Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, Joe Caddy, I'm strong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Eddie.
Speaker 3: I'm going over the president. Joe Batten. Something that you're keeping your glovebox.
Speaker 2: I like to buy a vow.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 2: That's the wrong game. Plea, Come on, Conan, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: It's me.
Speaker 2: I'm still the president. I'm Joe. I may be older. I'll beat the hell out of you. I'll pop you. I'll give you an uncle sandwich. You know how to do it. I can make sandwiches. And guess what, here's the deal. I'm not the old one now. Trump is the only difference.
Speaker 4: I know when to walk away about six months too late?
Speaker 2: Okay, show me whatever that was? Oh man, that was the answer.
Speaker 5: So bad.
Speaker 2: They gave you a double X.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: So once again, if you didn't watch Sara High Live, Dana Carvey there went to his blank stare like when Biden locks up. But this week they cut away immediately with the camera. They didn't hang on that. Yeah, so I think it's interesting. They didn't tell Carvey to stop, but they cut away from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you nailed it earlier, the great, the legendary Dana Carvey. They don't want to step on his bit, like tell him not to do it, but they just cut away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hmmm yeah.
Speaker 1: If you didn't watch it, and a lot of y'all don't it. It was unsparing in its mockery of Kamala and Walls and Joe Biden. Absolutely, yeah, yeah, which good. So I point this out just because I think, and there's there's an old joke that war is how Americans learned geography, and Africa is more than simmering. It's boiling with violence and extremism and instability. I mean, just to give you an idea, welcome to you. What's up with Africa?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Indeed, I can't believe that this song made a comeback. I hated it when it originally came out.
Speaker 1: Don't bless the rains down in Africa. You're a monster. I've loved it since the first time I heard it. This is one of our great points of disagreements.
Speaker 2: I've always hated it and how can you dislike that hook? Dorminy's Frat Rock loves it. Though it's hugely popular among my college kids. How can it not be. It's a great song. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: So and I realize you're going to be atial Jino about twenty two seconds into this, you're gonna be thinking where's he going with this?
Speaker 2: And that's kind of the point.
Speaker 1: A surprise deal that could allow Ethiopia to base warships in a breakaway region of Somalia is stoking tensions throughout a corner of Africa already ablaze with militant violence. Under the agreement, Somaliland, which is an independent, self declared state within Somalia's recognized borders, they would grant landlocked Ethiopia the rights to naval and commercial port facilities on the Red Sea.
Speaker 4: So did Somaliland do what northern Californian part of Oregon been wanting to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did a state of Jefferson. Yeah exactly, although with a hell of a lot of blood letting. So in return, Ethiopia would be the first country in the world to recognize Somaliland is actually its own country, an independent state. Obviously, this is angered Somalia. International players from Cairo to Washington are getting involved. Let's see, Egypt is furious over a giant dam Ethiopia built on the Blue Nile? Are there two niles? The Blue Nile? Blue Nile sounds like a good I don't know, liquor.
Speaker 4: This is like what they're doing with the moons. Got the Harvest supermoon and all the different moons. Now we got different niles.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so Egypt is so pissed off about this giant dam. They've joined Somalia's camp and delivered a shipload of artillery and anti tank weapons to Somalia. The US, which has four hundred and fifty commandos and defense personnel stationed in Somalia, how many knew that? As I mentioned referred to last hour to advise local troops. But advise, yeah, I've heard from guys who've come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Often the advising is shoot like this, bam bam, bam, bam bam as they exchange fire. Anyway, they're advising local troops fighting al Shabab and the Islamic State. The US is worried that this battle is distracting Mogadishu from the eighteen year old counter insurgency war.
Speaker 2: Easy to breeze through that sentence.
Speaker 1: Eighteen years now they've been fighting various Islamist lunatic groups.
Speaker 2: Isn't that something?
Speaker 4: There are so many parts of the world, A lot of them in Africa, most of them in Africa where it's like those apocalyptic movies, yes that you watch, where it's just but worse. Yeah, the human suffering.
