Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This He's Talking Cowboys, springing live.
Speaker 3: From the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at.
Speaker 1: The Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Put on dag Bergers.
Speaker 5: Here's dot Kidson, Teddy Patdown, and.
Speaker 2: Now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, Live Star in Frisco, Texas, in the s WBC Studios. Welcome in, everybody. We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Standback, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeoman so glad you were with us in today is an extra special two for episode of Cowboy. You get the A yo, that's not even that, that's nutty, that's a stretch.
Speaker 1: I was talking about my coffee.
Speaker 3: Whoa Oh my god? For one is the saying, and we get the we get lab coat today in the third segment, What's what's lap coat can look like?
Speaker 1: What does this team look like?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be.
Speaker 3: And then Isaiah Standback's got QB vision. In the second segment, time, oh, got.
Speaker 1: A little bit of ho It's a good balance. It is. Wow, it's a good balance. It is. I like that.
Speaker 6: And in the fourth segment my life story. I was very young when I was born.
Speaker 1: I was very young when I was born. Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 3: Know, Josh and I get left off in these episodes.
Speaker 4: I mean, you got k why's what is it? Stat of the week, staut of the week, That's what it is.
Speaker 3: That'll come up tomorrow. I've got a stat cooking, stat cooking, Yeah, trying to find my own my own status. Blombayic, a little crim bulet you know.
Speaker 4: The stove, cafeteria free.
Speaker 3: Everybody doing all right.
Speaker 6: Today's wonderful, man.
Speaker 3: I feel like today it's good to see you. It's good to see you, and it's good to be It feels like it's been a turn of the page. There was frustration earlier in the week. There was a little bit of animosity at times, just with this football team and the fan base.
Speaker 6: It's time to get down to business. Yeah, it's time to like put your best foot forward. You know what's going on you know how you're dealing with injuries here. You know that Ceedee Lamb is not playing, you know the Todd Booker is not playing, So you have to put your best foot forward. And I think at least as far as press conference is going, we'll hear from coordinators today. But you get a sense that everyone is it's time to get to work.
Speaker 3: And yes, yeah, I think paybag. Of course, the primetime window plays a factor into it all, and the opponent plays a factor into trauma plays into it. That's exactly right.
Speaker 6: It's a popcorn ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited about this weekend. It's gonna be an incredible atmosphere. I know Cowboys fans are ready to welcome in Micah Parsons with certain arms. I'm not exactly sure what exactly it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Look Likelion, I think so too.
Speaker 3: I think there are going to be booze and I think there are going to be cheers at the same time.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a little bit of all. I'm thinking it goes fifty to fifty either way.
Speaker 4: How do you guys feel about the tribute video.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why everybody is losing their mind over the.
Speaker 6: That there's a lack thereof Yeah, no tribute video not happening.
Speaker 1: I'm alright with that, did you I'm completely fine with it. What I would like to see is a player that played out as rookie cunts.
Speaker 6: Michael laying on the sidelines as like on the big screen.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know, just that's going to be so much use it against him. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's going to be on freaking he was going, I don't want to kill him with find a way to you know, get himself, you know, ready for this game, no matter what's going to be too amped. And that might work against some Yeah, that might work.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Luca cried on the bench prior to taking the floor at the American Airline Center for the first time as a Laker, and he put up fifty nine points.
Speaker 1: We also didn't, didn't we agree to differentuations are different, they are later, but you can't.
Speaker 3: Lucas, No, no, no, no, But I'm talking about Yeah, the situations are completely different from how we got there. But I'm talking about emotions of returning home that's similar.
Speaker 1: He scored that much. Luca put up fifty.
Speaker 3: Nine points or forty five or one of the one of the two.
Speaker 1: His vengeance was different though to me anyway.
Speaker 3: Probably he had a little.
Speaker 6: Bit more and listeners cooking, they're saying no video.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't like how how things went. I don't like how things degraded. I don't on either side. I just want to be clear. I don't like how it was handled in the front office. I don't like how Micah's side handled it as far as like the public trade requests, and I don't want to play for the Cowboys anymore. Like I'm like, mmmm, really that's how you feel.
Speaker 3: Just for those that are wondering. Forty five points, eight rebound, six assists, four steals in his return against the Dallas Matterick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he also wasn't shipped out of town at eleven fourbounds.
Speaker 6: Michael parsons that.
