Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: This ain't the little itty bitty teeny tiny Bowl, this is Super Bowl fifty nine. Get in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of Super Bowl fifty nine. Scored touchdown is key to hoisting bets Lombardi Trophy and you have a shot to score big by betting on them at Draft King Sportsbook, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something simple like a player to scored six. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet.
Speaker 1: Download the Draft King Sportsbook app.
Speaker 2: Use code Money Moves, that's code money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus best instantly when you bet just five books only on Draft King Sportsbook.
Speaker 1: The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred Gambler dot nat. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction Voyd and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boys on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister Boostmobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or you're near boost mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. Hello, I'm shining sharp and I'm also a roast sponsor. Roast sparks are amazing for guys who want to boost in the bedroom because they work fast and last long, listen, We're about to get a little explicit. So you heard it from me, Maybe you heard too much from me how much I love roast sparks. But I'm not the only one. These reviews are for grown folks.
Speaker 2: Only One person said, while my wife and I went on vacation for five days, I used roast sparks a couple of times and we had fun nine times fun in that week alone. Okay, cut, I'm talking about that. What I'm talking about right there, that's him. Another customer said, boom, I'm superman. I cared roast sparks in my pocket at all times, full stop. And lastly, someone says, I'm not bragging, but my wife actually tapped out for the first time.
Speaker 1: Year calls it the UFC made to give it up.
Speaker 2: If prescribe, you get fifteen dollars off your first order of medication to get hard connect with the provider online Row dot co slash Nightcap to find out if roast barks are right for you. That's Row ro o dot co co slash Nightcap. Hell On, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 1: But it's in the day and it's brought to you by Boost Mobile.
Speaker 2: Visiting near's boost Mobile store or boost mobile dot com to join the nation nationwide five G network.
Speaker 1: Today we're joined by very very special guests. Barry He and his.
Speaker 2: Mom their promo promoting a visit line. They both did the treatment. Jane Daniels, who's going to be the runner one. He the other year after an outstanding season. He did something very very unique that very few rookies have ever done. He's led his team to two road playoff wins, as did the facto leader. He wasn't relying on his defense. They put a lot on his plate and he ate everything. I expect to see big things from this young man in the future. Congratulations on a great seaton. Jaydon Jayden, tell us about the treatment that you and your mom did within visil line.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm in the main thing for me, you know, it's parents.
Speaker 4: Man. Okay, you have him on that right. I do have them all right now. Okay, you have them all right now. But for me, I mean I have brace stuff like that. So it wasn't My team was always straight. It's like, man, let me have to this more so. I mean, just to partner with the visil line, man, the parents of everything. Everybody look at your teeth. Everybody look at the smile. First thing they noticed, bro, And that's how you get that money.
Speaker 1: I have a question.
Speaker 5: I want to I want to transition into football. Do you understand how special what you've done for an organization that has had chaos, turmoil and they haven't been at the depths of the bottom of the NFL, but they've always been in situations that weren't in favor of them in general. You understand you turned the organization around in one season.
Speaker 1: I'm not. There's no maturation.
Speaker 5: There hasn't been no no steady progress or a progressing to them turning things around. You came in in one year and literally turned the franchise around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you understand that? I think I think I'm kind of getting the grass of that. I didn't know how it's real talking. I didn't know how passionate Washington fan base was like me growing up because you never seen like them at the top and you've seen like the RG three years stuff like that. But when I really got there, I was like, when I got drafted, people were like, now I'm a Washington fan.
Speaker 1: I was like, I ain't.
Speaker 4: Never heard the like say that, right, right, right right, but now I'm excited to see everybody d n V, everybody around the world, you know, bringing out their Washington stuff, going out the driving out the basement and hanging the flags up and everything.
Speaker 1: So they excited like watching you play.
Speaker 5: And if you're a fan, if your commands, you understand with a quarterback like yourself, what you're able to do in a rookie year where there hasn't been no room for development.
Speaker 1: You know, most you wait for rookies to develop, you know, and then you know you see you have a.
Speaker 5: Chance, but you give a team hope for the next decade based off you'll play this season.
Speaker 1: And I commend you, I salute you.
Speaker 5: Been a fan for a very long time, man, but what you've done was special, and not very many quarterbacks, especially as a rookie, have been able to come in and do what you've done.
Speaker 2: When you look at what you've done, the expectations now you have to improve and build on what you've done. You can't become complacent, for sure, because you understand what is expected of you now. Only because they're talking about man, this guy, who's to say he's not a top five quarterback? As we sit here and speak currently, what does Jad and Daniels need to do to improve to make sure this year wasn't a fluke.
Speaker 1: Man. I just think, like you said, don't get complacent.
Speaker 4: And I think the veterans that I had, like one person I really land on the lot is Bobby Wagoner.
Speaker 1: Okay, he wags, so that that's my guy. Man.
Speaker 4: We have conversations me little things I remember like it shout out to him. I remember like we played a couple of games in a road game.
Speaker 1: We'll get back late, you.
Speaker 4: Know, you tired and everything, and he pulled me aside like, man, let's go get it.
Speaker 1: Let's go get these tubs.
Speaker 4: So we were up there at like three o'clock in the morning making sure your body's back right. But just little stuff like that is like never thinking that you know too much. There's always room to grow, So I mean outside you always get better technically and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It's a blessing.
Speaker 4: I get to be in the system that I was with Cliff another year, yes, so I can improve on that within that system. But just learning how to be a pro. You know, it's my first full all season. So I was like, Okay, I gotta figure out have a schedule like this while I'm gonna do is my ramp up period ota stuff like that, and just always have a hunger to get better.
Speaker 2: How do you block out the noise because obviously there's gonna be a lot that comes along with what you've been able to do. Yeah, your quarterback in the NFL, we know what comes along with the most important position in all of pro sports. So now the endorsement is gonna come. Now, more fame, more adulation, more praise. Everybody. Hey cub, what's up? Everybody freeing? Now everybody's a family member now. And as your mom saying, she's like, look, I know the women are coming, but hey, my son got a hob post. I got one through the I'm skiff farming them all out the way. How do you keep a level head and to understand that, yes, I understand what comes along with it, Jade Daniels, But I don't get outside of who.
Speaker 1: I am, man.
Speaker 4: I just think it comes to like you said, supports ism, mom, dad, like friends, family, everybody knows me for me and it's not here like okay, let me ride his hotel and stuff like that. So that's a big part. But also it's the time to play for everything. It's gonna be a time to have fun. It's gonna be a time to go out there and party, you know, make some money, do this, that and the third. But the main thing, man, none of this happened you on ball on the field, right, So that's the main thing, Like how do I get better to continue to success? And knowing like all right, first year is that like everybody's gonna have a full all season to watch it Fiel for year two. So it's like, man, I got to approve on different things and get better myself.
Speaker 5: Listen when you talk about that improvement, right, you guys were able to make the NFC Championship. What pieces to the puzzle do you think you you guys need to add to make your job a little easier. So the bulk or the weight of getting things done isn't always on your shoulders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I think for us it's like if you look at I think I've seen some We got like twenty some free agents like that on the team, So I mean.
Speaker 1: We gotta go.
Speaker 4: We got people back, So I think overall, just in general, man, we gotta we gotta get some people and we gotta bring people back. But uh, I on my job, man, My job is to get better. They bring in, we hold them to this standard that we set what DQ and them set and let the front office do what they do.
Speaker 1: Now, have a question.
Speaker 5: We talked about letting the front office do what they do. I know it's very early in your career. Do you think you would have any say on who you bring in, especially from my offensive perspective, to be able to.
Speaker 1: Help you out? And I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think if that time comes, we'll see if they call me, yeah, okay, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: They doing their job, like I told, I'll tell them, man, let's bring some dogs in.
Speaker 1: But I'm right here. If you need a dog, I'll let your way.
Speaker 2: When I look go back and look at this NFC Championship game thing, you guys that played well and the one thing that you hadn't done until the championship game was turned the ball over. And you know, I'm sure DQ and Wags have told you if you turn the ball over in the playoffs you pay double. You had four of those things. How differently do you believe the game would have been had you taken better care of the football, Because you guys were right there you had those consecutive turnovers.
Speaker 4: I think it came down so are I think it came down whoever had of the ball last. Obviously, like you said, turnovers, especially in the playoffs, man, play a huge factor. I mean, we turned the ball over against Philly in the regular season five times.
Speaker 1: That won the game.
Speaker 4: But in the playoffs, you know, it's different, man, it's a different type of beast. When you're in the playoffs, you're on the road, so obviously you're playing into the crowd, playing in the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: And man, they got dogs over there, they got superstars. Okay, this game right here.
Speaker 2: You got the two time defending champ in the Kansas City Chiefs led by Patrick Mahons and Andy Reid. You got the Eagles in your division. You play them three times this year. This is the second time back in three years. How do you see this game shaping up and who you have winning?
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna come down whoever got the ball last, I think so. I think obviously Sa Kwan and what they do. Jay Hurst, you got a J. Brown, and then on the other side Man, you got Pat. So it's hard to better gets Pat Man, especially he's been here. But I think it's who can carry more ternals, who can carry more negative players on the side of the ball, And I think it's gonna come down to the end. So for me, I think it's hard to better gets Pat. I can't say you know rightfully. So I love playing the Eagles right then in the division, but I think it's hard to better gets Pat Man.
Speaker 5: I really appreciate you, man, the legendary already icon Commander's quarterback, Jayden fucking Daniels.
Speaker 1: Maybe I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You appreciate it, man, Thank you for stopping by. He's ripping the Visis line. Go out there to get their treatment. He and his mom or get have the treatment done. They're very, very satisfied with the treatment. Thank you again, Jade mom, thank you for dropping him by. Appreciate child Jade Daniels, ladies and Joner know that, Hey, don't forget.
Speaker 1: To McDonald's man.
Speaker 2: Thank you God, that was a very interesting conversation with you. Thank you, thank you. That was a very that was He's a very, very humble young man. We had him on last year at the pre draft. He came on, gave us about fifteen twenty minutes old show and from the looks of it, he hasn't changed his persona, the way he approaches the game, hasn't.
Speaker 1: Changed his mom.
Speaker 2: Like I said, you recognized it before I did him like, well, who's this woman?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, But it was great to have him on and just to see.
Speaker 2: How he was able to handle the NFL season, the rigors of the NFL season, because you think about it, if when he left, they didn't have the twelve twenty playoffs, so they only had the fourteen the fourteen playoffs, so you're playing, say fifteen games, yes, sir, Well when you checked black.
Speaker 1: Then the preseason, boy, they still got another six game yo.
Speaker 2: So you think about so that's if you play the preseason, three preseason games, twelve regular season games, that's a college season if you go.
Speaker 1: All the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if you don't. Well you're done, you know, And they didn't, and he didn't play the bowl game. So now he's done after twelve weeks.
Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's three preseason game in nine regular season games and he's done.
Speaker 1: So now think about it. You got another half of college season to go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so for him to understand what it takes to be a pro professional, he's a professional athlete.
Speaker 1: A pro is how you go about doing your business.
Speaker 2: And to see how he is a pro in the utmost sense, it's a thing, it's a treat, it's a thing of beauty, witness.
Speaker 1: And you can tell him by the way he carries himself, the way he talks.
Speaker 5: So he's perfect for a position, especially when it comes to being a leader of men, being able to command the huddle, you know, get with veterans in there, you know, and to be able to act and be mature in the way he is. Now you could tell it started at home, Yes, it started at home.
Speaker 1: I love to see.
Speaker 2: I love to see the support system that he has that he has with him. His mom is always by his side, rightfully, so she obviously she's she's known him the longest, always has always have always will have his best interest in mine and I love to see that. I love to see us come together. I love to see that support system that he has. I mean, he has a group of very strong women by his side, and so that's great to see. That was Jade Daniels, Who's gonna be Rookie of the Year. Honors awards is are tomorrow night, and so that's when he'll get crowned. What ap NFL Rookie of the Year. Some very bears, select few people have won that award. It's a thing of beauty and he's very, very deserving and I'm happy to see it. But don't show this game, man. I mean, I go back and forth with this game on you. I really do U. I understand what the Eagles possessed defensively, they ban Joe. He likes to play Nickel defense, right. He wants to keep coopery to John on the field. So, in other words, he wants to play what we call a four two five four down lineman, two linebackers, five d n The question of the Chiefs when they go with their two tight ends, Yeah, because they like to play that a lot.
Speaker 1: Nor great Travis Kelson on the field simultaneous.
Speaker 2: We know they don't have a problem throwing out of that formation because they're hoping you bring nick personnel out there, and that leaves a mismatch.
Speaker 1: Now you've got a linebacker.
Speaker 2: Now you've got big people trying to cover Travis kelcel who's basically a pump up wide receiver. I think he's the goat tight end, but we know what he does in the receiving game. And nor Great, who's had an outstanding season because they've given him Because when teams were taking taking Travis Kelcey away, he was the guy that was stepping up and catching touchdowns. I was like o Jo, who like, hey man, y'all need to cover Nord Great. He's the one that's getting go for catching four or five tench downs. Y'all need to leave me beat. But it's very interesting because they're gonna have to find a way to control that boy, that boy dog in the middle, which is Jalen Carter.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's the guy. He can win MVP of the Super Bowl. Absolutely, he has that count of ability. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: But this is the thing about the Chiefs. When it comes to the Chiefs, I think about offensively. You watch them throughout the entirety of the season. You never know who Day is gonna be. Nope, you never know who there is no one Day. It might be with check Oh, it might be Noah Gree, it might be Travis Kelsey, it might be Exavier Worthy, Hell, it might be DeAndre Howkin. That's why I think danjil job is going to be so difficult from a defensive standpoint, because you don't know who Day is going to be. And Patrick ma Holmes one who's not gonna make mistakes. I'm gonna take what you give me. And if we got a march ninety yards down the field, I can do that without putting the ball in harm's way on the flip side of the ball. For the Chiefs as good as Spags is with that defense, how do you stop twenty six?
Speaker 1: That's the thing. How do you stop twenty six?
Speaker 5: And I understand that the game plan probably is if Jayla Hurst beats me.
Speaker 1: I could live with that. Yeah, I'm not letting a J.
Speaker 5: Brown beat me, Devontae Smith beat me. I can live with that. But I give you hell and give you Helen hold on. Yeah, I give you, I give you water in Hell. Yeah, No, come killahwall Our water twenty six ain't getting done, correct, It ain't gonna be him.
Speaker 1: No at all.
Speaker 2: And because we know and the thing you have to prevent those explosive players on Joe.
Speaker 1: Yes, because the Eagles are built a little differently, they do you good, all right. The thing that the Eagles are built differently than a lot of teams.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're built to be explosive in the run game, efficient in the passing game. Most teams want to be explosive in the past game, efficient in the run game. But there are very few teams that have a back like safety talent that can hit his head on the goal post from anywhere anywhere on the field. And so now when you when you have a guy that can do that. Okay, Jalen, We're not going to ask you to throw the ball forty times a game, but we ask you to be efficient. Take what they give you, some shallow crosses, some smoke routes, some bubble screens. We're not asking you to push the ball down the field continuously like you see a Joe Burrow, like you see some of these other quarterbacks in the league. And he's done a great job when he takes scare of the football the Eagles have an excellent chance of winning.
Speaker 1: When he puts the ball in harm's way.
Speaker 2: That's when they open themselves up to Now you can get yourself beat.
Speaker 5: But I think that's what Spags is gonna do. You know, nor most of the time, obviously it's a certain game.
Speaker 1: Spags. They always do what they do. They play two shells. Yes, you know, until you run them out of them.
Speaker 5: Now, if they have success running the ball offensively, the Eagles are one of the few teams where their style of players, like back in our day, you run the ball to open up the pass.
Speaker 1: Correct, you run the ball, open up the pass.
Speaker 5: So if they find a way to stop or contain maybe not stop, contain and don't allow him to hit his head off the goalposts to have big games, then it's gonna come down to the armor of Jalen Hurts. It's gonna come down a j Brown and Devontae Smith being efficient in the past game.
Speaker 1: I'm curious, what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You have to concede something. Yeah, you can't take away everything, Oh you can't. What do we feel they do the best? I feel they run the football for the best. Yes, that's what I'm gonna take away. I'm not saying Jalen Hurts can't throw the football. Clearly he can. He's been a Pro Bowl player. He finished what second or third in the MVP voting one year, so I'm not trying to minimize his ability to throw the football. But I'm saying it is my estimation looking at what the Eagles do and watching them the entire season.
Speaker 1: They run the ball better than they throw it.
Speaker 2: Yes, if i'm Spags, i am going to make them throw it in this game better than they run it because we've seen them come playoff time and for the most of the regular season them run.
Speaker 1: People off the feet, So that would be my approach.
Speaker 2: Please, guys, thank you for joining us for Nightcap again, brought to you by boost Mobile. Visitineers boost mobile store boostmobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network. Please make sure you guys hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you're like that like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you guys from joining us early this morning. We appreciate your support and you'll continue support. Please make sure you check out Shay by LAPORTI Ya what better way to celebrate twenty twenty five and potentially your team winning than with a bottle of Shade by Laportier eight. Now, if you cannot find Shae any city or state near you, order it and we would ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibly and please stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms.
Speaker 1: That's Shayshae Media.
Speaker 2: Add my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out everything just restart. Use Coach super Bowl for an additional ten percent off.
Speaker 1: We also drop beanies in every color.
Speaker 2: We've also introduced gift cards available in from twenty five to five hundred dollars. This takes the guests work out and let someone special pick exactly what they're want what they want. Tickets for our Super Bowl show tomorrow in New Orleans are on sale now. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. February sixth in New Orleans at the Mahelia Jackson Theater. Be there, Big Guesster lineup, Coach, Prime Master p Juvenile Flavor Play, James Harrison already pulling up.
Speaker 1: O Jo.
Speaker 2: Miles Garrett has requested a trade as a kid dreaming of the NFL. All I was focused on with the ultimate goal of winning of the Super Bowl, and these goals fuewed me today more than ever. While I love calling this city my home, my desire to win and compete on the biggest stages won't allow me to be complacent. The goal was never to come to Cleveland, to go for Cleveland to Canton. It has always been to compete for and win a Super Bowl. With that in mind, I requested to be traded from the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 1: O Joe, I told you that was coming. Yeah, I tell you that. I told you that a few shows ago.
Speaker 5: I knew it was coming at some point in order to compete for a Super Bowl. For one, defenses, you can do all you do. You can do all you can, you can be the greatest defensive of all time. But until you have someone on the other side of that ball that gives you that chance, an opportunity to reach a Lombardi to get there.
Speaker 1: He understands that.
Speaker 5: He understands that, and right now his career wouldn't say's going to waste because he's playing very well. He's playing very well. If he was to be say it was the end of day. He's still a Hall of Famer. He's still a Hall of Famer. But he understands that in order to contend for a Hall of in order to contend for Lombardi or Trophy, or even have a chance, you got to be in a position for one, a team that has a quarterback. Yes, you got to. And so he understands that. So I understand him requesting his trade. I knew that was going to happen, especially after the quarterback carousel that he's had to deal with, you know, for how many years?
Speaker 1: Now, well, I think Miles came in and what twenty seventeen.
Speaker 5: I mean, ain't no tell, Yeah, yeah, ain't no telling how many quarterbacks he's had to deal with. And now you know it's it's come to a head. You know what this is. I don't have that many more years left. I need to go somewhere where I can contend for a super Bowl. I gave Cleveland all I can to this point, be fair to me and allow me to achieve a childhood dream of having a chance of that goddamn super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the thing is Ojo.
Speaker 2: He's going to command, probably he's going to command two first rounders, not probably more, maybe even a player. You see what what Seattle got for Russell Wilson, Yes, sir, they got players two.
Speaker 1: First rounds, the second roundings and the third.
Speaker 2: You look at some of the other draft of some of the other transactions that have happened. Miles Garrett is an apex, He's an alpha, He's an all thro A guy that's had fourteen sacks at least the last four seasons. He had double digit sacks. I think what six and the last seven seasons, and so we know what he represents. But at some point in time is just not enough and he's an eligible before contract to stitch. Oh yeah, most definitely bringing up Okay, I think guess I need to bring it that. You guys couldn't hear me, So sorry about that. Minnesota. You hear. You hear the forty nine ers, potentially the ram You hear the Lions, you hear potentially the Packers, you hear some of the teams. Because here's the thing. If I'm Cleveland, I'm getting them out of the AFC. Oh so there's no chance, there's no chance. Wait a minute, stay with me real quick. We have Trey Henderson, right, Yes, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think there's ability to be able to pay him what he's worth, the value that he can get on the open market. Is there any chance you see Mount Garet being traded into division right to Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm getting them out of the AFC. I'm just asking. I'm getting them out of the AFC. Okay, Okay, I don't want to run the risk of having to see him. He's going to Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Okay, Detroit, Green Bay, forty nine ers, give give me your best thought, right, comebody, give me your best offer, because now look, if I'm if somebody in LC gives me two three first round of jo ain't got shorts exactly, but I think you know Detroit pairing him with Aden Hutchinson member O Joe.
Speaker 1: How many points they gave up in the playoffs game?
Speaker 2: We saw this at There are some times that they were giving up a bunch of points, but their offense was outscoring. You can't always be reliant on your offense to outscore people. You see the forty nine ers, they bring back Robert Saloon. We know he loves to attack the quarterback. Can you imagine both on one side? Miles garants, that's not fair with Warner in the middle.
Speaker 1: That's not fair, and so that's gonna be very interesting.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be a little difficult because they got they got to pay the quarterback per right now. You hear reports they're trying to struct your deal something like three years, one hundred and twenty forty million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: That's between ya. They're gonna be willing to settle for that.
Speaker 2: But for me, Miles Garrett requesting the trade just goes to show you money can't buy your happiness. Now, Miles Garrett is one of the highest paid defensive ends. Yes, sir, you get tired of lose. Losing no matter how much you're making. You can tell people that say, oh, I'll just be happy and complacent and content.
Speaker 1: No, you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: That's easy to say because you don't win when you when you want to win.
Speaker 1: And you what the hell you think? Greg O? What's up? Broke? What's up? Broke? What? Maybe you're good? Yeah, I'm here, I'm here. Oh yeah, oh yeah you still what' you're training for? Oh I'm not trading for nothing. We used to work out together, yeah in Miami. Oh it's yeah, years ago, Baba Rito a long time ago.
Speaker 2: We're we're joined by Greg Osland, one of the great play by play guys. Actually your color, you're not played by play your color? What are the great color guys? Young up and coming? When you let me ask you this, forgive football, what's been the biggest thing from you to do?
Speaker 1: How? How were you able to become so good so quick at doing this job? Great? You know, it's funny when people ask me about it.
Speaker 6: You know, there's actually a lot of lessons that I learned, you know, from playing right, just routine preparation. Every Monday is a Monday, Every Tuesday is a Tuesday, and leaning into a lot of those things throughout the course of the week. As a player, I didn't know any different, right, So when they when they said, all right, we got a game next Sunday and you're gonna call it, I just fell back to what I knew, which is studying being I love watching football. I love asking questions, and you have to be very willing to be like, you know what, I don't know a lot about this. I'm gonna find people who really know it, and I'm gonna pick their brain. I'm gonna talk to great coaches I'm gonna talk to front office guys. I'm gonna talk to you know, defensive coordinators. How do you put together your blitz package? Learn as many different aspects of the game, organize it in your mind, organize your thoughts, and then just lay out the game. Stay with the game, follow it and try to do it in a way that is interesting, it's insightful, and try to add value.
Speaker 1: And I'm still learning.
Speaker 6: I don't pretend to know it all, but I just love learning the craft of calling the games. And it's been a great transition for me since I'm done playing.
Speaker 5: Listen, I've watching you transition obviously from playing the game to doing play I play or color commentary, like coaches say it. Obviously your discipline and your worth that has allowed you to do so. Now I'm thinking about someone in my position who has never done anything of that magnitude. Is it possible in any way that I could probably learn If I can minimize my cursing a little bit, I can learn to do color commentary or that some of you guys just stay away from.
Speaker 1: No. I think anybody can learn it.
Speaker 6: Right, So in hearent you know the underlying foundation of all that is guys who love football, guys who want to continue to learn it, guys who want to continue to stay up with the trends and follow it.
Speaker 1: And dive into it.
Speaker 6: Anybody can do it right, and then it's just communicating it in a little bit of a different setting, right, simplicity, And that was probably the biggest transition for me.
Speaker 1: I'm a talker. I love conversation.
Speaker 6: I could sit here with YouTube for three hours, yeah, and we could talk about whatever, but that's not the broadcast. We have commercial breaks, we have referees, we have game breaks, and you get fifteen seconds. That was probably the biggest thing is just the tempo and kind of the rhythm of the broadcast. Everyone has a lot to say. Can you say a little bit make an impact, but also not overdo it. I think that's still the balance that I'm still trying to find.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think the biggest thing for me is that what I've noticed is you're talking about it as it's happening, versus talking about something that's already happened or something that you perceive to happen. So like pregame polls, game is entirely different than doing color because you're talking as it's happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think the battle, at least the way I try to do it is I try not to tell you what you're seeing because you already see it, right, Like I don't want to narrate the replay. I don't want to just talk over what you're already seeing. I think to most fans, I think fans nowadays are very educated. People are listening, they're listening to shows, they're listening to weekly and weekend stuff. Tell them why they're seeing it, maybe take their eyes away from the ball. What led to this play being really successful? What led to this read or this wide receiver route? Like it was a pick? But did the receiver not get flat enough on his inside brick? Take people into the why, the thought process. That's the part I enjoy the most. Everyone can see it was a nice catch. Everyone can see it was a sack. Why tell us why and what the counter is going forward?
Speaker 1: That's the game that I think the fun part to lay out.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of conversations. You had a great you did a great thing. I mean your first first couple of years in you called in the super Bowl, and you in the Super Bowl, and you called it exquisite, excellent game. She's forty nine ers. Tom comes in. Obviously Tom did number one. But knowing you the way I know you and the competitor, you want to be back in that.
Speaker 1: No, you want to call super Bowl? You want to call NFC AFC Championship game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and again I your first question where I said, so many of the lessons that I pull that I put into the broadcast center, things that were from my playing days. It was no different than as a player. You weren't just content to be on the roster, film to be the starter. Oh yeah, you weren't just content to be a starter. You wanted to be a pro bowler. You want there was always something else. And that's the same thing now to take into broadcasts. And and and again. I'm always clear, like me and Tom have a really good relationship. We've gotten to know each other. There's no personal animosity. He's not my enemy. Like and I said this, him being good does it not make me good? And him being bad does make me better? Like it's not connected, Like I want to inherently just be good at it.
Speaker 1: I want to call them top games.
Speaker 6: I want to chase the biggest games, the biggest audiences and and bring out the biggest moments of the game.
Speaker 1: I want to be the voice of that. That doesn't mean I don't like him. I don't hate it. I thought.
Speaker 6: My relationship with Fox is great. My relationship with Tom and Kevin and Aaron Andrews is great. But I want to call I want to get back to that seat that I was in, and I don't That's not a personal thing.
Speaker 1: That's just the way it works, right.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, speaking of seats, appreciate you. I don't know who I need to talk to, but I'm sure the powers might be that see this. I want to do color commentary and play by play this year. Well they go, okay, I'm putting it out there.
Speaker 1: Great. Don't appreciate you calling me on, man, It's just fun. You see you, baby? Can you see thank you? Chase it all right? Color commentary coming up? Yes? No, no, no?
Speaker 2: Uh why because it's too is right there in the moment you got to call it. You see it like that that it's already happened.
Speaker 1: What's up, bro? They do what? You're good? Joining us now? Night cap. Michael Pittman Junior. Sure, sorry, I humbling around here. Here we go bro, how you doing good?
Speaker 7: Good appreciation, congratulations on a great season individually, not the season that you wanted to have team wise. What do you guys need to do in order to have success where you're in the playoffs or you're contending for a championship.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean that's a really really tough question.
Speaker 5: But uh wait wait wait wait wait, be honestly correct, not here, okay, okay, be straight up, like we're in the barber shop man, all.
Speaker 8: Right, So we have to have those tough conversations as you know, like just like as men, right, and and we need to call guys up right, like just like not like calling them out, I just like call them up to to like, are dan we expect more? Yeah, and that starts with everybody, Like that starts with me. That starts with every single person. And we just got to find ways to close that gap because there's so many games that like, you know, like just that we were so close and we just.
Speaker 1: Let it slip.
Speaker 5: Now I got a question now you speak about that gap, right, And obviously everyone's goal at the beginning of the season is you want to compete to be in San Francisco this year coming up next year, obviously, what gaps do you think need to be filled in from an acquisition standpoint, offensively or defensively that can help you guys get to that end goal.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I think that we have a lot of our core guys right and like before I can focus on anybody else, Like I got to focus on everything that I got to do, Like I didn't have my best season. I mean now there are some things that happened, but just just like focusing like all myself, like I have to do things to produce in any type of situation injury, like just like you know, like just like guys are like out there hurt too, So.
Speaker 2: You know, there was a lot made of the situation. I think it was to take his game. Your quarterback scrambled, he ended up taking himself out of the game. I guess there was a team meeting, there were conversations that were had the coach ended up benching in for a couple of a games, not a week, couple of he got benched one game, a couple of games, and then I think black oldfield In or whomever came in for what was those conversations, Like, because I'm telling you as a player that been in the locker room has been a leader that's crowned upon when we feel a guy left us out there to try because the one thing is it's kind of like we adopted.
Speaker 1: There's nothing compared to the military.
Speaker 2: So military folks don't get me wrong, but it's like we leave no man behind.
Speaker 1: Is that we're out here together.
Speaker 2: We're gonna fight together, we're gonna win together, we're gonna lose together. But the one thing we're not gonna do is lead the other guys behind. What was that conversation that you had to have with your quarterback because I believe he's gonna be there for an extended period of time, Michael Petman Junior, and you know you guys are going to need him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a so we actually had all of our.
Speaker 8: Team, so all of our team leaders from every single position group and we kind of had an hour long meeting and we talked about everything like it wasn't just centered around that like it was everybody. But I think that was a good learning experience for him to know that that is not the standard and that he can't do that and stuff like that. So it's all just learning and I think that he handled that period of time, well, because everybody was like crashing on them, right, So we saw him show up earlier, We saw him put in more work and like kind of do the things necessary to kind of earn everybody's trust back.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 2: Did you notice the difference from that time that before that to the time that happened to after that?
Speaker 1: Did you notice a noticeable and proven it? Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Like like from like just like after that benching, I felt like he came out and he really was playing a lot better.
Speaker 5: You know, I got a question people at home, people that are watching. We always get to see the finished product, right, the finished product of a player and what they do. You get to see them on Sundays. What do you think you need to work on as far as your game is concerned, and how you can better being a better receiver.
Speaker 1: I know you're not where you want to be. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah absolutely.
Speaker 8: I think that my next step is being able to recognize coverage at a level that a quarterback can, right, because like I mean, like I can see coverage, but but like I see like half of the field, right, and and I'm not as good as like a like just like a Patrick Mahomes obviously because like he can read the entire fielding right quickly.
Speaker 1: So just getting like to that point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, anytime before you go anytime, if you get to that point, the game slows down tremendously, no matter how many bluffs, no matter how many disguises they do. You already know what's coming based off tennessees and down in distance. But when you get to that point where you're going to love it, yeah, let.
Speaker 1: Me ask your question.
Speaker 2: You go outside and you line up, are you looking across the field at the other side to see what's going on over there?
Speaker 1: Now? So?
Speaker 8: So well, I mean I'm really focused on corner nickel safe, okay, right, right, and and then like if it's corner backer safety, like if it's nickel dime or like if that backers like are like mugged up, like it's gonna be pressure. But rarely do I ever get to scan the whole field because like I'm thinking about hey, like I'm gonna give them like the right area. He brings his hands up, like I'm gonna do this. If that doesn't work, then I gotta do that.
Speaker 2: Right, So let mesh your question, Like we broke it down okay, down in distance area of the field for who they have on the field, and it would dictate kind of the leverage. Now they might switch it up, but down in distance where we on the field, we know eighty five percent of the time they like to run this down in distance area of the field where we are we backed up, we at midfield, were in plus territory. We're in the red zone. So that gave me a little bit of an insight. Now I was different because I learned as a tight end because I'm.
Speaker 1: Looking at for I'm looking at fronts.
Speaker 2: They're gonna play certain fronts, They're gonna play certain coverage just behind certain front Now you're not really looking at that.
Speaker 1: So now if I just if you.
Speaker 2: Like take a look back, like, okay, they got four down line, but okay, blah blah blah they got for they playing a nickel four two five, Okay, they're playing they're playing dime, they're playing four one six. It'll give you a tip, it'll give you a head up of what the potentially not always don't go chasing ghosts, but you'll have an extra just that extra step and you know, sometime a half an inch if all it takes between you being open as.
Speaker 1: All of Yeah, definitely, thank you for that. Yeah, so what you're doing down Troy two bow? What are you promoting? Yeah? So I'm here with Toyota.
Speaker 8: I've actually been working with them for a whole year now, So we're down here supporting the future generation of athletes. And then they also have something for fans here at the Super Bowl Experience where they can go sit in cars with Team Toyota athletes.
Speaker 1: So like just like it's a really cool deal. That's dope, that's dope. Hey, Michael, appreciate you. Tell your dad. I said, hello, absolutely, thank you.
Speaker 2: Glad you're doing well man, congratulations, continue success and good luck next year.
Speaker 1: Man, hey better when the coat in the playoffs? Yes, sir, thank you, thank you. Michael Pittman Junior joined us on behalf of Toyota. Uh. It is great.
Speaker 2: Great to see these young fellows come out do their thing. Get very excited to see the NFL is in great hands. Oh Joe, Oh yeah, I'm definitely definitely oh this no no, no, no, no, guys are gonna come and guys are gonna go. Eventually, we saw Peyton Lee, we saw Brady Lee, see Drew Brees leave and then you see Mahomes and you see Burrows, and you see Lebar Jackson, you see.
Speaker 1: The Josh Allens and the running backs leave and you get.
Speaker 2: Dereck Henry and you get safe one at all these receiver it's a young man's game. Yeah, and so the NFL is the NFL is in great hands with these these young and up and coming superstar players that are and it's very very.
Speaker 1: Very exciting to see.
Speaker 2: But back to Miles garrett o't Joe, Yeah, I just think that's a situation where he doesn't really have a choice. He can sit there and they can pay him a ton of money. Yeah, now, what good is a ton of mone.
Speaker 1: Broy He's already made a ton of money. Oh us, money is money is not the fact At this point, I.
Speaker 5: Really want to what he truly wants to win, because you think about this isn't this isn't even his character.
Speaker 1: He's not the type to add. He barely even talk.
Speaker 5: So you know he's fedough, he understands my window of opportunity is very short. Yes, I would love to compete or at least try at least being contention.
Speaker 1: You know, that's all you can hope. That's all you can hope for.
Speaker 5: So I'm sure listen, the Cleveland Browns organization, Miles Garrett has done right by you for a very long time.
Speaker 1: He's giving you all he has.
Speaker 5: The fans should be able to understand that and allow him and Grace an opportunity to seek that trade and give him a chance to win the title.
Speaker 2: Because it gets tough at mid season. You know you're not going to the playoffs. So guess what I got it down here? It's cold, Cleveland is cold cold. He practiced outside and I ain't got all. I'm just trying to finish out the season strong. The only thing I got to look forward to oho is the Pro Bowl, potentially make it All Proeah, maybe what individual wars.
Speaker 1: Well, he's already he's.
Speaker 2: Been to the Pro Bowl, he's been on the first team All Pro, he's been Defensive Player of the Year. Yeah, okay, so there has to be a a next step. Yeah, there has to be a maturation process this where I'm competing for a championship. Yeah, that's the only thing left. I said, that's the only thing left for him. That's it, And sometimes people don't understand that. I believe two things can be true. I believe you can make a ton of money and chase the championship.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can, you can.
Speaker 2: So I'm about Oh, I just want to get the back nah nah nah, Bro, I'm telling you, when you make money and you you invest that kind of time because you're away from your family, You lift in those weights, what you eat, how you dedicate yourself, and then you out there.
Speaker 1: Man, it's cold, is ten degrees outside.
Speaker 5: Man, It's one thing to put in all the work on all those years, to put in all the work.
Speaker 1: The money is good, the money is always a good thing.
