Speaker 1: Sorry. See it's a disease.
Speaker 2: Okay, we gotta start over. Answer.
Speaker 3: If you watch Coffee Time the baby you know the name flame, my bro also known as my Roe Flame. Come in with last come in with Jim Love lambs. Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics. Shout in now comics, it's paying homage.
Speaker 1: What's up? Tip? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know she rad shy towns. Don't speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna last color and kick it in at the end. We leave it with just a lifted spirits because you want to revisit. So your first take a listen, young folks, so you slip. Oh fucking we dig it.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: Cain't no fish, do what you do? I cain't no this do what you do?
Speaker 4: Can't no this do what I do?
Speaker 2: No. We welcome comedian Slavor ro Oh my god. My co host is Edith Bunker today. Jesus take the wheel.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Baby. Bobby Cliffer is on one of her Edith or Rose from the Girl's Moments, and I I'm telling you she ain't by herself because Trump and Biden both he forgetting good God, we ain't got there yet. We'll get to there. Welcome to lat this week's episode of Laft Floor, Ladies and Gentlemen. Where, Oh my god, the conversation before this show. You had to be there, you just had the day be there. But you're here now.
Speaker 5: Makes a noise from my co host and beautiful miss Icon' miss body Cliff and.
Speaker 2: How you tell how you?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: I've been good, TI's I've been pretty good.
Speaker 1: What did you do this weekend?
Speaker 2: This past Friday?
Speaker 5: I was at the Yamaba Theater Sold That with Tiffany Hattish and a guy named Andrew Siegel who was very funny and my one of my musics, Chris Spencer, who was exceptionally funny and gave me a great praise.
Speaker 2: And then listen tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I mean this Friday and said, I'm with Tiffany Hadish at the Laugh Actor in Covena. I just got that, geek today. But February second and third, we will be together taping lastline on the third because I will be in Hallan, New York at Comedy and the tickets are almost sold out, so please get your tickets.
Speaker 2: And I telling you right now don't bring your cameras. But bring your pamples because I'm about to cut up put you out over this weekend. So let's get it toge out week with both weekends.
Speaker 1: I'm going to double poison double pois fands.
Speaker 2: Oh those boys bands, they look shapely.
Speaker 1: Well, if you ever took a good look at me, you'd realize, I am I need a double one.
Speaker 2: Double why Yeah, Bobby always has that. But we want to think I produced the mister Hey Aaron and then YID. We're gonna get right into it because it's been a week, but we're gonna start off with a little with a little lightness. What happened by what happened by being the news.
Speaker 1: So what's old is new and what's new is old again. John Stewart is returning to The Daily Show as a host and is the executive producer. Not a lot of detail, but that's I think you keep saying, this is such an important year for politics, so I think having somebody is razor sharp as him this year. Whether he'll continue to do it after I I honestly don't know, but I think I think he's the perfect man for the job this particular year.
Speaker 2: And I love that they gave so many different people opportunities to and that some of them were really good.
Speaker 5: Some of the money careful, but some of them were really good. I would have loved to get me a taste of that, a bite out of that. But like you said, it was old as new.
Speaker 2: Was new as old. Tell that to my ass and to my knees. Good God, they got old and stay old. I think some Benjamin Buttons used by me.
Speaker 1: I have to stand on my head to get my boobs to fall back into place where they were.
Speaker 2: Supposed to God.
Speaker 1: But you know, you never know because when the when the announcement came out flaying it said he will be a host. It didn't say the host.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's going to be He's so he's going to be there once a week, so he won't people, but at least they'll know that he will be the common balance because he is the middle of the scale, so he will be the common balance on there to keep it regulated because he's fantastic at that. He is fantastic at that job.
Speaker 1: He really is. And I find that he gives me a kernel of something every time I listen to him. Bill maher too, and I want to go and I research it, so he may he gives me a subject manager I might not have known, or it gives me, gives me a perspective that I might not have felt my own way. And I go in and I look at it, and sometimes I just stand firm and how I believe, but I appreciated their point. And then other times I go, yeah, and they got a point. Well.
Speaker 2: I love his ways of explaining things.
Speaker 5: It's without it's with passion, but not emotion because he won't get into the personal.
Speaker 2: So I kind of like that.
Speaker 5: I think it's kind of smoothe to stay in the middle because then you still always have a relationship with all sads. Okay, what else happened by because there was something else?
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a couple. There's so well, not so light but light but not so light. So Macy's is having layofs. You know, with the brick and mortar stores, people not shopping in person as much. They are going to be laying off about three point five percent for us.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, that ain't like people are gonna be out of a job.
Speaker 1: So here's the good news with Joe Biden. He's got, for the love of God, he's got one hundred thousand new jobs. Every month, So they might be out of Macy's, but they might go and find something else somewhere else. The bottom line is they just have to want to work. You know, if they want to work, there are some jobs out.
Speaker 2: There for them that don't work anymore. Every place I have been, especially if they are under thirty five, they have the job, but they damn sure don't want to work. I see it. Y'all gonna be mad if you want to customer service, any kind of service anywhere. Y'all get an attitude for me asking you directions that we at the train station and you to conductor, and you're mad at because I asked you a question, and you'll know.
Speaker 1: Where are we going? Where are we going?
Speaker 2: They don't want to.
Speaker 1: I know it is It is the truth. I feel like I remember my mom when she was probably my agent. I was younger and she taught and I go, God, she sounds so old. And now I'm to the agent. I'm like these kids today. I'm saying the same thing because they just don't want We've done something wrong. I'm actually blaming us, not the kids, because we we we made them think they're too good, like there are no nobody loses any more.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking I'm not taking any of that. Yeah, I blame y'all because I used to corner man. I only even there. Maybe No, I'm still yeah, okay, next next, So the next thing.
Speaker 1: Is you know, and this is a near and dear to my heart because I'm choking in it. Joe Biden got rid of an additional four point nine billion in student loans, wiping them out for seventy four thousand borrowers, so, which is terrific. He's got approximately one point seven billion of aid that's going to twenty nine thousand who are enrolled in that. Remember we were talking about probably three or four months ago about that SAVE program. I was urging everybody to please go in and just see because all you'd waste is the five minutes to apply. So he's getting rid of that. He's also getting rid of forty three thousand, almost forty four thousand borrowers. Is if they've been they have been working ten years in the public sector. That's another three point two billion that he's going to forgive as far as the dollar amount, So he has been unable to fulfill his campaign pledge of the ten thousand for everybody, But he's coming in through the back door. You know, he's got three point seven million Americans and outstanding debt. Even though we had the setback with the Supreme Court, he's getting it in there. So everybody, when you're voting and when you're talking about he's not doing anything. For the love of God, he is. It just might not be on your timetable or whatnot, but he is doing some of the work.
Speaker 2: Ain't that wrong.
Speaker 5: We're going through the back door it Jill I tried to a couple times once, and this what's so sad about all of these wonderful things that he is doing, especially with these stud loans, because some of these people leave college and being dead for the next twenty five years so can never live successfully. Is these are the stories that are going unreported because all they want to talk about is age and how old he is.
Speaker 2: He is doing the job. He is not doing a press conference each and every day because he is busy working and doing the job, which is what Bobby just said, don't just get the job, do the work.
Speaker 5: He's doing the work. Yes, he sees it, but his mind is sharp. Good guy. Even if y'all vote for the other one. He's older now than Biden was when Biden became president. So what is absolutely and he is obsessed with calling the wrong names. I'm seeing a little slighter early on says I'm just a big girl.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you you're not the only one that said it. I mean, there is a little something. There is a little something. I figured we talk about it during the election. But he kept going on. He was trying to downplay Nicky Haley, and he kept talking about or not Nicky Haley. He wanted, he wanted it to be Nancy Pelosi, but he kept I know, and not once because we all make that slept. You know, you hit a certain age. I think it's actually forty, and you start because you you got too much. You're weighing on your mind. You've got too much stuff that you're trying to balance. But he didn't say it once. He said it about eight times over a five minute period. He got the wrong name each and every time. So in the bottom line is, folks, Joe's old, So get over it. He's the option that we have. He's getting the work done. His mind as sharp as attack. His body's just gotten a little frailer. I don't think that anybody is meant at the age of eighty one or seventy eight when he first went in right to be working sixteen hour days. It's going to take a bit of a toll on you. So he might cleeve out, might go out looking like the cryptkeeper. But as long as his mind is sharp. Everybody ages differently. Some people look at Betty White, she was reading scripts up unto the age of ninety five, where my aunt, God bless her eighty one, and she didn't know her name, my name anybody, by the way, we had the same name. So everybody ages differently.