Speaker 1: He also didn't uh and Luca also got his team to the conference finals and then the def So you see, you see what I'm saying. So if you're talking tributes that are deserved, these are the type of players that deserve tributes, not players. No knocking Micah, but four years, no playoff success, one game, one game fair, I need you if if you are pro tribute for Micah. I just need you to justify the watch that just tell me why, and it has to be a like a concrete conc crea one or two reasons other than you love Michah. Loving a guy is perfectly fine. Wrong with that, nothing wrong with that. However, I love you that before seasons is not It does not a tribute. Make four seasons to not a tribute, make you know what I mean? So I agreed with the Zeke tribute. Look at what Zeke was able to do as far as record setting over the course of his and then he had two stints came back and it's like, okay, cool, right, you're not Zeke, You're not Emit, you're not Luca And again no knock to michaeh. I just I don't see the justification for a tribute, So why people are making old They're not gonna do a tribute, so who cares? I would I would be more understanding of if this game was in Green Bay and the Packers chose not to do a tribute for Kenny Clark that I would understand. That's nine seasons through Pro Bowls, with some postseason success and with Aaron Rodgers and Jordan of I mean, like I would understand if that was a note, I'd be like, oh, that's that's shape.
Speaker 3: Just to play devil's advocate, even though I do agree with you, micaeh made more Pro Bowls with Dallas than Kenny Clark.
Speaker 1: Did with but not an impactful you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like, would you be fine with a photo thank you, Michael?
Speaker 3: Like a folk Oh yeah, like a graphic graphic?
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, I'd be cool with that, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm fine with it because that at least knowledge is it.
Speaker 1: I'm found with that Michael put a highlight package.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know about like a montage with.
Speaker 1: A highlight video.
Speaker 4: Couches back there cooking up a whole what I.
Speaker 1: Am good with splitting the difference. I could see it, thank you, graphic, and then let's play football.
Speaker 3: I'm interested in what everybody because I know it's a split thought process over the Micah situation in general. But would you or would you not have a tribute? Put it in the comments right now.
Speaker 4: And be clear, is it a video or is it a graphic?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Two very different things. And at the graphic it's Michael Alans sideline.
Speaker 3: We are such creative that we're debating a graphic person. It's different.
Speaker 4: It is different.
Speaker 3: All right, News and notes, Pat, what's going on with this team? And what does the injury report look like?
Speaker 1: All right? Wednesday's injury report, we already know the expected being Tyler Booker and Ceedee Lamb. Neither of them participated nor shall they participate for the foreseeable future. Tyler Booker will eventually be moved to IL right, we feel at some point this week we'll see how they choose to handle that. Good news to Ron Bland continues to trend toward taking the field back on practice yes back in practice yesterday, and in a limited capacity, so he is ramping up. All signs point to him having a green light as long as there are no setbacks this week. The front office has said it, Shottenheimer has said it looks like he will be a go. Traquayes Bridges, he did pop up on the injury report with a knee issue, but limited. He did do some work yesterday, so it's not of major concern. But what's not good is Trevon Diggs, with his knee issue, did not participate in Wednesday's practice, so here we are again with the possibility of getting Bland back and then Diggs being sidelined, and that just seems to be a theme that the universe conspires against those two playing on the field at the same time for any extended period of time. Flippy really quickly to the Green Bay Packers. They have a few did not participate players that did not participate, I should say it that way. The most glaring is Zach is It torn Tom their offensive line in their tackle starting tackle right oblique injury. He did not participate. I saw some reports yesterday that says he's going to miss this game. So in the event, which is going to be a perfect segue too, because I looked at the rundown, in the event that he cannot play, well, even if he does play, there's no reason to not have Jadavion Clowney on the field. And in the event there starting tackle can't play, all the more reason to have Javion Clowney on the field.
Speaker 6: And he had that oblique the week before last whenever they're going to Cleveland and Miles Garrett did not help matters there, so may have reaggravated that or just made it worse.
Speaker 3: Probably there based on and I know you guys want to see Jadavian Clowney play, but just based on the conversations that we had yesterday in the locker room, what's your confidence level he does play going into week.
Speaker 6: He's confused why he didn't play last.
Speaker 1: Speaking of split decisions, it's a split decision right now. Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have both got on one oh five three of the Fan and said they expect they expect. Stephen Jones said yes. Jerry Jones said yes to the question. Yes. Shoddy is noncommittal, which I think is more so games mach. He doesn't want to reveal his game.
Speaker 4: He's hold his cards closed.
Speaker 1: My money on the table, not allowed to bid. Okay, Roger back off Pracrick. We were speaking, you know terms. Yeah, if I were to put money on the table, I would say that Javion Clowney plays this game, because is what do you have to lose by playing him? Now that he's been here a couple of weeks to get prepared. You don't have a pass rush that's get home consistently. You're staring at one in three starts of the season. In the face. You can't justify to me why he's not on the field. If he's not on the field, get him on the field. I think he gets on the field and also.
Speaker 4: There let him cook.
Speaker 1: You can feel that frustration bubbling beneath his surface, because, like you said, he wanted to play last week, he was disappointed that he didn't. Eh, I don't know if you want to pull that twice. Yeah, oh, Jim, I don't know, Jim, old Jim, get him out there, Get him out there.
Speaker 3: How much of an impact do you feel like Clowney could make Isaiah when he gets back into the fold. I know we've talked about it a little bit throughout the week, but even just hearing the pause to put him in the game last week, does that mean we're still going to see him on a pitch count.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't We haven't seen this Doe since last year, so I have no idea what his conditioning level was, Like, I don't know how he's coming off the ball. We literally are going into this game line with expectations from seven months ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I mean none of us know, right, It's all hope and a lot of.
Speaker 6: The circulation, at least on social and you know who knows what his conditioning is at. But a lot of people are saying he's just not as big as he used to be.
Speaker 1: He's thin.
Speaker 6: It looks really thin. I mean even Jesse Holly was saying, he looks like a wide receiver.
Speaker 3: I cuck it up.
Speaker 1: I can tell you why. It's the conversation that he and I had right after he signed his contract. He said, I mentioned it on the show that the Panthers had him doing more coverage than he had ever done in his career, so he dropped ten to twelve pounds in order to be able to cover better. Now he's look he's trying to work toward getting that ten to twelve pounds of muscle back. So as you see him right now, that's the answer for why he looks slimmer. But if his plan, if everything goes according to plan with the dietitians and the training staff, he should look a bit heavier three weeks from now, right. So, yeah, but that explains why he looks a little bit more slender.
Speaker 6: My thing is regardless of his condition. Right now, I want to see someone else besides don I just need to see something different, something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jam Houston and Via and coloney.
Speaker 3: What are you looking at here, Isaiah?
Speaker 1: I'm just Jameson.
Speaker 3: You're being coy Isaiah a day.
Speaker 1: Why are you?
Speaker 7: I'm blocked and loaded, locked and loaded. We just don't I mean, we don't know what Clowney can bring. We will find out. We're trying to find out. Yeah, we'll find out. We literally don't know, right, It's it's literally a crapshoot right now, we're going off of history. That's literally we don't have preseason, we don't have training camp, we don't have OTA, we don't have anything to go off of Panthers from last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, I mean, which was good. If he gives you five or six as over the rest of the season, it's a successful sign absolutely.
Speaker 7: I mean, if we get the Clowney that we've seen the last three years, then we're all gonna be sitting here happy as all get out, happy as claims. But we don't know what we're getting, so we can go off of expectations. But that's literally all we have to go off of.
Speaker 3: It's one of those it's better than what we've got right now scenarios.
Speaker 1: Right at least, you think if we get what we've seen on film.
Speaker 7: We will be happy because what we've seen on film is aggressive defensive men that is that is long and lanky, that sets the edges, that really pushes the defense. The offensive lineman back. When he wants to get to the quarterback, he's relentless in his pursuit to get him. He is a guy that demands the respect of the offensive line. He's the guy who demands the respect of the offensive coordinator. You better put some respect on his name, otherwise he'll make you pay if you put one guy on him. And once he if he has his feet underneath him, he is what he was, He's gonna make you pay. So he's somebody that you have to adjust your pass protection to. He's somebody that the quarterback has to be aware of. So yeah, if we're getting the old version of him from the last time he touched the field, then yeah, you'll be happy.
Speaker 1: But we truly don't know. I don't think he knows what he's able to do right now.
Speaker 6: I think you would be content. You would be satisfied with the production that he gave you last year. If it is like just jumping back to what he did last year, you would be fine with that, but I don't think it's going to get you over the hump of like, oh, now you have past past rushing defense.
Speaker 4: He gets you, it will be serviceable and.
Speaker 1: Gets you a Sunday. That's cool.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, like he has he saved for bold predictions.
Speaker 7: Bro, he hasn't had a He hasn't had a full speed reps as his last NFL game. Yeah, even the practice that he's had here the last howe many days, it's not a full speed rep because he can't go relentlessly to the quarterback.
Speaker 8: So he legit has not had a full speed rep. So he doesn't know what he can do right now. It's all up in the air, all of it. You know what else is up in the air football? Because it's QB Vision time.
Speaker 3: A Micah is making his return, his homecoming of sorts, Micah Parsons to a teen parties stadium. Who is he bringing with him? Isaiah stand back koy Isaiah here on this talking Cowboys Thursday. Is gonna break it down when we come back QB Vision right after this.
Speaker 9: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future.
Speaker 1: That's why we're here.
Speaker 9: Providing the tools, expertise, and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 1: We're with you.
Speaker 9: That's our promise to you because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 1: Where with you?
Speaker 4: Where are you noted?
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a.
Speaker 1: Bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 3: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 1: How's it going. You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: I watched.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent, you up, some creat talents, and they got some fight hoping this is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 3: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 1: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Corpywright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 1: I'm home, Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading. Nice?
Speaker 7: Hey can you? Hey? Hon?
Speaker 1: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow?
Speaker 3: Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 1: We think so.
