Speaker 1: With the football season kicking off, it's the perfect time to dive into the action with my partners at DraftKings, the number one place to bet on touchdowns, and right now, all new customers who bet just five dollars will instantly get two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets, plus get one month of NFL plus Premium.
Speaker 2: That's something we can.
Speaker 1: All celebrate right all right now, Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app and sign up using my promo code TBC. If sports betting is not yet available in your state, don't worry. You can still join in on all the fun with DraftKings Daily Fantasy and have the shot to win cash prizes. So right now, download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app and new customers use my promo code TBC and bet just five dollars on any wager and get two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. That's promo code TBC only at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up the Morning, The Breakfast Club Morning, Everybody's DJ en Vy Jess Larius Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Jess is on maternity leave, so Laura's filling in and we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 3: Let it's going down Wallow. Listen, man, welcome to the Breakfast Club this morning, presented to you by million dollars worth a game. Listen, Man, we didn't bought the company.
Speaker 2: Man is good.
Speaker 3: It's going down. Man, We're doing it big now. Man, got my brother right here. I'm so proud of you. Listen, Man, listen, I want to give you before I even start. I gotta give you your flowers because you be man. You me and you had several phone calls. We had a thousand phone calls. A couple of years ago. You hit me up. He was like, Wowow, you need a book. This is years ago, and you was talking about how you and keV was talking about you, and Kevin Hart was talking about the man Wallow would be crazy on the audio book, which I did. On audio book, Shout out to you know, shout out the Yana Van's ant also who did the audio. She did the forward for me. Shout out to thirteen name my publisher man for you know, yes, for making it happen Simon and Schuster. But we're here now. You told me you keep telling me about the book of your book. The book changed your life's right and the book, the book, that's all you kept saying. And now we're here, man, all with good attentions, you know, and it's game changed.
Speaker 4: The book title is perfect for you because there's not too many people on this planet who come with good intentions like Wilow does appreciate that.
Speaker 2: When did you develop that mentality?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man. I was on the street corners. I was, I was. I had good intentions on the street corners. I just, I just, I just wanted to steal American dream. And I said, man, this shit is too slow. And I never seen nobody in my neighborhood. The only people that got respected my neighborhood was successful criminals. So even though I was a good person growing up, my grandma raised me, well my mom, you know, you know, I was like, I gotta figure this out. So I said, I got to I got man. The only people they respect out is the people that's winning by any means. And then even in America, I was like, damn, hold up, America. They only respect the scarface, they only respect the Godfather. They don't respect nobody else. I gotta go get some money. So I just figured out, you know, even though my heart was good, I had to go figure it out. And that led me to prison most of my life. And and but you know, even in there thirteen years, right twenty or twenty, I did twenty penitentiary five years and then out the juvenile system. And even in that, I remember, you know, over here, said all I did was laughing jail and just do what I needed to do, educate myself because I realized that, and to the point where somebody said I was one of the nicest dude in prison because I knew why I was there. I did mine so I was accountable for my bullshit, so you know, and that helped me change and develop into what I become today. And you know, I'm just happy to be here and I and I try my best to share all the knowledge that I got, as you know, with our people, to show us. Listen, we're bigger than what y'all think we are. Because I always say this, and it's crazy to me. It's like, you know, back in the day, we didn't have nothing, but we had everything because we had each other and that was important. And it's like it seemed like now, we find so many raids, so many reasons not to deal with each other, and it's like, God, damn, who you working for? You go on social media, it's like who you're working for? But I had to realize something. A lot of us don't want to look in that mirror and deal with it. I don't hate envy because if his money, his cars, his family's marriage. I hate envy because envy getting love for doing something that I always wanted to do, but I ain't have enough heart to go out here and do it. No, I'm not talking about that. I'm just talking about the general. Yeah he do got that Beijing, But I'm just saying, like, shut up to Beijing, give medals. But but like this and therapist, damn, okay, you better be paying you the way you.
Speaker 2: Promo.
Speaker 3: But but what I'm saying is like that's how culture became. It became like this in social media made it like a lot of people got to look in the mirror and say, damn, I didn't materialize my dreams. And that's the hardest thing to do, is you know. So it's more easy to say Charlemagne the sucker, envy this lord, this just this it's much more easy to say it than to say, let me get off my ass and go ahead and do something with my life. So but it's just it's just sad out here when you see it now, and it's like we just I don't know, man, And all we ever had was each other. That's the only way we ever made it in life.
Speaker 2: You said in the book, you said, it's actually in the chapter Arm of Good Intentions.
Speaker 4: You said you screamed out one day and you made it a daily reminded that nobody will save.
Speaker 3: You, nobody. Especially when I was in prison, I'm like, we complain in the we doing. I'm like, yo, bro, we inside these white folks, spot ain't nobody coming? Like if this shit go off anything, we're gonna be locked in these selves. Ain't nobody coming. But that's the same thing in the ghetto. Ain't nobody never come? And save nobody? Who saves him?
Speaker 2: What was the change for you? What was because you said you were in and out?
Speaker 1: What was the change? You said, I gotta get this right and I gotta change myself.
