Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, let make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. A Trumpian press conference for the Ages Great Way to Almost End twenty twenty four went for over an hour. We'll discuss what was in that. Also Eric Adams, is he going to get a pardon? Part of that press conference? But particularly interesting to me Trump is Man of the Year, which is yeah, of course he is. And also the drones. What's going on with the drones. I'll start with the press conference. So here's the thing about Trump.
Speaker 2: And the media.
Speaker 1: They hate him, but they need him. Without Trump, what happens to the so called news channels other than Fox obviously, which has increased its audience post election, and its audience was already very high. I think seventy five percent of the cable news audience is now watching Fox News. So it's basically Fox News, and then there's almost nothing else that could even be called a competitor. And that's an amazing fall for MSNBC and CNN from say, twenty years ago, when Fox was the upstart. But here's what you see, here's what's going on. They need Trump because they're gonna have to start covering the administration again, and they're gonna have to build back some credibility that they're not completely insane. And I really mean that, not just that they have to do some honest reporting for a while, not just that they have to stop the propagandizing or at least limit the most obvious propagandizing that they do. But they're gonna have to go a few steps further and report for a while on the Trump administration like people who are not insane. They're not going to be unbiased. They're going to be partisans, just like they always have been. But it's gotten too silly. I can't even watch Morning Joe anymore. There's nothing to watch. It's just sad or over there. You know, they're trying to almost do a variety show now in the morning. I'm waiting for Joe Scarborough to talk about what the best canna pays are for your next cocktail party or something. It's just it's a total waste of time. It was way more fun when they were just talking about how Trump is Hitler and the world's going to end because you were watching people fake a nervous breakdown in real time and get paid millions.
Speaker 2: Of dollars to do it.
Speaker 1: It's a remarkable sight to see and to be completely dishonest about just a lie about everything that was going on. I thought that was really really entertaining. I mean, it wasn't like it was teaching me or telling me very much, but it was entertaining. And then Trump got into some specific things. For example, he talked about the United CEO.
Speaker 2: Quick United Healthcare shooting.
Speaker 1: Can you give us your thoughts about that and what do you make Well?
Speaker 2: Does that tell Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a terrible thing. I think it's really terrible that some people seem to admire him, like him, And I was happy to see that it wasn't specific to this gentleman that was killed. It's just an overall sickness as opposed to a specific sickness.
Speaker 2: That was a terrible thing.
Speaker 3: It was cold blooded, just a cold blooded, horrible killing. And how people can like this guy is that's a sickness. Actually that's really very bad, especially the way it was done. It was so bad written a back and very bad, very thing like that. You just you can't believe that some people and maybe it's fake news. I don't know, it's hard to believe that that can even be thought of, but it seems that there's a certain appetite for him.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Please look, I understand that people are angry about the healthcare system. This has absolutely no chance of doing anything to make that better, and even if it did, it's still grotesque in him moral and the people who have tried to pivot this into their usual discussion of oh, but you know the big greedy healthcare companies. What about the big greedy hospitals, one of the big greedy medical practice, what about the big greedy ambulance chasing lawyers. I mean, there's so many people that are trying to loot the system for everything they can, and they have no interest whatsoever in dealing with the challenges of the system into giving people better care. That's not what interests them. That's not what this is all about. So there are a lot of people if you wanted to pick the bad guy, so to speak, there are a lot of people who could get some degree of the blame. And that still doesn't give you the right to take violent matters into your own hands like.
Speaker 2: This guy did. He wasn't even covered by United Healthcare. This whole thing.
Speaker 1: He's clearly has some kind of a mental breakdown. This guy he's like had some back injury and he couldn't you know, have sex anymore, is what was reported.
Speaker 2: Was freaking out.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think that it's good that Trump came out and said, look, this guy is monstrous when he is terrible, because I was hearing from some people on the right telling me, no, you don't understand, the healthcare companies are murdering millions. No, the healthcare companies are not murdering millions of people. That's not true, or even hundreds of thousands or tens of thousands of people. Sometimes they engage in unfair business practices, engage in fraud, they do things that they should be fine for, maybe even they should be in prison for. But nobody's doing something of the healthcare companies that they should be subject to the violent whims of an individual or the mob. And if you believe otherwise, you just believe that then anyone can have the right to do whatever they think is just in society at any time and take matters into their own hands. So Trump came out very strongly on this one, and I appreciate it. Also on the Eric Adams pardon, Yeah would partnering.
Speaker 2: Area Adams, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: You know, I think that he was treated pretty unfairly. Now I haven't seen the gravity of it all, but it seems, you know, like being upgraded in an airplane many years ago. I know probably everybody here has been upgrade. They see your all stars and they say, I want to upgrade that person from NBC. I'm going to upgrade him, and that would mean you'll spend the rest of your life in prison. I don't know somehow I would. I mean, i'd have to see it, because I don't know the facts. I think he was treated. You know, it's very interesting when he essentially went against what was happening with the migrants coming in, and you know, he made some pretty strong statements like this is not sustainable. I said, you know what, he'll be indicted soon. And I said it not as a prediction, a little bit lightheartedly, but I said it.
Speaker 2: I said, he's going to be indicted, and.
Speaker 3: A few months later got indicted. So I would certainly look at it.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing about Eric Adams. He has also been denied matching funds in New York City was a big deal because it's eight to one, eight dollars for every one dollar you get in funding from donors, so it was he's already raised four million dollars. He was supposed to get another four million dollars of matching.
Speaker 2: Funds from the City of New York.
Speaker 1: And you know, I can't do the math on how this stuff works out whatever, but the point is they've denied him that because they say that he misused the program before because of the criminal charges, so they're essentially trying to stop him from being able to even run for mayor, and they wanted to go to federal prison. Do I think that's at some level a and you know, a just a you know, reason for him to switch around, to switch things around and decide that he's going to be more willing to engage on healthcare, sorry, on immigration issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that when people are trying to lock you in prison and want to stop you from being able to run for mayor from your own party, I think that there's plenty of reason for you to decide that maybe you should look at the other side. And I think a pardon from Donald Trump of Eric Adams would be a brilliant thing, honestly, because the charges are crap. I mean, if it was actually in any way a real crime, I'd say, look, I mean, you know, do the crime to the time.
Speaker 2: This is nonsense.
Speaker 1: Getting upgrades on flights so that he could expedite permits or something. This is crap, total nonsense. So I think that a pardon would be a good way for Trump to build even more of a political momentum for himself going into the start of the administration. Let's talk about our sponsor right now, Barcreek Arsenal. Fellow gun owners. Holiday season, great time to get you a new firearm, perfect month to buy right now, holiday discounts and deals, and they're reliable American made firearms. I went to their factory in North Carolina, and I've seen how they manufacture firsthand. Whether you choose Barckreek Arsenal's compact handgun, the Grizzly, which is what I've got, or their Blackout pistol or their Blackout Upper for one of your rifles, fantastic selection. I've got three Barcreek Arsenal firearms here at home. I can vouch for their performance and craftsmanship. Go to Barcreek Arsenal dot com slash buck. Get yourself a new Bear Creek Arsenal firearm this holiday season. Their director consumer model saves you money, provides you convenience. This is the best prices you're going to see on these kinds of quality firearms anywhere. Take ten percent off your order with coupon code buck. Go to Barcreek Arsenal dot com slash buck coupon code buck. So yeah, Trump is Man of the Year, and I think a big part of it as we look at this is not only the win of the election, but what he has done for the country because the defeat of law fair is in many ways the salvation of the republic. I know that may sound excessive to some people, it's really not. It's true the ability to use prosecutor's offices as a tool to derail and destroy your political opponents. If that had been successful in this election, it would have been something that Democrats, I think, go to again in the future, and they would use it not only for presidential races, but also Senate state races, governor's house, whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: They would just view this then as the way that they do business.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how you can get around that in this country once you have that precedent that it's successful. Remember this time, it's not just that it didn't work in the courts, it didn't work in politics. The American people rejected it, rejected what.
Speaker 2: Was going on.
Speaker 1: And that is why the victory is so important, I think, and so powerful because it didn't work in the courts and the elector shut it down. And we're seeing some big wins for common sense and common.
Speaker 2: Decency these days.
Speaker 1: You know the fact that Daniel Penny is not serving a long prison sentence, for example, there are a lot of people who are waking up around the country. I wish everybody would wake up. We'd be imagine this place. Imagine what America could be like if we all just decided that rule of law and a merit based society and a yeah, free markets, free speech. Imagine if we really embraced the founding principles truly, wouldn't it be such a fantastic thing. I think Trump is going to try to get more of that than we've seen going in a long time. But there's going to be opposition. There's all these people who still think that if the government were in charge of more the government's their friend. The government's going to fix things, and they think they should be in charge of the government too, So it's like a self fulfilling prophecy. They think they're the smart people, and they think the smart people should be in charge.
Speaker 2: Therefore, guess who should be in charge.
Speaker 1: So I'm happy to see that everyone recognizes that the Trump even as opponents recognized that trump victory is seismic. This is not just some blip on the radar of our politics. This is going to I think the salvation of the Republic in the short term or even maybe the long term, insofar as lawfair is the end of it all. And Trump defeated the most aggressive campaign of outrageous law fair any of us have really ever seen. So yeah, that's what's going on there. Now we can talk about drones here in a second. The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews, whish is you a blessed beginning of the holiday season as you gather with your families, grateful for the blessings that God has given us, Let's also remember those who are facing hardships in need of fellowship and hope. That includes is Raelies who are threatened daily from a tax by enemies on all sides, but during these hard times, is Raelies are thankful to the Fellowship for food and basic distance, truly life saving aid when the rest of the world seems to have turned its back on them. Your gift of twenty five dollars will help provide a food box to an elderly Jew or a Jewish family who are suffering and in desperate need. A gift of one hundred dollars will help provide four of these life saving food boxes. Go to support IFCJ dot org. To make a gift now that SUPPORTIFCJ dot org or called eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight four eight eight four three two five. The drones, My friends, this is getting completely out of hand. It's very weird, and I don't know how it's possible that anyone can think that our government is.
Speaker 2: On the ball. I mean, Joe Biden's not really the president.
Speaker 1: I think that's clear, and no one really believes that Joe Biden's calling the shots are in charge that it hasn't been the case for a long time, but I think they have given up on the fiction of it at some level. You know, the fiction that Joe Biden is in charge has fallen away. They're not even trying to keep that going. Let me tell you what this is. What CNN says as of a like an hour ago about the drone situation New Jersey, mysterious flying objects overhead, concern and confusion and calls for military intervention. This isn't the plot of World the Worlds, but rather the result of numerous possible drone sidings in recent weeks. The flying objects have been spotted over residential neighborhoods, restricted sites, and critical infrastructure. The sightings have put intense pressure on federal agencies to provide more information about the aircraft, as officials have urged common emphasized there was no evidence suggesting the sightings pose a security threat. Okay, so what the hell is going on? I mean, if they can tell us that there's no problem, why can't they tell us what it is? And they're all sort of agreeing that this is not a big deal with then they they must know what it is, So tell us what it is, or tell us that you know for sure what it is, but you're not going to tell us the specifics. At least they could do that, right FBI and DHS issued a few days ago joint statements saying there's no evidence the drones pose a national security or public safety threat or have a foreign nexus. Well, sounds like they know what they are, so just say we know what they are, it's classified, don't worry about it. But that would mean that they would take the hit from people who would say, hold on a second, why are you doing this at this stage of the Biden administration. Why doesn't you know the Trump team has no idea what's going on? How important could this really be to be unsettling things just weeks before the transition is supposed to happen. But it also goes to the complete lack of faith in government institutions that so many people have now, which is understandable. I think faith in government institutions has never been lower, and faith in Donald Trump's ability to fix them has never been higher. So that's the good news. But there's something obviously very wrong that is going on here when FBI, DHS the assumption that we have is that they're lying. The assumption that I think people, not even just Republicans, people on both sides come to about all this is there's something up here, there's some sort of a scam afoot with the government. They cannot be trusted, including national security agencies. In fact, maybe more so than anything else, national security agencies.
Speaker 2: Of the CDC is pretty awful too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think that this is showing us once again the inaptitude of the Biden administration, the lack of public faith and institutions. And then you get to what could these drones actually be. I have heard all these, some theories that are plausible, some are kind of crazy. I honestly have no idea. My belief is these drones are some kind of government program that one agency is running some kind of a surveillance with and they don't want to talk about it, and so they've told the White House to just say nothing. And the White House is too weak right now under Biden to pick a fight or to tell them not to or that's the best I can come up with. If it turned out that this was actually foreign then I don't know. I mean, the Democrats do they have any more credibility to lose at this point? Probably not, So that's my best guess on it. I really don't know, though, I mean, I'm not a drone guy. I've never even flown a drone. Probably would be fun to fly drone around a little bit another drone operators. It gives you amazing footage, you know, think about like natural like wildlife footage. Now even footage of properties and landscapes and things you can do with drones pretty incredible. So yeah, it's a crazy world of technology we live in. Hopefully this isn't the Russians getting some huge technological advantage on us or something. I don't think it is. I think that's all. It's not little green men because aliens don't exist. Can argue with me, but then you'd be wrong. Projecting our families and homes is essential, But are you truly prepared? Breaking's happen every twenty five seconds on average across our nation. Even with the security system, can it really keep intruders out? Layer your defenses to buy yourself time. Start with saber driveway alerts to know when someone's approaching. Pair with floodlights to deter them. Savers door security bars reinforce your front and back door, stopping up to six hundred and fifty pounds of force to secure entry points even when you're not home. If you are home, many invasions happen at night. Savers Home Defense Launcher is the ultimate choice to protect yourself and your family. Saber projectiles hit hard, causing intense pain, and can still be effective if you miss. As intruders within the six foot pepper cloud experience sensory irritation. Savers Home Defense Launchers the only sixty eight caliber launcher with a seven projectile capacity, offering up to forty percent more shots than others. Stay secured day or night with Saber solutions. Go to Saber radio dot com. That's Sabre radio dot com or call eight four four A two four safe. That's eight four four eight two four safe. Thanks for having field time.