Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack arms Strong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and now he.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Nick Lee, a fan just ran on the floor wants to take a selfie. Security quickly takes him away.
Speaker 2: Rod gives him the appropriate girl. You saw the security guard in pursuit.
Speaker 3: Michel Robinson like, what's this dude doing, Scott Farster, You're gonna come over and.
Speaker 2: Explain it to us.
Speaker 4: So I thought, wow, somebody could actually get clear to the middle of the court to a player before a security guard stops him.
Speaker 2: How do you have access like that? What are you gonna do? Build a fence walls?
Speaker 4: But you'd have to be either had to have a really really expensive ticket or the immediate person or something.
Speaker 2: I guess yea, although I have a.
Speaker 4: Friend she she went to like a final four NCAA game because the school she went to, Yukon, made it to the final four that year and she wanted to go, so she made she got a lanyard and made with the pool of plastic thing a thing that said press with her picture on it, and she just walked in and sat.
Speaker 2: Like right there under the basket with a camera. Wow. Really, that wasn't even that many years ago. Yeah. Man, I've been grilled at smaller vents than that. That's crazy, I know.
Speaker 4: So I would talk about the lanyard and the laminated picture. If you have a laminad picture of yourself, you can go pretty much anywhere.
Speaker 2: Nobody could do that on their own right. I'm going to begin the following discussion with the quote one of my favorites from James Lindsay Mars Take two. If you screw up the first word, I mean, by god, that is just a bad sign. You started to a long story.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, kids, before we leave the dinner table, I've got a story very important. Yeah, this is one of the most important things that ever happened in my life.
Speaker 2: Blige got ah crap, damn it all. Right, here we go, Stay two. Marxists just lie. They lie so overtly and blatantly that people begin to question their own perceptions. It works because no one expects another person to lie so overtly. They don't believe in shared truth. They use words as weapons. Until you learn to keep this in mind during every interaction, you will continue to get played. They rely on you implicitly, assuming that they have good intentions and are aiming at shared truth, and so dialogue can be productive. That's a deception for Marxists. Dialogue is not a way of obtaining truth. It is a forum for manipulation. Having said that, we have all those of us concerned with the whole transgender craze amongst adolescents and the terrible medical experiments that were done to these poor confused kids, many of them autistic or abused or whatever. We've all been acutely aware of the famous, famous study that was authored by researchers from the Trevor Project that said, if your kid is not affirmed in their gender change, they will kill themselves. And that horrible threat was repeated so many times to so many poor confused parents who thought, well, would you rather have a dead son or a live daughter? They were asked over and over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's tough, especially in the early going of this story when not as much was known. If you were told, look, there's been a study done, experts have proven, they would say that your child is a high.
Speaker 2: Risk to commit suicide unless you go through with this. That's a tough position to put a parent in well researchers. Researchers have gotten hold of the study and the raw data attached to it, and have finally been able to take this quote unquote study apart, and what it was studying was rates of self reported suicide attempts. We're talking to thirteen to seventeen year olds from before and after so called anti transgender laws were passed in respondent states, and pre legislation it zero point five to four per whatever, one hundred thousand. Researchers set specific time periods following the implementation of laws in treatment states to track the estimated increase in reported suicide attempts that could be linked to said laws. I'm going to skip some of the technical stuff, but they noted the Trevor Project researchers and there ought to be quotes around that. Their activists noted in a approximately seventy two percent rise in attempted suicide attempts average suicide attempts from point five to four to point ninety three. This, in turn, appears to have driven the group's public messaging regarding a large statistical increase in suicides among transgender and non very binary use. If there was an unless there was an affirmation only approach. Blah blah blah quote. Enacting state level anti transgender laws increased incidents of past year suicide attempts among TGNB young people by