Speaker 3: Like to be realistic, man, I got tired tired of being in jail with a bunch of with a bunch of niggas. You see what I'm saying. I wanted to take a butt nigga shower, you know what I mean. I couldn't do that. I wanted to sleep neked in the bed. I couldn't do that because I'm in the second to sell you. I don't know if he might wake up in the middle of night be like, yo, man, let me I need to parts of that, like what we're doing straight up, wake up in the middle of night and be like, hey, my man, let's let's figure something out, you know what I mean. So I don't know. I'm just being real because listen, you know what's crazy. I think one of the reasons I bade it through jail so smoothly because I was always a comedian on the low, you know what I'm saying. I was always funny. They was like, hey, I mean I was because I was in there scared to death. You know how dudes come on from jail. I'll be trying to wonder that I did all this time in jail. I'll be like, what program was you on that you wasn't scared in jail, that you was just so tough because I was scared to death. Soon they listen. As soon as that judge gave me them numbers and they you know, you had your shoe, had your thing together. It ain't about nothing. Mean, sh ain't about nothing. I looked at her. You all right, say my little words back before you see them. It's back and forth. Word player I had with the judge is that he be back on, walked in the joint. You know what I mean. Now you gotta do the walk back in because now you're going back into the cages where everybody looking at you when you come down. What they give you what it shit ain't about nothing, man. They gave me a little twenties man. That shit ain't nothing. A little listen, that's the that's the cat. That's the cat. By the time I get to my my cell later on that I threw that tie up, crying like a baby man for a new born. And then and then once you the shackles hit you box like an animal, the shackles going from your arm to your feet. You get upstate, you hit that penitentiary yard, and you like, well, my mom, man, oh ship, I ain't know it was like this. I'm seeing people with knights longer than the giraffe trunk.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Ship, I old you I was.
Speaker 3: I was. I went to the penitential when I was seventeen, but I hit the big prison yard when I turned eighteen. I was in Dallas Penitentiary in Pennsylvania. And uh, that was like that was a different type of Joe.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing people get married in the yard and all that shit. I'm like, I ain't trying to be nobody's wife. I ain't sign up for this ship, so I'm not. I'm looking like married in the yard. People was getting married in the yard. I said, damn, man, real weddings. Though it was real weddings, like it wasn't th like if you got the Bible when you got somebody that's official, like you.
Speaker 5: Were just in the yard.
Speaker 3: I was walking the yard. I was. I was in the backub because I was walking in the yard. So I'm like, I'm sitting there and I'm like, oh, Ship, i ain't trying to get married in the yard, man, Damn, like want some real shit. And then I'm seeing people getting stabbed in on I'm like, yo, I'm not trying to So I would go to my cell and be like, Yo, what the fuck is going on. I ain't signed up for this because nobody tell you this, because only stories that we hear back in the hood about jail is that you come home and you get rewarded and you get acknowledged and you tough and all this other shit. You get muscles. But I'm like, I'm like, damn, ain't nobody talking about the scary part. So I had to be the one to tell the scary part, to tell a real part, because I was scared. Especially listen when I first listened, no bullshit, I get up to the big penitentiary. This was this was the one. I get up to the big penitition. It is why I get always fuck with me about it because I tell you stories I get up to that, stories from the cell. So I get up to the penitentiary. It's shower time. I go down there. I got my boxes on and all that. So I'm like, damn, we go down there, and this is my first time in a real cause. It's like it was like I started. I went to the penitentiary when a young When a lot of younger dudes started to go like you was getting certified as an adult. They created a new law so a lot only time it was no young boys in the one penitential. I went two dollars penitentials, mostly old heads, and they had the most lifers in the state of Pennsylvania at this time. So you could be in a cell with anybody. You could do one year of being a cell with a lifer. It don't matter. So I go, I go to go to the shower. So I got my towel on, my boxes on, and when I went to the shower, right, I go down there steamed up in everything. The shower is probably like it's probably like in that joint, probably maybe fifteen shower heads and a block got a hundred and something dudes on there. So when I go in the shower room, it was like a movie. Like everybody looked at me, like, while you got the boxes on, anybody else told me it was a I'm talking about it was a sword showing that joint.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm just like no, it's like that's not normal, like you and I'm like, you know what. That day I realized that a shower wasn't important than the bird bath. I said, I could go back to myself and just wash up there. Why would I need? Why I do a shower really mean that you ain't taking shower the whole way.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I took it for out till I just you know, went down there, and because because I had that, I was like, damn, man, like why everybody gotta be naked in this joint?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: And then they looking at you, and then they talking like like they'd be asked. They talking, Yeah, you see the game? Oh man, what's the name? Went off him Smith. I'm like, man, we ain't supposed like y'all supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be doing this.
Speaker 5: I don't know when did you get like like like comfortable with it, like your first necade shower?
Speaker 2: Were you?
Speaker 3: I never got the next show? Yeah, but I got one when I got to the jail where you get your own booth. I wasn't trying to be a party because it's like it's like a volunteer, like you volunteering something.
Speaker 2: How long it took to do that?
Speaker 3: Oh years, two years? But different jail, different part of the jail got different sections where you get a single shower. So in that jail was joints, we got the single shower locked in. But it was like, man, I always feel it like that was the volunteer services, like you was you was you was giving imitations to something, so I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Was the was the coke kine story real like that Bootsy be talking about sometimes. But I was a different prison though, But I think it might be the same prison one say when you see a coke cane.
Speaker 2: In the shop.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's different. Different, different things go on in different prisons. I can't speak to that because I wasn't in the geographical location to him. But it's different stuff fast state, different states. But it's like, I just knew that they signaled side of me in your in the prison was what you mean signal? It was people was making love to slow music. Man, it wasn't no like you knew what time it was. Dudes had the red light. Listen bro dudes, haid dudes, shoo to take dudes, No, no, no, listen, dudes, you to take paint and paint they like red to be red lights red like span.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: They got the music playing. You like, don't look at that sound because you wanted to look at nobody's sound. So I'm like, man, I you know you can't look at nobody.
Speaker 2: Sell But that's the signal. Though. The signal was the red No It could be anything.
