Speaker 1: All right, you caught us. We were on vacation last week. Hey, it's breaking down, but we're back and we got a brand new second date for you today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My stream was like, dude, that you work so hard, like you're able to record every single morning while you're in Hawaiian Yeah, yeah, that's what we all do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I think today's second date is going to elicit a lot of commentary. People are gonna have strong feelings about what happened after a ten hour date. Yeah, you might have strung feelings about that in itself. Yes, yes, yeah, so definitely leave us those comments. We love reading. Yeah, what did you see from last week? Alexis?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Fabien said, hey, guys, I have a date today and she seems nice. Just hope I won't be on your guys' show any times. And I never gave it an update, so now we need one. How did it go?
Speaker 1: I mean I always feel like no word is good word. Thank you so much for being here. If you ever want a second date update, you can go to our It's brick and Jeffrey dot com. There's a little submit button there. We can't do international calls. Yet. Okay, we're working on that, but for right now, sit back and enjoy the very state side. Second date update brand news starts right now.
Speaker 5: Second date update date.
Speaker 3: What's the optimal amount of time you should spend with someone when you're on.
Speaker 5: A first date?
Speaker 3: If it's best case scenario, how long should that hangout?
Speaker 6: Last?
Speaker 3: Best case scenario means we never leave and we get married. Yeah, three to four, but effort to say a coffee date could go forty to sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: That's a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like dinner dates could stretch up to two hours if it's really going well. It makes sense. Then with activity dates like naked frisbee golf, those can last two and a half hours if the.
Speaker 5: Chafing doesn't get in the way.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, so you probably want to take a time out here in there, ask your date to rub some gold bond medicated powder on your side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sweat, are you playing frisbee golf?
Speaker 5: Yeah? We're doing it right.
Speaker 3: But I want to know what does it mean when a first date lasts four times that amount?
Speaker 1: Oh, cute means it's cute.
Speaker 5: Goes on for ten full hours.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're lost in the woods. A lot of people go hiking.
Speaker 5: Okay, but we all agree this is something wrong.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's not normal. But one of our listeners said that happened to him. Unless this is a typo or something, Chad, Oh, it's one hour. It is this a typo? It can't be ten hours.
Speaker 2: No, this was a marathon date that started early in the day. It literally kept going. Oh yeah, it wasn't even it wasn't even planned.
Speaker 1: Oh, it wasn't planned to spend that long together.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. We so we met on a dating app and we were supposed to get some coffee and pastries.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, what's her name?
Speaker 2: Her name is Samantha. Samantha okay, and we kind of hit it off, definitely kind of liked each other, and I thought that was kind of where it was going to end. And then, you know, I was playing on going to the gym. It seemed like she kind of wanted to keep going.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, she's got all that coffee energy. Now she's got to burn it off and do something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did she suggest like activity or something go to the gym with you?
Speaker 2: She wanted to go to the wine bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that sounds way more fun.
Speaker 5: But why in the morning. That's cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I kind of liked her. It was a little early, but I was like, what's one day?
Speaker 5: So you skipped glue day?
Speaker 3: Jessappointed, I know, but I mean you must have felt the connection too, if you're willing to skip the gym for it.
Speaker 1: He used those crazy strong words. I kind of liked her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, things are going pretty well. She kept asking like tons of questions. She was super into me. I could tell that, and like, then again I liked her too. And then we're about four hours in at this point, what wow.
Speaker 1: You're drinking four hours the wine.
Speaker 2: Well, we got coffee first and then wine. Yeah, we're trying to make our heart stop, the stomach some set.
Speaker 5: What's going through your mind at the four hour mark?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just thinking, like when is this ending? Like, I like her, but.
Speaker 3: It's like what's next.
Speaker 1: But it's so fun to get kind of day drunk, and then you just one thing leads to another and suddenly you're at some house party at night and you're like, well to yeah.
Speaker 2: So we actually we took some wine to go and then she wanted to go to the park and I was like, well, we're already here this far. Let's go hang out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's put some public intoxication on this first date.
Speaker 1: I ought to be lunchtime soon. I know, I feel like they need to eat too. Yeah, you get something in your stomach.
Speaker 2: Right, So we're up to like maybe five hours here, and she asked if she wants to go get some dinner, so we went to another bar before the dinner.
Speaker 3: Okay, how are you are you seeing this as an issue at all?
Speaker 5: Are you having fun?
Speaker 2: A little bit of column a little bit of column beat? All right, it's it's the buzz is kicking in and I'm having fun. But it's also you know, like it's this is a long time. But again, I like her, like me.
Speaker 3: It's at the same time you were saying at hour four you were wondering when this date was gonna end. So it sounds like you just don't know how to politely be like I need this to be over.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I did say at one point, hey, I've had such a great time, I'm sorry to take up your entire day.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, So you gave her an out, what I mean, because maybe she was doing the same thing. Maybe both of you don't know how to Yeah, what did she say? No?
Speaker 2: And she goes, are you kidding? The day has just begun? But I go into kids and she pulled away. I have no I have no clue. I thought for sure, after ten hours, four different location changes, I'm into her. She's into me, I thought for I thought I thought she wanted me to kiss her. Yeah, I felt it.
Speaker 3: How many signs can you get from one person that they like being around you and like hanging out?
Speaker 1: I would have been making out an hour two.
Speaker 5: Fixed out to say at the wine mark.
Speaker 3: It's weird that she pulled away from the kiss, though, and then where did that happen?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: Was that in the restaurant?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: We were actual? Yeah, we walked back to her place, was right in front of her place. She pulled away, and she hasn't returned my phone.
Speaker 1: Call since, and she sobered up. Any maybe she was just more intoxicated than you saw.
Speaker 3: She didn't want your first kiss to be a super sloppy drunk she was acting.
Speaker 1: Or she didn't pull away, she just lost her balance.
Speaker 2: I mean, all could be true, but then that doesn't explain why she won't return my calls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so would you be disappointed if after a great ten hour date you find out you messed up at the nine to mark and those last fifteen minutes just absolutely killed.
Speaker 5: It for you, or she blocked out hour two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be I'd be very upset.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, she's like fighting was perfect until he tried to kiss me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you like.
Speaker 1: Her more at the end of the ten hours or less?
Speaker 2: I kind of just was Carpe DM season a day and it felt right. So I still just can't explain it. I liked her very much.
Speaker 5: He was just relieved that it was over.
Speaker 3: He can go home and take a nap, probably, but let's come back. We will call Samantha for you and hopefully get some answers about why after a ten hour marathon date.
Speaker 5: She is suddenly ghosting you.
Speaker 3: We'll do it and keep right after this Hold on Second Date update. If you're just joining us for the second date update. Our listener Chad went on a first date that lasted longer than most relap ten full hours. Wasn't planned that way, It just happened naturally where they kept rolling from one activity into the next, to the next to the next, until ten hours later. He's finally standing in front of her place, going in for the kiss, and.
Speaker 5: She pulled away. Yeah, hasn't heard from her after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like it was an awkward moment for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they were both drinking the whole day, so who knows what the moment was really like. Yeah, but just to be clear, Chad, you still want to try to get another date with Samantha?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 5: Are you just doing this to figure out why?
Speaker 2: I want to know both? I want to know Lie and I would love to go on another day with her. We had a good time.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting too because every new activity you guys did was her idea, right, not one of them was your idea.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 3: Maybe in her life, ten hours is a really short date and she's like, he can only last ten hours.
Speaker 1: She's like the opposite of life.
Speaker 6: He does, sound like that would have gone out after it he left that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, morn that, but I don't know. Let's call her, we'll see if she picks up. And I'm dying to know what she has to say about.
Speaker 1: This, because there's just remember when we get her on the phone, we don't have ten hours to talk to her.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, Well, we'll do it quick. Gosh, what if that's it? She just doesn't stop talking. We might need some help with it, but I'm calling her right now. Here we go. Hello, Hi, is this Samantha?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Who's calling?
Speaker 3: H This is a radio show calling you called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Not fuck.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, that's weird. Why are they calling me? Can I win something?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Kind of at the end, you kind of do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, depending on what happens over the next few minutes here, because this is a segment we do call the second Date update.
Speaker 6: Oh, I think I've heard this before.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's pretty popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go viral on TikTok and stuff.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you're calling me, So who is the person that I went out on a date with?
Speaker 5: Well, Jeff Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Really appreciate you doing my job because I'm not great at it. But there's a guy you should definitely remember because you spent ten full hours with him, a guy named Chad in Incredible.
Speaker 6: Incredible.
Speaker 5: Wow, you think he's incredible.
Speaker 6: I think it's incredible you're calling me about him.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is so unbelievable. It sounds like you had a great time all day long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, how do you spend ten hours ongoing with somebody if there's not some sort of vibe happening.
Speaker 6: If there's no, I'll tell you, I'll tell you. So he went out with my best girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait wait wait when after you went out? Wait?
Speaker 6: Yeah? No, no, before months ago he went out with my best girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, did you know this before you went on a date with Chad?
Speaker 6: Or I shure, did you.
Speaker 3: Knew Chad before you went out with him as having dated your friend?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh that's weird. He didn't mention that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well he didn't know this, but he spent many, many hours with her, oh, then ghosted her. She was very into him, liked him so much. He totally I feel like he led her on. He even took her to spend time with his grandma.
Speaker 1: Wait, oh boy, he took your best friend to spend time with his grandma, and then he ghosted your best friend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, introduced her. He spent all this time with her, basically, you know, half a day, and then he just ghosted her, never replied to her, never called her nothing.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 6: She didn't do anything wrong. He's adorable, she's sweeps. He showed me pictures of him, and I matched with him months later on a dating app and I ran to her and I was like, oh my god, you're never gonna believe this. I matched with him. She goes, Oh, you got to go out with him and get him back.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: Oh, so this whole thing, your whole ten hour date was just revenge for him ghosting your best friend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we girls got to stick together. Yeah, so give him the message. Now you know how it feels. Give him that message.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that's the most mature way to deal, but this.
Speaker 3: Makes sense why she was the one that was like wanting to like keep.
Speaker 8: The date going, yea, and why she wouldn't kiss him, And the look on his face at the end of our gate Christ was, I don't know if he told you, like how much time we spent, how much money he spent on me, But.
Speaker 1: You realize it, like he would have never got the message of what you're doing, that it was even revenge if you didn't call him and.
Speaker 6: Tell him, Okay, we we knew, we knew me and Karen knew okay.
Speaker 1: So it was just for you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he definitely had no idea about this whole thing.
Speaker 5: Going on.
Speaker 6: But yeah, good, tell him he used to be humiliated.
Speaker 3: And you know, I don't have to tell him that because he's actually been listening to this phone call on the other line quietly this whole time, so he's kind of already heard it.
Speaker 6: Great, it's even better.
Speaker 1: I love get you're enjoying that.
Speaker 3: I feel bad about it, gloating now, I mean, chat, are you there?
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what to say right now. That's that's really what was going on the whole time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not interested in you.
Speaker 5: Oh who wait?
Speaker 7: Wait, wait, wait wait wait, I heard everything you said. But we spent ten hours you mean it our eight hour nine when we've had shardenay coffee, all types of we've had the most fun all day.
Speaker 2: You mean to tell me you didn't feel anything, because yeah, and I'm.
Speaker 6: Pretty sure you felt five hours with you and then you you ghost her.
Speaker 3: So now you know how it feels your friend, your friend Sarah Will only went on one date with him before that lasted a long time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you doubled it, okay, And I have no regrets, no regrets.
Speaker 1: No, there wasn't even a moment in that ten hour period that you felt like a tinge of guilt, a.
Speaker 5: Decent guy a little bit.
Speaker 6: I was enjoying myself so much I had, I had a belly full of food, I had a drinks going in my veins. I was like fine, yeah, yeah. And to top it off, you know who else had a great time, Sarah. We laughed for hours. Oh my god, we're still laughing about it.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to tell you that Chad skipped his gluten day at the gym in order.
Speaker 5: To with you, Sarah.
Speaker 6: He really needed that day. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh Chad, I mean, do you feel bad about ghosting Sarah? I guess that's what she wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was just a tough time, you know, with my grandma and not doing so well. I just didn't feel like I could be dating.
Speaker 3: I am curious, Chad, why did you introduce the other date to your grandma?
Speaker 2: I was honestly just dropping off medication. It was just a quick errand it wasn't really like I was introducing it to her.
Speaker 5: Why you monster?
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, I know that your friend Sarah was really hurt, but like we deal with so much dating on this show, that ghosting just seems like the normal way that people get out of things these days. I don't think she should have maybe taken it so personally.
Speaker 6: Guys are just playing us all all the time, and they're playing games and they you know, we felt like, let's get this one back already.
Speaker 4: Sarah, and you have done.
Speaker 1: But I'm also interested. Yeah, Chad just happened to be the wrong place at the wrong time.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can kind of see what Samantha is saying here, because I kind of would like to play a little bit of a game with you, a game.
Speaker 5: Of would you like to go out with Chad one more time?
Speaker 6: I would rather I would rather split my eyelids with razor blade.
Speaker 5: That's so dark if Chad, are you into that or.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Honestly, it just seems like she's so really angry because of what happened with Sarah, and honestly, at this point, I just it doesn't seem like it's going to work out.
Speaker 6: Okay, man, Oh you think you think, oh.
Speaker 5: You didn't answer, like he's the one being asked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never know who you're ghosting too.
Speaker 5: I guess, yes, Chad.
Speaker 3: Now you know, if a girl in the future ever says that she wants to hang out with you more.
Speaker 5: And really likes you. Red flag. Someone's trying to get three of this date. It must be awf.
Speaker 6: And you know what else? Say you're gonna call the person. Don't say that you liked them and you had a great time.
Speaker 3: She's trying to drag us into our ten of this song came, we appreciate your time, Ante, We'll let you go, thank you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It used to be that dating apps were scary, like, oh my gosh, is this rando gonna like show.
Speaker 5: Up and murder me or whatever?
Speaker 3: Totally, but nowadays it's like, oh my gosh, is this person gonna waste all my money and time and.
Speaker 1: A revenge a lot and.
Speaker 3: Then ghost me afterwards and laugh about it with their friends on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't believe there's so few options on dating apps that you run into the same people or people that your friends have dated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how awful.
Speaker 3: My friend's hitting me up, Like, dude, your girlfriend is still yeah show Yeah. This whole thing just really is not a great advertisement for all the matchmaking apps out there. But I guess this is what's happening right now, Oh Boy, And you can hear more of our second date updates. You can find them wherever you get your podcasts. They're on Spotify, Apple. We also put them up on YouTube, so go check them out, subscribe Approok and Jeffrey