Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. Then here in Yurby and Caroline Hepcat alongside Tom McKenzie, and we're joined by Bloomberg's equities reporter Sam Unsted. At leisure, such a great word. We're going to talk about Lulu Lemon Athletica this morning. Yeah, at leisure. It's kind of my illusion of fitness by wearing fitness. Git, what about the company? Yes, So Lulu Lemon some quite poorly received results last night. So a lot of this is because of tariffs, so their supply chain has been kind of upended, particularly all across Asia. That's the same really for most sporting goods companies. This morning, you're seeing Puma and adid Us, Pumgy and ads g Y in Germany both tipping a little bit. I think what you're starting to see within that sector is how well each company is going to cope with this. So Luly Lemon, for example, are in the midst of trying to find some other growth avenues, So they've had two pretty poor quarters in a row. They're trying to go into new areas like golf for example, and a bit more into into running. If you're trying to do that kind of strategic shift where you've also got this big tariff story over the top of all of it, that's pretty negative. Their shares actually fell about twenty percent in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, questions about whether or not they have to put up prices even more because it was one hundred dollars or something for a pair of more suspected jogging leggings or something. They have to put those up.
Speaker 3: In terms of me as if you don't have fancy workout giar.
Speaker 1: A fancy workout game now to an excu secrew up kind of part of the foot seat tell us about why Fieldtronics stock is falling from orbit.
Speaker 4: So this is a small cap UK stock ftc ln. They dropped about fifteen percent earlier today. So they are a component maker, but specifically they make modules for the Starlink satellite constellation, so run by SpaceX. So Donald Trump and Elon Musk and their argument beginning with you know, well beginning a few weeks ago, but in the last couple of days with Donald Trump saying that they considering ripping away a lot of Elon Musk's contracts from the government. Must then talking about decommissioning the drag and spacecraft. That battle is starting to hit Fildtronic. So they these contracts. They've had an expansion of these contracts over the last few months that has pushed their shares up quite a bit, and so today they are getting caught in this Musk Trump spat.
Speaker 3: That's interesting, Okay, so the fallout then from the White House. Meanwhile, you got a chip on its shoulder this morning, also tell us why.
Speaker 4: Yes, so chip stocks dipping a little bit. Infini and in Germany IFx do I and then st micro stm I am in Italy as well, both dipping a little bit because of broad Comm. So broad Comm's results very high expectations going into those results and actually very similar. We're very deep into earning season.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: What you're seeing now is investors tried to decipher like who who is doing well, who is picking up all these AI orders? Where are they going? As I say, expectations for broad come very very high. The results are overall sort of considered to be a bit tepid. They're overall like not too bad. But when you've got expectations that you get with AI going into those numbers, they didn't quite meet those expectations.
Speaker 1: Before we let you go. Probably the foot one hundred performing quite well in the in the last few weeks. Is it where you and the team look at the foot two one hundred quite quite a lot of detail on daily basis. Has it got legs to go to go further from here? What's kind of driving the momentum?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think what's happened actually is that the composition of the footso one hundred has changed quite a bit. So defense companies in particular are now more important, say to the footy one hundred than commodities companies are. The waiting there is much bigger than say miners banks as well have become much much more important than UK banks have been performing very very well. So what you've seen really is kind of a slight shift in the way that I think investors look at the footsoo one hundred. Unfortunately, probably not a shift that's made it enormously or exciting for investors, but that defense stopped gain in particular has given it a big bost.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.