Speaker 3: Man. You could walk in the bathroom in the yard, somebody be tongue kissing and you know, romantic.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of stuff. Jesus Christ. I just knew that. I just wanted to make it out innocent, removed from me, that's all. But it was wild, man. But I knew it was certainly, is why I knew. I said, oh, man, I can't, I can't, I can't. I can't go back to this hit. Dude put something on my bed one time.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't even No, no, this what happened. No, no, no, this what happened. So what happened is my laundry came back folded, and I'm like, damn, man, this is these people man fold your laundry and everything. Man, I'm happy as ship laundry. There was a couple of snacks left. I'm like, So, I'm like, damn, this is what's up. So O G from down the way. He peeped, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I asked him.
Speaker 3: I said, damn, man, they dad? He said, what they did?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: So he went and checked the older dude that did it. The older dude was trying to go on the date. But I didn't know it was. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: What did he leave though?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, he didn't leave.
Speaker 1: No, no, he know.
Speaker 3: He left some nice uh. He had a box of nutty bars. It was some suits and chips and it was a nice It wasn't listen when they told me i'd have had it was a nice bread, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So you gave it back to him, got to give it back to him.
Speaker 3: I had to give it back to him if you accept it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: No, But it wasn't just that he folded my laundry. He worked in the laundry, made my drawers and all it was folded. So I'm thinking, like, damn, this is the pro this, this is the protocol of what they Damn. I'm like, damn, they got some good service here, you know what I mean. But once I realized that he was looking for a date, I didn't I said, oh, ship, you see what I'm saying. Lucky that I had the old head did because I don't know what the happened. Yeah, yeah, but it was crazy. It was crazy, man.
Speaker 2: That's why y'all got to read this book.
Speaker 3: It was deep, man.
Speaker 4: You dedicated the book The Low Steve, Aunt Ruby, Grandma or Uncle James, Uncle Tommy and hip Hop.
Speaker 3: How did you know hip Yeah, that's my step Hop.
Speaker 2: How did each of those people contribute to your journey?
Speaker 3: Mim Ruby? First of all, my grandma and this is my grandma and Nanny. She's she'd be ninety September thirtieth. He's extraordinary Ruby and her used to always gang war min Ruby. You know, she was the only person I've seen straight my grandma out, and don't nobody straight Nanny out. And they used to be going and this this was her younger sister, oh Man, and I used to call home from jail. The stories that an Ruby used to tell me was unbelievable. But Iron Ruby was. She just was different. And she loved me, love us, love us on me. She wound up passing, and she passed my grandma house the middle room that I wound up making parole to. That was one of the reasons I was able to make parole because you know whatever, But God bless her. My Grandma Aura, she passed when I was in prison. She was amazing, always real, tell you just like it is. She was from the streets. Uncle Tommy passed since I've been home. Was my big brother. He passed my grandma arms in the crib, he got shot, ran down the street, died in grandma arms. She opened the door he aspired. That was my guy. But everybody, them people is personal, you see what I'm saying. And uh, they were special in my life in different ways. They helped me in so many different ways. And it's things that I carry today that I got from them doing my journey through, you know, doing especially when they was here. And I always want to remember them people because I feel as though a lot of people get forgotten that give us so much just because they're not there. And I always feel like you really live when you outlive how much you lived. And I'm saying that you really live when you outlive how much you live. It's people from our culture that outlive how much they live. You've ratheriged, Bossy. I't rabge certain people they lived longer after life than they did their life as But we don't do that with our family members and the people that we love and the people that we know personally. We keep other people alive based off celebrity, but we won't keep the people alive that was personally personal to us. They get buried and the thank yous and all that shit somewhere and sometimes forgotten. So I always try to remember my people that died, they gave so much to me.
Speaker 2: Would believe you right now, like if he saw the position you was in when.
Speaker 3: He believed no on everything. I love my brother be doing just what gilby doing. We call me know that as nigga look as you just another ass nigga ball because.
Speaker 2: That was him.
Speaker 3: He's a funny boy. He was all he wanted to do is laugh all day. I'm just thankful that I was able to the greatest thing that I ever did in life and the history of my life was forgiving my brother's killer. And the reason that was so important to me because the ghetto nothing superseded. Nothing is. The hierarchy is to get and the ghetto is revenge. But for me to say, you know what, I want to live for my brother, live for the kids, live for the family, and put it in my heart to forgive someone that took my brother out of there. Heard the devastated the family. But I said to myself, is we always ask for forgiveness. We ask God all the time forgiveness. But when do we forgive on a real level. And that was the greatest thing I ever did. And I always encourage young brothers to like, you know, because when you see our community, it's like everybody is moving based off of a lot of cats, is moving and continuing this crime, criminal mindset. And you know in the genocide based off award that they never even knew about, Like you don't even know why you beefing with somebody and we never have a conversation. It's like and even the level heads from different sides of the communities never could sit down and just be like, yo, this some bullshit. Be on some bullshit, like come on, y'all, we gotta like we shooting in the mirror out here as black people and ain't nobody. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: It bothered me because I see a lot of elders that's scared. They want to be young niggas, and it's like, no, you're not nothing death. I tell them all the I'm not no, no, I'm not. I'm an elder, but dog, I'm not no young boy. I'm not trying to be cool with you. I'm gonna tell you what you want to hear. And if you don't because I know most of your day, especially the artists, the athletes, they run around with a bunch of yes men. I ain't want of them enough. I don't care about it. I don't care who you is. I'm gonna tell you listen, man, that's some dumb shit. Man, you want some dumb shit enough, Me and Gil will be like, Yo, that's some dumb shit enough. And even if you just hear me for the moment, I did my job. A lot of times I fell short and doing my job. Well, I ain't gonna say I didn't do my job, but I felt short because it went on some deaf ears and we've seen what happened with that a lot of times.
Speaker 4: Man, look at all the different clips that you can look at a wallow online warning people about what was going to happen in their situation or what was gonna happen if they didn't change their ways, and they came true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just like I you know, I just be peeping it because I see it like you get to see it when you've been through it so long. But that's why I try to share my story so they could learn from my story and do live my story. But a lot of times. The money makes people blind and death. And when you get that paper, you think, but one thing, I know one thing, I know something If I don't know nothing about this shit. When you're black in America, you get all the money in the power you want. Man, man, but let me tell you something, Mighty whitey get to you. That's right, I'm just being real. Mighty is over that court room. They humble the shit out of you. They would get you in that court You see how they laid Tyrek down Tarreek gild laid him down, rubed him up, shut up. You see what I'm saying, Like, I don't know what happened, but I'm like they ruffed him up real.
Speaker 2: Good and still had he still had to go out there and play.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure, you know what I'm saying. So it's like it's always a point, whereas though it'd be like man, shut up, nigga, and you always got to be on point to know, you know, know how to move out here. And it's sad that we got to do that, but that's the reality of the environment that that that we come up in.
Speaker 1: What did you realize this is what you wanted to do when you came home and you said you took that drive and you went back to you had the McDonald's with the grandma house. When did you realize this is what you wanted to do and how you wanted to change for the next generation.
Speaker 3: I was in a shout out to the life of these life for brothers, this organization in WCP and all the brothers that was in the penitentiary with me, the elders. There's an organization called Real Street Talk. So I'm in there and they in one of the old OG's brother, Minister Rob, shout out to him. He come to me said, Wolla, we need you to come down here and talk. It was a bunch of brothers. Should or Sharifa was ike a big shann and it was a bunch of brothers that was getting together the talk to the inmates that was coming in two three hundred inmates a week that was coming in to talk to them about listen while you in jail, used this as your time to educate yourself. So you go back out there and make something happened with yourself. And it was called real street Talk. So I was one of the dudes that spoke in a way to whereas though they really understood what I was saying because I was like one of the youngest dude, even though the OG spokes too, and I've seen it. They listening. They was tapped into it. And it was a brother, uh brother, Rob Griffin. It was from the He used to do security for Malcolm Xican the Nation Islam back in the day, for the Duff. You used to be the you know, the head of security for the Nation Islam back in the day. And you know he held down Malcolm hamming all of it. And he came to my cell one day because I was in the selling like next to him and on a block greatest for it, and he was like brother, not too many brothers out here speaked, whereas though multiple generations could listen and understand it. And then that like you speak clear, keep doing that. So when I got out, just start grabbed it, grabbed that phone and just start popping it because nobody was doing it. And I knew that I had to do it in a unique way because I was battling on the timeline. I was battling for attention, you know when you go down the time I'm looking at this, I said, Okay, I got to battle the girl this ass naked. I gotta battle my man with a pound of jerry On. I got to battle the rap at the athlete, I said, I got him. That's why you've seen a lot of my videos. In the beginning. I'd be running across the highway eighteen whiller come laying on the ground, catch him on my head. They laughing. But I'm giving you the message as long as you listening, because what everybody was afraid to tell us, like, Yo, you can be great, you amazing, Like we build pyramids with no cranes. I don't know what I'm reading this shit in jail, Like, hold up, we did that?
Speaker 2: You mean to tell me?
Speaker 3: Hold up? You mean to tell me? Uh? We you know we came up out a slavery. This little lady got us about a slavery. Since they got us about a slavery and that ingenuity. Ho, what the fuck is going on? Frederick Douglass was who he did?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Oh, we we got most of the patents most shit create. Oh what the I'm like, yo, we can do it, but you gotta I realized this, if you can make them laugh, you can make them listen. And I always was like, I always love comedy because I used to listen to Paul Moody, Richard, probably all of my uncle who played the records Red Fox, and I'll be laughing, but they'd be saying some deep shit and they lace it up. So I'm like, Okay, I just gotta give it to our people in a different way, you know, because I just couldn't get the whole Harriet Tubman thing just just had me just like, Yo, there's nothing you can't do that. Fuck them pyramids I'm talking about with no cranes. It's no how would this done? We did that, these adventures, we did this, we created what so it'd be like what Black Wall Street did. So I just be looking like, no, it's just a different way, in a different language you're doing it. And one thing that I'm always doing, You'll never hear me say nothing. You ain't never hear me talk down to hate any of our people, you know why never? All of our people got a different they got it. They might have a different message. And no matter what you're doing business that I don't care what you're doing. We don't have to be doing the same thing. And just because we ain't doing the same thing, even if we might be doing something the similar. We ain't got to be mad at each other. I ain't got to hate you, ain't gotta hate me, because at the end of the day, is this shit really about the uplook men of our people? If it is, how can I go online and say anything bad about our people? If I really care about our people, I can't tear you down to lift them up. It ain't gonna mathematically, it don't work. So what I do is no matter if you say something about me, say somebody, because whatever, I'm never gonna say nothing about nobody because that's not gonna add value to the whole plan of us.
Speaker 4: That's Wallow really like this, I'm not gonna do that. Even off camera he's like that, and I'd be like, fuck these niggas.
Speaker 5: I was actually do you and Gil so like this is like a daily thing for you, like on and off camera, like you said, but like when situations come about, like when people make you upset, when things don't go your way, like how do you what's your mental lock in that you stay grounded where you are right now?
Speaker 2: Like what's that? My thing?
Speaker 3: Is this Some of the times when people have said things or I wasn't like I even look at it, And I look at it now from a critique bone and be like, yo, is that person right? I'm I tripping. I'm not a person that's like, I'm logic to the point whereas though there's a possibility, whereas though I might do some dumb shit or some of that shit. So I will even look at it because it's like, listen, after me dealing with the white folks in that mountains, and I'm coming in my cell at any times. It's because I'm beefing with the guard for a week and he's coming to myself every day for a week telling me to get ass whole neckcka and spread and cough. None of this shit mean nothing to me. You think this shit means that I did seventy three hundred days in jail. You think I get So it's not that deep. But I'm also would look at things and say, damn, do they got to do? They got a point there? Because sometimes they might have a point. And just because you're not rocking with me, that don't mean you hating on me. I might not just be your cup of tea, and you might don't.
Speaker 2: Know how to.
Speaker 3: Reach out or whatever. You might just so It's like I'm big on that. Everybody's not hating on you because they don't like what you got going on. And sometimes I understand you might rub people the wrong way because you might remind them that they didn't go after their dreams. So it's levels to this ship. But you know what I need y'all to do is I need y'all to all try that drink at once. This is my drink. Drink pure, pure, take it.
Speaker 2: I got to ask you a question. You said, when the officers came in your cell, right, the white boys, and they told you to get.
Speaker 3: Time out to drink. I like it.
Speaker 2: Let me see drinking that watermelon blast. Tell me that's good.
Speaker 3: Think that's all I needed. I'm gon sing on something. But go ahead, get back to the And.
Speaker 4: You said the officers used to come in to yourself. Make you get that the spread you ass? You did you fuss with them a little bit?
Speaker 3: Are you just?
Speaker 2: Is that all you heard? Got nugget? Yeah, that's all here?
Speaker 3: No, you know what's crazy? Like I got?
Speaker 2: So it was so like me. I was so institutionalized.
Speaker 3: As soon as I know, as soon as I see him cracking the door, I'm already ass naked like, I'm just like, what's up? What we're doing today? Baby? Who were doing? Because I knew that. I knew that they want to see they want to see some black heat for real. They was trying to miss they was they was trying to message. They were trying to see some black heat. I knew what was talking. I said, all right, fuck it, then let's get it.
Speaker 2: Come on, let's do it in the kitchen. You turned up, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Let's go we at it again, y'all back hut, I know what y'all want.
Speaker 2: Shut out.
Speaker 3: People's turn around all that shit, hit the wall and put my hands on the wall, lift my feet, twinkle my toes and all that shit been down, spread them. And then after I spread and grab my sack, I gotta go on my mouth and all this dumb shit like yeah, y'all some kinky bulls man. Yeah whatever, people keep being smart ass.
Speaker 2: I'm freaking are you're still interesting?
Speaker 5: Is there anything from like when you was locked up? You know, sometimes people come home and it's like like I got you can't hear certain sounds or like you know, like do you have any of that from all the time that you spend the jail, I.
Speaker 3: Got all type of shit. I just I can't keep up with it. There's so much. You can't keep up with all that shit's so much you just you just live because you know what's crazy Being from the ghetto. We normalize jail so much to whereas though you know the side effects of that shit I had, you like everybody got that shit. The family members got side effects from dealing with the jail experience. Is just going to see it, like you know what I mean. So it's like it's just crazy, man. But when it comes to prison thing, what I think is so crazy is that. And I want to say this that the brothers out there right especially if you're in the streets right now, you you operating your gun, you just in the street game. I just want to say something, rather you know it or not. Black young black males in the street culture build more communities outside of our community than anybody in the history of life of America. Let me break this shit down. When we get locked up. I come from one nine, one three to two Philadelphia, the most people that ever they sent the most people to prison that that area cod in Pennsylvania. Now, when I get locked up up, and me and the homies get locked up. They build new prisons based on the population increase. When the population increased, they'll take it down. They'll go rent some farm area. They'll bring a lego prison, put it together. Boom boom boom boom boom. Once they bring that prison, they build the gas station, they build a walmark, They employ all these farmers. And this is me and the homies doing this. And then now you got all this stuff. They got this whole community that we built. But we never we never built the home community. We never got on Mama house. We never sent our kids to college, but we send the kids. Were sending kids to college. Every time you shoot a gun in the ghetto, you're sending somebody else kid to college. Every time you rob somebody, you're sending somebody you're buying somebody paying somebody else mortgage. Like we are the ultimate, the real street nigga is the ultimate job security in America. The real street niggas, I'm create more jobs than any other people, any other group in America. More police, probation officers, sheriffs. I'm telling all these every department correctional officers counts. Now, think about the jail. In the jail, you know how mean people. We probably over a thousand people we employ in the prison. And you got to think about it. Everybody from the the guard to the counselor people that work in the kitchen to the nurses, like we do this and it be families. It be nepotism on its highest level in there. I've been in prison and I didn't seen guards start as a rookie and them turning the war. And I've been in prison. So and this grandpa, uncle, son, cousin, and on the other side. If you look at this picture in the book, and I try to explain generational incarceration, this picture right here in the book of me right here, that's me in the back. This is my step pop Hit that died. That's my brother Steve. That's my little brother Juliu. So in this prison, Dallas Prison Penitentiary. This in the eighties, right, this is eighty seven. So in eighty seven we going to Dallas prison to visit him. In nineteen ninety eight, me and my Steppap was sell he's in that same prison. And in two thousand and five, me and my brothers were selling in that same prison. Generationalcarceration. And when we're looking on the other side, you'll go see the warden. Then his son is a sergeant, his cousin is a major. Like so we got families in prisons, but there on the winning side, were on the losing side. So when we talking about this whole thing, this whole I'm a real nigga, I understand what you're saying. But you're gonna be a real nigga, and you're gonna be in prison with your daughter graduating and growing up, and there's gonna be some other men in our life that's giving the game that's not beneficial to her, it's beneficial to them, and your daughter gonna get taken advantage of. So it's like when we looking at this whole thing that we think we putting it down. I got a bunch of brothers on the other side. They could tell you they wish they could they could relive this because they ain't never coming out of jail.
Speaker 2: You the generational cursebrig O Wallow.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm I'm so glad you put out a book, man, because I need to see you on every platform having these conversations.
Speaker 2: I want to see you on the view I want to see you.
Speaker 4: But you know what.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy though, and this is why I commend you like what I commend you is of this and this, This is why our Brothers Club is a major platform for our culture and will always be. You get it when it's not cool. You get it before it go popular, you get it before it goes shiny. You get it and understand that a lot of these people don't give a fuck about that. Even though you name platforms. They don't care about that. They just want some shiny shit.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: While low come out of prison one of the probably and I'm not I'm probably one of the greatest comebacks ever to come out of prison in life, but they not gonna get that to a New York Time bestseller hit at all that stuff. So they don't understand us. And we control cool, but a lot of times we don't own it. So they try to get a close proximity to our coolness, and we so much suck as we don't be understanding that. We don't even know why when we're being used out here. That's why it's a lot of shit that I see online. I'll be like, damn, we goofy as shit. Man. Can't nobody outside of us validate us but us. I'm never gonna let nobody tell me that you're not cool, that you not cool, that're outside our culture. And I'm never gonna let nobody given approval of what's cool and what's not outside of our culture of this blackness. I love being black. I'm a die blast, right. My family is black. So I look at us and I say, with some extraordinary people and it's not taking that note for many other group of people, but everybody else love themselves. So I'm gonna love me and you know, and I got some extraordinary people that's not black, this family that's been But at the end of the day, until we start loving us on all levels, we're gonna be left behind.
Speaker 1: What do you think about when when Michael Ruben was up here and said pretty much the same thing that you just said right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but he just said.
Speaker 2: We heard He basically said, our community hurts ourselves. That's what you've been saying.
Speaker 3: Let me say this though. Let me say this though, everything is about the message it because I can't speak on behalf of you know, different races. I can't do that because they I'm like, who the fuck is you? So that's normal. But one thing that I can say is that I've seen our everybody is speculating everybody's around. On that day that Meek was in that courtroom, I was in that courtroom to come to speak for me. Michael Rubin was in that courtroom. And when we took that break after the the you know, the judge was roughing me up I'm talking about. She was like, she was roughing me up. We went outside to the hallway and Mike looked at us and said, what's going on in here? Like this guy was really shocked. I'm like, this is being black in America. He was like, what the fuck I'm talking about? He was personally pissed because he didn't understand them to be going because a lot of people just don't know.
Speaker 2: He said, he didn't realize there was two Americas until like.
Speaker 3: He listen that day. He looked at and then he attempted to walk back in the courtroom after we had the conversation, and she slapped him around, and he like, what the I can't like cause he stood up and spoke and stood up, and she was like all right, writing in the paper, like he.
Speaker 2: Went and done something.
Speaker 3: I respect Mike for that. I don't care what no like Mike went and done something. You know, people gonna have their opinions on people, but I'm talking about when I see a good person, I see a good person, I salute a good person.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: I ain't with all that other shit, because I'm gonna tell you something. Man, to be real with you, I got a lot of people that's not black that help the shit out of me because they really people that really believe that. And I ain't talking about business. I'm talking about in life, people that people that love you love you. It's not it's not always gonna be a colored thing. And I know we fight so much to get us together, but at the end of the day, while you spend your time on this planet, you better love who love you, and you better figure out who loved you and who got your fucking back. Because I'm gonna tell you something. I don't know what anybody else doing out here, but I'm forty five and I'm saying to myself, hopefully I get another forty five out here because my grandma naety, so I'm measuring it by that. My uncle James rusting piece of him. He died he was ninety three or ninety four, But we gotta we got a nice length in our joint.
Speaker 2: Pause.
Speaker 3: Oh is that a pause camp? I gotta run that podcam because IM talking about the lift of years. I'm not saying but oh yeah, yeah, I gotta call it, you know, right. But what I'm saying is, well, you was a pause champion. He got the mord of the history. You in the Guinness. But I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna say this though I'm looking at it like I'm forty five. Now there's a big chance twenty you know what I mean, like fifty percent of my life or thirty whatever, I'm getting out of this joint one day I can't worry about. I'm gonna be going.
Speaker 2: I gotta go.
Speaker 3: I gotta go, and when I go, my whole thing. I want to be able to say I left that shit on the planet. That's why I live a life that I live. I do me. If I want to buy someone buy it. If I wanna go somewhere, I gonna go somewhere. I'm not living my life based off of some fear of shit, because guess what, you know, how many motherfuckers in the graveyard sitting there mad as shit, like, Damn I should have got disit, Damn I should have went here, Damn I should have done this. We don't do it enough. We don't live enough, we don't put more positive energy out enough. Because I'm saying to myself, Damn, I gotta I got a lot of shit to make up on because I know, you know, when I see y'ad, I don't want it to be like nigga, didn't I tell you, nigga, you know unders saying, because God get foky for people. You know what I mean. I don't want to be the one to be like you had plenty of time, nigga, you know where you gotta go, You know what I mean. So it's like, at the end of the day, I just try to put the best energy possible out there to our people to let them know, listen, man, we ain't got time. We ain't gonna be if ever love each other, do what you gotta do and keep it moving, but one day you gotta get the fuck up out of here.
Speaker 2: What led the Iana Levon's not writing the forde for this book.
Speaker 3: The craziest thing in the world. So she hit me one day in the DM I almost passed out. And this is why acts of faith, what we call the Purple Book in jail. That was like a joint of anybody carry around in the bike pocket to be writing a little love notes out of to the girl and all like. It was a powerful everyday message and book. So I had the Purple Book most of my bit. So I'm like when she DM me, baby, I'm like, what the F. I'm like, this gotta because I'm the dude that's different than I'm not no dude to think I'm I'm a regular person in my world. So I don't think I'm this person. I'm starstruck when I see people that's important in my life. If I see certain rappers from Star Truck. Gil got mad at me because it was six in the morning and I seen Big Daddy came in the airport and I draw attention on him. He said, why are you doing it?
Speaker 2: Dumb?
Speaker 3: She cousin came it came. Didn't want to really be bobered. I know he didn't, but fuck that came. He was a legend. I got announced Chuck d I seen him at the joint. You know what's happening. You know what's crazy. I'm gonna telly some deep shit this how I knew I was a hip hop history and I was a major part of hip hop. I was at your corn party and he was giving him award City of Hope I think in l A and Chuck D looked over at me. He said, I said, I made it, Chuck D, you understand this. Chuck D looked at me and gave me to John Light and in my mind he told me fight the power like he knew it. But he didn't say that. Chuck didn't say that right. Chuck didn't say that right. Chuck didn't say that this is this is the thing that's crazy. Chuck didn't say that, but I felt as that And he didn't follow me on Instagram. You know, I don't not petty about that.
Speaker 2: You didn't get a chance to speak to him.
Speaker 3: No, we wapped it up, but I was I was. I was ready to pass out because it's Chuck D. So I couldn't get myself together. He was like going tell Michael Jackson concert. I was ready passed out, but I didn't want to so Chuck D. I was like, damn, this dude's legend. I'm beefing with DJ Premier because DJ Premier for him to be a LLEGI he followed Gilly and he wasn't following me. So I'm real petty about that. I'm like, Gill don't know nothing about rapping. I do like the you know, gourgu was like ole to me. Usually so me and beefing, but like, I love it so much. But what I'm saying is that I'm not going to see no legend and don't it.
Speaker 2: Don't freak.
Speaker 3: I was crazy because Chuck D You was the soundtrack to the struggles that took place in America and Yo, and we didn't have no food, we had public enemy and that helped us do the course. So so when she hit me almost fast out, I'm laying down, I'm like, oh my god, y'all a Vanzana. She just DM me. You know what I mean, this is like your spiritual mother. So I hit her back. But so what happened is I asked her. I mean I had told Charles. I was like, yo, man, I said Charles man, he said, man asks her, Man, you need to forward asks. I said, bet, I'm an asker, and I hit her up.
Speaker 2: She broke.
Speaker 3: She let me come to the house, made me a meal and food was delicious. Come on, I didn't want to be greedy, right, you know what I mean? But I was like, damn, I didn't want to ask for another plate. But it was great. It was like these strimps. It was just the sauce is right. It was just it was spectacular. And I wanted to make a doggie bag, but I didn't think that was appropriate. But whatever, but she bring me down to the house. I'm down there. She showed me so much us shout out the Zi kid too, her manager to do things, but like, and she showed me so much love man, and she and she read me. She read me the forward right there and there, and then I hit up and when I hit her up to do for the audio, she just done it that day.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I'm talking about like and it was based off of love and how she seen me for us and it was everything.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: One thing I want you to talk about whore we leave, you said, you said the feeling of not being punished for doing something you knew was wrong was equivalent to your first orgasm. How long did it take for you to actually feel guilt?
Speaker 2: When you did something wrong.
Speaker 3: Man, it took me a while because you're young and you just don't know, so it takes you a while. And then then when it hit you just be like, damn, I did some crazy shit, you know. But it was a while. It was just a thirst. It was just I don't know. I think I was just part of stealing an American dream. I was doing my thing because I wanted to be You gotta stand, I'm looking at these fucking movies, man, I'm looking at Rayleiola and motherfucking good Fellas, And you know the part where he burning the cars up, he throwing the joint. He said. By the time I was fourteen, I was making more money than the grown ups around my neighborhood. I'm like, damn, I wanted to be there. I wanted some money because we won't be I always tell people this, when that guy in the eighties pull up with that Benz and if you know what I'm talking, he got the bens in the eighties. He got that gold chain on, he got that Felix sweatsuit on with them Felix, he got them rings on them, nugget rains and all that shit. And he pulled up to the neighborhood. He's pulling up to our black communities to deal with the most beautifulest girl in our neighborhood. And when he pulled up to get her, as he opened in the car door and she getting in the car door, you know, speaking to him. Ms Johnson, Miss Brown, Miss Green, they hey, baby. But at the same time, you're seeing mister john come back from work. He's a plumber or dirty and everybody speaking to him. I'm sitting on the step watching all this shit take place. So I said, damn, I got to be a part of this shit. In the black community, the women dictate who the men want to grow up to be based off of who they date.
Speaker 2: That's real.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking at it like shit, I'm only seeing these girls. They there dealers and dudes. They got nice cars. I gotta get me some nice cars to get me some ass. I gotta get some. I gotta hear some. I gotta get some fly. I gotta get fly. That's what it was about. And the way you saw to get fly people respect. They only respected the criminals in the game the funk America. Look listen, Len, listen, do you go ask any judges lawyers, prosecutors and all that. What's your favorite movies? Goyle overs, what's your favorite series? The Sopranos, Everything Gonna Be. They love the successful criminals. So I grew up to try to be that. But as I grew older, I took responsibility to say, oh, yeah, I want some dumb shit I did wrong. You never heard me say it was No. I wasn't in jail for some shit that magically did or because of the white man. I was in jail because I wanted to get busy, and I did what I did.
Speaker 5: To your point about women shaping everything, you talk a lot about black women and seeing no women and how you staff your team with women. Can you talk like why that's important and how that's helped you along your journey as you like?
Speaker 3: Bill shout out to my manager business part of desiree Ivy, shout out the Ammo Rill, shout out the shayam lost my attorney. These women. Let me say something to you about these women. They get shited done. That's right. They're not playing games at all. They know it's not they don't. I don't know what it is about know that getting them going crazy. They lose their mind about no, I'll be like, damn, what happened? Somebody told me? No to death? What what's going on? Don't worry about many your business. I get to the bottom, I'll tell you when I get it done. They move in different, they move different, man, they move different, and you know what, you know what's going on. I just want to say this, and a lot of these companies in America they be playing games and a lot of times people don't see them because they be in the shadows. But when it comes to our culture, black women run.
