Speaker 1: But I invited you here, thought I made myself perfectly clear.
Speaker 2: When you're a guest to my home.
Speaker 1: You gotta come to me empty. And I said, no, guests, your own presences presents enough. I already had too much stuff. So how did you dare to surbey me?
Speaker 2: Welcome to Why I said no gifts? Why did I go so long? That's fine, I can do that. You know, occasionally you have to build up suspense, and that's what that was the big attempt on my part. I'm trying to make this a more tense show, make it more thrilling, have your heart pounding throughout. So I hope that set you off, and now you're in a bad mood the rest of the time. Ah, I'm Bridger Winecker. This is I said, no gifts, we're here. What's going on? You know? I was just absolutely boiling over with anxiety all morning, and so I got myself a coffee and we'll see where this leads. Yeah, what's happening. I'm still watching Little House on the Prairie. We're watching that in my home. I've got a big episode to recommend. It's called The Raccoon. If I cannot recommend an episode of television more than The Raccoon on Little House on Prairie. If you want an hour of television where you the entire time are afraid a little girls can get her face ripped off, this is the episode of TV for you. You've got to see this thing. You don't have to watch the rest of it. I recommend it. I'm having a great time, but this thing unlike any piece of recorded media I have ever seen. The work that the raccoon is doing, the danger that every living being is in on this episode is It's unlike anything I've ever seen or experience. So get into it. What else is going on Summer By the time this is released, I think summer will basically be here June. Summer's happening. School's out. What happens in the summer. We're going to the beach, We're roller skating. I'll be come September, I'll be in the eighth grade. So there's that. Patreon is still happening. We always have to remind you Patreon go to patreon dot com. Slash I said, no gifts. We're recording exclusive episodes in the backyard. We're having the time of our life. We're also doing bonus episodes weekly where I recap Secret Lives of Mormon Wives, which is potentially the most important podcast currently on the internet. I may have posted a picture without a shirt on you know, there's all sorts of erotic things happening on the Patreon not really, don't get your hoax up, but go over there. Support the podcast, do what you will. Thank you to everyone that's already doing it. And if you haven't already done it, I'll look the other way. Okay, is there anything else I'm looking at my business that I need to talk about. I tried listening to a sleeping podcast last night when I woke up at two am. It was too engaging. Yeah, it was too coherent. I was able to just follow along. And that's not a good sleeping podcast because then I just am listening. I won't even mention what it was called. I don't want to give them any business. Oh is there anything No, I've gone on too long. We have to get into the episode. I adore today's guest. Everyone adores today's guest. It's Angela Giritana. Angela.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with you. I've been holding my tongue over here. What's the raccoon? Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, have you ever seen any Little House on the Prairie?
Speaker 4: Okay, I used to, And I honestly can't believe you're rewatching it because I saw that there's a reboot.
Speaker 2: There's a new one. And I not to brag, I started watching it before I knew there was a reboot. It just kind of just, you know, something spoke to me. A quiet voice came to me and said, the reboot's coming. Get ready before the reboot ruins the franchise. Yes, you get into it. So I've now watched probably.
Speaker 3: Twelve episodes and The Raccoon.
Speaker 2: The Raccoon episode it is called the Raccoon, and it starts with Laura Angeles Wilder her, uh is that the name? Oh god, now I'm a fraud.
Speaker 3: Her origin of the raccoon's name racoon Jasper? Is it a pet?
Speaker 2: It becomes a pet, and then it becomes I don't want to give away too much.
Speaker 3: Just watch it.
Speaker 2: There may be some betrayal, there may be some heartbreak, there may be rabies, and there might also be a big surprise. There's it's got it all and this is all happening in the early seventies, and the Raccoon is let's be very clear, a real raccoon the entire time shut up, and the little girl is holding it close to her face. They've got the raccoon chasing chickens, They've got the raccoon fighting with a dog.
Speaker 3: How'd they get all that?
Speaker 2: They just threw the raccoon in front of all of these things and said, go for it. I guess, but I think it's like a partially trained raccoon must have been. But it's also well, maybe they're using so many raccoons. This This is where I'm always a rube, where I'm like, well, that certainly is just one raccoon.
Speaker 3: There's like three on standby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, and one of them I think is a wild raccoon, because how else do you get to chase to chase the chickens.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent, you need one that's like.
Speaker 2: A like that's ready to kill a chicken.
Speaker 3: And that can't be the one that baby the kids holding.
Speaker 2: No, because then it would have ripped the kid's face off.
Speaker 3: We need behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would love nothing more than behind the scenes of the raccoon.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a sneeze. I think it's because we're talking about a raccoon.
Speaker 2: You're allergic that.
Speaker 4: You know it's gone because I brought attention to him.
Speaker 2: But it's a must must must see. Uh, the rest of the series also, I must see, But this one is a good starting point.
Speaker 3: Are they each like Little Bottle Neck episode?
Speaker 2: There? There? Everything's pretty individual. They don't really flow into each other as much. You know, you learn of new characters as each Epichoes episode goes by, and those characters will show up. Yeah, but there's one character in particular named Nelly Olsen, who's the little girl. Look the rich girl.
Speaker 3: He ring, Oh, the little rich girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's an outstanding character, and I can't imagine they're gonna nail her with the reboot. It's a big challenge and they're not going to do the raccoon. There's no way they're bringing a real raccoon into the new series. It'll be a CGI raccoon.
Speaker 3: It'll be an AI ra that sucks. That sucks.
Speaker 2: Machine learning brings raccoon into Netflix. Yeah, So we'll see how the news then maybe it'll be great.
Speaker 3: You know, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on with you.
Speaker 4: I I first of all, the Sleeping podcast, I've been thinking about trying to get into those because I need sound on when I sleep.
Speaker 3: Do you need do you need something?
Speaker 2: I don't?
Speaker 3: Usually you're one of those good ones.
Speaker 2: I'm one of the good ones. I'm one of the angels, one of the.
Speaker 4: Angels that like your mom like probably like I don't know, like whoever puts you to bed, like let you sit in the silence. I had shit blasting like what anything. It was like all like white noise growing up like or just like anything. I don't know why, but my mom was like it can't be.
Speaker 2: Quiet, say yeah her sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or maybe she just was watching TV.
Speaker 4: So me and my brother, but it was like we were never going to bed without the TV.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds incredible.
Speaker 3: I know, but it me now like I cannot.
Speaker 2: Go to sleep, So what are you putting on now?
Speaker 3: So here's the thing is I've been okay.
Speaker 4: So here's the bridger is if it's too if it's too exciting, it's not happening, of course, But then if I watch, like I have to watch something I just watched.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, like within the last day.
Speaker 4: Almost like I was going to like I was doing like Sex in the City episodes, but these are still like literally fall asleep talk listen to her talk or like Seinfeld. But then I was still like, oh, I don't actually want to see what happens. Yeah, of course I want to see if they find their car in the parking. And then like it wasn't working. So now I'm like dark documentaries is what puts me to sleep, such as like the Karen Reid doc that's on that's happening right now about her retrial.
Speaker 2: It's just Karen Reid.
Speaker 4: She's being framed for the murder of a police officer.
Speaker 3: Oh, Karen, and I'm going to sleep to that.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is, but it needs to be like, it can't be comedy. It has to be like dark, like a dark Kate Winslet drama. Oh sure, sure, I'm right to sleep.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's the Pennsylvania one? She she's Mayvistown.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's a lullabytom Me literally a woman smoking like monotone, being like I've had this case for fifteen years.
Speaker 2: You can smell the stale coffee. And did you finish that series?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I loved it until we found out what who the murder Frome was. It was like the teen Bowl was the teen boy. I mean, we really gave that away. So my apologize to everybody.
Speaker 4: Major spoiler for an old HBO Max shew Mayrave's down.
Speaker 2: You should have seen it. It was excellent. She was great.
Speaker 4: I forgot that. You thought at the end, you're like, finally we learned who the murder was, and then was like no.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, it was like this whole thing was like, oh it's him. Oh no, it's him covering up for him. For a minute, it was just like, okay.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, we're done. Call it.
Speaker 2: Don't drag me through the teen boys drama.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go to this school. Well, now I feel bad.
Speaker 2: I just wanted it to be a villainous adult.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to be a stupid white man.
Speaker 2: Send him to the chair, yes, by.
Speaker 4: And now we're like looking at this kid playing basketball and you're like, he's misunderstood.
Speaker 2: Yes, he wasn't raised properly. He was raised in an atmosphere that led to this horrible consequence. And now we all have to look at ourselves.
Speaker 4: Yes, and now I have to put my phone down. Yeah, because maybe it was tech.
Speaker 3: That ruined this.
Speaker 2: It probably was tech. Did you watch the other show, the new thing on Netflix. Ah, the one take, one take Wonder. That's the show.
Speaker 3: It's a one take Wonder adolescent.
Speaker 4: I like one shots when it's like Broadway and they're like, like how it's it's like follow Jimmy Fallon through the dressing room.
Speaker 3: This not that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no, it's suffocating. Yeah. I wasn't able to finish it because you know, I was impressed. I thought, Wow, the drama whatever, bah blah blah. I'm just too impressive as dazzled. I'm sitting there watching this. I'm dazzled. I don't think that's a feeling you watched it off.
Speaker 3: I'm too dazzled.
Speaker 2: This is way too glamorous. No, it became very depressing. And also it's weird when they're doing these. First of all, I'm not impressed. I'm not that impressed at this point in time, or I don't care. I truly don't care about the one shot, the one take. We have too much technology to make it easy, first of all. Second of all, I'm annoyed on the behalf of everyone having to do it.
