Speaker 1: What's up, friends, and welcome into Fantasy pros MLB. This is leading off. I'm Chris Welsh. That is Joe Alrico. There is no piece of Pia today. Piece of Pia might be like under right now. We don't even know. We don't know what's going on. Well, we kind of know what's going on as a scopey scope, but we don't know the exacts of it. Joe will be back tomorrow, but we have our replacement Joe, and he's not really your replacement. He's just a fantastic Joe. Mister Rico. What's somebody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the call from the manager last night, needed me to step up for a little bit of a bullpen game today. So happy to do it, Happy to step in for Joe. I hope he's doing all right, because I'm sure he's not having fun right now.
Speaker 1: No, probably not fun, drinking whatever you have to drink prior to a thing that men in their mid forties must do. That would have it would have been a really great there's a really great sponsorship opportunity that was missed in this entire thing, whether whatever it could have been, you know, maybe we could have followed along with Joe. But you know now time sales they can work on that. We got a lot in the show today. It's kind of a small short slate, as I guess Thursdays have been in general. There's some early games. By the time we get to the end of the show, a couple of the games are going to start. So we've got some best bets for you. We've got stuff across the board, So let's start a breakdown and shout out to all of our penis and crackerjacks that are hanging at you. Guys are welcome to drop questions where we can yap with you guys and answer your questions. And a reminder, anybody watching after the fact on YouTube or listening on the podcast, you can always join us on Twitch live Monday through Friday, twelve pm Eastern, Twitch dot Tv, Slash Fantasy Pros. That's right, me and Joey. Come and catch live whether it's this Joey or the other Joey, twelve pm Eastern. We got a bunch of other great offerings. Catch it live, Interact, get your questions answered, and do it today. Otherwise you're good on all the other platforms. All right, let's get into the stuff and the things and some big dogs we're eating. Joe went with Aaron Judge, mister piece of Pjo and Judge. Yesterday I went with Shoe Heyo Tani, both in the home run contest and they both homered. They're both back into it. Judge ended up going two for four hitting his that ended up getting the win on the Mets, and show Heyo Tani had a leadoff homer two for four against A's his thirteenth of the year, so probably nobody had gotten the extra room on the table here in the home run contest as the big Dogs were going. I do have a question in the Yankee game. I want to hit to you, al Riko. This is not going to be related to the big guys. Just want to remind everybody that the big Dogs did eat Luke Weaver. Luke Weaver struck out the side in the ninth got a save against the Mariners, and I believe it was maybe his not yet, I'm trying to remember what it was. It wasn't his ninth save, but he's had a multitude of saves. Devin Williams still kind of a mess. My question to you is with Luke Weaver, is he going to give up the closer role because he has been good and he's locking it down. Do you think Devin Williams is going to gain this now with what you're seeing out of Luke Weaver.
Speaker 2: I think it would be a disaster for the Yankees if Williams doesn't end up back in the closer role at some point.
Speaker 3: We're still ting.
Speaker 2: The thing with relievers is that we're always dealing with relatively small sample sizes. Yeah, Devin Williams has not been good to this point of the season, but it's fourteen innings. I feel like they I'm not sure when it'll happen exactly, but at some point Devin Williams is going to have this job back. I think I'm not sure when or how exactly it'll happen. But if you see Williams sitting on any waiver wires, wh anybody's dropped him, I would personally pick him up everywhere.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. I kind of said I thought that Luke Weaver might end up being the guy that holds us longer than people think, and it would be like a month or two. But I would pick up Devin Williams. But I would like to point out Luke Weaver has a point four to five ERA. I believe it was like after he got the gig he had been like scathed the tiny bit. But he has four saves now a point. He has a higher whip than ERA, which is crazy point six whip. He has just been relatively unhittable. He's given up one earned run all season long, and that was I think right around when he ended up taking the gig over. It was like a little over like it was about ten days ago, it looks like. But he has picked up two saves since the beginning of May. So I guess it's not like, you know, he's been locking down a million. It's just right here, Van Rod his dog. He's dog, And I do think they're going to want to give Devin Williams the opportunity back. But it's just like how much or maybe are you willing to be aggressive on a guy like Luke Weaver or even by because I would think owners would be like, oh, he's going to lose that job pretty soon, trade him off. But if he were to keep that role the rest of the year, look out, Luke Weaver would be absolutely rolling in the big sp market. Terry Scuba recorded eleven strikeouts season high, five runs over six and one third of inning on Wednesday, and no decision in a big strikeout game, but giving up some runs in that same game. Alex Bregman three for four hit is eleventh home run of the season. If Aaron Judge was not in the AL would we be talking much more loudly about Alex Bregman for MVP? And do you think he is one of the best returns on top one hundred draft capital? And in some cases he was going outside the top one hundred, Like do you think it's one of the best returns? And do you buy it the rest of the season? So I asked you three hundred different questions.
Speaker 3: I buy it to a certain degree.