Speaker 11: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident. Pact ten more towers. Restrictions and exclusion apply. Att dot Com Slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Love Me some Black Rifle Coffee? Today's or This segment is brought to you by in Visiline, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys, as well you know they say when you have a visiline, you're not supposed to drink coffee with your invisil because it turns them yellow. Yeah, you're not supposed to do it.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 6: I don't want yellow teeth, of course not I don't either, But I also don't want the purlescent white teeth. Yea where it's like you look like you got the chick lits in your You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You look like the Masks starring Jim Wire.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's what happens.
Speaker 6: Like, I want to be a normal human being.
Speaker 10: I don't want to.
Speaker 7: Like, it's just a.
Speaker 4: Scary thing when a lot of people are doing that. I know, it's terrifiking.
Speaker 7: Have you seen the new wave Now they're starting to give like diamond cuts people's veneers.
Speaker 4: You know what I would do.
Speaker 6: I would fully replace my teeth with diamonds.
Speaker 4: I would do it.
Speaker 1: What yeah, really full of wing?
Speaker 3: Like Yeah, wouldn't that.
Speaker 4: Be such a like dichotomy the diamonds? You're talking cowboys? Like three years playing Black, I got.
Speaker 1: The CD teeth, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, Okay, CD's teeth, all right?
Speaker 6: Well, talking to teeth here all of the cows is a supportive dad like, yeah, I like you.
Speaker 3: What else you want to do?
Speaker 1: So I do agree with you.
Speaker 3: Though you can't have too white of teeth. It's just it's too much, just just a show out, a little bit a shade or so knock it down.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, we don't got to go full.
Speaker 3: We're a lot trying to be people here. We're all trying to make it happen here.
Speaker 6: We're all human being. I will be getting botox though.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what we are going to be talking about. It's a little bit of this.
Speaker 1: Why Eddie, Why Eddie put?
Speaker 2: It's time for QB vision with Isaiah's standback.
Speaker 1: I We're back. I make I'm excited, excited. I am excited. Man. Let's talk about it. Okay, let's call the spade a spade.
Speaker 7: Okay, We're playing against the number one defense in terms of points per game allowed, number one defense in terms of yards per play allowed, number one defense in terms of passing yards per play allowed, and the third best ranked rushing defense in the league.
Speaker 1: Those are the facts.
Speaker 7: Yes, you're playing against a very aggressive defensive team. Their defensive backs will come hit you. Their defensive line wants to get after you. Their linebackers want to get to the quarterback. Okay, the guys are very aggressive. So that's enough gas.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's enough gasoline on there on their little flyer that they have there. Let's let's talk.
Speaker 7: About where they're weak, where they're curious. They're so supposedly the third best rushing defense in the league. I don't believe it, exactly. I'm not a believer. I am not a believer.
Speaker 1: These guys are only allowing sixty four yards per game. Believer.
Speaker 7: You know why because their interior d line to me is they're just not oppressive. They are not impressive. They miss somebody named k C. You know, I'm not talking about Fried Chicken.
Speaker 3: In Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Kenny Clark Clark.
Speaker 7: Okay, they thought they can get by without Kenny Clark. They thought they we don't need them. We got Mike coming in. They miss him. The reason why they miss him is because Kenny Clark not only can two gap and hold the ford at the point, but Kenny Clark also wants to get vertical and get between your offensive linement and get on the other side of your offensive line. Their interior defensive linement that they currently have, do not do that. They are true stand there, hold the ford to two point two gap guys that just want to push and bull rush.
Speaker 1: That's what they want to do.
Speaker 6: But they're not getting any actual push.
Speaker 7: They're not they I mean sometimes they do, sometimes they do, but they're more vertical than they are anything. Right, So if you had to say, my center in Cooper BB is out and my right guard is down to my third guy who is now TJ. Bass, and I'm missing my two starters there. The one thing I would want the opposition to do with their interior D lineman is what against brock Hoffman and TJ. Bass be borus guys, please, That's that's the one area I actually feel comfortable and confident with those those two gentlemen.
Speaker 10: So do it.
Speaker 7: That's all they can do. That's what their interior D lineman can do. So this sixty four yards per game, eh, let's test that. Let's test that theory. I believe that the Dallas Cowboys can run for one twenty five on these guys. Wow, I truly do, to quote.
Speaker 1: The great King Leonidis, will put their names to the test.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I truly do. I truly do so I would like to see that be tested. Now, what you don't want to do. What you don't want to do is you don't want to find yourself in passing situations on a consistent basis. You don't want to find yourself in second and long third and lungs.
Speaker 3: Behind the chain.
Speaker 7: You don't want to do that because the best portion of their defense is their front seven and their ability to get to the quarterback.
Speaker 1: That's right, they can do that.
Speaker 7: And how do they do that? Well, they just have better guys, didn't you. Let's just call a spade a spade. So you don't want to be in that position. Who do they have on that defensive front? Well, guys that you need to be concerned about. Well, there's number one. You obviously know about him, Michael Parsons, who has not been on every down guy for them, but he's been a rotation guy. Why is he a rotation guy? Because they have a number of guys that can play that position along with him? Is going to be let's talk about him.
Speaker 1: Maybe Rashan Gary number fifty two for those that don't know, he's kind of good.
Speaker 7: He's kind of good. He likes to line up in not only a seven tech, a nine tech. He lines up in like a fifteen tech. Sometimes he's way out there. Okay, so he's so far out there that sometimes he will come get come off the chip from your tight end who is detached from the offensive line, and still work his way all the way back to your tackle, who is then waiting on him, and it is probably giving too much. But if he's able to get to you, then you are spending way too much time in the pocket because that's how far away he's coming. The one thing that their defensive line does very well that bothers me and concerns me about this game is they stunt very well. They move a lot in terms of responsibilities. They will take their tackle and run across the face of your center and your guard and challenge your offensive line's ability to communicate properly in terms of who's passing who off. If you can't pass off guys from defense alignment to the next defense linesman and keep your eyes on your target and your responsibility, you're screwed.
Speaker 3: It goes back to that te t list that you were talking about going into science correct and what happened in the Giants game and where did they really challenge them. Now, Dallas was able to sort through it and they were able to put up points, So that's a good sign for sure. But there were a couple of times. I know Dak got sacked twice on an ET stunt at some point in time.
Speaker 7: The reason why this concerns me is because you are using your backups. Yeah, you're using You're using TJ. Bass, You're using brock Hoffman. Both of those guys are maulers, right. They want to get their hands on you. They want to exert their physicality on you. They're concern you. They want to get in a fight with you. So if you're so concerned with getting in a fight and locking in with these interior defense alignment that want to bull rush, they're probably not coming off of those blocks and getting to the guy that's scraping over the top, going to get dack. That's my concern. So even though they don't bring a ton of pressure. Okay, I haven't even looked at the analytics. I've watched the film. Okay, I stop trusting, stop trusting the stat.
Speaker 3: Yeah you've got a bit of beefoot, Yeah, I gotta be currently.
Speaker 7: But they will challenge, they'll bring five sometimes sometimes they'll bring six, but they don't like to expose their secondary at all. Their secondary. This is a single high defense. These guys, Listen, I went back to the Washington game. These guys are single high. However, the difference between their single high and what we've seen from our defense and single high is their defensive backs don't allow guys to run by them without getting contact. Every person that runs past the second level, Okay, that's your linebacker level, and if your defensive backs are at that level, they're walk down safety. Whoever it might be, nickelback. Somebody's putting hands on you. They're gonna bless you. They're gonna bless you are They're gonna touch you shoulder, they're gonna push you, They're gonna do something. They are trying to get contact on you to knock you off of your timing and knock you off of your path. Okay, your your alignment, you're seeing wherever you might be. They don't want to allow you just run free, so you expect contact. So when you start thinking about it from that context, your receivers have to play this game physical. That's why I'm concerned about this. From what I've seen from our receivers to date, we haven't put it on tape. Okay, from what I've seen, George Pickens doesn't want that contact. From what I've seen, Tolbert, Tolbert can get easily knocked around. On what this style of defense and who do I say? I said, I'm in turping Turpin can get easily knocked around. Tolbert is a stature that makes sense, yes Tobert. To me, it's probably your best option from what I'm seeing on tape. From what I'm seeing on tape now, that could be completely different. But I'm talking about body type. I'm talking about willingness, ability to fight off defensive backs and catch you know, the ball with somebody sitting on their backs.
Speaker 1: Nafety is sure would be good to have me on the field. Yeah, I hear that.
Speaker 3: I hear that absolutely, but it's not available for at least another week.
Speaker 7: Last last thing i'll mention here, Okay, guys, I'll work from the D line to the last second level to now the third level Cover three team.
Speaker 1: These guys want to keep everything in front of them. Cover three.
Speaker 7: They'll play man to man as well. They don't mind matching up man to man because they want to get physical, like you know, so as you you're supposed to only contacting five yards. As soon as you get to five yards, it seemingly that's when their hands become veilcrow. They want to get on your hip, they want to get on your shoulder, and they're sticky. They want to play everything from back down. They're not letting anything get behind them. The safety when you watch their safety is unconcerned about what's going on in the backfield. These guys are sitting back twenty five yards deep and they're keeping everything in front of them. Hardly ever, whill you see these guys turning and running backwards because their job is to keep everything in front as a safety.
Speaker 4: Three wink wink, Yes, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: Yes, their second level sinks. Okay, very well, so you're got to be very patient off In. You're gonna have to be okay with Dinkin and Duncan.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: The reason why they sink is because as the second left they're going to cover three right, these guys will drift back. So now your linebackers instead of them being at this seven to eight yard mark, these guys are really at the ten to twelve yard mark. Safeties and corners are even further back than that, so you're left with the option of what dumping it down right, And if you try to wait for your guys to get beyond that ten to twelve yard mark of the second level, not the third level, but of the second level, usually you run out of time because of what because of.
Speaker 6: The rushers incongruous to what you're saying, and it's You've laid it out perfectly. This defense is structurally sound, especially the secondaries, and I love that they're able to disguise their coverages and when they do sit in a basic look, the offense is confused. It's like, wait a second, They've been disguising this all game long, and then when they set you're like, all right, what are they gonna do now?
Speaker 3: And then they just maul you.
Speaker 6: The key to that, like you're saying, is run the ball, Run the MF ball all day long. Javonte Williams is going to be your X factor this week. We can say that in together in Unison, it'll be Jovontay Williams.
Speaker 1: You need to rely on him all gamealy.
Speaker 6: But my thing is Jake Ferguson is going to be another huge xpactor like you're saying Dnkin and dunkin. I am fine with those fifteen sixteen seventeen targets that get you forty or fifty yards. Those are basically run place. The more you're able to do that, the more often you're abel to do that. If you're doing that on first down and Javonte Williams on second down, I mean, the numbers are adding up, the math is mathing. You are able to get first downs and keep Green Bay's offense off the field.
Speaker 3: They're going to give you the middle of the field in between the hash marks, even an occasional seam from here from time to time, it's going to be there, which reminds me, of course, Jake Ferguson of what he did thirteen targets or thirteen receptions on sixteen targets last.
Speaker 6: Week for fifty yards, for fifty yards seventy.
Speaker 3: It's probably what we're gonna see again. Maybe they try and take one over the top and take the top off with Jake Ferguson like they've done in the past. Maybe, but it's not just him, it's guys like Schooonmaker and Brevin spam Ford. Because you don't want that wear and tear over and over and over again. But then we heard Brian Schottenheimer yesterday in his press conference. He said he was asked about Pickens and the different role that Pickens is going to have now that Cede Lamb's not in the offense. He said, I don't think the role for Pickens changes. I think the role for everybody else changes. He said, Guys like Ferguson and Turpin and Tolbert, that's the guys. Those are the guys that are going to need to step up and fill in from production standpoints. So with that being said, I'm thinking Ferguson over the middle. Like, if you're in a PPR fantasy league, I would probably start the dude because it's just going to be bang bang bang bang, and he already leads the NFL entit physicality.
Speaker 1: Granted, you don't have Jonathan Mingle, you do have Ryan Flinoy, right, so's he's right now. As far as the active ruster is concerned, he's arguably most physical. I wouldn't say toughest, because I give that to Terment because the size and ability to take those hits, But as far as physicality, I'd really ramp up Flinoyd there, and I would also not shy away from twelve personnel. We're talking about exposing the middle of the field. Let's get let's get Brevin span Ford and Jake focusing on the field at the same time with George picking that, you know what I mean, I think that's how you start to exploit that defense.
Speaker 3: I think I think span Ford has earned more rap. Yes, even the play that he had that got called back because of the game the end of the game, just that one play was like, oh wow, and then you remind me I'm not saying wow, there remind people how big he is six foot seven seven.
Speaker 1: Earlier, earlier in the game. I can't remember exactly what play, but he laid a block on somebody and then went looking hunting and laid another block. I put two guys on their back. I was just.
Speaker 7: I love the idea of twelve personnel. The reason why I love the idea of twelve personnel, I'm glad y'all brought that up. Because you want to impose your will. You want to impose your will.
Speaker 4: You know what to hold on to the ball.
Speaker 7: You know they want to get after the quarterback. Yea, like they're coming in here enraged like Micah, do what you do.
Speaker 1: That's what they want.
Speaker 7: Man, listen, go twelve personnel and move these guys off the ball. Have a fourteen fifteen play drive Like do that consistently and I think that you can.
Speaker 1: These guys are aggressive. Don't listen.
Speaker 7: This is gonna be a physical game. Yeah, get freaking buckle up for getting the ice bath before the game, red lighte therapy, all the stuff. Get your massages now, acupuncture because this is gonna be physical, especially at the line of scrimmage and really out there receivers. If you want to catch the ball, you're getting hit. Okay, you guys are talking about trying to get to the seams. I don't believe this is a scene game. I really don't because because they're so physical at the second level, then they do such a good job of squeezing their guys. If you try to get to the seams, you're that safety is right there. It's not like our safeties. Their safety is gonna be sitting right there in a position to knock your head off right, and their corner is gonna be in there too, because he's gonna be sitting in your hipcke. So I do believe that this shallows you know what I'm saying, drive route concepts, little short things like that along with the consistent running game. If you're getting four yards of pop at the running game and you're getting five yard little chunks here and there with what your tight end or shallow rouse with turp or whoever, that's what I'm talking about, sustainable drive. You had to wear these guys down because now you're taking their intensity and you're using it against them, you know, because they're going to be aggressive, and you know, balls to the wall for that first little bit, and then it's like, all right, that's two first downs, you know, yeah, all right, you know what the heck's going on?
Speaker 1: How do we slow this down? Right? And then once you get to the fifty, you got points.
Speaker 7: You don't want to be kicking field goals, obviously, but at least you in your head, in their head, crap, they got.
Speaker 1: Points on you know what, else, you will be taking ownership of tumbel position, which keeps you in love and that extent. So on the satellite, you have to let the clock play.
Speaker 3: Things the way that guys teams played Mica in the past, where they go away from them constantly. Do you see Dallas doing anything similar to that? Or do you want them to go straight at them?
Speaker 1: I want to go at them.
Speaker 4: I think I want to go out him.
Speaker 7: There was a play, if anybody wants to go back and watch, at third quarter of the Cleveland brown game, twelve minute and thirty two seconds. Running back for the Cleveland Browns, Queen Shawn Jenkins literally goes out.
Speaker 1: And destroys Micah. Destroys Micah.
Speaker 7: They pulled the guard and pull the guard out to go block Mike on the left side. He quen sewn Jenkins comes outside and runs through Micah's shoulder.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, O, Michae didn't like that. Michael point and down. No, no, he didn't even point. He was on the ground. No, I mean after he got up, he was just see that.
Speaker 4: The film went and went to the next play.
Speaker 1: That's how long he was on the gross like, oh, so you made at the guy for bro, Listen, he ran through his whole soul he did. I'll bring it up for you. He took him off the ground.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 6: Now, anybody on the Cowboys dude, oh yeah, oh yeah, you hope so. But as far as physic act physicality, goes. I don't know that you necessarily have those guys that are going to go at them in that way you hope. I mean, we're all here thinking and idealizing Dallas being physical against this team when you haven't necessarily said the past. But you have a different look, and you have Javonte Walling.
Speaker 3: You've at least seen flashes of it this year. I think there have been flashes of you being physical has been correct. When it hasn't been consistent, that's when it's been a problem. I thought they were physical against Philadelphia, they were physical in the second half against New York. They were physical in the first half, even after the fumble from Javonte Williams against Chicago when they went from down fourteen to three to tie at fourteen fourteen. But the fact of the matter is is it hasn't been consistent.
Speaker 1: I would prefer it has not. You have two backups, one at center, one a right guard. My concern there is pass pro so instead of that, give it to Davante and make them go right down here. That's what brought out they want to do anyway. Yeah, they want to fight, they want to engage. Let them clear lanes. You can move those guys. Yeah, let them, let them clear lanes like, don't ask them to no, no, no, go eat and eat hardy.
Speaker 6: And part of that part that is eating on first, chunky, chunky. You have to succeed on first. Second, ye can't put yourself you cannot put yourself in that.
Speaker 1: And don't come out throwing on first. Just just don't get don't get cute, don't get cute, don't get cute.
Speaker 4: Play physical.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go ahead and take our second break. When we come back, it's time for.
Speaker 1: Some lamp coat.
Speaker 3: What do you got?
Speaker 1: Oh, We're gonna talk about how just how important it is for the Cowboys to figure out a way, whatever it might be, whatever magic you might need to work. You cannot go down one in three to start the season. And I'm going to tell you try and.
Speaker 3: Get that magic. Roll in here with talking cowboys when we come back.
Speaker 1: I'm home.
Speaker 11: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Hey, can you an? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine.
Speaker 3: Wow, isn't it nice? Not having to ask?
Speaker 11: We think so that's why if there's a network into eruption AT and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime last and twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single INCID impact in ten more towers. Strictions and in exclusions apply s ATT dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 10: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, Let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 1: Would you, Dear Doctor, My.
Speaker 3: Friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 10: But what's the right gift that's says thanks for being the soldier to cry out? Okay, this one's easy. I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is full of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 1: Cowboys with the Code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 3: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys vip to Talking Cowboys back here on Talking Cowboys' final segment with Patrick noc Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stan Back, Chris Beaman, the back Gum, Kyle Yeoman's all right, Patrick, you have the floor for a little bit of science. Science.
Speaker 1: Yes, science is there, we go science lab coat. All right. So let's talk about starting a season a season record wise. Okay. So the Cowboys started off with an on to two. I'm one and two record escaped against the Giants. Cool beans, got wopped by the Bears. Not so cool beans, And here come the very pissed off Green Bay Packers on the heels of losing to the Cleveland Browns. Very very good Cleveland Browns defense, as your defense is still trying to figure out how to get from the bottom third. I think they're third worse than the league right now, the first of end of the ball. Yeah, not great, Bob MGB. So here's the thing. Shoddy is saying all the right things. I'm sure the coordinators will say all the right things. Every game is a must win, no matter what the record is. True enough, go one and oh this week? However, yeah, go one and oh this week. Cool, that's what you need to do. Here's why when an NFL team starts off at one and two, they have thirty percent chance of making the play. That's where the Cowboys are right now. Okay, not great, but it's it's workable. Okay, if they find a way to go to two and two, I don't care how you do it, just figured it out. If you figure out a way to shock the world and defeat the Green Bay Packers on Sunday Night football, your odds jumped to forty two percent, a forty two percent chance of making the playoffs. Now you're flirting with fifty to fifty at that point as far as the odds are concerned, if you can just get to five hundred at two and two. However, if you lose this game and for all to one in three, your odds of making the playoffs become fifteen percent. One five. You have a fifteen percent chance of making the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Since fifteen out of thirty.
Speaker 1: No, oh, fifteen out of one hundred. That's not good, Yeah, because your math wasn't But I know you did, one person, Yeah, only fifteen percent. Since nineteen ninety, only twenty five teams who started one in three have actually made the play Else, none of those teams have made the conference championship. They respected championship, so massive, massive difference, nearly a thirty percentage point difference between starting two and two and starting one and three. So again, coaches are saying all the right things. Players are going to say all the right things. They need to get on the field and do the right thing, like Spike Lee. That's what you do that because otherwise otherwise you might as well start at least getting the boxes out. Not going to say it ends the season, but start dragon boxing. So this this is the definition of a must win game. You gotta have it. And I saw someone on Twitter made it. They made the next excellent point. I don't know if I subscribe to it, but they made an excellent point. We talked so frequently about the Cowboys over the years, and you know when they play a Saints team, was at a trap game? And was the Bears a trap game? Is this the Packers trap game?
Speaker 4: Certainly, hope, So.
Speaker 1: Something to consider or was that and answer the question?
Speaker 3: Or game last week?
Speaker 1: No, because of the Browns defense. They knew going in that the Browns defense was going to be a problem coming in to play the Cowboys, especially on the heels of the Cowboys offense losing Ceedeelamb Tyler Booker and struggling to score points against the Chicago Bears defense. The Packers are looking at the Cowboys defense and offense, and they might see to them, they might see lunch. Might this make that a trap game for the Packers. I'm just curious what the fans think, because somebody tweeted it to me yesterday and I said back, I said, in my very Josh Rodriguez voice, I was like, might this be a trap game for the Maybe? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Do you think it is? Josh?
Speaker 1: I see what you did there.
Speaker 3: What's up? Do you think it is?
Speaker 6: I don't think it deserves to be one. I think you have enough juice on both sides to argue a winner or loss, at least for me and selfishly, you know, viewing this from a Dallas Cowboys lens, you have to have this new game. I have it and this has been circled on myccun since before the Micah trade. They have not won against the Green Bay Packers at home. That is a embarrassing stat The fact that the last time they were here absolutely crushed your dreams. We were all there, we all witnessed it. It was one of the worst losses personally as a fan I've ever seen, and to the organization, one of the most devastating losses because of the the everything that fell after.
Speaker 4: Still you're still feeling that.
Speaker 1: Game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the aftershock of that game still lingers with you. You need to get right, no matter who's on the other side of the ball. I don't know if you're wearing a star in your helmet, I don't know how you don't play your best game against the.
Speaker 1: All out there man. And this, this lab Coat edition will be inclusive in today's Science Lab column that drops this morning on Dallas Cowboys dot com. So make sure you check out that science Maybe it will science Science. Well, web Master says, maybe it will. I mean, he's a great chair dancer, so maybe if I just throw it. Okay, you tried.
Speaker 3: It was a good shot. Good try at it. Were there such things as trap games in your mind, Isaiah, No, No.
Speaker 7: There's games as a player that you are heavily favored and you can not take them as seriously, take them lightly.
Speaker 3: But trap games, especially in the NFL, it's kind of tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know, maybe.
Speaker 7: In college there's teams that you know you're much better than, and you got to wake up and make sure you show up prepared otherwise they'll sneak up on you and you try to find your way in the middle of the game, try to trying to snap into it. You might not have enough time, right, So you gotta approach every game like it's like it's brand new.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what we expect the Cowboys to do in a highly charged emotional environment on Sunday Night football as the Packers come to town this weekend. All right, tomorrow, we will have some Say it with your chest Friday. We're gonna have some fun tomorrow. Got a couple of things on the horizon. Got a little accountability there too. Then we're gonna have in this matchup for you guys, and a little bit of that too as we get our pick'ems in tomorrow. Say it with Jess Friday if you don't want to miss it. For Patrick no Cy Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back, Chris Beam in the back. I'm KYLEI Yomen saying so long from Talking Cowboys, We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.