Speaker 3: You're so right, like, I'm not going to be impressed by the drone.
Speaker 4: That's flying over cares. I want to be impressed by the human body.
Speaker 2: Yes, show me more of the human body.
Speaker 4: I want someone to like hold a camera like you know, like shots of like a cameraman like running on their body and they're like that's.
Speaker 2: Stuff all, like which is happening? I guess during this thing because there's one guy, but it's I'm just annoyed on the behalf of everyone. It's like there was too much planning. Is it worth it? Is it worth it?
Speaker 3: It's you're right. I like it if it's like people dancing in feathers.
Speaker 4: There we go moment like like like like how.
Speaker 3: Theatrical this is?
Speaker 4: It's happening one time, but like a sad detective being like.
Speaker 2: Who cares truly unless somebody's dancing, unless there's a full choreograph number, just let's do several different takes.
Speaker 4: We had like a choreograph like earthquake, drill, come on, And that was the closest we got to an ensemble was the kids.
Speaker 2: No, cut to a different shot, cut to a different shot. I don't I don't know. I don't need the long take. I don't need the stress of being like, well, what if they don't nail their line.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's like, just cut, I won't even notice.
Speaker 2: No one cares. It's for the buzz.
Speaker 3: For that one Instagram realized all and they.
Speaker 2: Go, this is how we did it. Okay, well that was good?
Speaker 3: The show is it?
Speaker 2: The show stinks?
Speaker 3: I'll watch the BTS. I'll watch the Citicam guy'd be like, I need a water.
Speaker 2: This is a You should never be more interested in the BTS. Boom, there we go. I think we've really boiled this down.
Speaker 4: You're ever making something and you're like, is it more interesting to see how I made.
Speaker 2: This than depends on you have failed? Go back to the drawing board and make the show more interesting. I'm sorry, I'll say it. I've said it before, I'll say it again.
Speaker 3: Can people if you didn't finish it, well, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you find out kind of it's just like, oh, right, is things are horrible?
Speaker 3: Even if something's bad, I gotta finish it, you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've this is in the last few years. I finally just said to myself, you don't have to. You're halfway through that book and you you've hated every moment of it. Powerful stop just stop, what are you going to get.
Speaker 4: Because it's always I think it's especially when I'm taking some type of media that's got a lot of buzz. I'm like, I have to stay because it's some fucking moment. I'm gonna go now, I get.
Speaker 2: The bus right right, and then you'll be part of the conversation. Yeah, and you'll be able to speak to it, whereas I just have to kind of step back and say, everybody else, everybody else, have your fun. Ye oh, once again I'm on the outside looking in.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I'm actually full you guys, you guys, dig in.
Speaker 2: What's the worst thing you've watched or consumed? All the way through? Describing like that won't get you in trouble.
Speaker 4: No, one hundred percent. Let me think, Well, I like watching bad TV. Sure, Like I like I'm a reality TV.
Speaker 2: Oh right, of course.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if that's a response because TV's gotten too good, right right, But I actually don't want a lot of twists and turns. I want to watch like menopausal women yell that actually is like heavy?
Speaker 2: Oh that feels great? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Like for some reason, I don't know what happened, but like I was like, I actually don't want to watch comedy anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh, I want to watch like real shit.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, even.
Speaker 4: If it's like like the vander Pump Cast just getting drunk. Like I don't know why it makes me feel sad because I like, I'm a comedian and I love comedy.
Speaker 3: That's okay, but I don't want to watch something that's.
Speaker 4: Like, Wow, that was the best joke, Wow, what a what a series, what a cast?
Speaker 3: I actually that now makes me go, I don't know why it's actually so sad.
Speaker 2: No, I think that that's a common thing among people in comedy. You kind of are just like, I think you're ruined it for yourself, and then I think at some point you know too much and you've experienced too much of it where you like it's like, uh, it's a tolerance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or in my case, I don't know too much. Just is like watching so it's like, Wow, it's a lot of magic. Wow, they're amazing, And I honestly, I actually like it's so exciting to watch someone be funny when they don't know it, Like all these women and they have no.
Speaker 2: Fucking some of the funniest people alive on these reality shows.
Speaker 4: And they're just it's like a cheetah out of the cage. Just let it run and it's crazy. Yes, I'll watch that forever.
Speaker 2: Is vander Pump your favorite?
Speaker 3: No, I'd say Real Housewives of York New.
Speaker 2: York canceled, canceled, say goodbye.
Speaker 3: It's because they it's well, I've canceled Seinfeld too.
Speaker 4: If we took away Jerry and Elaane and we brought in I don't fucking know.
Speaker 3: Some other ladies, not.
Speaker 2: Even not even who are the Jerry and Elane of U N y C. I mean Bethany okay, okay, of course.
Speaker 3: To watch her forever. And Sonya Morgan.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know, Sonya Morgan.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, get ready, I'm gonna send you Sony stupid videos please. Just a woman, just you know, just a woman in madness, spind out.
Speaker 2: What So did they just go their own way or yeah?
Speaker 3: I think I mean at some point they get bigger than the show.
Speaker 2: Of course, right, yeah, and then they are focus.
Speaker 4: My theory is they all get the same lawyer, so that they all know what's on each other's contract.
Speaker 2: Oh right, the one most unprofessional lawyer possible. It's not keeping anything to.
Speaker 3: A Yes, it's like I Snapchad you pictures of it. We have no paper trail. That's what I think.
Speaker 4: Happened with the Jersey shortcast because I also love Jersey.
Speaker 3: That's a bad show that Jersey.
Speaker 2: Sure did they try to reboot it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're currently still in their reboot face.
Speaker 2: And they're airing the reboot Yeah. And the original cast yeah. Oh that's kind.
Speaker 3: And they're like married and sober and interesting.
Speaker 2: Any the opposite of what that show is a library.
Speaker 4: I know, they're like, look, Ronnie, he's got his whole life together, his wife. It's like, no, I want to see Ronnie like get wasted and like down a cinnamon roll in one bite.
Speaker 2: I want to be everyone to be on the edge of death, yes, just like someone could die.
Speaker 3: On camera in the early two thousands.
Speaker 2: In the early two thousands.
Speaker 3: That's a period.
Speaker 4: Yes, so I'd say that, sorry to be long wounded. I'm drinking way too much coffee. I also had an anxious morning and drinking a lot of Oh god.
Speaker 2: You're we're all just spiraling here, spinning out in the biggest possible way.
Speaker 3: And why does anxiety make you tired? So then you want coffee? Yeah, makes you even worse.
Speaker 2: It's a very poisonous cycle. I don't I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
Speaker 3: Right, Am I supposed to sleep? Well, I can't.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going to sleep. I'm gonna try to listen to a sleep podcast. It was about the history of time. I'll say that.
Speaker 3: It was the history.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting thing.
Speaker 3: I'm going to sleep already. Let me hear about it.
Speaker 2: Just the history of what clocks everything we're starting? Uh, you know Stonehenge? Oh, oh God, don't look at me. Look me in the eye and tell me you don't want to learn about Stonehenge and early sun dials.
Speaker 4: See, that makes me bored in a way that's not tired. I'm just bored and mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If I'm angry and I'm thinking about leaving a bad review, I'm writing a review in my head. I'm not going to sleep.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: You're in a creative space, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: In deeply creative space. I'm brainstorming. I'm riding down. You know, these little thoughts here and there.
Speaker 4: You're like, I would already too interesting.
Speaker 2: So stone Hedge, Wow, Yeah, it's uh, you know they have stone Hinge stone of a new nursery like a local nursery Stonehead. I'm opening a plant store near stone Henge called stone Hedge or that could be a hedge maze.
Speaker 4: I always thought it was Hedge.
Speaker 2: No, I'm second guessing myself, but I'm pretty sure stowed Henge, stowed.
Speaker 4: Hedge, Okay, a fun, fun bar, stud.
Speaker 2: Stud Hedge. And now we're so far removed from the name they do they know what Stonehenge is. Stowed Henge. That's like a luggage store or something, or or a storage facility. Oh yeah, stowed Hedge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I'm going too far.
Speaker 2: Um No, stone Hedge, Stonehenge, cheesez.
Speaker 3: You're yeah, we're kind about different.
Speaker 2: And I only got as far as early Egypt and their sun dials and.
Speaker 3: Was the voice sleepy.
Speaker 2: Kind of no more than you know, what have you ever heard in our time? That podcast? Yes, that level of sleep okay, but I could probably fall asleep to in our time better because they get into topics that become probably above my reading comprehension.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you're like, now I'm just barely hanging on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can barely understand what we're talking about. And it's like six British people with quiet, polite voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You want to, like, chase your tail till you get tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Like what are they talking about? Yes, that's what I need. I don't need elementary level history on time because I can keep up.
Speaker 4: Leave me in the dust, next one shot, next.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to keep talking about that because I don't want to give them any more press. No, I would give in our time more press. I think that's a good podcast. But there's something else I need to talk to you about. Yeah, sure need. I don't want obviously, the last thing I want to do is talk about this or bring it up. But I feel like it's unavoidable at this point. I was excited to have you here on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was so excited.
Speaker 2: I thought, Angela is wonderful. How could anything possibly go wrong? Yeah, it's going to be a perfect, perfect record. And then I'll move on with my day. Angela will move on with her day. No bad feelings. Ah, So I was a little surprised you look. I look at you as a professional. I assume you kind of know how the industry works. You show up and do your job, and I do consider you being here a job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you do what you're talking.
Speaker 2: The podcast is called I said, no gift. I think you're I would hope you know the title of the podcast you're coming to. I'm sure you've got emails, messages, so it's a little surprised when I heard you screech into the parking lot and I looked out the window and I saw you kind of trotting into the studio holding a what could not more clearly be a gift bag, this beautiful kind of brown paper bag. The podcast is called I said, no gifts. Sure, is this a gift for me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like a quiet confidence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a gift for you.
Speaker 2: Bridger. Okay, Well, I don't know what to say. Should I open it here on the podcast? Should I save it for later? No?
Speaker 4: I think you should open it now.
Speaker 3: I listen.
Speaker 4: I'm Italian. I can't show up somewhere without something to give you people.
Speaker 3: It just feels wrong for me to not have something in my hand.
Speaker 2: And I can say you people because I'm in a relationship with an Italian. I have a free pass.
Speaker 3: You do you have you have a single path? Yeah, you could do that.
Speaker 2: I do it all the time at home. Why can't I bring it to the office doing it well? Should I open it here? Yeah, I think okay, let's reach into the have to reach in.
Speaker 3: Yes, that out Bridger. I'm so sorry, but it's blocking your face.
Speaker 2: That's okay. I'm in control here. I'm allowing this to block my face for a minute. My face can be blocked. Sometimes people are like, thank god, his face is being blocked. I can finally look right at the video rather the coding.
Speaker 3: Where he blocked his face, so you can watch it.
Speaker 2: We're leaving all of this in listener. If you're just listening now, you can tune in because there's a moment where you don't have to look at my face. Viewer, you're welcome that you don't have to look at my face for a minute. But now we're gonna pull us out.
Speaker 4: What I painted that you painted this?
Speaker 2: Why? Why am I? I'm not acting that surprised, of course.
Speaker 4: How can you find the human brushstroke? And that it looks like it's it's always.
Speaker 2: Busy, looks like you printed ko, this is gorgeous.
Speaker 4: I paint a lot, okay, and my paintings never see the light of day.
Speaker 2: How often are you painting a lot? Listener? If you're not watching, it's a painting of a kind of an orange little person in a pink boot, blue pant and pink shirt. Yeah, kind of a turtleneck, short sleeve.
Speaker 3: I cannot believe I brought this.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I'm thrilled you brought this.
Speaker 3: I okay.
Speaker 4: So I love painting, and I feel like everyone is so good about talking about their hobbies and I just am not because I think when people I'm like, oh I like to paint, people think oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can stick on this for a bit.
Speaker 4: Because this is yeah, people are like, oh.
Speaker 3: Like do you post your paints?
Speaker 4: And I'm like trying to bridge that gap, but I don't think anyone's expecting I'm making like balloon.
Speaker 3: People like what is this? Bridger?
Speaker 2: Like, I love this. It's got a distinct style to it. This is like somebody who this feels intentional? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: So I recently moved and I've just been keeping all my paintings just in a big pile.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So then when I moved, I was like, oh, maybe I hang up some of my old ones. And I was going through them and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: There's nothing artistic, funny or anything about this?
Speaker 2: What are you talking well to you? I think that that's when somebody makes their own thing. That's I think that's a common feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but not like this, maybe right, I don't know, but I'm trying to get out there more with my work.
Speaker 2: It's hard. I understand that feeling.
Speaker 4: But I don't want to believe in it, and I don't believe in.
Speaker 3: It, and I'm not doing that in a way like when I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 4: Too scared of how good I am. This is just a balloon man with uggs on.
Speaker 2: What was going through my brain.
Speaker 3: When I painted this? I don't know. It's usually when I watch Bravo at.
Speaker 2: The paint Oh this is how long have you been painting for?
Speaker 4: I mean when I was a kid, I used to like be like, I'm going to be a painter. And then I think it was during the pandemic, I like or no, it was like a couple boyfriends ago. For some reason, everyone buys me paints because I say that I love painting so much, but.
Speaker 2: Then I don't. Really that sounds kind of annoying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so now I just have a lot of pain. Of course, that's my GID gifts. Just so.
Speaker 4: I got really into it during the pandemic when everyone was making bread, was making these little guys.
Speaker 2: And how many do you think you've made?
Speaker 4: I have so many, and I saved you and I didn't bring you one on a canvas.
Speaker 2: You did canvas?
Speaker 3: I have so many and those are bulky?
Speaker 2: How big are they?
Speaker 3: I have some that are really big, badger.
Speaker 4: I should have brought you a big, fat one.
Speaker 2: But you send me some pictures to share, Yeah, if you want.
Speaker 4: No, I think this is good because I went, how could I just get rid of these in a funny, good way?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Why not bring it on a visual Yeah?
Speaker 2: It kind of horses it out into the world. Yeah, little therapeutic in a way.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of just like, yeah, so there's another one this.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're you turn on the TV and is it like, oh, I'm bored, I'm gonna start painting, or it is like setting up the what is this called.
Speaker 3: The no, I'm usually on the ground.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're on the ground over like a like a ground. I'm worried about your floor? Yeah, me too, nothing underneath paint on it? Okay, there is paint on it.
Speaker 3: But now I've been putting down you know, like a cardboard box.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, couldn't get an easel, could I don't even try.
Speaker 2: And easel feels like a bit of a an.
Speaker 4: Affect, right, And I'm like, could you imagine this on an ease?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: Because if I got an easel bridgel, then I have bridger then I'd have to paint.
Speaker 2: Well, well, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Anyone that's stands.
Speaker 4: Anytime you see someone standing in front of an easel, you're like, oh, they know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If there's like a reveal from behind to the front of the easel and it's like a mass.
Speaker 3: It's exactly I want to do paint.
Speaker 4: I want to paint like a kid, is like getting busy work at Sunday school or something.
Speaker 2: I love that feeling. I love. Years ago, I had like a real craving to draw with crayons, and I went and bought a massive box of crayons, and then the feeling went away and they just stayed in my closet. But there was, I know, that feeling of like it's just satisfying. There's like, yeah, there's low pressure, the stakes are not that high. Yeah, and if it's a bad you can just throw it away.
Speaker 4: Or something truly like I want to do this in a sense where it's like your parents are like go upstairs and be busy for a second, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I just need to like do that to my brain.
Speaker 2: Right, But when you're for me, when I'm drawing, if I'm sincerely trying, there's a there's a fear that someone's going to see and I'm going to be embarrassed. Yeah, do you have that feeling?
Speaker 4: So that's what I tried to like lose lose during the pandemic, where I was like, just paint as much as you can right forever, and then you stop thinking, like what even is this? As you write, right, because there was no beginning idea to him or her, Oh so you just started or whatever. So I think it was in the middle of that pile during the pandemic where I had let go of the result. Okay, And if this doesn't say that I let go the result, I don't know what does. But that was a freeing place to be.
Speaker 2: Right of course. And so does this even begin with a pencil drawing? No straight up paint.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just going paint to paper and just just straight to white, Like, what.
Speaker 3: In the world, I don't even know where I began with this? Do you do art?
Speaker 2: Do you do? I know? I wish I could. I'm a very I will say I'm a very good doodler.
Speaker 3: I love a doodler.
Speaker 2: But that's only when I'm like at work, you know, like in a room and like just trying to focus on what's being said, and so I'm just do And now, of course the listeners who have said I have ADHD or to say, gotcha, look at there's another thing.
Speaker 3: Pull it another instance of Bridger having ADHD. There we go, we trapped him.
Speaker 2: But often I'm like, oh, wow, that's a great little drawing that I did. But then when I try when i'm just like at home, I'm like, it ends up looking like trash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially when you doodle and you're like, will someone see this?
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly exactly where you got to like do it enough, the Ira glass thing and fill the gap where you're like, just do it enough and then whatever.
Speaker 2: Do you name your paintings.
Speaker 3: I'd love for you to name this, if you'd like.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is Angela's miracle, Angela's miracle. See I uh, if anyone needs me to name their art that just came right, That came right out of me. And that was that, you know, And this is what I do a home. I just name art over and over until it doesn't mean anything to me.
Speaker 4: That Okay, Now I want to just give you all my art and have you.
Speaker 3: Name it all.
Speaker 2: It'll be my gallery.
Speaker 3: Angela's miracle that came right. You didn't even take a.
Speaker 2: Breath, not even a second. People are gasping. People cannot believe my ability.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll tell you what that is. That's Angela's miracle.
Speaker 2: So you haven't named any of them. You haven't titled anything.
Speaker 3: And there's another one in there that I'm excited for you to name.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's pull this up. Okay, Oh, I've already seen another thing in there, which I don't think is what you're referring to. But I'll pull out the first piece of art.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're kind of on both sides.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's on both sides.
Speaker 4: So I think I, during the pandemic must have went through a little painting boobs face.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's like this, let's see.
Speaker 4: So those are big boobs and then the other one I did a boob smiley face.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The boobs have eyebrows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what you want to name those, but this is uh autumns Autumns miracle, Autumns Knockers, a knockers miracle.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry, I'm getting in the way. I'm just was excited.
Speaker 2: No, we've got to start over. We've got to start over. This is September's Hall. There we go, and it's on both sides, so you get two pieces of art. It's a bundles hall. That's what I'm gonna start calling all boobs.
Speaker 4: Well look at your September's Hall.
Speaker 3: Well it's fall. Look at your Septembers all.
Speaker 2: That so quite a corn harvest. Wow, there are two different types of boobs.
