Speaker 1: It as good at STUDENTO baby Man. Check me on the Boutleg keV podcast, like what like.
Speaker 2: Bob Yo Man Boutlet keV Show special guest. He's here. His new album is officially out right now do then.
Speaker 1: No baby doing, No Baby Man? What's good keV?
Speaker 2: First of all, welcome to adulthood. The last time we did an interview, you were definitively going to school Monday to Friday. Uh, doing stuff when you were not in school, Like you were kind of like navigating your music career around being a high school student.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, if you're going to Since.
Speaker 2: Then you've graduated, so congrats, thank you man. And now you're you know, you're of age.
Speaker 1: Eighteen eighteen. How's it feel man to be eighteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is it like anything change? I mean you've been kind of like living like an adult before, having fucking gold records and platinum records and such as a as a high school senior.
Speaker 1: Man, then be eighteen today and do what I've done. It's it's amazing. I'm extremely great and it's just so much more to be done. Shit, it doesn't feel like it's adulhood though. I feel like because before I was eighteen or the club.
Speaker 2: Shit, you're already going to the club, You're already doing all that stuff anyway.
Speaker 1: Getting booked, and now I'm used to that shit. Now that shit not nothing, Yeah nothing specials really have.
Speaker 2: It's not like you're buying vapes or cigarettes because that would be stupid. Yeah yeah, but I mean, hey, at least now you're like, you know, you could like register to be in the army.
Speaker 1: If you wanted to vote, vote, you could vote. Yeah, you should vote.
Speaker 2: Everyone should vote, no matter what side of the you know, spectrum you're on.
Speaker 1: Vote.
Speaker 2: It's a you know a lot of people have died for that, right, I think I think I don't know anyway, Man, congratso on everything.
Speaker 1: It's been dope to see.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy is I think you and your team are so good at Like I feel like you're an amazing marketer and everything that you do seems to be very like on purpose and with a tent.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Like, like, do you feel like you've started to kind of figure out because once you fall into a record like Soak City, like you're just like learning on the go, Like do you feel like you're finally kind of getting like a real understanding of this music shit and just the industry and.
Speaker 1: Bro Like, I'm learning at this ship is not as hard as like it's hard as shit like to succeed at the highest level, right, But I'm learning that a lot of this shit is just like it'd be really just one plus two equals three. But like niggas at like it took them a long ass time to get to the top. They're not gonna tell you it's just one plus two or three. Niggas, they're gonna make it overly complicated. But this shit now, it's not that like it's not to me. It's like it's not that much. It's not too much of a secret sauce. It's just like, Okay, is this hard? Just's gonna be on top of this shit? M h. Is he gonna have a nice routine or where he can stay focused? You know, because there's so much success and so much coming at you. Are you going to stay Are you going to continue to develop and go up creatively? Yeah? Are you gonna get burnt out? You know what I mean? It's all that type of shit, that's really what it is. It's really just your focus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you say because because you know, I think what you just said is great, because most artists would it would feel like, if you're an up and coming artist, first of all, music has to resonate, be good. That's the number one thing, right, So without that, like it doesn't matter, right, but if you do have a good product, I do feel like there are artists who overcomplicate the process.
Speaker 1: Of the music industry, and that's what I think it.
Speaker 2: And then they also kind of like, well, cyite themselves out from dropping music, or cite themselves out from dropping a piece of content, or maybe they drop a piece of content and it doesn't perform well, and so then they give up as opposed to just doing more of that. Like what would you say? Is kind of been the one plus one equals to strategy that you guys have been able to implement because you know you, I mean, for whatever reason, anytime you guys decide like, hey, this is a song we're going to focus on, it does really well.
Speaker 1: So I mean I think I'm just in my bag right now, like I'm in my pocket, like I know what's gonna work, and not necessarily like, oh, I know it's gonna be a hit. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, like I know what I should drop. Like I know, like, okay, rock hibs had to come out at that time, right, did we know do exactly what it did? Know? But like my friends were telling me, it's hard, So let's drop that shit, right, they told me it was hard. I dropped that shit. They told me everything else was hard. I dropped it. They gonna tell me what was right. They're not gonna leave me wrong.
Speaker 2: But like, once you put the music, Okay, so let's say you're like, okay, rock your hips. Obviously you did the remix with Sweetie, the Originals, got Blue Bucks and Ogz on a right, yeah, But like what are the things that I mean because obviously you're with the Empire, so they have like a great digital team. But like for you as an artist, like, what are the things that you're like, Okay, it's album time, we're gonna put out this song. I I know that I'm not the only like you're not the only variable involved when you put out music. But for the things that you're responsible for, for the things that you can control when it comes to pushing pushing music, what are those things like that you feel like you're like you've figured it out.
Speaker 1: I will say, like, and when it comes to like when like when it comes to making these albums, it's like it's a lot easier to just put some shit together based off what you already have rather than trying to cook. Okay, like this album is called three undred degrees let's make three hundred ten degrees music. Mm hm no, Like, let's let's grab the songs what we got right and like been working on right, that's what we do, like I mean, and shit, that's what what's crazy is that that's what I did for Lottery Pick, like before I had the team and all that shit. But like I'm not thinking, you know what I mean, Like shit, and that's the same thing now, Like it's just so it's easy for me and I'm not notice like that's all we're doing, Like I noticed that. Shit, it's some other niggas are just going to like overthink it and wait a year and you know what I mean, Like, no, we already have the album is already sitting in front of you for sure.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is like anytime we talk, I feel like recently I've had a few conversations with like folks in regarding like the Kendrick moment that happened, and like kind of like LA in general in terms of quote unquote hit records has had like a serious drought. But the one exception to that drought, whether it's been a year or two, however long the quote unquote drought has been, has been Soak City, Right, So, like Soak City is like the the record that got to number one out of LA at radio in multiple formats. And you know, I remember you getting booked in Florida and shit, like fuck nine ten months ago, Like do you feel like you're like any weight of like the LA representation nationwide on your shoulders now?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like LA don't make me feel like I'm just that nigga. Like LA doesn't make me feel like, oh, you're doing it for us, bro right. I feel like when it comes to stats in these songs like y'all singing my shit because ain't nobody else shit to sing, right, But it's like I don't feel like, oh yeah, like LA hasn't embraced you. I feel like certain people have, but I feel like as a culture, like LA, like it's not that it's not like how it was for Kendrick, which I'm not saying it should be that because it also wasn't like that for Kendrick. Initially it took him a while to get I didn't know you know, well, you were fucking like seven years old young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like when Kendrick first came out, like he was like, I mean, look, he is a conscious rapper technically, right, So it's like it took a lot. It really took Like Dre he did that watch out for Detox freestyle, and but initially it was very, very like Kendrick almost existed outside of the ecosystem of like quote unquote LA rap. And I feel like, do you I do think that there is something to be said about like you're just a kid having fun. And I think a lot of times in LA, like we get wrapped up in like artists who might be affiliated or might be quote unquote gangster rappers, and so I feel like you're kind of just doing your own thing, your own way, just making music, and I feel like it's just you're just you're just on positive vibes, bro, like you're doing you.
Speaker 1: So I think LA's fun. I mean, you saw it out the Novo, Bro.
Speaker 2: That's a big deal pretty big and that was like your graduation party, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, like, I don't know, I think it's it's important for me, I mean even talking about this now, which is important for me to be grateful and appreciate what's here right and now what's not for sure? If I if I think like that, that's the average human.
Speaker 2: And then you're gonna be You're gonna psych yourself out and you're gonna I mean, that's kind of the two plus two. They're the one plus one equals two thing. When people start thinking about what they don't get instead of worried like you know what I mean, that's where they start getting fucking they overthink it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, yeah, I don't know. I think two is like I already don't be in LA like that. So I think it's like if I did a big ass show and I've seen people pop out, I'd be like, oh yeah they do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean you had a big show. I mean look and then obviously getting off tour with OJZ had to be done. Oh yeah, bro, that shit was crazy because Ojiz is like another one of those guys who's like, you know, Shoreline and OGZ for you know one of the I mean, their wave has been so influential on LA culture and just like LA artists, like I think a Draco and Shoreline is kind of like a lot of the influence in terms of like a whole generation of quote unquote LA rap.
Speaker 1: So shout out to OGZ. Good guy, not for sure one of the most genuine niggas I met, bro and like, I have so many conversations with him while on that tour that I have nothing to do with music and nothing to do with bullshit, right, And I like learned so much from him, you know what I mean, Because it's like outside of his workshit because this is our job at the end of the yare right, But outside of this workship, O Jiz is on a different level. Whether or not he shows the world that which I mean, you know, everybody kind of keeps it themselves, like you know, you don't give the world one hundred percent of who you are, right right, But like, oh, jeseus a cool nigga man.
Speaker 2: And he's just sharp man, you know, whether it's putting out.
Speaker 1: I think he's got his.
Speaker 2: Makeup line or no, his eyelashes, he's got the Marisco spot. He's just an entrepreneur. He's a hustler, you know what I mean for sure, and he's under I feel just like somehow he's still underrated somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh Gez, I feel like, oh niggas aint gonnappreciate O GZ to you not here no more wow, because it's like you gotta think, Bro, like my nigga's doing shows in Boise for sure, like like so downid Boise. We're doing Salt Lake City. We're not just doing like right like Bakersfield, Minnesota. Bro, we did Minnesota, Chicago, fucking crazy places. Yeah, It's like, bro, who else I'm gonna going to it with?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Was it pretty? Uh?
Speaker 2: The Sweety remix was Whose idea was that? Was that your idea of reaching out? Or did she reach out or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That me and the team got that right? I mean strategic, Bro, we need some females. I think I put a lot of niggas on songs. So great video. Yeah that she was crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, sweet is She's also somebody who's fucking just cool.
Speaker 1: Sweety's coolest. Fuck. I remember at the music video when we were talking, bro, like she not to talk about exactly what we're talking about, but she's like aware, she's super awake, she's.
Speaker 2: Super sharp, super hip, and she's very like you know, you would think like she's like, you know, she's had her on McDonald's meal, bro, So she's like, fuck, I.
Speaker 1: Forgot she had that shit. Damn. She's really a joint, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, but talk to her, you wouldn't even get that, like, you know, like she's not unapproachable.
Speaker 1: She's also like yeah she doesn't. She's cool as fuck. Yeah, she didn't give like oh you know what I mean, Like she was just super cool like us. He graduate too, shout out to Sweden. Forgot she had the meal. Damn, Bro.
Speaker 2: Now that you're out of high school and you're very successful, would you ever consider getting like a degree just to get a degree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I think.
Speaker 2: College is gonna be there forever. It'll never not be there, that's for sure. Someone will always take your money to go to school.
Speaker 1: Right. But I think like if I went back, I would make it. It would be intentional. How you said, everything's seems like I do it on purpose. I would go back, maybe make the album around where I go, you know what I mean? Some shit like that'd be hard. What would you go to school for? Do you have any idea this business? Because that's what I was, That's all I was on before this shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk to me, man. You know there was one of the to me, the most flagrant outside of the freshman cover having the not like Us tagline, but the fact there is no one from LA and to me, the biggest emission of that cover would have been yourself. Was that something that bothered you not making that cover?
Speaker 1: Of course in them like in that moment, But then I like kind of got out of it because it's a lot of niggas I didn't got snubbed. It's a lot of niggas. I was great NBA players and got snubbed from the All Star Game, great NFL players that didn't make the pro bo. I don't mean I'm not great or I can't be great or whatever, you know, whatever bar that is that they have set for, like, oh, this is what qualifies you to be at XL cool, right, And I'm not here to say if I qualify or not. That's up to them. That's theayless. At the end of the day, it's one hundred fucking lists out here as complex it's this is that if you just had to make your own fucking top ten list, it don't matter. But like, shit, do I think I should have been on there? Yes? But am I onn some like FX Excel, No, because they could put it. Sure, they can put whoever they want to. It's their list. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just look at it, like, you know, there's been some all time great guys who never was on the Freshman list.
Speaker 1: You know, they never put Drake on. You I think about that, you know, was that controversial? I wasn't because I wasn't tapped.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that what ended up happening was by the time, like it would have made sense to put him on, they just gave him his own cover.
Speaker 1: Oh, which shit, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing too, was like I feel like this I was just talking a big extra plug and he was just saying how like he was just a little disappointed because this year's like class was not a like not everybody wanted to rap and shit, And he's like, yo, like this is the freshman cover, Like you gotta fuck rap on this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I think music is changing on top of I mean, that's really what it is. Think about niggas ain't rapping no more, Like even me, I'm not the most lyrical nigga.
Speaker 2: Right, but I feel like if I mean, you could tell me if I'm wrong, but if you were to be on that cover, you would have had something.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I'm not saying that, that's what I'm saying. I'm not saying I wouldn't. I'm just trying to give like, okay, like you know, you know what I mean, Like you would have rapped though, Hell yeah, I feel like two, I think a lot of niggas don't appreciate, not even appreciate, but they don't like see the XXL shit the same way Big X may Big X may see that and remember, oh yeah, this is XS. So I grew up watching this shit my generations, like we only remember twenty sixteen. After that we blinked.
Speaker 2: Right, and some of those were just like there was some interesting cipher moments like the XXS ten Tasion moment was pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying. You see how it was like started to like it was not in my opinion, but I'm saying on some like big hip hop shit, it started to go down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was more like once the cloud SoundCloud error kind of kicked in. I feel like the freshman ciphers just got a lot more water down and it was like some of them would go viral because of like how interesting they were, how bad they were.
Speaker 1: And then I mean even think now in the age of content bro, like it's faciently continue to be that.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like because we are a content addicted society and that can work for us and against us. I feel like consumers are just they're so desensitized to everything because it's just content, content content, whether you're watching YouTube documentaries, whether you're watching reels TikTok. As an artist being in the content era of music is, would you say that the content side is as important as the music now.
Speaker 1: I think it's funny, like you asked me that because you look at somebody like me, like only have two hundred thousand followers as of today, right right, but I have a lot more records and niggas that have one million followers. And I think it's two side this shit. It's a side of like people that are entertained on Instagram and tik talk and shit, and like they have entertaining content. But then it's the side of like who's actually streaming?
Speaker 2: Well, I think too, Like what I mean, I think a lot of the genesis of like people discovering Silk City was through social media, right, So it was like I want to say, like, who are the early people who danced to it?
Speaker 1: But see, Okay, so it's like c J. Stroudstorm the bar like et cetera. Right, But what the point I'm about to make here is people heard the song because of people dancing, not my face, not content that I did. Nowadays, bro, people won't have a fucking anywhere near a hit, right, but they'll go do like one of the mic videos and they will see their face. Oh yo, you're the dude, You're right, and then you get eight hundred thousand fucking followers, not eight hundred thousand streams like that.
Speaker 2: Fat dude that looks like Peter Griffin they got. Do you remember that fat dude that like the nerdy fat dude who dressed like Peter Griffin on the white dude who dressed like Peter Griffin on purpose and he did the micro performance. It's like I know that guy, I don't know what his fucking name is. But like you said, is the consumption of the product matching up to whatever virality you might have, or because motherfuckers can be like yo, I have you know on the radar freestyle that went crazy, which is great, but it's like, is that is the are you converting to people going to consuming you a shit or buying tickets to a show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, these niggas, No, nobody's selling tickets. But I think that shit'sn't a drop down because I think it was starting to happen as a I mean, and everybody knows this, Like these niggas are like labels are signing these people and it's not doing anything correct. So like when shit like that happens, of change always occurs. Now how long that takes? But you know, I don't think it'd be like that first because it doesn't make sense and it's a waste of investment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like, honestly, if you're a label, I mean, unfortunately, it's like you're kind of like helping like one out of ten artists. If you're a major label hits. You know, if you could get like one, Let's say you're Atlantic and you signed ten artists and one.
Speaker 1: Of them is Cardi B. You're like, okay, well, Cardi B. Is gonna make up for all the money we might have lost off like that keep the lights on. Yeah, exactly so, And that's why I think I've had a conversation with my team about this before. It's like, Bro, imagine we would have had the traditional artists today that like every week, another nigga blows up on TikTok, cuts in a video or content whatever and then like has five hundred K in the first three months or eight hundred K whatever. Right, But it's like I could have been that, but we wouldn't have had shit or any records. And it's like what's online motion without any records? Like that's what pays the bills, bro. But nowadays, with artists becoming content creators, Bro, they're fucking eating off just that this is true. So it's like, I don't know, It's like it's both sides, but I feel like with me, I'm one of the like I'm a unique case because I'm proving again and again that like, Bro, at the end of the day, music is what matters, and until that changes, until it's like nah, bro, if you're not doing this good ass content, you're not streaming. But until then, shit, I'm just gonna make good music, like because take away social media. My shit's on the radio.
Speaker 2: Well, I just saw you too. You did a speaking engagement in Phoenix.
Speaker 1: What was that about? Man?
Speaker 2: That was like, are you like, are you gonna start doing more of that type of shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think it's this time I get into like who I really am and letting people know it's different sides than me. It's not just the music shit, right, because everybody sees it so sicky shit and then like okay, it has an opinion or talk shit or whatever they're gonna do. But it's like, no, I'm over here too, you know what I mean, Like cause the other guys are like over there with all the bullshit, but like I'm over here making sure we're straight on like the corporate side. So then if all this shit collapse, I still could be that face that could represent you know what I mean, because it's like who else can to represent black youth on that level? That's some crazy shit that's real.
Speaker 2: So it's like, yo, if the music goes away, like at least I like like you're like, that's the thing is like the name of your guys's company is high IQ, right, So it's like you know, just that brand in general is like you should have something of merit to say people that that people can at least gravitate towards.
Speaker 1: And I used to be like, damn, you know artists, big artists have like the label behind, like the label with the group or like whoever they hang out with, and anesthetic and all this ship like that's the new thing. Like everybody has like a look or a feel, right, But then like me, I used to be like damn, so like my aesthetic gotta give. But now I think about it, it's like, bro, hi, i Q is that and it's bigger. It's bigger than what I wear. It's bigger than who I hang out with, because a lot of niggas aesthetics stop at their fashion or who they hang out.
Speaker 2: Buddies are right, right, But me now is to hey, yo, that fucking Kendrick line where he was talking about Yadia, I don't give.
Speaker 1: A funk who you hang with. I was like that, that's funny. It's everything. It's everything, bro, It's fucking everything. It's like the high Q be anything. It's it's not just one thing, and it's so much more to me than just music. Yeah, I think. I think that's that's true too.
Speaker 2: Is like a lot of fans, unfortunately, are very shallow and so like they might they're like weirdly enough associating like your validation or how much they want to fuck with you based on who you're hanging out with, which is weird. But that's a thing. I mean, but you've kind of skated through that because you're just making undeniable hit records, so you don't have to worry about like being in these weird ass fucking studio sessions or being like the awkward dude y'all, let's get a flick for I G.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Bro, I don't even brouh. Yeah, we're not even in the mix for think about that and that and that's not necessarily a good thing. Think about it if I was, though, like, think about how all these other guys I'm not no name, you know what, You'll know what I'm talking about. How other guys are moved around so like, oh, oh, hang out with these guys for a minute, hang out over here, super weird dude, weird and see it all the time. I'll be like, oh yeah, And it gets to the point where like you get to a certain level, and now everybody's friends, but it's.
Speaker 2: Like nobody but nobody's friends. Yeah, everybody's friends, but they're not. Yeah, And I feel like everything happens for a reason. And I mean that's why I'm not like associated super early. I think it's going to get to that point where it's like, damn, we didn't fuck with them early. We didn't fuck with them early, but now if we want to fuck with them, we know we got to pay that fee. Not even pay the fee, bro, But it's like it's hard, it's a long line.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Somebody else who wasn't necessarily back to our conversation earlier, I would say necessarily embraced by l A early would have been Tyler.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, Tyler is a good fucking case he bro. He got on.
Speaker 2: And then it's like it's like everyone just forgot like duties from LA and you think, what you think that's not having to me? Look at look at what Look at what I've done, look at what I've done right where I'm at, and like where the world is right now when it comes to like social media and culture, we're not thinking about. And then look at me how I look, how I carry myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that could be it.
Speaker 2: But I do think at the very least, at least sonically, when I hear your records, it gives it gives me West Coast you know, the BPM, you know, it kind of gives me. Okay, this is some this is some West Coast or origin the music as to where I feel like when Tyler first came out, he was making like Yonkers is like fucking seventy six vpms and it's like a really dark record, you know. But I'm wondering have you guys connected. I know you guys are both at to pop out. I don't know if you guys have had any words or chopped it up.
Speaker 1: Or cross past. That's one thing I haven't met, bro, And I feel like I'm supposed to, but I feel like it hasn't happened because it's not me yet, right, you know what I mean, It don't happen. Yeah, And I feel like I've talked to people that are like, oh, yeah, like you and Tyler will be dada like, oh I know him, and that's something like No, when it's time, you know what I mean, it's time, it will happen. And when it's time to hit like when it you know what I mean, when it's gonna hit boom, you know, because it's for me. And I've said this in super like many interviews. It's like it's not super important to have just a feature, but I want to work with him on production. Bro. He plays all his own instruments. Yeah, you know what I mean? Like, I don't know what could that do for me? Bro? Like how think about how even him like he met Pharrell. I've seen that video and like it changed the way he thought about music. Bro, I haven't had that moment yet. But I met all these like I met all these like street niggas, but I haven't met somebody that's like a genius, a musical genius that like may change the way I think, you know what I mean. Like, that's the thing everybody wants to Oh, whose niggas taking pictures with? What chain they got was this? Bro? Let me meet for a Let me meet Yeah, let me meet Tyler creator. We don't know, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because if you don't know what spark that could create, right, especially you know it's in you know, it's in you.
Speaker 1: I'm a student of the fucking game. These other niggas are just within this shit and they're living it. They're living whatever artists name they are. Me, I'm understanding that it's my business and I'm gonna make sure this motherfucker go up as long as as long as I just listen and take shit in and I listen. I love that, man, I love that.
Speaker 2: I was thinking too, like for you, you know, you have a company now, so but you're also an eighteen year old kid. Are you interested in finding other artist or is it too early for that?
Speaker 1: Just way too early. I think people may look at me on something like people e DM me and you way oh damn bro like this that that. But it's like, bro, I'm not even in a position to put you on, right, I don't think. Yeah. I think that that is like a very terrible.
Speaker 2: Attitude or approach rather not attitude to music is like thinking that there's like gate keepers, because then if you think that that's your path, like oh, someone has the power to quote unquote put me on, yeah, then you have like a then you have a boogey man to point at and be like, well, this fool just didn't put me on, or you know, it was just like whatever, I just went through this shit with with people saying like I need to put more Arizona artists on, and I'm like, bro, I can't put nobody on, Like who the fuck you think?
Speaker 1: You gotta think? Bro? If you go grab beers on artists and you just be like post some page, what the fuck is I gonna do?
Speaker 2: I don't think people. And also done that with like thirty Erason artists. So it's like you know, but it's like like it's really like there's like there's this is like you do you have a zero barrier to the world as a musician. Yeah, it's straight to it's there's a straight to fan based connection. So if what you're doing is resonating and you're playing with the algram and you're putting the work in like that, that ain't got shit to do with me, thog, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Like, I mean shit.
Speaker 2: It's interesting though, because people will have that attitude like yo, three one old baby sigmy man put me on. It's like, man, like get your motion, get your work ethic together, get your regimen together.
Speaker 1: You fuck around and fuck yourself up trying to put another nig on.
Speaker 2: For sure, because it's like especially as an artist who I don't think niggas understand.
Speaker 1: Bro, if you do a song with somebody bro and that shit do not hit. But you're coming off a seven song streak, that fucking eighth song, if it don't hit your all, like you're done. Especially today, I think back in the day, Back in the day, niggas could like kind of like trickle down and like pop back because there's no social media, like a nigga disappear and probably be straight all the time. Man, oh my god, especially with Twitter and social media, they'll get bashed. Bro. You don't do that, bro. So it's like, even with me, it's like super strategic. Bro. How you said this like intentionally? Yeah, because we know nigga we planing? What fire nigga?
Speaker 2: You bro?
Speaker 1: Especially with me, Bro, I'm at. I'm not at, you know what I mean. I can't call no big guy to help me. We make the wrong step.
Speaker 2: That's the l Was there anybody who you were trying to get on the Soak City remix or almost got on the Soak City Remix that just didn't quite come to fruition because I'm assuming everybody was trying to get on it.
Speaker 1: No, A couple of niggas was trying to get on that, but it got to the point where it was too many fucking people cause we started saying like not saying yes, but it was more you know me, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Because it ended up being what Blue Bucks, Blue Face and Oz Tiger was yg blue Bus Clan Okay, because like I heard, because I was thinking, fuck, Chris Brown would be crazy on the fucking Solk City.
Speaker 1: Bro. Anybody you got to think, Bro, anybody could did it? For sure? Yeah? I mean it was a hell of a lineup. Yeah, anybody could did it. I think it was. I think I created one of them songs that didn't matter like who was on it.
Speaker 2: Also, like the original gets played more than the remix, which is also that's that's all.
Speaker 1: The remix did is promo for the original.
Speaker 2: Sure, uh your sound? We know kind of like the records we've gotten from me so far, and they're all very much in the same kind of vein of like party music. Is there any plans to kind of like try to step out of your comfort zone? Maybe not this album, because you know what your fans want. No, no, no, this album has as But this is the thing I think now people are gonna see Okay, Like there's party songs because people would dance to them. Of course, if people would dance in my shit, I can't control that. The only song I intentionally made party songs too was Soak City Rock your Hips, Pink Whitney, back it up in the other song that's like a little bounty maybe a little bit, but right, I'm telling you songs I intention like, I put that behind. That's the energy I'm putting like, you know what I mean. So this album three hundred ten degrees, Bro, it doesn't sound like fucking so. It doesn't sound like rocky hibs. And I think now people are gonna appreciate his beat selection, like talking about me, people, we're gonna finally see, okay, this nigga does have b selection. But the thing is this, right, people don't understand. You got to keep the fucking lights on. Bro.
Speaker 1: You have to Oh this sounds stead of out nigga? Are you paying my bills? Right? Because if I fucking fall off, then what then you feel off? Bro? Let me do what I gotta do. I think people pick the lights on. People don't understand the music business, bro, people because I think people are so caught up in like the all this, like y'all don't know, Bro, you don't know what I got. I could probably, Bro, I can have some songs right now that I'd be like, yeah, bro, like me and my homies, fuck with it. I know kids gonna fuck with it. But if they don't, like, if they don't feel like, if everybody else don't feel like, no, that's it, then it's not gonna you know. I mean, so like you know, like for sure, just be patient and let me figure this shit out, because I feel like not even I feel like, Bro, I feel like I'm a musical genius, bro, honestly, and I feel like all I can do to prove that to everybody is to continue to work no matter what I say, you know what I mean, that's all that matters. Action is way stronger than words. So you know, I'm saying that respectfully and humble, but I just have to keep proving myself. And after this album, people will see like, oh shit, not necessarily like I'm not saying you're gonna listen to this album and think I'm yeah, right, it's not what I'm saying. I'm not saying that this is gonna be the best album. I ever fucking dropped. But what I'm saying is I want you to watch my growth and start to look at my trajectory like, Okay, he's getting better. That's what people don't track. People track clout fucking chains and money. Track the progress, track the progress because making progress is better and way different than making money. Watch just watch it, bro, Yeah you listen.
Speaker 2: I mean the progress has to be documented because if you go from your first record being platinum and being recorded on an iPhone, it's I mean, that's about as ground zero as it can possibly get.
Speaker 1: So yeah, when you hear when you hear the album, you'll be like, okay, oh shit, You'll you'll be able to now because it's so many songs, you'll be able to, you know, kind of say, okay, this is obviously for his kids. I mean for the kids, right, Okay, Now I funk with this, and I see where he's going, Like, it's some records on it that are going to surprise you. And I'm not saying yeah, yeah, you know, artists, we always try to oversell our ship this of course. Yeah you're listening to see for sure, what was it like for you?
Speaker 2: Did you understand the gravity and the just the moment of coming out for the pop out. You know, I still don't crazy night. I mean it's gonna be like like a night in hip hop history, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm saying is I still don't because like because you must have brought you out. Yeah, I still like I know what it is. But you gotta think it's still so current. It's still like when you're in it, you're not really Yeah, It's like it's just that's right now, right, I think we're still in that era. We're still in that Drake Kendrick era. Sure, right, But it's like I think you guys lived through a lot of shit. You guys lift through a lot of historical hip hop moments to where you guys understand early, especially with you guys being older, noticing other moments that she may not have been a part of, and now that some people were able to participate in it, now that like, oh, I was a part of a legendary hip hop moment. I think as I get older, I'll start to like really understand more and more. I think I get it now. But you gotta think it's like everybody out there as old as fuck, bro older than me like it doesn't hit yet, right, it doesn't hit yet, It'll hit later. Were you able to meet Kendrick that night? Shook his hand like on something like that? Cool? I mean shit, you gotta think, bro, A lot of things can't even fucking get a hold of Kendrick. So for sure that was dope as fuck. I always wondered if Kendrick fucked with me. I always wondered, like I think everybody's on, like you know, once he popped back yard, like oh, like, oh Kendrick doing the song. I'm not not on that ship. That's not you know what I mean. That's that's a headache alone, right right. But like I always be like, Damn, do Kendrick fuck with me? Damn do this nigga fuck with me? Because it's like one thing for like LA artist to fuck with me, but it's one thing for the top LA artist to fuck That's what really matters, right, you know what I mean? Like, but I think what's gonna happen, bro, And I think it's kind of happened. It starts happening a little once. I once I drop Rocot hips to happen. But I just need the dominoes to start falling. I think, what's really gonna do with bt you know what I mean? Like, I mean, shit that's passing is not huh but bt BT Awards, that for sure helped me a lot because I mean shit, I was nominated, they said my name on TV. Hundreds of thousands of people saw that ship, you know what I mean, and it's like, hey, I'm doing this ship. Bro. It's crazy even just talking about it, like it's so much. But we're just gonna keep working, keep our head down, and we're gonna look up one day and it's gonna be beautiful.
Speaker 2: You're an LA kid, but have you adopted the Texans as your football team?
Speaker 1: I'm a supporter, says you be outside with the Texans the same way I'm a Laker fan, but I'm a Clipper supporter, right, So I'm a Rams fan, but I'm a Texan supporter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Plus, the Texans are the AFC. Rams are your NFC. So it's like it's fairy. The only time you really got to, you know, choose up is if they each play each other in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: It don't look like it's gonna be that. I don't think. I don't know if that's gonna happen. Yeah, no, no, no, the odds of that would be fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Rams look like they're kind of you know, they're.
Speaker 1: Not brother hold on, hold on, it's probably gonna be rebuilding. And the Rams have a pattern. I don't know if you've noticed. Give us like three four years, ass, give us one strong year.
Speaker 2: Well, they've also been fucked with injuries like Cooper c Pooking, the coup is out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gonna be. That's football, though, Yeah, that's football for sure. Look twenty we're twenty eighteen, twenty twenty two. Yeah, give us like twenty twenty six weeks. But you I think it's coming right back to La. The Rents be super hopefully. Shit, yeah, we'll see. Are you excited for the Lakers and JJ Reddick to be the coach? That's just sounds fake as fuck. Even you're saying that.
Speaker 2: That's just like him and Lebron doing a podcast after every game, and shit, that'd be funny if they didn't.
Speaker 1: Bro these niggas. You know, it's wild, though. I feel like the team chemistry will be there. I just don't think it's like championship team. No, it's just not a championship team. For sure, it's no championship team.
Speaker 2: But then you see the way Lebron and eighty played for Team USA, and you're like.
Speaker 1: You're were the can y'all do that ship for the Lakers? You know what I think it? You know, bro, like niggas be getting fed up? Yeah, I think people forget that like these at least we have an attitude personality like nigga, I'm making thirty month. There's a lot of egos in the locker room, and right, that's what I'm saying. I think these brown as men.
Speaker 2: When you're on the Lakers, they talk about you on TV all fucking day and there's Hollywood. Yeah, well there's just no way you don't even like if you try to ignore stephen A. Smith or whoever, skip Bay lists like that, shit will creep into your aura, Like you know what I mean, start playing like shit, thinking like you're on the Thunder, Like no one's talking about you on the fucking Thunder.
Speaker 1: Nigga. You can go to the Thunder and start dropping thirty at night, nigga, quiet.
Speaker 2: Nobody will say shit, Nick, Bro, That's what they barely just started giving love the shade this past year for real, like nationally, yeah, I mean like he's been bawling on the fucking thunder.
Speaker 1: I think this will be a big season for him. But you know what it is, though, is I forgot. It's like, I don't think a lot of people do this. We started looking at these NBA teams for what they are. Their businesses for sure, right and if these businesses is not fucking booming, you're not gonna put them on TV. Niggas, we don't care about them. Lakers, the Lakers. I think the Lakers is more than winning. It's more than one big business. It's big business. It's a fucking and Lebron is more than winning. He's Lebron. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like these are big ass brands. Like sure, It's like, how can I the Lakers are equivalent to an older artist that's torn off his ship from twenty years ago? It makes sense. Have you been to the Clippers new stadium now? Yet? It's fire bro, I need to go.
Speaker 2: The first night I went there, their app was down and the whole place runs through this app. So I was like, in like the VIP and they're like the food, it'll register that you have it.
Speaker 1: And you walk out with it so it'll charge you. But the Apple was.
Speaker 2: Down so I had so much free food. I was like, oh shit, they're not charging me. Let me go get some more.
Speaker 1: No shit.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Steve Balmer, Man, I cracked at least three hundred dollars worth.
Speaker 1: Of food on your ass.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Look he's pissing three hundred dollars, he's for sure, he's what.
Speaker 2: Uh so your album is officially out three hundred and ten degrees degrees man.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: For people who don't know, let's give them a point of reference because I'll talk to like radio people who are not necessarily the hippiest people in the world.
Speaker 1: It's three one oh baby.
Speaker 2: But no baby, people say three people say three ten baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah. At this point, I'm the fuck man.
Speaker 2: That's I was gonna say, like, just for people to know it's three one oh baby, not three ten baby.
Speaker 1: Do you know? I think it like when I when I won my first award and I'm on TV and shit, I gotta tell you bruss you want it's not throughing no baby. Hey guy, y'all know that three ten baby? Like? What? Well?
Speaker 2: Three one o baby? They calling me something nigga. At least they're calling you something. Man, Go support the album. I'm sure you've got more visuals coming off of it already.
Speaker 1: In the crazy fucking visuals.
Speaker 2: Rock your hips going crazy a radio. Even Pink Whitney's still doing that. We're playing it in La Man. So shout out to UH to all the success. Brother, I'm proud of you, man, Thank you. Three one oh adult no longer a baby. He can buy cigarettes and vote.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Niggas buy cigarettes at eighteen. I thought that was twenty one. You can buy a vape. Nicotine is eighteen. You buy cigarets eighteen, but not liquor.
Speaker 2: Correct, I mean I think the difference is is liquor. Liquor affects your judgment. Cigarettes just affect your lungs. Yeah, Like no one's ever like crashed the car off of a cigarette. Like, man, I just had so much nicotine in me. I fucking I crashed into a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Three oh baby. I appreciate you, brother, Thank you, my guy. I'll be back man again. Man album three bro, motherfuckers. There it is