Speaker 1: Very few of those apocalyptic movies show children being machetied to death, for instance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the whole world could become that way easily if you don't have oh yeah, you know, oh yeah, the natural tendency is toward chaos. In August, militants launched a suicide attack on Mogadishu's Lido Beach, killing thirty seven civilians and injuring more than two hundred and ten. Did you even hear about that?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: Might have, you know, kind of passed on your internet feed. Small force of Islamic state fighters is also gaining strength. Okay, Western officials believe Yemen based who the militis, Oh, we're in Yemen now, who have been launching missiles at shipping in the Red Sea purportedly to support the Palestinians, have made contact with al Shabab, which is a bit of a nightmare scenario.
Speaker 4: All the college kids marching in the street about these horrors in Africa.
Speaker 1: Too, not so much so providing various militants with armed drones that might enable al Shabab to mount deadlier attacks on us and allied positions in Somalia. Now, we haven't even mentioned Eritrea, which split off from Thiopia after a thirty year freaking civil war, taking Ethiopia's only seacoast with it. So Ethiopia needs the Somaliland sea coast that used to be Somalia's sea coast because Eritrea shot and killed enough people that they split off to clear their own damn country. None of this is fully settled, and everybody's ready to start slaughtering each other as quickly as possible if they can. They mentioned that Somali and Somali Land actually were united when Somalia got its independence in nineteen sixty, but they fell out when Somali dictator Mohammed Siad Bar oversaw the slaughter of tens of thousands of Somali Landers in the late nineteen eighties.
Speaker 2: I have a narrow Eritrea. I have to take a pill for it.
Speaker 1: So everybody's familiar with the Great Tutsies and what was it in that's right, in Rwanda. Everybody's familiar with that one because they made a movie. Well, right, but there's tens of thousands of people getting slaughtered right now.
Speaker 2: In two or three different conflicts.
Speaker 4: And again, our college campuses are royaled with people protesting the variety of the war.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Israel is defending its elf, and they call it a genocide even though it's nothing like that. So anyway, the problem with all of this is, of course that China is trying to take advantage and raise its geopolitical power to wield against us, and the idea of just staying at home and letting Africa go to hell is not a practical one, especially because the world is so tiny. Now, you got some militant group like al Shabab. The moment they can strike the US, they'll do it.
Speaker 4: Sure, it's not appreciated enough that the whole world could look like Africa. Yes, in one hundred years, if you don't still have a US World Order, led World Order, or Europe or Western civilization or somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every part of the world has looked like Africa more or less at some point. Sure, until some great power said y'all are going to settle down, or we'll kill you.
Speaker 2: Quicker than those guys can. Whether it's Rome or.
Speaker 4: Various Chinese princedoms, prince whatever they call them.
Speaker 1: Ottoman Empire invited the foot rest. Yeah, lots and lots of inventeds.
Speaker 2: Did I say invited? I'm an invented. That was close? Yeah, got Yeah. That whole thing, the whole Africa thing is fascinating. Yeah, that's the state of human kind.
Speaker 1: Uh. They would tell you in the universities that's because of colonialism, settler colonialism, and they're not completely wrong, but they way overstated. And that's what's up with Africa.
Speaker 4: It sounds a lot scharier in the song the harmony right here, because a harmony takes over the melody.
Speaker 2: It's this brilliant songwriting. Bless You've gotta.
Speaker 1: Bless the rings down in Africa, or you'll get more violence.
Speaker 2: I rest my case, We'll use rape as a weapon down in Africa. Is that one of the lyrics?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 1: Na Geez's really grim man grim.
Speaker 4: It was the one thing I want to jamming synthesizer before he took a break.
Speaker 2: Oh, I get this is our teas. This is a good teas.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm happy when this happens that it turns out that y'all all, y'all Americans, human beings are paying enough attention that you get this result. Gallup shows a record low approval and they've been doing this for many, many decades. Record low approval of the media in terms of believing what they tell you. Yeah, that ain't good, but it's accurate. It's heartening, isn't it to see that people perceive.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 4: It is heartening that people understand that it's true. It's bad, that it's actually happening, very bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm beyond the point of wishing things were better. I just want people to understand so they can join us in the fight.