Speaker 4: So that I think was like because I have I have things that are like on official posters or canvas, and then I have ones that are just on paper where I was obviously just practicing for something else.
Speaker 2: For a bigger project, for.
Speaker 3: A bigger set of Septembers Hall. And I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I think it was when like all the instagram are girlies were posting like like gorgeous, like maybe this is just my feed, but like like silhouettes of like women's bodies.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, I'm.
Speaker 4: Celebrating all types of feminine bodies.
Speaker 2: Boobes with eyebrows, And I.
Speaker 3: Was like, let's get in here and give it a mouth.
Speaker 2: This actually speaks to something that's always a that has happened to me too many times at this point when I'm doodling and you often start with the eyes yes, and someone will say often sincerely, they're asking are those boobs? It's like, I'm in a public place drawing. What makes you think I'm the person who would start just drawing.
Speaker 3: A set of you think we are.
Speaker 2: You can't imagine one other thing that someone might be drawing that looks to be too.
Speaker 3: I mean, I will say, yeah, my eyes in Angela's Miracle.
Speaker 2: Look like those are boobs.
Speaker 3: Boobs look like September holes.
Speaker 2: But again, if you were in the office.
Speaker 3: And you were like those two circles, you wouldn't be like, I mean, if.
Speaker 4: You're on the playground, you'd be like, okay, sure, Jimmy's drawn big.
Speaker 3: Old yeah, big old rack.
Speaker 4: But now you're like, those are eyes because we're in the workplace.
Speaker 2: We're in the workplace. I'll let you know if they're boobs, you'll see a lot more happening here. My hand will be shaking Jesus.
Speaker 3: My eyes would be like my eyes would be in front of my face.
Speaker 2: My job will be on the table, and you'd.
Speaker 4: Hear, oh god if I was drawing boobs. But I mean quiet because I'm drawing eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think too many people do that. The other thing that I get often when I'm doodling is oh, is that you It's like, what this is a witch? I'm drawing a witch. Why would I be drawing myself. That's a weird thing to be drawing. Suddenly you're drawing yourself.
Speaker 4: I do remember in early art classes, the self portrait was always a lesson in everything.
Speaker 2: Oh, now do a self portrait. Yeah, take a look at your seventh grade just awkward s Yeah, and now look at yourself.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is. Why would anyone ever draw themselves?
Speaker 2: I guess a lot of artists are psychos. Yeah, there's a lot of people that do portrait and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, this is how I view myself. Cool.
Speaker 2: Cool, There's no way you actually, you know, absolutely no way. Anyone who's ever done a self portrait has viewed themselves.
Speaker 3: That that way.
Speaker 2: It's a big love.
Speaker 4: You were being creative, you were being that was your hour. Fuck up, and tell yourself that when you made your face a little disfigured, it's because you thought it would be cool to think about yourself that way.
Speaker 3: You don't actually look in.
Speaker 4: The mirror and go, oh, my chin's down there like a Picasso, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not zero chance, zero chance, but yeah, these these do look like eyes or boobs. These look like boobs.
Speaker 3: I'm going back, and I'm like, I really should have just went full force. I kind of did.
Speaker 4: Like the I was like, I'll just bring like baby paintings, not like I should have just brought like a big old cad and I'll send you picture.
Speaker 2: Do you have an absolute favorite? Is there one you're genuinely like, I'm kind of proud of this one.
Speaker 4: I mean this one in a sense where I'm like, I'm proud I got out of my way enough because anyone actually wanting to make good art.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't do something like this, Sure they would.
Speaker 4: I think this is a sign to me of the freedom and like loneliness that I was, like, no one's here, and it actually doesn't matter what I paint like, Actually nothing matters because we're in a pandemic.
Speaker 2: It's so healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's.
Speaker 4: Why I think I like this one because all my other ones it's hard to look at because I tried so hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is everyone you can talk about that you've tried way too hard on Okay, a show.
Speaker 3: I have a recent one, but I can show you.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got a picture of it to show me now. Yeah, you don't have to.
Speaker 4: No, no, because I've brought it up because it might be the funniest thing I've ever done.
Speaker 3: So I simply got to bring it up.
Speaker 4: So I moved into this new place and I was my friend was like, you, my friend that's a designer. She was like, you need to make a Pinterest board And I was like, what are we in eighth grade? I haven't been on Pinterest in forever. I was like, can I at least make a tumbler instead? So then I was on Pinterest and so this this is a painting I saw and I was like, I kind.
Speaker 3: Of like this. It takes over this girl's hole.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, okay, So I like.
Speaker 4: How abstract it is, right right? And I think what I liked about it was I was like, I can.
Speaker 2: Do that, right, it's kind of like a horseshoe or a big.
Speaker 3: You or yeah, I think I just like how big it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right, it takes up so much space and it's kind of an Ora coral color. Yeah, okay, so you were looking at this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I'm gonna and then I was like, I'm not going to measure my wall. I'm just gonna buy a canvas that I think will fit. And I'm just going to do this in ten minutes. And who would have thought it would have been bad?
Speaker 3: Bridger? Are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: I'll be the judge.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's it's so sad, doesn't fit the wall.
Speaker 2: It's not the right size. It's unfortunately not the crux.
Speaker 3: Was it what that girl was? It's like a McDonald's red.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a very deep it's yeah, it's like a pumpkin orange suor something. And it's probably the size of it looks like the perspective might be wrong here, but the size of a pillow. Yeah, it's I mean, whereas that girl had essentially a wall sized mural. This is how big of a canvas is that.
Speaker 3: I'm really bad at to mentions.
Speaker 2: And you did this thing where it's a you put a little curve too. Is that to make it your own? To say I'm not a.
Speaker 3: You just like riped this woman off.
Speaker 2: I love it. I mean, I wonder what you like, what my feelings on this would have been if you had just shown it to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well here's the thing that we can You can stay tuned because I've doubled down and I'm gonna make it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna work. You're gonna make it work.
Speaker 4: So I've already I'm already like on draft three of it. Oh your kid, And I'm just adding to the same canvas.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it got bigger okay, like the.
Speaker 3: Three or the you of whatever that red thing is.
Speaker 4: It's gotten bigger. Okay, And now I'm painting over it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna crack it.
Speaker 2: But you don't think that just the size itself is part of the problem, the size of the canvas.
Speaker 3: But I won't I won't go back and get another one.
Speaker 4: So now I've turned it to the side, okay, and I've added another canvas next to it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So this is yeah, you are making sense of it where you're making it more purposeful.
Speaker 3: Because I was like I need a big canvas to make.
Speaker 2: That r right, that's it, and I bet that's expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I was like, I gotta make this one thirty dollars canvas work and I won't stop.
Speaker 2: And you did it ever occur to you, like I'll paint the wall or is that two high stakes?
Speaker 3: So I so I that did occur to me.
Speaker 4: But I was like, not with Angela's miracle dance, Like that's just scary.
Speaker 2: That seems kind of like it could be a life ruining experience. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just also, I I've always loved crafting and art and stuff, but I'm.
Speaker 2: So impatient, Like, right, you want it done.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to be absolutely done.
Speaker 4: I think the reason why I liked that original painting is because it looks like you could do it in an hour.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it does. It's kind of deceptive, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Where it's like then you start and you're like, well this, I guess I have to take some time and care.
Speaker 4: Even just like doing a first coat. I was like, fine, then it has to dry for hours.
Speaker 2: Don't talk to me about a second coat. No, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 4: If it's not there, Yeah, if you live in a city, you're not doing a second coake.
Speaker 2: Give me a break, Taxi, I gotta go.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm being so jokey, jokey anytime I put podcasts ear mote, it's to go.
Speaker 3: Here's your clip joke jokes. Taxi, I gotta go.
Speaker 2: Take me to the Empire's stake.
Speaker 3: I have a meeting.
Speaker 2: No any type of painting. Like, I can't remember what I was trying to paint, but it was something within my home, a wall or something, and I look up, like how to paint properly, and they're like, first, put a coat of primer. I'm like, well, I'm not doing primer. Nope, I guess I'm not painting or the very best. I'm doing a bad job. Yeah. Actually, now I remember I had to paint some brick in my yard and they were like, first of all, you've got to put down two layers of primer or whatever the hell.
Speaker 3: For a brick.
Speaker 2: I'm going straight to brick with paint.
Speaker 3: We can't just paint brick.
Speaker 2: You're looking at somebody who did.
Speaker 4: You a badass, and the brick took it.
Speaker 3: It didn't need a like a appetizer.
Speaker 2: And it's lasted at least a year, okay, and that's all you need. I could have died in that year, So there you go.
Speaker 4: I honestly, in this conversation, I'm like, why do I like painting if I'm like so impatient? And I'm like, my friend has her grandmother's painting hanging up and it's gorgeous and she never met her grandmother. It's like really abstract, and I'm like, I think that's when I was like I want to paint, because I was like, whoa, it's crazy that and maybe it is so fucking theatrical and losory of me, but I was like, this is cool that.
Speaker 3: She like lives on.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course, And I.
Speaker 3: Think like movies and stuff that doesn't feel like that to me.
Speaker 2: Will that all be destroyed soon, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Or like any type of comedy ever, I'm like, that's just gonna live and die that character or whatever. That's that's a joke that was for somebody, But like a painting from like your family.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: So I was like, I want to do that and have my daughter hang up her my painting.
Speaker 2: I think that's lovely. Your daughter's gonna have to pull a heist to get this one.
Speaker 3: She's gonna have to get into your house.
Speaker 2: She's just gonna have to steal from my grand niece or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because this will be hanging up.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course it will. Of course, this is gonna be worth so much, and it's gonna ruin your family. It's gonna tear them apart, and they're gonna be like, why does Bridger have that? Why does Bridger's great grand niece or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're gonna go like, was there any legal document where Bridger took ownership of Aara Angela's Miracle?
Speaker 2: And because this podcast is purely digital, no one will put it to physical tape, which I beg for. Come on, this is gonna vanish and there'll be no record of.
Speaker 4: No unless someone transcribes it, transcribe, publishes that transcribed.
Speaker 2: It's on vinyl.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a power of attorney. I don't know what I'm adding more red tape here?
Speaker 2: How many times do I have to hint that this podcast needs to be put to vinyl?
Speaker 3: Just do it, guys.
Speaker 2: You know you love to put a record on the turntable and suddenly.
Speaker 3: It's this, yes, or just a book of it, a book.
Speaker 2: A full transcribed book, beautifully.
Speaker 4: Beautiless for the podcast, so you can read it. Audiobooks go backwards, we can go the other way.
Speaker 2: That's not the worst idea. What will be the first podcast that's turned into a book fully transcribed book? Heartless? You know, I'm reading chapter or the third book and SmartLess, God bless.
Speaker 3: But we make a joke, a bridge of that could truly happen.
Speaker 2: There's somebody in a publishing house right now and her the wheels are turning. She's like, I'm gonna get in touch with the SmartLess guys.
Speaker 4: And it's the same lady who was like, I think we should keep doing like Alice in Wonderland and all those books and just change the cover art, of course, make them look old, and then you'll have SmartLess and it'll look like the Bible for your dad for Father's Day.
Speaker 2: The King James version of SmartLess. I would look I would look into it. I would browse it at an airport.
Speaker 4: Literally, and you and I think it's a it's a gift to give someone and when they're like, oh, my kid loves this podcast, so I got him the book of it.
Speaker 2: SmartLess boys, reach out. This is now our idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have it written down.
Speaker 2: We will sue you. Literally, we'll sue whatever publisher you get in touch.
Speaker 3: With, whoever they are.
Speaker 2: The ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna suit up. We'll suit up to.
Speaker 2: Should I get this final thing out here? This I've already gotten a peek at it I had to bring. I'm gonna set this up here so we can get just kind of boobs all the time. I'm on the podcast. This is a very straight show, got a very horny straight audience. Uh, okay, this gorgeous cake.
Speaker 4: You'd bring a strawberry shortcake.
Speaker 2: This is a stunning little cake you've got here. Why did you bring that? Do people bring food on occasion?
Speaker 3: On occasion?
Speaker 2: On occasion?
Speaker 3: I just was like, I think.
Speaker 4: Because this is like an like you sit together, I was like, I should bring food.
Speaker 2: I think this is a great idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just thought she was gorgeous.
Speaker 2: She's such a pretty little cake.
Speaker 3: It's so funny how we stopped icing the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a new It's the like, oh, let's see the roughness, let's see the reality of the cake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we like seeing the scaffolding.
Speaker 2: Right exactly? Should we? I wish we had forks or something.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I was more.
Speaker 2: On topic.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. I didn't know your diet terior restrictions.
Speaker 2: You could and I'll die on podcasts. No, I'm willing to.
Speaker 4: Die unless it's put in on paper. Put it on a vinyl when you die, that's.
Speaker 3: What they'll do it.
Speaker 2: No, we'll get into this.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I just felt I like, I like bringing people. I'm one of those girls that brings donuts to work.
Speaker 2: Oh that's such a nice thing to do.
Speaker 4: But I think it. I think it's because it makes me feel good.
Speaker 2: It makes you feel good. It's a selfish thing.
Speaker 4: For you, or like like in theater school, I would always like bring cookies for rehearsal, a fucking loser.
Speaker 3: But for some reason it just made me happy.
Speaker 2: So do you ever make any of the goods you bring?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, too impatient?
Speaker 3: And I hate I like cooking because you can fuck around.
Speaker 4: Oh right, this is where you and I are making No way, are you a baker?
Speaker 2: I love to bake. I love to bake. And it's such a feeling when you bring a baked good and people like it. Oh you know, I have to like really keep myself in check because my ego is going through the roof when people are showing my baked goods, really really stop it. You know they're good. I know these are great cookies. Yeah, that's why I brought them.
Speaker 3: And you're exact with your yes.
Speaker 4: See yeah, that's why I can't do that because I'm like, you fuck up one little thing.
Speaker 3: And the sponge cake is not a sponge cake. It's pudding. And that was a flour thing that wasn't a I don't know.
Speaker 2: See this is where but I only I essentially only make cookies, which I think there's a little bit more the only guy cookie only man, I make brownies. I'll make brownies, but that's a cookie bar essentially.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm like, I don't know what your order of operations is, but I'm number one brownie.
Speaker 2: I love a brownie.
Speaker 4: But then cookie, Oh then cookie or then cake maybe brownie cake, brownie cake, cookie?
Speaker 2: You love a thing in a bar shape? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think they're like, yeah, okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Oh look at this on Lisa's brought a whole tea set.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, you can cut the cake.
Speaker 2: Let's cut the cakes.
Speaker 3: Sorry I should have warned y'all or brought plates.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine? Okay, I'm trying to not pull this apart and throw it on the floor. Let's see here. Oh, very nice. Okay, I'm going to cut that boot. Yeah, I would love to try, but it's also got this insane little maybe pull the tape off of the thing. Yeah, it's got a little thing holding apart. Yeah. I don't understand what the need for the plastic is. I guess they didn't trust themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's giving insecure baker.
Speaker 2: Here we go on. Lisa is slowly pulling the tape plastic ring. There we go. Oh, that seems kind of satisfying. Actually, the big reveal gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous, Sorry about that, my pleasure?
Speaker 2: Wow beautiful? That is wow. Look at that stunning little cake. Gorgeous cake. People have got to see that cake.
Speaker 3: What's your cookie?
Speaker 2: Okay? My go to baking cookie is a chocolate chip cookie. I've slowly developed the recipe using you know, all the recipes I've ever used.
Speaker 3: How many years?
Speaker 2: It's been years and years at this point. I mean I started. My mom is a big baker.
Speaker 3: Oh she is, but she started with her recipe.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I didn't really start baking for myself until I moved to LA and I had one of those little ovens that was basically from nineteen twenty seven. Yeah, that you didn't know what temperature it was or anything. Cleaned it, yes, And now then that started in probably twenty twelve, so it's been about thirteen years that I've been baking and not the recipe. I would say, it's perfect.
Speaker 3: Can I ask off the bat? Are you freezing the no the night before?
Speaker 2: This is a whole other thing. Of course. The impatience. Yeah, I'm I will bake part. I bake part of it to begin with, because I need my cookie now and I'm not a planner.
Speaker 3: And my friends lives and dies by this, and we've had arguments.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting.
Speaker 3: She was like, if you're not freezing, I don't know. I'm bored.
Speaker 4: She's like, if it's if you're not making the dough the night before, it's not a good cookie.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I love I'm going to hold a knife for every episode of the podcast.
Speaker 4: I feel so casual with you with the knife.
Speaker 2: It's fine. You do refrigerating, it always helps, it always some genius. But this is the thing. A cookie. If the recipe is good will taste good when you bake it the first time as well. Yeah, the next day it'll be a little better. The next day it will be even better. The next day will probably be the very best. Really, then you've got some diminishing returns. And at that point, if you still have dough, you want to turn it into balls. Put it on the cookie sheet. Put all of them on the cookie sheet, Put them in the freezer for ten to twenty minutes so that they're hard, and then you can put them in a bag and freeze them all and you know.
Speaker 3: Later, freeze it as a unit.
Speaker 2: Freeze it as a unit. You can't freeze the whole dough together, because then that's gonna be a nightmare to pull apart. Oh yeah, but if it's in the fridge too long, you're you're playing with fire. Yeah, you want to refrigerate it. Those flavors are mashing together, they're becoming The sugar is taking on the butter, Yeah, the vanilla, all of this.
Speaker 4: See, now I understand it does make sense because I I have like a I have a bowlin aise that I that I've perfected that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Is a flavor thing.
Speaker 4: A long time and it took my mom's recipe and my granm and I figured out mine, and it's better than the next thing.
Speaker 2: Right, the flavors have all kind of teamed up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they've like we've met, they've stewed century.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we found our chemistry. Now we're ready to room.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I usually will make an entire thing of dough and then make one two cookies, one for me, one for my boyfriend a night, for like a week. Essentially.
Speaker 3: That's so sweet.
Speaker 2: How big. I think it's like, I think it is kind of like I mean, I just talk about it casually now, but I think it's psycho Well.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people do one cookie in the sheet.
Speaker 3: It's like a new thing.
Speaker 2: You gotta because otherwise I'm going to eat all of them.
Speaker 3: A lot of my TikTok girlies.
Speaker 2: That interesting curlies. I did it first.
Speaker 3: He did it first, writing.
Speaker 2: It's in the Bible version of I said, okay, okay, let me let me sl Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think I cracker open here.
Speaker 4: Oh you're just doing this to one half each. I've never seen anyone cut a cake like that.
Speaker 2: Boom, there's your half. Enjoy, thank you, and then for me it's just a sliver there. It is okay. Oh, I love a whipped cream.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 2: I love a strawberry.
Speaker 3: Take it.
Speaker 2: Although I'll say that it seems like they put some sort of sugar glaze on the straw strawberry.
Speaker 3: Jesus, we just can't do hy berry.
Speaker 2: Let it shine. The strawberry is one of the perfect foods.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try all of this at once, though.
Speaker 3: Oh this is a lot.
Speaker 2: I try to get this mashed into my mouth.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's you know, fine, we'll look at that.
Speaker 3: A fine strawberry shork cake.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: I should have sought out a really nice one for you.
Speaker 2: I think that's very good. This isn't another thing where like it's hard to say, but like contextually, if you had brought this and said you had made it.
Speaker 3: Then i'd have ye at gunpoint, yeah, you would have.
Speaker 2: It would be interesting to see what my reaction would have been. I may have been like, this is the best strawberry shortcake I've ever had.
Speaker 4: You know, are you one to blow something up if someone put along?
Speaker 2: No, But I think the context matters. I think to be like, wow, do you work? And yeah, effort? That was put into this and it's good. It's not disgusting. Yeah, I would have been dazzled, and I am dazzled. I think it's good. I love whipped cream, I love strawberries, and poundcake I think is decent. That's my big problem with all strawberry shortcake. I'm like, well, it's just vanilla cake.
Speaker 3: I love poundcake.
Speaker 2: You do just pure pound cause it's not asking a lot of me, right, it's just a simple vanilla flavor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a muffin, but dessert. And I think I like that. It is piffany and I'm not an icing girl. I like it. Not a loser.
Speaker 2: But you could just eat a plain vanilla cake.
Speaker 3: If it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's impressive, Thank you so much. I need a little little razzle dazzle.
Speaker 3: You need like a little swirl.
Speaker 2: A swirl. I need a chocolate or something like this where we've dressed it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's formal. She's got her shoes on and a scarf.
Speaker 2: Wow, but you're a brownie person first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's how it is. I'm just gonna raw brownie cake.
Speaker 3: Okay, cookie ice cream, okay?
Speaker 2: Pie? Interesting? And can you name out of those categories like well, brownie is a brownie or is there a type of brownie you like?
Speaker 3: See, I'm going just like the bare bones what they are?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Just a chock, I'd say, just like, Yeah. Not a blondie isn't a brownie.
Speaker 2: Blondie is not a brownie. It's a different bar. It's a blondie.
Speaker 4: To me, a blondie is close to a biscuit or a biscottie.
Speaker 2: A blondie is more in the line of cake almost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard cake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's old stiff cake.
Speaker 3: Or blondie is a thick cookie?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or a too soft cookie?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I like with brownies.
Speaker 2: I like the.
Speaker 3: I like them to be dense and cake.
Speaker 2: Leg right, I need it to be in a very intense flavor.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What's your what's that your top.
Speaker 2: Cookie of chocolate chip cookie within the cookie category? Yeah, I mean almost all cookies, all cookies, Yeah, as long as they have some type of chocolate in them. Okay, a lot of like like a ginger snap. I could never thought.
Speaker 3: That there's like a lot of fruit in cake and pie.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of fruit cookies.
Speaker 2: No, there are very few fruit cookies. My mom makes it an apricot cookie very good. But it's almost like a little pie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a mini little pie.
Speaker 2: But chocolate chip cookie cookie. Category Next is brownies. Yeah, exact type of brownie as you or a peanut butter brownie or a cheesecake brownie, almost any type of brownie, as long as I don't like a frosting on a brownie. I don't really care for that either.
Speaker 3: I kind of like a corner piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love a corner I could essentially as long as it doesn't have some something slathered across the top. Third for me, ice cream slash milkshake. Great, I love a milkshake. Fourth, I think is a tie between cake and pie, and they have to be very good because they're both commitments.
Speaker 4: They are you did cut yourself a small cookie like piece.
Speaker 2: I think you haven't finished yours. Is there something wrong with the cake? Ansela? You don't like the cake?
Speaker 3: The half a cake?
Speaker 2: Are you not hungry? No? Cake and pie I think are higher steaks. They're a bigger commitment and it's very rare that I will seek out a cake the one place I'll get cake. Have you ever been to Quarters Sheets in Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: Quarter Sheets Place?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, I was gonna say, are you talking about I've never had their cake.
Speaker 2: Their cake is I never ordered desserted any restaurant ever there. This is the one place that every single time they have a princess cake that is so beautiful, so delicious.
Speaker 3: That's a princess cake.
Speaker 2: It's you've probably seen one before.
Speaker 3: They have like a barbie in the middle. That's what a princess cake is to me.
Speaker 2: It's full of plastic doll parts.
Speaker 3: But have you seen those the barbie?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, that's a real thing.
Speaker 3: So it's a barbie. And then the cake is on the side.
Speaker 2: It's like her dress right now, that's a skirt cake. That's a skirt.
Speaker 3: That's a princess cake.
Speaker 2: No, a princess cake is like a green, like beautiful, like minty green color on top. Yes, And then which and I'm not crazy about Actually it's Marsapan. That's why I like it because it's more of a flavored thing. It's more the thinking man's fondant, because Fonda is essentially.
Speaker 3: Plastic and Marzapan.
Speaker 2: Is it's like an almondy got it stuff. And then it's got white cake, raspberry and lack cream. I know exactly what this is, and I will say a lot of princess cakes are not that good. They're too sweet, They're like too almondy quarter sheets. I think it's a husband and wife duo, and they are. The piece is unbelievable. The cake is unbelievable. And weekly they have a different cake, sheet cake. So if you can get there in time, you get to try this thoughtful sheet cake that's always interesting and fantastic.
Speaker 3: I'm doing that this week.
Speaker 2: Bridger, good luck. You got to get a reservation. This place is impossible to get into at this point.
Speaker 3: They should reach out.
Speaker 2: Reach out.
Speaker 3: I got cake and art for you. Just invite me reach out.
Speaker 2: No, the cake is unlike any cake I've ever eaten before. But so that's the sort of cake that I enjoy. Okay, a regular birthday cake. If I'm at a birthday party and someone says, you want some cake, I ate before I came, I ate cake.
Speaker 3: I had cake on the way. So for your birthday, you're not.
Speaker 2: I had some can it on the bus.
Speaker 3: I had car cake. Are you so for your birthday you're never? Are you blowing a candle out of a cookie?
Speaker 2: I'll usually have a cake. Yeah, you're like whatever and I'll be like everybody, does everyone else want some of this cake that some somebody thoughtfully got for me?
Speaker 3: I'm so glad I brought this cake.
Speaker 2: I liked it. And it's morning, you know, it's like we're not even where. It's like lunchtime at this point, and this is a nice mort. I consider anything without chocolate breakfast.
Speaker 4: I completely agree, especially if you put a fruit on it.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course, it's just like this is essentially I could have woken up and had this with coffee.
Speaker 3: This is a parfay.
Speaker 2: This is this is a parfay. I should have more parfas for breakfast.
Speaker 3: Oh that I went through a huge parfae phase in.
Speaker 2: Your case, what were you putting in your parfay?
Speaker 3: I was just really obsessed with the Starbucks one.
Speaker 2: I didn't know Starbucks had a parfa I don't.
Speaker 3: Think they still do. But it was like I would get like a frappuccina and.
Speaker 2: A parfect Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And my digestive says, was a cake when I was in middle school, and I was.
Speaker 2: Gone, you have to take advantage of that, you do.
Speaker 3: We don't talk about that anymore.
Speaker 2: We are adults telling children. Roll for it? Do it? Now absolutely go crazy.
Speaker 3: Like you are. You will be fine. The window is closing, literally, like do it now.
Speaker 2: Your body is a furnace and you can throw whatever you want in there.
Speaker 4: Oh and you can. You can like prap and have a veggie every once in a while. That will be the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Yes, she'll get used to the idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you could do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Have a frap and parf.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, crap and parf parf.
Speaker 4: Frap in your breakfast, your lunch are having hot cheetos, Maybe another.
Speaker 2: Frap, wash it down with some grave Yeah.
Speaker 3: And for dinner I was having.
Speaker 4: My mother would come home at nine pm with Elco and be like sorry, and she'd throw it on the table and.
Speaker 2: Get into the bird feeder and have some sugar water.
Speaker 4: If I ate that, if I ate what I used to eat that days, I.
Speaker 2: Would be oh, my life, my health would eat frazier.
Speaker 3: It would be like I went to like Coachella for like three weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm like, put me away. It's just not a thing. It's not a possibility for an adult body. It doesn't like it feels bad.
Speaker 4: It's almost like I broke my arm last year, and I remember like the the guy was like, I was like the vet. The doctor was like, he was like, you need to keep this on for like months this And I was like, wow.
Speaker 3: When I was little, I remember breaking my arm all the time, and it was.
Speaker 2: Like a week breaking your arm all the time.
Speaker 3: I was like, I mean I broke around twice.
Speaker 2: Are you a pro skater?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I was just like one of those kids right right. But it was crazy to me because there was like, yeah, a lot of kids sometimes we don't even need a cast, we just put it on there. But like their bodies just heal really fast, and this doctor is and we're slowly dying.
Speaker 2: So yeah, of course your body's like, well, why why bother, I'll leave.
Speaker 3: He's just gonna take me so long to rebuild this.
Speaker 2: Wow. So how long did you have the cast on? For?
Speaker 3: Like two months?
Speaker 2: How did you break your arm?
Speaker 3: Oh here's a story, dear friend, Patrick.
Speaker 2: Mcton, Oh my god, we love Patrick McDonald.
Speaker 4: I went to a birthday party at a roller rink okay, and I was just roller skating, took a mighty tumble, landed on my wrist in such a way that was so bad because I was like dancing.
Speaker 2: I think it was like, okay, I was like dancing and.
Speaker 3: Fell on my wrists so bad.
Speaker 4: And Patrick was there, and I've never seen him like completely like does.
Speaker 2: He go to like an emergency mode.
Speaker 3: No, almost in the opposite one of you.
Speaker 4: Or he was just like, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, what am I doing?
Speaker 4: For some reason and I both thought in that state where my wrist was like this, and he was like, we have to get the doctor at the Moonlight Roller rank and we were like, do you guys have the doctor doctor d And for some reason we both were like, We'll just wait here for the doctor. And then like twenty minutes later, a sixteen year old comes up with like ice pack, a frozen thing of pease.
Speaker 3: Hey Gurley, Yeah, hey Gurley, I'm so sorry. This happens all the time. Just put this on there. And we were like, what about the doctor? And I was so out of it and Patrick was so like, oh, no, we need a doctor.
Speaker 2: Oh And so then were you driven to the hospital. What happened? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Patrick?
Speaker 4: I was like, Pat, I think you need to sit here and have some water, yeage. I wasn't well and my friend was like, my, my friend, that's the opposite, which is.
Speaker 2: Like, get in my car.
Speaker 4: I already haven't rooted it, got me in my car, and got me in her car and we handled it.
Speaker 3: Why was I?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I like to think I'm that that person that in an emergency, the adrenaline kicks in and I become this calm like we can. I can figure it.
Speaker 3: Out, and I don't want to find out.
Speaker 2: You don't want to find I would rather not find out.
Speaker 4: I think I'm like I'm very much at like make that person feel not in panic, right, And I think I can like downplay because I'm like.
Speaker 2: You're fine, you're fine to you're now gas lighting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yeah.
Speaker 4: My friend had something on her eye and I was like, you don't. And it was so actually that it was like a wedding and we're all bridesmaids.
Speaker 3: She's like, it's really in my life. I like really can't take.
Speaker 4: Pictures and I went, yes, you can. I did it in a thoughtful while, but like what cunt of me? I was like, there's honestly, I'm looking at your eight.
Speaker 2: I don't see anything that's very stage mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, we just got to keep going.
Speaker 2: We need to take the picture. The pageant is almost over.
Speaker 3: We need just smile and sit up a.
Speaker 2: Trophy on the line. There's a tr on the line. Wow, okay, I don't want you or Patrick around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: For my emergency. I want to be alone in an emergency and see how I deal with it.
Speaker 4: And just hey, Alexa, finish me off.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, uh, I think we should play a game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's play a game called Let's see onnals. What was the last game we played.
Speaker 3: I think that it was Gift or a Curse?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we should play Gift Master. I needed a number between one and ten from you.
Speaker 5: Four.
Speaker 2: Okay. I have to do some light calculating to get our game piece game pieces. Okay, so you can promote, recommend, do whatever you want with the microphone. Well you're calculating right back.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, Hey guys.
Speaker 2: What's up.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna promote. Oh yeah, I'll up promote me and Patrick's podcast.
Speaker 4: Bridger has been on it. It's really fun. Artists on artists on artists on artists for artists. We have a Patreon. We also do funny silly things. Bridgers episode super fun. Besides that, I'm gonna promote anyone making an authentic strawberry shortcake good for you because the store bought ones.
Speaker 3: They don't hit as hard. They just don't. My god, what are you calculating? I can't focus. I tried it a second time.
Speaker 4: It's fine stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a good cake.
Speaker 3: You'll let it's it for twenty minutes. Still tastes the same.
Speaker 2: It's a good cake. I've got our game pieces. This is how we play gift Master. I'm going to name three things, three gifts that you can give away, three objects, experiences, what have you. I'm going to name three celebrities. You're going to tell me which celebrity you would give yes, yes, which gift and why that makes sense?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I hope you totally failed. I go, hey, what fifty nine.
Speaker 3: That gift? Kill that gift, marry that gift.
Speaker 2: Okay, you understand perfectly. Do I have anything to recommend? No, I already talked about the Patreon listener get into it. Do I have any thing outside of my own selfish self promotion to recommend? I alreadycommended the Little House on the Prairie, thinking, yeah, I guess we got nothing else. To recommend my apologies forgive me artists of the world. Artists on Artists on Artists is an excellent podcast. It's so funny and I had such a good time doing it.
Speaker 4: So funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna name the three gifts you're gonna and the celebrities you'll you know, you get it, got it? Okay. The three celebrities today are number one Benson Boone copy, Number two Erica Badoo, Oh my god, kind of opposite ends of the taste spectrum.
Speaker 3: I would say, different playlist.
Speaker 2: And number three is Dennis the Menace. Dennis the Menace is just a cartoon character.
Speaker 3: Uh, It's like little friend.
Speaker 2: Dennis the Menace is just kind of a local menace, blonde menace. It was I believe it started as a comic strip probably in the eighteen seventies, okay, became a cartoon, became a movie movies maybe, I don't know. And the three gifts you're going to be giving away today are Number one one weird long hair on their neck.
Speaker 3: Okay, it belongs on them, It's on them, Yes, it belongs.
Speaker 2: Okay, it belongs on them.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Number two four star accommodations, so not five star, not.
Speaker 3: Three star, four.
Speaker 2: Star accommodations and number three a sense of play.
Speaker 4: We don't need to give Benson Boone a sense of play because I.
Speaker 3: Think he's goad enough.
Speaker 2: What a playful guy, what a playful.
Speaker 4: If he's not flipping around, I don't know what else is playful. He's playful, he's a playful spirit, and he's like, let me try to be Harry styles, let me be playful.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that was rude. That was so rude.
Speaker 2: That was cruel. That was so rude.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm giving my girl Erica about to do a.
Speaker 4: Sense of play, oh wow, because I think she needs it. But I'm doing it because I think just she deserves it.
Speaker 2: And I think, yeah, she like I think she has it.
Speaker 3: Exactly. I think like a new dose of it, like a vitamin. It's always good, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to give Dennis the Menace or Benson Boonett. And that's kind of why I'm giving it to Erica.
Speaker 2: That's logical, perfect, and I think I.
Speaker 3: Actually trust her to regift.
Speaker 2: It well right right, if she should she need to, Yeah, she can have that gift clause.
Speaker 3: Then I'm giving.
Speaker 4: I'm giving Dennis the Menace a long hair, one gross one gross long hair on him. I'm giving him that because I think comic strips don't have a lot of good facial hair.
Speaker 2: Oh, interesting, they really don't.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of just like just like cartoons too. It's just like we don't see like disgusting ingrown hairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of clean faces, a lot of clean face. You're not seeing clean legs. I feel like you're not even seeing beards that often within the comic strips. No bushes, zero bushes.
Speaker 3: Show me a comic strip with a.
Speaker 4: Bush, please listeners, that's recommend me some it's insane. And then yeah, I'm giving Benson Boone the four star accommodations because it's nice. Sure, and it's not that nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It feels like he's probably at this point he's probably being showered with five star accommodations. He's probably getting spoiled.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I think it's good for someone popping off to not have the best of everything. I think he should. You should change it up and you should get a four star something.
Speaker 2: And go hmmm mm hmm. His sense of play is at risk.
Speaker 3: I think I answered it correctly, and I know, no, I.
Speaker 2: Think that you know, maybe first time of the history of this game. It's just correct, so annoying.
Speaker 3: I get it right.
Speaker 2: That's an A plus, an absolute A plus.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I didn't know we reingraded.
Speaker 2: Uh you are now, and I think you did a great job at Benson. Good luck with the good but not perfect hotel. Just be nice, do a backflip off the bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're doing their best.
Speaker 2: They're doing their best. They're doing their absolute best. Okay. And now Anally's has a gift or a curse? That or yes, we didn't play this game. Analiz is going to give us a thing and they're going to ask us if it's a gift or a curse and why Okay, and then we'll answer and see who's correct, because An's has the correct answer.
Speaker 5: Okay, gift or a curse. The Fast and Furious franchise, h.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go or should I go?
Speaker 3: I'm gagged. You have to go first to people.
Speaker 2: Or to us, And again we don't get any more information, so you have to. Really we have to think about this international blockbusting franchise.
Speaker 3: Ten years of stuff.
Speaker 2: It does great numbers in every territory and is about a sense of family and maybe a sense of play, maybe a little. I'm going to say the Fast and the Furious franchise, ooh for me, I'm going to say it's a curse. I'm going to say, these are the Fast and the Furious films. I've seen number one. I've seen oh and I think what I think. I've seen that one, and then I've seen the spinoff called Hobbs and Shaw, which was the most top three most exhausting film experiences of my entire life. It was worse than watching a video game cut scene. There was absolutely nothing there for me. I'm going to say, ultimately, curse. I they're not for me, and I've This is the other thing, people, This is the thing about Fast and the Furious. Well, they're actually really good movies. Yeah, this is the every time start with number four. They're amazing movies. You've got to see the They're great movies. And then I watch them and I say, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: But that's what we're saying.
Speaker 2: Just because it's about men getting along with each other over stolen cars. And you know there's one girl always, yeah, there's one girl. She's one of the guys. She's always got to be one of the guys. I've been told too many times they're great movies. They're actually great movies. And then I watch them like I for I guess for what it is, but yeah, I don't care. And then I saw this Hobbs and Shop. Well now I'm I guess I'm lying because I've only seen the Hobbs and Shown, which I think people hate. I think, yeah, And then I saw the first one, which I will say is a bad movie. And now the Car and Fast and Furious community is gonna come after me. They're not for me, not my cup of tea. I think it's a curse.
Speaker 4: Well, if it's coming after you, it's coming up to me too, because I think it's a curse.
Speaker 3: I think it's a curse to me and to others. That movie's got to be like that.
Speaker 4: Once we passed like four or five of them. Now I was like, now every now it's kind of got to be like that. And that's what a curse is. It's things repeating over and over and over again, and it's being stuck in the same sin inescapable, inescapable, And I think that and I am mixing it up with the Transformers franchise. Oh yeah, that's worse, same shit, I think, same curse, different machine. One's family on Robots. I do love a family story.
Speaker 3: I love an ensemble movie.
Speaker 2: We'd love to see everyone getting along.
Speaker 4: But I think this is a curse because it's the kind of the same thing. It's kind of putting audiences on the same like male let's drive fast thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the other thing. I'll say, fast and furious is a curse because you know, every man that goes to see those movies, as he's driving out of the parking lot of the movie theater is going a little bit too fast. He's thinking, I'm in the movie now. Yes, he's blasting his music. Yes he thinks I'm Hobbes. Truly.
Speaker 4: I think every time you see someone like be a little dickish on the.
Speaker 2: Road, they're thinking, look at me.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they're like listening to like a flow Rita song in there.
Speaker 3: Yes exactly, I gotta go.
Speaker 4: And like that's really fun and good escapism, And I get it, and I do that with other shit in my life, but not on the road.
Speaker 2: Boys, No, keep it off the road. Keep it off the highways is.
Speaker 3: They're a girl boss, fast and furious. Oh like a foal where it was like sheesus daughter.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, interesting that all was there? Who did Ocean's eight? Yeah, get them on this Fast and the Furious girl boss?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fast in the furious, curly hair. That was so bad.
Speaker 4: I'm hitting such a massive wall. I'm becoming a bad time.
Speaker 2: Next, what's the answer.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: Oh, turn it's a gift.
Speaker 3: It's a gift.
Speaker 5: It unites so many different kinds of people. I've met the most random people who happen to love this franchise. They're so little that brings us together. And you know what, isn't family always a gift? Let's be let's be real.
Speaker 2: No, watch any movie about Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: It's awful. It's a trap, a curse and.
Speaker 2: Bad on a Lisa. I wish this window could like darken and I could push a tint so I didn't have to even look at you.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to stare directly into my eyes when I tell you the Fast and the Furious franchise a gift.
Speaker 2: If you wouldn't mind an editing, just remove you saying it's a gift and say it's a curse. You can use my voice. Curse curse, curse, curse, curse, curse.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: This is Analise's clean audio saying it's a curse. Beep beep put in like a car run engine, yeah, revving.
Speaker 2: Uh men screaming and fighting with each other. Okay, Well Anally's unfortunately is out of control and wrong. Uh. But and we were correct this time. Thank you, Analis And uh. This is the final segment of the podcast. It's called I said no emails. People right into I said no gifts at gmail dot com. They'll send their voicemails. They'll send emails. They're begging for questions. We hope me answer a question. Okay, this first one. Uh, actually, let's do that. I got a quick one. This is from a Patreon Uh. It's from a listener named Rick. What is your favorite nineteen nineties TV show? I think this is a nice quick answer. One oh.
Speaker 3: Seventh Heaven.
Speaker 2: Oh I never saw it.
Speaker 3: I really love it. It's so weird.
Speaker 2: And is this, I hate to say it, the one where the guy ended up being a.
Speaker 4: Oh no, really the main actor I don't know, probably name of nineteen nineties show that wasn't I'm not normalized you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I need to see Seventh Heaven. I bet I would love that.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't think you need to but on the same lines as you need to see The Raccoon.
Speaker 2: Now, don't put those two in the same category. But I bet I would love Seventh Heaven. This feels like it would be a weird show to watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was so weird, And I think it has a funny memory in my heart because my mom used to use it as like a teaching mechanism for me. Oh real, like anytime, like the daughter in the show would lie to her mom, and mom would be in the other room, like.
Speaker 3: You see, that's not good. She's lying. That's not that good, don't you think that? And it worked every time for me.
Speaker 2: So I think that's a great answer. It's a great classic piece of sperience. I mean, my sincere answer is probably Strangers with Candy. I think Strangers with Candy is probably number one. But I feel like there's a bunch of ties. It's like that. I love New Radio, I love Futurama. There are a bunch of great shows, of course from that decade, all kinds of wonderful programs.
Speaker 4: I don't know if cat Dog on Cartoon Network was the two thousands. That feels two thousands, right that came to mind for some right.
Speaker 2: We'll count it. Okay. Now let's answer a problem real quick here. This is dearest bridget okay. And I don't know if that was on purpose or autocorrect or whatever, but I'm insulted either way and shameful guest. My step mom was at my house before going on a vacation and asked if I had any good books she could borrow, and said she promises she'd give it back. It's been over a year and she hasn't returned to the book. I asked her if she ever finished it, and she said she accidentally left it on the plane and that she'd get me a replacement copy. That was months ago. I want my book back because I really liked the book, and it's the principle of it all. How do I get her to get my book? Many thanks? And that's casey, step mom trouble.
Speaker 3: How do you get your book back?
Speaker 2: How do you get the book back?
Speaker 3: So she said she would replace it, and she has not.
Speaker 2: And she left it on the plane. She would get it back, come hell or high water, and it hasn't come back to her yet, So how do you? I mean, my mind immediately goes to the ultimate lender of books is the library. Yes, what happens when you don't return the book to the library, they start to find you. Yes, when you don't pay the fine, what happens They call collections.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: That may or may not be true, but that's where my mind goes.
Speaker 4: I still have a UCLA book that I have from going there destroying email recently, and I was like, what do you have on me?
Speaker 2: Your credit is negative fifty?
Speaker 3: Oh give me a bad grade five years later, six years later.
Speaker 2: So I mean, now you know, when I think library calling collections on you, maybe the repo man is now driving away in your car. Yeah why not? Why not you care? Yes? Stepmom?
Speaker 3: Stepmom? So sorry?
Speaker 2: Or your mother in law? You just have that sense of play we're all talking about. That's all about.
Speaker 3: I heard her leaving it on the plane. I went, that's a mother in.
Speaker 2: Law, that's a real mother, and that's got it.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know how you call collections on somebody, or if that's something you have to do through official channels, or if you just fill out a report, but to destroy this woman's credit and maybe have her car repode or yeah TV taken take to Reddit, take to Reddit. There we go kind of just docs air complete.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you do in a way that's like get.
Speaker 2: How many times do I have to ask you?
Speaker 3: Like for Christmas? Do you get her the book again?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: And go? Now, make this right, give it to me.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad idea. But then you pay for it.
Speaker 4: I know, and that's not the right thing. But then do you get the satisfaction of seeing her know that she messed up and you paid for it and fixed her problem.
Speaker 3: But you're right, it's the principle of.
Speaker 2: It, principle of it, and this person's out of control and irresponsible. I you know, Ultimately, I think the most you can do is take some money from her wallet and just and then buy yourself the book. Treat yourself with the fifty dollars you took out a stepmom's wallet.
Speaker 3: Go into her wallet. But it's your money.
Speaker 2: It is your money.
Speaker 3: Find out however much that book is goes for right now?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, And whatever money she's holding that is that amount, that's your money.
Speaker 2: And maybe a little money for ice cream, a little something for the drive home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get something for the drive home.
Speaker 2: And then the step mom will hopefully learn her lesson. If she doesn't, Dad can divorce her. He's done it before, I'll do it again. That's all I'm saying. Well, Casey, there you got the perfect answer. Don't write back in Wow, Well we've got this gorgeous cake. I have these beautiful paintings. I'm so thrilled about them. I'm so thrulled that you're coming out into the light. You're bringing your hobby into the light. I think that's a genuinely terrifying thing to do. Yeah, if I had ever done any if I had any skill or hobby that I was able to present to other people, I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: Especially when you want it to be private.
Speaker 2: Yes, when you want it to be a deeply private affair and then you blow it out publicly.
Speaker 3: Then it feels weird to throw it away.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And it feels weird to genuinely give to someone, right, So why.
Speaker 2: Not genuinely giving a piece of your art to somebody that seems that's like writing a song about somebody.
Speaker 3: That's like a self portrait, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a little What are you doing now? Our relationship is what? Wait you think for that? Good of friends?
Speaker 4: Someone painted my face and their face together and gave it to me once and true. Yeah, an old boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Oh it's over, it's done, walk it up.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, noodank.
Speaker 3: You and I looked ugly in it.
Speaker 4: At least give me big and knockers.
Speaker 2: Well, I've had a wonderful time with you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me. I'm sorry about this.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the apology. Listener, The podcast is over. If you have some cake, do with that what you want. Go do something nice for yourself, get your dad to divorce your step mom. I don't know. The podcast is over. I love you, goodbye. I said No Gifts is an exactly right production. Our senior producer is on Alisa Nelson, and our episodes are beautifully mixed by Ben Tolliday. The theme song is by miracle worker Amy Mann, and we couldn't do it without our booker, Patrick Cottner. You must follow the show on Instagram at I said No Gifts, that's where you're going to see pictures of all these wonderful gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to see the gifts.
Speaker 3: But I invited you, hear.
Speaker 1: Thought. I made myself perfectly clear.
Speaker 3: But you're a.
Speaker 2: Guess to my home.
Speaker 1: You gotta come to me empty, and I said, no guests. Your own presences presents enough. I already had too much stuff, So how did you dare to surbey me?