Speaker 1: Second date of day. It's funny dating just ten years ago. The goal was to find someone who checks all your boxes. They're attractive, they're witty, they're fun, they sweep you off your feet. You guys have a passionate whirlwind romance together and ride off into the sunset happily.
Speaker 2: Ever after, that sounds like a different ages.
Speaker 1: You're just looking for anybody who seems halfway normal and doesn't solicit picks from you in the first two dms. And that's what happened to one of our listeners, Allison, recently, when she met a guy Alison, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hey Allison, how low is that bar for you?
Speaker 3: It's pretty low?
Speaker 2: Pretty low.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 3: The last guy I dated was a homesteadder so A.
Speaker 2: Wait, what like he goes out to the lake. Can you still do that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They do. It's quite common from what he was telling me to go off the grid and I don't know, he was probably composting his own dinner. It's quite terrifying. I was like, where is the Starbucks? It was just I couldn't imagine.
Speaker 2: You went back to the little house on the prairie.
Speaker 3: It sounds like, yeah, even they had a general store on Little House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and so who's the new guy that you met?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I met this amazing guy named Jack, and I was really happy to match with him, you know, after the homesteader, because this one seems completely normal and he.
Speaker 4: At least it's funny is life how everything's by comparisons, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this was definitely an upgrade. And we just went to a bar, very low key, and there was anything special about this place. It was a little bit loud, a little crowded, and when we couldn't hear each other, Jack was like, hey, look over there, and there was like this emergency exit but it had a bar cross that said do not enter, and it looked like a regular door, like not one to the outside. It was kind of like upstairs and off to the side. It was obviously it was like you know, a private room or round area or something like.
Speaker 4: A speak easy you know, like sometimes they do, like a bar insteade of bar.
Speaker 1: I was thinking it was like the office, the janitor's closet even, yeah, something.
Speaker 3: So he was like, yeah, let's see, rebel, let's go. So we kind of flipped off when the bargainer wasn't looking with our drinks and headed up.
Speaker 1: Oh that's definitely something a homesteader wouldn't do.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you like a rebel type of guy.
Speaker 3: Rebel or normal either one.
Speaker 1: A lot of people call me a rebel.
Speaker 2: Are you tried to come up?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just stating a fact, like because I was on a date one time with a girl where I parked in a loading zone and I ran into the convenience store didn't even put my hazard lights on.
Speaker 2: Wow, good story, Jeff.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying us bad boys are out there. You got to snatch us up while you still can't get No, I didn't got away with it too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 3: Actually, it wasn't like a broom closet or some VIP roomor and it was just a closed area kind of like a balcony and it had like beats row tables and chairs that just weren't being yearsed.
Speaker 2: Got storage space.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that was exciting to you because I would have been kind of disappointed.
Speaker 3: No, it was actually exciting because Jack, like he pulled out the chairs and we just said that this little beater table with chairs on this falcony and kind of made a date of it. It was really quite romantic. He even got to lean in and sneak a kiss in. It was really fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a rebel move right there.
Speaker 3: It was actually a really smart movie on his project. We could hear each other talk and we enjoyed that part of the evening before the employee came up and you know, clearly reminded us and said, do not enter.
Speaker 1: You got caught. But you had your little VIP moment for.
Speaker 4: A little bit, and that's fine, and it's fun to get caught together, you know, to like be on the web side a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's like we're doing something bad together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was totally fine because after that just felt funny to go downstairs and sit in front of the same guy that reprimanded us. So we headed out and like got burritos is some taco truck. Honestly, it was an impromptu, wonderful night, one of the greatest first DAFs ever.
Speaker 1: Not even a restaurant, just a taco truck.
Speaker 2: Zone. Probably.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, hazard's on that truck.
Speaker 4: I bet.
Speaker 2: Why do you think he's not calling you back?
Speaker 3: I have no clue. Sometimes you have to wonder when something went so well and there was a connection. You know, you have to think, well, maybe I just thought it was great, but this was just a normal Wednesday night with them or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He'd been through that door before and I could see it.
Speaker 1: To ask, but it's not like you take an advantage of you or something like did you guys look up or anything. I don't know how to ask that.
Speaker 3: The kiss, the incredible kiss, you know, that's a.
Speaker 1: Good thing because if he was just oh, I got what I wanted, I'm not calling you back then. Different story. So since that night, how long has it been since you talk to him?
Speaker 5: A week ago?
Speaker 3: It was a week ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're in the danger zone.
Speaker 4: Here, got another rebel on the phone, woman, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: That's right. I gotta speak to him, rebel a rebel, and we'll get some answers when we do your second date update right after this. All right, Allison, all right, you sit tight. We're gonna take care of you. How rebels do scheduled, I'm not going to I think I finally found my bro. I haven't talked to him yet, but my wild wingman is out there somewhere. I call him Rebel Jack.
Speaker 2: Because he's a rebel.
Speaker 1: That's right, Rebel Jack don't play by the regular rules of dating. He takes women to crowded bars, walks through restricted areas, and then orders burritos at taco trucks with low health grades. Because he's rebel Jack and he's one over the heart of our listener, Allison, who wants a second crack with rebel Jack, who was calling back. That's how rebels do, Alison. How you feeling before we call rebel Jack.
Speaker 3: I'm going pretty good.
Speaker 4: Oh, you were turned on by that intro. I thought for sure you'd be more excited. I mean, Jeffrey was speaking your language, there wasn't he.
Speaker 3: I mean no, I'm feeling good about this the date. The date was pretty good. I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: She just knows.
Speaker 2: I think I'm more on her wavelength.
Speaker 1: I'm done with the pleasant trees. Let's just get to dial in. Here we go. I'm calling Jack.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, is this Jack?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who's calling your future partner in crime? Young Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Stop with the whip sounds effect. You're gonna scare you.
Speaker 1: It just happens naturally.
Speaker 5: Hello Jack.
Speaker 1: We're just two rebels sharing one phone line right now, Jack.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's going what's going on here?
Speaker 1: We're we're doing a segment on our radio show called a second Date Update, and we're looking to hook you back up with one of our listeners, Allison, who you went out with recently.
Speaker 5: Allison. Yeah, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Well, let me explain. Allison emailed us because she said she had a great time with you and wants to see you again.
Speaker 5: Uh, that's not vibey god, I mean that's what she said to you, guys.
Speaker 2: That's not the vibing guy. I thought you guys like shared a kiss.
Speaker 5: Even I don't know what she told you. I definitely tried to kiss her, but she denied.
Speaker 1: Me what she told us. You guys went to a bar together, and yeah, you made the bold move to ignore the signs on the door and go into a restricted area up on a balcony where you shared a hot romantic kiss.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that that never happened. We didn't go up sneaking upstairs at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, classic rebel move.
Speaker 4: Deny, No, are you just like what do you mean it never happened.
Speaker 5: I mean our date ended with just a handshake.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 2: There was no kiss, There was no balcony.
Speaker 5: I mean it literally was just a kind of a restaurant bar. We were watching some sports games and I tried to give her a kiss.
Speaker 3: And sorry, I'm just sorry this, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to wait till we all you in?
Speaker 6: What the heck?
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's important. Can I just tell you guys in fivate for a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard to do on the radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you could put him on home?
Speaker 5: What's going on here? Hello, Broke?
Speaker 1: What do we do here?
Speaker 2: I don't know to do what she wants?
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm not doing what anybody wants, not rebel Jeff. I want to keep him on the line else.
Speaker 2: And why do you have something that you can't tell? Jack?
Speaker 3: Just let us know? And this is really embarrassing. So I guess there's two Jacks in my phone and I was quickly trying to get you the number, and I gave you There's one from Bumble and one from Tintons And I I'm so sorry I gave you the wrong Jack. Jee, I'm so sorry. No, this I went out with this Jack three months ago. This is not the Jack I was calling.
Speaker 2: For the updates, Jack, Jack, are you still there?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I'm still here. Listen, this is uh I mean Jack.
Speaker 1: The good news is she kept your number in her phone.
Speaker 4: Hey, well usually I do, so I know not to text them back ever again, welcome.
Speaker 5: She didn't block sounds like maybe you know I probably wouldn't text you back now that I know the type of person you are, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jack, I'm really sorry. I wasn't. I didn't mean to disturb you today. I wasn't trying to call you. I apologize.
Speaker 1: You want us to call the other Jack from your phone? Let's hang up with No, let's not hang up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to hear what this Jack guy is all about. Here.
Speaker 1: Let's put Allison on hold. Alison, you can give the other Jack's number to our producer. I'll put you on hold here for a second. But I'm going to have the other Jack stay on the line too, because it'll be more entertaining. Why would we do that for entertainment?
Speaker 2: Per Do you want to do that?
Speaker 4: You want to be on the other line while she tries to get a date with Jack number two?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I do know. Do I want to hear what this story is all about?
Speaker 2: How are we going to even talk to Jack's would we have two Jacks?
Speaker 1: We gotta Okay, we'll call We'll call this one. Which dating app did you meet on this Jack? Okay, we'll call you Bumble Jack, and we'll call the other guy Hingejack. Bumble Jack, Hinejack.
Speaker 2: That is going to be so confusing. I love this. It's like a show.
Speaker 1: All right, let's punch Alison back up, Alison you there? Yeah, Okay, you gave the number to our producer. So I'm gonna call Hinge Jack and uh, I need both of you guys to stay quiet, all right while while we call him. It's gonna be weird. He doesn't answer for all this.
Speaker 2: Wait what I just I need to talk to her about why.
Speaker 1: She's stop trying to stop the rebel train. It's already left the station.
Speaker 4: Look more wanted right to have another dude like it. We're just trying to do Entertain's got two options right now?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello, is this Jack from Hinge?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it probably depends Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: What is going on here?
Speaker 1: You're on the radio right now with Broken Jeffrey in the morning, and we want to know if you met someone off Hinge like a week ago that you're not calling back name Alison?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? Are you?
Speaker 6: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Can we please make sure this is the right Jack?
Speaker 4: Did you go through a restricted door and go on a balcony?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But what in factly is going on here?
Speaker 3: I don't know what?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is we have the right guy. Finally she likes you.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, She's like super into you.
Speaker 5: I mean, so what is she's into me?
Speaker 1: Well, just by hearing the tone of your voice, I can tell you're feeling her too. Normally I don't do this. But real quick, would you like to go on a second date with Allison? We will pay for it.
Speaker 4: We just don't have time.
Speaker 1: Is that a yes that I heard? I heard him say yes? Man, that is so cool of you. Jack from Hings, Congratulations.
Speaker 6: You know what, guys, No, I absolutely don't want to go on another date.
Speaker 3: Hurt you?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Why why don't you want to go on a date with her?
Speaker 6: I mean, do you want to know the truth.
Speaker 2: Or I mean that's preferable.
Speaker 1: But before we hear that, Look, Jack, I know you're hearing all of our voices and that's probably a little bit confusing to you. But I'm gonna toss in two more I want you to meet Alison, the girl you went out with a week ago, and Jack from Bumble the guy that Alison went out with three months ago.
Speaker 6: He was also on three months.
Speaker 4: We accidentally called him instead of you because there was two Jackson her phone.
Speaker 2: So now we have two.
Speaker 1: Jack's on the phone, Allison and Bumble Jack. Go ahead, say Hi, Hi, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Jack? Sounds like this girl's obsessed with anyone named Jack.
Speaker 2: What I was saying, I think Bubble Jack come out with the jokes. I like it.
Speaker 3: Hey, Bumble Jack, could you de quiet for a moment. I'm dealing with this Jack.
Speaker 5: Fine, go ahead, Yeah, it'd be rude.
Speaker 1: So you were gonna tell us why you weren't calling Alison back after week after your rebellious first date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, first of all, you guys kind of threw me off here. I mean, you said that she went on a date three months ago. She told me she her last day was a year ago.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yeah, because she went on a dated with me three months ago. So that can't be true. So this girl is a liar.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I'm not a liar. That's not how this works. You tell everybody that you haven't been dating a lot, or this is my first one in a while. It's just what you say to make someone so special.
Speaker 2: Feels like a lie.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know what, Alison saying, you're on the line. I'm gonna just be honest with you. I kind of just got the feeling almost like a desperate vibe from you.
Speaker 1: Desperate like she'd call a radio station for another date with someone like that type of desperate.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I mean, I just I don't know, like, you know, it was kind of clingy. I could be wrong, but that's just the vibe that I got.
Speaker 3: I mean, wow, I did not know that I was coming across as cleaning. I thought we were having a great date and we really high a connection and we're vibing well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you know what you were kind of you were always saying, like, you know, I'm the first normal guy that you've been with, you know that you've dated in a long time, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, my god, is that what? Because you were sorry, it's a dating app, it's harder for girls like.
Speaker 1: Hey, bumble Jack, then has to be hard for you to hear.
Speaker 2: He's still listening as why was he not normal?
Speaker 3: I totally forgot Jack I'm sorry, that's pretty lame. I just meant that there's a lot of crazy out there, and I guess I gone out with a really well crazy.
Speaker 4: Guess what.
Speaker 5: Guess what? I think I avoided it crazy. I think you're crazy.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's saying you're the common denominator.
Speaker 1: Here's something crazy. Why don't all three of you go out on a date together and we'll pay for it?
Speaker 2: Jack, Jack and Allison?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do we have the budget for three?
Speaker 1: It's a double jack sandwich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually sounds kind of good.
Speaker 1: Bumble Jack first from three months ago? Yes or no?
Speaker 5: For the triple day, I'm not seen this girl again?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're down to a.
Speaker 2: One Jackson, Yes, I thought you were going to get hinge.
Speaker 1: Jack. Do you want to go out with Allison?
Speaker 6: I don't. I really don't.
Speaker 1: Oh, Alison, do you want to go out with Allison?
Speaker 3: Apparently not. I guess I'm not the winner today.
Speaker 1: Rolson rejected herself. This is a new one for the second date updates.
Speaker 3: That's okay. I'm sure there's plenty of Jacks out there, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Have we ever had a girl get rejected twice by two different guys? On a single second date update.
Speaker 2: I really you need to rub it in.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to rub it those are just facts. I think it's a first for our show. Yeah, and you guys were all against having bumble Jack on the phone, but we needed him.
Speaker 2: I don't think so that was a terrible choice.
Speaker 4: You needed to hang up and we needed to call Hinge Jack.
Speaker 1: No, we needed Jacks to team up. Yeah, they didn't stand together. Jack's United.
Speaker 4: Jacks didn't like each other, Jeff, they didn't like each other.
Speaker 2: They didn't like her. Nobody liked each other.
Speaker 1: She didn't like one of them. I liked both of the Jacks.
Speaker 2: I bet you did, you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought. In fact, I think Hingejack may have been better than rebel bumble Jack.
Speaker 2: No, Hingejack was rebel Jack. Bumble Jack was the non rebel. You can't even keep him straight.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there was a terrible idea whoever wanted to put him on at the same time. I don't know whose idea.
Speaker 2: That was, but we got the least to their I.
Speaker 1: Feel like there was a missed opportunity that the Jacks couldn't hang out on a bros State Little Jack on Jack actually, okay, maybe we can help somebody else out there get their jack, get their jack on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just don't get it. Don't get it the other way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. If you want us to help help you out with the love interest, you can always email the show. We'll don't have to be named Jack the way, Yes they do. Jack's only. Jack's only. For our second date updates, email the show. We'll call the Jack that isn't calling you back.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning