Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading, with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifeller.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Steneveeck. Along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We are joined by Bloomberg News cross asset reporter Emily GRAFFEO. Emily, let's start with Apple.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Apple.
Speaker 4: I know you guys were just talking about it, and the call is about to start for these earnings Right now, the stock has paired initial gains. We are in the post market. It's up about one percent in the post market. It had spike to about three percent higher. The results are pretty positive for first quarter revenue beating. It's coming in one hundred and forty three eight point seven to six billion versessments of about one hundred and thirty eight China revenue beating, and then iPhone revenue beating as well. Our very own Mark German from Blueberg News talking about how one thing that we want to kind of watch here as the hardware launches, which we kind of forget about, right Apple, It's like, that's right, they're really a hardware company here, so watching for new max iPads and iPhones.
Speaker 3: And they also just launched a new air tag earlier this week.
Speaker 4: No oh really, okay, wait, what's so special about like a new air tag.
Speaker 1: This one's fifty louder and can be you can find stuff from fifty percent further away for somebody like, thank you, Carol for finding my wallet the other day on a completely different floor of this building.
Speaker 3: I did not open it take any money. It's impressive.
Speaker 1: It was you did ask well because you said I took all the money, so you didn't take all the money. I did not take any Unprecedented demand is the way that you Cook described the demand for the iPhone in the recent quarter. Yeah, say no more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say no more.
Speaker 1: Microsoft and Meta, these were tree that played out in the regular trade. We were talking about their earnings twenty four hours ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's kind of two different stories here because Meta was up about ten point four percent.
Speaker 3: It was the biggest jump in that stock since July.
Speaker 4: Revenue was stronger than expected, and that helped offset the impact of higher AI spending. That's really what all investors are focused on. For Meta, you have Mark Zuckerberg coming out talking about how this company is going to be spending hundreds of billions of dollars on AI. The question is can they deliver, and at least for right now, it looks like they can. Vital Knowledge said their revenue forecast was quote very healthy, and then their spending outlook for twenty twenty six is elevated.
Speaker 3: They do see capex.
Speaker 4: For the year about one hundred and fifteen billion to one hundred and thirty five billion. Again that's just for this year, but Vital Knowledge noting investors will continue to have questions about this. The firm has the revenue and they have the cash to support these outlets. So that's what people keep coming back to, is that they still have this balance sheet, they can spend, they can boost their revenue, and so overall Meta it was higher.
Speaker 3: Microsoft was a different story.
Speaker 4: That stock wiping out or that company wiping out three hundred and fifty seven billion dollars massive in value today.
Speaker 1: First Station's twenty twenty right.
Speaker 3: Yes, and when you think about that number, three hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: Seven billion dollars in value, that is higher than the market cap of almost all of the companies in the SMP five hundred, so I mean listen, it's it's a very large market cap company. So when the stock moves even like just ten percent, we have these massive wipeouts. But again it's all coming to records coming on AI. But the growth in their cloud usits load.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.