Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 2: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins See DKG dot co slash bball for eligibility and depositive restrictions terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Been hungry for some college football, Well we finally get a taste this weekend. Don't miss any of the action. Jump in at Draft Kings Sportsbook. This is going to be Draft Kings biggest college football season today. Enjoyed the ride now all the way through the expanded playoffs, plus all nebies getting into college football spirit. Here's something special new Draft King customers can bet five bucks to get two hundred instantly in bonus bet. Score big with Draft Kings all college football season a long download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now and use Cold Shannon. That's Cold Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and bonus bet when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings.
Speaker 4: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite. Number eighty five, The Route Runner Extraordinary, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Hono Reed, the legendary at the Pro Bowl of the All pro samo Juko the Oregon State to Cincinnati Liberty City's own. He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button. And guys, do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. And remember every subscriber matters, and we thank you for supporting us thus far. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We have it back in stock. If we don't have it in a state or city near you, you can order it online and get a ship right to your door. So please go out. Thank you for your support with the Shape by Laportier. Please go follow my media company on all platforms. That's Shape Shaped Media and my clothing company eighty four. That's eighty four spailed out. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. Everything off, now Ocho, let's get right into it. USC Yeah, goes on well neutral site. Game opened up College weekend. USC beats LSU. This might be Lincoln's Raleigh's biggest win. There was a lot you know, he's under the gun Ojoe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was, he was, especially after last year.
Speaker 1: He was Lincoln Riley has has a big win for USC. It comes into opener, his third open as the Trojans head coach. The game is on the neutral field, but maybe these Trojans are better suited. I like the new edition of Danton Lynn. He's the son of my former teammate Anthony Lynn, who's the head coach of the Chargers at one point in time. He's with the forty nine ers last year, and if I'm not mistaken, he might be the OC for the Commander. So that's his sunning. They just an outstanding job of winning this ball game. Kill the quarterback. Both quarterbacks played well. Miller Moss came in. We saw when Caleb Williams sat at the Bowl game Ojoe. He came in set an sc record through six touchdown with made Bowl MVP. Same thing with nus Meyer. Because both guys had to wait their turn. Both guys get transferred to. Caleb Williams transferred in, Jalen Daniels transferred in. They win Heisman Trophy, so each guy waited their turn. We saw or shadow what Miller Moss was probably capable of doing in the UH in the Bowl last year where he daw six touchdowns and he won the Bowl MVP. But what did you like about what you saw, Ojoe? You saw UFC had some terrible losses last year, but they get off on the great uh on the good foot this year.
Speaker 5: Well, Listen, before the season started, I think both both coaches were under the gun. I think both coaches under the gun for the third time in Week one of the season. Brian Kelly had started on one to start the season. Obviously, last year defense was an issue with Lincoln Riley in USC. Then there were questions coming into this previous season the quarterbacks. Two Heisman quarterbacks are gone, Jane Daniels is gone, Kayler Williams is going.
Speaker 4: How quarterback gonna step up?
Speaker 5: Obviously we saw Miller Moss last year in the Bowl game step up Whenkaya Williams decided not to play. So you kind of got a small sample size of what to expect and you saw it tonight. On the other side of the ball. Garrett Nusemeyer played really well. He played really well. Both defenses played really well. We saw different USC defense as opposed to what we saw last year.
Speaker 4: Very promising. I think maybe also playing.
Speaker 5: Neutral site made it a look, made it kind of even Keel for both teams where one crowd wasn't able to dominate the game and affect the game when either team was on offense.
Speaker 4: I think LSU they looked good.
Speaker 5: What I would have liked them to see them do is the way they started the game out, getting Kyro and Lacy the ball like he was him.
Speaker 4: I mean he kind of disappeared the rest of the game. Did he disappeared the rest of the game.
Speaker 5: You started the game on fire, going straight down the field, moving him around. I mean there were a couple couple of penalties where there was there was some motion, some motion difficulties. You know, two people movement at the same time. But if he's your best player, you get him the ball, you feature him. Yeah, but listen either way, it was a good game I really enjoyed from both teams.
Speaker 4: Both teams have two very, very good quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: I saw at the end of the game, Garrett Nusemeyer, you know, hanging his head, looked like he wanted to cry. There there's really nothing to cry about, son, nothing to cry about you. You played one hell of a goddamn game.
Speaker 1: They need to do a better job of pushing the ball down the field. But that was a heck of a play. I forget his name, number ten. He had two one handed catchers, that second one really.
Speaker 4: Huge and the one in the middle of the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then they got him, got it with a targeting But that was all on the corner because the first of all, you playing cover two, you gotta funk. First of all, you funnel the wide receiver end if you look. If I'm not mistaken, oyo, yeah, I don't think they have an off set back. So now they're immediate threat. So now I'm gonna funnel the wire receiver in, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Ride it back.
Speaker 1: I'm riding the way out, yes, because i gotta help my safety because if I let him pre release, they're gonna do exactly what they did. He didn't put his hands on him, and they hit him with a whole shot. Na, You're safety is in a mine, and he targets it. So now you're getting half the distance to the goal on top of a twenty yard completion. If he had done what he was supposed to do, fundle him in side sink back because there's no media threat to the flat. Now that's a much much more difficult throw to complete.
Speaker 3: But give Mila Mas's credit. Give the receiver credit.
Speaker 1: That is the hell of her throw and catch because you know, as a wide receiver, Oh Joe, you know that safety coming.
Speaker 4: Are he coming off that hash? Now you coming off that hash? And he come up with bad intention.
Speaker 1: Mila Moss knows, Oh Joe, I gotta get this ball up and I gotta get it down. Yes, sir, or that's a medicine ball. In other words, the guy gonna come out there, he gonna open the back door to the amy lesson, put your ass in it. So that's the medicine that you go, the medicine that you're gonna be received. That's the medicine you're gonna get. But that's a lesson. I'm sure you know a lot of times. It's not like they haven't rehearsed that, O Joe. They know in a situation like that. Okay, guys, we're playing cover two. Bundle the guy in. There's no immediate threat, there's no offset back. You can see because I wanted to get that ball up and down in the heart. But uh, that was a great throw. That was a great catch, great concentration. Give the guy credit. But sc played well and this is why I think Kyen Hudson is his name. That's what we wanted to see from SC because we look, they scored forty and fifty points, but they give it up forty five and fifty five point.
Speaker 4: Defense was the issue. Defense was the issue, and they played very very good defense night one game.
Speaker 1: Let's see, they're in the big They're in the Big ten now, ojo, so it's gonna be now. And you know Ohio State, you know Michigan. You know they can run. They can run, Michigan can run the ball. You know they're gonna try to run the ball.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Ohio State has those athletes. They're gonna spread you out, They're gonna throw it. They got an outstanding wide receiver. When is Ohio State not had an outstanding wide receiver or wide receiverers for that matter. But it's gonna be interesting. But I did like what I saw from SC. They did a great job. Meller mos seems to be the real deal playing against an SEC. We know what then CEC represents. But give to see credit. There's a lot of pressure on Lincoln Riley. He has to get it done.
Speaker 5: He has to get with the pressure being on Lincoln Riley what they showed the night is a great measuring stick for where they want to go.
Speaker 4: This is what you can build off of. You can bid off of this.
Speaker 5: You can compete against any goddamn body if he had that kind of offensive production and that type of defensive production that you had tonight.
Speaker 4: I don't care who you line up across from. Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, if you.
Speaker 5: Play like you played tonight, you're gonna be all right, unless you're playing Georgia.
Speaker 1: The thing was, oh Joe, look, they gave up four hundred and twenty one total yards, but they didn't give up any really big plays.
Speaker 4: That was the thing.
Speaker 1: That's my They made us my check down low you know, high percentage throws, but they weren't big throws, right and so long, Hey, I believe if I don't give you the big play and you have to nickel andm dive your way down the field, I believe you'll make before you get the ball in the end zone.
Speaker 4: So that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Most defenses like, Hey, as long as we don't give up the chunk plays. If God chances, if they want to go fifteen plays, you're not gonna consistently go fifteen seventeen plays and get the ball in the end zone. You're gonna make a mistake. We're gonna get our hands up, we're gonna pull one out. Something's gonna go wrong. And so that's what the defense is to pride them tell themselves, Look, guys, as long as we don't give up the big plays, we're gonna be just frying. Make them go the long way, make them go twelve, fifteen, seventeen plays.
Speaker 3: It's the one two plays. It's the Tyreek plays that killed you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every time.
Speaker 3: So s C does it.
Speaker 1: They win twenty seven twenty over LSU, twenty three SC number twenty number twenty three LSU, LSU losing Like you mentioned O Joe Brian Kelly, the first games of the season, been tough on it.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, listen, three years in a row he started season off oh one.
Speaker 4: He's not getting off on the good foot. Now.
Speaker 1: Well, look now you got Oklahoma in that division. Now you got tastes in that division. You still got Alabama to deal with, You got Georgia, you got old miss Lane Kipin, you got Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Now it ain't ain't no off week.
Speaker 5: Ain't no ain't no off weeks.
Speaker 1: Now you've main't Hey, hey, give us old Vanderbilt. You know we can always got a homecoming game. We got right right, they're gonna be. They gonna be your doctors and your lawyers in your account. They ain't gonna be a whole lot of them. Ain't gonna be playing on Sunday. So let's geting it for homecoming. When we played back to Bill, Mom, you got to come down here. We got homecoming the first week of September. Yeah, because you're putting them on the schedule. Because you got to put a team on the schedule. Joe, you know you can be. You got all that love not coming back. Man, you don't want to catch no air, little no Hank.
Speaker 4: You can't embarrass yourself. You can't embarrass yourself. Yeah, but uh again.
Speaker 1: Sc wins twenty seven twenty over LSU Arizona, Arizona wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Who you catch Raw.
Speaker 1: McMillan, McMillan, I think terroa Ora Ted Terroy. That sounds about right, tartar Roa. McMillan kicked off his highly anticipated junior season with a reconsenting night. The preseason All America and projected first round pick set a new cool record three hundred and four receiving yards, four touchdowns on ten catches in the wildcast excuse me, sixty one thirty nine victory over in New Mexico. The sixty five, two hundred and ten pound wide receiver delivered the first three hundred yard performance by college receiver since Jackson Smith and Jigba three forty seven in the Rose Bowl against Utah. Only five other FBS receivers have ever topped three hundred yards over the past decade.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's the mythical number for a wide receiver. It used to be two hundred, oh joe, not two hundred eight. You gotta get three, you gotta get three.
Speaker 4: B Yeah, it ain't nothing. Listen.
Speaker 5: I think Flipper Anderson in the NFL still holds the record nine yards in the game, you know, with three thirty nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you said, Ecclesian receiver obviously.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you know, to me, I'd like to put an asterisk by it.
Speaker 4: It's a it's an amazing feat.
Speaker 5: It's an amazing feat to do, but I would like to see it done against elite competition. The better common petition you get, where you get where I'm going with this.
Speaker 1: Well, once you call him, he hit four old seven. What's the due from La Tech? He hit he went to Pittsburgh Troy. Yeah, he hit four O seven. Would that against any competition? Yeah? Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: But I like it though.
Speaker 5: Especially what it does is when you put up numbers like that, right, and it raises eyebrows. It raises eyebrows, scouts, It raises eyebrows to the NFL, the NFL scouts, the GM, the owners. Well he doing this. But then I sometime to look at the competition you're playing against.
Speaker 4: It's like I will.
Speaker 5: Live against so and so so after a performance like this, now the pressure is on you to continue to be consistent and not put up three hundred yard game from this point on, he said about going first round, squeezing into the top ten pick. Yeah, being consistent and getting game after game after game, putting up unbelievable numbers, and your stock this Riders. I think it's Riders. So young boy, young bull from Arizona, he got the opportunity to do something special. It is to continue being consistent from this point on, putting up huge games, not game, not months of games like this, but regardless to the competition, you go out there, hand of your goddamn business.
Speaker 4: What the thing was, Ojoe?
Speaker 1: He was already on the radar because he's a preseason All American six five, two hundred and ten pounds. If I'm not mistaken, Ojo, I think it was Troy Edwards, and I think he did that number on the brask I think he had four hundred and seven yards receiving. He ended up going, he ended up getting into the first round. I think the Steelers selected him just four hundred and five yards. He had four hundred and five receiving yards, Ojo.
Speaker 4: But here was this.
Speaker 1: Ninety eight because he went in the first ride in ninety nine, the Steelers selected If I'm not mistaken, the Steelers selected.
Speaker 3: Him over Javon Curse.
Speaker 1: WHOA Can you imagine Javon Curson that three point defense with the Steelers.
Speaker 5: Boy, hey, you know he would fit perfect too if you think about it as opposed to going as opposed to going to Tennessee.
Speaker 4: He would have fit perfect right in that right right in that guy damn defense.
Speaker 3: Before he got hurt.
Speaker 1: People don't realize how good freak was man man before he hurt.
Speaker 4: That I ain't cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, we go down, you go down to a Delafi Coliseum, and then we talking.
Speaker 4: About all freak out. Oh Joe, that big wash he started doing it, right, yo, Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, that long ass that long ass wing speaking man.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Hey, I saw I saw first hand. Yeah, man.
Speaker 1: But uh and I think Megatron had three twenty nine against the Cowboys one year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that been a couple of three hundred yards.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Smith hit usself for two ninety six in two thousand, he had like.
Speaker 3: Three touchdown.
Speaker 4: Hey that with Dwayne Stark. That I think that with these Starks and no.
Speaker 5: Mccount hey, Mirk Brunell and Jimmy were a beausy y'all.
Speaker 1: Okay, he told everybody, he told everybody that day. Oh yeah he did. Yeah, I remember that game. Uh all right, oh Joe. Coach Prime has faced increased media scrutiny lately, but Nick Saban had his back Yesterday. While on College Game Day looked at the best HBCU games from Week one, Saban chose the highlight the time what time had done for HBCUs. Well, the HBC to you, to me is a conference that gets overlooked a little bit. I think they played some really good football and there's a lot of big games. No one realized the impact Dion had on the SWAT. They got huge TV contract, which is not enabled them to upgrade their facilities their programs as well provide better opportunities for their players to develop people as students and have better careers as football players.
Speaker 4: What you think, O Joe, I mean, it is a dope thing. It's a great thing. I think.
Speaker 5: I don't think people. I think people do understand, especially those that are part of the part of the culture, part of the HBCU culture, alumni, former players obviously, people like us understand the effect that Dion had being at Jackson State and some of the things that they.
Speaker 4: Will be able to they were able to reap as far as from a benefit concern, and I think they are overlooked. I think they are overlooked.
Speaker 5: But it's one of the one thing that I always say, and I've always said it, and I tell a lot of players that it really doesn't matter when you go to school, if you make if you make enough noise, if you really him, if you really him, or really who you're supposed to be, or really who you think you are. It doesn't matter where you go. It's what you do once you get there, they will find you.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: They will find you. If you put it on film, they're going to find you. If you're really that good, then you should stand out on film. When you stand out on film, it's easy to find you. But if you blending like everybody else and you just a number, and that's that's the difference.
Speaker 1: Now you think it's something that you're not, you're gonna have to stand out for the simple fact scouts are not coming scouting these schools like they go Michigan, Alabama, Georgia. So for the song, So you're gonna have to stand out. And so when you're at that, you're gonna have to be a shark and a pond or or or well, as we say, Mobe Dick. You need to be Moby Dick and you need to be playing amongst menosh. And so when you do that, now all of a sudden, you had no tension. You had no choice but to see j Rice, You had no choice but to see Walter Payton. You had no choice but to see Steve McNair or Shannon Yard or Michael Straighthead.
Speaker 3: We left you no choice.
Speaker 4: With no choice. Yeah, but to.
Speaker 1: Come back and say, with hold on I got to see what's causing all this ructors. I learned about these guys, but I need to see it for myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I tell people all the time, like you guys and those names you just name, it's not about where they were playing. It's about what they were doing where they were at once that film was rolled, and once you turn that film on is eleven it's eleven players on the field.
Speaker 4: It's easy. It's easy to.
Speaker 5: Catch the eye of a scout. It's easy to catch the eye of a GM if you're really who you think you are on that field. It's just the product is gonna sell itself. You ain't got to do nothing else. I always hear a dude talk about, man, I want to go to um Man. I want to go to Florida State. Man, I want to go to Florida. I want to go to Alabama. But if you can't get it done at the little school you at, if you're not shining at the little school you at, what you're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Once you get to the big, the big stage, It's gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, it's gonna be tough. You remember, Shaquille Leonard went to South Carolina State. They had that game they played Clemson National telehiveh game. He has twenty three tackles. Yeah, hold on home, twenty three tackles.
Speaker 4: Who is this?
Speaker 3: He playing Clemson South Carolina State?
Speaker 4: He all over the Who was this? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Listen them small, listen to them small schools. This is if anybody that might be in the chat watching when the small schools? When you when when when the big p w I schools? You know how they do the schedule you they have you know they have a spec you small. Example, if you go to family right now and you know y'all got the Miami Hurricanes coming up with all the hike, with all the hoopla, then being Florida, you ass want to be on the motherfucker radar. Come come got there draft time, show out, show out against the Hurricanes this upcoming week, stand out on film and watch what happened now watch the childhood dream.
Speaker 4: Watch the childhood dream come.
Speaker 5: True before you know it, man, that's what opportunity on scene playing Miami.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on now, come to the party.
Speaker 1: You look at I looked at the schedule my senior year and I look, okay, we got elon the year before I think they won the n i A championship. Okay, we got Georgia Southern. Those are two games, Okay, just something good. They were good back then too. They had won the Division one Double A championship like three four times.
Speaker 3: God yeah, they were still.
Speaker 1: Doing that same They were like, they were like they were the equivalent of what North Dakota State is. They were like the North Dakota State. Okay, okay, okay, that's what they were. So I was like, okay, these are two games. We go to Elon they in Berlin to North Carolina sim for two twenty one two touches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me get that. Go to Georgia southernet in a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Now the bowl game each West Shrine games. Lee, we loved you to play in the bowl game. They invited you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had no choice.
Speaker 3: They got you.
Speaker 1: Ain't got no choice. You got to come see me. All I needed to know. Oh he the bath my sophomore year we played Central Florida. Yes, uh, and they got a wide receiver everybody talking about. If I'm not mistaken, he ended up getting drafted in the third round. And I remember coach Davis, like Coach Davids like, hey, they got a good receiver down there.
Speaker 3: There gonna be some scouts down there.
Speaker 1: Yes, hir okay, like NFL. Like NFL because we didn't really have a whole lot of scouts. We didn't have a whole lot of people that as I got, you know, people that were they were looking at I'm like, okay, I'm a sophomore.
Speaker 3: I'm a true sophomore. All I know. When talking about him after the game, they was talking about that number two A.
Speaker 4: Bill who is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, they come to see him, No they're not.
Speaker 4: It can happen.
Speaker 1: That's it, and that's how you have to approach it, don't you. I never thought I never looked at myself as inferior. I don't give it that way. You went to school, The ain't got nothing to do with me. You might have got better coaching. They're more coaches because you know, you got a safety coach, you got a corner coach, you got an outside livebacker, inside livebacker, dn coach, you got all those coaches. Running back. Hell, we had one coach. He coach and everything he offers the coordinator running back coach. But why receiver coach? He all that? But guess what when I get them held and the shoulder pass. Oh yeah, Okay, we're gonna see now, We're gonna see.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 5: This them games, them games that are so important. And I know, I just I hate hearing the young I hate to hearing the young bulls say, you know, I want to go to the big schools and all that. Sometimes you know you're not afforded the same opportunities as everybody else. Again, I will say it to you, man, it's not when you go, it's what you do once you get there.
Speaker 4: They will find you.
Speaker 5: If you played under underneath the motherfucker rock, I'm telling you the gym and scouts will find you if you put it on film, They're gonna find you. When you're play against the big schools, show out, you got you, show out.
Speaker 4: It's the only example like I think of right now because I know the schedule by hard fam.
Speaker 5: You boy, if you're rattler in this chat, I'm telling you, when you play against the Hurricanes after what they just did the goddamn Florida last week, and you want to be on the radar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come April, y'all might beat us, y'all might beat us, but I'm gonna beat y'all.
Speaker 4: Telly, y'all might beat up up. Hey, guess what, O Joe.
Speaker 1: Once I got and started lining up, I kept a lot of PWI tied ends on the bench.
Speaker 3: Couldn't one of them come beat me out for that job?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Damn, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't getting this up.
Speaker 4: This is not for you, Oh yoe.
Speaker 1: Miami Flash smash Florida forty one seventeen the swamp with yesterday. The Hurricane players let the Gator recruits here about to walk off the field. The video called the Miami players shot it. You better come to Miami. We run this day and don't go here. Come to the YouTube Florida decorated business link. Florida's four highest created commits were in attendance, along with the top rated un committee targets.
Speaker 3: Miami had the.
Speaker 1: Sixth ranked recruiting class last year, while Florida had the seventh ranked recruiting class. Billy Napiers said he was surprised by the bludgeting Miami DoDoU to his his post game press conference. The twenty four point defeat was fort Florida's fourth largest margin of defeat in the fifty seven game history of the rivalry. Started back in twenty in two thousand and two. Oh, Joe Duty, you run the state.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, they absolutely, they absolutely do.
Speaker 5: Especially right now. Week one they showed out, They showed up and showed out. What can Florida say, Georgia Tech, what did they do to Florida State? So, actually, right now, who runs the state. And now I'm not saying they're the hurricanes of the two thousands, you know, with the Ed Reds and the Sean Taylor's and the Willis mcgahees and the Frank Gores and Santana Moss. They not that, But they flipping the page in the right direction. I'm gonna just say that they flipping the page in the right direction. It's giving people from Miami, from Dade, from Broward.
Speaker 4: It's giving us hope. It's giving us hope.
Speaker 5: It's giving us a reason to be happy about our hurricanes once again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's giving it. It gives us a reason to talk shit once again.
Speaker 3: Well, they gonna do that regard you go to the U. You got to do that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you have to. You have to come with the territory. If you don't know how to do it, you're gonna learn. Why you're there.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that thing got kicked off back in the eighties with high smell, Melvin Brandt.
Speaker 3: You know, they had Jay Buggy Stubbs, you know, Mike.
Speaker 1: Coach Mellnberger, that's what he that's what he brought those hell you know, brought those hell raisers in there. Yeah, and all of a sudden, those guys weren't leaving the state. They stayed at the youth.
Speaker 4: Everybody stayed home.
Speaker 1: Because Mellenberger went down to Liberty City, he went to Carroll, he went to all those and got those guys where everybody was afraid.
Speaker 4: You like, I'm going down there. I know what's down there. I want to Pete Win.
Speaker 3: You know where to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you start going down there the Bell Glade, going down the glade Central say hey, come on son, you ain't got you ain't got leaders.
Speaker 4: They come on down here. They right there.
Speaker 1: When they kicked that thing off, when they beat Nebraska and what in the National Championship game. They ain't look back. They ain't look back, you know they had that run. Uh, and then the nineties kind of you know, little Lean and then who they came back in two thousands, thousands.
Speaker 4: Boy nasty nasty.
Speaker 3: They should have kept Larry Coker. Larry, Oh your great news.
Speaker 1: The forty nine Ers announced rookie wide receiver Ricky Parasol was released from the hospital today.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We also got an updated from his mom, Aaron, who said the bullet entered his chest and exited out his back without hitting any vital organs.
Speaker 3: She added that he's extremely lucky.
Speaker 1: The San Francisco Police confirmed that pearce All was shot through the chest in a robbery attempt over a row leg. He was headed to signing an event excuse me and Gary Mark, Gary and Market. There was a struggle for the gun. Both Ricky and the suspect were shot.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, damn. That's scary, man, man.
Speaker 3: Do you think you know?
Speaker 5: And I was, I was reading some of the comments too, you know some people you know, Yeah, Like, I don't listen, I'm reading some of the comments. I'm I'm thinking I would like to know where y'all are from, what environment you grew up in. They have a better understanding of how fickle life is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you that environment?
Speaker 4: You you think it's a cartoon. We think it's a video game.
Speaker 5: I'm just I have a different type of understanding based on the surroundings and the circumstances I come from. So I understand people that move like that. I already know what their intendents are because a liar will steal.
Speaker 4: Someone that steal. Yeah, ain't no doovers on, Yeah, ain't no due. Oh, let me take my glasses off.
Speaker 5: There are no doovers. This ain't no video game. This ain't called of duty. You don't get a second chance of this shit if you if you die, young boy, Ricky is lucky, broh, extremely lucky. And I see some people, Oh if I had my stuff on, who, I ain't finna get my stuff up to nobody what.
Speaker 1: I ain't putting myself in that situation. You know, Oh Joe, you got to move a certain way. I'm from Atlanta, but I ain't going downtown.
Speaker 4: I stop. Why am I gonna invite that? And I get it.
Speaker 1: It's my stuff and I should be able to wear what I want to wear, how I want to wear it. But nah, it ain't like that because you got those guys out there. Hey, look here, man, that dude's seventeen. He really throw he will He was willing to get seventeen to throw it all the way all the way he had nothing to lose.
Speaker 5: People that are willing to rob and still have nothing to lose. Somebody that has nothing to lose will do away with your life.
Speaker 4: No, and not think twice about it.
Speaker 1: No, And you that young, and you carrying that fire that stick on you now, you don't care not about no life.
Speaker 4: You already think your life fed up. That's why you're doing it. You ain't think.
Speaker 1: You don't think that you got anything ahead of you to live for. You don't careenough about Mama. You don't care notough about Grandma. You don't care nothing about nothing at all. So when you dealing with somebody that, the worst thing you can do is to have a person who don't believe they have hope, because if you don't believe he has hope, what does he have to lose? You See, if a person and I said this before, Ojo, if a person is living in hell, he don't care about going back. So you dealing with somebody that got no hope. I got no way out, right, If I ain't got no way out, I don't give a damn boy taking you.
Speaker 5: Out, Yeah at all. I just did, and I'm gonna deal with the consequences. I'm gonna deal with the consequences.
Speaker 1: It's sad that people feel that they don't have a way out.
Speaker 4: I don't believe.
Speaker 1: You know, you're never too old to be in a situation where that's your moment and things change around completely. I mean, you look at some of the guys that became billionaires and how old they were. They were in their thirties, they were in their forties. Somehow we feel that if you ain't successful, if you ain't making one hundred and seventy five two hundred thousand dollars by the age of twenty two, you a fan of your life.
Speaker 3: Man, y'all need to stop this, y'all have said.
Speaker 1: Somehow society has such set such unrealistic expectations.
Speaker 3: Oh what is success or successful?
Speaker 4: And people about it? Man? My life?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: What man? What am I doing wrong?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: How are you twenty seven? Man? Man, I'm trying. I'm trying to hear a lick like you Ron in twenty seven?
Speaker 3: Lick, Bro, you you.
Speaker 1: Probably just got out of schoo You've probably been out in school three years, so you expect to step right in and start making millions.
Speaker 3: They're situation like that, But those are nominallies, guys.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing is social media. It enhances everything, It magnifies everything. Yeahs the soalse sense of reality that life is really like that.
Speaker 4: That ain't real life.
Speaker 3: No, it ain't that.
Speaker 5: There's one percent that's really living like that bullshit you see on instagrams. Yes, one percent, and those that ain't living it, that's pretending to do it and doing it in the fast way. It's temporary. It don't last long. They coming every play ain't gonna always hit.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. You gonna take some else.
Speaker 5: Slow motion slow motion better than no motion at all. Yeah, you ain't got to be stunting all the time. As long as you continuously moving forward. It might be slow, but long as you ain't stagnant, you're good. Keep stacking them, keep stacking them, even if they might be small.
Speaker 4: When it's small, small, still stack.
Speaker 5: Up just like big. Yeah, you ain't got to be out there. I mean, sometimes you got to get it how you live. Sometimes you got to eat. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I understand that, Like I come from that. I ain't do that, but I come from that, so I understand, right, But come on, come on, man, I just I didn't like some of the comments that people trying to be all tough. Oh man, I'm gonna web my shit. Somebody try to come rob me and I do this, I do that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: Stop man, man, the boys will knock your head off your shoulder.
Speaker 4: Stop playing man talking about about what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Oh but look here man them Joey hit you had you doing the Macarene out there in the street all over Ojo. I ain't know nobody, you know what. I've always said this. I could imagine my grandmother, my mom, my sister, my brother, my kids now receiving the news that I'm not coming home. I damn sure don't want to be the reason why somebody else have to deliver that news to love ones people on under the man, I'm like, bro, come on, man, I know man, I know my my my, my kids know.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Oh it some what.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I try not to put myself in situations. I don't go everywhere because everything ain't for Shannon to be. Everybody ain't happy for Shannon. But I do give what I'm When I'm out and I'm not in an environment that I'm familiar with, I show everybody level of respect, because if you don't, they'll come get you. Yeah, because the number one thing in the streets is respect. And ain't that's the number one currency. You think it's money, No, it's respect. They'll chop your head off you disrespect and don't think nothing about it at all, because I say, hey, i've seen them. Hey they come in the barbershop or whatever. Hey, bro, let me holler at you. Yeah, get I fit the work shop up with me.
Speaker 3: Get your ass out of there.
Speaker 5: Broad daylight, now, yeah, broad daylight. I've seen too many examples over the years, too many examples.
Speaker 3: Man, look at you at the Pashaw. I wish you wash.
Speaker 1: Pashaw passed away. He has to have a car and wash. On thirty seventh and thirty seventh, bull uh, dude, slim, A little young kid came up there.
Speaker 3: They got the tussle. Mm hmm. He beat He beat the little boy up about probably about twelve thirteen.
Speaker 4: Oh. He came back.
Speaker 1: He came right back with his mom. He said, Mom, Dad, go, Mom handed him that tool.
Speaker 4: What what came the little boy? You see how I got a bout of that Joe?
Speaker 1: You see what I did, yes, sir, Yeah, And he everybody don't have the guidance that you and I had. I had a friend grandmother. My grandmother guided us, try to teach us right from wrong. Never a it was always a son. It's you know, hey, be respectful, yes sir, No, sir, it's okay, you're wrong, you're wrong, accept accountability.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: But everybody didn't like that because you got some parents out there, got some some some dads, and some they telling the kid, hey, you got man.
Speaker 4: Stop. It ain't like it was when I was growing up.
Speaker 3: Oh we thought we knuckle up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we fought. Hey, you a pe, I'll see you. Oh in between fourth and fifth period. I get mine.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get my lick back right. It ain't like that no more.
Speaker 5: O Yo, Hey, I tell you back then, back then. Obviously, during during your time and during my time. It kind of it coincides a little bit. When it comes to the other side of the street. Outside of the game of football, there was still structuring and disciplined. Yes, for sure, there was still there was still a structured discipline, even on that side of the ball. Obviously, even though we didn't we didn't play that side, but still there was a reason behind something happening. There was a reason behind it. You ain't just doing it all.
Speaker 4: Willy Nilly has to say, Oh, you know what, I'm hungry. I ain't got no money. I'm gonna go take this nigga shit.
Speaker 1: Yeh oh, Joe. No, when we were growing up, you wouldn't never talk back. You didn't talk back to someone's mom or grandma.
Speaker 3: You was never disrespectful, Absolutely not. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't even imagine talking disrespectful to someone, even if they just five ten years older than me. Let alone, somebody, somebody my ganda age, somebody my mom's age. I would man granted, would have granted Mayor and Barney Porter to beat the brakes off of us. Day didn't play them. People didn't play that. But you were respectful. There was a level of respect. You could go to people's houses and get a meal. My grandma didn't play that either. You ain't going nobody. Hey, my grandmother didn't play that.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: You want some son, no, ma'am. We just ate hunger in the mud.
Speaker 1: I ain't lied at me and my brother be hal read of the bub You bet I stay here, man o, Joe, I ain't gonna oh Joe, I'd be so hungry every time I swallow my stomach say thank.
Speaker 4: You, but hey, but you ain't.
Speaker 1: You ain't going to people house to eat, right, get way till you get back home.
Speaker 3: Hey, you get some bread?
Speaker 1: Hey you maybe have man ain't saying with you a ketchup saying with something like that you had no meal and you you you.
Speaker 5: Did syrup sandwiches before you want to be bread up syruf sandwiches.
Speaker 4: You folded up and different in the syrup.
Speaker 1: We had ketch up saying which this man the ain't saying which just syrup sandwiches?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, okay, make a should be on the same page. Okay.
Speaker 1: But but there was a level of respect, yes sir, that kids had for adults.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: And I think the generation you started having, parents started getting younger and younger, and the kids were they were so close in age, and kids started getting more and more disrespectful. Yeah, and parents didn't correct them.
Speaker 4: Right, It's different. It's different your generation.
Speaker 5: My generation was the definition of it takes a village, and that village did exactly what they were supposed to do.
Speaker 4: Now, now, aren't the generation we're in now.
Speaker 1: You can't correct. You can't correct nobody's kid. It's always somebody else's faults. If your kid, I mess your question, O Joe. If your kid disrespectful at home and you the parent or you the grandparents, what the hell you think gonna.
Speaker 3: Happen when he and she is not around you?
Speaker 1: And if they disrespectful you, you think they're gonna go to them people.
Speaker 4: School and be respectful.
Speaker 3: Do you think they're gonna be respectful on somebody's job?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: But they got a place for you. I gotta see, they got a place. They'll make you, they'll make you go go. It comes just like they want you to.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: What I can't understand. You won't work at McDonald's.
Speaker 1: But you get out there in the field on them farms when they let your ass out of it at seven thirty in the morning, and then will you ass from some up to sundown.
Speaker 3: Now, you'll do that for a dollar fifty two dollars a day. You got your.
Speaker 1: Jeans, making wallets, making license plates. You'll do that with no freedom, But give you free less. Somebody mention, hey man, go get this fast food job, or go work at this car man, man, I wish I might work for ten dollars an hour, but you'll work for two dollars hour behind bars.
Speaker 4: Make it make sense, socho.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, hey, sometimes you'll take your you'll take the chance. You'll you'll take the chance living a fast life and see what could do, see what you could do, and see what you get you can get away with.
Speaker 4: There wting the Dona's way.
Speaker 1: Ain't a whole ain't a whole. Lot of people say, yeah, man wrote a book, how I retired a criminal? Normally they write the book after they get out of jail. Yeah, it's somebody that in the din of bed, either either a nick or thuddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Sometimes you don't even get to write the book at all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometime sometimes somebody telling the story about you and you don't even know nothing about it. Oh Joe, They having a good old meal, they having fried chicken and fish and mac and cheese and dressing and green and you don't even know nothing about it.
Speaker 3: They'll let the doves go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just I wish we could get back to where it once was, where we all respected our elders.
Speaker 3: It was, I mean, you won't have good luck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that used to be a thing ed to tell you, man, you don't have good luck talking back to old people.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you catch the right old person, you won't have good luck because they'll put something on you too.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That's the right. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Make the right play on the wrong day and see what happened. O.
Speaker 1: Joe Markis Brown, one of the Chief's biggest offseason addition, will not play Thursday night season open against the Ravens. Coach Andy Ree said, Hollywood won't be back this week, but we'll see how it goes. But the kid is amazing. I mean, he's progressing and has been incredible, but I wouldn't predict him being there this week. Brown just located his showed against the Chiefs first offensive player the preseason. The Chiefs will still have Exavier Worth of their first round pick, where Shee Weiss Rice the leading receiver, and they re signed Juju Smith's schuster. He was there, remember he won the Super BOWLO shows then he got that big contract from the Chiefe, but seemingly couldn't find he couldn't stay healthy, couldn't find his niche there who you like in this game?
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, Chiefs obviously, Chiefs obviously. I'm kind of sad. I'm kind of sad. God damn Hollywood. Brown won't be able to play. I think he has a grade one AC spring. I mean, they say separated shoulder, but if you watch the play, you know, and I hate when people dive on you, when they tackle you and they drive you into Yeah, I hate. He probably got a grade one grade too, a C spring. So I'm sure he'll be back next week. But I mean, cheeves Chiefs. I'm I'm curious. I'm curious to see what they're gonna look like offensively. I'm curious to see how things open up for Travis Kelce because you had that speed and worthy and you know it's gonna be you know it's gonna be funny, even though he's the fastest recorded combined draft runner. Defensive cordators are gonna say and be very egotistical, Well, you're gonna have to show me you're still a rookie.
Speaker 4: You have to prove himself.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to You're gonna have to show me that we have to adjust our defense because of your speed.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, you know what we got corners.
Speaker 5: We feel can get up there and press you you're gonna have to show us. Hell, you could be goddamn man, the man up front, You're gonna have to show me. So I'm curious to see what that office is gonna look like. Obviously they still have Rashid Rice some other pieces. Travis Kelsey is gonna do what Travis Kelsey does, So I'm curious. I'm curious to see what they look like this year. And I think that they're going to do what they what they need to do to win.
Speaker 4: And they still got the boy back there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I ain't even have to mention him because because he gonna do what he do with what he do every time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the moment is the moment is never too big for fifteen boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're probably gonna try to run the football they got there. The Ravens have Derrick Henry now play actions should be We're gonna see because the Chiefs defense last year, that kind of that's really what was them.
Speaker 5: A Spags was on fireboy man, and I see the personnel, the personnel that Spags had allowed him to do some of the things he did he did losing Lugerious sneed can McDuffie's filling the same role and do the same things that Steve does did well actually be as impressive as he wants to.
Speaker 3: McDuffie was the number one. McDuffie was the first team All Pro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he listens.
Speaker 1: See what it was though, is that you had two of them, right, So now we can because you know, spags like to heat you up. Yeah, I could heat you up because I got two guys that I believe that can hold their own. Yeah, Now are you going to be that's that's you know a lot of times when you got CJ. Colompius. Yeah, they they got some pressure. And remember one of their past rushers, he towards Acla Histor Ravens in the championship game. He didn't play in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Oh ninety one, got his name? I forgot his name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, show. It'll be interesting to see if he's back. They bring some pieces back, but defensively, it's gonna be interested to see. I'm askedus to see how the Ravens, how they use Derrick Henry play of it. You know, Zay Flowers take that next step, Babman Bateman, Yeah, yeah, you got likely.
Speaker 4: I wonder how they're gonna do that. I just thought about that.
Speaker 5: They got like Likely had a hell of a season last year when when Mark Andrews went down, I mean, Andrew Andrews Andrews is that dude?
Speaker 4: I just can't see them having Likely on the bench like that.
Speaker 1: Now you're running double lot of double tight ends. You probably you run two tight ends to wide receiver in the back. Yeah, I mean, hey, let's just go play bully ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But again, it's still it's still it's still a past happy league. It's still a past halfy league. What happened to the Ravens go down fourteen? What happened to go down fourteen? You can't sit back there and say, oh, we're gonna run the ball and have fourteen to fifteen play drives and you got to put that montherfucking the air right?
Speaker 4: What else? What you do? I don't want to see that. I don't want to see that happen.
Speaker 5: I don't want to see them week one going to a hole trying to establish the run.
Speaker 1: That's what they tried. That's what you try to do to the Ravens. You try to put them behind the eight ball. Yeah, try to take Lamar legs out of it and not let him dictate.
Speaker 3: You want to dictate. It's a lot easier said than done.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is, but he's proven he's gotten incrementally better year after year of throwing the foot passer. Yeah, so it's a lot more difficult than it was in the beginning. O Joe, Right, But still like you still or you're more fearful. I guarantee you ask any defensive corner they're still more fearful of his legs.
Speaker 3: Than his arm.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, most definitely. But I like how he's evolved though over the years. Obviously, will he's talking about, Oh, he's a.
Speaker 4: Runner, he's a runner. He's a runner. He's a runner. He's a runner.
Speaker 5: This yes, he's a runner. But the past two years, especially last year, when he had chances to run instead of run, he'll sit down, padded, he'll sit in the pocket and be patient. He'll want to throw before he runs as opposer running when reading number ones, not there, I didn't see.
Speaker 4: I done seen two or three times and seen, God damn Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 5: Get back there, get the ball and go through his progression one, two, three, Okay, that ain't open. Let me go back to one, okay, one still that Okay. Now, I'm a run as opposer. I'm locking on one person, you know, year one, a year two. If that one person ain't now and I feel pressure, man, I'm peace signed.
Speaker 4: I'm getting up out of here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's definitely involved, He's definitely gotten better. So it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 4: Just what they need.
Speaker 1: They got back a big back, Keith Mitchell. He tori that he was playing really well.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, boy, fastest hair. You know his brother plays, I mean his dad played with me at Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mitchell, he played with me.
Speaker 1: He was with me and he ran that he ran that block field go back in the divisional round against the jack Titans. Anthony the Apple released recently released a poled agent. Really recently polled agents. Oh jem okay, the Athematic recently polled agents on the best run franchises and the most unstable franchises. The best run franchises. We're going to do the top five. Eagles got five votes, along with the forty nine Ers. The Chiefs got four votes, the Packers got three votes, Vikings, Steelers, Ravens, Dolphins each got two. Okay, when they said anonymous agent praised the forty nine ers. You have to fit within their culture. They allow players and employees to beat themselves and they win even while getting staff coached by every team every year. The way they treat people, they don't skimp on expenses, highly professional Eagles. Every year Frendans wants to go there. They reward their players. GM Horry Roseman mailed the draft. What an organized group with football in front off business. Every year they at the top of their game. Unstable Okay, let's do do you agree with that list? Oh y'all?
Speaker 4: The stable list?
Speaker 5: Yes, well, absolutely absolutely, And based on the stable list outside of the vikings, you look at the teams, either teams that are winning consistently. Miami, I'm looking at Miami. Miami is revamped. Miami's revamped. You know, Mike McDaniels tours in there, the supporting cast that they do have. They've been winning as a late Chiefs, Green Bay obviously, Eagles, how He Rose Howie is the fucking I don't know what. I don't know what they're doing over there. Obviously, the forty nine ers. They have a tradition of winning. Steelers tradition of winning. So this is this is it is kind of self explanatory when you when you look at it, and you can see why.
Speaker 1: Now we go to the most unstable franchises number one Panthers, number two Raiders, and tied Jets, Jags, Cowboys, and Cardinals with three votes each. Damn My Broncos made the list that ain't good and the Commanders, boy, But for the Cowboys to be on a list with the Jets, Jags, and Cardinals that ain't good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, listen, the Cowboys. I like what it says.
Speaker 5: They're cowboys. I don't think they want to win above all. So that that's on Jerry Jones. Because winning starts all the way from the top.
Speaker 4: Look at all the other teams, the Hunts, God, damn it. Who that you talk about? Family run businesses?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you look Steelers, the Steelers, the Ruins, the Rooneys. They've been at it for since nineteen thirty three.
Speaker 4: It starts from the top, yeap, It starts from the top.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys. I don't think Jerry wants to win above all. He wants to turn make profits and headlines. I think the game has passed him by. Wherever that quote came from volumes, Wherever that quote came from It needs to be in Jerry's world on their goddamn big screen so he can see it. He needs to see it because that's exactly how he runs a business, which is why he's on the list of the most one of the most unstable franchises despite the success that they have in the regular season.
Speaker 4: And I feel bad for the coaches. I feel bad for the staff.
Speaker 5: I feel bad for everyone else that's walking on eggshells that can't tell Jerry you need to take a back seat. You need to sit down, you need to stop talking, need to get from in front of the camera. Allow your players to play, allow your coaches to coach. Let Mike McCarthy do what he wants to do. Take the leash off of him, take the rams up, the rains off of him.
Speaker 4: I did that.
Speaker 1: If I did that, Oh Joe, he gonna get the credit. Didn't I tell you I wanted the credit. I told you, O Joe, you heard me in the press. Compensation. I want the credit.
Speaker 4: That's the problem. That's the problem.
Speaker 5: Other teams that are on this list this The Broncos haven't been good since Manning left the Jets. They've been in disarray since goddamn Joe Naman, the Cardinals, Hell, the Cardinals, andmy goodson, goddamn Kurt Warner.
Speaker 4: The Raiders.
Speaker 3: Ah okay, this is what they said about the Panthers, lot Joe.
Speaker 1: Organizational statement, stability come from the owner and the front office need more time than David Temper, who's the owner, gifts a strong quarterback can keep a team bible, regardless of the front office. But what's the plan the Raiders? The owner Mark David frequently makes significant changes. He put Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziggler in charge and fired them after two seasons. Now the Raiders have an inexperienced coach and Antonio Peers a rechair.
Speaker 4: General manager.
Speaker 1: Tom telesco organizations at the stocks at the top, and Davis doesn't provide stability Cowboys. I don't think they want to win. Above all, Jerry wants to turn properts and make headlines the game. I think the game is passed him by.
Speaker 4: It has.
Speaker 3: It has.
Speaker 5: We already know, We already know. Owner's bottom line is always making a dollar. That's the business that we're in. It's the business of making money.
Speaker 4: We know that. But you don't have to be front and center about it. You don't have to just throw it in our face.
Speaker 5: That's what it's all about, you know, Man, put your put your snake in cowboy put your snakes, your snake skin, cowboy booths on your snake skin belt, get your cowboy hat. Take a back seat, take a back seat. No, I guarantee you. I guarantee you the year. Jerry says, you know what, I'm gonna try something different for a change. I'm gonna try something different for a change. I'm gonna sit back, I'm gonna relax. I'm gonna let the team run itself. I'm gonna let the product and the star on the helmet. I'm gonna let it sell itself. You don't remember Blue Magic American Gangster. Yeah, Denzel ain't have to do nothing to Blue Magic. Blue Magic sold itself. That's the Cowboys. I don't think Jerry understand that. Jerry don't understand that.
Speaker 4: You don't have to do nothing. Man, there's a reason you worth nine billion. I'm not sure how much. I'm not sure how how many more beings than the rest of the teams. He got to do that.
Speaker 1: He's the most. He's he's the most, he's the most. His franchise. He owns the most valuable franchise in pro sports. More more than the Yankees, more than a PSG, no, more than Real Madrill Madrid, more than FC Barcelona. You name a sports franchise and the crowd boys are worth more than them.
Speaker 4: What does that tell you? What does that tell you?
Speaker 5: But Noah, oh, y'all, you don't listen, you don't need you don't need to be in front and center like populized.
Speaker 1: Somebody else gonna get the credit. No, no, and then the credit. That's that many ways.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell you, Listen, sometimes we get in the way of ourselves doing things we don't need to do.
Speaker 4: Pablo Esketball had no no reason to run for political office.
Speaker 5: Jerry Jones has no reason to be in front of the god damn camera all the damn time. You ain't played one snap game, played one down, no disrespect. And that was a horrible analogy. But I'm sure Chad understand where where I'm coming from about Jerry. Yeah, I means it's a horrible analogy.
Speaker 4: But the thing, but here's the thing.
Speaker 1: What Jerry, there's a reason why if you look at him, he has success with Jimmy Jimmy got the credit.
Speaker 4: What about me?
Speaker 3: I own the team.
Speaker 1: Even though Jimmy, even though Jimmy is the coach, he's coaching it. He can't do anything without me. So I want some of the credit.
Speaker 5: There's the money going, Jimmy, where's the money going? Because remember who years? Why who's getting the money? When he brought the team? What was the first thing that he did, Ojo? The first thing he did when he brought the team he fired So and So Tom Landry. Yeah, the mythical he ain't gonna be bigger than Tom. So even if I bring a new coach in, I'm gonna be bigger than him. Because now Jimmy start winning. Oh oh, how about them, cowboy, They ain't got no camera on him. They got the carry on Jimmy, They got Emmy, They got the guy who's messing up. Jimmy's here, Jimmy's talking. You think you think Jerry Jon's gonna dress the team before they hit the field. Yeah, you think he gonna trade to draw to the team before before Jimmy. Jimmy having that Jimmy old school myself, damn sure ain't having it. So now, like you know what, let me go get these other coaches where I can do whatever I want.
Speaker 3: I can emasculate them.
Speaker 1: I can cut the legs out because if I got a problem, players, got a problem with the coach? Yes, what he gonna talk to jam right? Well, whatce that happenings over? Because once a child what the kids do? Once they know they can circumbent one parent?
Speaker 4: M h.
Speaker 1: Once I know I can circumbent my coach. Right now, I got I can play. I can play kids, or play one parent against the other woman.
Speaker 5: M hm mm hm.
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe, Mike, San, don't go ahead what you want to say.
Speaker 5: No, I was just I said, damn because I used to I used to do that with my grandma, my granddaddy.
Speaker 3: Nah whatever they said, No, Oh I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't listen. Grandma said no, I'm going straight to my granddaddy. He was. He's gonna say, yeah, cause you know what gonna happen.
Speaker 3: You go ask granted, do you Barney? I don't I told them boys, nor why you had to tell you?
Speaker 4: I owe them some good days.
Speaker 1: You gotta tore up band. You mean to tell me your your grandted done told you no, and y'all come coming to me you're trying to get me in.
Speaker 3: Any man, I don't even want to go now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry I asked, but see they pushed me up because I was the youngest, so he wasn't gonna be as harsh.
Speaker 3: Ain't Shanna, Go ass Papa to take us to town.
Speaker 1: Go ass pop out to take us to the stone, Go ass pop out to do this, Papa, Can we go to town? That's what we call it because we lived in the country. We didn't live in the heart limit. We lived in uh damn. Every time I took you got some money, yeah, man, then push you be able to do everything. O Joe Livolume