seven to seventy two percent. Our findings highlight the need to consider the mental health impact of recent anti transgender laws and to advance protective policies meaning affirming only. And they use this like a cudgel now for years. If you get into the actual data, virtually the entire increase in suicides was in Idaho, using an extremely small sample size that statistically, if you go from two to three, that's a fifty percent rise. It's a shocking rise. And what's even crazier about leaning on Idaho and those numbers was that there were only two laws in Idaho even remotely related to transgender status, including HB five hundred, banned males from participating in female sports and HB five h nine, a law concerning how sex is recorded on birth certificates. Neither of these laws banned or even addressed procedures or treatments for gender dysphoric youth. So you've got a tiny sample size of one state correlation not causation, and it was such a small number. It might have just been the phenomenon which has just established psychological science at this point. Teen suicides tend to run in clusters and so there's absolutely correlization correlation, but no causation here, and then they compare to apples to oranges or it was just it's absolutely scientifically, completely invalid. It's to get back to the James Lindsay quote, it's lies dressed up as science. It's unsupportable scientifically. But that launched a god, maybe not a thousand, but damn close to it, a thousand sets of terrified parents who didn't dare say, wait a minute, my kids alienated and confused and autistic in all. But oh, you don't think it's to the bottom of the I think it's a thousand, ah, but it's well more than that. It could be fifty thousand. I don't know. I really don't know. But the Trevor Project's claim has been cited hundreds of times in defense of looser restrictions on so called gender affirming treatments for youth patients, in legislatures, in the press all over the place.
Speaker 4: If you can come up with us stat to back your argument. Nobody checks where that came from or the validity of it, and you can get a lot done. And certainly in the years that we've been doing this radio show, we've seen that over and over again, whether it's the nine year old kid and the straws with the turtle right where states banned straw it's because of that. I mean, all you need is a stat It doesn't you might as well just make it up on a thin air. I mean, it's barely more ridiculous than a nine year old term paper or a you know, an instance of a couple of people in Idaho, right, Why you even go through the trouble of having it be that real?
Speaker 2: And if, as James Lindsay and Helen Pluckrose and Peter Bagoshian so hilariously illustrated with their fake studies for your grievance studies papers, if you dress it up to look like a legitimate scientific study or paper or something like that, then nobody questions it. And what's really shocking about this fake study is that it made it to the Supreme Court. The plaintiffs last year in that United States Versus Skurmetti, which ultimately upheld Tennessee's law banning puberty blockers and hormone therapy for minors. The plaintiffs cited the Trevor Project's peer reviewed study and it's seventy two percent statistic right there at the Supreme Court. A scientific joke of a study that's frustrating. It is it lets you know, which is why I started with the quote I did, let's know what you're up against. These people are cultists in their utter lack of desire to examine their own precepts and claims. Anyway, nuff said.
Speaker 4: Got some kind of breaking news. The likely new Attorney General, Todd blanche As named by President Trump, has announced a massive crackdown on fraud, all kinds of indictments, defendants many many millions of dollars. This is something that's long overdue at every level of government across the country.
Speaker 2: We can touch on that story and a whole bunch of other stuff. Stay here.
Speaker 5: This bizarre incident unfolding just after nine pm on Saturday, but a suspect showing up in a TSA checkpoint at the Sacramento Airport Authority say Kamani Jones, was wearing a scarf covering his face and latex gloves. When they checked jones To carry on bag, they say they allegedly discovered this explosive device, a lighter, as well as a knife, scissors, more blades, and zip ties. According to the TSA, if the explosive device had detonated next to a window, it could have caused significant damage and a loss of cabin pressure. If convicted, Jones faces a maximum five years in prison. If BI says Jones has a history.
Speaker 2: Of paranoia, oh okay, it's a complete nut job.
Speaker 4: I mean you show up with a scarf around your face and rubber gloves on to go through TSA.
Speaker 2: So you're not exactly with it with all your tools of hijack or damage. Yeah, if your mayhem won a one kit in your bag labeled still in the package.
