Speaker 1: Hello the internet. Hello, fine, hello here we are.
Speaker 2: Am I back. Sorry you have to start over again.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I was going to be like, hell, hell, it's not working, but I.
Speaker 3: Saw you tapping the mic. I'm like, that's a that's a mute button issue.
Speaker 1: But unfortunately I cannot go back where only the backspace key is broken on this podcast.
Speaker 4: My name is Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 1: I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles. Yes, and we are pleased to be joined as.
Speaker 3: Ever by our superproducer.
Speaker 2: And hey, I mean, I think you don't need to call me superproducer anymore.
Speaker 4: I definitely do.
Speaker 2: Not work on this podcast.
Speaker 3: But you're not a super producer. You are super produce association. I mean, because now you work on like the cool shows.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah, I know, yeah, we worked the.
Speaker 2: Other first together.
Speaker 1: Bowen Yang is hours first. Whenever I see him in the hallway, I say that with my eyes. Thirty rock, Yeah, yeah, just in the iHeart offices. In this hypothetical world where all the podcasts like same high school, you're thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you dresses like an NBC page just to like get in there and like all right, it's not like here again.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Security guy here again.
Speaker 4: Oh it's so good to have you back.
Speaker 2: I'm doing swell. Thank you for we.
Speaker 1: Still watching streaming stuff? Are you still into that stuff for what?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know I do watch TV?
Speaker 1: Okay, sick threatening me?
Speaker 2: I yeah. I will say I kind of fell off briefly because I was traveling a lot, and so, you know, I was just watching a lot of movies on airplanes.
Speaker 1: He briefly became that person who's like, I don't have a TV because I'm too busy being successful.
Speaker 2: I'm not a play with TV. But I was watching a lot of stuff on my phone, which was becoming sort of maniacal in a way because I was just, you know, you no like television, Like I was just everything on my phone, like to a point where you know, like you have your phone out and someone starts talking to and you're sort of looking down.
Speaker 1: Like make conversation. You're like hold on, hold on, hold on?
Speaker 3: What you mean like would you just bust the phone out like while hanging with people?
Speaker 2: No, but I would be like a like a restaurant or like not a restaurant, Like I'll be like a bar grabbing runch or something. I got a hotel or something and getting drinks and I'll start up just be watching housewives on my phone and then the bartender's like trying to make conversation and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, yeah, you're just pointing your phone.
Speaker 2: You're like, kills my dude, what's that? Pulling my airbot out? Like sorry please, but you do it.
Speaker 3: So obvious, like you turn your head ninety degrees and you're like a, oh no, sorry, no, I don't need a refill ayah, I was listening.
Speaker 2: I feel like, oh sorry I was. I'm just watching my phone. And then I wait for them to be like okay, oh sad lady, who's here? And I'm like, I'll have another martini. They're like it's noon, so anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bar's not open yet.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where you got the first one, but that's happened.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sling up to the hotel bar and you're they're like, we don't open for like another two hours.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, Like it was like a bunch of PM and I really I needed a strong after a certain recording at a Salt Lake City here. They were like, the bar doesn't open for like another few hours.
Speaker 3: And I was like, what, okay, Well, this is like a fucking emergency.
Speaker 1: But you're here and I see the bar behind and I was like, I have.
Speaker 2: To go, like walk down the street to a real bar, Like what is happening?
Speaker 1: Anyways, enough fucking around. This is the year end episode where we go through, Uh, this is a scientific process. We go through the best in TV, the best in movies. On A has watched everything. We've just nearly everything. Just watched a lot, a decent amount, A decent amount. She has watched a decent amount, and uh on her phone while being interrupted by.
Speaker 5: Bartimelane, man, could you stop watching poor things surrounded by children?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I just watched down on the screen, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Just watch follow up to that, and it has a very explicit sudden group sex scene out of nowhere that Yeah, do you do you watch that on the plane?
Speaker 3: Do you do like a panicked screen cover or like, oh that's exit, I'm exiting.
Speaker 1: I'm exiting.
Speaker 2: No, I keep watching and I look at the kids directly in the eyes, and I say, back the fuck up, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Yes, Actually, you looking at me doing this is kind of perverse. You're the perverse.
Speaker 3: I like back the fuck up, Like you don't want to share, like, back the fuck up.
Speaker 1: This is my little screening of poor things, all right, uh Anna, do you want to kick us off by telling us some televised examples of prestige casting, because that's really what this is about.
Speaker 3: It's about the casting, it's about how the people brought it to life.
Speaker 1: In this context, you explain what the prestige casting is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's simply no way to describe what prestige casting is. Guys. It's just sort of like what I decide is prestige in my mind, without any explanation whatsoever. Said, Yeah, I was like, that's sort of what prestige casting is. It's just sort of an award system I created in my heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Every once in a while, you will hit the group chat with and that's prestige casting, tell us about so, and then tell us something that's prestige casting.
Speaker 2: I hit the group chat. No one responds.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh no, it's another prestige casting again.
Speaker 2: I hit you with the funniest tweet I've seen in a month, and you got No one responds.
Speaker 1: That's was it? The one with the pea drinking.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a fucking classic too classic, U banger, come at me like, Okay, did respond to that one? Because you have respect for the majesty of the doctor drinking your tea behind the scenes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's really dig for twenty Oh man, it's really because I start laughing for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: It's really the image, the photograph, the relish, the absolute relish with which the doctor is.
Speaker 2: Hilaration, the way he's about to just be like.
Speaker 1: A grand conspiracy, his moment of pure bliss.
Speaker 2: I've never done a peek like in a cup testing without being like.
Speaker 4: Sip on this.
Speaker 1: Someone's about to make out.
Speaker 2: About to enjoy the ship.
Speaker 1: Someone thirsty, you say as you hand it over. Uh, let let us get into what man from What are some shows that you thought are examples of prestige cast game?
Speaker 2: The doctor piss drinking name is legendary anyway. Okay, Yeah, so TV Prestige Casting Awards, I have you know a couple I wanted to give out. First. One goes to all the women of We Are Lady Parts. If you guysn't seen that show on Peacock, incredible they drop season two this year. I cried every episode because it's so good.
Speaker 1: We Are Lady Parts is number one on my list of TV shows. I can't believe I didn't watch this year.
Speaker 3: I watch Stupid the first episode until being terribly distracted by the baby, but I did just that emergence of the band's second wife fellas.
Speaker 1: I know, this feels like this version.
Speaker 2: Of themselves they lose their I just gonna say, like they write so well of like how I don't know, just like the millennial experience of like being in a punk band and also just being a woman and being Muslim, and I just think they really nail it. And they also write incredible music for this show, so it's just every song as a banger and you're having a good time.