Speaker 4: Some of them are just amazing that and other stuff on the way.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't let the people survey top six answers on the board name something that you're keeping your glove compartment, oh dp, Harris Steve.
Speaker 6: Look, I was raised in a middle class family.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh, here we go.
Speaker 6: Okay. My mother raised my sister and me, all right, she worked hard and saved up.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh, and we had a second mother too.
Speaker 3: Okay, did that mother have a global compartment?
Speaker 6: A small business? Owner named Miss Shelton.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got that something that you keep in your local apartment.
Speaker 6: Oh a glock? See if a big old clock? Oh oh.
Speaker 2: Stamp? Okay, so you strapped like that?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Show me the blip black wicket.
Speaker 3: Number two answer the Democrats is controlling the boards.
Speaker 2: That's from the opening Saturday Night Life.
Speaker 4: There's not a chance that the people running Kamala Harris's campaign don't watch Saturday Night Live for q's m or or just watch it in general, but watch it for q's.
Speaker 2: You know, what's their take on things?
Speaker 4: Do they do they watch that and think, oh, damn, we've done the whole middle class family thing too much? Or do think they think perfect, We've hit it enough times. It's like advertising. I remember it in radio. We used to complain to our bosses, I can't stand this concert promo that we're running.
Speaker 2: It's killing me. When you're tired of it, the listener has just heard it for the first time, just comprehended it. Yeah, yeah, So is that the way they steal question?
Speaker 4: I wonder if the campaign people think good, we've we've we've got that solidly in people's minds that you come from a middle class fan.
Speaker 2: What I want to know.
Speaker 1: Is is blip bland and blicky?
Speaker 2: I don't know a known term.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but it made me laugh, made me laugh. I love the way they portray her husband too. The Andy Samberg kind of just really weak guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, spineless.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. If she wins, I hope that hangs around. This is not shocking.
Speaker 2: Well, isn't he the guy who allegedly slapped down a girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, that's a contrasting image.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 4: Confidence in the media has fallen to a new low. According to Gallup, who has been asking this question for a very long time. New polling shows a record low thirty one percent of adults have a great deal or fair amount of confidence in the media to report the news.
Speaker 2: Oh that includes fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the flip side of it is amazing. The biggest number, what they call the plurality. Thirty six percent have no trust at all in newspaper, television and radio outlets. Thirty six percent zero trust, yeah, and then another thirty three percent not very much.
Speaker 2: So if you add zero to not very.
Speaker 4: Much, you're at call it seventy percent at sixty nine giggay gg wow. Wow, Well that's about appropriate it is. I mean, how do you argue with that? I mean, I kind of am. I guess my question would be those of you who have some confidence, what is your deal?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm we're both at the point that we're old enough that we see the arc of history Jack, which bends toward more crap in my experience. But you've got a problem, like an awful, dishonest, biased activist media. You gotta get through the whole people become aware of it stage before you can really get serious about fixing it. And whether it's the transgender sports thing, dudes playing in women's sports, I'm just gonna start calling it that, or awareness of how corrupt the media is. We're at the people recognizing it. It's a pretty big problem. So that's encouraging.
Speaker 4: Does that leave a hole for like some of the stuff I take in the Dispatch, Mark Halpern's newsletter, people that I trust are really really trying hard to get it right.
Speaker 1: The Free Press, the Armstrong and Getty Show. Yeah yeah, I mean we have a point of view, but we're and that's the difference. Sometimes people say, you guys, I like you because you're right down the middle. I mean, we're avowed conservatives, but try to be fair. I always tried to be fair and honest and not pander, which I think is fine. If those of not just she Devils who moderated the debate, we're to come out.
Speaker 4: That's you being fair and charitable. That's Joe being fair and charitable. It's not just she Devils.
Speaker 1: I had a much worse term right there in Beckham, a tongue ready to climb out into their front room. Anyway, if they came out and said, look, obviously we come at this from a progressive point of view, they would get partial credit from me. Of course, that's not their job, and that's not what they claim to be. They're utterly dishonest about it. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well you'd have to come out and say we're only going to fact check one side right because we hate the other side.
Speaker 1: Well, then why would I watch? And I don't care how much she lies, just as long as she beats that guy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So let's get started. So we should have played this last week when it happened. We didn't get around to it. Barack Obama lecture in a bunch of black dudes about them not voting for Kamala Harris, like lecturing them like they're like.
Speaker 2: He's their dad, shaming them. Yes, and it was in the.
Speaker 4: Hallway outside the event, but he canna he was on camera. This was clearly designed to go viral, which it did. Yeah, and I don't know how. I don't know how male black voters reacted to it. I don't have any idea, but we'll play that for you coming.
Speaker 2: Up Armstrong and Getty and my numbers with the black and especially black men. I love black men. I love them. I love them. I have gone through the roof with black men, black men.
Speaker 4: Speaking of hammering messages kind of like we were talking about earlier with the Kamala Harris. I come from a middle class family. I mean, Trump is in the sales business and he and he clearly feels like hammering the just hammering the phrase over and over and over and over again is.
Speaker 2: To make sure is the way to get it to stick in people's heads.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me that he references that in the Art of the Deal. Yeah, the power of repetition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does. I haven't read it.
Speaker 4: And on the whole uh black men thing, which has become a bit of a topic, and we're about to hear Barack Obama lecturing black men about that. So Democrats won the black vote in general, this isn't just men, but uh and he's even and it's worse among men than women, But among all black voters, Democrats won by eighty five in twenty sixteen, Hillary won that vote by eighty five points. In twenty twenty, Biden won it by eighty one points. Kamala currently leads it by sixty three. Now still obviously that's a giant win. But that's a twenty two point drop, yeah, from.
Speaker 1: Twenty sixteen, and an unmistakable trend. And when you're dealing with something as culturally entrenched as the idea that black folks vote for Democrats, the fact that you could unstick it that much, that's really significant.
Speaker 4: I gotta believe it's the same issues, whatever they are, and we're all guessing that's caused the Hispanic vote to turn so much. The New York Times with their analysis that Trump's doing better with his Hispanics than any other Republican ever, has Kamala Harris is doing worse than a Democrat ever has.
Speaker 2: I gotta believe it's the same stuff anyway.
Speaker 4: So Barack Obama gave a speech the other day, big one in Pennsylvania in front of a giant crowd. Then he was like in the hallway of the arena later talking to some black guys. Clearly this was designed to go viral. Somebody who's there with the camera out talking, you know, recording him. I mean, it's not like he got caught. It's not an open mic thing, right, this is on purpose.
Speaker 2: We had not yet.
Speaker 5: See the same kinds of energy had turnout in all courts.
Speaker 2: How our neighborhoods, and to get musicism solve.
Speaker 5: Now, I also want to say that that seems to be more pronounced with the brothers. So if you don't mind just for a second, I'm gonna speak to y'all and say that when you have a choice that is this clean. And on one hand, you have somebody who grew up like you, knows you went to college, would you understands the struggles and pain and joy that comes from those experiences.
Speaker 2: Of living in Montreal.
Speaker 4: Well, he goes on to say, and I thought that's actually what the clip was going to be. He goes on to say, basically, I'm disappointed in you? What's wrong with you? Come on, get your act together, I mean, like really lecturing tone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and that part about it's because some of y'all aren't good with a woman being president.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we actually will have to grab that because that's the whole point. I mean, yeah, so you won't vote for a woman? I am disappointed in you?
Speaker 2: What yeah?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Wow? I can't believe that.
Speaker 4: He immediately assumes that if black men aren't voting for Kamala Harris, it's because they won't they don't believe a woman should be president.
Speaker 2: A few dude, it would be my thought.
Speaker 4: Wow, I could have all kinds of reasons for choosing one candidate over another, got nothing to do with whether it's a woman or not. But you're smart, Harvard former president godfather is here to tell you the only reason you'd vote against her is because you're sexist, and you're too dumb to.
Speaker 2: Overcome that argument.
Speaker 1: And then that's the argument essentially, because for me to fall for that, I would have to be so easily cowed that any any accusation whatsoever would change my mind. I'm sorry, I'll do what you say, or I'm so dumb I can't think a policy.
Speaker 2: So that's an incredibly insulting argument.
Speaker 4: All right, and then throw in a dose of I'm disappointed in you or you're letting me down.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, whatever, Yeah, sorry. I was amazed by that. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And like I said, I really think they put that out there to go viral. I mean, they wanted to be seen in all quarters, and I thought it was I generally think Barack Obama is, you know, your top tier of politicians.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a horrible look.
Speaker 1: I think he is post needing anything from anybody, and he has never lacked for confidence. No, but the very very pleased with himself to the point of being insufferably smug at times. And now he doesn't have to pretend otherwise. Well, I think we're only seeing the beginning of the brand new I'm better than you, I'm better than everybody.
Speaker 2: I am a god.
Speaker 1: Part of a portion of Barack Obama's life.
Speaker 4: What what is what will the left do if Trump wins and it's with you know, the biggest chunk of black and Hispanic votes that any Republicans ever gotten and the smallest group that any.
Speaker 2: Democrats have been gone?
Speaker 4: What are they gonna what are you gonna do with that for your autopsy on the left after the election, You're probably.
Speaker 1: Going to do a fair amount of polling to figure out why that is, obviously, and when they discover it is the far left madness, they will attempt to rein it in and soft pedal it. But the problem is they didn't create the monster. They're just trying to win its votes. And so if the Democratic Party turns against the entire education establishment of the US and a lot of the media who believe what they learned at Columbia Journalism or whatever, it's going to.
Speaker 2: Be a war for the ages and some of the issues.
Speaker 4: Somebody on the text line pointed out the abortion issue, which is Kamala Harris feels like that's her, you know, biggest strength as the abortant edition.
Speaker 2: A lot of the Hispanic vote ain't down with that.
Speaker 1: No, certainly not up until the moment of conception or I'm sorry, birth and beyond if it's a botched abortion.
Speaker 2: No, they don't like that a bit.
Speaker 4: God, this reminds me of a conversation I had with somebody over the weekend trying to figure out whether I want to go here or not. If Michelangelo is here. What would he say, go ahead?
Speaker 2: Do it makes you grin?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I don't know if this would make you a grin. I should think this.
Speaker 1: If it improves the show, let it flow.
Speaker 4: It doesn't look favorably upon the Mormon religion, oh, which I I've always been pro. But I talked to somebody who would know, as they were a Mormon for twenty years married to a a Mormon gentleman who was gay but hiding it. Finally came out after twenty years of marriage and explained why he had no interest in her for twenty years. That's painful, but she became a Mormon to get married to the guy. And the questions about whether you've ever masturbated and how you went about masturbating and them writing it down?
Speaker 1: Do you mean like today? You mean on the way to work, like I didn't, I know nothing about it.
Speaker 2: I didn't neither.
Speaker 4: I didn't either. And they got married in the big Temple and everything. I mean, just you know that, the whole, the whole. Not I'm not talking about like some of those little enclaves in Utah where people have eight y you know, like the factions of oarm. This was like mainstream and I was shocked by this, and and and and then tell me a story.
Speaker 2: I gotta be vague here.
Speaker 4: I hope I don't get anybody in trouble, but I was shocked by all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Dude who he and his wife.
Speaker 4: Their divorce got married anyway, he was asked if he had masturbated, and he said yes and got excommunicated, and it had spent the last couple of years working his way back into the church.
Speaker 2: Wow, so that they can get married in the church. Wow, Wow, I know. Wow.
Speaker 1: Huh. Now that's a strict regulation there.
Speaker 4: My only experience with Mormon families Mormon religion has been one hundred percent positive, like the like seriously like best people I've ever been around, like something to model your life after, prize the family. So I only know this anecdotal stuff that sounds yes, Hanson, you feel like I just I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I should have said if they call it a sin, I leave it in. That's now I feel like I screwed up, So you grin leave it. But if called that is, and don't leave it, but put it in the bin.
Speaker 4: If anybody can speak to whether or not that's like common or is this just like somebody that was off the reservation, wacky?
Speaker 1: But in telling that story, I have no idea, and I'm intensely uncomfortable with this.
Speaker 2: I am too well, Okay, explain why you're intensely uncomfortable. I just.
Speaker 1: I if I am going to criticize or make sport or whatever of a religious doctrine, I want to make sure I have the facts right. Otherwise I'm just hurting people's feelings in an unjustifiable way. Like I was very very careful about making sure I was on solid ground talking about Islam and radical Islam, because there are plenty of Muslim people who viewed as a personal faith that the whole political quest domination aspect of Islam, the fundamentalist part of it. A lot of people don't embrace that, and I have no argument with them at all. But yeah, there's a lot within Islam that is incompatible with a peaceful world, fundamentalist Islam in my opinion, And I'm right.
Speaker 4: I tell you, I was talking to these successful, normal people we're telling this story, yeah, and I was like, mouth open.
Speaker 1: Well, the Catholic Church was staunchly against self pleasurement. You know, during a lot of the twentieth century, the boys were taught it would make them go blind. Yeah, but anybody saying that now in.
Speaker 2: The Catholic Church, I don't not as much. This was now.
Speaker 4: This is like in like two years ago, you get kicked out of church because I just thought of a really inappropriate change. It just seems so crazy. It seems crazy to me that you'd ever answered the question, why would I tell you?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I can't even imagine answering that question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about you handle your deal your life and how you handle sex and sexuality with your partner, who is very different than mine. Everybody's a little different, And yeah, why don't we just worry about other stuff? Some people think that is somehow fundamental to sin and self, you know, pleasure. Well, it's a sin, that's an indulgence. It's a being undisciplined. And see that I don't get.
Speaker 2: I get.
Speaker 4: I get some of the stuff, like the ungodly, the hardcore sex before marriage.
Speaker 2: You're not going to accomplish it. But I understand the reason.
Speaker 4: There's all kinds of ways you can screw up your life forever by you know, getting involved in too much sex before marriage. And get somebody pregnantllity sort of stuff. But I'm not sure about the masturbating part. I don't understand where's the crime there.
Speaker 2: It's has to do with lust. I think actualization. I don't know, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: See like on that I would be I'd be fine with lecturing people about the evils of internet porn.
Speaker 2: I'd be fine with that, yeah, because it is awful. It's terrible for you. But just you know, first of all, if so.
Speaker 4: You're telling me, all the guys are going in there and saying no or they get excommunity.
Speaker 2: Then they're lying. Well, true, So what have you accomplished? Right? That's the old joke.
Speaker 1: Seventy percent of men say they have master made in thirty percent or liars anyway, So this is this is I would rather talk about Mogadishu's port deal with.
Speaker 2: The I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure we'll get a bunch of texts about this because I'm fascinated by this. I had never heard that in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish.
Speaker 1: I'd taken a comparative religions class in college.
Speaker 2: I never did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if in college would be the best place to get the straight scoop.
Speaker 2: That's your professor. Probably every single religion he was talking. He's gotten that idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, we will finish strong our text line, Yeah, join in text line four one, five, two, nine five k FTC will finish strong, next strong.
Speaker 7: According to a new study, South Burlington, Vermont, is the safest city in the country, while the least safe city is Diddy freak Off Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a good joke. Yeah, they're a couple to trade. Did he jokes? And nothing he did was funny.
Speaker 1: But boy, the whole he's clearly guilty attitude is settled across the land.
Speaker 4: I gotta assume if you engage in a freak off you get excommunicated. For many churches, yes, most so on that topic, which I'm not going to restate, please, but we got a number of texts, mostly from the that's the craziest thing I've ever heard. I've been in the church my whole life. My husband's a bishop, I'm a bishop.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: That's a bunch of crap. You shouldn't be saying it. Got a handful though, a couple, only well a handful two two people like yes I am in the church or I was in the church, and that's absolutely true. I don't have the slightest idea other than what I heard from successful normal people who this happened to me, happened to them.
Speaker 2: So this is what I'd like to hear.
Speaker 4: If you're knowledgeable about this, explain to me why they would have had that experience, because I believe their experience, Like is it a weird like offshoot, or is it like one crazy bishop just like they're bad priests, or sure, what do you think happened there?
Speaker 2: On text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 4: I'm pro organized religion, so I'm never trying to bring down any organized religion.
Speaker 2: Just be good at what you do.
Speaker 1: A couple of quick notes left this out last week, and I was kicking myself for it over the weekend that whole flap at CBS News where Tony Decouple dared to do journalism and challenge one of the saints of the left, Tana Hashi you pronounce it turns out coats how you get out of his anyway? That one of the things the network brass did was they said they were bringing in a mental health expert DEI strategist and trauma trainer, a trauma.
Speaker 4: Trainer to help people deal with the regular interview, right, just good solid journalism, challenging a one sided view.
Speaker 1: But then it turned out that this guy, doctor Donald Grant, who's the anti racist type, is completely racist, because that's what anti racism is. It's racism, but good racism. For instance, he posted an altered cover of the classic Uncle Tom's Cabin with Tim Scott's face on it, Uncle Tim's Cabin.
Speaker 2: He called it.
Speaker 1: That's fair calling Tim Scott an Uncle Tom for being a Republican. So CBS quickly shuffled their feet, cleared their throat, and disinvited the guy.
Speaker 2: I guess, and then I want to throw this in real quick. Oh we don't have time.
Speaker 4: We ought to hit it on it to get tomorrow. This is a good topic. It's a good topic. And and my question still like is this good news or bad news?
Speaker 2: Like is this headed the right direction or the wrong direction? It's the end of the beginning.
Speaker 4: Okayw Hey, Rocky, what should we pull a final thought out of my hat?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 2: That trick never works. Nothing up with sleeve pristo throwback there? All right?
Speaker 4: I like Rocky and bowlwegle you gotta be kind of old, remember it. But here's your host for final thoughts.
Speaker 2: Joe Gedden must get Moose and squirrel.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew, beginning with our technical director who is not here, segueing over to our esteemed newswoman.
Speaker 2: Who is not available.
Speaker 1: Our technical I'm sorry, our executive producer, Mike Hanson is filling in running the board today.
Speaker 2: Hanson, you got a final thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure you're angst about Columbus stage, Jack, but for a very different reason.
Speaker 2: It was late ericson.
Speaker 7: 'gus never knowing the mad Dagon stooool.
Speaker 2: Anti Viking bias.
Speaker 4: You're right, Jack in final thought, Yes, we are getting tons of texts on this particular topic about religion, and it sounds like it may be an out of control particular bishop in one particular church.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Hmmm, shouldn't that bishop take a meeting?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wowly not wow.
Speaker 1: My final thought was I was completely convinced yesterday I was gonna be mugged. I should have told this story one percent. I was thinking, oh, man, getting my phone replaced, and oh I'm going into but uh, I tried to look very mean and angry. The guy looked at me, turned around and walked away. Did you do a flying scissor kick? I did, but it can neither fly nor scissors, so it didn't really come out right. Kind of came off with laying down. Yes see tomorrow, God meliss America.
Speaker 2: I am proudly casting my vote from Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine a more beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: Good life, he said, wow, and boom goes to dynamite.
Speaker 4: What now.
Speaker 1: My pro tip of the day is this, let's go in particular and you know what, deadly, precise and above all surprises.
Speaker 2: And by the way, it's
Speaker 4: Oh girl, baby girl, Great Friday Mother, Armstrong and Geddy