Speaker 1: Oh man, do we have a new episode for you today. Welcome to the Brook and Joe Free Second Date Podcast. And it is Tuesday, which means your awkward conversation is coming up. And I just have a feeling we are going to have some listeners deep diving into TikTok after they hear this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying, like investigating for you.
Speaker 1: Sure you're going to be scrolling just waiting. Yeah this person, Yes, for sure, for sure. But before we get to it, let's highlight some of these comments.
Speaker 3: Well, I like, maybe this is our new show slogan actually cooked, click said great but addicting. It is fun and a great curity your summer from boredom. Oh so we're the summer boredom cure.
Speaker 1: Okay, it must be a kid only kids think summer is boring.
Speaker 2: Literally, that's true.
Speaker 1: Maybe you get to be an adult nearly you realize what a luxury being bored is.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, every weekend's like booked and busy. Yeah for sure. All right, let's get to your brand new episode right now.
Speaker 4: If you tune into this show for shocking moments, you definitely won't be disappointed. Today when we have a couple on We're trying to nonavigate a complicated relationship roadbump, and then out of nowhere, one of the biggest lies ever gets brought to the surface. I'm guessing you're going to be just as blindsided as we were. And you know, I'm always down for a good blind siding as long as I have something to bite down on a blind phone. It's happening if you're ready for it or not. In your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: Next, it's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Experts have ranked the most difficult professions to date. Oh and up near the top, you've got musicians, bartenders. Oh and of course the combo bartending musicians.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean draft to be fair, they're easy to date. They're just well not great. It's impressive ramification.
Speaker 4: Because they're so booked out for weddings. That's why I mean. But also say beware of dating doctors. And despite all the warnings, one of our listeners, Melanie, decided to do that anyway, locked her up a doctor and now she's asking for our help. Sounds like a code blue if I ever heard one.
Speaker 1: But Melanie, you definitely went to med school job, or it's such a passive aggressive brag, like, oh help me, I'm dating a doctor.
Speaker 4: You will see, Melanie. Everything that I know about doctors I've learned from watching dark web YouTube, so I feel pretty qualified to handle this.
Speaker 1: There are so many hospital shows that aren't on the dark Web.
Speaker 4: You can't learn anything from those. Welcome to the show, Melanie, I thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Okay, how did you meet your doctor?
Speaker 6: He actually started following me on TikTok Oh. Yeah, I mean he was really cute and we were just kind of chatting for.
Speaker 7: A bit online and we realized we were in the same city.
Speaker 6: So we started talking about possibly.
Speaker 8: Meeting up right.
Speaker 4: So, what's the name of this handsome doctor that we're talking to?
Speaker 8: His name is Luke, Doctor Luke Okay.
Speaker 2: Kind of TikTok handle dude, Luke's are always hot.
Speaker 4: Did you guys end up going out?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we ended up grabbing drinks one night and it was like really good.
Speaker 6: But the disappointing thing was that.
Speaker 7: He had told me he had been looking.
Speaker 6: To transfer to a different hospital at a different city, So it was like such a bummer.
Speaker 2: I mean that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I know medical people often change move find a better opportunity.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about him moving cities? About like that possibility?
Speaker 7: So that's like the big question while I'm kind of talking to you guys, because it's like even from the jump, like why am I getting involved.
Speaker 6: With a guy who's trying to leave?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: But then it's not like I meet like a ton of handsome doctors all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like handsome doctors dot com would be a good place to stop just on that mark.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I didn't know that was one. Is that next?
Speaker 4: And muscular doctors don't give away all of my secrets taking away all my prospects.
Speaker 6: So after those drinks, like we haven't seen each other for a few months.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you continue.
Speaker 6: We did, and I don't want to be selfish and then like ask him to stay for me, But I think I just want to know is it worth fighting.
Speaker 7: For because we have a strong connection, Like is.
Speaker 1: There a window where he could possibly have that on his mind as well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean he's looking at a job in Philadelphia, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kidding. You feel like he's like leaning towards one way or the other.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not sure, Like I do feel like we have a really strong connection and it's grown a lot since we.
Speaker 7: Met, But I can't. I'm not going to ask him to give up his life for me necessarily just early and like vice versa. So it's a weird situation.
Speaker 2: What are you wanting to ask him? What do you want him to talk about?
Speaker 7: Well, I want him to know that I'm willing to fight for this, So I want to put it out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to put it out there that you think this relationship is worth a.
Speaker 4: Shot and that he shouldn't leave, or.
Speaker 2: That you do long distance.
Speaker 3: That's what I was gonna ask I got an option or is that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I mean long distance sucks, but I'm open to trying to make it work until we can figure out a different solution.
Speaker 4: So if we're going to give you advice, how like serious is your relationship right now?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 2: Are you official or exclusive?
Speaker 5: Yeah? There it is, that's the question in my mind.
Speaker 6: We are, Like I feel like I'm doing a lot.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: He has crazy hours, like sometimes like sixteen hours straight.
Speaker 6: So I meet him outside the hospital after a shift, or.
Speaker 7: I would offer to take him out to dinner and he'd be falling asleep at the table, you know, and I'd offer to bring him back to my place and just let him nap. Wow, so I unders damn Now why it's so hard to date someone that works in the healthcare industry and they're asked to do so.
Speaker 2: Much, especially when they're at a hospital. Oh yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: My best friend was an your nurse and she would literally should do the eight shifts in a row and then she'd just sleep for three days.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's brutal out there, and good for you for wanting to attach yourself to someone who's living that lifestyle, Melanie. But no, that's let's call him.
Speaker 5: And wake him up attention.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see if it even works. We'll find out what he has to say. We'll come back, give you our advice, and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to convince your handsome doctor boyfriend not to move to Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if they're using that title yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're handsome doctor situationship then yeah, I mean.
Speaker 6: He's my boyfriend as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 4: Okay, whatever it is, we're going to let you make your awkward call to him right after this hold on It's awkward.
Speaker 5: It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: We're on the phone with our listener, Melanie, who Brooke told me during the break she's super jealous of real and I mean, it's understandable.
Speaker 2: Why did I say that?
Speaker 4: Is because Melanie obviously is involved with a very handsome, successful doctor and the relationship is still pretty new. Ish only been dating a couple months, and she kind of caught him at a weird time in his life when he's considering moving hospitals and heading to a whole new city, same city where Fresh Prints got beat up on the playground while shooting hoops. But Melanie wants to fight for him, and so she's trying to figure out how do I tell him that I really want this relationship to work when they're only two months in.
Speaker 2: I'm still curious why I'm jealous. I don't really that's a question.
Speaker 4: You need to look in the mirror and ask yourself, Brooke, But what advice do you have for Melanie? And try not to let your raging jealousy get in the way. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: She's actually really excited for Melanie.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, I think the easiest way to lock down a guy because that's ultimately what you want to do, right, and the best way to do that is take.
Speaker 2: Him on an incredible vacation.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean it doesn't even have to be expensive, Melanie. It just needs to be romantic. You need to be in a bikini.
Speaker 8: Way to do it.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's so good. You'll come away, He'll come away, and you'd be like, we have to do this, this is magic, Jose.
Speaker 4: What do you think you have to just work in?
Speaker 5: Naturally? How bad you feel for him?
Speaker 4: Because moving sucks, you know, like you got to change your ID, You're gonna have.
Speaker 8: To hire all these movies, You're gonna leave all your friends and family behind.
Speaker 5: It's just so much easier to stay right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what do you think? What do you think about saying how bad you feel for him?
Speaker 5: Melanie?
Speaker 7: I mean I do feel for him and having to move, you know, start over.
Speaker 2: Point out that he won't have anyone in the new.
Speaker 1: City to breathe in food at the end of his shift or take naps with.
Speaker 4: There you go, no.
Speaker 2: Challenge him to find someone new.
Speaker 4: Okay, So there you go. Those are your two options. Build rapport in a bikini.
Speaker 2: That's a winner.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, or say how sorry you feel for him. Yeah, whatever bits of our advice you want to use or not use, that's up to you, Melanie. But I'm gonna dial Luke, your boyfriend and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call. You ready, Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think so. I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 4: It's only the rest of your life that's on the line. Here we go?
Speaker 2: Or is it just a flash in the pan? Who knows?
Speaker 4: You know? Yea, So here we go.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's me.
Speaker 5: Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 7: I'm doing okay?
Speaker 8: How are you doing? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. You know, I'm just tired, a little busy. Hey, have you seen my sandwich punch card? It's not my wallet. If I get one more, i'm gonna re meet ball sub so.
Speaker 5: Let me know.
Speaker 6: No, I haven't which shop is it.
Speaker 8: It's just for some random subshop. I thought I left it at your place. Never mind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, if I see it, I'll definitely let you know. But the reason that I'm calling today is that I've just been kind of thinking about, you know, your whole situation, and I.
Speaker 7: Just kind of feel really bad that like you're going to have to start over and it's going to be hard to move.
Speaker 6: And you have to get a new ID, like you know, oh the moves.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I haven't decided yet.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, I mean that's that's great because I was I was going to say that the past two months have been so much fun and I hope they have been for you too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, they've they've been great.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't know how to read that, but I wanted you to know how I feel. I can tell that you know, you've been trying to protect me and like some of the times we've hung out, like when I've invited you over to my parents, you know, like you obviously didn't want to complicate things and like meet them, and I totally get that.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know if it's like that.
Speaker 6: But I look, I understand, Like I just okay, I do have to ask you.
Speaker 7: My dad's got this hip problem and it's just just different.
Speaker 6: But I'm hoping you can maybe look at it real quick, because like you deal with that type of thing.
Speaker 8: I don't think i'd be the best person for that.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about. I'm literally just asking you to help me with my family for just like a second. It's something you're trained in Melanie, listen, No, you listen to me.
Speaker 7: I've been basically taking care of.
Speaker 6: You the past couple of months, meeting you after your ships. I've been making dinner, letting crash in my place.
Speaker 7: Like I've been there for you, and you can't just do this one thing for me.
Speaker 8: Well, this is difficult.
Speaker 6: What's difficult?
Speaker 8: Uh? This is getting a little intense. I don't really like this. I don't think we should see each other anymore.
Speaker 7: What you can't just like throw that out there in the middle of a conversation. Is this like because of the move? And what is this about?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 8: Just tell me it's it's not you. I just this is a lot and you deserve better.
Speaker 7: Yeah, better than what a good looking doctor?
Speaker 8: No, you deserve a real doctor, because I'm not one. What you just said? What is this doctor?
Speaker 6: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I think he probably wants to know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: First. Here, Melody, so Luke, I don't know if you can hear us, but we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 8: I don't know what this is, but I don't want to be on some radio gotcha show.
Speaker 2: Trying to help her get him.
Speaker 4: It's called the awkward Tuesday phone call. Melanie is a listener, and she told us about this kind of complicated situation that you're in with your job and your relationship. She was trying to hopefully convince you that there is more to pursue.
Speaker 2: You know, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Not real doctor, Melanie?
Speaker 8: You you set me up without telling me. You lied to me just to get me on some on some show.
Speaker 7: I like, you just told me that you're not a real doctors?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 7: Who are?
Speaker 8: Which is this? Calm just calm down, all right, just.
Speaker 7: To calm down. How many times did we FaceTime when you were leaving the hospital at nights in your scrubs?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I h I do that? You do?
Speaker 2: What? What do you do?
Speaker 8: Luke? I? I use that as a lie. Use Look, I'm sorry that you had to find out like this, but it was just to keep up appearances.
Speaker 7: No way, wait hospital, are you being serious right now?
Speaker 8: I'm not proud of it. Okay, I'm not, but I say I'm a doctor to meet women.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, it's like stolen valor regular people.
Speaker 1: Are you like at least a nurses assistant or something, like going for sixteen hour shifts.
Speaker 4: You're on a.
Speaker 2: Janitor even at the hospital.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 8: I work in door dash Okay, door dash doordas driver? Yes, door dash driver.
Speaker 7: Your entire TikTok where you message me is a.
Speaker 6: Ton of information of you as a doctor.
Speaker 9: Oh my what dude, that's why you can't follow these TikTok doctors. Alexis okay reading TikTok for you could be anything you want to be on TikTok.
Speaker 8: So look, I don't want to talk about this, Okay, you have to We have been.
Speaker 6: Dating for two months.
Speaker 1: Oh oh man, that is so low, Luke, why would you like better Philly?
Speaker 3: Why do you have to move to.
Speaker 1: My guess is he's just trying to get out of the relationship before she finds out that he's a doctor.
Speaker 2: You guys are moving.
Speaker 5: Then, or it was just a lie.
Speaker 8: If it gets too serious after a month or two, I tell them I need to leave the city and take a different job.
Speaker 7: So wasted my time.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: You're going to deliver to one of these women at some point, and it's going to be an awkward delivery.
Speaker 4: Okay. It's times like this, Melanie that I try to look on the bright side. At least he didn't try to diagnose your dad's hip issue.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, the only side is he's a hot delivery driver.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 7: I'm so shocked and disappointed in you, Luke. You have completely wasted my time.
Speaker 8: Listen, Listen. All I'm going to say is I don't want to be on the radio.
Speaker 6: But oh yeah, too bad.
Speaker 8: You deserve better than me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I definitely deserve better than you. I'm like, I am shocked you, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't blame you.
Speaker 5: Wait are you not?
Speaker 6: Of course not.
Speaker 1: You just lied to for two months about what it does as a profession.
Speaker 2: How Gary ever come back from that like there is zero respect there.
Speaker 6: I don't trust this guy at all.
Speaker 4: Maybe if he gets that free meatball sub then we can talk after.
Speaker 1: I mean, the thing is, Luke, like you could have just been yourself and maybe you would have had a chance with her.
Speaker 8: Listen. I don't have to explain anything to you, guys. Okay, I've pulled plenty of women as a doctor, and I'm telling you it just works. Okay, And I FaceTime myself outside of a hospital. It's pretty easy to pull off.
Speaker 4: It works much short to say that.
Speaker 5: The nice guys finished last.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well I'm not single. For your information, I'm dating like fifteen women.
Speaker 2: My god, I hope they hear this. Yeah, exhausted Conn.
Speaker 4: In the morning, Brook's still waiting for you to apologize and admit you were wrong there. So about what you scoffed at me when I talked about internet doctors from the dark Web making videos and having no actual proof. Turns out he was one of them all along.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I scoffed to you because I didn't want to know about your Internet habits, Jeff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if only you would not scoffed, we could have gotten to the bottom of this before she got hurt off off.
Speaker 1: Her algorithm is not the same as yours. I'm just gonna let you know. This is not a doctor who's slid into yours before.
Speaker 4: That is fair. It's a little bit different, but it is the classic I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TikTok situation. Yeah, and you know what, we're definitely not doctors, but we will try to diagnose your personal problems if you have them, and give you our advice on all the awkward Tuesday phone calls, which you can find. They're up on the Dark web platform, whichever one you go to. To get your podcasts, YE just look up Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.