Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros. This is the Fantasy Football Podcast. It is me Joey p Joe Pi Zapia, and it's time for Championship waiver week. That's right. Happy holidays everybody. It's a beautiful time, a lot of crazy football. Hopefully you had a kicker from Dallas that got a lot of points. You love when kickers decide fantasy football glory. You gotta love that. Stop playing with kickers, everybody. But we got some new quarterbacks this past weekend made some big impacts. I would think also too when you're looking at the standings, some really exciting games yet remaining, so a lot of teams with a lot to play for, which is good for the NFL, good for fantasy FITZI. It's such a wild close two week sixteen. You were telling me before the show you had Jonathan Taylor in two leagues remaining. One obviously you won with him, and the other you lost. And that is insane. What a crazy sunday we just came off of.
Speaker 2: No, Joe, that's actually not correct. I was in two games involving Jonathan Taylor. I had him in a league and lost. Wow, I was going and going against him in a league and won.
Speaker 1: That's what it was. So I tried the league.
Speaker 2: The league where I was going against him, the manager I was going against also a Jalen Hurts, so I guess that sort of netted out evenly. And the league where I had him, I just played a team that like everything clicked for them, and I just I had a good week and just lost to a team that scored an avalanche points.
Speaker 1: This is what happened sometimes. And I know when Jalen Hurts got hurt de bro his Sunday was over the rest of the day. He was texting me at like one oh five, Well I'm done is misery. I was right, you had a great run. You had a great run unfortunately out of that last league together.
Speaker 3: So trying to Joe not first to last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look, this is what it's all about, man. We're trying to help everybody else whin. There's still some names on the way. Look, last week was tons of streaming quarterbacks, very important, So we're gonna get to some more of those potentially today. For you. We saw Michael Pennis play was a Mason Rudolph put up points. I told you, but up at least fifteen and he did. Was it pretty No, of course not. But it doesn't matter points or points, and that's what we're searching for in this last week and we're trying to make good decisions also, So let's just jump right in with the quarterbacks here, FITZI, I want to talk about Michael Pennix. It felt like yesterday the playbook sort of opened up for the Atlanta Falcons a little bit. He also learned the hard lesson of don't throw the ball to Kyle Pitts because only bad things can happen. No.
Speaker 2: Yes, you saw the arm talent with Pennix. I mean, he man, can that guy spin it like? He has just unbelievable arm talent. Also, two things he was very good at in college sack in interception avoidance, two things that Kirk Cousins was not real good at. So this was definitely a warranted move for them. And I think you could play Pennix this week against the Commanders. Not an ideal matchup, but he is widely available, and you know, I think he's one of the better streaming options available, if not the best one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pennick certainly confident, I would say, is what I would say a confident in the pocket too, which is good. That's what you want to see. First starts can be a little shaky out. Granted, the opponent was the New York Football Giant, so that certainly would make most people comfortable. But regardless, Washington a much bigger test of this week. So do you think he's up for that? Because Washington coming off a huge win here, do you think that where as he a more challenged Penix this week? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The only thing is Joe, Like, I don't think he's going to put up big numbers because I don't think Atlanta wants him throwing it forty times. Okay, so maybe if you have to stream, I mean, you might actually be better off with Mason Rudolph, the aforementioned Mason Rudolph who gets a great matchup against the Jaguars. Yeah, we for him, like forty pass attempts is in play, and for Penix it probably isn't. So maybe Mason is the better streamer. But Mason could also you know, yesterday we got two touchdown passes and three interceptions for Mason Rudolph. Could it could be one touchdown in four interceptions and then you're probably not too excited that you started him.
Speaker 1: Probably not. Let's go to another quarterback worthy of streaming. This week, I finally got back on track with the upset special and betting pros Carolina Panthers prevail. Yay, what the old Panthers roar. Let's talk about the Bryce Young another guy too playing loose. You know, he took a shot yesterday in that game and he bounced back up and he was smiling. And that's a big part of I think development the NFL is guy starting to feel comfortable again with the speed of the game, with the impact of the game at that level, it looks like Bryce Young starting to settle in the matchup coming up this week is against Tampa and certainly that secondary continues to be one that you could score fantasy points against.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joey And the other thing we're seeing ada Bryce Young looking at streaming in this week is he's running. We've got He's got at least twenty rushing yards in three of his last five games. And yeah, the Buccaneers pass defense, Like in the primer of this last week, I was like, Oh, they're improving, and then they go out and allow two hundred and ninety two passing yards and eight point three yards per attempt to Cooper Rush, and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, ah, they suck again.
