Speaker 1: Hi everyone. I'm Julia Hart.
Speaker 2: I'm the star of my un Orthodox Life and the author of the best selling book Raiser Uh, the owner and CEO of Body by Julia Heart, which is a shape our brand, and the mom of some really amazing children.
Speaker 1: My two daughters are here with us today. But and here Hey, hi everyone, I'm but Shava.
Speaker 3: I am the oldest of the Heart and I am on my North Fox life as well. And I also do content full time. So if you guys aren't following me on Instagram, TikTok, snapchat, YouTube, all of the places you I do a lot of like fun lifestyle girly content for all my single ladies out there.
Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and I'm Mariam.
Speaker 4: I'm the youngest daughter in the family and I'm so happy to be on this podcast. I do all things tech, so I do tech consulting. You can check out my website. But that I have a podcast called Faking It, and I like to say that faking it is not not faking orgasms and more fake it till you make it, uh, And so definitely check out my podcast. And I'm super excited to be talking with you all.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, Yeah, this is that we're gonna do it. We figured we're gonna I'm gonna ask them questions that we got and then they're gonna ask me questions and hopefully a little gender, some fun conversation. All right, here we go. Watch that. I'm Miriam. Both of you explain your relationship with mom. Mm hmm, I love going first. Yes, Yes, I was. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think people I feel like, if you watch the show, you see that we have a very unique relationship with our mom. It's very I think people say that we're friends, but I always say that there's a very clear distinction between mother daughter. We have a very big sense of respect for our mom and that line has never been crossed. So as close as we are, we all have that friendship mom, but we also have that mother daughter and there's that level that we don't cross in that sense where I feel like sometimes we're like, oh my god, I'm so close to my mom, and then they like, you know, we'll yell back or things like that. It's like, oh my god, that would never happen. So I feel like people are always interested in.
Speaker 1: Learning about that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, no, no, Like I love my mom super super closer. I could tell her anything, but she is my mom, and I think that's a hard balance for parents to have, whether like being very close with their children but still also being like a form of authority.
Speaker 1: My mom walks that line very well, cool, beautiful.
Speaker 4: Okay, So well, just one thought on that was, since you were the oldest, was Ema like, would you say was like the toughest on you?
Speaker 1: Or like, was she like what do you think?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously, I think every oldest child knows that you get the most. Everything is way more strict than you. I bet time, Yeah, I I yeah, I mean I don't. My mom was never strict, but we were all really good kids, so I think we never had to have like too many rules. But whatever rules he did have, we like really followed them. And then my youngest brother.
Speaker 1: He never had.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of watch whatever he wanted, hang out with his friends whenever. But you know what, there's like a guarantee between being I'm still happy to be the oldest. How does it feel being a middle child?
Speaker 4: I would say another benefit of Ema in terms of our relationship is you're also like my business coach, you know, like if I had your mother like in friends end.
Speaker 1: And then also business coach like, momitor, well, don't say that.
Speaker 4: But yes, I think that's the truth. It's like, what's special?
Speaker 1: I got to protect my family.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't sign a contract without mommy looking at it first.
Speaker 3: My mom's like, you can't sign a contract contract without showing them to make I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You learn very valuable lessons with our mom every day from from all different avenues. We call our mom E short for Ema, which means mother and Hebrew. So if you ever hear us referring to my mom as E, that is why.
Speaker 6: So I'm just at like, I'm just I think it works. I want my grandchildren to call me just the letter.
Speaker 1: I love it. I'm the letter.
Speaker 2: I think it's like, oh my god, no, but can you imagine me, buddy grandma.
Speaker 1: That's not happening people, So it's going to be everyone's just gonna call it better than because as first we call yeah, which is like yeah, he sounds like the letter. Yeah. So what do you want to ask me? Are your favorite things about us? Oh?
Speaker 2: My goodness, okay, how which time do we act? She only said thirty minutes. Okay, I'll start with you because you're the oldest. So what do I love about Eva or so many things, so many things, I would say number one, she made me a mom so first and foremost, and she is. We're very different in so many ways, right, And I have so much admiration for the past that she's in.
Speaker 1: She's a complete self starter.
Speaker 2: She's crazy hardworking, she has an extraordinary work ethic, and she goes for what she wants and then she gets it, you know, And like.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud that she made the move to Miami.
Speaker 2: I think that's not an easy thing to do, to pick up from such a close knit family and go somewhere.
Speaker 1: And I'm so happy because you look so happy and you just belong there. You look amazing. She just I'm so happy that you look so happy. And you know, you're a manifestor you go after what you want.
Speaker 2: I'm totally in awe of how fearless she is with guys, like you'll like you'll be the person asking someone out and I haven't learned how to do that yet.
Speaker 1: I'm working on it. I'm work in progress. So I just you know, she's.
Speaker 2: My dating guru and my confidence coach in all things dating, and I really admire her.
Speaker 1: Just thinks She's incredible and also like when they should hit.
Speaker 2: Them fan in my life, my family's there for me and the ways that every mother dreams of, honestly, and Miriam.
Speaker 1: Miriam is the reason I left the community.
Speaker 2: She's the reason I started my exodus journey.
Speaker 1: She is a fearless feminist. I'm so proud of the fact that she stands up for the Jewish people, she stands up for women, she stands up for lgbtqia. She is a force to be reckoned with.
Speaker 2: And I'm proud that she lives her life openly and authentically without apology to a single humanity.
Speaker 1: So I have pretty awesome kids. I kind of like them.
Speaker 3: I feel like what's unique about our family is that we all have, like you know, we obviously have some similar interests and a lot of things that we do together, but we also all have different things that like empower us or we're interested in. But then we learn ways to all connect through those things together, like whether it's like I love like the spiritual up and I've like introduced my family to that, and we're all like open to learning different things from each other, and we all have a lot of just like I mean just from this like a lot of beautiful positive things easily to say about each other because definitely we genuinely I think. I remember we had just come out with the second season and we were in Brazil for New Years and this like family came over to us and they were like, wow, you guys are actually.
Speaker 1: Close, Like they thought that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, They're like you seem like you like really like love hanging out together, and we're like we.
Speaker 1: Do everything together. Like.
Speaker 2: I started Omnation, which is this website, basically to help change the trajectory of social media because right now, you support Jewish people, you get attacked, you lose followers, you lose job. It's very scary out there. So I had this concept that people will sign on to Omnation. The more hundreds of thousands of people sign on. When someone gets attacked, Omnation comes to the rescue and sends a lot of love their way, sends a lot of follows their way to support them so that they don't feel low and bind enemy lines. And Miriam created the website. Miriam did all the content. We have a show that we're working on together. Obviously I'm not allowed to say what network in the name of the show, but I think people know that another show is coming and we're all three in that as well. But Chevin and I have invented a pickle brand together. It's like we do everything together.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Shlomo is my business partner every single business I have.
Speaker 2: He's the CEO of my shapewear brand, and he is like a partner of mine and so many other endeavors. What advice should we give people to like how we've maintained this really incredible relationship where we let ourselves be ourselves, but we also do everything together.
Speaker 1: What do you think you would say?
Speaker 3: I think I obviously give my mom that credit for allowing us to all have our own interests and never forcing us to do anything.
Speaker 1: It was more like, well what do you want to do?
Speaker 3: And then I think when I was younger, sometimes that would be like, well what do you think I should do? Because like, you want like your mom's advice. But my mom raised us very independently where we needed, like if we wanted something, we needed to like figure out at a certain point.
Speaker 1: I remember I wanted to go to sleepway can't.
Speaker 3: My Mom's like, okay, apply, I'll pay for it, I'll take care of it. But you need to learn how to take those steps yourself. So I think my mom did an amazing job about like learning up, like teaching us responsibility, while also like, obviously we grew up. I'm very thankful, like we had amazing opportunities, but she taught us that you have to like work for things, things aren't handed to you. We saw our mom work really really hard. So I think understanding that, like what you can learn from your parents is very important, and like being able to have.
Speaker 1: The ability to explore what we are.
Speaker 3: Interested in instead of being like sometimes I think parents are like, this is what you should do, regardless if the kid wants to do that or not, and that's where you kind of are like, well, I'm not going to ask your advice because you don't know what You're telling me what you think I should be doing versus what I actually want to be doing. So I think having a parent who lets you explore that about yourself while also giving you feedback, because obviously you want your parents to give you advice, but when you feel like, okay, this is my choice too. No one's forcing you to do anything just because they are your parents, that's really gives you the space to grow and continue seeking their advice.
Speaker 1: Love that what me or you want to time in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I think that something that I think is really incredible is also that you never, like kind of adding onto m chevas that you never told us, like you know, whenever you give us your advice, you never say this is what you should do. You always say like, this is what I think is the best thing to do. You're your own and defendent person, and like Rihanna.
Speaker 5: Like I highly encourage and you may consider this thing that what I think is probably great to do, but then you never say, like you should do this, Like I don't think I've ever heard you say that. You've always said you've done this thing, and it made it made me reflect on that thing, which you should consider very deeply, you know, and I really respected that always and even even that like I've applied that the way that you treated us as we were growing up, and even like as in like one of the questions here is like how do what ad best do you have for daughters and moms who go into business together?
Speaker 4: I think like because you raised us as very independent people, it allowed us to go into business together, you know, because you taught us how to be how to communicate in really all circumstances and familiar circumstances and business circumstances, and then we get to be able to do that together and also help each other grow during that process, which is really cool too, you know. So it's constantly like we're growing, we're doing things together familiarly in business, and then we're also helping each other grow as people. And so I think that's what's so special about this family is that we really invest in one another, you know. I think, like, I think that's what really makes our families special, Yeah, is that there's something in every single one of us that we've all agreed in our minds to never let go of each other.
Speaker 1: Like I think we've agreed.
Speaker 4: To do that, you know, like just throughout everything we've been through in life, we're like, I agree that we are going to stick together. That was like a period, you know, and we assigned that contract internally. And I think that's what makes our relationship, all our relationships so special, is that it's something that's constantly growing and developing as time goes on because we were not giving up on each other, which I really love and it makes me feel whole.
Speaker 2: You know that's beautiful, and I think, like from my side, you know, I think my job as a.
Speaker 1: Parent was never I never had a vision of what your life should be.
Speaker 2: And I think that's a mistake a lot of people make, is they have an idea of what their child's life should look like, but that's based on what they wanted their life to look like. But you have to listen to your child. So to me, my job as a parent was to figure out what they wanted and then find a way to help them get there, because I mean, look, we're all very strong people, we're all very highly independent, and we have to allow ourselves to be ourselves. And I think, you know, that's something we've all fought very hard for together.
Speaker 1: And I think that's another thing that makes us very close.
Speaker 2: We've really been through hell together, Like we've had to fight for our freedom, we've had to fight for everything we have, and we had to do it together. So I think that also kind of adds a layer. Like I was you never did like the teenageers thing, Like there.
Speaker 1: Was never a time where you didn't think I was cool, Like I was the coolest person in like your world, you know what I mean? So do you think our relationship is closer. I mean I would think.
Speaker 2: I mean for me, for sure, I think our relationship is closer now than before.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think we always had Like growing up, I always hung out with my mom.
Speaker 1: I would play hooky, we go.
Speaker 3: Shopping together, like, So I don't I feel like it's just different because I'm an adult now versus being a child.
Speaker 1: So I don't think. I think we were always close. But I don't think there's been a huge significant change versus age. It's just age.
Speaker 3: Like when I was a child, the relationship look different versus now. But I don't think it had anything to do with us being in like a religious community.
Speaker 1: Versus as being It's true. I think it's mostly stay It's true, it's just you changed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well what do you guys think when you hear about my dating? Like, you know, everyone was like, well, everybody asks me all the time. Do your kids mind that you date younger men? How you kids react to your dating? So guys love either, I think, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I do?
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 3: Well, for me, it's like my mom had a twenty nine year old boyfriend and it was fun because like my boyfriend and we would all hang up and he was my age, he was he was my he was younger than me. So we had fun barbecues with all his friends. Was like always like a big party.
Speaker 1: At the house.
Speaker 3: Do I think my mom will end up with a twenty nine year old now we're I personally am pushing for my mom to date a guy in his forties. So if you guys know of any eligible men who already.
Speaker 2: But there's like no single men in their forties, they're single, maybe they're listening to this podcast divorced in their fifties, forties, everybody's married.
Speaker 3: No, we're gonna we're looking for an outlier, and I think that it will definitely, Like that's what I'm personally pushing the sex talk, like, I think it's beautiful that we're able to Sometimes I don't now when she's saying something, not in a negative I'm just like, I'm good, rare, What do you think?
Speaker 4: I think that one of the reasons I have such a like easy relationship when it comes to talking about sex. One of the reasons why like all my friends feel like they can confide in me about their sexual whatevers is because all nonchalant you always talked about sex. And I remember even and this is not even like Clariti, not Chloriti, like I remember even in our ulto orthodox community, you were always you, you know, despite the restrictions, and there was technically no rule that we couldn't talk about sex, and so you talked about with us. And I remember that when I was twelve years old. This is like a memory that sticks in my head, will always stick in my head, those twelve years old and I asked you, how do gay people have sex? And I looked at you. This is at the shop is table, you know, and you like the Shabbat table for people who don't know, like a ritual every week every weekend that Jews partaken the family dinner. And you sat together and you said, well, one way does this, another man does that. He said exactly what it was, and I was like, oh, that makes sense, you know, Like.
Speaker 3: My mom's role was like if you're old enough to ask, you're old enough to get an answer.
Speaker 2: So I remember, lie to your children. Don't lie. You don't want to answer to state, I'm not going to answer. But when you lie, Don'll never ask you again. Don't lie to your kids.
Speaker 3: So I remember having a lovely discussion with my like seven year old brother about what periods were because he had learned, like in a Hebrew study something about like woman being impure in the religious world. And we start having this full blown conversation. And I remember, like when I was like fifteen, being like, oh my god, we're talking about periods on the table in front of my dad. And my mom was like, no, he asked a question. You should never be embarrassed about your body. This is part of, you know, the human experience, and even though he's small, if he was able to ask, he should receive a real answer. And then yeah, we know we can ask her mom anything about.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: Have I ever embarrassed you guys? For sure?
Speaker 4: I mean no, I mean embarrasses, but like in a different way than most parents. I would say, like I remember, like Color War in school, Like parents would bring I don't know, like some food sometimes for like the kids, and you would come with like a hundred cupcakes of the color for my color War.
Speaker 1: Like two hundred.
Speaker 4: You would open up your chunk of your car to be like literally three hundred cupcakes of like the color for my color.
Speaker 1: War, and you'd be like, keep it out. To all the people you know, like like you know.
Speaker 4: You remember that, like and we would always win every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and so it was like it was like a weird sense of embarrassing was like yeah, that's my mom.
Speaker 4: But also you're welcome because we won Color War, so you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never anything like embarrassed. More just like maybe like cringe little certain details.
Speaker 4: Cringe. Yeah, cringe is a great way to describe it.
Speaker 1: Word. Sometimes it's like.
Speaker 4: I'm like, moment yeah, or it's like my friends open up to you with their like sex lives and all their things, and like sometimes it's like cringey. But also it's like they feel comfortable to share.
Speaker 2: That everyone someone to talk to, and most people are uncomfortable to speak to their parents because their parents aren't awkward with them. I think that sex should be spoken about like you speak about food or any other normal bodily function, and all this taboo around it creates so much trauma for so many people, and I don't want that from my daughters. I want my daughters to have very active, healthy, pleasant, pleasurable sexual lives.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm cringe cringe, but it works.
Speaker 3: I feel like filming the show together for I mean, I'm assuming it's always similar.
Speaker 1: Answer for all of us.
Speaker 3: But people always ask, like, what's it like like filming with your family? And I always say, like, I love it, Like I love that we have the opportunity to work together and it doesn't feel like work because like we're able to like just be ourselves.
Speaker 1: Because we like to hang out all the time.
Speaker 3: Anyways, Like the biggest thing for me when I moved to Miami was that I wasn't going to be as close to my family because I've always been like a ten minute walk for my mom's apartment and I would literally go there like every day for.
Speaker 1: Lunch, so I was always there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but I was like, Okay, this is what I'm gonna have to be I'm going to miss the most. So I think like having the opportunity to work with your family and film together and like show how we all get along has been so rewarding and beautiful.
Speaker 1: And once this is over, we're gonna probably and got Miami too, So it's all the biggest I need some sunshine in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, none of us are tattooed people, but if we were gonna get matching tattoos, what would our tattoos on Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: What would you do with a tattoo? As a Jewish mom? Guys, it's a very important question. What would I do? I would be like, wow, so beautiful, and you'd be like, I wouldn't say that. I would not you know, yeah, I'm trying anything, like if there's anything physically you did to your body.
Speaker 2: Like the one thing that I think would kind of freak me out is marrying. Every once and Mole says I'm shaving my hair, and I'm like, oh, don't do it. But that's because in my world hair, being able to wear hair out in the open is like my freedom flag. So like I imagine the favor. Yeah, it means to me, it means freedom having hair, you know. So, But like, okay, tattoo. Honestly, the only tattoo I could ever see getting, especially with what's going on in the outside world, is a star of David. I was going to get a tattoo would be like a heart with a big startup David in the middle.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 4: I think we would all do that.
Speaker 2: I think we're all pretty like if we would get tattoos, it would be about what we believe in, you know, women juice all women and and you know, no more hatred, no more racism.
Speaker 4: Mhmm, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Where do you think you love to shop the most now that you can wear whatever you want? Well, I like to design my own clothes. I like wearing my stuff best to be.
Speaker 3: But if we were all, if there is a store, because Miriam has, well, we all have kind of different style, but.
Speaker 1: More I like, I like to borrow things.
Speaker 3: I borrow all my mom's accessories and outerwear and basically whatever I can fit into tops, jackets. But Miriam has a different aesthetic than we do, so I feel youthetic.
Speaker 1: But I like it.
Speaker 2: Find like, now you have an aesthetic, like your clothes are finding it, but I experimenting. You're playing and your clothes because that, to me is what clothing is fashion. Why I love fashion so much. Is it the melding.
Speaker 1: Of the creativity of the person who designed the clothing with the individuality the person wearing it and how they wear it. And to me, it's an expression of who you are as a person.
Speaker 2: And I think Miriam is finding her way and finding her style and I think it's super cool. But yeah, but Schev and I wear I would wear anything she wears I would wear anything you wear.
Speaker 1: I can't think.
Speaker 3: So I have a funny story to share. I was just going on a date. Well I'm visiting LA and I'm like why not? And I put on the stress and my mom's like is that sexy enough for a first date? And I feel like most moms wouldn't be like you should show more cleavage, and are you really it looks a little covered?
Speaker 1: Was sob but I was like, so I did go on the date.
Speaker 3: And the guy when I was on the date, he was like, I really like I you know, I love what you're wearing. And he was like, did you know that it's like a tiny drop see through? And I was like, yes, that was aware. But I said this to my mom and she was like, if it's gonna be a dark restaurant, he won't be able to see him.
Speaker 1: She's like, see you. I was like, okay, that's true, but in the dark restaurant.
Speaker 3: And You'm sure it wasn't like see you through, see you, but it was like slightly shere where you can see my legs.
Speaker 1: It's like in certain lighting.
Speaker 3: And I told him like, well, my mom wanted me to dress more provocatively on this date and he was like.
Speaker 1: Who's your mom? He's like, I appreciate her looking out for me. It was funny, but but needless to say, I feel like if.
Speaker 3: We were to all go on a little shopping spree together, it would have to be like an apartment stores, so we could all find our specific things that we like.
Speaker 1: One story.
Speaker 2: I don't think we can all agree on. We all wear very different brands too, Yeah, which is right?
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 2: What's one piece of advice you would give to other mothers and daughters to strengthen their bond?
Speaker 1: Ooh, I like that where you want to start?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can start, Okay, So for this, I think taking accepting people for who they are as they are in the moment, and wanting to find a way to meet common grounds with the relationship with the other person. I think like that's really how we strengthen our bonds, is that we always try to see each other where we're at and work to strengthen and like build from there. So that's one thing finding commonality too, Like finding things to do together. I think something that in our family we're always doing things together, you know, like me and Slim will work out together.
Speaker 1: We do business together, I.
Speaker 4: Mean chaba like top of the phone a lot, and do other works business together too, And so it's like we're always.
Speaker 1: Having multiple reasons to talk, you know.
Speaker 4: So it's not just like how are you, but also like what's the update on this thing? And it's like, you know, like i'll see you at this time.
Speaker 1: We always we have.
Speaker 4: Our Saturday brunches that we like to keep to when we're all in the same city and like, you know, so it's like having multiple reasons to be together. I think really helps strengthen a bond.
Speaker 1: Two there's a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: From my perspective, it's unconditional love. The minute you put conditions on loving someone. To me, it's over. Because for mothers and daughters to truly truly have this relationship that cannot be broken, every person needs to know that no matter what you do, your mother's still going to love you, your.
Speaker 2: Sister is still going to love you. We are family no matter what, through thick and thin, and it has no conditions.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I grew up where love was very conditional. You dress this way, you act this way. Your love you don't behave you're not And that is what I tried to change. When I was a mom, my kids always knew they could come to me with anything. I would never judge them, and no matter what, no matter what, they are the people I love most in life.
Speaker 3: For all, eternetic, I love you too, I remember now, but I was specific all this is specifically for the daughters that I think as you get older, you realize that your mom is a person as well. And I think that once I understood that that like your you know, your mom has her own aspirations, her own dreams, her own things that she wants or questions or changes.
Speaker 1: And understanding that your parents are people.
Speaker 3: Like you know, like they're doing their own thing, learning, growing just like you are. And to take away that like form of you're like, oh like you understanding that your parents are people, I think is like one of the most things that like brought us closer as I became an adult, because I was like, oh, wait, you're because it's always like you see your teacher at a grocery store and you're like, why is my teacher here? Like she belongs in school, and you would then if you like apply that kind of like your mom is a human and she's going to her own things and has her own dreams and being able to support that as a kid. I think you don't necessarily understand until you're an adult. I think once you do that, you have like even more respect for your parents and understanding about your relationship because you're aware of that. And I think that like more daughters need to internalize that their mothers are people and we shortened part like everyone.
Speaker 1: Else exactly, so you need to.
Speaker 3: I think sometimes people put their parents on a pedestal and then that makes them not relatable anymore. But when you realize, like, oh, we're all going to things, we can talk about it, then it helps strengthen your relationship.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much for joining. Please join omnation dot com. It's a h M nation dot com on a website, and it's a dot nation AHM dot nation on Instagram. Sign up help us change the trajectory on social media where it is now cool and popular to Het Jube, Let's make.
Speaker 1: Anti Semitism crea pro semitism. Let's make anti sentenitism with the other past. Join omnation, stand with us, and let's make them all the better place. Thank you, guys, time