Speaker 4: But as Noah Rothman told us yesterday, author of Blood and Progress, when I recorded a podcast about left wing violence, I don't know what this guy's violence was. I think it was probably just crazy person violence. But uh, crazy people have changed history. So yeah, doesn't matter where you're crazy or not. If you take out a president or whatever whatever, that changes history. All these big wigs in the Justice Department, in the Trump administration having a press conference right now, big crackdown on fraud. We're going to talk about that next segment a little bit. Some of the things they said. And I got a great piece from the California Post about nonprofits. It's time to completely unmask the whole nonprofit charade and non governmental organizations and geos.
Speaker 2: Different topic, though, I am making an effort to open my mind about modern art. I've been on this. I've been on this for a week or so.
Speaker 4: Now I don't I don't remember what got me started on it exactly, so I have Are you familiar with the frame? There might be other companies that make it, but Samsung makes one it.
Speaker 2: Called the Frame. I thought it best by the first time, and I thought, what a great idea.
Speaker 4: It's a tiny, very very thin television. But you can mount it on your wall. It looks like a picture. And then there's a subscription thing you sign up for and you pick out different art and it looks like you got framed art on your wall, and then you can change it up. Is what I like so much. As opposed to being invested in one thing on that wall, I can keep changing it into different stuff. That's what I like and I've always gone with like real art in my opinion. But I was me and Hitler. The only thing we have in common is we both hate modern art. I think it's a charade. But I've been trying to I've been watching I know what it was. I just got randomly fed a video on YouTube because it figured out my algorithm or whatever. Steve Martin and the comedian, is one of the great correct collectors of art in the world. He's got they got like one hundred million dollars with of art.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a tremendous collection. They display it at various art museums around the world where they'll have the Steve Martin collection being on display at any given time.
Speaker 2: He's super into it.
Speaker 4: But anyway, he had a it was a YouTube video of him explaining modern art with somebody, an art teacher and discussing what this and that and everything.
Speaker 2: You know. I had to try to learn more about this, so I'm attempting to.
Speaker 4: But what I can't tell is how you tell the difference between something that's just crap and something it is meaningful.
Speaker 2: I'm not there yet, not even close. Yeah. I do like a lot of abstract art, and maybe modern art. The problem is I find the permission structure a bit too wright too broad for modern art. Bananas tape to walls, et cetera. Exactly.
Speaker 4: The famous do camp is that the guy with the toilet way back one hundred years ago kind of kicked off this whole craze with that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, abstract art, modern art. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you tell the difference. I don't I don't know how you get your brain to work in such a way that you are just amazed by what you see versus the common expression that everybody says. I think there are books with this title. My kid could do that, because it often looks like you're what's the difference. In fact, there was one study where they took a bunch of people's like kindergarten kid's art, and then actual artists art and gave it to art professionals and how often they could tell the difference.
Speaker 2: And they usually could tell the difference, but not always, And I feel like it should be closer to always. All right, everybody has to come up with a modern art idea. Here's mine, real quick. It's a vacuum cleaner with a pile of dirt on top of the vacuum cleaner. And it's entitled now what. That's a good way. It makes you think about time and space and vacuum cleaners. I haven't finished the description.
Speaker 4: Henry had a big cardboard box with nothing in it that he there was going to be his art. He tried to sell it on e Bay. He didn't get any takers but Philistines And it was just the idea of, you know, wondering, what's in the box could be anything, and all the different things it could be in the box.
Speaker 2: And that's I like it. Yeah, I tell you got one for us.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do a young child staring straight at a television and the title is a boy's obsession. It's just a kid just staring away. Wow.
Speaker 4: Makes you stop and saying I only have one title and then you can apply it to whatever you want it to be. I've always had the same title. Yeah, Man's in Humanity Demand. I always liked that title.
Speaker 2: Just freezing a bunch of a bunch of unassembled bicycle parts of a pile. Man's in Humanity Demand? Perfect? Yeah, banana taped to a Mango tape to the wall. Man's in humanity to man. Of course. The one piece of modern art that I'll never forget. I was at the San Francisco MoMA, the Museum of Modern Art, the giant porcelain Michael Jackson with a chimp, right, sure, Yeah, it was enormous. It was right in the middle of the room. Yeah, that's on display in a Los Angeles whichever museum. May You don't want to give me credit for anything. I just did ye freak.
