Speaker 1: All right, we got a brand new episode for you.
Speaker 2: It is the Second Date Podcast and this is Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. And when I say the entire room was shocked, that is a understatement. When we found out the real reason this guy wanted to switch tables at the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still mid gas, dude.
Speaker 2: Seriously, seriously, this one is gonna blow you away. And I know there's gonna be a lot of comments on it, So let's get to those comments that we've got from this week.
Speaker 1: What do you like? Linda Scott wrote, Hi from Bulgaria. I found you on Instagram and got hooked.
Speaker 3: Now I listen to you every day while doing a one thousand piece puzzle.
Speaker 4: Keep it up.
Speaker 1: A thousand piece puzzle every day. That's a lot of pieces for making tapes for a while. It can't be one day.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's really smart, maybe they're made differently.
Speaker 6: Made a lot of money for that.
Speaker 1: Hey, we love it, and let's get this episode started.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the second date of day.
Speaker 5: If you go out on a really good first date, it might end in a little kiss, It could end in a tender hug. Or if you're lucky a three way chicken fight with your parents, and I don't even know what that is, sitting on top of each other's shoulders inside of the pool. But one of our listeners says she got something else at the end of her night, a two word whisper in her ear, and she's not sure really what it.
Speaker 7: Meant, if anything, So let's talk to her.
Speaker 1: I just cringe thinking whispering.
Speaker 7: It could be something really nice and romantic.
Speaker 6: Baby Angie, Welcome.
Speaker 7: To the show. I'm very curious about this whisperer.
Speaker 5: But before we get to that, first tell us the guy's name and how you met him.
Speaker 6: Whisper it to us.
Speaker 1: N no more whispering, No more whispering.
Speaker 7: Until the actual whisper happened. At that its disy heat.
Speaker 6: I know, the radios down or.
Speaker 7: Up there, I don't know.
Speaker 4: How.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's kind of embarrassing. But we met on plenty of fish, which I know people don't even use anymore.
Speaker 6: But yeah, there's actual only fish on their question.
Speaker 1: What drove you to plenty of fish?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's just one of those that, like I said, up a profile I don't even know how long ago. And then I'll get in a relationship and I'll get off it. But like I can just go reactivate it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, question does it even have an app or you have to use a browser?
Speaker 7: I don't even know. It only operates over facts now, okay.
Speaker 1: I thought it still was printed out on the back of the weeklies.
Speaker 7: That could be.
Speaker 6: I want to go.
Speaker 5: But the important thing is that you matched with this Nicholas guy.
Speaker 7: So tell us what did you do for your date?
Speaker 3: We went to dinner. We went to a tie place, which is one of my faves, so that was good.
Speaker 2: Did he remember that it was one of your favorites because that's always like really nice too.
Speaker 3: Well, I picked it, so that means that.
Speaker 7: He deserves credit a little bit for going along. So let's get it.
Speaker 3: And I'm a lady who knows what she likes and it's padi.
Speaker 7: Awesome. So what did you think when you first saw each other.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like we hit it off. I mean, I will say dating kind of sucks, and I feel like a lot of times they get like flirty to the point that you're like, all right, dude, calm down, Like they'll ask you for sexy pictures before you've even met, and he didn't. He was more like soft spoken, more like a like a nerdy type.
Speaker 4: But it was.
Speaker 2: Cute and he was respectful of your bountries.
Speaker 5: So a nice guy. That's sweet and considerate. I'm surprised you didn't unmatch him.
Speaker 7: Immedia, Right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's really funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, was there any like, I don't know, moments of real flirtation that happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it felt like a good first day for the most part, but like I don't know, they'd be like I'd ask him a question and there'd be like a five seconds delay and then he would go and answer, and it wasn't weird at all, but.
Speaker 1: Like just staring at you for the five seconds.
Speaker 2: You know, though, some people are just bad at timing in a conversation. Have you ever talked to somebody who like takes really long pauses and you're like.
Speaker 1: Wait, due, do I go?
Speaker 6: Do we not go?
Speaker 1: Like, maybe his timing is just a little off.
Speaker 7: Maybe what are you talking about me?
Speaker 2: Sorry he waited to answer.
Speaker 7: So I like to think of it as I'm just a good listener.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was done talking. I mean, he was checking his phone a lot, so I wonder if maybe, like maybe I thought I was boring. I don't know, you know what, I think this is.
Speaker 8: Mind blowing to me. He does something that I could never do, and that is think before he speaks.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking Google before he speaks.
Speaker 7: Google second fast.
Speaker 1: I know, maybe he's having AI listening thing.
Speaker 3: Was one point, like early on, after we sat down, like before we had ordered anything, he was like, oh man, it's really loud over here. And he was like, do you mind if we moved to like the back where it's quire And I was like, no, that's fine, and they moved us out.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I honestly think we're over thinking it.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking what jose was thinking, like, if this is a really sweet, nice guy who's trying to come off like he really cares, he might take a second to try and come up with a really good answer to your questions and blurting stuff.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: The whole point is that the awkward pauses didn't bother you, right, No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Say they bothered me.
Speaker 4: I just it was weird.
Speaker 2: It was noticeable because they probably didn't bother him. That's how he communicated to him.
Speaker 6: He was like that was a normal back and.
Speaker 7: Forth totally so overall pretty solid date.
Speaker 5: I'm really really interested though, in the end here when he whispers something into the two words wait.
Speaker 2: I want to know if he waited five seconds before he did the run.
Speaker 7: Us through what happened there?
Speaker 3: Okay, so end of the day, we were like outside of the restaurant about to go our separate ways. I give him a hook and win, I hug him. He whispers in my ear, good.
Speaker 4: Job, good job, good job.
Speaker 3: Like sums up good job.
Speaker 6: Well that's weird. B. Maybe he just doesn't know how to end a date.
Speaker 1: Like maybe it was any dialogue that came out. Maybe he was talking to you.
Speaker 5: Is it like the thing where you're you're wanting to be like hey, good date, or like in two words that you mix two things together and accidentally say something awkward.
Speaker 2: It could be the whole reason he's not calling you back, because he's like, God, what did I say that?
Speaker 3: I mean maybe, but like even after he said it, I was like, wait, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: What did he say?
Speaker 3: He just he put his finger to his mouth like like it's our secret. But I have no idea what he was talking about.
Speaker 6: What is happening that romantic.
Speaker 1: But anytime a man puts his finger to his I don't like lips. It's creepy.
Speaker 3: Anybody nobody should.
Speaker 7: So have you texted him since the date ended?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So we were, you know, we were. We had like a cute little back and forth before the day, you know, we'd like send each other memes or whatever, so like I did that, but no, I have not gotten any response.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, something's up. We're gonna come back rate that's not okay. We're gonna call this plenty of Fisher, and we're gonna see what he has to say when we come back and get you your second date.
Speaker 7: Update right after this.
Speaker 6: Update.
Speaker 5: It's the two words that every little boy is dying to hear from his unapproving father.
Speaker 7: Good job, Yeah, proud of your son.
Speaker 1: We're proud of you, Jeff.
Speaker 5: That's not exactly what a woman wants to have whispered into her ear at the end of a first game.
Speaker 1: I thought we were gonna go into Jeff's therapy session.
Speaker 5: We do nearly enough time, okay, But it's what happened to our listener Angie after she hung out with a guy named Nicholas the other night. He gave her a and then softly said, good job.
Speaker 6: Girls are not happy about this. What she wasn't either, right.
Speaker 7: I don't think any woman would be happy about that. But we've got a.
Speaker 5: Lot of questions about the good job, about some of the other weird stuff that was happening during the day. Angie said she's willing to look past it if she can get another chance with him, because he seemed like a great guy.
Speaker 2: He said that he was like a little reserved, a little nerdy, Like those are some of the quirks that come with nerdy, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's the thing though, Like it's so hard to meet an actual, nice, respectful guy, and I just feel like he was And I'm assuming I mess up, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Do you think you messed up? And that's why you.
Speaker 3: Weally it's the person who calls in that messed up. And like I said, maybe thought I was boring.
Speaker 6: I don't know, probably was becoming self aware.
Speaker 1: No, you don't like that.
Speaker 7: Are you cool?
Speaker 5: If Nicholas has an unapproving father, is that okay?
Speaker 3: I can deal with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, it's good.
Speaker 1: It'll be something Jeffrey and he can bond.
Speaker 7: Yes, also good about it. So let's call him. I'm a Dallas number right now. Let's see if he picks up.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey, is this Nicholas Listen Nick, hey man, thanks for answering. You are on a radio show right now called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Nicholas, How are you man?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Why am I on a radio show?
Speaker 1: Great question?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, I don't know. Have you ever heard of something called a second date update before?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think so, I think so.
Speaker 1: Oh you have.
Speaker 2: Okay, congrats, you know who we are.
Speaker 7: Now you get to be a part of one.
Speaker 5: So the way that it works is one of our listeners has reached out to us hoping that.
Speaker 7: We could get a hold of you.
Speaker 4: A girl named Angie, Andie's trying to get a hold of me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you remember her?
Speaker 1: You guys wing to ty food the other night.
Speaker 5: She's hoping that she could maybe get another chance to hang out with you again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I don't. I don't think that's going to work out.
Speaker 2: Really Okay, it sounded like such a good date.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, before you even go there, Nicholas, I'm just gonna let you know, she said, that she really liked you and that you two shared a good vibe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I thought Angie was nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she didn't mention that.
Speaker 5: Actually, Nicholas, she mentioned a few odd things that happened on the date, and she wasn't sure if maybe those were early signs that you weren't interested.
Speaker 2: In her, which actually turns out could be true. At this point, at first we thought she.
Speaker 4: Was nuts, But well, well what what did she What did she say?
Speaker 5: Well, like we just mentioned, there's like a delay in your responses a little bit during the normal conversation.
Speaker 6: Almost like you're only thinking of what you're going to say.
Speaker 7: Delay, Okay, almost happened again.
Speaker 2: I think he hasn't noticed that that is part of your conversation.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's okay.
Speaker 5: And also she said that you had to move to a quieter area. And I'm just going to let you know what the room thought when we heard everything. The room was wondering if maybe you had AI listening in on your conversation to help you respond to your date, because you were checking your phone a lot too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I don't know who the room is. Who's the who's the room?
Speaker 2: It was mostly Alexis people okay, because when we talked her, you know, we all give our ideas like, oh, maybe it could be this, maybe it could be that.
Speaker 7: These are just theories.
Speaker 5: So could you just be honest with us and tell us did you do that? Were you using AI to assist you?
Speaker 4: I was having some help on the date, but I wasn't using the AI some help on.
Speaker 1: The date, help from your phone.
Speaker 4: I was on the line with my ex, and she was. She was on the line with us the whole time.
Speaker 7: Your ex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean sometimes I just need help. So she's kind of like a security blanket for me.
Speaker 2: She wait, you date, did you have like earbuds in and you were listening to your ex at the same time you were listening to her?
Speaker 4: No? No, she was just on mute, like she couldn't say anything. She wasn't coaching me. I just wanted her to hear everything.
Speaker 8: So she's kind of taking notes and then later you will call her and she will go over the notes.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: Volunteers to listen to hours of your dates?
Speaker 7: What what a kind woman?
Speaker 4: Well, it's part of our post breakup growth agreement.
Speaker 7: Wait, post break up growth agreement wore.
Speaker 6: In that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we mutually agreed upon and I listened to her dates too on occasion. It's just we help each other get through our past breakup and move into a new one. So it's healthy and very healthy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's a very conscious uncoupling like your new dates.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well that is a good point, because he said sabotage.
Speaker 4: You know she was not a fan of Angie.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, but how did you feel about her?
Speaker 4: I was enjoying myself, but she mentioned that she seemed like a try hard, And then when I was thinking about it, I think that she might be kind of a try hard.
Speaker 2: Whoa wait, wait, don't you want people to try hard on a first day?
Speaker 3: Excuse me? How was I a try hard?
Speaker 1: That's coming in hard?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh my god, Nicholas, you might find this funny, but your ex girlfriend and Angie have a lot in common because she's actually been on the phone listening in on this conversation.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's not that's not fair. I didn't I didn't know that. I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Angie didn't know that X was listening to her either.
Speaker 7: Yeas to be judging, but Angie.
Speaker 4: But she was hi, Angie there you go. Hi.
Speaker 3: I mean you're saying this is a healthy thing, but you also said your ex is your security blankets. So it doesn't feel like you're ready to be dating other people.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, Well, in most relationships, people don't have the right closure and then they hold on to the past, and so this is a way to move on to my future. Yeah, you're not moving on.
Speaker 3: You're literally still relying on your ex to make your decisions down there, we're dating.
Speaker 4: Well, we spent a lot of time together, so she knows me really well, and she sees things from the opposites x that I might not see.
Speaker 3: Then maybe you guys should be together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's not. It's not like that. We're not romantically involved whatsoever. It's just we have a year left in our post break up growth agreement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a long time.
Speaker 6: You're kind of each other's life.
Speaker 2: Coaches, really, can't you just recap the date with your ex instead of having her the whole time?
Speaker 4: Well, see, there's trigger words and things that she'll say, like, well, that's the red flag that I don't typically see.
Speaker 7: This does make sense now why he whispered good job at the very.
Speaker 5: End of the date.
Speaker 7: He wasn't saying it to Angie. He was saying it to his ex girlfriend who was listening.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: No, I was talking to Angie. I did whisper good job because I thought that we were going to get to go on another date because I enjoyed myself and I didn't want my ex to hear her.
Speaker 3: Nicholas, so you're not to go out with me again? And you listen hearing me.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I actually think Nicholas is over his ex. I think your ex Nicholas is not. And I don't think you're seeing that correctly.
Speaker 4: I mean that's the possibility, and I and I kind of agree with that, but we still have our agreement and I have said.
Speaker 1: That, rip it up.
Speaker 4: Okay, what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And if all she could come up with is she's a try hard as the biggest red flag.
Speaker 8: Oh man, that's a weak red flag.
Speaker 3: And I didn't try that hard. I didn't even shave my legs for that day.
Speaker 7: There must be some clause in your contract with her.
Speaker 5: They'll let you get out of it when you find an amazing new girl like Angie here.
Speaker 3: Because I have a question, what if I had put out on the first date, which you have been listening in. Oh my god, that.
Speaker 4: Our date, whether it's supposed to go over an hour and a half, I know, we were already pushing it at an hour forty times agreement.
Speaker 5: Where he was already breaking the rules a little bit. Yeah, so the band aid's starting to come off.
Speaker 6: Or he's like, hold on, let me ask my ex, Hey, can I sleep with this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Angie, just real quick, first, are you still interested in meeting up with Nicholas again?
Speaker 7: After what you know?
Speaker 6: There's no way.
Speaker 7: Oh I thought you were okay, No.
Speaker 2: Jeff that would have been wild if she said, yeah, let he breaks the thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: Angie doesn't want to extend the offer anymore. So Nicholas, we're not obviously going to give you another date with Angie here.
Speaker 8: But funny if his girlfriend has been on the line this whole time too, Oh yeah, wait is she?
Speaker 6: Is she on the third line?
Speaker 3: What's her name?
Speaker 2: Let's say hi, froaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: So his ex was on the phone on mute, listening to the entire date for an hour and forty minutes, taking notes, and she said no, I mean that's shocking.
Speaker 1: I really thought that that was going to walk out.
Speaker 6: I tried to call my ex over and over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's gonna answer.
Speaker 5: I don't get it, jeff I guess the fascinating thing to me is if she would have said yes. Could you imagine that conversation where Nicholas is really excited and he calls you, like, hey, great news, we get to.
Speaker 7: Go out again.
Speaker 5: My ex gave you the thumbs up, first one in six months, congrabs, she prooves.
Speaker 2: It really did sound like Nicholas was over his ex and his ex isn't overham Yeah, like.
Speaker 6: No girls or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, whatever it is, it is a messy situation.
Speaker 6: Did she give him away at the wedding?
Speaker 1: She's still hoping that she is the one?
Speaker 7: Yeahless no fine out.
Speaker 5: But speaking of messy situations, our social media YouTube TikTok Instagram mess You could see all of our second dates on there, and those are messy for sure. Make sure to comment, like subscribe at Brooke and Jeffrey. We appreciate all of our listeners and if you ever need help in your dating life, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.