Speaker 1: So never mind, we're streaming Bryce Young all right, let's get to the running back streamers before we do. It's the most wonderful time of the year. It's the time for getting all the hoops of football and the hockey action you could possibly get only on DraftKings. It's a season of giving, and we'll be gifting college football, basketball, all the pro football playoffs around the corner, roll hockey to everything twenty four to seven. And of course, our betting pro channel is here to help you bet responsibly and smartly. Not to mention downloading the app too, because when you do, you get that FP free code, You get thirty three days and then you can go over to DraftKings and start making some cash back on all those presents that you spent over the holidays. Download the DraftKings sportsbook app right now. Use that promo code Fantasy Pros. That's code Fantasy pros for new customers to get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks. Happy Holidays from DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD and Ontario. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash bball.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the running backs, d bro. Let's start with your side here, because I know we were talking about looking ahead to the running back position. I know tonight we're gonna get the guy that you want to talk about. But barring anything of receipt tonight and injury obviously being the significant thing that could always pop up, especially when you play for the Saints, what are your thoughts next week for Kendre Miller playing against the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 3: I mean, hopefully we're recording this before the Monday night game. Hopefully he's the guy that's getting the workhorse volume. He's getting all the snaps, which we saw after Kamara was gone last week that was the case. So projecting that forward, hoping we don't see too much Jamal Williams. But if he is the workhorse back going against the Raiders, I mean he's gonna get the touches. The matchup is great, and Kendre this year, on a per touch basis, it's been really stinking good man. Thirty six percent mistackle rate, two point nine to six yards of to contact per attempt. He's gonna snif fifteen to seventeen opportunities in that game against the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Probably gonna be an RB two. All right, So there you go, another RB two potentially this week. Another guy too deep ro before the show was talking about the James Connor issue there. But Trey Benson another guy who might be streamable this week. Let's talk about him in that matchup he has against the Rams.
Speaker 2: FITZI if he plays Joe, yeah, that's the key. And if Benson returns and people who want to pick up a streaming running back for this week are gonna have to pick close attention to the injury reports out of Arizona because Trey Benson missed Week sixteen with an ankle injury. But if he comes back, he should get a lot of work for a team. And that's the thing that concerns me about Kendre Miller, Like can Spencer Rattler moved the offense keep the chains moving, because if they can't pick up first downs, it's not going to be a good day for Kendra Miller no matter who they're playing. And I'm certainly concerned about that for anyone who has Kendre Miller tonight against the Packers, because I think they're going to have a hard time in Chile lambeau Field with Spencer Ratler at quarterback. We're not going to have that with Kyler Murray. Like we know, Arizona's going to get a little bit of offense, they're gonna be able to generate first downs and scores. So if Trey Benson doesn't play this week, if it's like a high ankle and he's not able to go all of a sudden, Michael Carter remember him, Jets fans, he becomes sort of interesting. They activated him from the practice squad and sort of we're playing him yesterday over DJ Dallas in that game against the Panthers.
Speaker 1: You know, it's week seventeen when we start talking about these guys. So there you go, Michael Carter, DJ Dallas. What's the world coming to? Let's get to the wide receivers. Fitzie, what'd you make from Jalen McMillen's performance last night and how does that carry over potentially for you against Carolina?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you go back and you watch all those stupid draft shows we did, man back in August, how many Jalen McMillan shares did I drafted? And of course in real life edged the same thing and I dropped him. And now all of a sudden the last couple weeks at the end of the season, it finally comes to fruition. So it's nice to know the process is good, but man, it's frustrating to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and hat tip to our guy Deebro who was saying all along that Jalen McMillan was a better prospect than Jalen Polk and we have seen that come to fruition big time. So yeah, McMillan is tied to a good quarterback. He seems to be number two in the target pecking order now behind Mike Evans, but there is still enough leftover, especially with cad Otten hurt for the Buccaneers, and the matchup against the Panthers is good. So I do think McMillan is the best available wide receiver this week.
Speaker 1: All right, So McMillan in there. I know another guy that we talked about last week we're gonna drag over this week, Romeo Dobbs. Matchup next week against Minnesota, and Dobbs has been able to find the end zone. We'll see what he does tonight on Monday Night Football. But Debro it does seem like Dobbs and Love have a connection. Love starting to play very well. The Packers as a team right now starting to play very well. Also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got to the outline before FITZI, so I was able to grab the Packers guy.
Speaker 4: So good times for me.