Speaker 4: But like I was listening to somebody explain how Jackson Pollock, the famous splatter painter, You know, those were very deliberate. That wasn't just haphazard.
Speaker 2: It was all kinds of and I've watched videos of him doing it, and it sure looks haphazard. Do it look like he's putting a lot of thought into it as he runs around splatter and paint. That's how good he was. He made it look effortless. Apparently if you had any culture, you'd appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Trying to do something about fraud, good luck, But at least they're trying stay.
Speaker 1: Tuned, armstrong and getdy.
Speaker 2: I am not a fraudster. I got yelled at by a bill collector the other day who was wrong. He was just wrong. When did they call you back and apologize and say sorry for using that tone of voice where I acted like you were some sort of scumbag when it turns out where wrong. I realized.
Speaker 4: They deal with scumbags all the time, so they probably get a certain attitude. But sometimes you're wrong. Sometimes you call people and that bill is.
Speaker 2: Paid, and then I, you know, got him back and say here's the information, here's the day it was paid, here's the receipt. Right.
Speaker 4: There's no sorry for yelling at you like that anyway. The medical stuff, that's the tough one is all the medical bills floating around and you don't and sometimes, at least as I've been told, if you don't pay it right away, because they try to get you to pay it before the insurance pays it. And sometimes if you don't pay it right away, then the insurance pays it. That whole game is complicated. Then you pay the big chunk, but then there's another eighty dollars with some other entity somewhere that exists.
Speaker 2: Right, and you're thinking, I pay this already, or you never.
Speaker 4: Heard of the company before, So you get a text saying you are eighty two dollars for the Okay, is this a is this real? Or is this one of the eight million fraudulent using cogny you know, bill collector fraud schemes or whatever. It's anyway in the modern world, it's stuff to tell. Big press conference they just had right now with the new acting Attorney General who might end up being the Attorney general. Trump announced him Todd Blanche as his pick to be Attorney general. On uh, They're gonna crack down on fraud and make this really big thing. So they went out there and he was there, and Cash Pateel was there, and he announced the ten most wanted fraudsters in America, which I'm gonna hit you with a couple of those here in.
Speaker 2: Just a second or whatever. But doctor Oz was there and had one particular example of fraud.
Speaker 6: I was visiting a facility called the LaBelle Home Health is run by women, the Jumi Tatsing. You may not see her here today because he's in jail. And she went to jail because she was accused and convicted of taking building practices to a level we had not seen before. She was building for people who had deceased. Building for dead people is a bad looking court, and it showed at her conviction when she was accused and appropriately taken out for doing things that we find reprehensible. Now she was the only one we wouldn't be here in force. Unfortunately, this area around Columbus is responsible in Franklin County for one third of all of the one and a half billion dollars spent on home healthcare in Ohio.
Speaker 4: Home healthcare is a huge one. This just breaking on CBS News. Federal authorities have busted what they say is a thirty million dollar are fraud conspiracy involving billing for children's behavioral health services. What a gold mine that is for fraud or counseling. Yep, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And there are aspects of state and federal laws. I usually don't bring the stories to you because they're fairly dry and I don't want to discourage everybody to death. But some of the legal according to the letter of the law, exploitations of the public teat running to the hundreds of millions of dollars and are never at all what Congress or the state legislature intended. As I said, I came up with this about six months ago. America's what would you call it the welfare state is a giant fraud network that occasionally helps out the needy. Yeah, yeah, uh.
Speaker 4: I wish everybody could get on board with that. As I've been saying for years, I don't understand why progressives don't want to crack down on fraud just as much as physical conservatives, so that that money can actually be used for the things that you care about more than I care about. You're the ones that care about the downtrodden. I would think you would want the money to be spent on the downtrodden and not stolen. But for whatever reason, the left is fine or has never been as animated about trying to root this stuff out.
Speaker 2: Doesn't make sense. I want to keep my money.
Speaker 4: I don't care about the downtrodden that much. I want my money to stay with me, ironed and I went to work.
Speaker 2: You're the one who cares about all these different people, so I would think you would want the money to get to them. I just think they believe that at pointing out fraud or admitting fraud is to indict the program in general, and so they just pretend it's humming with your wrang. It makes no sense. It's immoral, it's disgusting.
Speaker 4: So on this one, there's different kinds of fraud. It's all bad, but man, some of them are extra bad, like this one, the one with the children's behavioral health services for defendants busted in an investigation fourteen vehicles, including a Maserati and Mercedes, a Bentley and McLaren. So these scumbags are not only stealing money from you, but they're living just a ridiculous What are you doing driving a Bentley and a McLaren when you're stealing from parents who sent your kids there attending summer camps, church groups, wrec programs and everything like that for all kinds of different psychotherapy around autism or OCD or anxiety or depression or all these problems that a lot of us have with our kids.
Speaker 2: And you're freaking stealing from these poor.
Speaker 4: Parents and these poor kids and driving around in a Masarati.
Speaker 2: You should be executed. Thanks you taking the money.
Speaker 4: I want capital punishment for those people. You are the scummiest of scumbags.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And where there is third party payment, there is theft and fraud. And the government's a third party. Everybody knows that it's discouraging. I love that. This is one of my favorite things that Trump administration has done. Yeah, go crazy, take take this all the way to the wall. See how much you can get done.
Speaker 4: So Cash Pattel was up there, and first of all, just one of my little legie hods have been doing for years. Hey, government people, this whoever invented this idea of you have a press conference and you spend the first fifteen minutes congratulating each other? Stop you want to do that behind closed doors, or you want to do that at the end, go ahead, But those of us who pay your salaries and are paying your organization want to know what's going on. Tell us that do the congratulations in the backslap and later hate that cash Ptel and they all they went on for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: I also like to thank the assistant director is doing a really good job. Okay whatever.
Speaker 4: It finally got around to the information, so the FBI announced the top ten fraudsters out there. They always have a list going. It's kind of like the ten most wanted, but this is particularly around fraud. I just clicked good, I just clicked on a at random just to see what they were. Here's this woman young attractive woman, Elaine Esco who's disappeared. She's wanted for obtaining over thirty two million dollars in federal COVID.
Speaker 2: Nineteen relief funds. Wow.
Speaker 4: She and a couple other people submitted more than ninety fraudulent applications for funds from the paycheck Protection program.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 4: I got a friend with an actual business who actually needed protection and had to jump through all kinds of hoops and made it almost impossible for him to get the money. Anyway, this woman and her four friends stole thirty two million dollars that they didn't deserve or need at all. These people have disappeared. These fraudsters that are on the list. This guy, Christopher Burns, he defrauded victims out of ten million dollars and he disappeared in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Last he was seen.
Speaker 4: He left his home in twenty twenty, the day before he was supposed to turn over documents to the SEC.
Speaker 2: And has never been seen again. At six and a half years ago, so you'll never see him again. Yeah, he's living a wonderful life in some other part of the world, I'm guessing. Anyway, his scheme was he allegedly falsely told victims he was investing their money in a peer to peer lending program and the loans are backed by collateral. Apparently he did not have the collateral and all he was doing was stealing their money. But how do you do that to the tune of ten million dollars? That's really quite amazing. So okay, this is so they're taking on private fraud as well as fraudulently bilking taxpayer programs. Yeah, all kinds of God, all kinds of But I wanted to love it. I wanted to get to this. Uh, I'll find it here. The nonprofit state.
Speaker 4: This was from the California Post they put out last night about how California leads the America, like we do in so many different things. Sometimes we lead America by being the worst in America, for instance, that business climate.
Speaker 2: The nonprofit state.
Speaker 4: The fraudsters have perfected nonprofits in the state of California, and a whole bunch of them are getting cracked down on. Finally, there are in San Francisco, particularly the mayor of San Francisco, the guy that helped clean up the streets and get so many the homeless people off the streets. And all that sort of stuff, and and change the direction when people got finally up.
Speaker 2: Fed up is trying to.
