Speaker 1: The second date update.
Speaker 2: Most businesses want to have return customers who keep coming back for more, like restaurants and salons dentists.
Speaker 3: Yes not us, wait, yes we do.
Speaker 2: Now we like to be used and abused and then tossed aside, because the whole goal of this segment is to try and get people to go on dates that hopefully go the distance.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, see that they don't have to come back.
Speaker 4: Yes, and get married exactly.
Speaker 2: And if we have a return customer, that means something went wrong and it was probably Brooks fault.
Speaker 4: Today, a guy.
Speaker 2: Named Eric has emailed us again for help, and this one's extra disappointing because Eric was actually on for an.
Speaker 4: Update update a while back.
Speaker 2: He told us him and a girl named Samantha hired a designated third person to go to concerts with them because they didn't like the same music.
Speaker 3: Oh, I remember that he was into like old music, like the Beatles or something.
Speaker 2: I think she was into the old stuff and he was in the new stuff like twenty one Savage.
Speaker 3: So then they had someone who would go with each of them separately.
Speaker 4: But Eric is back. Eric, was it Brook's fault?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, No, no, no, it wasn't Brooks fault.
Speaker 3: Okay, how long did that relationship last with the girl you were on with last time?
Speaker 5: It was a little bit over a year.
Speaker 3: Oh I still count as charting success.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, right, Well, so what happened with you and Samantha?
Speaker 5: Well, honestly, I probably should have saw it coming, but it was one of those nights where, like you guys said, we all three of us went out. Oh no, and essentially after that night and I basically found out that she hooked up with our third wheel. Oh yeah, did you hook up with him too?
Speaker 4: Out of revenge?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Now, teacher, Yeah no, no, I mean yeah, it kind of sucked honestly, because, like I said, we went about a year and I was feeling pretty okay.
Speaker 3: But you're you're back with us, which means you're back on the wagon. You're dating again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I liked up with a new girl. Her name is Carrie.
Speaker 2: And when first you went out with Samantha, and now you're going out with.
Speaker 4: Carrie, you're getting the whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next is going to be Charlotte. She's the one that stays committed, so we'll hold out for her. But tell us more about Carry. Where did you meet her?
Speaker 5: Yeah? We uh, we got on tender went on a first date. But that's why I'm calling you guys, because I haven't heard back. Okay, first date.
Speaker 4: What'd you like about her on Tinder?
Speaker 5: Well, the first thing was her her tender handle was was pretty funny. I actually loved it.
Speaker 4: Okay, good humor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I didn't know you had those on not on Tinder, so I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean there's handles, but like some girls.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was soft Apricot.
Speaker 4: Soft.
Speaker 3: Is that like a small peach type of thing where it's like maybe little booty? Is that what she means?
Speaker 1: That's smart?
Speaker 4: Does it mean something?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: I never really got around to that because we haven't been on a second date.
Speaker 2: So okay, the first just like a woman that mentions fruits.
Speaker 3: What was it like in person with soft Apricot?
Speaker 5: Well, it didn't go exactly how I planted out in my head, but we started going out to a nice restaurant. Obviously the first eight.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's obvious at all. I think that a nice restaurant is set in the bar high.
Speaker 6: You know, I've tried to do that a lot of people don't want to do something.
Speaker 3: There's too much pressure. What was her you know vibe at the restaurant?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, honestly, we didn't really get the vat too well because when we got there, it was just a bunch of like fire trucks around in the place and we couldn't even get in.
Speaker 4: You complain to the manager or.
Speaker 2: Still tried to get seatedicy here, Yeah, the no smoking section.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 4: That sucks.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, awful. Did you pivot? What did you do next?
Speaker 5: So I took her to this other restaurant that I remember was not too far from there, okay, and we were able to get a table, you know, sat down, and then of course our server comes over. He's like, hey, guys, by the way, we have a private party coming in at like eight, and so you got there up and eat. Yeah, it was like it was like seven thirty, saying they're going to rush you out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why wouldn't they tell you that before you even sit down?
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know. By the time we ordered, we would have had like fifteen minutes to eat. So you leave, well, yeah, I said, hey, you know what, let's just get it to go. We'll go back to my place.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the pivot he really wants. Like this stuff shows if people are actually fun or not, like when you have to be spontaneous. Yeah, and you're getting her back to your place, which is it's kind of bold to say right away, I haven't even had a meal together yet.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean she did say yeah, she was pretty comfortable with it.
Speaker 2: Hey, great, So how do things go back at your place?
Speaker 5: Well? I didn't mention that when we got our takeout food, you know, to go. Obviously I rushed that. So it was cold, it wasn't good. Yeah, I just kept getting worse, so I had to save the day and I ended up cooking dinner for us at my place.
Speaker 4: Good though, that's nice.
Speaker 3: Man can throw some chicken nugs in the oven, how buckets or two any faster?
Speaker 6: I just take it.
Speaker 3: It's just hungry.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll put it this way. She definitely enjoyed dinner. And let's just say she really enjoyed breakfast.
Speaker 4: Oh so you had breakfast for dinner.
Speaker 3: No, a couple other events in between the meals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's just move on. I guess I'm never going to understand it, all right, all right, next question, did you kiss? I?
Speaker 3: Mean, it's a good sign that she hung around for breakfast. She kind of just snuck out in the morning. I didn't want to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is that the last that you saw her? Like, what's happened since then?
Speaker 5: Yeah? That was it. That was the last I saw her. She hasn't been spiny time messages And like I said, I mean when she left the next morning, we hugged, we talked and she said, hey, we'll talk to you later. And I was like, oh, this is great.
Speaker 6: Dang, you must make an awful breakfast.
Speaker 3: Nobody could screw breakfast.
Speaker 4: Breakfast you know these are over medium.
Speaker 1: And I is it over easy?
Speaker 4: I'll never see you.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's something like maybe like how long ago is that?
Speaker 5: It's been about like five or six days. But I mean I've texted her and it's been no response.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, the human body can go three weeks without eating a meal, so maybe she's just waiting for.
Speaker 4: The next meal.
Speaker 3: She didn't eat that much.
Speaker 2: Just I'm really confused. Let's just play a song and we'll come back. We'll get more clarity when we call Carrie for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, hey, you guys looked for magic for me before. Hopefully and do it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's personal dating service.
Speaker 1: We'll do our best second date update.
Speaker 2: You've heard of brunch combining breakfast and lunch, but Eric served up dreakfast the dinner breakfast combo.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't think he did one.
Speaker 3: I think he thinks that that was a meal.
Speaker 4: Was it brinner not breakfast?
Speaker 3: No, but that kind of sounds better. It was it was dinner, dessert Jeffrey, and then breakfast.
Speaker 1: Eric.
Speaker 4: You can cook dessert too.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 4: You're youre must be a pretty good chef.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think we were talking about the kitchen.
Speaker 2: They literally just eight meals the entire time, did nothing else. But anyway, the problem is after their date, Carrie is not calling Eric back again, and so we're going to do it for him.
Speaker 3: I mean, we did so well with Eric the first time. You were in what a year and something relationship with the girl.
Speaker 6: All the credit for the Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean sure she cheated on him eventually, but we're not going to take credit for that.
Speaker 3: No, that was all her. Sorry to bring that.
Speaker 5: Up, Eric, Yeah, yeah, I hate cheaters.
Speaker 2: Sorry, buddy, Okay, let's just call carry and see what she has to say.
Speaker 4: Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Carrie.
Speaker 5: Yes, m.
Speaker 4: She didn't sound like she was that sure.
Speaker 3: She sounded very sure, Yes, Jeff.
Speaker 4: Maybe she's just skeptical of us calling Jerry.
Speaker 3: That's the one.
Speaker 4: What's up? You're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Why am I on the radio?
Speaker 4: Question?
Speaker 2: You're actually part of a segment that we're doing called a second Date Update. We're trying to help out one of our listeners who you went out with recently, named Eric.
Speaker 3: Okay, it sounded like a really nice night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sorry, it's really weird. I was taking him to have a radio call me if.
Speaker 6: He wasn't planning on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you haven't been hitting.
Speaker 6: Him back up.
Speaker 2: So he just wants our help to understand what's going on because he knows, like you, went to a couple of restaurants that didn't end up working out, so he ended up going back to his place instead and he cooked for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah that was really nice.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you enjoyed that his cooking was good, his company. What do you think.
Speaker 7: Is he listening to us? I don't want to like say anything mean, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know who's listening. A lot of people could be listening to this.
Speaker 3: To be honest, if people know when they call into our show what this is all about, and so they're prepared to just hear.
Speaker 7: It, okay, then I mean, yeah, he was really nice and he cooked really good food. I guess I won't hear that either.
Speaker 1: No, that's good.
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, it was just like, I don't know, there was something just like missing guy, a guy that can cook.
Speaker 4: Would you say, Jeff salt?
Speaker 3: Sometimes you vinegar salt?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, But that's not the point.
Speaker 6: Everybody we're saying, is everything sounds great, what's happening?
Speaker 4: What was missing?
Speaker 7: It was like the I don't know there, like wasn't meant much chemistry. I guess why would you say the night then?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he said wanted a good night's sleep. You had dinner and breakfast?
Speaker 7: Oh okay, so he told you about that.
Speaker 4: You just said he had dinner and breakfast with you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no shame.
Speaker 3: It sounded like you guys had a lovely night and you hugged ye before you left.
Speaker 4: Don't worry.
Speaker 6: Even if he tried, Jeff wouldn't have understood what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still not really clear all that I'm clear on here is that you're saying that there was no chemistry between you guys, even though you spent all that time together.
Speaker 7: Right, I mean he was really sweet and I did enjoy our night, but I don't know. The next day in the morning, I don't know. It's just like awkward. The like chemistry was there was just really uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Can you give us an example, like what, how is the chemistry off?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 7: Okay, I I have this kind of test that I do with a lot of guys to see. It's kind of like a measuring stick to see if I vibe with them, measuring.
Speaker 3: One of those two very trade friend not that.
Speaker 7: Kind of measuring stick.
Speaker 1: What do you know?
Speaker 7: So I I said a joke and he didn't laugh.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, if it's not funny, sorry.
Speaker 5: It was funny.
Speaker 7: It is funny, Okay. So I said, did you hear oxygen went on a date with potassium?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't hear it went Okay, I wouldn't even know.
Speaker 3: That symbol on the periodic table is a k fort science.
Speaker 4: Was it your chemistry was off or your chemistry? Jokes? Didn't like?
Speaker 7: It was so literal both honestly, and I don't know. I just feel like it was not clicking. I need someone that laughs at my jokes and like science puns.
Speaker 2: And well, maybe it just took him a while to get the joke, and there's a chance that he finally understood it may have finally clicked, and we can ask him right now because he's been listening on the other line this entire time.
Speaker 6: I knew it.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm just confused, so.
Speaker 3: I thought you'd still be laughing.
Speaker 4: Can you explain the joke to him so that he's not confused anymore.
Speaker 5: I mean, I get the joke now. It obviously took me a second during the date, but okay, when I thought I was confused, I'm just I don't understand that. She says we had no chemistry, but you know, you stay the night and we had breakfast and we had a good time. That just doesn't make it.
Speaker 7: But like that's that's just like hooking up. You don't need really, you don't need chemistry for that.
Speaker 3: You don't eat super breakfast. I mean I can't understand.
Speaker 5: That, okay, but we did have downstairs chemistry.
Speaker 3: I think Carrie is talking about like the mental stimulation, right, Carrie, like you want someone that can go toe to toe with you in a conversation more.
Speaker 2: But I think I think I think Eric had a good question, Like was the chemistry there in the bedroom.
Speaker 5: I mean it was, okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: Oxygen and potassium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the third or fourth time really really hits hard.
Speaker 5: Okay, I get That's just that's just weird to me, because like I feel like we were vibing all night. Obviously we had some hiccups, but we were still there getting along. And I even changed my my my handle on tender to little Kiwi. I mean, no matches.
Speaker 7: I don't get it.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 7: What's little Kiwi?
Speaker 5: What do you mean? You don't get it? You know, to match your name soft Apricot tender. Remember, yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Guys are both bruised fruits.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I don't think that really matches. Those are just like two different fruits. Okay, this is what I'm talking about. This is not like, this is not wait a minute.
Speaker 3: Behind soft Apricot. Then if he didn't get it with little Kiwi.
Speaker 7: I'm just like kind of soft and petite and cute, and I don't know, I just really like apricots and I don't think it's a joke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a little green, especially when it comes to comedy.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 4: I was just saying words. I'm glad they were funny. Then, now that you know we have the I feel the chemistry happening. Now I don't.
Speaker 1: Let's just try you do.
Speaker 4: At least in this room. We got the chemistry gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm seriously confused. Try Carrie.
Speaker 4: We'd like to send you and Eric out on another date, and we will pay for it. What do you say? Okay, that's a callback.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, Eric, I think you're great, but I just don't think we're a match. I don't think. I don't think we should go on another date.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I think that's I think that's iron. Is that iron and oxygen?
Speaker 4: It all just sounds like them. Well, we've officially made this the worst second date update we've ever done. Did you hear my jokes? All the there's no chemistry in this room whatsoever?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sorry, Eric, we we failed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I don't know. I guess I'll just try again and maybe stay away from the food handles or something.
Speaker 4: Things are going to turn out, okay, Okay. The fifth time
Speaker 1: Looking Jeffrey in the morning,