Speaker 2: The MVP thing is interesting, like if you look just from a fantasy point of view, Judge has been the most valuable American League player and Bregman is number two, a thirty dollars player in twelve team leagues. For those auction folks out there, will he keep it up to this extent? Probably not, but I could see him finishing within the twenty five to thirty homer range runs in RBIs both pushing one hundred. I saw an article yesterday that talked about how he has his own heading coach that found something that he was doing with the Astros the last couple of seasons. It was something small that you wouldn't even really notice if you're watching just to the layman's eye, that they kind of tweaked with him, and it seems to have worked so far this season. So I think that he's not gonna be a first round player because right now he's the number seven player for the season. But can he be a top fifty player, top forty player? I think absolutely yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's a part of me I talked about this a while ago that I think like a dark horse betting might have been Breakman an MVP, but he's also one of those guys I wanted to, you know, get my shares of Looking at his swing, the only thing I'm noticing is he's opened his stands up more than he has really in his quite a few years. There's really nothing else in there. And then as far as like some of the analytics is bat tracking, you know, he's squaring the ball up better, but he's he's not getting to it faster, he's not swinging it faster, not swing length. It's the ballpark. The ballpark has helped as well. Funny the metric Baseball Savant has where you can have like if a guy played all his games in a certain ballpark. Sometimes that'll show you like, oh, what's the benefit here? It's actually Boston is actually a little bit of a negative, Like he would have thirteen per rejected homers in Baltimore if he played all his games there while only having nine in Boston. Yet he has been absolutely striking the ball, barreling it better than he's ever done in his career eleven point five percent, best hard hit percentage of his career, under twenty percent. Case he's walking, he has a nineteen degree launch angle, which is like right at the tippy top of where he's ever been in his career. The ballpark is helping. He seems to be locked in. I actually think if there's someone out there that doesn't believe that he's performing as one of the top third basemen and wants to sell out high, I think there's maybe a buying opportunity because I think this can stick. I don't know he's going to hit three fourteen, but I think he could still hit two ninety, maybe be one hundred hundred guy close to thirty homers. Like I think it's a it's a revival here. So I guess I'm a little bit more buy in of Alex Bregman than you. Why do you hate Alex Bregman?
Speaker 3: I know I like him a lot.
Speaker 2: I just if somebody's valuing him as a first rounder, if somebody is willing to trade you another first round caliber player for him, then you should probably listen to it.
Speaker 1: But I got one for you.
Speaker 2: But I still think he's a great, great asset, probably the best outside of PCA, probably the best return on investment at this point of the season.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting. Uh yeah, probably he's probably yeah, in the top three or four for sure. Who would you rather have rest of season? Alex Bregman or Julio Rodriguez?
Speaker 3: Oh, Man, Julio Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: Is hitting I think around two twenty right now and expect a batting average around two fifty. He does steal more bases, But who would you rather have?
Speaker 2: I think I would probably go with Bregman, but that one's pretty close because Julio the batting average hasn't been great, but still seven homers, five steals. He hasn't been bad at all, but I think it'll be Bregman by a hair m.
Speaker 1: I would like to know, what do you guys think? Who would you rather have rest of season? Alex Bregman, Julio Rodriguez. That's kind of a fun one. What in the hell is going on with Patrick Corbyn? Patrick Corbyn struck out nine in six innings. He did allow three yearned runs. This is, you know, a Rockies I guess the narrative that you can put out there, But what is going on with Patrick Corbin? I've loosely said kind of made in like a hobby or Bayas type of way where it's like listen this version. No, I don't buy or anything like that, but there do seem to be concerted changes. The team context is working and like he's at least streamable and you need to pay attention to him streaming in bad matchups. There you go, he got I mean that's I think that's a quality And what did I just say? I got to look back at the stats. Did he goes six? Yeah, you win six? That's a quality start he had with nine strikeouts against Colorado. The profile looks okay, but my question is is are you going to buy into Patrick Corbyn rest of season.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. I personally can't do it. Like he's he's been good, no question. If you've had him for the last several games, he's done very well. But it's Patrick Corbyn at the end of the day. I feel like this is a situation where right when people are going to start to believe and start opening up the fab wallets and the waiver priorities, that's when he's gonna let you down. And there's still some things that I don't love here, Like he has a three thirty five er. He's outperforming that though. I mean, if you look at the Sierra four fifty two, the phips are all in the mid foors. He's not striking guys out. He hasn't been a big strikeout guy in a while, but eighteen percent he's a one thirty whip. I think this is a situation where right when you start to trust him, which is probably right about now, people are going to get burned by him.
Speaker 3: So I think you just stay away. It's Patrick Corbyn at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me freeze it a little bit differently then, because I guess if I came across as like, hey, guys, you know Patrick Corbyn?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: It's him? Is Patrick Corbin as a serviceable streamer? Is bring me more of the question? That's I think more of what I meant by this, Like, are you willing to find some matchups here? Maybe you target teams that are struggling against lefties a little bit. You're looking for quality starts, you're looking for wins. Is Patrick Corbin someone that you're going to give a consideration.
Speaker 3: To for a situation like yesterday?
Speaker 2: Absolutely no problem like playing the playing the Rockies for that kind of matchup, I don't mind it. But I mean if we're trusting him outside of a bottom five or seven team, I think that's where you start to get hurt. Like we were talking about Ryan Weathers yesterday against the Cubs. If and that's an extreme example because the Cubs have been a really good offense, but just trying to see who he is slated to face in his next start, it looks like it'll be the Yankees early next week, So.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, I don't think I can do it.
Speaker 1: What would be do you do? You happen to see what would be the one after that, even like a rough guestimate of like who they'd be playing Yankees. Well, while you look speak of speaking of Ryan Weathers, by the way, he had two hits, one run, one walk, five strikeouts over five innings against the Cubs, so had tip. We were like, don't want to start him on this one. Maybe the next one. He was actually pretty pretty efficient.
Speaker 2: Ryan Weathers was, so yeah, it looks like so that Yankees won early next week is a stay away, but it looks like he would get the White Sox next weekend, So maybe you hold him, sit him for that first one. Now, if it's a weekly league, you'd have to eat both of them. Would you be willing to do that? Because if you're setting a weekly lineup, would you eat the Yankee start to get the White Sox one?
Speaker 1: It'd be dependent, like Patrick Corbyn over like who other ones start? I would there's probably well it's about to say this forty or fifty other you know, probably one starts I'd rather have, except if you just focus on that White Sox one, like that's that's pretty you would really like that. But yeah, the Yankees, again, it's just about serviceability. I don't Someone said I don't want to get into the Corbyn verse. I don't really either, but he just continues to just kind of be good. Who would you rather have Ryan Weathers or Patrick Corbyn?
Speaker 3: Ryan Weathers, no question for me.
Speaker 1: Ryan Weathers is back. We don't know when and what version you're gonna get of Spencer Strider when he's back, because apparently he experienced some diminished velocity in a simulated game. He threw thirty sixty five pitches. He had started off around ninety six, but then he dipped into the ninety three to ninety four range. That's a problem. Last month he was averaging around ninety five. Reports on like rotal World is saying the club is expected to decide later this week whether he's going to require another minor league rehab start or be activated to start next week against the Nationals. I think based on the velocity dip. Unless this is something that they were completely comfortable with a knew about, I think he's going to another rehab start because that type of VLO dip is a concern. Again, unless they had it planned for him to not go full out. But why would you have a sixty five pitch simulated game for that that is worrisome VLO dip for him, because I mean because not only by the way, you know, if he averaged last month ninety five, he starts ninety six. He's a high VLO guy in general, So like ninety three ninety four sitting, especially when you're more of a primary two pitch pitcher, that's a bit of concern. What is your level of concern with Spencer's Strider moving through the rest of the season. Because he's going to be back, everyone's going to get excited, but knowing that you've now had two injuries throughout the year, some diminished velos sitting out there, what's your level of concern of like, do you want to get out from under him once he's activated? Do you want to buy? Where are you at?
Speaker 2: I think i'd be more in the cell camp. Once you see the report of Spencer Strider is starting on Thursday or whatever day it'll be, that'll be potentially when he has the most value rest of season.
Speaker 3: I worry about that velocity.
Speaker 2: We were doing the Discord Show when he made that debut and we were kind of following along, and he wasn't able to maintain his velocity throughout that start.
Speaker 3: If you look year by year, every.
Speaker 2: Season he's lost a tick twenty twenty two, ninety eight, down in ninety seven, ninety six, ninety five. If he's sitting in ninety three ninety four, that's a serious red flag. If you're able to trade Strider based on that name value for a top twenty five, top thirty starting pitcher or top maybe top one hundred player overall, something like that, I think it would be wise to consider it. I'm not sure what we're going to see out of him this year, and if if we do get him back, even if it's to be soon, I'm not sure what the results are going to be like, So I'm worried.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely worried.
Speaker 1: I'm too, I'm pretty concerned about that. Like I do think he's the type of guy that can bounce back from this, but he's having like already these leg issues and the VELO unless they give us any information about it. Obviously, if he were to bounce back to be the version that we know, this is a great buying opportunity because of the fear, But to already have like some of the down VELO, I don't know what that's going to look like. For Strider, especially again because he is a primary like fastball slider guy, Like that's what he does. It's not like we can go to some other offerings. I mean, to be fair, even if you have other offerings, like Zach Gallen's a disaster when his fastball velo has gone down and down and then when he loses command on it, he can't even go to the other stuff. And it's been you know, I mean, he's obviously had some good starts, but like it's not the same version what Strider going to do, because then you're going to have Strider trying to lean more on the slider, and then all you're going to have is guys waiting on the fastball and if you're cranking it at ninety one, bam, they're gonna put that bad boy out. A couple of rookie lookies and then when I get to some of the listeners, some of the Peanuts and cracker Jacks out here, of course rookie lookie Simeon Woods Richardson was optioned. So this means we are on David Festa or Zebbie Matthews. Watch there. I haven't seen if there was a corresponding move, it could have happened just now when we started the show, it might happen here shortly. I will say David Festa has had a couple of really great starts fourteen strikeouts over his last two he has had no walks, and he's gone relatively deep. I think it was five and two thirds and six innings and he's been unhittable. So is Zebbi. But Festa was the guy before. I'm gonna say, I think this is gonna be a David Festa move, and I would go and pick up David Festa right now because I think he floats in that line of like I'm gonna call it, must pick up, but like I would probably dump like a Patrick Corbyn like we're talking about, I mean, because he's a streamer and hold on to Festa. But don't you they ask me, David Fester, Bubba Chandler. I'm not accepting that. But Arico, are you running to the wire to speculatively pick up a David Festa right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'm coming into the season. I was a huge fan of Festa.
Speaker 2: I've been kind of disappointed with the way that the Twins have used their entire rotation to start the season, like of course, Chris Paddock has actually been looking pretty decent recently. Like I thought Paddock and Sebody Richardson would be gone pretty early for Matthews and for Festa. Now I don't know if they're going to go with Festa. I think they probably will. But when they had him up before, he was only going four innings, four and two thirds every time out. Now his pitches were starting to I was following as closely. He was going in the sixties for pitches and then up to the seventies, up to the eighties, and then they sent him down. I think it's Festa, but be on the lookout for Zebby as well, because I think Zebby has earned his chance.
