Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock mover's report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's go to some of the individual gainers, if I may. We talked about crypto getting a bounce back here in today's session. A couple of names benefiting as a result. Coinbase actually your number two gainer in the S and P five hundred, Nawstak one hundred, up about fifteen percent here, so you saw gains.
Speaker 4: This had to do with President Trump.
Speaker 3: There were some reports from Politico that the President met privately yesterday with Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong, setting two people with knowledge meeting coming ahead of a post that we got from the President late yesterday pushing for passage of that market structure bill when it comes when we were talking about crypto market unclear what was discussed at the meeting, but we also had the President Trump posting about the powerful crypto agenda, and he talked he kind of criticized banks about undermining and jeopardizing that powerful crypto agenda, and he went on and on on social But nonetheless, you did have many names in the crypto area. Coinbase app fourteen percent, you had a strategy up about ten percent, and you had Circle Remain up about five and a half percent.
Speaker 4: I know we have somewhere.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to interrupt here. Software company Octa. This is mostly about identification management software. The shares oscillating between gains and losses. The company for the most recent quarter did a post adjusted EPs of about ninety cents a share. That's about five cents more than what the street was looking for. Revenue jumped by about twelve percent to seven hundred and sixty one million. That's also a beat The street was looking on average for roughly about seven hundred and fifty Here's your guidance for the full year twenty twenty seven. The fiscal twenty twenty seven revenue in a range of three point one seven to three point one nine. The low end of that range is the average of streets stuments. EPs adjusted three seventy three dollars and seventy four cents to three eighty two is the guidance they're giving. The street on average was looking for three point six six.
Speaker 3: All right, cool, we'll continue to watch that one in the aftermarket right now, down almost about two and a half percent octa, So we'll keep an eye on that one for you. Back to I ment to the crypto space that was certainly gaining in today's session. Maderna number one gainer in the S and P five hundred, a gain of about sixteen percent.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 4: This is after the company agreed to pay.
Speaker 3: Genovent it's a subsidiary of Royvent Sciences and Arbitus nine hundred and fifty million dollars basically to settle litigation related to the delivery technology behind its COVID shop that at issue essentially claims that Maderna had infringed on patents owned by these two companies, and so nonetheless, basically bottom line, the settlement really getting rid of a major financial litigation risk for Maderna.
Speaker 4: So we did see investors moving back into that one.
Speaker 6: The stock.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys noticed we talked about this earlier with the Avalon pernel. It's up a about one hundred percent year to date, still nineteen percent of the float short, but it's definitely had.
Speaker 4: Quite a bounce back. Still way off from its post COVID levels.
Speaker 3: And then I just want to mention Ross Stores this one too, rallying about eight percent in today's session. This after the company off price apparel and home accessories retailer reported comp sales growth for the fourth quart of nine percent, so that easily beat the consensus growth estimate of just under five percent. So we did see some upbeat Telsey Analystina Telsey upgrading the stock to outperform from market perform and raise the price target to two forty from two to twenty stack closing it to thirteen and change in the Wednesday trade.
Speaker 5: Tim All right, let's go to some of the decliners on the day today. I want to start with the Mosaic Company, down two point nine percent. This was a late mover after we learned the Justice Department's investigating several leading producers of commercial fertilizers, Mosaic among them, for possible civil and criminal antitrust violations. The brobe examining companies pricing practices and the mistigations in the early stages, and being run out of the doj ANTI Trust Division's Chicago office. Mosaic down by two point nine percent. Brown Foreman among the worst performers in the S and P five hundred day on a percentage basis, down close to seven percent. You know what they make Romain, Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: I'm a fine customer of.
Speaker 5: Theirs, the Hera Dura Tequila or the Jack Daniels.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that first one you said there, I love you accent.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: The company actually reported quarterly results. That's their past estimates. The problem, though, was the executives who flagged stubborn weakness in the US spirits market. The company's conference call CEO said that while performance has improved in the US quote, it's still not great. I do not want to declare that it's bottomed out, but over the last couple of months, the numbers have improved. This is according to Laws and Whiting, the company's CEO. Okay, do you have time for a couple more guys?
Speaker 6: Don't Eagle?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, breaking, go ahead with the break.
Speaker 6: When it comes to the earnings front, fourth quarter net revenue actually beating estimates. When it comes to American Eagle, that's number coming in for net revenue at one point sixty seven billion dollars for the fourth quarter. The estimate had been for one point seven four billion dollars, so a slight beat there. Meanwhile, you take a look at some of the expectations. They see first quarter operating income between twenty million dollars to twenty five million dollars. The estimate had been for fifteen million dollars. Here, looking for some more numbers, but twenty twenty seven, twenty twenty seven capex seen between two hundred and fifty million to two hundred and sixty million dollars. The estimate had been actually for more than four hundred million dollars, so below expectations.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 6: You can see the stock higher by about seven points six percent, so clearly traders cheering this in the after hours, though this stock down more than fifteen percent year today through today's close.
Speaker 3: All right, what really goes well with that tequila that Tim pronounced so eloquently. It's some cracker barrel, and that stock is definitely right in the aftermarket, up about five point two percent.
Speaker 4: It's been on a tear. It's up about twenty percent so far in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Let's go to it. Second quarter just at EPs twenty five cents a year. That compares with an expected and estimated loss of twenty seven cents a year, so we'll make sure that that number is on the That seems like quite a turnaround company. Also talking about the fiscal year, justed even a eighty five million to one hundred million. It had seen seventy two one hundred and ten million, So bringing that one in a little bit. Second quarter revenue eight hundred and seventy four point eight million, folks, that is a beat eight hundred and sixty eight point nine billion, And again an outlook for revenue for fiscal year.
Speaker 4: For the fiscal year.
Speaker 3: Three point twenty four billion to three point twenty seven billion, had seen three point two to three point three So nonetheless, investors like it. It's up about six percent. So again, maybe with that tequila it might go.
Speaker 6: Bow all right, cracker barrel margarita. I could get behind that. Really yeah, why not?
Speaker 4: I guess so margarita is a margarita. Yes, now a tequila.
Speaker 2: Aren't you a snob? Wait?
Speaker 4: Come on, you know you know it's true.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.