Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: This is a district Donald Trump won by twenty two points last year. The fact that the special election has become the center of the political universe, it's really a testament to the excitement Democrats feel after sweeping key races in New Jersey and Virginia last month and Republicans growing concerns about the president's unpopularity and facing backlash in the midterms next year.
Speaker 1: They are describing a special congressional runoff race in Tennessee, specifically the Nashville area, in which the Republican ought to win it going away. But there's great excitement around this chick. She's been and called the AOC of Tennessee for her left wing views in antics. Her name is aften How perfect is that aften Ben? And she ought to be the ideal Democrat for Republicans in a red face, red state to face that used to be the thinking. But again she's gotten a lot of support in the dude who looks like a great candidate, who's the Republican whose name is Van Apps. Matt Van Epps is the West Pointer flew helicopters for the Army Tennessee National Guard. Nice America First Republican, lower regulation, more freedom, that sort of thing seems ideal. And he's running against this aften Ben woman. Now, Katie, I'm gonna need you to be the judge because I generally stay away from people's appearances unless they deserve it.
Speaker 2: Okay, she is.
Speaker 1: Attractive ish, this aften Ben. But if I were at say a Nashville bar, and we are having a drink and a laugh and the light hitter just right, I might think that's a dude, pretty man ish.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to argue with that is a strong jaw, one.
Speaker 1: That does not enter into her ability to govern successfully or legislate Wisely, she's a freaking nutjob.
Speaker 2: But so yeah, you're not wrong. Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So she's thirty six years old, a former community activist the hell does that mean? And healthcare organizer? Hell does that mean? She's now serving in the Tennessee House again dub the AOC of Tennessee. So this woman is is also very dodgy with a press. She won't answer questions straight, and what they keep asking her is does she stand by her last her past public statements.
Speaker 2: Here's just a little sampler for.
Speaker 1: You a few years ago on the city she represents, Nashville.
Speaker 2: I hate the city.
Speaker 1: I hate the bachelorettes, I hate the pedal taverns, I hate country music. I hate all of the things that make Nashville barely in its city to the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the country. But I hate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, now she says she was just talking about all the tourists that make it tough for her to get to her house. Okay, how about on her state. Let's go a little bigger. Let's pull back to ten thousand feet on the state of Tennessee. This is an interview with the Tennesseean newspaper. And again, this woman is not twenty three, so we're not talking about when she was nineteen years old.
Speaker 2: She's thirty six. Quote.
Speaker 1: Let me be clear, Tennessee is a racist state. Racism is in the air we breathe, permeating the state capitol, codified in the legislation being passed. To the detriment of women, she means, to the detriment communities of color and the working poor are problem with racism in the state is wild and untamed. Okay, how about the whole defund the police thing. What's the proposal lettl dissolve the matt Nashville PD, she asked online. Or if that's not enough for you, how about this? She's nizzle. She tweeted this in June of twenty twenty. Good morning, especially to the fifty four percent of Americans that believe burning down a police station is justified.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, good grief. Yeah. So.
Speaker 1: On CNN's Inside Politics Sunday, which I wouldn't condemn prisoners to watching, host Manu Raju asked Miss Ben if she regretted making these remarks instead of disavowing them. She answered that she wouldn't post such remarks today because she has matured. She added that those remarks were made when she was a private citizen and not an elected lawmaker. But she doesn't say she doesn't believe it. She just says I wouldn't have posted it. The difference between now and when she made the remarks is that she since learned to hide better what she really believes, so she can't be called to account for it. And my final note on the Democratic wakudoodle of the day. Aft in Ben is this delicious note reported by The Free Beacon that she in the past called for white candidates, if they find out they're in a race, a political race against a non wait candidate, you should drop out of the race preemptively because there are too many white voices already.
Speaker 2: And I quote, I'm probably.
Speaker 1: Going to be trolled for this, but if you're a white man running in a primary with a progressive PoCA, that's a progressive people of color, I challenge you to ask yourself in this moment, is my voice more important? And if you think it is, your campaign is more about you than your policy agenda.
Speaker 5: Oh the white guilt.
Speaker 1: Well, then on the other hand, she found herself in a primary against a black dude.
Speaker 2: Haha, that's perfect.
Speaker 1: The only black candidate in the primary race who came in last place in a four way struggle.
Speaker 2: Ben beat him. Bla blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: During the primary, Dixie press his name was Vincent Dixie, which is a great name. Yes, he really needs to run a restaurant or a car dealer. Vince Dixie from Vince Dixie for anyway. During the primary campaign, Dixie pressed Ben at a candidate forum on how she would ensure black constituents had a voice in Congress. Ben replied that she has always followed the lead of black women and said she was grateful for their organizing. But Dixie then called out Ben for only mentioning black women. I just want to make sure you understand it's more than black women in this world that you'll be representing. There are also black men that need to be in this conversation, he added.
Speaker 2: But having already said that white.
Speaker 1: People should drop out if a black is in the race, she had to kind of narrow it down.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean black men. I just meant black women.
Speaker 1: Let's see, she posted, liberals listen to black women. Black women abolish the police, liberals listen. An other deleted posts, she wrote that she wanted Nashville's police department to be dissolved, supported a teachers union call that defunding the police should be a condition for schools reopening during the COVID nineteen pandemic. Wait a minute, look, she supported the teachers' unions, And if you've ever doubted that teachers unions are a force for evil, even as they're just trying to get wages and benefits for teachers, which I get. It's a union, and I have problems with public employee union in general. But anyway, if they only did that, that would be one thing.
Speaker 2: But they are evil.
Speaker 1: During COVID they said we won't open schools unless you defund the police. That's effing evil.
Speaker 2: That has what to do with COVID, right right, It's just crazy.
Speaker 1: So anyway, this crazy nut job Tennessee AOC is just two points behind in the polls. I will tell you that state poles tend to be inaccurate because the sample sizes are pretty small and the national polls are not great. But so we'll have to see if this l O la lola looking chick gets elected.
Speaker 2: Well that what another Kukola in Congress?
Speaker 1: Great Scott, Great Scott, the progressive wave.
Speaker 4: It's just I try to well, I don't try to understand it because I'll go insane, but the mindset of listening to her make any of those points and going, yes, I like her, I'm with her.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: These people have no capacity for rational thought. How dumb are you to want to defund the police?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you.
Speaker 1: Ask anybody in a tough neighborhood, a black neighborhood, a Hispanic neighborhood. You morons, Do you want more police in your neighborhood or fewer police? Oh, it's like the mins are almost universally more.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like the woman that was just interviewed, I think it was on News Nation actually who They asked her how she felt about the National Guard being sent into Memphis, and she thanked them and said, I haven't been able to leave my house and feel safe in years.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and now I can.
Speaker 1: It's been the story for well over a month now that Memphis is thrilled because Memphis has had a serious crime problem. Yeah, the folks in Memphis are mostly thrilled by the presidence of the National Guard. It's funny you haven't heard that reported in the nations media.
Speaker 2: That's odd.
Speaker 1: It must just be in oversight, all right, more to come stay with us. This might be my favorite headline. Major AI conference flooded with peer reviews written fully by AI. Controversies are upted after twenty one percent of manuscript reviews for an international AI conference were found to be generated by artificial intelligence. And we'll touch on that a little bit more later. Plus the big climate conference that happened in Brazil lately. I'm absolutely astounded at the lack of self awareness by the lefty climate change zealots, and I should probably be glad about it because it undermines them, you know, getting over you know, doing what they want to do, which is mostly ruined the economy and accomplish nothing. But you should shut up, you know what. That was harsh, and I apologize. You should more carefully consider your words, my dear. So closer to home, though, and of more immediate concern, given the fact that virtually all of us drive back and forth virtually every day, if not every day, a number of high profile truck accidents that have killed innocent people have brought the nation's attention to the fact that there are a hell of a lot of people who have commercial driver's licenses that not only shouldn't, but there was no effort made to make sure they were qualified. Absolutely shocking news.
Speaker 2: Nation.
Speaker 1: Marcus X Spinoza doing some pretty damn good reporting on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's been accidents that have really got the attention across the country, and certainly of Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy here and the government finding that nearly half, up to forty four percent of US trucking driving schools do not meet government standards at this point, and they risk facing closure because of that particular issue. Out of the roughly sixteen thousand licensed truck driving programs of nationwide, the Transportation Department says close to three thousand could lose accreditation unless they fix serious training and record keeping failures within thirty days.
Speaker 1: So nearly half of truck driving schools don't meet the standards. And I don't get the idea that this is one of those super picky, you know, hyper regulation things. I think it's just making sure these guys have any idea what they're doing. But this is a hell of a lot of truck drivers on the road, is we're about to hear.
Speaker 6: And another forty five hundred have been warned they may face similar scrutiny. Now that means hundreds of thousands of aspiring drivers could see their training and validated, slowing their path to a commercial driver's license. Officials say many of the schools were operating like quote CDL mills, offering quick turn courses without proper behind the wheel, classroom, beyond the wheel or classroom training.
Speaker 1: Now I know that California in particular, was wildly giving out out commercial driver's licenses to people who didn't even speak English, couldn't read English, and that's one of the very basic requirements. I wonder if the geographical location of these places is disproportionately in Blue states. I don't know that to be true. I knew there was I know there was a problem in Texas too. I'm not trying to leap to any conclusion. I was just curious final clip, and I.
Speaker 7: Think it's really taken, you know, a number of high profile crashes and other incidents to put a spotlight on training in our industry in general and asking the question, you know, are the are the rules or regulations we have on the books?
Speaker 2: Are they working? And if not, what do we need to do about them?
Speaker 7: So we are absolutely throwing at ATA that the administration is paying attention to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is.
Speaker 1: That's an absolutely horrible, horrible failure of our licensing agencies, dynamics schools.
Speaker 2: How does it get that bad?
Speaker 4: And why did it take multiple people dying for anybody to even look at it.
Speaker 2: Imagine if we did that with pilots, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, too many people would die too quickly. You kind of you get some recent Indian immigrant, for instance, who can't speak English, you give him a driver's license. Hope just self preservation keeps him on the road. But as we've seen the number of people have been killed because of that, that fingers crossed approach. I just it's such a multi layered failure. Not only are these schools fake CDL mills, as they called them, but any regulatory agencies that I should have been looking at it have failed until now. The trucking schools don't give out the licenses. You have to go to the DMV and pass the test, which is why I wonder about which states are doing what, who is giving them out like candy, and who is not. And again Texas had a bit of a scandal with this, so it's not just a red blue thing. I think it may be entirely. Look, we need cheap foreign truck drivers, and we need a bunch of them, but quick, and maybe that's just what drives this. I don't know, but it's absolutely shocking. Let's hope they've gotten to the bottom of it and no more people will die. Speaking of competence and lack thereof and state politics, we really haven't touched on this much.
Speaker 2: And do we have the.
Speaker 1: Tim Waltz Kristen Welker tape from Meet the Press yesterday? I don't even remember. We may have, but he was on and she asked him about the more than a billion dollars in taxpayer funds that were stolen from mostly Somali migrants. And of course there are the people from the left. It would be a mistake to demonize or immigrant community.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 1: How about we charge criminals with crimes. That's all anybody wants to do. But well, Kristen Welker, no, you know, Republican attack dog, good lord right, says to him, and to quote, dozens of people of East African descent have been charged, convicted, and sentenced for stealing more than a billion dollars in taxpayer money from government programs during COVID. Do you take responsibility for failing to stop this fraud in your state? Well, the model for the New American masculinity responded, well, I certainly take responsibility for putting people in jail, he said, before pointing to Trump the president. This president has cut a lot of inspector generals. He's cut programs that could help us tackle this on.
Speaker 2: Nobodys poor sentence.
Speaker 1: That's Donald Trump deflect demon eyes, come up with no solutions. He's not going to help fix anything on fraud. I'm just a regular guy.
Speaker 2: I was a football coach. Oh boy, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: He could have been our.
Speaker 1: Can you? Occasionally I allow myself to picture Kamala as the president during the disturbulent times. I mean, Trump's nuts, but good lord, Kamala Yike Simarta cum stay with us.
Speaker 2: Grab the podcast.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Perhaps you are here Earlier.
Speaker 1: Hour two of the show kicked off with an interview with the fabulous Mike Lyons or military analyst about the controversy over the strikes in the Caribbean, specifically the alleged snuffing of two survivors of a strike on September. The second Mike and definitely worth dipping into the podcast Armstrong and Getting on demand hour two from today. He made the point that look, this sort of double tap to make sure the threat is eliminated, whether the boat or the people, is very, very common in warfare. There's a little complication in that it's not clear that this is a warfare per se or terrorism per se. It's a drug cartel. This is kind of a new wrinkle on executive power. But anyway, that's the backdrop, and we make no judgment here. There are too many facts that aren't known yet. Mike was of the opinion that this was just a very loyally effort to get the Trump administration, specifically Pete Hegzeth, perhaps to hang a scalp on the wall by Democrats. We countered that there seemed to be plenty of Republicans who seem concerned with us too, But it's an interesting case.
Speaker 2: And we will not prejudge here.
Speaker 1: On the Armstrong and Getty Show, having said that the President is holding a cabinet meeting as we speak, and both the President and Pete Hegzeth addressed this topic.
Speaker 8: As I've said, I'm saying again, we've only just begun striking Narco boats and putting Narco terraces at the bottom of the ocean because they've been poisoning the American people, and Joe Biden tried to approach it with kick loops, allowed them to come across the border. Cartels takeover community, twenty million people, hundreds of thousands of Americans poisoned, and President Trump said no we're taking the bloves off. We're taking the fight to these designated terror organizations.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what we're doing.
Speaker 8: So we're stopping the drugs, we're striking the boats, we're defeating narco terrorists, and we're saying to you, may say one thing that drugs coming in through the same by seeing are down ninety percent, and I don't know who the nine percent is.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure either are because down ninety one percent.
Speaker 8: By see, we've had a bit of a pause because it's hard to find boats to strike right now, which is the entire point. Right, deterrence has to matter, not arrested, handover and then do it again, the rinse and repeat approach of previous administrations. This is meant to get aft after that approach. And I will just end by saying, as President Trump always has our backs.
Speaker 2: We always have the back of our commanders who.
Speaker 8: Are making decisions in difficult situations, and we do in this case and all these strikes. They're making judgment calls and ensuring that they defend the American people.
Speaker 2: They've done the right things.
Speaker 6: We'll keep doing that, and we had their backs.
Speaker 1: Good ye think, wow, wow, pretty unequivocal statement.
Speaker 2: There, and that's new that just happened. Oh yeah, that was the cabinet meeting that's going on right now as we speak. Wow.
Speaker 5: I don't know if the chuckles were a good idea. Hey, we've killed so many people we can't even find a boat to shoot out of the water.
Speaker 2: Ah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: People chuckled. People chuckled in the background, background chuckles. What are you anti chuckling?
Speaker 2: Now is your monster?
Speaker 5: I haven't heard anybody mentioned this that Trump really hates drugs, really hates him. He doesn't drink or do drugs or even drink caffeine. And his kids, he's told this story many times when they are grown up. First thing you would say every morning, no drinking, no drugs, no tattoos, he would say to his kids, just because he believes in that whole sales mantra thing you get into people's heads. Apparently worked with his kids because they don't drink drug or to do have tattoos.
Speaker 2: But he hates his older brother right to addiction.
Speaker 5: He lost his older brother to addiction. Yeah, and so it runs in his family. I think, actually, I think Trump is a classic untreated alcoholic. But as all the a or marks of that.
Speaker 2: But because you're alcoholic, that means because he doesn't drink.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Well, the way many of us understand alcoholism, drinking has absolutely nothing to do with it here right now. It's a symptom of something your Your brain is not like other people's in the way you interact with the world.
Speaker 2: And I've only had the one brain. It doesn't work so good.
Speaker 5: The best way to deal with it is drinking or something else to deal with the way you look at the world. And there are you can be an alcoholic and never drink in your life, is the belief.
Speaker 2: Of many alcoholics.
Speaker 5: But that aside, I won't go down that road.
Speaker 2: He he hates drugs.
Speaker 5: He definitely hates them and thinks they're bad for society, which they the you know, very very often are, and certainly the kind of stuff, the fentanyl and.
Speaker 2: Everything like that.
Speaker 5: It's hard hard to come up with a good recreational story about fentanyl, I think.
Speaker 1: Right right, Oh yeah, just do a little fentanyl to relax on the weekend after around of golf with my buddies.
Speaker 2: I don't recall ever, hearing.
Speaker 5: Helps me with my anxiety.
Speaker 1: I tell you what this is difficult, and this is a great case study if you enjoy wrestling with difficult questions, because the ends do not justify the means always, you know that very saying essentially says, I if the if the result we get is good, then that justifies anything we did on the way, and that that can lead to horrors, absolute horrors.
Speaker 2: So you can't do that. On the other hand, listening to Pete talk.
Speaker 1: There saying, look, we've got to establish de terrence because these drugs are killing hundreds of thousands of Americans' so on the decline, partly because the Trump administration the border at center, but still killing tens of thousands of Americans. We have a limited period of absolute going apass and telling these cartels, not the.
Speaker 2: US, you're not selling here. Yeah we know we're a great market.
Speaker 1: Yeah we know we got a lot of addicts, but we're going to blow up your boat and snuff you if you try. Well, it's not completely indefensible on a moral level. No, And it's been presented as just a given that because we're a big, rich country full of people that are so affluent they got you know, time and space to do drugs, that there's nothing you can do about it. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 5: And the Trump administration is saying, well, how about if you can't get the drugs. How about if you can't get the drugs, then people won't be doing as many drugs, right, And no, I'm not looking for the easy answer. I could make examples of you know, some things that would be way over the line that we could do to stop people from bringing drugs in a machine gun anybody who steps across the border.
Speaker 1: That would take care of it. No, we can't do that. It's too horrible, horrible, But this is a tough one.
Speaker 2: I don't like. This is kind of a pet peeve of mine.
Speaker 1: But designated terrorist organizations the word terrorist is now completely meaningless. It's like fascist from the left. Fascist just means anybody I don't like. I think terrorist just means any organization that does stuff I don't like, that has a gun.
Speaker 2: I guess it's useful politically, but.
Speaker 1: I suppose you could argue that the cartels participated in murder and mayhem for profit, whereas most quote unquote terrorist organizations do it for political power or religious zelotry.
Speaker 5: Well, I feel like the media, including us in the country, just as a whole is being pretty relaxed about the fact that we've got this big, giant cocked mill terry fist done in Venezuela. Right that it looks like we're gonna throw the punch at some point, and we're not having that much of a discussion about do we want to do this? Do we want to do a regime change? Do we want marine storm on the beach there in Venezuela.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm approving or disapproving. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Do we want to do?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Tell me what I'm disapproving?
Speaker 5: Well, I guess then I would start a number of Yeah, I guess I would start with we should demand more, what's the plan here? And then a conversation whether whether we're on board with this or not. Right, it certainly looks like we're about to do a regime change. It looks like what it looked like in Iraq a couple of different times, or Afghanistan or wherever. That's what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Well, and back when we had a congress worth a pair of James Madison's underpants, they would have probably weighed in in some way. But now they're just social media influencers.
Speaker 5: James Madison's underpants would have been very dainty, very tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, a little lacey. If you hear what I'm saying, well, I dout know about that. I didn't say lay neither. Is there's something wrong with my mic?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, these are odd times. I don't even know what I'm being asked to approve.
Speaker 5: It's hard to get people's attention for anything other than I'm mad at Trump. I'm happy with Trump about some specific thing that's not even that important.
Speaker 2: Me did it, it's great. If Trump did it, it's horrible.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's similar to my AI. I won't start that again. But he got you know, people saying there's a fifty percent likely whod mankind gets wiped out?
Speaker 2: Oh well, what you know? What did Trump say about what?
Speaker 5: And the same thing with We're about to go to war with Venezuela and you can't get any conversation going about that, and maybe we are, maybe we aren't. I don't know what about the midterms?
Speaker 1: You know, Judy's out tonight. Maybe I'll watch Don't Look Up again. It's very entertaining movie. I enjoyed it. Fat Leo DiCaprio he went ahead and got Dowey and suburban.
Speaker 2: For the all I admire is played an uncool guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate a really good looking guy who takes a role that makes him look kind of weak and dopey.
Speaker 2: That is, I think that's cool.
Speaker 1: No, he's a scientist. You know what percentage of scientists are buff?
Speaker 5: Like? I know for a fact that like Steve McQueen, only took roles that made him look like a really cool badass worked for him, and it worked for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, this is neither here nor there, no nor anywhere.
Speaker 2: All right, it's just tough.
Speaker 1: These are the moral questions that I enjoyed wrestling with because they're no easy answers. You cannot if somebody is because a lot of these people are just guys in Venezuela. They're fishermen. They got a little family business. They're a laborer or whatever, but they're pretty good with a boat, and they're hired often as a navigator or what's one of the other jobs I was reading about the different jobs on the boat. These guys don't make a lot of money by our standards, but they make a lot of money by their standards. Just for like being the guy to hold onto the cocaine. And oh, one of the main roles is you got to keep the engines fueled because they go through a lot of fuel because they're running hot like crazy.
Speaker 2: You'd be terrified fast on the ocean.
Speaker 1: So these guys all they do, because they're good with an engine, is they make sure the fuel keeps flowing. And they get paid a certain amount of money for that. Now, if you blow up a drug boat and that poor son of a bitch is clinging to the wreckage, snuffing him from above, is that okay as the United States of America?
Speaker 5: Or is it not not running your boats fast enough?
Speaker 2: Apparently? Honey, you can't go faster than a missile. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do they hear anything? Would you hear anything? Would you see a plane? Would he be even aware there's a plane in the sky?
Speaker 2: No? No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially given the fact that you're zooming along at high speed on the ocean. You're slapping up and down on the waves, the engines are roaring.
Speaker 5: No, you have no idea you would just all of a sudden you just cease to exist, correct, And then maybe unless again, you're the poor sob clinging to the RCD. Maybe there's just everything goes black and loud and the next thing you know, you're bobbing.
Speaker 2: In the ocean. What the hell was that?
Speaker 5: Until the second one that hexeth the orders comes right then you're done. Yeah, well huh, I'd say, don't be a you know, the guy who checks the oil on the motor for a drug boat. Do something else.
Speaker 1: What if there had been cameras at the Battle of the Bulge or you know, one of the great military victories, would we be picking apart who got shot when and whether that German guy was trying to surrender or not. Cameras and lawyers unleashed on you know, the Battle of Gettysburg.
Speaker 2: Right? Is this just untenable?
Speaker 1: It reminds me of our discussion many times about the situation in Gaza with Israel. This is the first iPhone modern social media information war within a war.
Speaker 5: If Trump gets if the Democrats win the House, they are going to impeach Trump. Everybody seems to be an agreement on that. This is a possible possibly.
Speaker 2: One of the issues. Right. War in Venezuela, Mm hmm, yeah, I think so. Or whatever in Venezuela, maybe.
Speaker 1: Trump's just gonna go get some nice spicy chicken tacos for the Marines and then go home.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: He can text us or email us anytime. We will finish strong. Next TV News, the long awaited fifties and It's Stranger Things is officially here.
Speaker 2: Great. Yeah, over the week it actually crashed Netflix. Oh, everyone's like this season is so scary, especially.
Speaker 5: The part where I was with my family for five days and Netflix wouldn't load. That was It's interesting. I saw quite a few people were watching Stranger Things the new season on the plane when I was flying home from the Midwest. And the kids are also old now, you know, they had more than a season's worth of time in between several seasons, so they've grown here so much, and they're like still trying to portray him his little kids, and I don't know, I just don't know, Like the Sopranos used to do sometimes, you know, it'd be like three years between seasons and all of a sudden, AJ's a foot taller and got a beard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dad, I don't have to listen to you any anybody on the crew. A Stranger Things.
Speaker 4: Fan, I watched the first season and somewhat enjoyed it, but it lost me after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 5: I should get into it because when my kids were too young for when we first started watching it, and it was a little too much for them, and I should delve back into it now that they're older and could handle it. I thought it was pretty cool. It roped me in, but I never get further than the first season. Actually, there's a list out of best TV shows or something like that we're gonna get into tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Best episodes of all time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which I'm looking forward to. I wonder if some of them will be the episodes of the television show Friends, which I saw where they store all the old Friends videotape. Maybe some of you are aware of this, if you're into movies or whatnot. There is a salt mine in the middle of Kansas, which is where I was for Thanksgiving. I'd never toured this. I was aware of this tour spot for many years. Like a lot of high school field trips go there or whatever. I'd never gone.
Speaker 2: I took the boys.
Speaker 5: So it's a salt mine way way underground that has for whatever reasons with it's something to do with the temperature staying the same and the lack of humidity. They store old documents and film and stuff there because it will not deteriorate at all. Like all the old episodes of Johnny Carson, the original film of the Wizard of Oz is down there, All the episodes of Friends that are on film are down there because they can't deteriorate with the perfect just the right amount of humidity and temperature being exactly the same down there. It's kind of interesting and it's enormous. The salt mine. I've got to go down on the salt mines. It's two hundred miles long and one hundred and twenty miles wide.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's how big it hits.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, when nothing deteriorates down there, So they have all the they started going down there in the nineteen twenties, and all the garbage going back to the nineteen twenties is still down there, and they have it in a pile. And you can see all these old fast food wrappers and coke bottles and cigarette boxes and stuff like that. All the garbage is still there. It looks exactly like if it was thrown out yesterday. Kind of a surprise aspect of the tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah it really is.
Speaker 7: And now final faults with Armstrong and getting engage.
Speaker 5: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: How about a final thought from everybody on the crew.
Speaker 1: To wrap up the show. There is Michael Angelow pressing the buttons in the control room. Michael final thought.
Speaker 2: You know you mentioned the Wizard of Oz in that list. Jack, I still have not seen that movie. What I know, I just haven't gotten around to seeing it.
Speaker 5: I don't like it because it insists upon itself.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, and I vomited. Katie Greener esteemed and use woman as a final thought.
Speaker 2: Katie, we were talking.
Speaker 4: About supplements earlier and kind of the damage they can do. Just keep an eye out if you're one of those people that chases supplements on like Amazon.
Speaker 2: Be careful. Oh oh yeah, yeah, it's so funny. Jack. A final thought for us.
Speaker 5: I got more stories about being down in that salt mine. I might have to put them into the One More Thing podcast. A couple of really interesting things, including dead Burrows.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned dead Burrows. Yes, good lord. My final thoughts. He is a little self grandizing. I think that discussion we had about inflation an hour three of the show is absolutely absolutely worth going back and grabbing via podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. The fact that inflation is not a rise in prices. That's what inflation causes it. Inflation is increasing the currency supply. It seems like a distinction without a difference, but it's important.
Speaker 2: Check out segment.
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people, thanks so a little time. Go to Armstrong and Getdy dot com pick up some ang swag. Another thought on that in a moment or two, tramp is a note something we ought to be talking about. You want to weigh in on topic? Mail bag at Armstrong in Getty dot com. Check out the hotlinks a.
Speaker 5: Couple of developing stories, including this whole striking on the Venezuelan boat. We'll have the latest tomorrow.
Speaker 2: God bless America.
Speaker 4: Armstrong in Getti Christless shopping.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's so tough, but the Ang superstar.
Speaker 1: Has all the right stuff.
Speaker 2: Start shopping. Can get your Christmas right.
Speaker 5: I mean that friend of Ang will love you all on Christmas night. Shut now, I'm Strong and Geddy dot com shot now and I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Dot com. Armstrong and Getty