Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some stocks in the move today.
Speaker 3: Lisa Matteo, I'm going PepsiCo, that's what we're starting. Okay, so its series have been up as much as one percent quarterly revenue, earnings beat expectations. But it's not just soda, right, it's Dorrito's, it's Lay's chips. So they're seeing an improvement in that category. That's the salty snacks. There's a lot of people like my favorite chip, Yes is the Freedom the Freaeda. Okay, I guess number one on my listen. You know on my Mount Rushmore there a rich safety that's on a Mount Rushmore of chips. People like to put them in their sandwich. Did you know that? It's it's a thing of Fred's in the sandwich. But they cut prices and that really helped them out as much as fifteen percent across those key brands, and with a lot of pressure from Eliot Investment Management to to cut those prices.
Speaker 2: We saw a unit pick up out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so they're starting to.
Speaker 2: Say, folks, I mean Mateo's killing it. Alexis wouldn't have done that. You know what I was thinking, the price theory of revenue dynamics is underplayed.
Speaker 3: Continued, Yeah, they also have Gatoray. Did you know Pepsi also has that too, So they're working to remove those artificial colors. Yes, they're makinghouse, they do, but the low sugar version. Okay, next, Okay, I gotta go with Netflix. I mean the shares have been a little you know, changed before before they open there. Their report comes out after the clothes, but it's the first time they're getting this report since it walked away from trying to brother to acquire Warner Brothers Discovery. This is interesting data from Bloomberg. It says Wall Street expects Netflix to report a fifteen percent increase in revenue, a fourteen percent jump and adjusted earnings per year. You guys had Githa Rounganath and she was on earlier. She was saying those live events also key. They're looking out for their advertising business. So if you go to Bloomberg and Intelligence, they're saying that advertising Netflix their fastest growing They predicted to rise to ten billion by twenty third.
Speaker 2: They're going to surveillance intelligence. How upset are you about the price increase at Netflix.
Speaker 3: Line I was getting there, it's now twenty bucks. But the thing is Lucas Shaw had in his newsletter just the other weekend saying, how if people continue to pay it, like me who continues to pay it, they're going to keep raising the price.
Speaker 2: Lucas Shaw. In our next hour, folks, we've extended that conversation out Lisa. Continue here with the brilliant stock movers.
Speaker 3: Brilliant stock movers. Okay, we'll go to Chinese e commerce company Ali Baba okay in the US sticker he loves it. Bnba in the US off about three percent. So they're expanding their products, right. They want to challenge Tenson, and that's what they're doing. So they came out with this new AI model. So you got to throw the tech in there. It can be used to develop games, generate videos, simulate the real world. It's called Happy Oyster. Okay, that's the name of it. It's going to be used. It could produce films, video content, games, all of that. It was developed by their own business unit, Alibaba Toknhub. But they have this target. They want to quinntuple annual cloud AI revenue up to a one hundred and billion in about five years, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: If they can do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, I'll hit US Bank Corp. Because we didn't touch on that before. Because of everything you're solve them. The shares writing about one percent first quarter profit beat us sim it's CEO kind of she's running out her first year, right, she's leading the largest regional bank boosting its stock too, So that kind of helped with the shares dip down a little bit. But now I started to come back up again.
Speaker 1: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.