Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 3: We made it to a Friday. It's a meat Friday, and we're fully assembled. Paulie's back after two days. Oh, Paulie's not fully assembled as he only has one eye. The other one has a patch on it, so which is becoming By the way, I like it. You got a flannel patch on your left eye on brand. Okay, did Marvin coming back from having surgery when he had what you have wisdom teeth taken? Yes, and you came back same day. Did that impact you coming back two days after being uh well, in the hands of a surgeon.
Speaker 4: All right, of course, yeah, the Marvin situation is always looming for all of us, kind of teeth thing. But yeah, I was, couldn't get back earlier. Did my best but not bad?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, we're glad to have you, yes, Seaton. The real question is, paul did Marvin reach out to you while you were out?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Damn?
Speaker 2: Uh yes. The answer is they paused.
Speaker 4: Yes, he was almost everybody here reached out everything as everyone in this room. Oh okay and most of the guys and back then.
Speaker 3: So did Marvin learn from not reaching out to me after I had my traumatic shoulders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the question, is Marvin, why did you feel they need to reach out to Paul about damn.
Speaker 8: I truly care about Paul and that day.
Speaker 6: I mean no, no, no, no, say that, no, no, no, I'll say that.
Speaker 2: No, Hey, I get it front row, you know camaraderie.
Speaker 4: Marvin though delayed his reach out until Thursday afternoon. It was not Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 3: Yes, you had this uh traumatic moment with your eye and your retina and a lot of bad stuff happening.
Speaker 2: But this was your bad eye. We were worried that was your good eye. Yeah, there's miss misreports. I guess about the good eye.
Speaker 5: Early reports was that it was a good eye.
Speaker 4: I know, if it's a good eye, you never would have seen me.
Speaker 2: Again, no pun intend you would to see us.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't. We would have seen you. But yeah, but you probably couldn't have done your job.
Speaker 2: No. Now, if the bad, if the good I goes, I'm gone. Okay.
Speaker 5: I was a little confused that apparently having surgery on your I means you can't talk on the radio. I didn't understand why Paul had to miss any work, but I guess that's just me.
Speaker 2: I don't know. So the doctor said, this is a weird thing. You know, maybe they don't have phones there where you are.
Speaker 3: I'm just letting you know you did get roughed up behind the scenes here as you would come to expect so much. So when Tyler goes, is it okay? If we have rib eyes today?
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: Can we have black eyed pe Southern style? I go yes, yes, yeah, that's our meat. Friday we have smoked rib eyes. We have Southern style black eyed pee.
Speaker 2: That's great. Who isn't better than we do? No? Yeah, so they I couldn't do.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get in Wait, are we still talking about I mean we got to move on, Pauline.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we got it. It's not like I talk about my shoulder every day. I'm doing fine, Thank you, thank you. Marvin keeps reaching out, Hey, everything, Okay, you need a sponge bath.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's too late. It's too late for that.
Speaker 8: I was trying to reach out.
Speaker 2: Now you're trying to. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Stat of the Day brought to you by Penini America, the official trading cards of this program. The flannels are gonna look gorgeous. The new Foliage flannels available in the store Danpatrick dot Com. First Hour brought to you by King Sawaiian. They want you to get together with family and friends, enjoy the weekend. Make every Sunday a slider Sunday. The Great Charles Barkley. A little bit later on in the program, and we'll get an idea.
Speaker 2: Who's a buyer idea?
Speaker 4: I wow, it's a theme show.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, sorry, back to you.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll get a better idea. Who is the buyer or seller at the trade deadline?
Speaker 2: I'll take a look at the college football in that show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't blink, for this show is going to be over. How about my jets they're back?
Speaker 8: Oh by a tiger?
Speaker 6: Gary Wilson. Okay, how to get in to Rip Aloud?
Speaker 3: Fritzy's only working two hours today, so I'm just letting the audience know it's usually Friday, Fritzy. Now it's two hours, and then he gets to leave because apparently he has to go see, you know, his daughter in college. The reason why she went away to college is to get away from you.
Speaker 2: Do you understand how it works? Yes? You're like, Hey, I'm thinking about going down to wake Forest again?
Speaker 8: What did you do it here?
Speaker 9: Dad?
Speaker 4: The funny thing is she's home for the weekend.
Speaker 3: Whoa walk around? Walk around campus? Alrighty, here we go. Let's get started here, so Charles will join us in an hour from now.
Speaker 2: The Jets. Let's beat the Texans and they're now three and six. Are they back?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but Aaron Rodgers seems to think that they are back.
Speaker 10: Kind of season on the line there in second half. Obviously we wouldn't have been mathematically eliminated, but mentally to go to two and seven would have been real tough. Hopefully, let's get this confidence so that it can be anybody. Just we feel like we could.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I don't know, if you're a Jets fan, you go, that was a great win or a frustrating win? Because and hear me out with that frustrating win. Why can't we be doing that every week?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: It helps if you're going against a bad offensive line like the Texans have. They've given up the second most sacks. We're waiting for CJ. Stroud to be last year CJ. Stroud. That's not going to happen. Now Nico Collins comes back, they lose Stefan Diggs. Mixing's been wonderful for them, but that is not a good offensive line, and the Jets they got a pass rush and they made him pay. The number of sacks, also, the number of hurries, the number of hits that he took. The Jets should have won that by a couple of touchdowns. They were that much better. I'm going to take you back to Rex Ryan. Yesterday, Rex was on the show Final Hour and we talked about the Jets being favored by the Texans and we're thinking the Jets aren't very good. They're favored against a playoff team by one and a half. And here's the former Jets head coach Rex Ryan.
Speaker 11: The Jets should dominate this game. I mean, when you look at it on paper, Houston's really I mean they're really struggling to protect the quarterback right now. No Nico Collins. Now you don't have Digs out there, so you got one receiver to throw to. I mean, so the defense should dominate for the Jets. And then on the flip side, you have all this talent over there. I mean, when Mike Williams is not even playing for you, you know, I mean, you get Devonte Adams. Garrett Wilson got two great backs on paper. You know Aaron Rodgers is at quarterback. You should dominate this game, but you don't play it on paper. And that's why the spread is only a point and a half when it should be about you know eight, you know seven or eight it looks like.
Speaker 3: And they won by eight twenty one thirteen. So that's Rex Ryan from yesterday's show. By the way, Aaron Rodgers and DeVante Adams hooked up for their seventy seventh touchdown. If you combine regular season postseason, that's the most of any active passer to receiver combination.
Speaker 9: Whoa stead of the day, Stall of a day, Statuta day, Stanta a day.
Speaker 2: This is the stant of the day, Staut of the day.
Speaker 3: Ron to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show eight seven seven three DP show operators sitting by Tyler taking your phone calls good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, you can see all of this unfold. If you want to see a man with one good eye and a flannel patch on his eye, you can tune in. Boy, that's a reason to sign for Peacock. If I've ever heard one. Also are radio affiliates around the country. Dodgers have their parade today. We'll discuss that. A lot of football coming up this weekend, you know. Going back to the Jets, the reason why I think this is a frustrating win is they should be this team. They should be five and four. At worse, they're three and six. At five and four, you're formidable. At three and six, you're kind of like the Bengals. You have no room for error, and the Bengals should be a really good team. Now you start to look at some of these teams, are the Bengals as seller? That's what I want to know. You get to this point, the importance of this week's games on who's going to be buying and who's going to be selling. That's what I'm going to keep an eye on, all right, Seaton Poll question today, what are we starting now with?
Speaker 5: We're not playing buyer seller today, are we?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think we're playing in or out? Yes, and the most must win game of the weekend.
Speaker 5: Okay, because I've been right now my brain only processes things in terms of segments. So as soon as you say something like whoa wait, is that a segment that we're doing right now?
Speaker 2: Are we doing well?
Speaker 3: When I was at ESPN, everything had to have a name, like the segment had to have a name if you were going to bring in an analyst.
Speaker 5: Kind of great, Yeah, well it's kind of great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Corps Light six pack of questions, that's what's why that that's great?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: And you bring in John Clayton or Sean Sulisbury And here's John Clayton, our course light.
Speaker 2: Six pack of questions. We're calling four downs? All right? What what are we starting now with?
Speaker 5: Well, I think over compensating because he's missing an hour of the show tyed to sentim pull questions.
Speaker 3: I don't like the over compensation, Todd. I want you to be the same every day.
Speaker 6: I think I am. I'm not.
Speaker 2: Every Day's the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Few days ago, I thought I sent like four or five pool questions. I'm getting to bed rap here.
Speaker 2: But the super Bowl doesn't end an hour early.
Speaker 6: It doesn't.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't think this is a radular habit with me when I'm looking for ways to shock my responsibilities on how I can be here at the minimal number of hours possible or anything like that.
Speaker 6: You painted this picture of like any chance you get. You're looking for an hour off here, a day off there.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, you're flying around, you're visiting your kids in college once in a while.
Speaker 1: You look a guest.
Speaker 2: Are you that sad a little bit? Oh?
Speaker 7: God?
Speaker 6: Because I got a thousand?
Speaker 8: Sweet?
Speaker 6: Why don't you stick up for yourself? There's such bullies? What do you take that stuff? And then I'm like, I don't know. I think it's joking around.
Speaker 4: I guess reading social media should help this.
Speaker 2: P Yeah, don't read social media.
Speaker 6: Why is it giving you so much crap for taking an hour off? You're always here.
Speaker 8: Two in the morning.
Speaker 2: Where where did we come up with the voice?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 5: People are tweeting that at you, But Todd, you're always sending emails at two in the morning.
Speaker 2: How did they know you're tweeting?
Speaker 8: It was just you know?
Speaker 2: But what's with the voice?
Speaker 6: I know we all have a we all.
Speaker 12: Do like a voice of what we think a caller sounds like, or someone on social media about the first one to come up with this is my voice for that thing?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know I was joking with you when I wasn't sure.
Speaker 12: When you brought up fourteen different times over in over a half hour period, about that I have to leave an hour early.
Speaker 6: After the eleventh one, I'm thinking, maybe he's a little pissed.
Speaker 2: Wait, you have to leave an hour early.
Speaker 6: I have to leave at eleven. I sent h about fifteen emails about that. In the case there's no confusion.
Speaker 7: Or there is.
Speaker 5: I mean, I gotta admit Todd sent sent about fifteen emails of it.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it one time.
Speaker 5: I honestly, I had no idea that he was.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: I did hear seat and go, wait, you're leaving an hour I really had no idea.
Speaker 6: It was on the show today, What's happening?
Speaker 3: Paulie nearly died his eye nearly died.
Speaker 2: There you go, okay, and he's here.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 3: I had ramatic invasive shoulder surgery, not a procedure, and I'm here, thankfully.
Speaker 6: I danced between the rain drops. When it comes to health things my whole life.
Speaker 3: Marvin right out of getting surgery on his mouth comes right back.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what this show is really about.
Speaker 5: I went to the dentist the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how'd you do?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 5: Did pretty well? Yeah, they were a little rough with the fluss a little rougher than I would have liked.
Speaker 3: But this is toughening me. This is what everybody does. Ton you pitch in, it's a team.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna do the whole team thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You guys knew that about me a lot of time.
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 6: It's all about me.
Speaker 3: But God is going to uh cram three hours of content into two hours today.
Speaker 6: We're gonna try.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's great to have you. Great to have there for two thirds of the show. Yeah, full line. You know you get paid for two thirds of the show. Yeah. Oh yeah, I'll have.
Speaker 6: To scratch a couple of nickels together and make rent. But that's unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Wow ah wow, Todd. Wow.
Speaker 2: For somebody who professes to be funny, you don't have a sense of humor.
Speaker 6: I don't, and I get sensitive about certain things.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 12: I felt guilty from day one when I found out that I got to go to this thing, or I chose to go to this thing, and it was gonna be I have to catch a flight at one o'clock at an airport that's like over an hour from here, and I'm like, oh, the first thing I thought of instead of any kind of joy about going.
Speaker 6: It's like, oh, I gotta tell Dan and I gotta leave.
Speaker 12: Early, and that's that's going to be a wonderful conversation to have, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 2: That I have to like the field that But you feel that I do, yeah, And.
Speaker 12: I think you feel that because you've mentioned it many times. But I didn't know when joking becomes serious.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I have to do better with reading the room. I guess.
Speaker 3: No, it's not gonna happen after twenty twenty plus years, it's not going to happen that gets done. But I think you know, there are a lot of comedians or guys who think they're comedians who don't have a good sense of humor.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so just laugh. It's okay.
Speaker 6: I gotta lighten up a little bit, Todd.
Speaker 2: I nearly died on the operating table.
Speaker 6: You got a very big bruise that you showed us a few times on your arm.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I mean it's amazing. We were gonna get a cee an eye dog. Maybe a cane for him.
Speaker 2: Oh, that'd be nice, Yes, a nice wooden old cane. That'd be nice.
Speaker 4: Yes, the doctor did give me these, and I thought they were a decent prop. These are the kind of those blue blocker glasses they give to older folks, Like, are those terminator going a little terminator like terminator at the mall?
Speaker 5: But you're not gonna wear them like you just had your cataracts done exactly.
Speaker 4: These are cataracts. These are the cataracts of glasses.
Speaker 2: Not the Cadillac right cataract. Are you gonna wear them?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 2: I'm looking for content? You gotta be honest to you. You told me that.
Speaker 4: See he's not kidding when we talked the other day, but no one here is kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've all been. Dan checked on me.
Speaker 4: He had nice thoughts and prayers and then he goes, what are we doing Friday?
Speaker 2: For content?
Speaker 4: What are we going to patch?
Speaker 2: Are we doing? Can we get something better? I did say, are we having patch Friday? Right right?
Speaker 3: And goes yeah, Like I said, yes, it's patch, and he goes, well, I got terminator sunglasses and he said, hey, switch, I love it.
Speaker 5: There was the the pump fake was tough the like, because we all thought that it was Paul's a good eye. Yes, And now I was crushed for him. I was like, oh my gosh, this is just af.
Speaker 4: Well, that would have been not no joking around if it was the good eye, it would have been.
Speaker 5: What makes it so weird, though, is that we're all like, oh my gosh, like I hope he's okay, you know, like legit concerned, and then all of a sudden there's like, oh no, it turns out it was a blind eye.
Speaker 2: I We're like, oh, that's fine, So what's the problem.
Speaker 5: It is right, you're blinds are blind?
Speaker 4: Who cares? It is a lot less bad than bad?
Speaker 14: Is your blind eyes more blind than what are we feeling bad for? Get back to work? Hell cares, goes h he can't zoom. Oh I'm sorry, so I guess what that means? You can't type if you have a blind eye.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Unfortunately the doctor said eyes closed two days.
Speaker 2: What your mouth is closed to? Or? Do you see what's happening?
Speaker 3: We're picking on Paulie, but he didn't helashed back.
Speaker 2: He didn't, you know.
Speaker 4: And they'll be picking on me in the third hour as well.
Speaker 2: Social media is killing me right now.
Speaker 5: They said you send emails at two in the morning, that's dedication.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna be on my boat and Coasta Rica at Oliver.
Speaker 2: How about we take a break.
Speaker 4: What, Paul, do you like the glass?
Speaker 3: I think it's a Tom Cruise, risky business with a little bit of Schwarzenegger, a mall walking, you know, terminator stuff.
Speaker 8: Yes, Mark, kind of a fear and loathing in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Look, okay, Jonathan Depp? Okay, Jonathan for no one. I want to go by John Jonathan. You know, I want to change the vibe around me.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be Johnny Depp. I'm Jonathan Depp, sends out a press release moment on how about we take a break here. We accomplished an awful lot here. Nobody else applauded with you.
Speaker 8: Mark, you can barely hear my hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like golf applause. Yeah, I can't really hear when you applaud. Everybody's taking bullets here, Todd. Everybody's having fun.
Speaker 6: We are, yeah, evenly distributed on a.
Speaker 12: Daily basis times.
Speaker 3: How about we take a break here, take a break, regroup, maybe give Todd a hug?
Speaker 2: All right, back, no back?
Speaker 3: After this and the Dan Patrick Show, how can I give up this job? I can't not anytime soon.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live only with.
Speaker 3: The patch over the left eye buying hurt. I'm gonna be here all three hours.
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh Seaton poll question for the first hour of the program.
Speaker 5: Well, we just had this one submitted from paul If you had to lose one, would you have to lose an eye in the ear, a foot, or a hand.
Speaker 3: It's a tough one, and an eye, an ear.
Speaker 4: A foot, or a hand, the complete usage of Okay, maybe not actually lopped off, but the complete usage of one of those four.
Speaker 3: Todd, you can lose one. I would say no, and we're not doing the I would say.
Speaker 6: I would lose an ear.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you losing?
Speaker 8: Ear?
Speaker 2: Marvin?
Speaker 8: I barely have two, so a hand.
Speaker 2: That's funny. See Todd, he's yeah.
Speaker 6: He's very much much more mature than me.
Speaker 2: See it happens a lot more than you think.
Speaker 6: Yes to the tape you take away for it.
Speaker 5: Paulie, what would you were going to leave that in last segment?
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought we're going to move on from the whole top thing and just not do it anymore or for the rest of the show.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, it's still gonna be sprinkled in there. Okay, he'll be fine, he'll be fine, Paulie. What would you rather lose? I think an ear? Yeah, you can get by with one ear. Yeah, yeah, i'd say, hear and probably my right one. So when I walk by, Todd, I don't don't do you think about voluntarily?
Speaker 12: And you could wear some kind of winter hat to cover your year, so people maybe won't even know if you've got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be like the edge from you too. Although I think he wears his hat and just to cover his bald head. He doesn't wear his hat to cover his ears.
Speaker 6: You're probably right about that, thank you, Tod.
Speaker 3: All righty, So the Jets over the Texans twenty one to thirteen. They are now three and six. Aaron Rodgers talked to Al Michaels in kirk kurb Street prior to the game, and they came away convinced that, yes, the Jets can run the table. Now, they're not going to win all their games, but let's say they did get on a roll.
Speaker 2: How many games could they conceivably win.
Speaker 3: If you've already got a three to six record, you have the margin for error is you got one more loss. That's it, unless you think that you can get in with nine wins. But let's just say on the safe side, you got to have ten to get in. What's the Jets' schedule II?
Speaker 4: The Jets at the Cardinals, host the Colts bye week, Seattle Seahawks, Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars, La Rams. That's a lot of winnable games. Don't they have Buffalo then Buffalo Miami. Yeah, they can win those. There's a lot of winnable games.
Speaker 3: See, that's why if they played just average football, they could have had at least eleven wins. I felt that Denver loss, and we even talked about that they would look back on Denver and go, that's why we didn't make the playoffs. Now, if they get lucky enough to have that conversation, then they will have salvage the second half of the season. But you don't score a touchdown against Denver at home. Your field goal kicker normally trusted Greg Zerline. Now they demoted him. But you know, you start to look at that division it's not a good division. You know, you lost to the Patriots, But can they do this? Yes, like they should do this. That's why I thought it was a frustrating win last night, not necessarily a great win. It's more of a why haven't you been doing this? DeVante Adams with the touchdown yet, Garrett Wilson and we immediately started our conversation of Obj or Garrett Wilson better catch.
Speaker 2: Both of the meadowlands both one handed.
Speaker 3: I think the trickier part for me was Garrett Wilson's was tougher because he had to get both feet down or get a shin down, a foot down, and still be able to hold onto the football while you had somebody draped on him. OBJ just had the wherewithal to turn around. And those gloves really help you. I mean they already have big hands. You put the gloves on it and their stick them on there, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get helped a little bit there.
Speaker 3: But Obj that was sort of the contortion that was impressive with that. But I thought Garrett Wilson that was more impressive because trying to get his feet down or shin down and still you know, maintain, you know, complete the process there. Objay's though was on was that a Monday night against the Dallas Cowboys, so that therefore it became a whole lot bigger. This was Thursday night on Amazon and you're facing the Texans. This is and you could even make the argument was it a catch? I mean, I'm glad that everything he went through like the whole Okay, you can have one shin down, but you can't have two right feet.
Speaker 2: Down, correct by rule. You know, if somebody.
Speaker 3: Came from outer space and came down and go wait a minute, so what's a catch?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, sit down. It's gonna take a while.
Speaker 5: If they asked you to explain the game of football, just one play, Explain to me what's happening on this one play of football? You could never do.
Speaker 3: It, probably not, probably not. But the one shin will make up for two right.
Speaker 4: Feet correct, So the shin is in shin to win, so stupid. But then once the shin is in, the announcer said yesterday that the analyst the knee going out of bounds a split second later.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, your shin can't go down before your knee can can.
Speaker 2: Yes, it did.
Speaker 4: Last night they said the shin was flat against the playing surfing, and then when the knee hit out of bounds, it didn't matter because once the shin is in.
Speaker 2: The play is over. Shin hit the fin. But that's the funny thing.
Speaker 4: If you got the shin in and then goes out of bounce, you stop the stop it there and nothing else happens. But if he rolled over and the ball flew out five yards out of bounds, that contribute to it not being a catch.
Speaker 2: Does anybody think Obj's catch was better? All right? Seaton does, Marvin and like every possible metric correct because.
Speaker 5: Uh, well one just the it's it's so far behind his head, his body is almost parallel to the ground when he catches it like he's it's a generational catch. It's arguably the greatest catch of all time. He had somebody said he jumped in the air a rookie and landed a superstar. It's like it.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 5: It was a massive and it was on the sideline too. It was tough to stay in it, not like he was in the middle of the field. Yeah, right at the goal line. It's iconic.
Speaker 3: Well, it happened a standalone game against the Cowboys. That's why it became larger than life. Unbelievable catch.
Speaker 5: So his last Night's standalone game not the same because it was on Amazon. Yes, even though it was a standalone game, it was on a streaming service.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Monday night football is a whole lot bigger than Thursday night football. And going against the Cowboys, no matter what you do, is always bigger than doing it against anybody else. So those things played into that. I mean, it's an unbelievable catch. It's almost one of those. As I said, the contortion in a portion of that, that's what makes it so crazy to even think you could make that catch. Garrett Wilson's was just in traffic, got it, grabbed, it, touched down, knee foot, all of that pushed off.
Speaker 5: Then when got created the space.
Speaker 2: Could have could have That's part of football. Yeah, Pauline, I.
Speaker 4: Agree, Odell's felt a little more not possible when you watch the replay. That doesn't seem physically possible. Also, this is what almost eight nine years ago when he did it, one handed catches were not a thing yet, guys didn't practice them. Garrett Wilson's probably spent the past five years goofing around with one handed catches.
Speaker 2: With those gloves.
Speaker 4: Because of Odell Beckham, he invented the concept of practicing it. You saw him during warmups, he would practice it.
Speaker 3: OBJ never got better than that, Like that was like boom, here you go your rookie season. Now he did have really good numbers those first three years, but he disappeared, you know, with injuries we had. Baltimore was en route to maybe being the MVP of the Super Bowl a couple of years ago. Now he's with Miami. I don't even know if he's had any kind of impact. Haven't heard anything from OBJ. But that was the meteoric rise of Wow. He had that whole factor. And it was in New York. Then all of a sudden they went to South Beach. Then it seemed to start to go down hill. From there you had to stop in Cleveland. I get he's had kind of a circuitous route here in his career, but those first three years you could probably match those with just about anybody. Pretty impressive there, So is there David Tyree's catches the greatest catch them all time because.
Speaker 2: Of the catch or the importance or the combo both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he caught it with his helmet with Rodney Harris and a Hall of Famer draped all over him in the Super Bowl. I don't know if you could have a better catch than that, unless we're gonna say Franco Harris with the ricochet to have the wherewithal to keep running on the play that he wasn't involved in to then get it and create the immaculate reception.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Seen right.
Speaker 5: I think this is where we're going to start getting to most impactful catch versus greatest catch versus most important catch for almost like we do with like quarterbacks, saying like, well, Aaron Rodgers is the most talented quarterback of all time, but Michael Vick is the greatest one of Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback, but Joe Montana is the greatest quarterback. You kind of split them all into things.
Speaker 2: That he caught it with his helmet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like it's as much luck as as it is anything else.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess ob Chase was luck too. There's luck involved in it. He's still haunt it with his helmet. He did with Rodney Harrison all over him. Rodney's pulling on him when he gets it and puts it against his helmet.
Speaker 2: It's also the last catch of his career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wait, he never Yeah, he never caught another pass. He got injured in that game. He came back next year, he was on IR and never made another NFL catch.
Speaker 5: Okay, so the poll question is greatest catch of all time?
Speaker 2: Is there another one you'd factor in.
Speaker 5: There doing obj we're doing apparently Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, right, if that's yes, Tom, couldn't you argue the helmet helped.
Speaker 6: Him secure the ball.
Speaker 12: That actually was almost a crutch in a way, like if he didn't have the helmet on, he probably went to be able to make the catch.
Speaker 2: The helmet actually helped him, So the helmet gets the credit.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I think as amazing as the catch was, the helmet helped him. He was able to press the ball and use his helmet to kind of get control of the ball. So it's a good thing he had the help.
Speaker 3: Run down the list of guys who have caught balls with their helmets, Todd Yeah, no, no, I'll wait, how many other guys.
Speaker 12: If you can use your equipment, that was very smart for him to use your equipment to help you make the catch.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, I will throw out Julian Edelman's catch in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl versus Atlanta a lot of its importance because they were down eight at the time. I just watched it again. He gets the ball, gets tipped, he gets hit, and then there's three guys. The ball hits the ankle of a Falcons player. Julian scoops his arms underneath another leg grabs it and it bounces again and he scoops it up an inch from the ground. It It didn't look realistic, and the more you watch it, the better it gets. If you haven't seen.
Speaker 3: Well, Edelman has had two catches in the Super Bowl that okay, not the greatest catches, but that hit he took against Cam Chancellor against Seattle. I think that Edelman got knocked out on his feet, I truly do, and he still somehow stumbled for like six or eight more yards.
Speaker 2: That hit.
Speaker 3: You could hear it in the stadium. And the riccochet with the Falcons that was amazing as well. Guess Todd, if you look poised to add something, no, I just.
Speaker 12: I think I'm gonna go with the Wilson catch him last night with the to be able to get the shin down and Paul had mentioned too, how do you how does your body contort in such a way that your shin can go down before your knee?
Speaker 6: I think Seton mentioned it earlier.
Speaker 12: Is your leg shaped in such a way that your shin can actually get down before your knee gets down?
Speaker 6: That was amazing last night. And he didn't have to use his helmet to security.
Speaker 2: No he did not, No, he did not.
Speaker 3: Let me see, do we want to get a couple of phone calls in here?
Speaker 2: I just went back and looked at the Edelman catch.
Speaker 4: It was a third and fourteen and they were down ten in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh against Seattle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gets hit and then he gets back to his feet like he never goes down, but he is clueless.
Speaker 2: For the play.
Speaker 3: And I asked him about that. I said, did you get a concussion? And you know, he of course was brushing it off, but there is there's there's no way that he wasn't. At least your bell was rung, so that is you know, the beginnings were a portion of a concussion there. That hit is one of the it was it was violent. Cam Chancellor, who's twice the size of Julian Edeman, hits him and it was my god, I can still you know, recall how that sounded.
Speaker 5: Cam Chancellor was what a player, man, that dude. He might be underrated, he was a hell of a player.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: He's one of the last great hitters in the history of football because you can't hit, you know, anywhere near the way it used to be when Ronnie A. Lott hits you, it hurt.
Speaker 5: You got to imagine that if you're you're a wide receiver or tight end whoever, and you're playing the Seahawks and Cam Chancellor's back there, you're all always aware of where he is because as soon as you go up for that those arms start going up to catch that past year already like oh yeah, I know, and then you get alligator arms because you want to you want to give the impression.
Speaker 3: Hey man, sorry I couldn't get that, oney Tom, I tried.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, my arms went out. Wait wait, no, your arms do go further. You can extend them? Yeah you sure?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Cam Chancellor waiting, Man, what a dude. Man, Already, take a break, got our play of the day up next to your phone, calls Charles Barkley in a half hour from.
Speaker 1: Now, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wap oh My God.
Speaker 2: Of the Day. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 9: Check the shout takes, the snap fore man rush, Lob's long left and.
Speaker 1: The ends on for Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 4: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Did he get to feet down?
Speaker 9: Well, you may have heard the rulings just as we come back.
Speaker 8: What you are.
Speaker 9: Certainly hearing in the background his MetLife stadium coming apart at the seams and celebrating an incredible touchdown catch bike Karen Wilson.
Speaker 3: Courtesy of the Jets Radio Network. Play of the Day brought to you by Rapid Radios Instant Push to Talkualkie Talkies offering national LGE coverage for clear connection just a touch of a button. Great communication device for kids. We use him on the show. Go to Rapid Radios dot com up to sixty percent off and free shipping. Doug in North Carolina, Hi Doug, what's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Mookie versus Mookie? Just as you guys were doing, I want to compare a recent plate of an infamous play. What was worse? When you think of all the dribblers hit the first by a guy named Mooki in the World Series Mokie Wilson in eighty six. What's more notorious or what happened the other night with Mookie Betts? I think it's what happened the other night?
Speaker 3: No, because the Dodgers are up three games to one, Like, there was no consequence, you know that that was just one of those where you go, okay, that keeps something along.
Speaker 2: Bill Buckner had the ball go through his legs.
Speaker 3: The Mets ended up winning that game and then ended up winning the next game.
Speaker 2: They won the World Series.
Speaker 3: This was hey they there was a screw up by the Yankees, and you still had to have some other things happen in that, but there wasn't something hanging in the balance where if he somehow they get that ground out that the Yankees win the World Series. If that had happened, then it becomes a whole lot bigger than it was. Brian and san Antonio. Hi, Brian, how's it going?
Speaker 15: Danny?
Speaker 2: Hey Man?
Speaker 15: I got a limerick for Fritzy, And then if we have time, I'd like to ask about Croppenberg State. So we'll start with a limerick Okay, there once was a guy named Fritzy. His comments are usually iffy. He tries to rhyme sales most of the time. Life's seconds lost are.
Speaker 4: Fifty okay, Okay, thanks Brian, It's Brian and San Antonio.
Speaker 2: Okay with that, I am okay.
Speaker 12: I like when everyone plays along and tries to do limericks and headlines and stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, John Time John in Pennsylvania. Hi, John, what's on your mind?
Speaker 16: Good morning day and proud high School a lom of the Concrete kids. I have three quick points for you. I was watching a Motown special on all that great music you and I grew up with. And the house band were called the Punk Brothers. And in that house band, the bass player was James Jammerson aka Jimmy Jimmerson.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thank you, John. We haven't heard from Jimmy Jimmerson in a while. I guess I can ask Jimmy what he thought of the Jets win last night over the Texans.
Speaker 5: Well, Dan, as you know, the Jets beat the Texans last night. Very impressive whin standalone games, something that Jets really needed to galvanize the team. Right now, things are still a mess. They're still in an interim ed coach Aaron Rodgers, still getting a sea legs. DeVante Adams just getting up to speed. He's their latest acquisition and they made a trade for him about two weeks ago. And the Jets right now hoping to build off of this momentum. Thank you, Jimmy once again, very detailed report.
Speaker 2: They gave me.
Speaker 5: Want two point five million dollars a year if I just get rid of the bags under my eyes?
Speaker 2: Can I have some cosmetic surgery?
Speaker 5: If I could just get rid of the bags under my eyes, I'd be making somewhere in the ballpark of two point three to two point five million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: You could be a contributor to get up on ESPN.
Speaker 5: I'll be there all day.
Speaker 2: Put me through the car washer, I'll do radio. I'll do it.
Speaker 5: I could spit that bull crap out all day long.
Speaker 3: All you do Sometimes you just repeat the things that everybody else knows, and it's okay. But if you do it in a way that sounds like wow, Adam Schefter and I are reporting that this is happening, there you go. Yes, As I'm reporting the Jets one last night and Garrett Wilson had one of the great catches of all time. We're talking about one one handed great catches of all time, yes time.
Speaker 6: And at three and six, the Jets have no room for error.
Speaker 12: They're gonna probably win every game, maybe one loss if they're gonna Holp for the playoff.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, how do you cover the Jets today? If a week ago you said that the biggest embarrass meant in the sport, everyone should be fired. Aaron Rodgers should be moved on from well, who's saying that? A number of people in big time.
Speaker 3: Well, I need to know who those people are to then follow up what they're gonna follow up with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess what I'm saying is, how do you go that extreme? And then you look at the Jets and had a nice win last night.
Speaker 3: They well, everybody in the media has to have a hot take. They have to tell you something. You can't say, Hey, you know what, let's give them a chance if they beat the Texans and they win a couple of games and then they're buying nobody is saying that. And now that they win and they went at home and they look impressive and winning, now you're going to get people say, you know the Jets got a chance. This is how it works. It's week to week, it's game to game. Whether you were in on Rogers last week and now you're in on Rogers this week, that's the game. That's the game that's played in the media. Barry and Santa Fe, Hi Berrye.
Speaker 13: Good morning Fellas, Good morning check bro. It was a birthday Halloween miracle in the meadow Lands last by trick or treat for the Jet Jets. The trick the chowder had dropping the ball on the one yard line. The treat Garrett Wilson's amazing catch. And I know that I could speak for all Jets fans when I say that we were not comfortable until I recovered the on site kick. Then we had a pretty good shut at winning the game. Also, Paulie, you want to be really badass this weekend, show up to tailgate with your eyepatch and the match in kilt.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be us. I'm kilt shopping.
Speaker 3: Nothing says tough like a kilt. Yeah, nothing underneath. Andrew in Washington, Hi Andrew, Oh, good.
Speaker 17: Morning, DP and Bennett have to meet Friday. Just have a few points about last night's game. You guys did look at the schedule. I think the Jets have a favorable schedule up until Week seventeen, when they meet their only team with a winning record so far. All the rest are five hundred below. That's going to be the Bills in week seventeen, which will be the test to see if they get into the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers broke a tie last night with Drew Brees and Peyton Manning as far as most three TD passes in primetime games, so now he has twenty four. Only Tom Brady was twenty nine.
Speaker 13: They have a.
Speaker 17: Possible poll question bigger loss this week, Pauli being absent for a few days or just Fritzy for the last hour and Friday.
Speaker 3: Mmm, I would say Pauli for a couple of days. Noah, Fritzy's value and you know he can make up for it by not being here for the last hour. But we're not going to be talking about that anymore, right ton.
Speaker 6: We could probably move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just move on.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I don't think they're fans out there care whether the known for eleven to twelve.
Speaker 2: Or not here, Are you sure?
Speaker 12: I'm pretty positive their lives will not be affected by if I'm not here for.
Speaker 3: The why are you just check social media before I move on?
Speaker 6: For this topic, you got to speak back to those guys.
Speaker 3: One hour gone, todd only has one more hour. Charles Barkley will join us coming up next