Speaker 3: He has a deeper arsenal than Festa.
Speaker 2: I think that long term Matthews is probably the better target, but for right now probably will be Festa. But I'm not one hundred percent sure which way they're gonna go here.
Speaker 1: So what does someone put this in here as a no? And I think this is important to see Cody Funderberg is being kept on the roster, but this is it's a pretty clerical move in that, like you have three or four days to wait for a rotation piece, so I think I think you will see them bring up David festa In like you know, three day, two or three days whatever. It lines up on the rotation side for Simon Woods, So I think that's where we're going to go for us, so Festivus for the rest of us, that is who I'm speculating on. You'd love to see Zebbi, but there's only so much room for these guys to do that. And Dalton Rushing was called up. This happened, I believe after the show yesterday, really really interesting move as a catcher outfielder. I assume with Austin Barnes going out, he's going to be playing part of that catcher role. He can maybe be a Henry Davis for this team and a good team that where he can go out into the go into the outfield, his bats live. But they also let him not play the first game. So I'm treating Dalton Rush like I would be treating Jordan Lawler. If you've got expendable stuff to pick him up, I think that's cool, But you're probably looking a guy that's going to go four to five days. They're not going to sit him too much. He's going to get some games. He's going to be at the bottom of the lineup. He's bat definitely is live. It's really great for pull handed, pull sided right handed hitters in LA. So like offensively, I love Dalton Rushing, but I think both of those guys you got to have a stronger stomach for and I would treat him just like Lawler. I'd probably have I would want Lawler a little bit more. Any other take on Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a quote last night from Dave Roberts. He said that Rushing will start tedday. He said tomorrow, but he's talking about today. So Rushing will be in the lineup today, but he will be the backup catcher and a left handed hitter off the bench, and he will not play the outfield, according to Dave Roberts. So I think that kills his value a little bit, even in two catcher leagues. Kills if he's only going to play two or three days a week. I think it's going to be tough unless there's an injury there that opens something up for right now, I think it would have to be a really deep too catcher league would definitely take Lawlor.
Speaker 1: I didn't even see that, but I kind of don't believe that that's going to if you're going to keep them on the roster for long term, I don't believe that's the case. Good question for me, Mois's, Ballisterio's, Dalton Russian. Which one do you want?
Speaker 2: Yesterday I had Rushing ahead of Ballisteros, but after seeing that quote, I think I would probably lean more to Ballasteros.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you, because they're working out Michael Bush at third base and that would create more of an opportunity long term for Ballisterios. If you're not going to play rushing in the outfield at all, then I think that that hurts a little bit of the value. Before we get with all of our friends and hang out and get some questions answered and everything. You guys know what time it is. Because you train hard, you show up, but lately something feels off. The tige lingers, recovery takes longer in your performance. It's just not what it quite used to be. There might be signs, and these might be signs of low testosterone, a condition affecting about thirty percent of adult men in America and Kaisatrex is an FDA approved testosterone replacement therapy designed for men just like you. It's not injection, it's not a gel. It's a twice daily pill that fits seamlessly into your active lifestyle, helping restore your testosterone to optimal levels. No, your t scoring get tested now by visiting kisatrex dot com slash testing dash kit. That's kisatrex dot com slash Testing dash kit. By prescription only. Kisa tres is a controlled substance and it could be a target of abuse. Kaisatrex is not for use in pregnant women or men with prostate or breast cancer. Safety and efficacy in those younger than eighteen is not known. Tell your doctor about medical conditions and medications. Joe, are you aware that there are side effects?
Speaker 3: Oh? I am.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you about them even if you weren't.
Speaker 3: Serious.
Speaker 1: Side effects could include increased blood pressure like I'm getting from reading this really fast, worsening prostrate symptoms, increase risk of prostate cancer Joe's getting this taken care of blood clots in the legs, are lungs, decreased sperm count, liver problems in large or painful breasts, and breathing problems while you sleep. And common side effects include swelling of the ankle's feet or body, increase, red blood cell count, and increase in prostate specific antidogens or PSA levels. PSA is a test you used to detect prostate cancer. Report these symptoms to your doctor. Call your doctor. To learn more about Kaisa Tres. For questions or more information, visit kaisatrex dot com or called one e three three nine four nine five zero four zero. That is Kaisa Trex Do it today. Okay, there you go, breath, there you go. I was really trying to get through that. Let's see, Let's see what the dude's got. Let's check out the homies. Here. I picked up Lawla. This is from Pancake. I picked up Lawler last week, dropping Kurts, and now it seems like Lawler is platooning as Lawler expected to have a bigger roll. Or should I drop to bring Kurtz back. I would drop to bring Kurtz back. And guess what, I would not have made that move because everybody on this show keeps talking about how we don't like Nick Kurtz. But he finally hit that homer. He's hitting two eighty profile looks good. Lawler is a little bit capped here though. The injuries are something maybe floating out there, but I'm a that might, you know, have some future more value for Lawler. But I'm a Kurtz guy over Lawler. What' say you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did it. Was there something about Marte? Did Marte get hurt.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, that's what I was alluding to. What we're talking about in the injury Well, I mean, I'll just mention it now that Marte was lifted from the game. He requested to be lifted from the game because he was feeling some body soreness. They said he's going to be back in the lineup on Friday. I tell you, as a Diamondback fan of watching, you can tell that there's something slightly off with Marte. Not as bad, not as bad at all. By the way he is flying. I mean, two homers yesterday and he's going, but he's had to be lifted. There's some injury problems and then Lawler came in. That could be something that creates some future value. Now, if Marte were to miss more time, Lawler would be even more exciting. But I'm Kurts over him right now.
