Speaker 1: When it comes to the NFL Draft, they're not just spinning the wheel in Vegas. But will the Raiders' latest new regime go all in on a big name quarterback drafts top running back or maybe somebody else here what Pete Carroll had to say today about Shador Sanders, Ashton Genty and more. Our guy Adam Rank is a new mock draft out and he's got the Raiders taking a cornerback with a C. It's actually not even the most stunning pick the Rank has.
Speaker 2: He will tell you why.
Speaker 1: There's a difference between what teams will do and what he says they should do. Somebody is going to get a stunt edge rusher from UCLA. But where will Oluwa Femi, Olin Danjoe Land and when we'll get answers when Femi joins our Omarweeze to discuss his future. It's almost here. Welcome inside with the inside there's alongside Judy Battista, I am Tom Pelisero. This is our final show before Draft week, not our final show.
Speaker 3: We'll be back.
Speaker 1: We'll be in Green Bay on Monday, but final show. It's the week before the week. We are now just six days away from the NFL Draft kicking off in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and the Tennessee Titans officially being on the clock. Of course, there has been ample speculation. As you see the final touches, well some of the first touches, it looks like being put on the draft stage outside lambeau Field, a lot of discussion about the number one pick being cam Ward, and our Daniel Jeremiah, in speaking with reporters earlier today, certainly does not disagree with Ward landing in Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Sure feels like a slam dunk. I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't go with cam Ward there with the first overall pick. It feels like, you know, Hunter two, and then Abdul Carter three, and then with the Patriots, I just have continually heard that offensive tackle was going to be addressed, and I've continually heard that, you know, that's Will Campbell's spot.
Speaker 1: Jacksonville Jaguar sitting at five. And then you get to one of the most fascinating teams in round one, a new day again in Las Vegas. Shdor Sanders, Ashtrion genty certainly popular picks land Zer Line going with Jalen Walker as the pick at number six, overall, did John Spytech and Pete Carroll maybe drop some draft clues today?
Speaker 5: The idea is to add e leade players at any position, and I don't I don't try to devalue any certain position. I mean, there's times in games where there's there's nobody you'd rather have than the best kicker in the league, too, right, I mean in that moment. So there's certain ways to build a team, and I just I don't know where we got to a place where we don't feel.
Speaker 6: Like running backs are valued.
Speaker 5: I I come from the University of Michigan, to my core, and those guys were certainly really valued there. So it's hard for me to get away from that. You guys have all done your investigative journalism well enough to know that we've brought some quarterbacks in and that wasn't by accident at it by any means. And we're we remain open to the most important position in sports to get right. And we're super excited to have Junior here and we continue to expect them to be here for a while.
Speaker 6: But you can't have too many of those guys right now.
Speaker 7: We're building this team, and so much of that comes from the character and the attitude and the makeup of the people, And so as we draft all the way throughout the rounds, you know that's going to be a huge factor in all of our decisions. And we're really connected and our thinking in that regard. So I know we both feel very comfortable about going into this because we know we have that kind of baseline that we're starting from.
Speaker 1: Let's welcome in our Steve Whites to the conversation.
Speaker 2: Steve.
Speaker 1: You hear Pete Carroll and John spy Tech talking right there. They've got some building blocks. You got brock Bauers, you got Max Crosby, you traded for Geno Smith. But there are a lot of spots and holes they've got to fill on that roster. How do you envision these two tag teaming this thing in their first draft together next week?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean Christian Wilkins, you know Smith, some players there.
Speaker 8: But you heard Pete Carroll say right there, they're building, not rebuilding, not adding to a core.
Speaker 6: They're building.
Speaker 8: And part of the thing that that a spy Tech and Carroll want to make sure people knew is that they were on alignment. They were asked a question, with all things being equal, who has final decision making power, and they shot down a battle of egos or structure right away. Pete Carroll said there will be a consensus on these draft picks, with John spy Tech saying, if we don't have a consensus, then we're probably not going to take that player. So they're saying they're in alignment on the types of players that they want, and they stressed character, passion, and competitive spirit. We know that's big with Pete Carroll, the competition part of it. So spy Tech was saying, hey, the fact that they brought these players in, they were looking at them eye to eye, even in a fifteen minute interview at the combine. They hope they can get some information about the kids' willingness to compete in whatever way that they've done that because that is such a huge aspect of what they're trying to have on their roster. Want a bunch of guys who go out there every day to practice, like Max Crosby.
Speaker 9: They don't have that many Max Crosby's on that roster.
Speaker 2: Let's face it.
Speaker 9: They have a handful of very good players and then a roster with a whole lot of holes. I was struck by the fact that they sure didn't slam the door on the quarterback question when he said, you know, we didn't bring those guys in by accident. That certainly makes you think they're looking seriously at a quarterback, even if it's not with the first round draft pick. Steve, what are your impressions about what direction they're going to go here?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they've got nine, they've got nine overall picks, and to me, they made it abundantly clear a quarterback will be used or us in some way to acquire a quarterback, even if it's used as trade bait to get a veteran quarterback in there. Let's not forget what Pete Carroll did when he first got to the Seattle on twenty twelve. They spent at the time thirty six million dollars on a three year deal to get veteran Matt Flynn to be their starter. What happens they draft Russell Wilson in the third round. Oh, and guess who beat out Matt Flynn to be the starter. Carroll, we talked about the competitive spirit.
Speaker 6: This is what he's all about.
Speaker 8: So again, I think they're going to have a quarterback in there, and not just a training camp arm somebody who can come in and give Geno Smith a run for his money, even though Gino Smith is their guy. Another position that they didn't shut it down. We heard right there is running back. We know Ashton Genty out of Boise State, if he is there at six, could be somebody who's highly appealing to them. We know Pete Carroll wants to run the football. He will draft a running back in the first round. We saw him do that with Seattle. We saw at USC he had star running back after star running back. So that is a core type of player we'll see later in the draft. Offensive tackle. We know Colton Miller's having some contract discussions. They got a lot of ways that they can go. But you know, you heard some slight things in there with Spy Tech talking about, hey, we value skilled players. You know, we don't undervalue running backs the quarterback. They got a lot of ways they can go. But I think those two valuable spots on offense will be fairly high on the Raiders priority list.
Speaker 1: Is a steep hill to climb in the AFC West. Everybody chasing the Kansas City Chiefs, who have made a habit of go into the Super Bowl basically every year. That list also includes the Denver Bronco Whs took a big step forward last season in Sean Payton's second year at the Helm, getting into the playoffs behind their rookie quarterback bow Knicks. This is as close to a mock draft consensus as you're going to see. Six mock drafts. Five votes for Omrion Hampton, who we had on the show last night. Sean Payton, you got any answers for us?
Speaker 6: There's two.
Speaker 10: Great allies that I think for quarterback play. To help quarterback play, it's real good defense and obviously a real good running game, and so I appreciate that term weapons. And yet I think, look, they'll be focused on the running back position. It's a pretty good draft for running backs.
Speaker 1: Not many more valuable draft picks in recent years than Brock Purty, mister irrelevant in the draft back in twenty twenty two. And now he's in a position where he's looking for a market level contract. Besides him yet to agree on exactly what that deal would look like, though one of his division rivals, Poka Nakua, actually has some thoughts on the situation.
Speaker 3: Brock Prudy, is he going to get a five.
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 6: Do you think he's going to go with a four?
Speaker 11: It's going to start with a four?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: High four?
Speaker 10: Umm?
Speaker 11: No, I think mid for a forty five?
Speaker 6: I think so.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think if he does that, that'd be smart for him and them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, I think he's he seems like a smart guy. I think he like there's still they have a chance to still be in their window. And I think if if he goes for a five, that the window closes.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Puka would be a hard negotiator because there is absolutely no way the brock Perty's new contract is going to start with a four. Will set that aside. Let's need somewhere following that in the back of his head for whenever Pooka is up for a new deal. You don't normally hear that type of open comment Steve, about a player talking about someone else's contract. Here, it's a real thing, though, when we've already seen the forty nine ers taking some steps forward in terms of moving on from some high price veteran players, to face the reality that once you have a rookie quarterback who's no longer on that rookie contract, things do change. From a roster building perspective.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Tom, let's get to your point, Poop.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, brock Perty is not starting at a mid four contract. He has been vastly underpaid based on the production over his first three years. I mean, he just made but a million or so dollars last year. There's quarterbacks in college making more money than him. So this is why a deal hasn't been done yet. I mean his side wants a market deal, like fifty fifty million dollars annual plus type of deal. But the Niners also known. These are from conversations that we had the league meetings that they're negotiating kind of against themselves. Right if you were on the open market, would he get that type of deal that? That's what they're battling now. It doesn't sound like they're that far away, but clearly some hurdles to get to now. In terms of Pook and the Kua, Pooky, you gotta understand when you do a podcast that goes out everywhere, because guess what, you're elegent for an extension after this season, dude, And if you keep producing, I keep producing, You're going to be in there with the Aman Ross and Brown guys of thirty million plus annually. You want people talking about your pockets. You gotta be careful doing this type of stuff.
Speaker 1: My man.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think we can emphasize enough how extremely unusual it is to hear a player talk about another player's contract, especially a player suggesting that the other player take a below market deal.
Speaker 2: You just don't hear players say that.
Speaker 9: I certainly would wonder how that was received in the Rock Party camp, or in any camp, and certainly I'm sure it is being filed away in the Rams front office.
Speaker 2: For future use.
Speaker 9: I also sort of take his sho with the idea that you can't win if you have a quarterback with a contract that starts with the number five. I mean, we just saw the Eagles do it, and Jalen Hurts contract has an average annual value.
Speaker 2: That starts the five. So it is doable.
Speaker 9: You have to have a team that's really good at drafting and really good in free agency the way the Eagles were, and really smart about how they structure the contracts. And yes, the Eagles are going through a little bit of a period now where they've lost some players in free agency. And yes, the San Francisco forty nine ers have had to let some players go in preparation for this rock Party contract.
Speaker 2: But I do think it's a bit overstated.
Speaker 9: The idea that you can't have a highly paid quarterback and have your windows shut completely.
Speaker 2: That's just not true.
Speaker 9: The salary cap is rising, it's rising dramatically every year.
Speaker 2: It's doable.
Speaker 9: I would say that, Pooka, just tap the brakes on your negotiating skills. Make sure your agent is not quite listening to you.
Speaker 13: Ward back of the end zone, talk for a touchdown, and guess so, mister rival in space to the put on touchdown?
Speaker 2: Warn another one on one, drops it over the shoulder.
Speaker 13: Throws into the end zone, Todd ten yard line. Ward's gonna take off, diving touchdown. Cam Ward, there's the wheels.
Speaker 1: Cam Ward the presumptive number one pick to the Tennessee Titans. It's at number two where things could start to get weird. It certainly did in our guy Adam Rank's recent mock draft. Now this is not, as the headline shows there, what Rank thinks will happen. He's taking the bold choice of telling you what each team should do in round one. Rank here to explain further on the insiders with me, Tom Pelicero as well as Judy Batista rank you went chalk with that number one pick with cam Ward two through four? What the hell happens here?
Speaker 14: What do you mean if the Cleveland Browns are calling me up and they're like, hey, who should we take at number two?
Speaker 11: Dude?
Speaker 3: Take up Dual Carter?
Speaker 11: What are you thinking?
Speaker 14: You got Joe Flacco, you got Kenny Pickett, your solid at quarterback. Why not fourtify that defensive side? It was two years ago the Browns made a run to the playoffs with Joe Flacco at quarterback, and you're still in a division with Joe Burrow, with Lamar Jackson. Those guys seem to be pretty good. Why don't you fortify your defensive line? Miles Garrett ab Duel Carter give you a huge advantage and you go out there and you win with defense, and you win with that.
Speaker 3: Joe Flacco or Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 14: As for the Giants, listen, I know the Giants are kind of in this mode where like, hey, you made a mistake. You gotta go up and make it up to everybody. Yeah, we shouldn't have let Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 3: Go to the Eagles.
Speaker 14: But listen, what would you say if we brought in ash Jin Genty to be the guy to replace Saquon Barkley. Oh, this feels like, hey, I forgot to bring a gift. I'm bringing Ashton Genty. But that's exactly what It's exactly what you need to do. Like I'm so sorry I forgot it was your birthday. Here's Jashion Genty.
Speaker 6: Pretty good.
Speaker 14: They will have to address the offensive line at some point.
Speaker 6: You do that later.
Speaker 14: And for the Patriots, let's get fun. Patriots, do you have the worst offensive line in the NFL?
Speaker 3: Well? Pro Football Focus seems to think think so. However, I don't care. You worry about that later.
Speaker 14: Much in the same way as my kids are doing homework right now because they spent their entire spring break goofing around.
Speaker 3: You worry about that later.
Speaker 14: Go get Travis Hunter, let him be your wide receiver with Stefan Diggs and all that good stuff. A dragway and by the way, let him play let them play corner. Hey, I don't know if you've paid attention to baseball. The Angels brought in sho Hey Otane seven years ago, and they said, listen, you can pitch and you can hit, and it worked out pretty well. Show Hey turned out to be a pretty good player. Let's be fun, NFL let Travis Hunter play both to the football.
Speaker 9: I can't imagine the reaction. I'm going to be at the New York Giants, and I can't imagine the reaction at the Giants draft.
Speaker 2: Party if they now would draft a running back. I think it would sort of be like, oh, now you like running backs?
Speaker 9: Two years too, eate and they pass on Travis Hunter. In the meantime, all right, let's go. You've got three tight ends going in the first round. That hasn't happened since twenty seventeen. It's only happened three times in NFL draft history.
Speaker 14: Explain yourself, Well, I really think that the NFL is a copycat league, and people will look at what happened with the Las Vegas Raiders last year.
Speaker 3: At brock Bowers. Hey, by the way, I picked that last year too.
Speaker 14: I told the Raiders to take brock Bowers, and you guys on YouTube, this guy is an idiot.
Speaker 3: Okay, how did that work out?
Speaker 14: Also, like Sam Laporta has done really well with the Lions, and obviously Travis Kelce what he's meant to the Kansas City Chief Chiefs. It is really a point of emphasis now. I think teams want to go out there and get tight ends at number five. Know why people are assuming that the Jags are just gonna pick Mason Graham or somebody on defense?
Speaker 3: You know what you need to help out Trevor Lawrence. Enough is enough.
Speaker 14: You cannot let Trevor Lawrence go out there with Jess Brian Thomas Junior and think that's gonna be good enough. Christian Kirk's no longer on that team, go out there and get Tyler Warren. Let him go out there and do some damage. I think that would be a huge spot for him. Iink Colston Lovelin is going to be a great player in this league. And last season the New York.
Speaker 3: Jets passed up, passed up on brock Bowers.
Speaker 14: They also passed up on Brian Thomas Junior, which I told him to do. But you go out there and get you go out there and you get Lovelin, and now you pair him with Garrett Wilson, Brece Hall. Justin Fields now has a lot of options to be successful for the New York Jets.
Speaker 3: Let him be the quarterback of the future.
Speaker 14: And obviously if you look at most people's mind I didn't look at anybody's mock drafts.
Speaker 3: I don't look at him. I don't want to know. A lot of people have a tight end slated for the LA Chargers. I do too. I guess gonna be Mason Taylor.
Speaker 14: Mason Taylor is actually a better fit for the Chargers because he plays all three downs.
Speaker 3: It's not like, Okay, he's.
Speaker 14: Coming into the game, They're gonna throw the ball for sure. Jim Harbaugh wants a tight end who could block. Mason Taylor would be that guy. I think that's a good spot for him.
Speaker 1: We've heard over and overthrow out the pre draft process, Frank, this is not a great wide receiver draft class. You don't have those top ten type prospects here, but you gave one of the Panthers at eight. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love Matthew Golden.
Speaker 14: I think when you look at the wide receiver prospects coming out right now, Matthew Golden is a primetime player, someone that steps up into the moment makes good plays. He was viewed as the number two wide receiver for Texas coming into last season, but you know what, he ended up being the number one guy. And when I think of fit for the Carolina Panthers, when I see Matthew Golden, I kind of see a lot of Chris Olave.
Speaker 3: So I think this be a great option for them.
Speaker 14: And again, you need to help out Bryce Young last season excellent work going out there, getting a couple of guards helping them out. I think Matthew Golden is the way to go. I also think too, like don't sleep on the tight end position. You have not replaced the tight end since Greg Olsen left. I don't think that the Bears are going to gift you Cole Comet like the Bears gifted you Greg Olsen years ago. That might also be an opportunity to go out and draft a guy if somebody like Colson Lovelin falls to them.
Speaker 9: All right, here's an evergreen question for the NFL network. What should the Dallas Cowboys do?
Speaker 14: You know what, if the Dallas Cowboys wanted to be fun, you know what they would do.
Speaker 3: They would draft Shad or Sanders. That would be amazing, That would be the funnest thing ever.
Speaker 14: But I do have them going with a running back. I think Hampton makes the most sense for them. That he's been in the building, and the Dallas Cowboys really need some offensive playmakers.
Speaker 3: I know Ted McMillan could be another great option here.
Speaker 14: But I thought with Steve Smith Senior, and I'm like, I don't like Ted McMillan anymore, just kidd, but I really think Hampton would be a great pick. I know that the people out there who disagreed with me are like they got Javonte Williams, like I exactly, they got Davonte Williams.
Speaker 3: You need some firepower there.
Speaker 14: I think the Cowboys need to be less conservative with this pick. Do something crazy. They've done a really nice job of drafting in the past. Go for Hampton, and when he goes out there and rushes for fourteen hundred yards and scores twelve touchdowns.
Speaker 3: And you win your fantasy league, you'll thank me.
Speaker 1: Last thing, ranking your what team should do mock draft first twenty picks, There's only one quarterback. It's cam Ward at number one. Here's the Steelers. They can pick whichever the others they.
Speaker 3: Want, and they choose should or Sanders.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I think the Steelers obviously need to draft a quarterback at some point.
Speaker 3: Whether you sign Aaron Rodgers or not.
Speaker 14: They need to go out there and get a quarterback, and they need to get their quarterback of the future.
Speaker 3: It's some point.
Speaker 14: Shadur Sanders makes a lot of sense. Now, obviously he still needs some growth. This would be a situation where you want him to sit on the bench and go out there and grow and eventually become the starting quarterback. They did it years ago with Ben Roethlisberger when they already had Tommy Maddox on the roster. They drafted Ben Roethlisberger and sort of that was actually in week I think it was Week nine when he eventually became the starter. But Shadur Sanders makes a lot of sense for me right here. Although I don't know what about Milroe?
Speaker 16: What about Milroe?
Speaker 3: Would Milrow be fun? It's got to be somebody who's gonna sit. Although at the same.
Speaker 1: Time, change your mind.
Speaker 14: Maybe I don't know. I'm a listen It's like listen. My whole thing is like what you should do? Things change?
Speaker 3: You ask me right now. If you're flying into Chicago right now, you're like, where should I go? Be like, go to Portillo's. You asked me on Monday, I might say Geno Zis.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I might change my mind. Tom I'm allowed to do these things. This I'm unconventional. You know this.
Speaker 1: When Shudur Sanders came on the show last week from the Pittsburgh Airport after his visit, he had a big grin when talking about Mike Tomlin in that organization. You could at least see the logic if he ends up still on the board there at twenty at maybe NFL This is a good sandwich NFL dot com slash rank where you can catch the full mock drafts. Speaking of Chedeor Sanders, take a sneak peek right now at our new content series where Brock Perdy and Daniel Jeremiah breakdown Shador Sanders and other NFL prospects, all with the help of Toyota. Be sure to check out going places presented by Toyota on DJ's social accounts at Move the Sticks.
Speaker 15: Obviously, the expectations that he's had, you know, throughout his college career and then taking Colorado to new heights like that.
Speaker 6: You know, that's not easy.
Speaker 4: The knock is a little bit of the arm strength, and then you know, holding the ball took a lot of sacks.
Speaker 15: With my experience of playing, like if I can show my guys you know that I can get hit and then keep going, that just shows a lot about you know, your leadership and just being able to learn to get the ball out play within the timing of the offense and concepts. So I think those are things that he has and will continue to.
Speaker 7: Learn and development, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Coming up later on in the show, let's talk about some surprise first round picks that you could here called on Thursday night. But first we'll talk about another guy whose name is going to come off the board during this NFL draft. It's Femmy Olden Dan Joe, who was knocking around coaches at the Senior Boy, you're away sposed to hit the guys when you're not supposed to hit anybody really in a practice setting like that. Hopefully he doesn't hit our Omar Ruiz. That's probably gonna end the interview early Omar with Femmi. Next on the Insiders.
Speaker 11: Singer Bowl, Are Rocky have a full competer? That's done? Bill who go in, let's rock Let me.
Speaker 16: Come here?
Speaker 11: I got like more?
Speaker 14: Okay, I want this right here, That's what I want, power boy right here, Okay, right here, boy, let's go talk.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, Oh they're gas. Oh more gas?
Speaker 9: How do you do?
Speaker 2: How do you do?
Speaker 6: I tell you?
Speaker 15: What a bad?
Speaker 8: What a bad?
Speaker 6: What a bad?
Speaker 2: Do we have two more seconds?
Speaker 17: Have we got two more seconds?
Speaker 6: We got two more segons?
Speaker 16: We got two more segons?
Speaker 10: And don't mean nothing?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, let mean nothing.
Speaker 16: What do you come?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 11: We are what we gotta go? Don't know?
Speaker 1: Watch more miked up omens coming, I'm sure for draft prospect femi Ola day Joe, including this one with our Omar Ruiz.
Speaker 17: Happy to be joined now by my fellow Sacramento native, Oloa femi Ola Dejo out of UCLA OLOI. It's great to see you one week out from the draft. How you feeling, man?
Speaker 16: I'm excited, very grateful, very grateful to be where I'm at right now, and that's gonna be an exciting time.
Speaker 17: We've been expecting your name to be called on next Friday or a Day two prospect Round two, round three. What have you been hearing? Where are you expecting to go hobbly Friday?
Speaker 16: That's the plan, Laura Willing, But I think it's a matter of not being too focused. On that and just knowing wherever you go it's a new chapter. Everything that passes behind and now it's a second contract. That's the mindset.
Speaker 17: We're a week away now from perhaps your life changing for the better and becoming a full time NFL player. But I know the pre draft process is so arduous and so many of your UCLA to defensive teammates have gone through this layout. To Lattu, one of your buddies was the first defensive player taken last year. One of your buddies from this year, Carson Swessinger, also going through the process. I know you guys ran into each other a couple of weeks ago at the airport. Correct, what a coincidence that was. But what has this process been like for you now here we are a week away from the draft.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, in all honesty, he's been a blessing.
Speaker 16: You know. I've heard from a fellow Sacramento native, Eric Armstead, that is going to be a long process.
Speaker 6: But just stay.
Speaker 16: Grounded, take a day by day, be your feeder, and don't look too far ahead, but rather just take a day by day.
Speaker 11: Well, you brought up Eric Armstead.
Speaker 17: I want to talk about him for a little bit because I was talking to one of your senior Bowl coaches, kJ Wright, who is a great linebacker in the NFL for a long time, and he said that your game reminded him of Eric Armstead. And that's not a coincidence, right, I guess not.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that. You know, Eric is a big man seven, but.
Speaker 15: I mean.
Speaker 17: Your game reminded him of him because you could line up inside outside, and how you rush the passer, over the center, over the guard. You can take on the tackles in every different way.
Speaker 18: Your versatility like that, Yeah, I think shout out to all my Pop Warner coaches, middle school coaches, high school coaches kind of played every position in football besides quarterback and defensive back.
Speaker 16: So just trying to apply it to the football field and just be a versatile athlete.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Speaking of that versatility, we know that you transition in college just last season as a matter of fact, from linebacker to out on the edge rushing the passer. What's been the most difficult challenge to making that position change for you.
Speaker 16: I want to say it's been a difficult challenge anything like to like, oh this is insane, but just continuously get in reps and perfecting my technique, my craft, my past rush. Of course, just being more consistent playing the run and setting edges.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Well, obviously you've worked your way to one of the top edge prospects in this draft. I want you to go through some of your highlights here, we have this tape prepared. I want you to describe your style of play for us, looking at some of your game film from this past season.
Speaker 6: All right, let's do it. Okay, this is junior year.
Speaker 16: Just I believe this is as far as on drop right, I saw I knew in.
Speaker 6: A round was coming right now, You've got to get skinny, make the play. Let's see, we got.
Speaker 11: One of your many tackles for this is the first play of the game.
Speaker 16: It was a ringo blitz stump. This is big cymember over the guard, cross chopped fell, a little bit effort, chase, pursue exactly, Lord of Guys. So that game, it's tough. We lost usc man.
Speaker 17: But yeah, yeah, I know you've made nine Top thirty visits, You've met with eleven different teams. What do the teams want to know about you here in the pre draft process?
Speaker 16: Yeah, just who I am and how I carry myself? On a day to day basis off the field. On the field, shout out to my dog mill Row ruling free bro. He's not jerring that. I don't think a lot of people know he's not jering. I think he might be the first ni jering quarterback in the NFL. Ever, So we got I told him, we got to put it out there. It needs to be I need to go out there. But teams just asking who I am and my personality and what the transition from Mike to Edge was, and how I see myself in the future I know.
Speaker 17: And speaking to right he said that you watch a lot of film, you're a student of the game. Who are some of the players that you look at right now that you want to pattern your game after going to the NFL.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of guys.
Speaker 16: You got Max Crosby, Michael Parsons, Jonathan Gernard, TJ. Watt been trying to find some Auden Smith tape back in the day, San Fran a little bit of everybody been watching some Aaron Donald handfight, Will Anderson, Deanil Hunter.
Speaker 6: So there's a lot of greats that are great for me to watch.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we saw some of that.
Speaker 10: T J.
Speaker 11: Watt their tape.
Speaker 17: What do you like about his game or what are some of the things you're trying to pick up from these guys, the greats in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just there.
Speaker 16: I'm trying to see their thought process on the field when they're playing play action, or how they're taking on blocks, or how they like to defeat guys who open their shoulders or vertical sets, two hand punchers, et cetera, and just how they.
Speaker 6: Look at this guy freaking hature.
Speaker 16: You've got a lot of eff a lot of motors, So just trying to study out what makes them great.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you mentioned TJ.
Speaker 17: Watt, Max Grosby, a couple of guys that play with incredible motors. Okay, here we are, Holo, a femmi one week away from the draft. What is your last appeal to the teams to take you and make them make them.
Speaker 11: A part of your future? Here, look at the show. I'm a pro.
Speaker 6: I'm a pro. I'm grounded. I feel very confident.
Speaker 16: I'm going to home the market out on top of that, you know, but on top of that, I'm going to make the team a better team. Locker room God, great presence, very grounded, big in my faith, which only makes me better in life in generalism.
Speaker 17: Man, So that's what I was saying, all right, Olafemi ola dejo. It's been a pleasure to get to know you, speak with you connect on the nine to one six right there.
Speaker 11: Great wishes to you and best of luck next week to hear your nagge called in the NFL Draft, Thank.
Speaker 6: You go Brown.
Speaker 1: From a potential Day two pick to some of the potential surprises on Day one. Could Tyler shuck the Louisville quarterback age twenty six seven years college football sneak in to Thursday night. We'll talk about that and some other potential surprises next on the insects.
Speaker 9: For NFL prospects, the draft journey is the most demanding and inspiring job interview process.
Speaker 2: In the world of sports.
Speaker 9: In an exclusive news series, NFL Media takes you along for the ride with the two exceptional prospects, Dylan Gabriel, quarterback from our again and Luther Burden, the third wide receiver from Missouri. Here's a sneak peek as they embark on their draft journey in Destination Green Bay, presented by Toyota.
Speaker 19: Combine.
Speaker 3: Begin today.
Speaker 6: That's a head to Andy, who's Combine.
Speaker 2: Come another guy.
Speaker 4: I will bear to see here.
Speaker 8: Mov in one of the top guys.
Speaker 6: If we think I'm prepared, you know, all the whole work I'll put in, I'll have this opportunity to, you know, be able to showcase my schools in front of the whole World's very opportunity. Appreciate it. We see Indy Man peace out, and we are here. The twenty twenty five NFL Scouting Combine is.
Speaker 16: The peak everything we're working too for every kid's dream to make it to an NFL combine and go.
Speaker 6: Crazy, and you got to go make it happen.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna let it fly, take a deep breath, and game on.
Speaker 16: So I'm gonna feel confident myself, you know, confident the work I'll put in and watch up.
Speaker 2: Now, welcome back to the Insiders. That's Tom. I am Judy and Tom.
Speaker 9: You have a story up on NFL dot com right now with the players you think could sneak into the first round as maybe surprise candidates, and you've got them all over a bunch of positions.
Speaker 2: So let's just go down the list.
Speaker 9: Let's start with the quarterback you think could be a first.
Speaker 1: Rounder, Tyler Schuck from Louisville. Judy is helping himself as much as anybody through this pre draft process. Seven years of college. He's been in college football so long. He was backing up Justin Herbert at Oregon, had a bunch of different injuries. Put it together last year with the Cardinals, and as he's gotten in front of coaches what they see as an older guy. Obviously he's more mature. He's playing in the pro style, off had responsibility at the line of scrimmage on his shoulders. There's a lot that's familiar to coaches. We'll see if he pushed it all the way up till round one, Judy, but certainly I would not rule it out.
Speaker 9: Especially with so many teams in desperate need of a quarterback. All right, let's talk about the wide receiver on your.
Speaker 1: List, Mecca Abuca from Ohio State. And yes, he has been in the top twenty on Daniel Jeremiah's list, but I haven't seen his name in the mock drafts on NFL dot Com. What teams like about Abuca is, obviously he's been highly productive. He's been durable, arguably more explosive than Jackson Smith and Jigba his former teammate who went high to the Seahawks a couple of years ago and just as coming off of his first Pro Bowl. There's a bunch of teams in between let's say twenty and twenty five in this draft, Judy, who all need a receiver team like Houston and maybe could use a slot. That was one of many potential landing spots for Abuca.
Speaker 9: All right, how about the linebacker.
Speaker 1: Carson Schwsinger, another one that he played with Emioladejo was just on the show here, came on the Insiders recently as well, a one time walk on. Finally, guys opportunity just last year to start. But he could play all three downs. He can run, he can cover. We talk about those run spots in the draft. There's a bunch of teams toward the end of Round one who all need an off the ball linebacker. There's going to be fans of g Hod Campbell. He's got versatility, could be a pass rusher. But in terms of the true off the ball guys, Sweessinger is going to be in that mix.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 9: Offensive line, we know teams always need offensive linemen. We always hear coaches and evaluators say there just are not enough good offensive linemen. Who do you have as an offensive lineman?
Speaker 1: Well, there's definitely not enough centers, Judy. In this draft, some teams are going to project Gray Zabel to that position. He could end up playing there. But if you want the guys's actually snapped the ball before, how about Jared Wilson from Georgia, another one year starter. He had five hundred and eleven pass blocks last season. Acory at PFF allowed zero sacks. He's like a lot of Georgia's centers. He's going to be quicker than he is strong. We'll see how oh high exactly he could go. He's mostly projected second third round here. But again, if you have a need at center, and when somebody's played the position, Jared Wilson's you got.
Speaker 2: And finally, defensive line.
Speaker 1: Ty Leek Williams is the name that's come up. He's three hundred and thirty four pounds. He's a really good run stuffer. His pre direct process got cut short because he pulled a hamstring when he was running the forty yard dash at his prodet You could say, what's the three hundred and thirty four pound man doing running the forty at all, well, they're going to take it easy on him for these next few weeks, ire, but it does not sound like it's anything that's going to impact him as we get into training camp. He's a really interesting prospect for multiple reasons, as he displayed earlier today on Good Morning Football.
Speaker 20: Kaus Havoc And I'm gonna show up every play, every game, and you know you're going to have to account for me at all times because that will you know, record offense, you know if I'm not so really just being dominant and you know, just showing up in the big games.
Speaker 1: This is what I mean when I say that, what's your favorite one oh them?
Speaker 16: I mean that's that's the benefit of staying at one school and putting it work the whole time.
Speaker 21: That's don't want to open its basically, you know Texas, Oregon, Tennessee and then Notre Dame and the Natty.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 2: Here's how big he is.
Speaker 9: Those rings which look like super Bowl size rings, didn't even look that outsize on his hand.
Speaker 2: That's how big a guy he is.
Speaker 1: The Only thing I can think of, Judio whenever I see those enormous championship rings is you can stop the TSA for those like, it's not just an automatic. The beef goes off, go back, get in line again. I gotta think you want to pack those in your stowaway luggage. Shador Sanders has had a busy pre draft process. Of course, his showcase a couple of weeks ago he visited the Pittsburgh Steelers and then on Thursday, he had a private workout with the New York Giants, who have been linked with him going back to last fall and own the number three overall pick. Our Bucky Brooks has been consistent he's had Shador Sanders as his number one ranked quarterback ahead of the presumptive number one pick cam Ward Throughout this pre draft process, Shador himself joined Ian Rappaport and me recently on The Insiders shadur one week out from the NFL Draft. Here, tell me about what you're doing with Gatorades Lose more, Win More campaign.
Speaker 19: It's a campaign that I'll say described the absolute life what it takes to be great. So I'm just I'm just excited. I'm making media piece that it's puzzled when it comes to gator Rade knowing what they represent, something that I feel like massively as a person on.
Speaker 3: Stay, so shudor to kind of follow up on that a little bit.
Speaker 6: What can you learn from losing as Gate? It says, teach you teaching a lot of lesson.
Speaker 19: That teaches you character, It teaches you you insistrant, and it shows you who who during a lot of chaos and a lot of stuff is going on, shod you self belief and so you don't believe in themselves. So loving loving is definitely important. You know, couldn't make you value wins really more so?
Speaker 1: She door Ian and I are going to be in Green Bay for the draft, probably a little bit chilly. It's it's not gonna it's not gonna be the you know, the nicest weather there where. Where are you going to be? What are you gonna be doing? How are you going to be watching this draft? Is all your dreams come true?
Speaker 6: I'll be at home. I'll be at home.
Speaker 16: My dad.
Speaker 19: He built a nice house for us, So that's who I'll probably be at.
Speaker 1: That's a smart move, Shaudor thank you again, man, appreciate it. Next week you can see where all the top prospects end up on the NFL Draft presented by Bud Light, which this year is in Green Bay, experience the history of lambeau Field, see the Vince Lombardi Trophy in Super Bowl rings, and meet NFL players and legends. The NFL Draft starts next Thursday, April twenty fourth, in Green Bay. Register for free entry at NFL dot com slash Draft Access today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is the moment you want.
Speaker 11: It isn't me, but you can't take my grown No, I'm pulling see and.
Speaker 2: They gonna call me jing get und blot humber one man on me getting his Timy Coda.
Speaker 16: Ball, the most tight out of player in college football.
Speaker 6: Touchdown Ash the Jet D want.
Speaker 11: To run for Ash the Jet D touchdown?
Speaker 15: What a throw like that?
Speaker 1: War?
Speaker 6: What other big moments?
Speaker 13: Big Corner Rangers goes lumbering into the episode touchdown touchdown Colorado, Lightning.
Speaker 10: In the game shottur touchdown touchdown Colorado.
Speaker 1: I in thousand of others will be in Green Bay, Wisconsin for the NFL Draft beginning next week. Five years ago, none of us were anywhere. We were all home as the draft occurred. In the early stages of the COVID nineteen pandemic. John Schneider, the GM of the Seahawks, as Dog Charlie got caught the Zuomies here, Judy.
Speaker 9: Listen, I actually enjoyed the COVID Draft for just this reason. Like I liked all of these peaks behind the curtains into people's homes. I liked to see players sitting in their own living rooms with their families, like they were only allowed to have their families around them. I thought that was like a really sort of sweet, stripped down draft, and I like it. I like the glitz too, but like this kind of stuff was really kind.
Speaker 1: Of fun, and no one even remembers Charlie. The Seahawks just reposted this today, which jogged all of our memories on it because the most famous dog of the COVID Draft, Judy was in Bill Belichick's kitchen.
Speaker 2: As Boe Belichick when they put up Very Smart.
Speaker 9: The Control room put up the Chiron though Belichick New England Patriots.
Speaker 2: That was Nike the dog.
Speaker 1: So we got the final countdown, Jie, We'll be doing the Insiders. I'll be there with Ian Rapaport on Monday. What are you looking forward to most? What's number one on your list for next week?
Speaker 9: I am looking forward to the Giants draft pick. I will be with the New York Giants. I'm hoping it's not cold like it always is at the Giants for the draft when we're standing outside. But I'm hoping they make a good draft pick and the fans are happy.
Speaker 1: Finally, it's going to be interesting parachuting into Green Bay, Wisconsin. We got so many guests, We got so much to come next week. Enjoy the weekend, enjoy the holiday. See you Monday night, seven Eastern