Speaker 3: Have they won any awards for like the actual compositions yet or that's just kind of a sort of added value thing.
Speaker 1: We're like, these are actually the tracks also kind.
Speaker 4: Of rock within the group.
Speaker 3: Who are who's like the biggest stand I mean, I get as an ensemble because like they're all together so great, but.
Speaker 1: Who who who pulled out your heart the most? Between everyone?
Speaker 2: I means, go, I just want to shout out on John Avasan, Sara Camilla, Impi, Juliette motamed, Lucy Shorthouse faith i'm ade, I mean Juliette Motamed as the drummer who's just like so agro it is really great, Lucy Shorthouse who literally is wearing uh Burca the whole time and just acts with her eyes literally like just incredible work. Like the amount of emoting she does without being able to show like any part of her body is incredible. And then on Johnavasan, the main character, who is just so funny, like her getting there so uninch in the most hilarious way, like she's just trying so hard to be like a good Muslim girl and then just like fully casually breaking out of that at every instance and then being like sh that she did anyway, great show. I recommend there's like.
Speaker 3: A Malala use of side came to Malala use.
Speaker 2: Shows up in a music video crazy just prestige. They have a really good song about Malala. We have complicated feelings about Olmalala, but look whatever she did the cameo and that's respectful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get the cameo, You get the cameo.
Speaker 2: Get the cameoe.
Speaker 1: This also made a bunch of people's year end lists. Not that that fucking matters, But uh it did. It only needs to make this year endless.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the one.
Speaker 1: This is obviously the true uh reward for the art the Prestige Casting Awards.
Speaker 3: Wait, what's so the next thing you have here is say nothing, Say I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I know what that is.
Speaker 2: Now, let me tell you was obsessed with Irish history for this show to fucking drop into my A few years ago, I read this book. Oh shit, I was like, this sh is cruising. And then I went to Northern Ireland and I was on a crazy I spoke to a man at the bar in detail. This guy, first of all, couldn't understand a goddamn word. He was saying, what, let me tell this Northern Irish accents? The whole time I was like, yeah, yeah, sorry saying it.
Speaker 1: Did you write that down?
Speaker 2: But the more I drank, the more I could understand him. Isn't that crazy anyway, that's a real thing. The more I drank more, I was like, these Irish people don't even have accents and we're just normal people. Drunk, I was like, yeah, I get it, But he was telling me wild stuff about Northern Island that's still happening to this day. So I've always sort of been interested in that history in the IRA and resistance and all that, you know, good stuff, and so when this show dropped, Oh, I was hyped. Yeah, it's about the troubles in Northern Ireland and like the what do you think this is?
Speaker 3: And then the IRA A you know, one ethnic accent, it's the one ethnic accent.
Speaker 1: He gets to do.
Speaker 4: I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did just finish watching this and I was saying to Miles on a recent episode that, like, my wife was very happy when it was done because it meant that I would stop with the goddamn accents in her words, not mine. Yeah, it's so good though, I love.
Speaker 2: Saying it's so good. And here's the thing. What what is more hilarious than Irish politician Jerry Adams denying to this day that he was involved in the IRA. I'm sorry really that his commitment? Yeah, so much evidence.
Speaker 1: You were involved, like ran for a long time.
Speaker 2: Sorry bro, but you yeah, like you start up ran the IRA and you're gonna sit there and be like, that's so crazy. Who said that? I don't know, Wait, Lives of Atlanta, who's that that?
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 3: Did you did you were you a member of the IRA leadership, Candy, are you a Lisian dead?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Sohilarious, Like they have to put a disclaimer at the end of every episode that's like Jerry is still denying there's ship. But anyway, great show, really well done. I thought they did a really uh great job portraying the Price Sisters legends. Dude, the way they did not give a fuck, Like the lawyers like, don't say anything, and they're like, we stand by everything we did, you know, forever.
Speaker 1: They're like, let me turn this ship up real to be from like a.
Speaker 2: Full on IRA, a family where your parents are like do it for the cause, ye like you'll just raise bomb, let's make bombs.
Speaker 1: I truly did not know all this ship about, uh, the IRA and what the troubles were. And it was very much girls, very very good show. Some great performances that I think, Anna, you're gonna call out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to shout out Lola Petty Crew who plays Dolores Dolorous Deloress Irish names dolars.
Speaker 1: It's like they spelled it the way that Irish people pronounced Dolores. Just like the last syllable uh just went from Dolores to Dolores.
Speaker 2: The other vowel anyway, the O L O U R S.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought Anthony Boyle as young Brendan.
Speaker 4: The Dark, the Dark, what a name? Uh?
Speaker 1: This guy also very handsome, dude. Uh Dark, It's just isn't that good. He's just called the dark and they just call him the dark.
Speaker 3: This is the US, it would be like, yeah, he's like he kind of got a tan, so I call him the dark.
Speaker 1: Yes, mostly I think he has dark hair.
Speaker 4: He has dark hair. Yeah, he's the one with the dark hair.
Speaker 3: Dark ship Alight, he's into some dark ship like that part too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's out.
Speaker 2: Here planning bombings and you know, transferring guns. And he moved, Yeah, he moves the dark. And then Josh Finan. I don't know who plays Jerry Adams great character.
Speaker 1: Young Jerry Adams or does he play both Jerry Adams.
Speaker 2: I think he plays only young Jerry Adams.
Speaker 1: The aging of the characters. They do a really solid job with that. I will say like that seems to be a skill that they've gotten better at, is like casting between ages overall the Irish, I mean, in particular, they seem to've gotten better.
Speaker 3: What do you mean just the act, the act, the casting you're saying was better.
Speaker 1: Like in between, it's like yeah, like the young guy has a mustache and so does the old version. You know, it's like it's almost the real people.
Speaker 3: They're up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, I thought they great, great job all around. Okay, let's go on to Fargo. You may have seen season five this year. It's been a minute, but it was out the John ham season as they call it. And look, everyone gonna be like, aren't you going to give prestige casting to John ham No?
Speaker 4: Fuck that.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen a man be so excited to play a fucking like right wing like? I was like, this guy is like to play this character and it's.
Speaker 1: He basically played Elon Musk on The Morning Show and then like a Trump sheriff on Fargo. This year.
Speaker 2: It was like don like everything about it. I was like, stop, you're doing too much. You should have turned this role down.
Speaker 3: I'm getting turned off by John hamm ever since he turned into comedy guy.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, dude, I've had enough of this guy. But I haven't said that.
Speaker 3: I saw the first two seasons of Fargo and I thought they were great, but now there's three more to catch up with.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on. You could skip four. So I want to shout out, do you know Temple? Do you know a Temple like her character?
Speaker 7: Is what?
Speaker 2: Oh see? Victor said skip for too, because Victory everybody, And that's why we worked there, because he's brainwashed by me to say season four Fargo. That's sort of a thing. If you work, you say watch season what I say, I literally will fire your god, I will send you packing. Thank you Victor, and is always.
Speaker 5: Been and it is always right, so good that tattooing Victor Yeah says skip season for as far, always on his forehead. And that is my producer, Victor. We love him.
Speaker 1: Wait, but Juno Temple, you know playing English?
Speaker 4: Isn't she in this? Yeah? And is she playing?
Speaker 2: That's even more incredible because that's what I'm saying, she's playing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is I think she's or she does a good job on Yeah. No, she's definitely from She's from, She's English.
Speaker 3: I know that tell The one thing I can contribute to this conversation London, I think based on okay, want.
Speaker 2: Something like horse chest tire map.
Speaker 1: Of course, Chess seems Britaint.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that sound like a real place?
Speaker 1: Sure you writing horse chest Shire, Ham.
Speaker 3: Yeah, born and raised, no accent, born and raised, raised, you know me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Her and Ted Lasso and then along came Fargo and she's incredible tour de force. Uh all around ausome in.
Speaker 2: That show Poor Day Force. You're right, she is a tour day force. She's so funny. The accent work incredible. You love to hear it. Also, Lamar and Morris, Yeah, my God performed lifetime good. Yeah yeah, Lamonnaissance he will did he win for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? God? Damn Anne.
Speaker 2: Okay, you welcome to the world. God.
Speaker 3: I was only waiting to see if if Maya won an Emmy that day, so I was like, ah did she wouldn't know?
Speaker 1: All right? Show they won everything?
Speaker 2: They won everything. Also, so Risha Morjani originally from uh not originally from, but maybe most known from Never have I ever on Netflix great showy. She just plays the other cop who teams up with Lamar Norris, also doing incredible accent work all around. Everyone is doing so well.
Speaker 1: I really thought they were gonna end up together. I was hoping they would. Her ex boyfriend the the reveal of when.
Speaker 4: Her Cucus Gage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lucas Gage. Her husband is just like a great you know when like a show just like really explores the studio space with like a douchebag character that it's like literally somebody they know, and like he just practices golf in his garage all day. And then there's like this one reveal where they like pull back and he has like seven different imagined dragons posters.
Speaker 3: Thing that reminds me when we were hanging out a while back and you're asking if I had seen the latest season of Hacks, and your mere description of one of the characters fucking killed me to the point where you had accurately described enough. I felt I saw it and then didn't watch the season of it was a thing about like wasn't it about Indian food or like big mod which.
Speaker 2: I'm going a shot at Jane Adams character in Hacks where she's like she's like obsessed with like Indian food and culture because she got she got like a roommate that's like an Indian woman or like an Indian student, and that's like all she talks about to her daughter the entire Christmas episode and she's like she's like there's literally you guys just describing TV at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, this is broken into tears.
Speaker 2: I had an eyebinders characters being like, you're kind of like clearly appropriating Indian culture, like it's kind of starting to become quite problematic. And she's like, well, what do you mean, like just because I'm wearing this bindi and she's like, you're not wearing a bindi and she's like, where'd my by go? Character thought wearing a bit. Just the suddenness of that.
Speaker 3: Kills the season solid though overall this is the latest one the Hacks.
Speaker 2: Oh, I really enjoyed it. Let's get to hack and shout out Kitlyn Olson, who had this incredible sort of she she does a roast episode and they do it a roast of Deborah what's her name something, Yeah, Deborah Messing. And I'm just joking whatever. The main character Vance Vance, Deborah Vance, And so Caitlyn Olsen's character is talking to Hannah Einbinder and she's like, I don't like what about f I have like a tagline at the end of every joke, right, you know, And of course I'm about to offend everyone, but where I say what a cunt? Her like, yeah, don't do that, that's crazy. And then at the actual roast, she starts doing it at the at the end of every joke and it fucking destroys and Hannah the whole time just looking around like what the anyway? Kaylin Olsen gets an word just for saying what a cunt, of course, and then Paul w Downs and Meg Stalter incredible, those two together are so funny.
Speaker 1: Yes I remember, I think so, yeah, probably yes.
Speaker 2: But he is one of our great comedy writers and actors.
Speaker 1: So funny, yeah, incredible. Of course.
Speaker 2: Jane Adams, who plays hand Eye Binder's mother, just in that episode, the Christmas episode alone with her as something like do we have any chim cherry? They're like no, Like why are you asking that?
Speaker 3: She's such a good her character is so good for that kind of thing because she's kind of got this like like she's like you can tell there's like an uncertainty about her, like with the characters that she plays generally, so he had to map that onto like problematic white lady appropriator, annoying character.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, this is gonna fucking kill me.
Speaker 2: All right, nobody wants this. I just want to give a shout out, because you know, everyone's like Adam Brady. Yeah, we've known Adam Brodie has been like cool since the o C or whatever the fuck he was doing. But let's give some love to Michael.
Speaker 1: Hitchcock, uh playing the dad, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who plays the gay dad so funny in the show. He's really a revelation. Not enough attention paid to him. He should have gotten more screen time because every time he's on screen he is making me laugh so hard. Like him and his partner room like think partner's a therapist but also like really problematic in his own way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, did you like nobody wants this?
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I liked it more than I thought I was going to.
Speaker 2: The episode made me cry laugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, where he was like trying too hard.
Speaker 2: He simply brings the flowers and then he says something like god, I forget what it is. He says something in Italian and she immediately cuts the ick and I was like so perfectly, And then the slow motion.
Speaker 1: Of him that's the spicy meat the Ball movie or something like that, Yeah, yeah, ship, and.
Speaker 2: Then they have him singing it in slow motion in her face, and.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand that episode because I thought what he did was cool.
Speaker 2: Like a sport coat with a hoodie and shorts.
Speaker 1: This is Michael Hitchcock's character.
Speaker 2: No, No, she gets the she gets a shick from him in an episode, which is really funny.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess break them.
Speaker 3: Sport coat hoodie with shorts is definitely a fucking energy Yeah.
Speaker 2: Very funny. Okay, mister and missus Smith. I mean, obviously Maya gotta give Prestige casting shout out incredible work. And then also Parker Posey and Wagner Mora showing up.
Speaker 1: For one really Smith, Yeah, they were really good. Yeah, wa more.
Speaker 3: I'm it's it's interesting to watch him go from him like dude, you were Escobar and Narcos and now kind.
Speaker 2: Of be like yo, I'm I'm I'm fucking losing wins tow towards this episode.