Speaker 3: Romeo Dobbs, man, I mean like we've seen his Viking secondary giving up more production in the last few weeks, and the coverage matchup really leans in its favor for Romeo Dobbs. I mean, we've got a Minnesota secondary of running the highest two high rate of the season since Week seven. Dobbs twenty six percent target per route run rate, almost two point zero yards per route run. He should be the number one option for Jordan Love against the secondary.
Speaker 1: Okay, so look for Romeo Dobbs, Jalen McMillan if they're still on the waiver wire. And look, some of these guys ross percenter are still low. A lot of teams didn't want to make moves or who did want the decision making process of having to choose between the guy you're streaming off the waiver wire and the players that got you there. But look, this is about winning at the end of the day. And if you need a wide receiver three or add some injuries or flex some of these guys Benson McMillan, Romeo Dobbs, maybe even Kendre Miller might all be pretty useful. There. Also useful is at this time, you know, when you're starting a field, maybe not like yourself. You might have a situation called low testosterone and in effects about thirty percent of adult men in America. And if you're feeling drag and fatigue, it might not just be the winter season, it might be something more serious and if you're noticing a dip in muscle mass or sensing a slump and libido. If so, it's time to get your testosterone levels checked and tested. And if you have low TE Kaisa Trex is an FDA approved pill that's changing the game in the testosterone replacement therapy. In fact, Kaisa Treks restore testosterone level in nearly nine out of ten clinical study participants, and its unique formula is bypassing the liver to avoid any damage there. So it's time to break free from injections, pellets and jails. Choose Kaisa Trecks and take the step towards being the hero of your life again. To see if you qualify, is it kaisatrex dot com or take the low T quiz today. That's k y z A t r e x dot com Kaisa trex dot com. All right, let's take a look at the next position on our docket. The tight ends always a tricky one, de bro, where do you want to go for your Championship week streaming tight end corner?
Speaker 3: Zach ertz Man the number two in the Washington Commander's passing attack when he's been fully healthy. I was surprised he played last week Clear and concussion protocol barely got in there. But this week Look talked about Pinix and talked about that game already. We hadn't even mentioned Jane Daniels being him and what he did last week. I mean, how many questions did we get on the stream Joey about Daniels.
Speaker 1: I start Jane Daniels like nothing you should have seen sundlay then about everything was either Deebo sand or like, look, play Deebo Sam like you're trying to like and just just play the talent at the end of the day, Just play the talent. Like if it's being a talented guy and a terrible guy, but the talented guy's coming off a bad game or a couple of bad games, just just try to play the talent. But the Jane Daniels thing too shocking, Like the only guy the ones that were closer with the Joe Burrow ones and Joe Burrow been such a hot streak was six straight games with two fifty or more and three touchdowns. The only got to do that was Brady Ever and then Joe Burrow. So I get that question, but that was a game too FITSI where there was a couple. It was a couple of games like that this weekend where Lamar Jackson was like, enough is enough, you know, I'm tired of this nonsense. And they they beat the pants off of the Pittsburgh Steelers and then the Washington Commanders. I talked about this on Betting Pros and this was a really interesting measuring stick game and I was fascinated to see what the Commanders would do. Now, granted, can you Pikett not Jalen Hurts? Okay, Like I get that. I get that's a big part of the equation, But at w's a W at the end of the day, and that was a huge There a lot of those kind of statement games for some franchises, and the Vikings too, I make no mistake. I think for Sam Darnold that was another huge win on the road. Man, they just keep winning football games. Fitzy, let's talk about side end from your perspective. Who is streamable in week seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe is a fantasy baseball guy. I know you are familiar with the term post hype sleeper. And remember not long ago when there was some hype about Chigaconquo maybe being an up and coming tight end who we would be excited about using for fantasy, and that fizzled out and everyone kind of left Chig for dead. Well, Mason Rudolph has all of a sudden turned Chig into his favorite targets in Tennessee. Over the last two weeks, Chick has been targeted twenty one times double digit targets each of his last two games, seventeen catches for one hundred and forty yards. Like he is being turned into, like ahead of Calvin Ridley, the top target in the Tennessee offense. I think you can play against the Jaguars this week. The matchup isn't bad at.
Speaker 1: All, all right, So there you go, Chick a conquo second life. I love this the post hype guys in week seventeen. Why not? Sounds like a fun time to me. All right, let's talk a little bit about the defensive side of the football here and then we'll get to the kickers. I'm saving the kickers for a last today, FITZI. Let's talk about the Dolphins here for you, because that's on your list. The Dolphins take on Cleveland. You saw Dorian Thompson Robinson, who's gonna get a little bit of an audition. Do you think they saw enough yesterday. I'm just curious, or do you think they're gonna give him another game or two to just kind of evaluate what's on the roster.
Speaker 2: They don't want to win games Joe in Cleveland. So I think they're going to start DTR again this week, and like, this is a guy we want to target. In his four starts now over his career for the Browns, the Browns have scored three, thirteen, twelve, and six points and in one hundred and eighty career pass attempts, DTR has averaged just three point nine yards per attempt and there are turnovers and sacks to be had here too. Miami is like my number two defense for this week overall, not just streaming overall.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well, they came out with a good performance yesterday against the San Francisco and San Francisco still has you know, you know a few playmakers left that are healthy. Fun fact too, Rock Party had more rushing yards this year than Christian McCaffrey. I just thought that was fun. I saw that yesterday. Wow, my TV shirt together Dad, I was like, I was like, wow, you want perspective of how twenty twenty four kicks some people right in the pants. That's one for you, because if I told you like those four weeks, you'd be like, oh no, it's a maccafrey right now. No, it's rock party, all right. I don't want to press anybody further. It's the holidays. Everyone's miserable enough. Let's get to the other streaming defense of the week, Debro, Who do you have?
Speaker 3: People want to be depressed, Just watch Giants football. That's what we're gonna stream the Indianapolis called defense this week. Baby, just keep on rolling it. Whoever's whoever's playing the Giants done.
Speaker 1: That's my defense. Just New York football in general. Yep, just New York football across the board. Yeah, there's much enigma. I think it's pretty clear what is going on. And I told everybody everyone was away excited yesterday. Aaron Rodgers looks so good last again. He's like, bro, He's been playing in Florida for the last two weeks. It's six degreesier this morning when I woke up in New Jersey. Is cold. Old people like me and Aaron Rodgers like going out in the cold. Yeah, Fitzy's tough, he could take it. He's of that.
Speaker 3: There at four am, like shoveling his front and shoveling the front shirtless.
Speaker 1: There he's got the cheese head on and the top.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: Just a scarf, that's it. That's all he's got shirtless out there. The snow Joe is running out there in the front yard giving the finger to the Bears fan across the street. Oh goodness, courageous to get to the kickers because we have to. And apparently kicking is important from what we learned last night. At least Debro give me a streaming kicker for Week seventeen.
Speaker 3: Oh, Will Lutts against the Bengals should be at least I'm not going to say a full bounce back game for this Denver offense, but against I mean the Bengals defense is kind of the get right alixer for a lot of different offenses. Will Lutts kicker nine and fantasy points per game in the season two.
Speaker 1: All right, so Lut's in there against Cincy and FITZI give me a kicker for the week.
Speaker 2: Let's go with a different will. It's good will toward men with streaming kickers. This week. Will record in Minnesota against the Packers. Look, this is the time of year where we are looking for indoor kickers, and rekerd gets to be an indoor cat at home against the Packers in week sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let me add Jared Goff to that list too, of like, I'm going to stick it up your rear end, I mean, Lamar Goff, like all these guys with something to prove Bryce Young a little bit like all that really good. It was a fun weekend of prove it football, especially from the quarterback position, because look, the numbers don't lie. Jared Goff outdoors, stop being great. Jared Goff yesterday pretty great? That play too? How fun was that? Fake fake y? And credit to Ben Johnson, the coordinator, who saw it happen in the Packer game and they was like, oh, look at that. I wonder if we could do that, And apparently ask Goff, can you actually fumble the ball? And Goff's like, what are you crazy? He's like, that's a dumbest thing I've heard. Gof's like, I'll pretend to fall, but I'm not fake fumbling for you and picking it up and trying to throw. That's a terrible idea. It's like, why don't you go back here these guys chasing you three hundred pounds and see how you like fumble the football. All right, let's get to the top Waiver Wire ads of the week. And as FITZI mentioned, it is you know, goodwill toward men, the season of giving, this time of year, and we'd love wherever you get your podcast to drop a nice five star review of the show. Wherever you listen doesn't matter where. We appreciate that, so make sure you go ahead and do that, and again drag your comments below there as well. And if you haven't a race, subscribe to the YouTube channel to because we've got a lot of amazing content going on in the off season. We got a lot of draft content, a lot of football content, free agency recaps, previews, and some really fun things we've got planned too, So subscribe to YouTube channel and again, wherever you listen your podcasts, throw a five star on that bad boy in a nice comment. We really appreciate it for all the hard work that this crew here does in front of the scenes and especially behind the scenes too that you don't see who put these shows out. The incredible group of people we have your fantasy pros also this time of year, it's the season of giving, and besides giving reviews, maybe you want to give the gift of something different. You tired of getting those neck ties, or you know you're tired of the socks for Christmas time or hanakah. You know what, give the gift of tickets, and the great way to do that is with the Game Time App. Because Game Time is the best place to get all of your tickets, whether it be for NFL, whether it be NBA. You talk at sporting events, you're talking theater events, you're talking comedy events. Everything you name it, they've got it. So if you haven't already downloaded the Game Time App today, create an account, use that promo code Fantasy Pros, and you'll get twenty dollars off your first purchase. Again, they have the all in pricing. You can see the seat right from the app that you're going to be sitting in the lowest price is guaranteed too, and if you find something better, they're going to credit one hundred and ten percent of the difference. So there you go. So Game Time App again. Terms of conditions apply. Create an account today and redeem that promo code Fantasy Pros FA ntsy p r os for twenty hours off download game time today. What time is it? It's game time. It's also time to talk about the top five waiver wire ads of the week for the Championship run. Here we go, Fitzy, it's signed to win it all. Give me the top five guys that might help people do that in Week seventeen.
Speaker 2: Trey Benson number one, but with an asterisk. If you are looking to stream and running back this week, you are going to have to bird dog the Arizona Cardinals injury news early in the week to make sure that Benson is going to be available. If he is, He's a really nice play this week, filling in presumably for James Connor, who we don't expect to see in week seventeen. At number two, Kendre Miller. I do have concerns about the quarterback and his ability to move the offense, but you know Derek lead receivers or lead running backs widely available.
Speaker 1: He is won.
Speaker 2: Jalen McMillan number three. Number four, Gus Edwards, who look I mean Gus is a between the tackles grinder, but he got into the end zone twice this past week. He's going to get double digit carries this week against a bad New England Patriots run defense. He's got a pretty sturdy floor. And number five Alexander Madison. I might pivot to the other guy in Las Vegas. In a full point PPR league, I'll let debro talk about him, But in standard or half point PPR, I think I would prefer Madison. Not A bad play this week against Jacksonville gives up a lot of points to running backs.
Speaker 1: All Right, debro Let's line up the top five here for week seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I've been some plays. He's the top out of the week, but I'd worry that we probably don't see him this week. But it's questionable seeing as he didn't practice at all last week. But we'll see if he is available, he is the top out of the week. If not, Kendre Miller should be the top guy. Number two or three, depending on how you're ordering. This guy would be Jalen McMillan. Alexander Madison would be third on my list or fourth depending considering it. Look at the Raiders' backfield is gross. I'm not telling people that it's not, but Madison to getting the early down work and a mir Abdullah sneak it into my top five. Ride after him. Both these guys are sniffing ten to twelve opportunities. Both of them have touchdown equity in this offense. You're just looking at who's the early down guy playing the game script in that Saints game, or who's going to catch the passes. It's like FITZI was talking about Abdullah, maybe you want to go for him in a PPR league. And the last guy I'll mentioned here on the list I talked about him earlier is Romeo Dobbs.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there you go. Those are the top five. Everybody's got to make sure you take a look at the waiver Wire rankings two over a fantasybros dot com and check out all the waiver Wire content. Just because it's the holidays doesn't mean that we are sleeping on the job. The elves are busy working putting together the best NFL content for the Waiver Wire you're gonna find anywhere, and the fastest as well, so we'll keep you up to date. Also, don't forget use my playbook, use autopilot. It's the holidays, it is a great time if you're not sure what's going on. We got games on Christmas, all these things. You could set it and forget it. Sink your leagues for free. Use my playbook even if you didn't use it all year. It is a great time because things get crazy. You got games on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday. I mean, you got a lot of stuff going on this week. Don't lose a Fantasy championship just because you missed a bit of news at the last second. Use autopilot. It's a great feature over there on my playbook. Go to Fantasypros dot com, slash my playbook or just download the app wherever you get your apps. All right, everybody, So good luck to everybody out there, Go get them, get that Fantasy Championship. That's what we've been trying to do all of this time, for all these many many months. So a special shout out to the guys here too for doing great work all year on the waiver wire making this show a very easy, fun one. And appreciate everybody out there listening to it. Again, have a happy holidays all for us here elver a Fantasy Pros that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for Debro and Pat fitz Morris. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, enjoy the holidays. We'll see you next week. Thanks for listening to the Ban Prose Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at fantasypros dot com slash review, or on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasypros.