Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Thursday, November two, twenty twenty three. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. It's me your man, MG, Marcus Grant with my guy Michael f Floria. Coming up, we're previewing the rest of the Week nine slate, plus we're giving you our fantasy heroes. Continuing our look at the Sunday early slate, we got the Rams at the Packers. Now the Rams trying to wait to see what the status of Matthew Stafford is going to be as he injured his thumb last week and the loss to the Dallas Cowboys. Do we keep riding with Cooper Cup and Pooka Nakula And on the other side, what do we do about Christian Watson and Aaron Jones and a Packer offense that has been just straight up bad.
Speaker 2: I know they've been They've let you down a little bit as of late, but I still think with Cooper Cup and Pooka Nakula, the upside is far too high, especially with four teams on by in every place that I have those two, I'm not even considering sitting them, so I would not wreck even if Matthew Stafford doesn't play this week. I still think the upside is too high for these two guys that I'm gonna put them in my lineup and understand that the risk might be single digits, but the upside is twenty plus. As for the Packers, Watson is a sit right now. Half of his targets this year have been uncatchable. It's more on Jordan Love than on him. But we're getting no big plays out of this Packers offense. It's been a grind just to get anything going. He has not reached twelve Fantasy points.
Speaker 1: In a game this year.
Speaker 2: Aaron Jones, I don't know what to do with him. Every week he suits up and it's like, Okay, he's playing, but he's playing less snaps than AJ Dillon. They're splitting groundwork. He's not really getting used in the passing game. I think because of the status of the running back position right now, you probably just got a roll with Aaron Jones. But I feel worse about him than I have in years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what to do with Aaron Jones. Christian Watson. I could figure out how to bench and put him in just at him and not really worry about that. I would say I'm with you. You're riding Cooper Cup, you're riding with Pooka Nakua. Since Cup came back in week five, those two guys combining for about two thirds of the targets about seventy five percent of the air yards. The floor obviously is lower now, the ceiling probably a little bit lower. But just because they're so good and they're so focused in the offense, there's the potential for them to still have a good game regardless of who the quarterback is. And you know, we'll see. We'll see if it's Stafford somehow, or if it's going to be Brett Rippon, or you know, maybe if John Wolford comes riding to the rescue. We'll see how that goes. The upside to that is that, hopefully with Stafford, this is a short term thing, so you're only having to muddle through for a week or two before you have to really make any real decisions there Buccaneers at the Texans two running backs who have been meh or worse. You got Rashad White on one side, you got Damian Pierce on the other. I think at this point we can sort of wash our hands of Ian Pierce after a bad game against the Panthers. But Rashad White's playing pretty well lately. Do we stay with the hot hand here? I think so.
Speaker 2: He's given you over fifteen fantasy points in two straight He's getting used more in the passing game, which goes a long way. And the Texans they're not what they were last year in terms of struggling against the run, but you can beat them on the ground a whole lot easier than you can through the air. They've only allowed five passing touchdowns this season after allowing the fewest last year. So, yeah, Rashad White, as you guys know, I didn't like him coming into the year, and I had him as a sid a whole bunch. His schedule was insanely hard the first six weeks or so of the season. It started to open up, and we're getting better results.
Speaker 1: We are getting better results, and I think he actually has sort of elevated himself in value because of the way the offense has changed. The Bucks could not run the football, and that was the big knock on him is that he was incredibly inefficient running the football. He wasn't getting a whole lot done there. So lately it seems like Tampa has sort of changed and Dave Canalis has gone to a short passing game instead of really just trying to run the football, which means what White has lost in carries. The carries are down over the last few weeks from where they were earlier in the season, but the targets have picked up. And you know this as well as anybody. A target is worth so much more than a carry. So if he's gonna get fewer rushing attempts but get more targets, then into being maybe a better back than we envisioned at the start of the season. So I think you stay with him as long as this is how the Bucks are going to operate. You keep getting those targets from Rashad White. You look at the last two weeks, thirteen targets, it's turned into thirteen catches for one hundred and thirty five yards. They may not be able to run it, but if they're throwing it to him, then I like Rashad White even better, and I think you stick with this. Commanders at the Patriots. Look, the big upset in the NFL last week was not the Broncos over the Chiefs. It was Sam Howe getting sacked just one time against the Philadelphia Eagles. But Matt Jones very quietly been I won't say good, but less bad over the last couple of weeks. Can we stream him against the Commander's defense that is incredibly toothless right now? And do we trust any of his pass catchers.
Speaker 2: I think you can stream Mac Jones this week, And I'm not telling you to play him over your regular You know you're Dak Prescott's or anyone like that, But Dak is the name that keeps coming to my mind. I try to think of a quarterback, but like Jared Goffson by this week, Trevor Lawrence is on by, Brock Pardy is on by. So if you need a replacement for one of those guys or in two quarterback leagues, Mac Jones is in play because of the matchup. Commanders have allowed the third most passing yards, most passing touchdowns, second most fantasy points per game, and they allow a whole bunch of deep passes as well, so a chance for big plays in chunks. As for the pass catchers, I don't have a ton of confidence in any of them, but if I was to play anyone, it would be Dmario Douglas, who last week led them in.
Speaker 1: Routes and targets. I think I feel bad because Kendrick Bourne was starting to play well tears the ACL He's out for the year, so Douglas does sort of like the next man up. Maybe there's some Devonte Parker, maybe there's a Juju Smith Schuster in there somewhere, but I would try to stream mac Jones if you can. The Commanders, as we learned on Fantasy Live a couple of days ago, they have allowed a top ten fantasy quarterback every week since Week two, so that means they are just getting crushed every single week. On top of it, they trade Montese Sweat to the Chicago Bears. They trade Chase Young to the San Francisco forty nine ers, so now they have even less of a pass rush than they did before. Their secondary is getting cooked on the regular. So mccorkel Jones might have some fantasy value for you this week. Bears at the Saints. How worried should we be about Chris o'lave in the New Orleans offense? Very unfortunately?
Speaker 2: Like I believe that Chris Olave is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. Unfortunately the Saints. Derek Carr doesn't seem to agree. If they're throwing the ball short, it's going to Alvin Kamara. If they're throwing the ball deep, it's going to Rashid Shahid, who has like seventy I think it's seventy one percent of the Saints passes on deep balls this year and all of their touchdowns. And last year we were calling Chris Olave mister air Yards because we were like, hey, all he does is rack up air yards and put up big numbers on those deep passes. But that hasn't come to fruition. It's been a bit of an up and down year for Chris Olav. He's not at the point where we can't start him for fantasy or anything like that, but it's just at the point where it's like, yeah, he's not going to live up to the lofty expectations. It's the ability that I truly believe he could play at.
Speaker 1: It's just one of those things where everything seems to be trending toward him having a big game and it just doesn't happen. The very smart, very talented, very funny Ian Harditz, who you can find over at fantasy life. He keeps track of what he calls unrealized air yards, where it's you know, they're air yards that just don't connect for whatever reason. And Chris o'lave is far and away leading the world in unrealized air yall.
Speaker 2: You led them in that last year too.
Speaker 1: They're just they're trying to get him the ball downfield, but for whatever reason, he and Derek Carr just can't connect in that regard. And you mentioned somehow it's working out with Rashid Shahed. They're getting the short passes to Alvin Kamara, they're working the intermediate part of the field with Mike Thomas and Taysom Hill. But just for whatever reason, car and Olave just can't get it going. And I keep trying. I keep believing that one of these weeks it's just going to click. Hopefully it does. I mean, look, there's still a lot of ballgame left in terms of the regular season. It's only week nine, right There are still including this week, there's still ten more weeks left of the of the NFL regular season. You gotta believe at some point it's gonna come together. It hasn't yet. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm not willing to give up though a Chrys o'lave in twenty twenty three, I just can't. Ah. We still got a whole bunch of games left to go. We got the later part of the slate, plus Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, and our Fantasy Heroes. As we come back on the NFL Fantasy Football Show, looking at the late slates of games from Week nine, We'll start with the Colts at the Panthers. Do we start Zak Moss? Do we start any of the Panthers running backs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you start Zach Moss one hundred percent. I don't think people fully realize that in the four games that Jonathan Taylor has played, Zach Moss has outscored him in three of them. They continue to split opportunities, like, yeah, last week Taylor played more snaps, but they it was fourteen opportunities to Moss's thirteen. Moss is the one that gets used near the goal line a bit. They're both used in the passing game, and in this grade of a matchup, you start them both. And I think on the other side, Chuba Hubbard is in play as a sneakier option. Sixty six percent of the snaps this past week, fifteen carries, two targets, got all the work near the goal. Miles Sanders had two touches. So the Colts they struggle against running backs. If I'm going anywhere in Carolina, it is.
Speaker 1: Chuba Hubbard for sure, starting Zach Moss. You mentioned the run that Zach Moss has been on lately. He is the running back four over the last month, so he is still getting it done. Even with Jonathan Taylor there. The Panthers are awful at stopping the run. On the other side, I guess you can start Chuba Hubbard. I don't want any part of that backfield because the worst thing to happen last week was that you had three guys getting opportunity. Now, granted, Miles Sanders only had two carries, which he turned into zero yards and zero points the old Bluto blue Tarski for anybody old enough to remember, Animal House zero point zero. I just it's a bad offense. They can't run the football. Even if the Colts aren't great against against running backs, I am terrified to get behind any one of them down there in Carolina. So I guess Cuba Hubbard. But that would be about it giants at the Raiders mentioned at the top of the show, a lot of changes in Las Vegas. New head coach at least interim, a new play caller on offense, any new starting quarterback. We sort of talked about DeVante Adams, so they rehash we can trust Davonte Adams this week, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this week you could trust DeVante Adams squeet. This is the ultimate squiky wheel narrative, right, Like, he got his coach fired, he was so upset. I think they're gonna come out and just the game plan. If you watch Hey Arnold where they're like give the ball to Tucker, it's just gonna be like, give the ball to DeVante Adams. And I think Josh Jacobs is the other Raider you could trust with confidence this week. Jacoby Myers depends on your options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not really big on Jacoby Myers just yet. I want to take a wait and see. One of my other bold predictions for the week is that Davante Adams is gonna get like fifteen targets. I might even bump that up to twenty. I came up with that thought before Josh McDaniels was fired. Now that he's fired and they've got a new It might be twenty targets for DeVante. It might just be hey, Aiden, look at number seven and throw him the ball, don't care. I think this is very much the Squeaky wheel situation, and DeVante Adams is going to get quite a bit of Greece to help move that offense along. Cowboys at the Eagles definitely one of the more fun games on the schedule this week, Big one in the NFC East. Tony Pollard has not had a great season. He has not been super efficient, and the Eagles are good against running backs. But you can't sit Tony Pollard right, and you can't sit DeVante Adam or Devontae Smith right. You can't sit Devonte Adams either, but you can't sit DeVonta Smith right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think you could get away from either of them. And it has been disappointing this year. Like Tony Pollard right now is the RB sixteen on this season. He has not scored a touchdown since Week one. Yeah, like that is is very disappointing. The receiving numbers isn't what I had hoped they would be coming into this year. I thought he had RB one overall upside, but still in this match. I know it's a tough matchup against the Eagles, but I cannot get away a lot of points could be scored in that one. And on the other side, DeVonta Smith like, yeah, he's taking a back seat because aj Brown after the first two weeks was like, throw me the ball more and then he's gone on the greatest.
Speaker 1: Six week run in wide receiver history.
Speaker 2: But DeVante showed us last week that the upside is far too high. It just takes one long play for him to have a really nice fantasy game.
Speaker 1: So I'm starting him. I'm starting him because of the potential for the ceiling, understanding that the floor has been, you know, lower than we thought it would be, and they've got a tough matchup against that Dallas secondary. Deron Bland has been great this year. He's got three pick sixes. The NFL record for a single season is four, so he's still got a handful of games to tie or break that record. So I think you stick with DeVonta Smith, hoping that he gets closer to the ceiling than to the floor. Same with Pollard. Look, I know he hasn't been really efficient in his opportunities this year, but it's hard to get away from him, just because of the potential volume, the fact that he's always on the field. He's still getting targets for the most part, he's still getting carries. I can't I can't get away from Tony Pollard. I just I'm hard pressed to believe that people have a better option out there sitting on their bench at this point. Sunday Night Football, the Bills at the Bengals, I mean, I guess, of course, the last time we saw this matchup, we had the really terrible and scary moment with Damar Hamlin on Monday Night Football last year. So the Bills and Bengals will meet again this season in Cincinnati. James Cook, sort of like Tony Pollard, has not been what we hoped he would be. Is it time to back away from James Cook?
Speaker 2: James Cook is very much so a it depends on your options type of player. Now, in his last four games, the three without a touchdown, he's scored less than nine Fantasy points, so more.
Speaker 1: Of a low floor.
Speaker 2: Early on in the year, he had looked really good, was giving you double digits very consistently. But now Leonard Fournette is there. They clearly for some reason want to get a bigger back more involved. I watch their games and I'm just like, just use James Cook. He is getting the job done, He's better than Latavius Murray. And they're just like determined to get a big power back heavily involved. So to me, James Cook is more of a low end RB two or flex option. Now pains me to say it, but it solely depends on your options.
Speaker 1: I I don't know, Maybe I'm just being too optimistic about it right, Like, I can't quit James Cook in part because it feels like his role itself hasn't really changed. Now the guys they bring in to sort of give him rest have changed. You know. It was Damien Harris for a little bit. He's gotten hurt. We see more Latavious Murray. Now there's Leonard Fournette there, so we'll see how that sort of works in there. But James Cook's role has always been James Cook's role. The thing that might hurt him more than anything is if Josh Allen is really committed to running the football again, because that takes away some of those rushing opportunities from Cook. It also means a lot of those short targets that he might have otherwise gotten aren't going to be there because Josh Allen's just gonna take off and run with the ball a lot of times out of structure. So that concerns me a little bit. But in other words, his role has sort of been his role. We'd love for him to score more touchdowns, but you know, I think he is who he kind of has been all season long. That part hasn't changed. So I think you know, if you've been starting him and as long as you've been successful, look, if you're losing and you need, if you need to swing for the fences and try to get a high ceiling play, I understand that. But if you're doing okay, I think you just kind of keep rolling with James Cook at this point. I know it's disappointing, but you know, sometimes life is disappointing. It's a lesson for all of you out there Monday night football. To wrap things up, it's the Chargers and the Jets from New Jersey. The Chargers got a much needed win last week against the Chicago Bears. Any worries about some of your Chargers against a pretty good Jets defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Justin Herbert is still in play. I think that Keenan Allen and Austin Eckler are too good to get away from. But like Josh Palmer Quinton Johnston, your secondary options there yet you could get away actually, because Johnson exclusively plays outside and Josh Palmer runs over two thirds of his routes outside, which means you're gonna get a whole lot of who this man dressed up as Halloween for and Saft Garden Ohs and DJ Reid and the Jets allowed by far, it's like sixteen fantasy points per game to opposing wide receivers. Every other team's over twenty one. Like it is by far the toughest matchup for a receiver. So yeah, you start your studs and that's it.
Speaker 1: You talk about Sauce Gardner and I went and looked this up on PFF. He has been targeted on just eleven percent of his coverage snaps this year. Wide receivers against him have caught twenty passes for one hundred and eighty three yards and I think one touchdown, which I was looking at the equivalent if you were looking at wide receivers who have that number. Braxton Barrios has legend twenty catches for one hundred and one hundred and ninety four yards and one touchdown. Braxton Burios is the wide receiver sixty seven on the year, so Sauce Gardner is allowing the equivalent basically of the wide receiver sixty seven for the season. DJ Reed has also been very good back there. I get it. You're starting Keenan Allen, right, Like, you're not going to get away from Keenan Allen because he's a guy with a high ceiling. But understand that this is a week that might not be great for Keenan Allen. You know, I think you can get away from Josh Palmer. I'll say this though, I like whoever starts it Tighten, whether it's Donald Parham or Gerald Everett. I sort of like that player as a sleeper this week, so maybe you can start them and feel okay about it. You're starting Austin Eckler as well, but the ceilings are lower for a lot of your chargers this week against the Jetropolitans. That is the end of the Week nine slates, but we are not done yet. It's time to see who will deliver presented by Uber Eats. These are the guys who are going to rescue you from a burning fantasy building and whisk you off to safety. So who is your hero for Week nine?
Speaker 2: Don't ever call me a homer, because I'm going with Joe Burrow against my Buffalo Bills. Joe Burrow looked healthy this past week. Not only did he throw for two hundred and eighty three yards and three touchdowns, what really stood out to me was he ran for forty three yards, which puts any concern about his calf and that injury that was holding back this offense early on, that's all behind us now, and then we know that that Joe Burrow, a fully healthy Burrow, is a top five fantasy quarterback. Now he gets the Bills I knew. I know they added Douglas yesterday, but they still have allowed over nineteen fantasy points to Mac Jones and Baker Mayfield in back to back weeks. So, yeah, Joe Burrow is gonna have a monster week, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe Burrow looks like Joe Burrow again, and the Bengals offense looks like it is rolling again. Meanwhile, I like Jonathan Taylor this week, and I know we talked about the Colts running game. We talked about Zach Moss specifically, but let's not forget Jonathan Taylor is the lead back there and he's starting to get more touches, more opportunities. He had ninety five rushing yards on just twelve carries last week for Indianapolis, and now he gets that awful Carolina run defense. And this has been an offense in Indy that's leaned heavily on its running back since Anthony Richardson went down with the season ending shoulder injury. We know Gardner Minsho's not just going to take off and run if he doesn't have to, So that means that both Taylor and Moss will get plenty of touches. Both those guys are very much in play. But I think we're going to see a really big Jonathan Taylor game coming up this week against the Carolina Panthers. Week nine. Man, we are in the back half of the fantasy regular season, and it's flying along.
Speaker 2: At this point, it is flying and Week nine is probably the most excited I've been for a slate of regular season since Week one, like when it first, Like that's how good the games are.
Speaker 1: This week. They really are very very good this week, so looking forward to that one. And on the West coast, you're waking up early to check out the Chiefs and the Dolphins from Frankfurt, Germany. Of course again you can see that game on it on Network. You can stream it live on NFL Plus. That was Who Will Deliver, presented by Uber Eats, where you can get almost almost anything, the official on demand delivery partner of the NFL Order. Now, all right, that is it. We are done. We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football Show. You know the drill. Tell two friends to tell two friends rate review and remember everyone does their own stunts, not everyone does them intentionally. Be safe, take care of yourselves. Happy birthday, Josh. We'll talk to you again real soon.