Speaker 4: So get ready. O.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: The movie he was in, which I think was like true to life, but he was just like kind of a little like sleepy and like.
Speaker 2: How is it in your life? Explain I've never seen it?
Speaker 4: Did you not know?
Speaker 2: No? I know, I.
Speaker 1: Know chill, Like a lot of people expect him to be as like big, like scarface type person. Pablo is super chill now. I was just like his first role that I found out about, Wagner Mora from It was just like a lower energy role and so him coming in like flying in mister and Missus Smith. He was like, oh shit, this dude has like a lot of fun with range. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I just remember the thing that a lot of people, like I get the one criticism people were like, he's Brazilian and he's playing a Colombian and his Spanish isn't. I'm like, come on, like to us, we are ignorant, And I thought he was a great Pablo Escobar.
Speaker 2: Wait, he's Brazilian. Stripped all awards, yeah, against Brazilians specifically, we.
Speaker 1: Should we should take a quick break. Sorry, we're we're deep and haven't taken a break. We're gonna take a break. We're gonna come back.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do.
Speaker 1: A few more TV shows and the movie Prestige Casting Awards. On this Prestige Casting episode of the Dailies, I guess we'll be right back, and we're back. We're back rounding out.
Speaker 4: TV.
Speaker 1: Watched more than I thought I watched this year. I know me too. I had a little bit of round.
Speaker 3: I think actually a lot of them too, are bi osmosis, from things like telling me that's all dude, I love that part in Hack so like, that's one episode that's.
Speaker 1: A meme I shared with you.
Speaker 3: All right, I didn't see it, but when that doctor drinks the pea my favorite scene.
Speaker 2: Talk dude, let me tell you, enjoying the ship out of it?
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 2: What? Who else? Who else?
Speaker 1: Gets an award? He is saying, And that meme he is saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, cannot wait to get my taste.
Speaker 3: But it's basically the facial version of someone rubbing their hands together.
Speaker 1: Yeah up, everybody knows me.
Speaker 3: No, it's better out of context for people think we've fully just lost our grip, which we kind of have, so enjoy.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. I'll post the meme on my Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah many days. Well just yeah, until that ship.
Speaker 2: On my profile. I have to because it's funny and you guys are going to be like, oh, she's unwell anyway, Okay, moving on the penguin Kristin Miliotti, Okay, let's just say the haircut alone.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 4: I won't.
Speaker 2: I won't give it to what's his name farrel.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean we expect that. So he's it's fifteen.
Speaker 2: Hours in a makeup chair to look like that trying to hard. Okay, the perfect couple. Nicole Kidman's wigs.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, her hair look like these days? Do we think it's fragile? I think I feel like it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a there's apparently there's a reason why is gone is gone. But her wig game, her wig game is impeccable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait, so is she rocking a bunch of different wigs?
Speaker 2: No? Just the wig in that show specifically is just wild to all the wigs of the sort of nicol An era. I always say. I realized I did not watch the last episode of that series.
Speaker 1: Weird. I didn't either, but I found out from my wife what happened, and I should go back.
Speaker 2: And watch it because I was literally going through Netflix when I was like coming up with this list to remember what I watched, and it is like the last episode just never watched, and.
Speaker 1: That's the sign of a good mystery show.
Speaker 2: I was like, you gotta go anyway, all right, Agatha all along. Of course, we have to give our love to Catherine On for the Hanaissance Patty loopone.
Speaker 1: Yeh, where'd you come from?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know. I didn't know if she was an actor. She's a maid. Much love, incredible.
Speaker 1: Word, Yes, sure was great.
Speaker 2: Uh the gentleman m James, Wow, could you be any more attractive? You fucking weird British?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's scared.
Speaker 2: You come into older White Lotus and then continue to make it. Did you see the Time Decisions? No? I will not watch that. Yeah, it seems stupid or movie.
Speaker 3: I know that's that's when he first showed up because and then I think her Massy and I watched it just because of the book, and then like, what the fuck is this do the dude fell in love with a little girl, Like, well it's time travel And I'm like, all right.
Speaker 4: He's the dude.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's the dude.
Speaker 1: Child. Well it's like he meets his wife from back in time. Yeah, it's very That's enough of that. I so again, this is another person who I want to who I just want to kiss on the mouth. No, he his energy is so different from the Gentleman to or from White Lotus season two where he plays like the American asshole to the Gentleman that I didn't clock at first that it was him. I was, that's and that's I take.
Speaker 2: On anything I've ever heard in my life really not recognized. First of all, I have I literally about to go tell you fund yourself. I have no first of all, tell my boss to go football?
Speaker 1: Do you remember? I think I just have a really good memory because I remember in uh season two he has American accent, a gentleman.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's not American.
Speaker 3: So more, what's more forgivable the fact that I didn't realize it was Jillian uh Anderson playing thatcher in the Crown. I didn't realize that that had a lot of makeup.
Speaker 1: This was just a haircut for me.
Speaker 2: Watching exactly the same. I'm not even comment on that because the Crown, I was that was the.
Speaker 3: Last time I had one of those moments you're watching, go yo, that's that person.
Speaker 1: And then I remember from.
Speaker 2: Challengers, which playing that little fucking.
Speaker 1: Charles Oh right, oh wait.
Speaker 2: See what I mean? Ye recognize anyone from the Crown. The Crown is supposed to be, Like the fuck are all these new actors they brought in out of nowhere? And then all said, little by little, he starts to being like oh oh god, oh.
Speaker 1: Geez, hold ship.
Speaker 2: Every twenty seconds you're like, oh, that's Olivia Coleman. Yo, right right right, Josh O'Connor plays King Charles or Prince Charles.
Speaker 1: I just didn't. I mean, all I had to do was think of the two things.
Speaker 3: And go, that's the same guy, the little rat faced guy.
Speaker 2: Uh huh yeah, rat face boy.
Speaker 4: Shit, all right, he cast two rat faces.
Speaker 1: I know that was it was the ear of the rat.
Speaker 2: We got to give some love to Daniel Ings, I don't know how to say his last name, who plays the brother in The Gentleman, a hinged character work like. I was moved by his behaviors, just the coked out, out of his mind older brother who just cannot get his shit together.
Speaker 3: Of course he should play Hunter Biden in a comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like he would cry kind of like we was doing.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 3: I would pay to see Daniel Ings play under Biden in some movie.
Speaker 2: Just end. This is a thought I just had, and it's gonna get stolen because you know how IP is out there. I remember that Bob Dylan movie where they had like twenty different people play Bob Dylan, including Kate Blanchette or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they should do that.
Speaker 2: But with Hunter Biden, I would watch the ship out of that movie. There's like twenty different actors playing Hunter Biden, like dix on it right, including Biden playing himself at one point. That would be oh my odd gentleman.