Speaker 2: That shit absolutely.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about from not just from the consumer side, not just from the the marketing side, but from the boardrooms. The sisters. I went to the ballroom of Rich Claiming Company with sisters running that shit. Sisters running shit everywhere. Like, I don't think you're gonna get something off you ain't got no sisters in that fold.
Speaker 2: Every single indity I got a black woman running.
Speaker 3: Shout out to all the shit Dollar Dolly's a monster, She's no joking, Nicole. Shout out to all the sisters out there that's doing it, going up against all the bullshit, all the racism in these companies. Y'all, y'all going to hr, hr is playing games with y'all. They trying to weed y'all out. Because as soon as his sister get up and she stand up for herself, oh she's being everybody play victims. Sooner the sisters speaking up for herself after they see all the dumb shit, these people being, these corporations, throwing all these rocks, doing all the stupid shit. As soon as his sisters say, I'm not going for that, Oh my god, she's being aggressive. Oh my god, I'm scared. Locked the door, get that. That's cap Stop that victim shit. Because her sisters stepped up for usself. One thing about a black woman, I don't care who. She's not dealing with, no bullshit, A sister of color, Latino black, They not dealing them with that ship. That's right. Why do you think we scared of?
Speaker 2: That's right? You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's not that damn shit.
Speaker 2: It's's Luthor Rocky too.
Speaker 3: First of all, First of all, let me get shot out the Rockel.
Speaker 2: Boy ass boy.
Speaker 3: I just see flights were you go, Rocky, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: See wild weather. Shout Rocky. Listen.
Speaker 3: But Roquela professional named Raquel Diazeus for Uh, you know us getting this done. Great writer did a thing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Shout out to everybody, man, my my, oh yeah. Shout out to Johnathan Minion for the cover. Shout out to Simon and Shoots at thirteen Charles Shoes for making it happen. Yeah. No, Johonnath Demelia did all the legend ay hip hop. John he did all the leegend did jay Z, she did anything. But I just want to shout out to everybody out there that's doing anything. And I need to say this to you. I don't care if you gotta what I stand. You got a t shirt company, you gotta put the tape out music, you're doing art. You won yes away from the world changing. Stop looking on Instagram and thinking everybody's beating you and you running late and you ain't enough. And I want to say something to the sisters out there, you are enough. They'll never let nobody finess. You don't tell you that you got to be this and you gotta have this, you gotta wear this, You gotta go head, you gotta take live your fucking life. Do you in every way possible and tell them young brother this out there, y'all kings y'all ain't slaves. So what y'all gotta do is y'all got to understand, y'all the most fearless group of young men ever on the history of life. This generation right now, this generation of young black men out here, is the most fearless Black men ever. Y'all do not give off. Just imagine if y'all switch that up. Imagine what you could do when you go when you say, you know what, I don't want to be a drug deal I want to be a business man. I don't want to be a killer. I want to be a healer. I want to be a giver. I'm saying they could change. And to my young brothers in the community, rap community, stay away from them drugs, man. And it's coming from a man that never did a drug a day in his life. I never did it because I had to watch my homies. I had to make sure they get home at night. And my homies smoked, you know, they didn't smoke PCP did all that type of shit, you know, to snort. The little coach, you know, did a little bit of little but I always watched it, and I said, that ain't for me. And I don't know who told you this. If you feel as though you're going through somebody, find somebody to talk to, get a therapist, get a therapist. Stop trying to self medicate yourself because you don't know what you're doing. And I'm gonna tell you something, brothers, when you hit the town, you young brothers, and I'm gonna be real with you, everybody is trying their way to get some drugs to you, and you don't know if anybody drugs is drugs. I'm just being straight up. I don't know you know what I mean. I'm just saying, you got all these people making fake this, fake this. You don't know what you're taking. And when you get that money, young brothers, stay out of don't stay off them handcuffs. Man. Please please, man, no disrespect your blessing because God ain't gonna keep blessing you. Man. You think God, listen, God gotta work with billions of people. You think God will just keep coming around blessing you. That's right. God ain't gonna keep blessing you. Take advantage of these blessings. Keep doing your thing, and just know anytime you see donks stop me, I'm gonna say something to you. I'm gonna tell you what's going on. And a lot of y'all know. I'll reach out. I DM y'all. I talk to y'all regularly. Man. Just know that you kings, know that you queens, and know that the world is waiting for all of us, and we're gonna make it. We're gonna make it.
Speaker 4: We gonna, you know, listen, with good Intentions is out now. Man, everybody go pick this book up from Wallow.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: We gotta make this in New York Times best seller. When today we go.
Speaker 4: Tonight, we're gonna be at Uncle Bobby's in Philadelphia, me and my man Wallow having more conversations.
Speaker 2: Bobby's, Yes about this book. Armed with good intentions.
Speaker 3: Make sure we get you stopped, my man spy, make sure to give you them cheese steaks. You like them, taste cheese steaks. I had some joints up there without there like he was he was home, he too, the way you had them damn.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, yes, yes, hey, slut.
Speaker 3: The taste cheese's crazy.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I like that type of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, and uh, find your way to support local businesses.
Speaker 4: Make Wallow New York Times best sellers happened I wallow on tammering and all that stuff up.
Speaker 3: We gotta also, uh, we gotta get if you're out there, if you have any hair killing companies. DJ Imvious looking like the darts eyebrows over.
Speaker 1: His one sponsors the Gentlemen, A Bob Make Good Intentions is out now pick it up.
Speaker 3: The Brown Girls grinding, wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club