Speaker 5: You have to put in the kind of work Miles Garrett has done to date to this point and then not have the chance to reach the pinnacle of your childhood dream. You know their steps is the process to get into the league. Okay, cool, achieving the accolades, Okay, I've done that. Defensive Player of the Year. Okay, I've been to Pro Bowls. I've been All Pros.
Speaker 1: What's next? Yeah, it's only one thing that's next. Yeah, first pick. I mean think about first pick in the draft. Defensive player lived up everything, Yes, he lived up to all of that.
Speaker 2: Yes, now he wants to be one of those guys to get to and contend. Not necessarily, it's like I think he can. Obviously, the ultimate goal is to reach the beach, the promised land, to be here playing in New Orleans, the next year being playing in San Francisco. But at least give me that opportunity. I need that opportunity. And if it doesn't happen, bro, I gave it thirteen fourteen fifty, have a long he's going to play.
Speaker 1: I gave it everything I possibly could to achieve that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he knows for the foreseeable future that is.
Speaker 1: Not possible in Cleveland now.
Speaker 5: And then you know what the fans, Hopefully the fans understand that. I know, I know how they are when when players ask for a trade, they get upset, they get mad because they're loyal is to the team. But understanding what Miles Garrett has done for that team through the entirety of his career, when they were losing, always showing up. I would hope they understand, and our hope management and the people upstairs also understand that you can continue to build and this is and then trade him with some value and continue to build for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they need.
Speaker 2: Look, they need a quarterback, they need they need more pieces, and I think the pieces that you can get for a Miles gag. Yeah, you'd love to build a situation to keep Miles, but Miles made it.
Speaker 1: Miles has made it abundantly clear. Right.
Speaker 2: He wants to move on. He wants an opportunity to compete. And I don't believe none of these guys that's coming in the draft is Jade Daniels now or has that accountability. And I don't think the team is that close. And I've said that before. I think Cleveland is further way than what Washington, right, And so with that being said, go ahead, packaging, get.
Speaker 1: To first rounds and get a second round, the third round.
Speaker 2: Of maybe a potential player by yeah, and start the building process. They're gonna take a quarterback. They're gonna take a quarterback Cleveland. I don't know which quarterback, but they're gonna take one. Only there's only two available. First of all, Deshaun's not gonna be available, right because he's missing this entirely entire season.
Speaker 1: He tore the he tore the killis any retour? So who were talking about cam Ward? Your door?
Speaker 2: That's gonna be the value. That's gonna be a very very interesting valuation process. They they different skill set. Cam is more athletic. I think your door is more accurate. Uh you look at it. Both played against top competition. Your door coach by his father, has been a quarterback his entire life. I think cam Ward has been a quarterback his entire life. It's just gonna come back down to, Okay, which guy do we feel.
Speaker 1: System? And we could turn the keys over to it.
Speaker 2: I think both guys, because at the end of the day, when I'm taking a player that high, o Joe, I want to be able to sit my phone down and if I put it on silent, you ain't gotta work.
Speaker 1: I gotta worry about nothing. Yeah, I ain't got to worry about getting the call.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, I'm sorry, Coach Stafanski, we got a problem. I don't believe either guy. You will have to worry about receiving that call. Absolutely, And so that's gonna be. This is when gems make their money. Oh yeah, Hey, if I'm in a spot because you're picking high and you gotta choose, I mean, hey, if I'm in the twentieth spot and the guy falls to me, he lands in my lap, right, I mean Brett Beach trading up to take Patrick Mahomes and trading trading up to take Exavier work.
Speaker 1: That's when you earn it.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I just stand pat and off, just take Okay, I'm in the sixteenth slot. Okay, I take that guy. And that guy turned out to be great. He ain't going to do nothing. Yeah, but when you got to make a decision, you just hot knowing that you you.
Speaker 1: Take a quarterback right now?
Speaker 2: Oh, Jo, you don't want to take another quarterback for another ten fifteen Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's the hard part, finding that quarterback where you don't have to take one for another fifteen years. Whatever Howry Roseman and and Lourie you're doing over there with the Eagles, Listen, the NFL has always been a copycat lead, especially when it comes to watching film and things that you see work on other teams, as with the opponents coming up that you're playing. Yes, he said, well the GM need to do the same thing, right, whatever the Hunts are doing, whatever Lourie and how Howard Roseman doing, they need the copy cat.
Speaker 1: The other GM need the copycat what they see the Eagles zoom.
Speaker 2: But how we had to know something. They had just gave Carson Wins a ton of money. Oh yeah, and you take.
Speaker 1: A quarterback at the second round.
Speaker 5: But he got the injury, remember, but no, they but he needs a security blanket.
Speaker 2: But he had already come off that injury. And I gave him a boatload of money, O Joe. Normally we don't see that. Imagine you pay you pay a defensive lineman that kind of money, and then you turn around and there like boo, I don't think the Eagles taking another d lineman. You got Jay Lacrdy, got George David, you got Williams. I don't think them taking a lift. Like I said, he knew something. Yeah, and then guess what boom? You know what I mean? You hear it now you hear all these rumlins that how he was as a teammate. You see how you was not willing to take the coaching. See, they see things and they know things that the general population can't not privy to. And so now it's not a surprise given what we know about said situation. Right, It's almost like the Luca Luca people. If people this on gets me about, I.
Speaker 1: Still don't get hey, man, I don't care if he's three hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: See, people love spending other people's money. You would care if it was your fifty million. Now a restaurant give you bad service, you won't go back that meal.
Speaker 5: But also when you look at it, I look at it, look at it from a fan's perspective. You look at the output and what he produces when he's on the court. Yes, yes, it outweighs and it's the value is there.
Speaker 1: Weigh three hundred fifty million?
Speaker 2: See that's what you That's what they're looking at. O Yourn He's like, yeah, yeah, I get it. But he ain't gonna always be twenty four. He's not gonna always be twenty five. So what happens when he gets twenty six? Yeah, twenty seven, twenty eight, and if he has some of those what's being reported All of these are reports you and not not there. We can just based on what they but in order for them, and like I said, they keep it people killing Nico Harrison. But when you make a move this boot big, it goes up.
Speaker 1: How the Niko? Yeah, most definitely Miko.
Speaker 2: If the one is the face of it, Nah, It's just like anything when you make a trade for Peyton Manny or you make a trade for Tom Brady, you go get the owner's blessing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. And if the owner says no, you ain't got no choice. Just the same thing.
Speaker 2: Coach Saban when he talked about on the Pivot podcast with Ryan Clark, they wanted to sign Drew Breath but he had an injury made him said nah, nah that shoulder. Yeah, And so Niko is taking run of it. And that's what you have to do.
Speaker 1: Sometime.
Speaker 2: You've got to be the face of bad decis of what seems to be a bad decision. But and not everybody saying, well what happens when they don't want to pay that supermax contract.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna find out. Man. Listen.
Speaker 5: I think things are gonna work out, because if there are issues internally, especially with Luca, as far as working out, wait, he's at the right place.
Speaker 2: He would dope, he would he at the right place then. And see, now, if Houston, excuse me, not Houston, If okayc don't give Shaye Gilgius that that Max contract, then I'm gonna say, Okay, the owners are trying to save money.
Speaker 1: The owners don't want to spend these match don't want to pay these mac co They can't. They can't play with Shaye like that? Why not?
Speaker 5: You can't because he's a complete opposite. Shae has that same DNA as as Kobe. Shae has that same DNA as Michael Jordan. Ain't no issues off the court. He works here, he works. Don't don't do that.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. He had no issues where off the court.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, Oh he gonna get that max.
Speaker 1: But see that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We're gonna see the young guys that have been at a team for five plus years, tix years, and now they're eligible for that SuperMac. It's been interesting to see if Nicola Yokic is able Now if the Nuggets said, nah winbody to Payton the colon No.
Speaker 1: Three hundred fifty million, man, Please see please.
Speaker 5: Now, when I think about Yogis and I think about Luca, what's the difference, what what's the difference? Same style of play, same methodical movement efficient when they're going, no weaknesses, liability on defense a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yo yo, yokay. But here's the thing. Now, what's different this is Yokis says I was fat. I realized I was drinking too much, so I was drinking too much soda. I cut the sodas out. I dropped twenty pounds and boom, boom boom. Is three to the last four year years he's been the MVP the net Lear. He didn't win it, he was second. He's one of fives he'd been to the finals. He's one finals MVP. I think a lot of that goes because I think the thing is o your like when you look at what a young guy that has issue, I don't want him to become an old guy with issues. And I definitely don't want to become an old guy with issue. When I got to pay him seventy million dollars a.
Speaker 1: Year, I got you.
Speaker 2: It's the cashier at McDonald's has a different responsibility than the manager.
Speaker 1: See the guy that got the keys to open up the restaurant. He can't be late.
Speaker 2: The coach could be late because we got somebody else that can get on the getting the degree. The guy that got got the keys to the store, he can't be late. Cut him and muscles need to be coming out there five thirty on because I'm gonna be in live.
Speaker 1: We had Michael Piman Jr.
Speaker 2: He talked about the situation with Asthony Richardson that the every the leaders in every group running backs, quarterback obviously quarterbacks, wide receivers, d line, And they had a conversation. Yeah and by all he BROO you and I I think the thing is sometimes, ohoe, because when you play a sport you see things differently and things that that fans or casual fans was like blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: That doesn't work in a locker room, guys at all.
Speaker 2: It's a different mentality in a locker room, it's a different mentality than a normal workplace. And so and and I thought he did a great job of explaining it and and saying, look, we let him know. He said it. You know, he started being you know, first one in, last one to lead. Why could a quarterback not be the first one in and the last one to leave? O Joe with all the responsibility.
Speaker 1: That this lad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, okay, if you want to be a long snapper, hey, you come in like five minutes before you leave suited. Ay, suit is practice so that them guys ain't got no meeting be only position a specialty. They ain't got no meeting. You kid could have fun. What you mean for they gonna snap you the ball, you're gonna punt it? Hey, so we gonna kick the ball. K stuff like that. But most of the time kickers pun of snappers.
Speaker 1: They don't have specials on their own program. They do their own pa.
Speaker 2: But for me, I just didn't understood that, And I'm glad they had the conversation with them.
Speaker 1: He gonna be alright, though, Yeah, he gonna be alright. Sometimes too much too much.
Speaker 2: Talent Sometimes sometimes oh Joe, you need a wake up call like this, because because he was so talented, I'm not so sure they ever had these tough conversations with him at Florida, right, And sometimes guys try to come in with tough conversation. Don't when you don't have these tough conversations. He's always been supremely talented in high school, college, and so they're not gonna have these kinds of conversations. But in the NFL, oh, when they paying you that kind of money, Oh yeah, I have those conversations absolutely and rightfully. So Andy Reed says he'll coach at least at least one more season, at least one.
Speaker 1: What he said, I'm not buying that. I'm not buying that. I don't I don't think Patrick Mahomes is buying that. I think what Andy.
Speaker 5: Reid has the ability to do as a head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs and do something that's never been done before, and they could probably run the Gartland for another two or three years. They can run the Gartland for another two or three years, even if Travis Kelcey decided to retired. They are so good. If Patrick Mahomes is so good, you can plug, you can plug and play. Travis kel cheatah leaves, Tyreek Hill leaves plug and play super Bowl Man, not just one two of them. Travis Kelcey leaves. You plug and play, you find someone else. You got no agree. He takes, so he takes over.
Speaker 2: Now, go make a trade for my Uhyle Kyle Pits.
Speaker 1: That's not fair. I make a trade for Kyle p.
Speaker 5: That's not fair. That that's that's unfair. Again, That's what I'm going That's why I just said. You you plug and play, you lose one. You bring someone else in. He's not He's a little different than Travis Kelly, different styles of play.
Speaker 1: He can get it. He can get it.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure how they would use him based on him being as athletic as he is.
Speaker 1: He's a little different than Travis Kelson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, but man, listen, as long as you got that fifteen over there, man, the Kansas City Chiefs are basically the Tom Brady and Belichick of this era.
Speaker 1: Who who's the coaching waiting or is he on staff? Is it Spags? Is it Naggy? Is it? Do they go outside?
Speaker 5: You can't go outside because you want to keep the connuity. You want to keep the connuity. You want to keep the same offen, you want to keep the same mindset, you want to keep the same culture.
Speaker 1: So how do you do that? It has to be somebody.
Speaker 5: That's already under Andy Reid that can come in and take over.
Speaker 1: If anything, it would be Spags. It makes sense.
Speaker 5: It only makes sense or brings somebody to have ever be enemy comeback, maybe not as a head coach, but as the play call it, because he already knows the offense.
Speaker 2: That'd be very very integ That'll be very very very very interesting to see that. I'm surprised that he said that he's only looking at one more year. It seems like what you don't loud the coaches, the responsibility that's on their plate and the hours that they put in a lot, and Andy's getting and he's been doing this for a while. Yeah, what ninety nine was his first year as a head coach. So Andy's been coaching. He was with the forty nine He was with the forty nine ers, he was on Coach Walsh staff, then Mike Roddy with him the Green Bay So Andy's been coaching, damn in forty years. Because my brother he was in Green Bay with my brother, my brother uh And and Mike. Mike Holmgreen got there in ninety two and he came with Mike from from the forty nine ers.
Speaker 5: So I don't see it happened because I'm gonna I'm gonna put myself and Andy reidshoes and understanding not as a team, but the individual accolades, you know, the individual achievements that I can achieve. You know, there there are some there as some records that are right there within reach. Yeah, there's some records that are right there with you know, within reach. For Andy Reid. I don't think he steps away from the game until it surpasses those records.
Speaker 2: Who's just gonna take him a while to o Joe coach Coach Schuler, coach Eula is a three hundred and.
Speaker 1: Twenty eight wins. Where's Andy Reid right now? Andy Reid is at two seventy three regular season wins?
Speaker 2: Right, he's at three oh one if I'm not mistaken playoff wins total wins, Uh three forty seven is the record, Coach Shuler?
Speaker 1: He can you know he can get that? Right? Ten wins a season, it's definitely possible. Yeah, yes, with ten wins a season, let's just say, for the sake of argument, for another six seasons. Yeah, yes, it's possible. You got you got that fifteen man? Oh yeah, I know he's special.
Speaker 2: The question is is not whether or not, if possible, do I want to put that kind of time in because that's what it is.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 5: You know what at this at this point, that car can run itself. When you have a special player like that, when Peyton mannings with the colt who ran everything, Okay, the car can run itself. Patrick Mahomes has got to the point where he's as good as he is.
Speaker 1: It can it can it can run itself. It can run itself. What's up Black? That's all yourself?
Speaker 2: All right, guys, joining us on the set right now. Nightcap, Okay, day cap. Jalen mill Roe, former quarterback up the Alabama Crimson Tide who decided to give up his final year of eligibility to go into the NFL Draft. Jayalen, thanks for joining us. So what are you what are you ripping in? You're just here for the Super Bowl? But what's going on? What do you what are you?
Speaker 1: What are you selling? Yeah? So I'm repping the Auto Trader. They made this event possible for me.
Speaker 9: So I'm coming from Orange County, California, Longdale travel and that's a great opportunity to be here. Definitely inspired, you know, to understand where I why I'm here the super Bowl, you know why I inspire to achieve my next dream, which is during the draft press process right now.
Speaker 1: So you know I'm representing Auto Trader today. I got a question, this is not what you really want to be. You want to be preparing for the game.
Speaker 2: This is the first time, so hopefully in the future we don't see you back here getting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thinking about it has the process being getting ready for the draft.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so the best thing right now. I mean it's a pouring to myself right now and investing myself. One thing that you need about the office is no shot clock, so you have time to develop, time to pour into things that you need to improve on it. So I'm around a lot of great people on where I'm at. I'm in Orange County with Jordan Palmer and Mike White. Jordan yes my back, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm with him right now.
Speaker 9: So it's been fun to build each and every day and find beauty in the process.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what does Jalen bell Road need to work on in order for him to get to the level of quarterback that he wants to be and knows that he can be. Because obviously there's some things that you need to work on. There's no finished products coming into the draft. There's no finished products once you enter the draft. But what is the most important thing you've field?
Speaker 9: You need to work on putting my body in the best way fashion as far as efficiency to get to make every throw on the football field, that's number one. Number two the exposure to the NFL. Although I lack experience, it's come from watching tape. It comes from being in that system. And so during this process I've been able to do that. We're going to the Rest Bowl. We're going and working with Jordan Palmer, being able to reflect on tape and acknowledge, you know, where the area of weaknesses to the strength and why are you're able to do that by playing? So you know, for me the transformation from twing twenty three to twenty twenty four being the first year starter, then my final season in college and so just an exposure piece number one, but also just having this off season to really narrow down how can I put myself in the best way efficiently to make every throw on the football field, because that's what's going to be needed when it comes to performing on Sundays, but also playing on time, playing on us upright and doing things the best way fashion so we can lead the offense to win.
Speaker 2: What do you think is the biggest transition from high school to college, college to the pro. Although you haven't played in the Pro yet, but I'm here. You said you're working with Jordan Palmer, and I'm sure those guys are telling you what you need to do the biggest What do you think the biggest transition is going to be for you.
Speaker 1: So it all starts with preparation. You know, preparation is so key.
Speaker 9: Taking care of your body is number one, and making sure that you're getting the amount of sleep that you need, you know, nutrition wise, what you need to be, feeling your body, all those things. Number the number three after that is how you pulling guys along. Of course you can talk ext's and o's somebody that, but do I have a relationship my receiver, I have a relationship my tight end.
Speaker 1: Do I know how O show running this route? Do I know how you run your route?
Speaker 9: Just knowing each you guys runs their route differently on the football field and having that relationship with them is so important. And then when it talks to going to the NFL, it's all about how do you process the game? Everybody processed the game differently, but how often are you getting with your officer, coordinator, head, coach and so something that I try to do is see football on and lenses of the play caller at the core of position, so that we're moving the right way fashion because coach is calling this play on third down because he saw this in preparation. It's just little things like that when it comes to being the best quarterback I can be. And so it's all start with preparation. You know, Preparation bills confidence. You know when you get we touched the field on a Sundays tying of roll, and that's trying to think.
Speaker 1: It's not to roll.
Speaker 9: It's trying to trying to fall back to your level of training. And so the times where you make your mistakes in the preparation phase is going to help you out when it comes to Sundays. And so, like I mentioned, you know that what's unique about the off season no shot clock, So during that time frames out of our building, I.
Speaker 2: Like, the thing that I've heard most about you is inconsistent. They say, look, the guy can make every throw in the field. He has a big time armed, We know the time of legs that he has. There haven't been very many quarterbacks to rush for twenty touchdowns in the season pass for twenty touchdowns in the season in the SEC history, and we know what that conference represents. But when you hear that inconsistent, inconsistent, how does Jalen get better those inconsistence?
Speaker 9: The objective is the win, right, So you can go back to the drawing board, and you know, fix whatever needs to be fixed, you know, fall back to what do you need to improve on? But each and every week that you had to play, the objective is to win. And so it's not you know, worrying about the tenter factors, worrying about what's being said or anything like that. It's all about what your teammate think of you, what's your head coach think of you, your off in the corner to.
Speaker 1: Think of you.
Speaker 9: Because during a journey, of course, you want plays back. You know, some games my best game in college, I want some players back. So there's always some time where I can pour into, you know, looking at some things that I can get better at. Because you know, one thing that's unique about us as athletes that we have strengths, we had weaknesses, and so something that is also a social norm that we overlook what's our shrimps and what's to make us all unique? And so of course, you know, I'm not a finished product. You know, it's some areas of growth. I definitely need to make strives too, So I could leave properly when it comes to the NFL. But one thing I'm not going to lose sight is with most of my shrimps and acknowledging that each.
Speaker 1: Week that I had to play the game.
Speaker 9: The object is to win, no matter what it looks like, no matter is I have the most production or I have the less production. The dejectives to win and the mindset come from these two quarter But that's playing in the super Bowl right now is win, baby, win.
Speaker 5: You know what when I look at you, I've watched you play extremely talented, whether it's your legs, whether you put putting the ball in the air, your your ability to make all.
Speaker 1: The throws one of the things we always gage quarterbacks off of.
Speaker 5: And being on the left hand and being able to throw a twenty yard comeback on the opposite side of the field.
Speaker 1: You can do that.
Speaker 5: You got you got a rope on you and watching you play, you have the ability to change your organization. You have the ability to change a franchise similar to what Jayden Dame did coming in Caesar would see Dey Stroud and join love of obviously done.
Speaker 1: If you get to.
Speaker 5: The point we know what your strengths are, so get your strengths, take your weaknesses and make them stronger what they are now, and get everything balanced.
Speaker 1: Were you all were I've seen it with my own eyes. I don't need to be a scout. I don't need to be a GM.
Speaker 5: You special, and I'm tending that right here in your face. I ain't met you, but I ain't never seen you before, but I seen you play, but I got an eye for the game, and I know what you can do.
Speaker 1: Well, You're gonna be all right. I'm telling you gonna be.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get you out to the last question for me, what is the biggest difference between coach Saban and coach de Beer.
Speaker 9: So one thing that's for certain that the stand of excellence that they both present for a program and distinguishing the two, I think the biggest thing about both of them and just how they run a program. It's just been a little different, but it's always go back to how they push each and everybody to be the best version of so on and out the field. You know, with coach Saban was a lot of we achieved so much. You know, I had him for three years. But this past season with Coast the Bar, this was our first year having a high GPA that we had in school history of our team. So we're able to achieve that right and there's so many areas of wins, you know, when you can think about being a person, and so I was able to do that with Coach the Boar and Coach Saban. So for me, it's all about the knowledge base. I learned so much from Coach Saban Coach de bor On, one coach being officer of mine and one being defensive minded. So the area of growth of learning about east side out of the ball. So you know, you know, it's harder to singers the two because they both great at what they do.
Speaker 2: Thank you for stopping by Autotrader Jaylor Milroe, Best the Lucky, the Future, and thank you again, no thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Appreciation the volume