Speaker 1: By the way, is lock talking too smoking lockstocks and too smoking barrels? Guy guy Ritchie doing a like TV show that I think is happening my favorite example of somebody locktop.
Speaker 2: Everyone's just like, what is the side you're doing right now?
Speaker 1: I don't know what gentleman is we're talking about.
Speaker 2: In his own biopic right now with twenty other actors, and you're gonna do that? Okay?
Speaker 1: Anyway? I like that, all right. The movie she was describing as I'm not there, I'm not there is the film.
Speaker 3: In that Hunter Biden version, everon plays I feel like at one point Natasha Leone also plays Hunter Biden just because yeah, what are you talking about that?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that smoke a little.
Speaker 3: Rock, let's smoke a little frigging crack. What's the final Let's give a final TV award.
Speaker 2: Out Nathan Fielder in the Curse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was this year. Yeah, it was like a fun.
Speaker 1: I'm so fucking spun arounds.
Speaker 2: They have also been this year, and I just don't remember.
Speaker 3: The Rzel is definitely not my guy. Okay, yeah, because I remember. I remember you gave you gave your Prestige Casting Award to his teenage son.
Speaker 1: I remember. I think that year. You're a fucking disaster, my guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that guy, that kid's gonna win an Auscar.
Speaker 1: Curse premiered on Showtime in November twenty twenty three, but ended in twenty twenty four. Ended in twenty twenty four. Okay, all right, that tracks.
Speaker 2: Wait what it started in twenty twenty three. There's no fucking way. I don't even believe that.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's I was shocked. I was like, oh, that makes sense. It started at the end of the year but finished this year.
Speaker 1: That was such a surreal fucking show. Wacky show, but I really really enjoyed it. Wow, he is boy what anybody right now? Maybe he's doing a rehearsal on us. You wouldn't even know.
Speaker 2: The Chinese created.
Speaker 1: Gunpowder Gunpowder.
Speaker 4: That ship.
Speaker 1: The first episode of that might be the best episode of TV ever made. Yeah, because you just can't believe it. Yeah, I'm still remember.
Speaker 2: That Girls Like Things to Do in New York blog anyway, Cheap Chick in the City. Really, the way that shit escalated.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I wanted to just interject here to say I haven't watched it. You're welcome. Uh movies, is.
Speaker 3: It time for Wagner Mora to get claim another award?
Speaker 2: So I want to give Okay. I felt like there was so much like sort of like discourse if you will, about civil war. And then you know, I watched it eight years later, as I always do with every movie that everyone's like, you have to watch on an airplane m hm, as you do in two parts because the plain landed and I had to wait.
Speaker 1: For another next fight, and you're like, I think right around here, maybe, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's literally exactly what happened.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 2: I actually I fire Cral correctly. I was going to and from the US Open. But anyway, I felt like there was so much sort of like talking, oh you know how people talk.
Speaker 4: Table, like what is he doing?
Speaker 1: Whose side is he on? Impression on me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I was just like, Okay, I guess this movie is gonna be odd and then I watched it and I was like, I didn't I enjoyed it. I didn't hate that. I really liked the sort of photo journalist angle from it all. I love the Christine. Christine looks like playing like a just sort of like jaded Hue, that's my name. I've seen every war crime, you know, like that ergy, You're like, okay, girl, go to therapy or maybe like retire. This seems like it's killing you. Your vibes are dismal anyway, So the Civil War, you know, it's like okay, and you have like Nick Offerman like talking in to him here like great states off I don't know what I honestly, here's the thing. No idea how anything was split up, or who was on whose side, or any details about what the Civil War was about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they kind of made it opaque there. It was hard to follows.
Speaker 2: Civil America whatever the they were saying, right, something about Florida being bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, not not on my team, not not in my world. Who's got weed? That's how do we know that? Like what part of the Civil you if you're Asian, like, was the plembing scene was fucking sinister?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was great Okay, Yeah, I thought it was great, and I thought Watch Morrow was really great in it. I thought he had like a great sort of like scary sort of.
Speaker 4: Like I've seen it all, but don't actually quite.
Speaker 2: Chill because I drink. And then Dunce, who's being like.
Speaker 1: You know, idage to this life?
Speaker 6: Trust me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Then the other guy anyway, the other guy anyway, so enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Just like everyone.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it, but everyone who's seen it is just kind of like finishing each other's sentences like looks and like all that.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, I remember that the twists. No, I have such a backlog of movies, like.
Speaker 2: Why are you on a flight soon? You're not taking a flight? You movie? Oh?
Speaker 1: Also, it's with a little baby.
Speaker 3: It's impossible to watch a movie because half the time I'm just like trying to keep him from tap dancing all over my stomach.
Speaker 1: He needs constant attention. Like he's not at that age I can be like play.
Speaker 3: Your little a video game like I used to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's still still so rude.
Speaker 2: Why would you tell that baby to play his little video game like that?
Speaker 1: Because that's what I was told.
Speaker 2: Okay, next up, Next up, anyone but you we really just have to give now you're all like the hot guy what's his name? Glenn Pal, Glen Pal, No, Glen.
Speaker 1: I remember when we did this. Great, Yeah, we did this.
Speaker 2: I remember to Joe Davidson, who plays the Australian boyfriend Bo.
Speaker 1: The swimming scene is one of my favorite. Yeah, just great review.
Speaker 2: The outdoor shower scene, just like butt as naked, like whacking what's his name with his dick? His character one of the greatest sort of comedic characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, per comic relief character.
Speaker 2: The swimming scene is the fastest swimmer well man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how they do it, all right?
Speaker 2: And then Fall Guy, of course we have to give it to Ryan Gosling.
Speaker 1: Just I did not see it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I watched on a plane and great, he's just great. Okay, Ryan Gosling is just great. He's so funny, He's so Brian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's so Ryan's just so Ryan gos was of that's so raven, that's so Ryan. Enjoying Fall Guy. Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: When it came question, have you guys seen Twisters?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Should I watch it?
Speaker 1: Sam Miles actually has an interesting insight into this one.
Speaker 2: Should I watch it? On a plane. Answer my question.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, perfect time to watch it because so many people are just getting sucked off right into the sky inexplicably and.
Speaker 1: Just got sucked off, sucked off into the sky into the Twisters.
Speaker 2: Anything about the watch.
Speaker 3: H I was I think I watched it on Naughty.
Speaker 1: America, but maybe it was a different thing.
Speaker 3: No, but Twisters is like the perfect like middle of the road just summer movie where it's like, it's not it's kind of saying something and not saying anything at the same time, and.
Speaker 8: It's like maga Yeah, it's like maga coded, but not fully like it's sort of like the elegance of that where it just goes straight down the middle where it's like not enough to put people.
Speaker 3: On either side of the political spectrum off, which I'm like, wow, that feels like a perfect nineties mindless sort of you know, a fun adventure action movie, which because what it was, so yeah, I'll give it that, Okay.
Speaker 1: I won't even kiss. At the end, they're like, unless do you want us to?
Speaker 2: Or how about we.
Speaker 1: Break the fourth wall? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Should we? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just like I feel like, you guys don't even want to see it, and.
Speaker 2: Then Natasha bennings Field and the rest is in still unwritten. Unwritten. Yeah, I don't know anyone but you, anyone but you Glenn Powell Cinematic Universe sort of film. Yeah, moving on Challengers, of course, he has to give it to Mike Feiss, Josh O'Connor, the.
Speaker 4: Love Triangle En.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Holy just didn't include.
Speaker 1: Mike and Josh.
Speaker 2: It's called rat boys.
Speaker 1: You know, rat boys kiss.
Speaker 2: Rat boys kiss to techno?
Speaker 1: What if rat boys kissed each other? Though?
Speaker 2: What if boys kissed each other? Called me by your rat boy? Okay, cool, Gladiator. I would give it to Maya Kalamawi, but all her scenes were cut.
Speaker 1: Holy shit?
Speaker 2: Weird?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Wellhy could that have possibly been?
Speaker 1: What could happened? When you say something? I know?
Speaker 3: Either way it's it was her outspokenness on Palestine or suddenly it's like, oh that person's.
Speaker 2: She Actually she's Egyptian and Palestinian. She was the Egyptian but yeah, legend, dude. She's so good in Moonnight too. If you ever watch any of her like behind the scenes training for Moonnight Wild, Oh really, she is doing some stunts. Go on her Instagram and watch it. She's killing it. Okay. I want to give Thelma June squib Legend the movie.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, that's that's the old Lady adventure movie Watching on a plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, okay, I'm writing that down.
Speaker 2: I want to give Dev Patel Monkey Man great film. Really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Brand pointed out there was an unprecedented run of monkey movies. Earlier in the year. You had Monkey Man coming out around the same time as Planet of the Apes.
Speaker 2: There's a new Planet of the Apes every three months. Have you noticed that? Yeah, there's so many Planet of the Apes. Everyone's like, have you seen the new Planet of the Apes.
Speaker 4: I'm like, there's.
Speaker 1: Another which one? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, not that one.
Speaker 3: It's like three apes ago the new one.
Speaker 2: And they keep just twisting around like no, no, now the people are the apes. It's like, what is happening? Okay? Literally, that's like what someone told me.
Speaker 3: The ape entered the Olympic break dancing competition. But everyone was like why they're They're Australian and it.
Speaker 2: Clearly because her husband works there, you know. I was like, what what what anyway? Okay, the idea of you Anne Hathaway, hot mom baby, how could anyway.
Speaker 1: That the movie, what do you believe it?
Speaker 2: God, she's so disgustingly hot.
Speaker 3: Like, wasn't it just like her outfits really changed in that movie where suddenly they're like and now she's hot, and they were.
Speaker 2: Like jumped shit, like she's still hot. I don't get it really quickly. I don't know if you guys have seen Wicked, Jonathan Bailey is Jonathan Bailey are like brass sort of like ew no, is he b bd? That sucks?
Speaker 1: Dude? Bratt? Oh Brat, I was doing Brat.
Speaker 2: No, please don't do that. Bratt lost the election for us anyway, Okay.
Speaker 1: But that's what did it.
Speaker 3: That's what the d n C is probably saying. It was Bratt, wasn't anything else. It was Charlie x X and nothing else.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 2: I would say Jonathan Bailey is like our new sort of like uh, Gene Kelly, if you will like just this song and dance man who can and he's also can play like any sort of sexual orientation. We're like, I'd still fuck him. I don't know what he's doing and you're just and then he then he like does a backflip and you're like, I'm still gonna fuck him.
Speaker 1: Screaming.
Speaker 2: Then he's just like, I'm a broody Bridgeton and You're like, I'd still fuck him. And then he's like, I'm into horses. I'd still which Bridgerton is he He's like the older Bridgerton. He's the one that's all called Season one. Yeah, and then season two was about him.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Right down on his girl. I don't know. Briard's wild No.
Speaker 1: One was about pulling pulling out, like big pulling out, and they were like, he just doesn't trust and he's just like.
Speaker 2: He's so fat. He come inside me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's because of his abandonment issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because his dad was an asshole, so you can't come inside women whatever, Okay, And then I just really want to give a special shout out to the movie We Live In Time Prestige Casting Award goes to that carousel horse that live in Oh yeah, it was Andrew Garfield and Florence Pew and then that stupid horse, like.
Speaker 1: Crazy looking horse in the background of the movie coaster. Yeah you don't there's a meme though. No, I'm just I just pulled it up and I'm like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: It just was in the photo of like the first photo they released, and the like it's like them being like, we're love and then this horse like.
Speaker 1: Face is absurd.
Speaker 3: They have it busting through the door of the shining.
Speaker 2: By just the stupid horses face, Like, yeah, why did you choose this still? And who is a cinematographer that's like this is a relationship.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: They're like yeah, the cinematographers asking in the director like are you seeing this on the monitor?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A carousel the crop it.
Speaker 2: Is the stupid horse face. And it's like, oh, you've never been on Twitter.
Speaker 3: How often do you remember a horse's face from a carousel?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, all right back to one everyone.
Speaker 2: Never been on Twitter. We did was say what the fuck horse's face doing in this fucking still?
Speaker 4: Was that real?
Speaker 1: That wasn't added by the Internet?
Speaker 2: No, No, we were that good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We just take what you give me the Internet.
Speaker 2: We the Internet take what you give us, and we fucking beat it into.
Speaker 1: The oh Man.
Speaker 2: Face in the in the bed in that uh from the Godfather.
Speaker 3: I saw another one where it's Ripley in the shower from Alien where it's supposed to get.
Speaker 2: The work is incredible. We really have to commend. Yeah, there's one that's really funny where it's like, you know, the guy looking at the woman in the red shirt and then his girlfriend looking at him like how could you oh distracted by Yeah, it's the guy looking at the woman with the horsehead and behind him is the Australian break dancer, because that was like where they it.
Speaker 1: Came out at the time that we were all obsessed with Ray Gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh Shie casting awards, amazing awards.
Speaker 1: Amazing work by you watching all those shows and taking diligent notes. Miles, I know you have to go, but stick around. Just go over overall movies in for like ten minutes after the break.
Speaker 4: All right, I shall be the new Miles.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we will have a new Miles upon returning. Bye Miles, Bye bye Miles, and we're back and Miles fucked off.
Speaker 4: Fuck off?
Speaker 1: Remember that show that was cool? Anyways, we are or mudmouth, dead Deadwood, dead prison Deadwood.
Speaker 4: Said off a lot that would I'm pretty sure they did.
Speaker 1: That's Brian the editor. Yeah, there, what of it?
Speaker 4: What of it?
Speaker 1: Damn? I just thought you would come on the show and talk to us about some of the movies. You've seen this year movies. I like movies because you're a movie head like me, Right, you go movies over streaming?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm not too indistrial.
Speaker 1: You have to choose one anyways, Brian, do you have any categories that you want to give us some nominees, some winners for.
Speaker 4: I just want to shout out Madam Web because.
Speaker 2: I gave an award, a Prestige Casting Award for Dialogue to Madam Web. Yeah. I just want to say that.
Speaker 4: That movie was all sorts of things.
Speaker 7: It was not as bad as people said it was first off, but it had one of the greatest recurring renditions of someone doing CPR in the movie, which is very interesting, where they don't do any of the mouth stuff and they just sort of casually like gently us on your chest and it happens like six times in the movie.
Speaker 1: And it always brings the people back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's very funny how lazy the CPR is.
Speaker 4: In the movie, and it was cray.
Speaker 7: I had to stop the movie twice laughing at the CPR.
Speaker 4: So there was that best CPR.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the cut together of all the time she's just holding a can of pepsi that she won't open. Oh my god, I can look at that.
Speaker 7: I noticed a few times the Pepsi product placement was Mac and Me levels of crazy.
Speaker 2: Opens it she just plays with the lid like she's always she never.
Speaker 4: Her performance was also incredible.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 7: Almost a sarcastic, like annoyed kind of performance, like she realized what the movie was as she got to set and she's like, oh, well, I'm under contract now, so I.
Speaker 1: Have to do it acting now.
Speaker 7: It reminds me of Bill Murray's vibe when he does any movie these days, we're just say.
Speaker 4: Well, well I showed up. Okay.
Speaker 1: By the way, when you were saying about to open it on it, it sounded like you were getting sped up like that.
Speaker 4: It turned into.
Speaker 2: Because she'd never go watch the footage it's on. I keep doing this as if I'm like, but go watch it. It's crazy. There's like multiple scenes of her just holding a can like about to open it.
Speaker 1: Never's the just stand up in the middle of a screening fucking drink it.
Speaker 7: My favorite depiction of a diddy party in a film this year was Blink Twice, directed by Zoe Kravitz.
Speaker 4: That was an excellent movie.
Speaker 2: Question did the quick reviews ruin their relationship.
Speaker 4: What was it? What poor reviews?
Speaker 2: It didn't get great reviews, And then they broke up Kravits and oh my god, it's not Twitter. What is fucking happening that you guys don't know exactly what I'm talking about this.
Speaker 4: I'm not on Twitter.
Speaker 2: I'm jumping jumping off the So they broke up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Planny Tatum and Zoe Kravitz were together. Number one. I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: Uh what, No, I'm not Here's something everybody might not know about me.
Speaker 4: I'm not locked in just flip the table.
Speaker 2: What so?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well how about you know what. I'm not gonna do it. I always once is gonna going to tell you to go fund yourself.
Speaker 4: No, please please, I'm not gonna do it. Here and everything.
Speaker 2: They got engaged, and then the movie came out and then it got subpar reviews. Then they broke up.
Speaker 1: M You hate Juicy, Brian, You and I both saw and loved uh Acabsplitation film rebel Ridge.
Speaker 7: Yes, my my award for most Assaulted Police Officers in a film this year rebel Ridge. Previously this went to a malignant that came out a few years ago where they leveled an entire police station, but this.
Speaker 4: Year it's rebel Ridge. Loved it.
Speaker 7: Love seeing cops get their fucking ass is handed to them.
Speaker 1: And under part of terminator and terminator too also yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, anytime, anytime you're running up in a police station and just tearing it down, I'm interested.
Speaker 4: So that one where it goes to that.
Speaker 1: One, rebel Ridge is fun on if you don't mind action or.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what this movie is about. So it's like this guy is trying to get his friend out, but guys trying to get his friend out also a cop.
Speaker 1: No, no, he's a former military person who teaches the martial art for how to disarm people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like close quarters.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like to the military, to the military, know who they were dealing me.
Speaker 2: Someone who is in the military is not a cop.
Speaker 1: He's not in this case.
Speaker 2: He's a cop. Military is cop.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but he's more cop than the cops.
Speaker 2: Sure, if you know how to just arm someone, you're a coup.
Speaker 1: There's a good part where they like have him in a stand out, a standoff outside of the thing, and they like couldn't get his file because it's classified, and they're like, uh, I think I found that he's like an expert in this martial art and his picture is on the Wikipedia page for the martial arts, and then he preously.
Speaker 4: It is so dull but very enjoyable.
Speaker 7: It's almost like, you know, it's got this sort of that sort of feel of like like something Charles Bronson would do back in the day, where it's like he's this real. He doesn't want to beat everyone's but he's given. He doesn't want to, but he's given far. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and that that's that's the movie. Victor brought up. Dennis Quaid in the Substance. Holy shit, what a performance. It's so incredibly gross that I wanted to leave the theater almost immediately watching this man and eat shrimp. Watching Dennis blade eat shrimp in the substance is it's a it's a crime, It's it.
Speaker 1: Might be a war crime. Wow?
Speaker 4: Really gross.
Speaker 1: Love that It was a year of concert films. Obviously Eras came out this year, or maybe that was last year.
Speaker 4: The tour has been going on for like eighteen months, hasn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, impossible, no, yeah, but you what what was the best concert maybe you saw this.
Speaker 7: Year Trap m Night Shyamalan's Trap I'm a Lady Ravens stand was that?
Speaker 2: I heard it was unhinged?
Speaker 4: Should I say it was? Absolutely? It was like a moony.
Speaker 7: Plan cartoon level of logic infused throughout the film.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's on a plane. I was just on a plane where I could have watched it.
Speaker 4: It is a great plane airline.
Speaker 2: Fuck flies American. Sorry, I'm a Delta girl, so I'm gonna need that on Delta. Let me email Delta customer service. You know I'm go platinum, so this should work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. Only Award suggestion for most misleading title is face Off seven colon one wish, which I thought what I had missed the last five face Offs. But it turns out there's a franchise in Vietnam that's just like a family drama and it's called face Off and then star Cage, Yes starring Jodgea Wilton Nicholas Cage where they switch bodies.
Speaker 4: No they're not.
Speaker 1: It's just a Vietnamese like family movie like where they like just a total drama, heartwarming family movie that's called face Off, and uh, it has nothing to do with has nothing to do with it. Also, it's funny. I was just looking at the box office, and first of all, it ends with us pretty huge three hundred and fifty million globally. That was that like Blake Lively movie.
Speaker 2: That issues an abusive relationship and then gets out of it. I believe. I think I'm sorry if I just.
Speaker 1: A lot of drama around the release.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they tried to ruin that poor man's career. I don't even understand. I'm on no one's my mom's take on. It's just like so random.
Speaker 1: Also, I think America is getting more, uh like just fucked up because the movies that do well only in America are like Terrifier and Long Legs and Night Swim and like Conclave and like all these sorry not oh yeah, Conclave, which is like about the Pope, which I would have assumed wouldn't do well just in America, but like Americans, Legs and Horror and everyone else is like what do you guys? Children?
Speaker 4: Or did people like Long Legs?
Speaker 2: I liked it quite a bit, but my friend's review of it was just like, it's just trying to point out that old people are gross. Would you agree with that? BROB? But I don't like that, Like, apparently, like a horror aspect is like a really old person comes out.
Speaker 7: They're like, ah, I would ascribe that more to the film x by was it Tye West or whatever the fuck his name is with mi a Goth. That movie's about essentially how gross old people are.
Speaker 4: But no, I didn't. That wasn't my takeaway.
Speaker 2: That's sort of what horror films are is that you shouldn't have old people in general.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing I saw on TV this year was Everybody's In La. I loved that. I thought that was fun. The John Mulaney weird.
Speaker 2: Was it good? I watched the first episode and I was like, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Can see that it was. I just enjoyed it. I had some very funny moments, especially like the first episode. So if you weren't on board after the first episode, it's probably not your jam. But also the English teacher was really good. Enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: Oh, the English teacher very fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun. You could just like blow through it in a single night. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Did you like Alien Romulus?
Speaker 7: In the grand scheme of alien franchise films, it ranks somewhere in the middle for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, it was fine.
Speaker 7: Ultimately forgettable. Nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's like if you if you want to see somebody get marked by alien and.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you could do worse. There's really not much to say about it. It's an unremarkable film.
Speaker 1: I like the zero gravity stuff. That was fun.
Speaker 7: The zero gravity stuff was cool. It was kind of it made me. I was laughing a lot during that scene because it was so stupid. Yeah, but yeah, I like the guy screaming it's up in the water.
Speaker 4: I'm still like, it.
Speaker 1: Was impossible to understand.
Speaker 4: He was so much mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't seen The Substance yet.
Speaker 7: Take a couple of advil before you go, because that movie will give you a fucking headache.
Speaker 1: Which one the.
Speaker 7: Substance is it's about forty minutes too long, which isn't to say it's not good. It's just very It's a lot. It's a lot. It's like some re animator levels of absurdity when you get to the second half.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: The movie that I'm leaving this podcast feeling like I have to I must go see is The Substance. The TV show that I'm leaving this podcast thinking I need to go finish is the gentleman, because I still am not convinced that's actually THEO James. I think you're all lying to me and we are Lady parts, and we are lady parts. That's actually the one I need to see. Season one was great, looking forward to watch season two of We Are Lady Parts. An a Hose Nier, You've done it again, God damn it. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: I am actually you know what recently changed my Instagram handle?
Speaker 1: Uh oh, ladies.
Speaker 2: It is now it's no longer selling host because I feel like I've sold myself and it is now money Moves host.
Speaker 4: Nier, Money Moves host nie at.
Speaker 2: Money Moves Host on Instagram. That's right. Me and my friends had a bit of a writer's room sort of like brainstorm session about what I should change it to. I'm not even joking. We smoked some weed and this is where we.
Speaker 1: Ended up money Money.
Speaker 2: Moves Host Nier because we thought it was funny and it's a humor joke because I have no money, so uh that's I can laugh at that anyway. Secretly, I'm just like I have so much money, but uh yeah, I'm there on Instagram. If you want to follow me, I will post the doctor piss drinking meme. I'll put it my profile, honestly, or in my stories, we'll see.
Speaker 1: The first thing you should know about me. You're right doctors drinking in it.
Speaker 2: But I definitely happened in my stories every single day for the next year, so you will simply not.
Speaker 1: You'll not miss it.
Speaker 4: The joy.
Speaker 7: You guys can't see it because it's a podcast, but the joy on her face is palpful.
Speaker 1: Like a doctor about to drink my pea sample.
Speaker 2: I mean, technically I'm at Anna hosting on Twitter, but I don't really use my Twitter since the old doc thing, So you know, find me on Instagram. Money moves host me. Would love to talk to you, not really, but you know, follow.
Speaker 1: Me money Move. Brian the Editor, where can people find you?
Speaker 7: Everybody on the internet, stay your weird asses away from me? Jack, where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, thank you so much for asking met Jack underscore O'Brien on Twitter, Jack ob And then the number one on Blue Sky?
Speaker 2: Why dude, why Lucy?
Speaker 1: Why it.
Speaker 2: Be realistic? Like what's happening on Blue Sky? Realistic? Like, hey guys, we're on Blue Sky, Like come on there's happening on Blue Sky, and then what's happening on Twitter?
Speaker 1: Okay, there are two wolves inside of me, and one of them speaks like you are speaking right now, like people just vote?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Fair? Yeah, I do.
Speaker 7: Is the only the last place on the Internet that still makes sense.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's for people who say, her story, that's her story. Okay, that's what I'm talking about. Over that Blue Sky, I'm not I don't even have it because I don't have the energy to add another social media account to my life.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna just all the all the different accounts until they have blue Sky.
Speaker 2: That's the crazy thing is, like, why do you have blue Sky? You don't post, you don't respond to anything. I've never seen you.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of things. Oh I like a lot of just on Twitter.
Speaker 2: And please exactly yeah, a damn, please don't come for me over these Blue Sky takes. I really simply can't handle it.
Speaker 7: Oh, don't worry, none of this is making it into the show. This episode's going to be seventeen minutes long.
Speaker 2: Oh thank god, dude. You don't even understand how much I need that actually to be real?
Speaker 1: All right, Another year of Pressy's casting in the book, Thank you so much. On a host for joining, Thank you so much, Miles Gray of course, and Brian the editor Jan Brian, super producer Victor for time used to be on this episode who We were like, oh you want to be on? No, I would not. Thanks, I'm good over here.
Speaker 4: Immediately left the meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we did it. Congratulations. I hope everybody's having a great holiday and we'll see you soon with another year end episode. Talk to you later. Bye.
Speaker 2: F