Speaker 4: Crack down on all these different nonprofits that they've got going on that are are our crap, mayor Lurie trying to trim the city budget. Hundreds of nonprofit organizations across San Francisco breaking one point six three billion dollars annually. That's just city, just in San Francisco, one point sixty three billion dollars for things like, as it says here in the California Post, hosting street fairs next to open drug markets in the Tenderloin, giving free money to undocumented immigrants.
Speaker 2: Repairing historic harms is one of them.
Speaker 4: Is one you want to profit, I'd be great at that one point seven billion dollars for all these different nonprofits. And then it goes through some of the expenses of these nonprofits. A lot of the nonprofit money goes to staff. That's where a ton of this goes. And some nonprofits almost all the money goes to staff. Using my finger, the dream Keeper initiative, for example, that is supposed to have that sounds good. How could you be against something called the dream Keeper Initiative? And everybody that works for the nonprofit, they're not in it for profit. They're in a here to help black residents of San Francisco. They spent six million dollars on other things like a trip to Martha's Vineyard for everybody, spa days for exect, a bulkholder of employees' children books.
Speaker 2: So one of them wrote a book then ordered gazillion copies of it at the money of the nonprofit.
Speaker 4: Anyway, there's all kinds of examples of that. I'm hoping the whole nonprofit world is finally being exposed for what it is. And you have to be an actual nonprofit with a lot of scrutiny on you to survive this wave of nonprofit. You don't get to just say that anymore, and I automatically assume.
Speaker 2: You're doing good stuff. Please. The salaries are the profit, The benefits are the profit. You get a car, the travel is the profit. Right, Wake up America, Michael, which is the fabulous Incogniti messages? Are we? Oh? That's the best one? Script too. Your information is valuable, far more accessible than you realize though. Every time you shop online your data is collected, package and sold the data brokers. But that's why we both using Cogniti now works quietly in the background to wipe your personal data from people, search sites, data brokers, and hidden databases none of us knew existent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they keep sending follow up requests after the initial request, with the law on their side, to get your data off of there, and so it stays removed, protecting you from all the spam, scams and real digital threats. They can't scam you if they can't find you.
Speaker 2: Take your personal data back within cogni i n cog n i is how it's spelled. Like Incognito get sixty percent off the regular price when you use the code of armstrong and in cognity dot com slash armstrong, that's sixty percent off. When you use the code armstrong at incognit dot com slash armstrong. That's in cognit dot com slash armstrong. Check it out. You can cancel when you like, but you want in cognity dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 4: Man, if my inn conscience didn't get in the way of this sort of thing, I wish I would have several years ago tried the whole nonprofit thing or one of those frauds just to see to pull it off as like a hobby, you know, you come up with a name like George Costanzis Human Fund or something like that, and you have a one sheet about all the good things you're gonna do, and then you apply to something, or you go to speak at a rotary club or whatever the hell you do to get these things going. Money starts flowing your way and you drive around in a nice.
Speaker 2: Caring I'm the CEO of this nonprofit. Get I want. I'm supposed to walk placeless. I gotta have a car.
Speaker 4: It just happens to be a McLaren and I need to travel to various places to talk to other groups that do similar work as me. How am I supposed to walk there? Of course I need to fly and and I got long legs. I need to sit in first class, and I need a nice bed so I get a good night's sleep to go to the conference. So I'm staying in a nice hotel, and I'm managing a hell of a lot of money. So of course I make four hundred K a year on top of the rest of the stuff.
Speaker 2: I was lucky. I guess that. I think I'm pretty sure it was my dad who explained to me when excuse me, I guess I was a teenager growing up in Chicago, Land. How the whole nonprofit thing works. That the government takes taxpayers, it hands the money, taxpayers money hands it to the cronies. The cronies then do just enough work to barely justify their existence, but then they keep the money and in return, they turn out the vote every single time, so the machine stays in power. And so heck, from before I like kissed a girl, you know, effectively, I knew what that looked like, which which unfortunately puts me in a very very small minority of people, because I think the nonprofit is one of those scams. It's like socialism. You have to knock get back every single generation because it seems attractive on its face, and nobody goes beyond that. Nobody digs anything.
Speaker 4: People throw that term around as if it is a solid stamp of goodness.
Speaker 2: What's a nonprofit? Oh okay, yeah, yeah, all right? Oh my god.
Speaker 4: At one point seven billion dollars going out to nonprofits just in San Francisco, how much of that is legitimate making the world a better place?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: People not drawing exorbitant salaries are getting a car or all the stuff we were just talking about.
Speaker 2: Remember when Gavin Newsom admitted that they didn't even have a mechanism for weighing the effectiveness on of so called homeless programs. That wasn't an oversight, folks, that was intentionally laugh I laughed.
Speaker 4: An NBA player just got busted for gambling. I meant to talk about that because some of the ads they had for gambling during the Finals game last night.
Speaker 2: Anyway, lots to talk about. Stay here.
Speaker 3: It's now twelve consecutive wins for the next as they take came one of the NBA Finals their seventh consecutive road game. A lot of the great playoff runs in NBA history is still alive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd say twelve straight. What's interesting is how much how loud that crowd was. Usually you went on an opponent's court and it's like a library in there. There's a lot of Knicks fans in that crowd in San Antonio that made the trip, apparently, including Timothy Shallomey. I didn't want to mention a sports thing about this is just a gambling thing. So I just saw a headline some NBA player I'd never heard of it's gonna have to forfeit his entire salary from last year to million dollars or something like that because he was involved in some sort of gambling ring.
Speaker 2: Any who. It used to be.
Speaker 4: It was just such a great separation between any sort of gambling and sports broadcasts because they didn't want them to touch in any way whatsoever, because it would taint the product or possibly in people's minds think blah blah blah. And obviously, as we all know, it's gone the other direction now. It's amazed to how many times during the finals of the NBA last night, they you know, give a guy's stats and say, let's take a look at the Draftking project projections. All they had wemby ten rebounds for the game, and he's already halfway there, so that would be a good you know bet.
Speaker 2: I mean it's during the game. They're promoting gambling on it as it's happening, I believe, given the riveting excitement of televised golf. But yeah, they do the same thing in golf. You know, Jones is two back right now, he's plus four hundred and thirty two. You know whatever, Caesar's whatever the hell, fairly regular updates during the telecast. How did it change that much money? Money?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think the leagues are reckoning with uh oh, that's why we used to keep the h How could I possibly forget this? I refer to it on a weekly basis. Chesterton's fence. Whose fence was it? Chesterton? Yeah? Many expenses, but that is that fence. That's the most relevant one of this discussions. Certainly they've realized why Chesterton's fence was there. If you let gambling get anywhere close to these sports leagues, it's almost like, you know, it's just well I did. It'd take too long to spell out the metaphor, but it should be an entirely neutral zone, a demilitarized zone where there's no human beings allowed, because once you allow two to three to four sorts of human beings to you allowed in that zone, you can no longer immediately recognize, well, there's a human being in the zone. And that's the way it was for gambling in sports. And now, oh man, do they have problems one more sports? You note the highway. We know what this guy was doing point shaving, I don't know whatever.
Speaker 4: Now the highest paid athlete in the world show Heyo Tani for the Los Angeles Dodgers. He hits and pitches at Hall of Fame level. Six more scoreless innings last night. He has a point seventy four er at this point in the season. Ten starts, third lowest ra this far in a season since nineteen thirteen. Wow, as a guy who's hitting over three hundred wows.
Speaker 2: In nineteen thirteen was the raccoon guts ball era or the ball there were not many home runs? Oh boy, can't wait to talk about the new What do they call this? It's a poetry magazine from the new Harvard Divinity School project. Okay that's devoted to queerness and Palestinian liberation, among other things, at the Divinity School, Harvard's Divinity School. Yes, okay, I will read you at least one of the poems I like better. Rhyme, rhyming.
Speaker 4: If you miss a segment in an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty