Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just you ma.
Speaker 1: Yillmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: It's time. It's time for episode three of Bunheads.
Speaker 3: This one is not bad. So it's the season one, episode three and here it at the wind air Day, June twenty fifth, twenty twelve. Should I give him a little synopsis?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I didn't love this episode as much as I love the first two. I'm just gonna say it. And what's interesting is it was directed by Kenny Ortega, which kind of blew my mind. But yeah, tell everybody what's in the episode. I just did not love it as much as I love the first two.
Speaker 3: Well, the first two were dramatic cliffhangers.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: This one wasn't so cliffhanger, but.
Speaker 2: It was still pretty good. Yeah, Fanny tiny cliffhanger, which we'll get to tiny tiny.
Speaker 3: Fanny gets unexpected news from her attorney, while Hubble's car troubles leave Michelle stranded at a reclusive neighbor's house. Meanwhile, young dancers compete in an Ugliest Feet contest.
Speaker 2: Even in the synopsis, you're like, not a lot happening, not a lot happening. Steven Eckolet played the neighbor, and he's really really cute. We'll go out of order, but he's very cute in it. And here's what I was like perplexed by. He's very cute, he's very charming. They're sort of having a thing and then it's just like, oh, yeah, I have a girl coming over.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was very very weird, and I don't think he ever comes back. I think that's it for him and Bunheads. It's like so weird.
Speaker 3: Also, we noticed in Gilmore Girls that there was a lot of ties to the Wizard of Oz, and I felt very Wizard of Oz e.
Speaker 2: Because there was the.
Speaker 3: Road, Yeah, the forbidden road with the man that lives by himself that nobody talks about and no one sees because he is.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like it was.
Speaker 2: Just casted this show. This episode was a little for me because I first all, I was exhausted by the the like stupidity of like you're on a private road, I can't move the car. It's like is that even real?
Speaker 3: That felt very Gilmore though, like with the the toa guy that wouldn't.
Speaker 2: The police, and she's very exhausting. It's like, can we just push the car and stop this nonsense? And like we knew she was gonna hike up the hill. But then I was like, she's like, get your breath, girl, before you ring the doorbell, Like she's so out of breath. And I just was like, and he's like decantering the wine for so long. I'm like, dude, what And he was all cute. He was a little christopherish. Did you think Steven Ecklet reminds me of Christopher?
Speaker 3: He could have played comparison. I didn't, but that's interesting. I'm trying to let that resonate for a second.
Speaker 2: He could have been Christopher. My next thing was, I will say I did get a goo a little giggle that she said, Okay, I think they're talking to the you know, lawyer, money guy whoever, Jerry, you know whatever, his like actual title.
Speaker 3: I still think that's who Michelle should be with, because they're kind of I kind of like that maybe.
Speaker 2: But first of all, it totally tracks for me that Hubble would immediately call and put everything in her name. Like I didn't find that as shocking as everybody else. I was like, Yeah, that feels about right for Hubble.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I found that weird we talked about in the last episode, but just weird, kind of like how you felt about the car in the in the Forbidden Road.
Speaker 2: But here's what I loved about it, the shout out to Whiskey Peetez. Did you hear her say that? I think she said she like threw up at Whiskey Pezez or something. First of all, if anybody has ever driven to Vegas, Whiskey Peetz is like iconic because basically, so if you're driving from California to Nevada, you pass Whiskey Peets. Yeah, it's like and there's two weird stops prim and then there's one other which I can't remember, so no, because that's still California. So you get to Nevada and there's like two tiny, tiny, tiny little mini towns that have gambling in a one random hotel, and like they're very old now, like there used to be outlets at one of them and those are shut down now. Basically I think there might be like one store open in there, and one of them had the roller coaster. Does anyone Whiskey Petees is the one with the roller coaster.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's like, actually, there's Whiskey piece on the other side.
Speaker 3: It might be so Weirdly enough, this past summer, I did stop in Prim on the way home front.
Speaker 2: You go into the weird outlets where there's only one story.
Speaker 3: Did I did? I went into the weird outlets because I was trying to kill time with the baby.
Speaker 2: Was there a store open that we went into?
Speaker 3: Old Navy?
Speaker 2: It's the only is it truly the only store still there there?
Speaker 3: And they're still very and they're packed, which is who Yeah, they're packed.
Speaker 2: No one told me the outlets are basically like shut down that you go in there and there's like I was just there filled with stores June.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Whiskey Pets is in Prim. Yeah, yep, sure is. And weirdly now I'm just seeing if I can make a resume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bufalo Bill's has the roller coaster, which I think you've been on that roller coaster? Am I making it up?
Speaker 2: Buffalo Bills and Whiskey PiZZ are somehow connected, though, because when I google Whiskey Peetes, it takes me to Buffalo Hills forty four dollars a night. Forty four dollars a night.
Speaker 3: I have Gamma.
Speaker 2: Is that roller coaster open? I can't never see that roller coaster going.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I feel like Easton has been on there, but maybe.
Speaker 2: Everybody's been on there at some point. I mean, not making like most people with bravery. But yeah. She totally gets a shout out to Whiskey Piece, which I you know, it says the prim Malls closed, Danielle, and I swear to that I was just there. Oh it opens at ten am, so open at ten am. Wow, let's see what I mean now, I need to know what stores are still in there.
Speaker 3: There's definitely an Old Navy, And the reason being is we stopped there because we had to kill some time before the baby's next nap, and we were just walking around walking around, and we're like, oh, let's go into Old Navy and get him some clothes. So we shopped at that Old Navy. I do know that that.
Speaker 2: There's some sort of art thing going on there. Literally on the website, it doesn't even give the stores. That's how much I think there's not very many stores. But I'm glad you've got in there and got some stuff at Old Babe.
Speaker 3: It's the only place I went to so the other.
Speaker 2: Respect old Baby right now because they have blankets for sale for ten dollars and they're actually cute. So anyway, we got off track here. But that's how this episode is not great because then there's just a bunch of like feet photos going on. Yeah, all the girls are taking photos of their bunions to get the ugliest feet.
Speaker 3: I'm a very only fans of them, but yeah, a feet. It was very wiki feet.
Speaker 2: Or on wiky feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: The fashion is not.
Speaker 3: Great, no no. And Michelle's fashion, specifically.
Speaker 2: Jeans and the cowboy boots, it was like very strange outfit. Maybe it's a dance type outfit, but I just was like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, oh, Michelle's outfits do not cut it at all.
Speaker 2: Oh. I was more perplexed by all those cuckoo clocks and the clown thing. A lot of clowns.
Speaker 3: Happening, multiple clowns, multiple cuckoo clocks.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Like multiple cookie jars.
Speaker 3: It's it is go more on on crack. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's too much of Fanny worrying that Michelle's gonna like kick her out to the curb.
Speaker 3: It's like I would worry about that. I found that like the only part of the show.
Speaker 2: It's just like, oh my goodness, this isn't gonna something's gonna work out, Like it's just all it's just we're kind of like, it's just a lot of repeating it. Yes, I'll jump to the end where we do get the little teaser that Michelle has discovered the sort of I think it's like a guesthouse and you get the vibe like, oh, she's going to turn this into her house.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And she had oh yeah, the realtor. Okay, so that woman, Kirsten Warren, she was sort of recognizable, like she was in a bunch of you know, she's done a bunch of things. She's that girl for sure. You're like, oh, there's that girl, and she, you know, brings over taco in a bag or whatever.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had that? Does that exist? Taco in a bag?
Speaker 2: It sounded amazing, I think so. I mean I remember being at Litleague games and having Fredo's with chili. I eat have nacho cheese or chili in there, So taco in a bag makes sense.
Speaker 3: I don't hate it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I like my food quite so jumbled up. I love tacos, like, I'll do taco and a bowl, So if you can do taco in a bowl, you could obviously do taco in a bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure. But yeah, the the realtor was was funny because she came in and you were like, what does this chick want? And then she just immediately immediately showed her cards.
Speaker 2: Immediately like oh boy, She's like this is too much. And then they walk the property, which that was sort of you know, I didn't mind that because it was good to see the property. She was just playing it up too much. All the problems, Yeah, whatever, And then we have a callback to that when we go meet the guy at the end of the street because of the like tree beetles or something mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Thought.
Speaker 2: And then you know, I just, yeah, I was, I was not. I just it kind of was fine. This episode's fine. The dance there's dancing happening all the private road rigormarole.
Speaker 3: We should have talked about the ballet practice because I felt so bad for Boot that whole time. Why Sasha such well.
Speaker 2: And I also was a little confused about Sasha because Sasha has the two gay dads. But then we see her mom. So I always in my mind thought Sasha just had the two dads. So now I'm assuming that Sasha had a mom and a dad and maybe the parents got divorced and then her dad met a man. So, but that was a little confusing. We saw brad Ellis from Glee on the piano.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I think it's all the jobs, all the jobs that require a piano player, just don't even cast it. Just brad Ellis.
Speaker 3: Sasha's mom is very telling as to why Sasha is the way she is.
Speaker 4: That, I will say, so true, true, Yeah, And then like that was kind of that there wasn't really any kind of Gilmore girl like person in it.
Speaker 2: There wasn't like a Rose or didn't get Rose. Greg Henry greg is his real name, now I do, Mitch, I know you And somebody though shout out to somebody commenting on Instagram about how good Greg Henry was in Scandal. I totally agree, and it made me want to rewatch scandal. I was like, oh, I think I need to start that again.
Speaker 3: I will say, not a lot of people knew that Mitchen was the bartender until you said it. I wasn't the only one.
Speaker 2: So many people, so many people didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had no idea until you told you you said it, no idea.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I and somebody really egleized McGee. I really saw that. Yeah. And also, who is the woman coming over to have drinks with the millionaire? I don't know. Yeah, it was just weird. I felt like there was a shout out to menopause in this episode ahead of its time. It knew menopause was going to be the hot new thing. Oh yeah, Michelle ce Sasha dancing and kind of understands like, oh, her home life.
Speaker 3: Is not yeah, and she escaped her house like to just dance. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then she found the guest house and bump bump bum. Obviously that's where she's gonna move. But we'll get that in the next episode.
Speaker 1: So you know.
Speaker 3: My annoying callback was at the end when she was pouring a glass of wine into the decanter and taking ten hours. I'm like, that wasn't funny the first time with the guy in the big house. Please don't bring it back.
Speaker 2: That was my only drink wine. But have you ever decantered wine?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: What is the It doesn't take that long.
Speaker 2: It's to let him breathe or what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you let it, when you let the wine breathe, it essentially like accentuates the flavors of the wine. That's it. It doesn't like change it drastically, but it just lets it air out. And I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like you're pouring the one bottle to the other bottle. Then you got to pour from that bottle to the glass.
Speaker 3: Oh, lots of dishwashing, I.
Speaker 2: Would say, more than drink wine. This episode made me want to have taco in a bag, talco in a bag.
Speaker 3: I we should try, we should take bag on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Emma, Emma, producer, Emma, time to make talk go in a bag?
Speaker 3: I want to talk go in a bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you can eat it. You'll be the lucky one.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was first of all butt heads is fine, but this wasn't the best, which I understand. Look at episode three is probably never going to be the best because you want to do your best episode one. Then you really want episode two because now I'm hooked, so I'm coming back for episode four. Yeah, and you ever have to have more of a dud. It would be episode three.
Speaker 3: And look, I mean sometimes you need an episode that's filler to set up the rest of the season. So that felt very much like they were setting up some things like, obviously, this guy in this big house, the Wizard of Oz, is going to be something.
Speaker 2: I don't think he ever comes back. That's what's weird. You're lying. No, I'm pretty sure that's it, but I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Well, the seven Acres of Land, you know, something come out of that.
Speaker 2: You know, there's found We're getting We're starting to know the girls a little bit more. All right, So what do I give it. I'm going to give it a seven duels in the kitchen that swiveled I did like those?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I'm gonna give it seven. I'm gonna actually you took seven out of my head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I will say seven taco in.
Speaker 2: A bag O good one. Totally fine, totally fine. So that's Bunheads. What is our out? Bun Heads out, bun Heads out.
Speaker 3: See you next week.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, and don't for guests.
Speaker 4: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.