Speaker 3: I still am Kurtz.
Speaker 2: I just thought i'd heard something, and I figured you'd know better as the Diamondback Sky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Finner dropped some I think some channel points, but a lot of cool little features we have. Someone in here earlier was like, I don't know how to you know, connect You can connect your Amazon Prime account to get a free sub with us on our Twitch. We're over a hundred, which we really appreciate you guys. It gets rid of those god awful ads that you have to deal with and it's free. So if you have Amazon Prime account, do it for free. But you can also use like channel points, and there's there's bits, there's those other crazy stuff you can do. But finter you some points here. Someone dropped VNP into twelveteen points league. Would you drop Michael Bush for him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially to points league? I would, I would do I would too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like a no doubter for me. The big Dan is Nola or al Contra rest of season. We're going to talk about Nola here in a little bit. But Nola got sal lackeyed yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably Nola, but I'm pretty down on both of them.
Speaker 1: It's Nola right now, But well, said Logan Henderson or Pepio or Peppatillo, Pepito Pepito rest of the season, probably Papio still.
Speaker 3: But I really like Logan Henderson.
Speaker 2: I've just I've been a big Pepio guy going back to for a couple of years now, but Henderson's looked great. I think they both are well worth being on all rosters, but I would Lee and Pepio.
Speaker 1: What about Henderson versus Woodroff.
Speaker 3: I'd take Henderson. I don't have much of an expectation for Woodroff this year.
Speaker 1: Oh really, you're like, you're kind of out.
Speaker 2: I think just when you're looking at a couple of years of layoffs and that they've pushed him back, He's had a couple of problems during the rehab. I just I don't think we're going to see much from him.
Speaker 1: I would probably I'd probably say Woodroff on that one, But if Logan Henderson does stay in the rotation for a while, then that's I'm just not completely convinced they're like a disastrous mess. Like we know that there's clearly a spot open, but like Henderson at this moment would probably be the likely player to go away with Woodroff coming back.
Speaker 3: So that's why I would.
Speaker 1: I would probably pick him. Let's see what else do we have here? What do you guys think about trading away Pete Fairbanks for Jung Hu Lee?
Speaker 3: Yes, especially given all the closers you have.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, yeah, that's an easy, easy one. Who else has got in here? Let's look, I got multiple questions in here written by Zach. What's the best I can get for Tanner Biby twelfteen points league? I was offered Roki for Bibbe a few days ago. Oh, going to talk about Roki as well? I don't want really want Roki. I don't. I'd rather hold on to Bibby than pick up Roki right now? If that says enough, what can you get? I'm not really one hundred percent sure, Like probably if you're trying to go SP for SP, I think it's going to be weird. You are going to have to buy a massive underperformer like a Sandi al Contra, or you're gonna have to buy into a pitcher that is overperforming that you think can hold it. Like I don't think you can get even Casey Miyes, but maybe like a Casey Mice. Excuse me? What say you?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just looking at his game log, it's really just two really bad starts that are destroying his whole line. Sixer in runs against Baltimore, seven against the Angels. But other than that, he hasn't allowed more than to ear and runs in any start. The command has been a bit iffy, you know, some three and four walk performances, but it seems like he has really figured things out over the last three starts, seven innings and two of them. I think that Bibby is somebody that you should just be holding, probably unless you are getting back something close to what you paid on draft day. I think that people are going to look at the overall numbers and not be as impressed as well. They're not that impressive right now, but I do think that over time he's going to pick it up. And if you're trading him, I think you're you're probably making a mistake right now.
Speaker 1: Add Toxic our Boy ended up using U. These are some bits I think using bits for the questions, they're kind of like pseudo super chats. People can do you get top of the line when you do this stuff. Hey guys, I'm gonna need a pitching and I would need to drop two guys soon with Jordan, Trout and Acuna coming off the IL just makes me so happy to hear the Kunya stuff. I'm willing to trade Perdomo, Trout and Dylan Moore for pitching. Who would be a who would be good to go after? And those are with the cheers, So I don't think Trout makes any that's weird if you're just saying like you want to trade those guys, what could you get?
Speaker 2: I mean, packaging altogether. You could probably do pretty well if you package them all together.
Speaker 1: But Casey Mizen again came to mind. Maybe you get like Casey Mize. I don't know if you can get two pictures for that. If someone would want to trade two pictures for three hitters like that, you might be better set. Okay, so the world of let's just use the world of Casey Mice as an example. But here's a guy I would really try to target if I could. It's like McKenzie Gore, but you need Trout to be healthier. If Perdomo and Trout to get like Gore and something tiny, I think could work. But you might have to take off one of those hitters, add some low pitcher and then maybe you can get you know, two pitchers back. McKenzie Gore would be a target of what I would probably be trying to push for.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Well, yeah, what about like Chris Bubag, like Perdomo for boobache or something like that, Like if you're in need of pitching one a couple of guys who both been off to really good starts, maybe people value boobage a little bit higher. But like Perdomo, you said, Perdomo for boobach Perdomo and maybe even Dylan Moore throw him in there.
Speaker 3: Because I don't really buy anything. I like that for long term thing like that, I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: Actually, if we can get there one hundred percent, Van Rod van Rod dropping the bits here. If Kershawn does well, is it worth dropping Cad Horton. And by the way, we also have to shout out Van Rod because Van Rod five gifted subs and I believe Van Rod is now the month leader, the biggest g in the chat. Van Rod dropping those gifted subs something people can do. And if you are following our Twitch channel when people gift out subs, you could just be gifted this awesome thing without having to sub yourself, so appreciate that. Closing in a nine hundred followers, so make sure you follow and people like Van Rod might hook you up. So what do you think if Kershawn is good in this start? Are you going to dump off of Kate Horton? I feel like I probably would. Horton's first appearance was in relief. If I'm not mistaken, it was like a bulk relief role. It's close, but I think I would go with the experience with kershaw Okay, I think I doesn't give up a bunch of hard hit contact. I'm kind of interested in him keeping around, especially with the team context. I am worried it's not going to go so well, so that would be more of my problem. We got more questions, and we got more people that have used some of the bits and stuff, and we will get back to you guys if I can find this comment. We'll just do this in just a tiny bit. Let's move through the sheet a little bit more. Here on the three where we got three up and three down. Cedric mullins fourth career Grand Slam in the second game of Wednesday's doubleheader against the Twins. He has been not hitting for average but man, he makes it count. Reece Freakin' Hoskins. We talked about this in the stream yesterday. Rico was with me YouTube on Wednesday's four pm Eastern. We're there, Reece Hoskins four for four with a homer, a double five RBI, and he has been powering up his offense. I know we did it yesterday, but maybe just as another quick shout, are you buying back in? Is Reece Hoskins going to press the top ten first baseman? Who would you rather have Minni pas Quentino or Reese Hoskins the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: That's a really good question.
Speaker 2: I would probably go with Hoskins, but I could see going either way. I think I think it's fairly close. Hoskins is more if you're just looking for straight power, where I think Vinnip hasn't to this point. But I think it is more likely to help you in the batting average department. Hoskins is kind of just doing what he always does. Last season, the batting average falling kind of put people out on him. In draft season, he was very cheap, but for his whole career he's been a twenty five to thirty five homer guy. With a one twenty ish WRC plus and we're seeing that again. The barrel rates are intact, the hard hit rates there, the launch angles good. Everything is solid for Reese Hoskins. Now, the lineup around him isn't amazing. He's scored twelve runs in forty one games, but I still think that he is a.
Speaker 3: Really good asset.
Speaker 2: Can he be a top ten first baseman to this point of the season, he's fifteenth. I could see him getting there because some guys in the top ten, you know, Wilmer Flores, I don't know if he's gonna stick around. Soderstrom may or may not stick in that top ten. I could see it with Hoskins. I could definitely see a top twelve for sure. Like a worthy of rostering in all twelve team leagues.
Speaker 1: I think I think so too. It looks like vintage Reees Hoskins, which is a really important thing on a really good offensive side. So I'm with that, and I think I would take Hoskins over Vinnie right now as well. Also a guy that you know, we've had a lot of questions for and is it real, It's a version of real Kyle Stowers two homers yesterday two for four, just continues to hit at the top of the lineup and be really good. There's probably some great questions out here. You guys could ask, I'm out there this one, do you just real quick? And then we got to keep burning Kyle Stowers or Jason Dominguez rest of season.
Speaker 2: I probably still have to go with Domingez. I think my gut would have to go that way.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Statistically, Stowers has been really good. Domingoz hasn't been terrible, though, Like Jason di Minguez to this point of the season has a one sixteen WRC plus two forty batting average, five homers, three seals, like, it hasn't been that terrible. I know that three homer games certainly helped the overall line, but I think I just trust him more in that ballpark with that lineup around him than I do Stours.
Speaker 1: That's how it works.
Speaker 2: But all all right, one last thing I was going to say, like, how bad does that trade look? How bad does that Stowers and Norby trade look?
Speaker 3: Right now? For Trevor Rodgers, Oh my god, awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trevor Rodgers is the literal nothing. I got me answer. I was a dimingaz guy. I actually might go with Stours because of that profile, and I love Jason Dimingez, but Stowers just continues to hit and is going to be in a prominent part of the lineup. On the downs, Aaron Nola absolutely obliterated nine runs twelve hits in three and three thirds or three and one thirds against the Cardinals. And on the other side, Center Grade wasn't much better. He gave up seven runs in three and two thirds, both of them Ba luch and I mentioned Simon Woods Richardson. He was hit up for six runs by the Orioles and then sent down. He gone on some injuries real quick. Roki Sizaki told reporters Wednesday that he pitched through shoulder discomfort during his last few starts. Something similar is to Japan the biggest and baddest piece of the news. There's no real timeline right now of what this is going to look like, how long this is going to take. There's also rumors of as this gets better, they might kind of rework his his like releae. I don't know if it's like his release point or his delivery. This could be months. I'm not saying it is because we just don't know. Because no one's giving us information, but I'm also telling you it might be a month and we might not see him until June. Between the injury and some of the reworking. Is Roki Sazaki a drop in fantasy for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? He is.
Speaker 2: And it's brutal because I know I was pretty aggressive on him in the preseason. You guys are right, you, Kelly Welsh, mayor who everybody was right.
Speaker 3: I was wrong.
Speaker 2: I ranked him too high, and I'm taking that L big time, taking that L. I think if you have unlimited il space, sure hold them. But most people are dealing with three or four spots. I think we're pro probably all filled up for most of our leagues at this point. We're probably filled up in the first week of April. I don't think you can afford to hold them in most cases.
Speaker 1: Stay it one more time.
Speaker 3: Christopher Welsh was right and Joe Rico was wrong.
Speaker 1: Man, it feels good. It'd been much better if that was coming from piece of PF. But oh yeah, I feel pretty good. Other injuries could tell. Marte, as I mentioned, was removed from the game. He had some hip tightness. He says he plans to play Friday just to keep an eye on it. Blake Snell resumed throwing on Wednesday, so there's a good piece of Dodger news. I suppose Josh Lowe went two for four with a solo homer on Wednesday and a minor league rehab assignment in TRIPA A. He should be coming back very very soon, so make sure that you get that right. Red Sox placed ten Or Hawk on the fifteen day il with being a horrible pitcher. I don't even know what the injury is, just right flex Or giving up homers and all the runs he sucks. Red Sox manager Alex cor also had mentioned that Walker Bueler is likely to return Tuesday, so that'll be the guy to take that spot. Parker Medow said Wednesday is getting close to a minor league rehab assignment. If you guys want to, you know, start picking up, maybe preemptively making moves, that would be nice. And Ben Joyce will not get saves this year in favor of Kenley Jansen because he is out for the season. He had right shoulder surgery, so bye bye there. Unfortunately is going to be no Ben choice. But what you guys can have is some awesome prizes because if you guys, make sure just to comment on this if you interact at the end of the day on the This is on the YouTube side, so the live people, you're gonna do a little bit of extra work. But if you go and comment on any of the videos we've dropped this month and make sure you're subscribed, you've got a chance to win a Jose Ramirez sign Guardians jersey for free, courtesy of our friends over at Pristine Auction dot com. And when I say any video, it could be this one. I mean, if you're here listening to me say this like, don't do extra work, just make a comment under here. Oh I love Welsh, Welsh was right, Joe was wrong. Well, whatever you want. I'm not trying to tell you what to say, but you can say anything. Subscribe to the channel and you will be entered, and then make sure to turn on notifications because we've got lots of great videos. You don't want to miss that. And when we announce who the actual winner is going to be, we want to hear from you. We will do a few more of the listener questions here, but first let's talk about our best bets of the day. There you go, We got some bets for the day. Here, let's jump into them, Joe, I will let you kick it off. What are your bets on a weird slate today? Because there's like early games that are literally going to start in two minutes. There's a couple afternoon ones. I tried to keep rolling with the afternoon but did the best I can. What do you got?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was trying to be as good as I could to the listeners, especially those who will listen on the podcast side, because a lot of the games are starting like literally right now, so there's only three games this evening. Tried to target those ones. First off, Jacob de Gram over six and a half strikeouts. He just put up ten in five innings in his last outing. Really seems to be figuring things out. And you're getting him at plus money for over six and a half strikeers. I feel like this maybe the last time we're seeing a strikeout total for deGrom this low, especially if he keeps up what we saw in his last outing. Also in that game, Texas and Houston under seven total runs. Its de Gram and Hunter Brown. It is one of the best pitching matchups we've seen so far this year, and I do think they are going to keep it a low scoring game. Two to one, three to two, something like that, also at plus money. And then Kevin Gosman over five and a half strikeouts.
Speaker 3: He's had a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of an up and down season, but overall it's been pretty solid against Tampa. I know this one's a little bit juiced the other two or plus money. This one is the more favorite bet, but over five and a half strikeouts feels very doable for mister Kevin Gosman against Tampa.
Speaker 1: I like those k props. I'm going to go with Sigano Sagano over I think this is an early one over three and a half strikeouts. He has hit this in both of his last two starts. I think three of his last four he has at least had four strikeouts going up against the Twins. They are middle of the pack as far as strikeouts go. It's a very obtainable number. We did this with Jose Soriano the other day. Anytime a guy sits in that five K market and they are, you know, right around four, I'm going to probably jump on it. First five money line, my friends, I'm taking that at plus one ten. You did mention Jacob de Grom, but Hunter Brown is on the other side. It's heavy, heavy plus money for Hunter Brown, who has been one of the best pitchers in baseball. Also, the Rangers offense has just been kind of muted. You've got no Corey Seeger. You just got things that are jacked up. So I really like the idea, especially give it getting plus money odds that the Houston Astros can put a run up. And if we don't and this game is just ridiculous and it's tied up, we're pushing here. So Houston first five money line is one of my favorite this week. And then Tyler Sodostrom over one and a half total bases that is a plus money play. They're going up against Matt Yeah sour former Royal and think Yankee as well. I love Soda Strom, you know extra base hits last night. It's a great ballpark as far as right and headed hitters go. So I'm going to go with Soda Strum on the total basis over those are the best bets, and you guys can make some of those bets over on fan Duel, where you guys can deposit five you can get extra back. Fantasypros dot Com Slash leading off or you bet five and then you can win two fifty your first bet hit. So go and check it out today and use our offer. Let's hit the home run board and then we will just a couple extra questions. Whenever I host the show we go later I apologize. I know you guys don't really care the home run board. Wonkey Penguin is on a tear lookout because Kelly's coming for you. Kelly is at five overall with sixteen homers, so not too shabby. Marty at the top with nineteen, George with nineteen, far Out with eighteen, Razor at seventeen, and then Wonky's got that five spot. I'm still on the left side of the board at eight with fifteen. No Joe Piezapia yet, but it's got Aaron Judge yesterday and today, so he might be coming. So make sure those guys at the bottom of the board make sure you're doing your job and keeping Joe off this. If you win, you could win that Sammy Sosa autograph Jersey that's going to go to the winner of this contest, which you can be in our discord to get access or if you are a subscriber on twitch that also gives you access if you want to do it. Who are you going with your home run call today, mister jo Rico.
Speaker 2: I really need some help because I was at a commission for a while and I didn't make my pick, so I need to catch up. I'm going with Mookie Betts, who's actually been really good this season. I know that there was a lot of talk before the year about how he's lost one hundred and fifty pounds and he's going all this stuff going on. He's been really good, and I think against Beato tonight he can take one out.
Speaker 3: So I'm going Mookie Bets.
Speaker 2: I think it was plus five to fifty plus five hundred plus five fifty.
Speaker 1: Really, that's very great fricking number. Actually, I'm gonna go with Tyler Soderstrom. I'm gonna I'm gonna jump in with that is actually plus four forty right now. Again right handed hitters in that ballpark. It's I was pntented on Brent Rooker, but Tyler Soderstrom is on a thing right now. He's getting it back, extra base hits, homers, So we're gonna go with the total bases and the homers. Here bing bang and boom, people in here talking about finding the home run board. Everything lives on our discord. So if you guys want fantasyfros dot com slash chat, take you over to the discord. There's tons of free elements of the discord. There's some premium stuff as well. Homer on Board is premium, but if you have the sub here you'll have access to it as well. Fantasypros dot Com slash chat. Look at Joe, He's like, look at the discord here, here you It's perfect, So go and check that out today. A couple last quick questions because we had a multitude of people that were using bits. Again, it's it is simmy like a feature of super chats on YouTube where you guys can I don't know why they call them bits, but you know, there's lots of different stuff you can do. I am going to just say them or producer Cali if you're able to bring them up, great because they're not highlighted on our platform we used to stream, but I can see it on Twitch. So a couple of the people that used some of these bits, I want to make sure to get to their question. One was game game Ova Tani and Buckston for Julio, Riley, Naylor and Scooble ten team roto Wow. So they get Scooble, Julioreilly Naylor, you trade away essentially Otani. Who even cares about Buxton? You doing that move?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I need to hear that one more time.
Speaker 2: That was a lot of okay Otani and Bucks and for Julio, Austin, Riley Naylor and Scooball that is a haul team.
Speaker 1: You want the best players, but holy crap, you have to imagine Julio'reilly Naylor and scoobol are all taking over one hundred percent like lower assets.
Speaker 2: I think I think I would do it, as much as I would hate to trade O'TAWNI, I think I would do that.
Speaker 3: That's enough for me.
Speaker 1: Thank I might too. AVM said, hey, well, speaking of barrel rate, Adolas Garcia's barrel rate is fifteen point seven, but batting two twenty nine. Is he a hold in the hopes of a good season or is this the version of Adulas we will see rest of season? I think is barrel is not one hundred percent correlative of course to like batting average, you're looking for the pieces to come together. You're looking for barrel rate. To go with hard hit, you're looking for lower strikeouts. His strikeouts are a problem. I think Adoles is a two forty hitter. I've always kind of thought that, so I think there's a tiny I think he's going to I think a lot of these Rangers are still going to bounce back. But I can only say that for so long. I think he might be someone too potentially go pick up. Right now, Lucias, I sent an offer of Domingas and Schwellenbach for Langford. Do you think that's a good deal on my end, if.
Speaker 2: Accepted Domingez and Schwellenbach for Langford, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Would do that.
Speaker 2: I think Schwellenbach is gonna be okay. I think, you know, he's had a little bit of a rough go, but the numbers are still solid. He's just not striking guys out, which is kind of weird. But I think that is a worthy trade for Langford.
Speaker 1: I think so too. I think that would potentially work. And by the way, someone let us know that josh Lo was just activated, so bam activated.
Speaker 3: He's there.
Speaker 1: Extra long show because I'm hosting, because that's how it always goes. We got lots to say and we want to hang with you guys. Thank you guys so much for hanging out with us this entirety of this show. It's a weird baseball day as well. You guys got more questions, you know where to find us. Make sure you're back here tomorrow twelve pm Eastern on the Twitch. If you guys on the YouTuber listen in here, come and hang out with us live, get your question answered. Friday back into the week is usually a pretty good time where we're trying to get to his any questions as possible. Shout out to the MVP of the episode, Van Rod, the gifted subs doing the bits that is supporting the channel that Van Rod walks away as MVP of today's episode. But we also do love our Joe Rico van Rod our third co host of course Joe Rico on Twitter at Joe Rico ninety nine. You can follow me at is It the Welsh. You guys have a fantastic rest of your day and we will talk to you on the next episode of Leading Off. Peace out, goodbye, and we love you.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy pros At. Subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB