Speaker 1: Check check, check check.
Speaker 2: Is this thing working? Looks like it is this recording? Is this the inaugural this?
Speaker 3: No, this is the second serial Killers from this building. This is the first. This is the first serial Killers in this studio, which is my studio.
Speaker 1: It's the debut.
Speaker 3: It is the debut. So let's play this. Let's play this. Wait, we have to do this.
Speaker 1: This is the podcast ever and Jefferies, let's do this.
Speaker 3: Let's do this. Wait to play.
Speaker 4: Don't leave cereal with your hand.
Speaker 3: If you guys hate when you hand jam.
Speaker 4: Man eat cereal and your milk is cold.
Speaker 3: They can't hear you. It's really loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nate, Cereal?
Speaker 1: Is it over yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay, it's over. It's over. So welcome to serial Killers. Andrew decided he could not be here today.
Speaker 2: I'm your pseudo serial killer, Nate. Hey, how you doing. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 3: This is actually gonna be a really exciting episode. And Andrew is going to be super pissed off that he couldn't be here today because of what we're about to eat a lot.
Speaker 1: Of changes too.
Speaker 2: If you're watching this, we have clear cups. This way we can see what we eat. I feel like you start you start eating with your eyes right.
Speaker 3: You do. And I'm also not sure how the video is going to be because I'm just doing it on my iPhone.
Speaker 1: This almost looks like we're in some sort of jail cell.
Speaker 3: But right, this is just awful. I need my cereals behind me.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, good luck with that.
Speaker 3: Who's got me? Let me ask you if I put shelving units up there and put boxes of cereal, who's coming in and saying, oh no, so far there's been no studio police.
Speaker 1: You see, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think you know, when the studio police walks around. He will walk around at some point and then someone will take a note.
Speaker 3: Oh it's he has he been around yet at all?
Speaker 2: I don't think he is in town to walk around and then write a note that gets past you from somebody like our.
Speaker 3: Bosses got it? Got it anyway? So let me apologize right now for no bowl chat this previous Wednesday. You have to understand things have just been kind of out of control with the new studio moves, and none of our boxes get upset. There are people that are like, no bull chat, you know, and oh hey Elvis, oh.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Elvis. What are you all doing?
Speaker 3: We're doing serial killers here. It's too bad because Elvis would really love this cereal. Today. There's lots of new cereals on the horizon. We're gonna do two brand new cereals today.
Speaker 2: Wait on the horizon. We like sailing around in a sea of milk with the ocular?
Speaker 3: Were the capt'n and you're my matey? That c ap apostrophe en, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 1: Was there a sub mask up for captain? Oh?
Speaker 3: There were lots there was. There was that elephant, and there was that crazy guy from Crunchberries. I forget there. Horace was one of them, or Hugly or something. They all have these dumb names from the sixties. Okay, yeah, so all right, anyway, I'm gonna go down to the cereal sack and pick these out. Got these at stopping shop, and I'm very excited for these because it's not very often that a new variety of these comes out. Oh then again, last year there were two or three different ones, but this is completely different.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. This excited, No, I am to reach into the old cereal sacks.
Speaker 3: Are you a fan of pebble cereals? Here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, as a child, as I as I've gotten older, I've just learned how to eat it faster because I didn't like how soggy the pebbles would get. I see I do. I gotta have some crunch to my cereal. All right, well here comes some crunch. These are pebbles with crunch. Okay, you're ready bring it. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: Hence the name pebbles crunched.
Speaker 1: Oh see, Oh my god, they read my mind.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's fruity and coco pebbles crunched. And these are puffed pieces. These are not your little rice pieces. So these are big old puffed pieces.
Speaker 1: And it is playing it. They didn't have electricity back then. Why does he have an electric guitar?
Speaker 3: Is it electric?
Speaker 1: That's an electric guitar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's no there's no plug in it. They've got although Wilma, Wilma has a microphone with a wire, but that could just be some like hollow hose or something like that.
Speaker 2: See pebbles has that actual acoustic What is that a ukulele?
Speaker 1: Yes, and Fred's only got two strings on that guitar.
Speaker 3: Well you know, uh so do you want to go? Coco? Or fruity first, I would still start with a fruity. That's weird because the guitar he's playing on the front has won two three strings. Oh and look at Barney. Look at Barney.
Speaker 1: He's playing that thing that the Nerds played and Revenge of the Nerds. You remember that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, they were wearing those yellow they were wearing those yellow things. You know we did that in our senior play. It was really interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so let's box into a speaker. Wow, I see what it is. So this box turns into a speaker, just like you know, if you take your phone and put into a glass echoes.
Speaker 3: It's cardboard though, yeah, but it'll echo. That's interesting. Ask an adult to help cutting this area out. Wait answers on the bottom flap, answers to what are their questions somewhere? How many star shapes are in this scene? I'm not counting all.
Speaker 1: That which guitar wire goes to this?
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, A, B and C. It's like a maze. All right. So there's some stuff on here which.
Speaker 1: Two musical notes are exactly the same.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Oh, anyway, well, these.
Speaker 2: Distinctly remember the back of the cereal boxes being slightly more challenging than.
Speaker 3: This, and there was also free stuff in there. Bonnie my pebbles. Sorry, oh goodness, these are okay, So some of these are multi colored.
Speaker 2: Barney and uh Fred were swingers, like do you think they swung with the uh the rubbles?
Speaker 1: Do you think the flintstones swung?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I think maybe they touch each other's knobs every once in a while. I don't know. At the water, No, and where they were with the grand Pooba would come with the big hat.
Speaker 2: Where's the great kazoo? Hey, dumb, dumb, nobody gets any of these. I The Flintstones is still on on Sunday mornings. I watched The Flintstones. Yes, it's on me TV. I don't know if I don't know if we get that across the country.
Speaker 3: Smell like it spells like fruit loops. It's basically no, I'm sorry. It's actually has a distinct fruity pebble smell. It smells like fruity pebbles and fruit loops do smell different.
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are this is but the colors are weird. The colors are off. There's a lot of red and none of them are really one full exact color. There is like a million map that red looks really bright.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm gonna go to the bathroom later and feel like I have to call the dog.
Speaker 3: That's the artificial in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this is not the red dye number five.
Speaker 3: Well, this is natural and artificially flavored. So all right, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Get the milk, all right, bringing on.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty three, Still no milk sponsor.
Speaker 2: Tell you what Burn Dairy. Uh, it's I'm telling you Burn Dairy. If you guys are listening, anybody listening, please send the milk. You have the best milk, the best chocolate milk ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like we might need like a national company though, because I feel like a local dairies can be like I think there are national I mean there's there's fair Life, there's yeah, but there's but that's a national I'm sorry, a national brand. Yeah, okay, you know you have fair Life and Horizon and whatever. So before this gets to soggy, let's do pebbles crunched fruity.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna try and get an equal representation of every color in my spoon.
Speaker 1: Here. That is a crunchy sound.
Speaker 3: It's good. It tastes like fruit. Will you eat it already?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: And I'm trying to get one of every color on my spoon.
Speaker 3: Hang on, it tastes like fruity pebbles, but it's it's it's puffed. It's a puffed fruity pebble. It leaves that same slight film on the roof of your mouth like regular fruity pebbles.
Speaker 1: Do not as sharp as Captain crunch.
Speaker 3: No, I do like it.
Speaker 1: It's not bad. See, I'm just not a fan of the fruity cereal.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm giving it four balls and a spoon. I really like it. I feel like you're not going to go quite as high. I'm gonna go three balls. Three balls, all right? Three balls.
Speaker 1: It's h And that's a that's being generous.
Speaker 3: See, if Elvis would have popped in, he would have given this five balls, because he's a fruity pebbles purest. Then again, these aren't actually fruity pebble. Sod of groan on me? Now do each individual color does it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: They've proven that they taste the same. Although with fruit loops, I'm able to pick them out. We did a contest one time, and I was able to say red orange green. That tasted like yellow to me. Hang on, where's yellow taste like lemon?
Speaker 1: You can tell? Hang one, I couldn't tell. That was milk clogged. I couldn't tell the taste.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is two percent milk, by the way.
Speaker 1: Oh no, wonder so good?
Speaker 3: Nice and thick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually I might.
Speaker 3: I might add now, I do apologize ahead of time. This is going to be a shortened episode and abbreviated. It's going to be abbreviated. Andrew could not be here today. He had something going on at home and he had to get out of here. So I just grabbed whoever was around, and thankfully was Nate, because Nate is familiar with the podcast.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: He's been here.
Speaker 1: Before, and I'm so happy that you brought me in.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I appreciate cereals pretty good. I might even finish this bawl do it? I see. I don't know what to do because normally we would take a break, and I don't have the little sound, So I'm just gonna say we'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: Dun doom, dun, dun, dun dun, and we're bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I cause I don't have Andrew's stupid man box with me. You know, the box with all the sound effects whatever, what is it? The road caster, road cast, the road caster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Andrew's been very busy lately.
Speaker 3: He has the flops manager. Is actually really doing a lot now.
Speaker 2: You know he I think, you know my opinion. I think he made a New Year's resolution to focus on stuff at work at home and he's really getting hicked done. I give him a lot of credit.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing is. You know, in the old radio station, he had a desk in this studio, in my studio, hour studio whatever it is. And when they built this place, they didn't build him a space even though they were supposed to. So we brought this little table in here, but it's just not quite a workspace.
Speaker 2: I think he's able to focus more. You're able to focus more as a result, I have to agree, I do.
Speaker 3: You know. It's it's a double edged sword. I kind of like people not being in and out of here constantly because I'm in the way back, like you have to. You have to make an effort to come into this studio. There's no fire escape from this room. If there's a you're dead. Yeah, I could scream really loud and people would hear me. Because the soundproof doors are not to be able to get you out right, I'd be trapped. I'd be trapped. Although I could crawl up through the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Good luck with that.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the videos of the people crawling through drop ceilings and crashing it through?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I've always been so nervous when I go up in my attic, when I when I the cotton candyate's up there, I'm always so scared. I got to step on the beam, step on the beams, and then my foot almost went through the ceiling when I was putting. Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And is that proven that if you step and put your full weight you will fall through?
Speaker 3: I would think so, because that's just a thin piece of sheet rock. If there's no beam there, it's literally a piece of sheet.
Speaker 1: Rock, sheet rock and some insulation. Yeah, I guess you probably would.
Speaker 3: I think that even if you just stem gently, you will fall right through.
Speaker 1: So I guess it really depends on that sheet rock, right.
Speaker 3: I don't think sheet rock can really hold.
Speaker 1: Speaking of sheet rock, moreb from bedrock.
Speaker 3: What's up? Sorry. You know, I have to say, I'm really disappointed. I see all our serial cohorts on Instagram all getting all these boxes from General Mills and Posts New Cereal. Here's what's ound, here's a preview, here's some some crocs, and here's a sweatshirt. Here's some swag from Pebble. Serial Killers nothing. I don't understand. This is the premier serial podcast. Yeah it is, and it is the podcast with the most reach.
Speaker 1: How many years have you guys been doing this now? Four we're going.
Speaker 3: On four years? Four years? Yeah, so what the hell? You know what?
Speaker 1: I think you needed a good PR person, that's what you need.
Speaker 3: He please. But I did hear from our friends at Multimeal, and we're gonna be getting stuff from them. Yes, it's the budget brand, but it is made by Post so whatever. It isn't bags, but you know it's it's they got some new We always bought Multimeal.
Speaker 2: Of course we put it in the Sorry we're here about it.
Speaker 3: You were like the guy and the commercials. What was his name? Oh, I don't think he had a name. The Multimeal commercials actually a famous oh an actor. Yeah, he would because he would crawl along the box them, because that's where you know, back in the day the multimele there was the budget brand and was on the bottom rack.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, this this smell, this is a very coco smell.
Speaker 3: Yes it is. It smells like cocoa pebbles, it really does. It's just that the consistency of the cereal is different. It's puffed, it's crunched.
Speaker 1: Crunched, puffy crunch. Okay.
Speaker 3: Do you know the back in the sixties on the Flintstones, they were smoking cigarettes and there were cigarette commercials like Fred and Barney. Do vaguely remember that Winston tastes good like a cigarette should. That was Fred and Barney were just sitting there smoking butts at the end of the show. Hey Bonnie, you just popping a Winston out of the pack. That's just that's so foreign to me. It's the same.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're old enough. Do you remember people smoking in hospitals?
Speaker 3: I remember, yes. And the thing that gets me today is you drive via hospital and the nurses are right out front smoking. That just something is not right there.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean there's a lot of things now, right, but.
Speaker 3: But especially in the health profession, you would think that you'd want want to be a showcase for healthy.
Speaker 1: People in the hell they could be addicted to stuff too, right.
Speaker 3: I guess. But it should be a stipulation in healthcare.
Speaker 1: But you can't be a nurser or doctor if you're here a smoker.
Speaker 3: That's right, You don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think you know what their own personal choice is their own. I would think they would have done the research that they're not going to be smoking or doing any sort.
Speaker 3: Of Well, I bet you there are some hospital systems in this country that don't allow smokers. Probably, now, is that is that discrimination? Probably?
Speaker 1: Definitely?
Speaker 3: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, all right, all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: The taste is good. I don't like the crunch.
Speaker 1: I love the crunch. I'm so glad that you brought me in.
Speaker 3: Because the flavor is really on the outside and the crunch just that's really weird because I'm a five ball all day on regular coca pebbles. Huh. I don't know this. This is not doing it for me, just.
Speaker 1: Going a solid four bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I mean you are right about the flavor. The flavor does vanish quickly.
Speaker 3: I bet you the milk is gonna be good because it's already turning chocolate. But I just I don't like the crunch of the cocoa one. Huh, it's very disappointed.
Speaker 1: Well what if you just let it get soggy? It is very crunchy. I will say that.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be, you know, as Andrew would say, controversial, But I'm giving it three balls in a SPOONO really, and I love pebbles, love them. I love all of them, except that nasty ass chocolate peanut butter one that we had a couple of years ago. Yeah, thing was gross, But otherwise pebbles can really do no wrong by us.
Speaker 1: Wow, Scottie, you have really just thrown down the gauntlet.
Speaker 3: It's weird. It's weird because the chocolate taste is there for a second and then just that you know, Andrew always likes to say that things taste like cheese doodles. It has the consistency of a crunchy cheese doodle and just doesn't have any flavor on the inside. So yeah, I for that reason, three balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: You know what, I might actually because now that you're pointing that out, I am just eating filler.
Speaker 3: Don't let me sway your vote.
Speaker 2: No, I'm legitimately doing this on my own accord because I did like the flavor initially. But you're right, there's really unless you just keep eating it. There's nothing savory about a mouthful of this story. Let me try the milk, all right, the milk, it's like it's the equivalent of juicy fruit gum. You chew it for about flavors gomy seconds and it's done. You remember that was twenty five cents a pack.
Speaker 3: You remember. Drink the milk, though, because you love chocolate milk. I'm gonna give it. I would give it five balls all day based on the milk, because the milk is delicious. But I think it's the flavor is coming off so fast. Oh, we're almost done, Andrew.
Speaker 4: I feel like I've been replaced.
Speaker 3: No, you're like, I can't do it today. I gotta go home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, because my non is sick. Nice jobs. No, I know that, but you're still here. I would like to try something.
Speaker 3: We don't have any more cups.
Speaker 2: We don't stock hold out your hands, we don't stop cups, and I want that one. Can I put milk in your hand? No, put it in your mouth and just switch it around.
Speaker 3: Put it in your mouth. Yeah, thank you. Yeah, let me pust some milk. Come on, studio, disgusting, brand new studio here, put this in your mouth. Open your mouth open.
Speaker 1: Get I don't want to watch this.
Speaker 3: I'm not letting yeah, but I'm not letting you rate it because you're not milking it.
Speaker 4: It tastes like a fruity pebble.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a brute loop.
Speaker 3: No it doesn't. It tastes like fruity pebbles. We have to go. Okay, bye, Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. As long as Andrew doesn't blow it off again, we'll see Wednesday for an all new bowl chap.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 4: That hurts.
Speaker 1: That's what we was saying.
Speaker 3: We just moved.
Speaker 1: So things are in fux. So some people are working.
Speaker 3: Remember last week when I asked you like three times to do bull chap. I can't. I can't. I can't nate how hard if I've been working lately. We actually talked about that. We listened back to this. He doesn't listen. He does not listen to this podcast. He doesn't listen. Can I win if you listen? Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I've gotta go.
Speaker 3: Now there's physical violence The code word is say something because I want him to hear. I want to say a code word. I want him to tell me what it is. Oh that makes him make noise?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The code word is to leave the room, make no just make noise to cover his ears.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, leave, close the door. The code word is Banana brothers. Code word is Banana Brothers.
Speaker 3: I want the code word to be Andrew's a dick.
Speaker 1: Secondary code word Andrews.
Speaker 3: So he only has to give us one of those, and then, yeah, I know he listens, all right, come on in, Andrew. All right. So anyway, thank you for listening, have a great week. Hopefully we'll see you Wednesday with a bowl chat and uh until then, say crunch everybody,