Speaker 2: It is oh my god. He I don't care about his age. Right now, he is not feeble. He is still able to move.
Speaker 5: And again, like you said, he is our option because the other one has pretty much laid out a blueprint of what his plan is. They want, And I don't know if you guys are listening to it or playing attention to it, because everybody is so fascinated about whatever kind of hypnosis they got over y'all, because I don't understand it, not one bit. I do not, because please tell me every time y'all keep talking about what he has done. What has he done politically? I sat up for the one percent to say the big tax breaks. Please tell me what he has done for the common man, because I'm waiting to hear it, because y'all he inviting about and we are inviting about the border patrol, and we all have an issue with that.
Speaker 2: But the border patrol didn't start on Biden's watch. The last administration said he ran off, I'm building a wall, and I'm going to have Mexico pay for it. That wall was six feet tall. The Mexican's got a ladder that was seven feet and then built the tarto and the only one a mile and a half. They walked two miles and went right past that damn fishing. So where is that at.
Speaker 5: It's so much that that Biden inherited from the last administration that was not good.
Speaker 2: That he's still on the clean up. But nobody wants to give him time. Nobody wants They.
Speaker 1: Just I don't know what.
Speaker 5: It's like a it's like a power struggle. He I don't know, like a voodoo he has over people. Boy, it's really oh.
Speaker 1: Trump, I don't understand it is that. It absolutely is the truth. I don't. I don't understand what type of hold he's got to hold over some people. My god, we were going to get to this after, but what the hell, will hit it now and we'll move down the subjects. As far as the election, I was watching, so we know that yesterday was it was the New Hampshire primary. We know that Trump won by fifty five percent. I believe it was fifty five points something. And Haley was like ten or eleven under She really at this point should be bowing out, but she's going to stay in. She said, there are a lot of other states. She's not a quitter. Bless her heart. During his speech, he had to knock her down. She had a horrible night. She did not have a horrible night. She did better than they thought she was going to do. She had a fancy dress, and then he was picking on the dress like he was some schoolyard bully that he didn't like her dress. Maybe he wanted it, maybe you've got competition claim. But Tim Scotts was standing behind him with this ridiculous, big toothed grin, and he should be ashamed of himself. He was put in office or nominated by Nikki Haley absolutely no loyalty there, and there is no loyalty, it seems like in Washington, even on her side, and then tells Trump publicly, I love you. Ah. I mean it's discussing him and Vivic Ramaswami. I think each one take their own butt cheek to hold up.
Speaker 2: Baby. I love the fact that you're seeing that about this guy. You're a full own white woman and you discussed the bad I was reposed by that myself. But that shows to me that Trump sees that you have no loyalty to anybody. So why would I think that you have loyalty to me? Because he got already got burned according to him by Mike Pitts. But Mike Pence followed the constitution. And thank you that Mike Pence had a conscious and lead followed the Constitution, or I don't know where we would be right now.
Speaker 5: Secondly, he wants to see everybody on everybody. I've watched his so called success speech, and you're right, he just he just out of sorts. Black people don't see Tim Scott, but we understand who exactly who he is. As black people, we do, we do white people, and every nationality has their Tim Scott they do. Yes, every nationality has their listen. We all got one of those or a few of those. But what we're going to do. I do not believe they Trump is going to appoint him to be his VP simply because he has showed his disloyalty publicly towards Nikki Hayley.
Speaker 2: So why wouldn't I think that you would do that to me.
Speaker 5: I believe that it will be the big Robert Swami because he is as thirsty as a dry desert and he will do anything for some shine anything.
Speaker 2: So if Trump tell him to shine, he will shine. That's why I believe He's going to probably pick him because he needs one that no matter what it goes down, because if he loses, it's going to be they cheated. If he wins, it's going to be outrageous and we are doomed either way because if he lose, absolutely, if we thought January sixth or something and be ready, if he wins, people will be more embold than to show pure, out unadulterated hate and racism towards another people just because they have a different skin color, because those are the seeds that they have planted.
Speaker 1: It won't even make a difference from him. If it's a different skin color, they're just gonna hate if you have any I mean, I won't even put political signs in my front yard this time, and I did for Biden. I won't do it again because you don't know what type of he'll build. Whack job, because that seems like the people that really come out for him, God bless them. You don't know who's going to be throwing a rock at you as you're coming out of your house. You know who Tim Scott reminds me of. And this might not resonate with everybody because I think you have to be of a certain age. Although it was before you were in my time, but we certainly watched Leave It to Beaver reruns. He reminds me of the black Eddie Haskell.
Speaker 2: He ain't got to be back. It was just Eddie has Schrew. You're right about the.
Speaker 1: Say that, but I didn't want people going huh. But that's what he reminds me of, just a big kiss ass, you know.
Speaker 5: Like, well, whatever power Trump has over people, it's a whole lot of them.
Speaker 2: You and I discussed this earlier.
Speaker 5: There was that there's a young Savay reporter of CNN Black gad handsome too.
Speaker 2: He just came with the come on the other night. I'm sorry, I cannot remember this young man's name.
Speaker 1: I can't either, But he.
Speaker 5: Really broke it down to say that he was hoping that they could pick his brain because he don't even understand.
Speaker 2: It's like a oh my god, it's almost like hypnotic. It is that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said he wants to study the book the Mental Health, like all the mental book, like the way he the psyche Book of Trump, because he wants to know how he gets the power. He said, you know, he makes men, generals, other people in his cabinet bend to his will. How in the world is he doing it? I don't know. He was really well spoken to, and I liked he kept it simple. I liked his soul.
Speaker 2: That was he.
Speaker 1: They had a sand and clickbait like, you know, a little clip, but the entire interview was actually very good. I really liked him, But for the life of me, I didn't like him enough to pay attention to his name. I'm little embarrassed.
Speaker 2: But he was bestause they hit twelve other headlands going past you trying to look and listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm a certain age. I pay attention.
Speaker 2: Y'all know I can't multi task. I'm getting it look early around over here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, I got a little a d D. I do think that Trump he's going to try and be a little bit savvier than I think he was trying with Pence, was trying to get like the evangelical, uh you know side, because they have there are a lot of Republicans out there and they have a huge voting impact. I think he's going to either pick a black me on so that would be Tim Scott. I don't know who else it could be, or a woman, but he doesn't respect a woman. But I think he's going to be looking for more of a diverse.
Speaker 5: Vote, respect anyone period. Yeah, children, good gud. I would love to see how he talks to it.
Speaker 1: I don't think he necessarily talks, so I don't know if it's going to be a Sarah Howkabi Sanders or that a Lease Is it Stephanic, you know, or a Tim Scott or of a vet not.
Speaker 2: The lady from Arizona though, definitely, Oh my god, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're thinking whom Marjorie not marriage with Jayla Green.
Speaker 2: You're not talking about her Arizona anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, no, Oh my god, I's like totally blanked on her name.
Speaker 2: She is him with JJ good god, yeah she is.
Speaker 1: I mean she she does wear a pants suit though, Oh my god, that's going to drive me absolutely crazy.
Speaker 5: I do believe he will pick the big Ramaswan because he needs somebody who would do everything that he says to do, whether it's legal or not.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, I heard what he said.
Speaker 5: He does not get mad, he gets even first day he says he wants a dictatorship.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, no, and yeah, and what's going to happen, people, So it's not going to just be it's not going to just be a dictator sheep. It's going to be that he's going to, like uh we talked about earlier. He's going to be a person that wants wishes that usually he's gonna want all of the wishes from the genie. He's gonna wipe out that constitution. He's gonna totally erase it so that we are it doesn't come in play anymore, so he can continue to be that dictator that he really wants to really wants to bake.
Speaker 5: Damn sure, gonna get rid of Obamacare. So for all you he'll abilities that think that you're on the Affordable Care Act baby, that is Obamacare. So while you are you running and doing this. And I'm not gonna just talk to the hill bilities that live in the hills. I'm talking to ones that live in because you just because you live grand and you got an IVY league, don't make you not be a he'll billy baby.
Speaker 1: No, And we say that with love. I mean, I mean lower income is what we're Yeah, the white.
Speaker 2: I ain't talking about lower income. I'm talking about he'll billy. It's a lot of people that act like you, Bill. They can be rich and they still kind of because I'm telling you right now, some of y'all ain't gonna pay attention to what is going on. But he's gonna do more damage to y'all than that. You just don't know that.
Speaker 1: They're off to South Carolina, you know, the Palmetto State.
Speaker 2: So that that's now that she was the government of that state. But according to statistics, which ain't always right, they that he's been faring better than her. But in her own home state.
Speaker 1: Well they are because they're real. So she needed new Hampshire because Nan New Hampshire had more independence and they were hoping to God that she was going to gather up that you know that that sector, they're more real left Republicans and in South Carolina and that is not her wheelhouse. So uh, we'll we'll see how she does. She's so far she's not anticipated to win. Now, South Carolina really helped President Biden the last time, so you know he's been off he went already. This is the second time I think this month. So he is he is off to South Carolina to see if he can work with them and work with the black voters.
Speaker 2: Come back, come back, come back by me, come back. Good God, she's on a change. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that's what that's what we'll say.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing with ninety one federally charges hanging president charges.
Speaker 5: Hanging over this, this former president's hang it. Some states wanted to take him, remove him from the ballot. If he has to finally step conceive or step away from that, wouldn't She automatically says she's the only one in the race to become the only candidate.
Speaker 1: That's what I cut. So you just said something that I've been really it's a it's another thing that's kind of keeping me up at night.
Speaker 2: You can't drop back in, that's it.
Speaker 1: So what happens, But then if she's if she can't keep up, like you know, her backer stock coming down, and she starts losing her money and she can't continues the she can't continued the fight, right, and she drops out. And then he let's protect pretend excuse me that one of these indictments it does lead to something, and there's actually charges. Where do they go, Like, do you go to her? Do you go back and say, well, she was the last one in the race. I mean, he's already well, that's it, that's it. He's already threatening to So you know, the other thing that we've all been talking about is there are a number of states that are trying to take him off the ballot because they believe an amendment, the fourteenth Amendment, Section three, and so the Supreme Court had a couple of weeks ago agreed to hear that case. But he's almost threatening them, telling them is going to be chaos and bedlam if states are allowed to bar him or remove him from the twenty twenty four for a ballot.
Speaker 2: So wasn't it just another dog? Was so that he did on January sixth? It is so?
Speaker 1: And if they because in all of these cases that he's had, he's getting in trouble with the judges because he can't seemed to keep his lips sipped. So if the Supreme Court takes this as any type of threat, like I don't know, I don't what do they do if if all of their can't do it, If he's the only he's the lost man standing and there's nobody else. I would love for somebody. Nobody's been talking about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, because nobody wants to say that he's not going to make it. So everybody walk around on age shields. I want to get out of that. I'm catching gays talking about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Immigration, the razor wires, we know, thank god has come down.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Immigration, we've been talking about it so much. So this is the other thing that I that I struggle with. So on day one of President Biden being in office, literally the first day, he already had a bill that was all put together and he put it for he put it forward forward to Congress on immigration, I honestly don't know. I have read the website, and I was hoping that they would say, like, literally, he wants forty billion dollars. He wants you know, it's sort of a little bit bigger. He's looking for more citizenship for people who actually can be vetted. I know that he's looking for a better infrastructure right there on the borderlines, like more judges and right because the judge can say nope, you can't come in and literally put them back on a plane, not to put them back into Mexico, put them on a plane and get them back to where they came from. So they're not hanging around and talking about that inferior wall, just coming in the other side of it. So naturally, because we're in this political US and them problem that we're in, I want to know why. And so the other side, the Republicans don't even want to look at this for whatever reason. Maybe they think there's too much money. Why can't they They're supposed to all be working for the people. Why in the world are they not using it as a first step, I'm sure Biden, just like Obamacare. President Obama didn't love Obamacare. It's when he could get past. Why aren't they Why aren't they dusting it off, looking at it and say, Okay, we like this piece, this piece and this piece, and we got to there's no compromise. Nothing's happening. Instead, everybody's just screaming that something has to happen and leading these poor guards on the line for sixteen hours.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was waiting on you say it's a podcast that phone conversation. Good God, Jesus, good Lord. But I have no idea.
Speaker 5: It's so many things that I'm being missed publicly because I think everybody is truly worried. I think people are bonafide afraid of the aftermath of another four years of Trump, or if it's four years. I think people are because he has put out there to be afraid. He made it, he said. I don't get mad, I get even. So he has put out right what he is planning on doing. So if you cross him in any kind of way, you are increased without a powder one.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what. I don't know what people want. But here again, is he the crazy one?
Speaker 5: Or is the people that allow him to get away with everything that he gets away with, including judges and everybody else, Are they the crazy one?
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 1: I think it's a fifty to fifty hunting. I think. I think everybody's a little culpable. I'm really disappointed with us as citizens is the people who are because I'm not going to say Republicans, because it's not he's got a base of either thirty percent or forty percent of the Republicans. They are listening to everything he says. So when he said to repeat what you had just said that he doesn't get mad, he gets even They're going, yeah, like that's great. And the rest the rest of us are all looking and saying that's a threat. But for some reason they're not seeing it the same way. Why they're not voting him out. I'm so disappointed that he's back where that we have allowed him, as the American people, to be back in any that close to the power that next November can be, This November can bring.
Speaker 5: The volumes for the way for the status of America. It's so loud that it's deafiniting. It is so loud that it's definitely I agree.
Speaker 1: I think we're in We talked about this earlier offline. I think we're in this reality star TV social media world where there are keyboard gangsters and the like and we like to we like what we see. We think this is terrific. I think if this guy ever ran in the forties, fifties, sixties or seventies, nobody would even speak to him. You know, this is deplorable the way that he that he handles himself.
Speaker 2: But we like this behavior. Yeah, yeah, well we're in a different time. The girl, let's get off of this because that's what okay done, I got too okay, yeah, And I.
Speaker 1: Don't want no guess coming through coming through the phone. I don't like that. So just as a little it's kind of hard to believe. Forty years ago Apple the first mac Macintosh was out for twenty five hundred dollars. Can you imagine? I wanted to look up, but I didn't have the time what the average pay was. That had to be like months worth of salary for a man. You know, forty years ago.
Speaker 2: Apple has been making all the money since Apple started. A good guy, can we come up with some bananas with some cheerries please? I think I bought some cheerries. I paused today because somebody got me at the gas station. I heard you front.
Speaker 5: That is great, that is listen, Steve Jobs and he rest in peace. And the and what's his name, Bill Gates, they came over. They just I don't know, some people just know or have an eye for the future. Now back then, because I wouldn't follow nothing that VG is doing right now at all. I have no trust for him. But back then they had they saw something and them two college boys did that. And look how successful they are, Like Bill Gates is one of, if not the richest, like he number won two or three of the richest people in the world.
Speaker 1: In college boys. True, but college dropouts. You know, they dropped out and kept moving, you know they and they did it. They did it. They were so smart to begin with that they were even able to do this stuff. So I don't know, they probably could have taught the classes never mind, but really impressive. But really, but I saw that and I went, ah, did you see the Academy Awards. Jimmy Kimble is going to be doing it again for the fourth time.
Speaker 5: I did see that. By because if you know that, it is the dream of man. I would love to host the Carry Awards. I know y'all't I'm not a y'all radar, but I promise you it'd be a night that it'd be.
Speaker 2: Look, I know we got another night wing I'll never forget, but but my night would be a bit in a good, better way. It'll be in a positive, fun way. It'd be a night to remember. It started with their wardrobe change alone.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that would be a start call. I would love to even see you. We were talking with the last awards and I would have liked to see you with the host. I'd love to see you and Jimmy Kimmel go back and forth. I think that would be a whole lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great banter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the band because he's great at banter, right, So, and he's really he's raisor sharp like you are, Like he just comes out with it. So I love that as well. Uh but but hey, I don't there isn't a movie. I have to tell you. I've been starting to feel like super old. There isn't a movie out there though that I really even know. I never saw Oppenheimer. Did you have a watch it?
Speaker 2: I want to know. But I want to see The Flower Moon, And I had said I wanted to see that anyway because Robert de Niro is in it, and I loved period.
Speaker 5: The one my favorite Robert de Niro is taxing texta. Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god. I just I wanted him just to choke me out. Let me just I just wanted him to choke me out.
Speaker 1: You are so funny. Also, it's actually got to be come into the elections and something, ladies, we really have to be working for. Is you know, fifty one years ago this week was Roby Wade. You know it was, it was put into action, and we really have to we really have to, you know, bring that back.
Speaker 5: And as much as they want to be so sexist in this country and so petrified by a woman being the president, here's a killer right here. Women are going to have to save this election. Women are going to have to save the democracy simply because I think there's a more women than me and in the world and especially in the free world because so many people are imprisoning. But women are going to really have the band together and save this democracy. And ladies, I'm not I'm a trans woman. I'm not a biological woman. But for all of the everybody has the met too movement, and you are so offended in somebody called you, sweetheart, a baby. This man has lady said what he can do to y'all and get away with it, and has done it and got away with it.
Speaker 2: But y'all voting for him, So it makes me question my womanhood but yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got to do something. I mean, we've said it a thousand times. Please vote, vote, vote vote something. Not so not so it's happy as far as we know who they are. Now that they did find the body of the two Navy seals, one of them right here from Massachusetts, so our hearts go out to their families. They're doing their job, and the one here from mass was trying to save the other one.
Speaker 2: And those are really bad asses. They had trained for almost everything, so they were Oh my god, that was because they were fighters. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But you don't know, because we'll never know the circumstances, So you don't know. If there was a rip current, you know, nobody can. You could be the best, the best swimmer in the entire universe. If a ripcoming comes, it's really you can get out of it. But if in the ocean, I don't know, Like in the middle of the ocean, I know what it's like. When you're on the edge. They sleep, you know, swim to the side. But I don't you have no idea. You don't know if it was a motor that was God knows. But unfortunately they both they both drown and they have families.
Speaker 5: I'm they found because it's one thing, that's another thing to never have that closure. So you always wonder what happened with the body. Speaking of uh, since we're on the subject, we lost.
Speaker 2: Derek.
Speaker 5: If it was a Derek King, Martin Luther King's son, may he rest in peace because and from prostate cancer.
Speaker 2: And we have talked about that. Yes, I can. I forget that.
Speaker 1: That's how because when you said Derek, I'm like, I think.
Speaker 2: It was, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: I got mister King one, Martin Luther King. She was just sixty two years old. Men of color, men period, women, get your well.
Speaker 2: Women. Women can't get there. You don't have a prostate, but you had to get a ques you could, you could go and get your well. I'm a trans woman. Please get your coloring.
Speaker 5: Get your prostate exam done from the age of forty of them, especially if you are people color. Because y'all know, we like our spicy foods and we like different things that don't always agree with the body, and sometimes it seems to.
Speaker 2: Move a little faster than us. It is not what you think. It can be a little invasive work.
Speaker 5: The worst part of it is the preparation before you have the procedure because you have to, you know, visit the restroom so many times in the day.
Speaker 2: But out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but when you prostate, if you that's what you get the codasky for to make sure you don't have cancer, polict and everything in your rectum. Yeah, but when you have a prostate, and you'll know when you start having prostatect issues because your your your p flowist your p flow is different, your orgasm is different. You sometimes suffer from ED and so you'll notice that in your body. And then you always think that it's food, but sometimes it's something else. Don't be afraid to go to the doctor. Your body is your own machine. And the older you get you better take care of because once it goes, it goes. But get it done because and then when you so many of us found out in the last stage. I don't know if he found out in the last stage or if he suffered for it, but once you found out in stage four, you there's nothing doctors can do you toast. I hate to say it like that.
Speaker 2: What is the truth? Sad?
Speaker 1: It's sad stuff. I'm glad that his mom wasn't that his mom wasn't around, because I think it's so hard to lose a child. So God bless their family. They've had so much tragedy as it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fellows, get your prostate exam done. Any bad as you think, just take a shower before you go to the doctor.
Speaker 2: I wanted to allow that. Okay, what were we going about?
Speaker 1: So now they're just a couple of pieces. I don't know a lot about this one. It may if you've heard any of anything, chime in. There's a a jail break in Arkansas. Two guys, uh Noah Roche and uh ay Tonia Bryant, we're missing from the dub Brazil Adult Detention Center, So keep your eyes out if you're an Arkansas people. But I don't know. I don't know what they're been.
Speaker 2: It's been quite a few jail breaks.
Speaker 5: It truly makes me feel like, right, somebody has to be on the instant helping these people get out because the jails are privatized and they're so secure. But again, that might be what we said at the top of the show, lack of people wanted to work. Because you've got the job does not mean that you want to do the job.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't mean that, yeah, that they're they're fully staffed. It absolutely might. It was like the Border Patrol. They had some gents on there that were saying they're doing sixteen hour shifts like the money they need the money. So same thing. Especially, I know they're privatizing because it's which seems crazy because it's for profit. I don't think they get the same care as if the state was doing it themselves. But anyway, I look out people, I can't believe that we have another jail break. You never used to hear about them. Now you have people like Spider Man climbing up the walls.
Speaker 2: For the love of God, somebody paying somebody from the outside looking at somebody is getting paid for what they are all little money, honest to God.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully they'll they'll figure it out. But as of nine this morning, when I had looked at this article, they hadn't found them yet. Somebody that they yeah, absolutely that they did find guilty was the member Caitlyn Gillis. She was the girl that pulled it into the wrong driveway, and this sixty five year old guy, Kevin Monaghan shot her. It was an upstate New York I believe. And they found him guilty, thank god. So it's not going to bring her back, but at least he's not he's not getting off.
Speaker 2: And ladies and gentlemen, if you're not familiar with this story, that was white or white, because he was white, so was she. I'm telling you to me that that yes, it's justice, and we want to see justice. A mad about the color because somebody still lost their life, but I love that they showed that. You know what, at least we're trying to be fair in some for instances, because he deserved exactly that, just for making mistake and pulling the driveway.
Speaker 5: That is commonplace, do you know. I mean different people driveways I turned into, or so many other people have. And now you're doing to run the risk of thinking you're gonna get your blames grew out.
Speaker 2: That is crazy.
Speaker 5: That is absolutely ludicrous. Yeah, tell you how bad we are right now. So I was seeing the cal Rittenhouse.
Speaker 2: I remember the little boy whose mother drove him across the state land because he wanted to be part of.
Speaker 5: Protest and shout and killed two innocent people. Is having a conference at the East Tennessee State University.
Speaker 2: Bobbie. When I saw that, I was mortified to be like and to talk about what how his mother? How his mommy drove him to kill people?
Speaker 1: Because the reality is, isn't he like seventeen or eighteen? Flame? Like, what life experience does he have to speak about? He didn't even get there himself, as mom had to get him there, Like, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Is she gonna drive him to the conference?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure she will. I'm sure she will.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't even that. That makes absolutely no sense. I don't even who want him? Is he gonna, Oh maybe he's going to be one of those pro gun people or something. And that's what I don't get it.
Speaker 5: They are anything for sensationalism, fame, shining money, good God, ladies.
Speaker 2: With that, I gotta I gotta peep. Then then be gave good.
Speaker 5: God, Jesus. I just had to let y'all know that. Listen, we are in a crisis America. Please ladies and them to vote and don't vote your future because the future looks very bleak and dark. Don't vote your past because it's ugly. You see what you're living here right now? You better vote to make real change right now. I mean instant. This ain't ai, this is real life.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you how to vote, but I need you to understand that you the vote that you do make sure the democracy that we have. Because here, listen, that's just my little word of the week, because we got the same model here laughing and here laughing, and we're not trying to change them, man, We're only trying to get you to use it. Man, Because why Bobby.
Speaker 1: Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 2: So is a vote.
Speaker 5: So get your ass to oppose and vote. You got it right, vote right, please, because I'm telling you all right now. Remember he called that other secretary of state because he needed to find eleven thousand and seven hundred and eighty votes. He has appointed about five or six secretary of states where he was in office.
Speaker 2: Oh, and then.
Speaker 1: Supreme Court justices and the whole bit.
Speaker 2: And it's not what do you think they gonna do?
Speaker 1: Exactly, We're not voting. This isn't even if if he gets the primary. This is no longer Republican and Democrat. We're voting democracy or the democracy gone. It changes the vote. So I don't care if you're a Republican independent. You can't let this man back in.
Speaker 2: Now with any one women charges over your feet because I don't. I ain't even got one y'all messing with me. I'm just saying, all right, lady, thank you for joining us here, Laugh a Learn. Thank you to our producer, mister Ann House. We will talk to you on next week.
Speaker 5: Have a great week, and if you're in New York next weekend, come see me at Comedy in holl In February second and third. But if you ain't, convenience took Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 2: This week, which is the twenty sixth and twenty seven, I will be with Tiffany Hattish at the Laugh Actor Deuces That means peace.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn.
Speaker 4: Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish.
Speaker 4: Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you Guys, this is slamming Row. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn