Speaker 1: Big Bank. You don't be on nothing, I be on okay, So let me ask.
Speaker 2: You visit the new website today, Big factspad dot com.
Speaker 3: You know what it is, time for a Big Facts extra Big Bank Baby j DJ screen.
Speaker 1: We are here with Senator. Senator Dwight Bullet is here.
Speaker 4: What's up? Happy to be here. Thanks for the invite, Nah.
Speaker 1: For sure, Roy Mokas and the cut too, what's up with you? Salute?
Speaker 3: You know, so we wanted to have a round table chat and definitely talk about we are a little bit over a week away from the presidential election and the election and we know it's a lot at stake, and I guess it's just talking about not necessarily you know, choosing the side of who to vote for and all that. That's not the purpose it is, but letting everybody know the importance of exercising their right to vote. So y'all can just kind of elaborate and you know what I'm saying, get the vibes going so we can have that discussion. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I'm glad you framed it in that way, right, because a lot of people who really kind of get caught up in these personalities, you know, the individuals who run for these offices, people start developing opinions, you know, they start going down these rabbit holes about who's who. And part of the function for the work that I do is just reminding people that your vote, although critical, doesn't have to be this thing that is monumental. And I think too often times, especially folks who look like me from the black community, get kind of caught up in this, in this information loop around voting, you know. And you know, I'm not gonna run away from the fact that people literally died to get the right. We get that, but I also want people to just be habitual about the function of doing it. You know, I was sharing with some folks the other day. There was a study done that says we spend about three days waiting on stuff in lines right like drive through, you know, at the store, et cetera. Yet people kind of get caught up in this I can't go vote right, and it's just like, give me the excuse because you're about to spend the same amount of time getting that cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you some and will cut you out to ask you this, like, do our vote really really matter?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: A thousand percent a thousand percent. But it's also a matter of collectivism, right. What I mean by that is what ends up happening is someone will will absorb something and be like, well, my vote doesn't count, and then that accumulates. So let's say you got a place like eas you know, like South Fulton or one of these newer cities around Atlanta that kind of popped up that aren't the city itself. You have these city council races being won by one hundred votes fifty you know what I'm saying, Like, that's the direct democracy. You got these school board races, you know, when I when when I was an active state senator, we actually had a race that came down to fourteen people.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what I'm saying, that's the church bus.
Speaker 5: Like literally, had you had a church bus full of people in that district, you could have done the outcome differently. I'll take it even step further. We had a member of Congress won their seat by five votes. M that's not even a church, but that's a car. And just imagine how many and this this is a black part of southern Miami Fort Lauderdale area, where you could have easily put five people in the car and literally determined who's going to be the congress person for the.
Speaker 4: Next two years.
Speaker 6: Let me add something to that too, though, And I'm not a politician, but I you know, we support a show and you know, trying to make sure he's out and everything we do is about the community for the community. But I'll say this to you because I used to ask the same question. It doesn't matter till it affects you. Yeah, fix your community. Now it's like, hey, wait, wait, why didn't I get why is my child? Why did this happen to my child or my family? It matters when it affects you. And so a lot of times we think, especially as black Foot, my vote don't matter because it ain't I don't feel it, I don't see it, I don't touch it. But when that hits your community, now that vote really matters. That it doesn't matter before, but it matters, It starts to matter more to you.
Speaker 3: So what do we do with the people, because this is the biggest thing with a core of people that's in my phone.
Speaker 1: They're frustrated because a lot.
Speaker 3: Of them did vote for the first time last election and they felt like certain things didn't get accomplished. You know what I'm saying, cannabis reform, prison reform, police reform, and stuff like that. I mean, what do you say as the antidote to that, just keep voting or what.
Speaker 5: I would say is this, and I use I'll use a football analogy. Right, A lot of people make this assumption that the vote is you going to the pros.
Speaker 4: The vote is the fact you played football. So this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: The analogy is that everybody in the NFL right now played football, Pop Warner, high school college.
Speaker 4: People make the assumption that the vote is you getting drafted. It's not.
Speaker 5: It's you picking up the ball for the first time. What you choose to do with it at that moment is the bigger impact. Are you gonna throw it? Are you gonna run it? Are you gonna catch it? How have you developed those skills? And so this is what I mean is like a lot of people will be like, I cast my ballot, nothing changed. Well, the question is clothes mobs don't get fed. So for what you needed did you ask for it?
Speaker 2: What about the people that come with all those promises, the politician that cade all those promises and then do.
Speaker 5: But again going back to the football annalogy, right, how many coaches promise kids starting time? How many coaches promise kids that you're gonna you're gonna go through the pro you come to my program, you're gonna go to the pros. It don't matter if you're not actually putting in the skill, in the work to get it done. For people who end up actually getting drafted and then going into the Hall of Fame and all those things, they're the ones who took the time to do the thing.
Speaker 4: And this is where I want.
Speaker 5: To remind from no no, no, no, but but follow me on this one, right, follow me on this one.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: What I'm what I'm trying to tell folks around the notion specific engagement is someone's gonna come to you and make a promise one because they're trying to get your vote, undoubted doubtedly.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So here's the thing. When are you going to then go back to them to demand that promise or is it just you're going to make the expectation that because they said it once.
Speaker 2: Said hold account you said hold them account, hold accountable collectively, collectively or individual.
Speaker 7: I think I think too.
Speaker 8: Not to cut you off, I'm sorry, but I think too Like another misconception or a misunderstanding about that whole process is.
Speaker 7: Using the presidency.
Speaker 8: For example, a lot of the promise is that these candidates are making about the presidency and about what they will and won't do and what they can and can't do when they I mean, well, what they will and won't do when they get into office. They don't even have the authority to make those decisions because a lot of the things that they are promising, the responsibility of that primarily lies on the Senate and not them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Senate or the House. I mean, it's absolutely true.
Speaker 5: I mean CIVICX one oh one is that if you want to move money at the federal government state level, you got to engage your legislature.
Speaker 4: A lot of folks don't even know who they state legislator is.
Speaker 5: Right right, let's start there, right right, Regardless of who made the promise, people don't know who's actually functioning. To me, I serve in the state legislature in Florida, and I would tell people like, do you know who the Speaker of the House is?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Like, because there's a person who individually can move millions, right, do you know who the Senate president is? There's a person who individually can move meaning its more importantly, what happens is focus.
Speaker 4: People get focused on where they live.
Speaker 5: So they're like, I'm went to my state representative because I live in Atlanta, But the speaker might be from making speaker might.
Speaker 4: Be from you know, anywhere. Right, you have every right to engage those folks too, right.
Speaker 8: You know, because they're representing the state and not just your area.
Speaker 4: And even boil down. The city council might be a school board. Same thing.
Speaker 5: It's a rule of numbers, right, If you're trying to move money on a body that consists of seven people, simple math, how many people you need to move the money?
Speaker 4: Four a majority.
Speaker 5: So if you're over here talking to one every day, you're beating down that door, you in the office, you ringing their phone, congratulations, you convince one person.
Speaker 6: Well, but I think to her point, to your point, sometimes when the vote's not pass it's more than just that person saying I'm gonna pass this and get this pass. There's other people that are involved in that vote that can and say no, we're not going to pass that vote.
Speaker 9: But that's not like they feel like a scam to a voter.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's necessary scam, but because I think what happens is I'm just I'm gonna keep it real. I think what happens with us as black volk, we think because we vote one time.
Speaker 10: That vote is supposed to be passed.
Speaker 6: No, we don't do enough of our homework sometimes, like and it's not an emotional thing, right, not sure you know what I mean. So, so what I see sometimes is we make we vote because it's from an emotional.
Speaker 10: Perspective versus there's time that needs to be taken.
Speaker 6: It's intelligent you take the time to keep going through the process of that vote to get passed.
Speaker 10: It's not just a one and done thing.
Speaker 9: For sure.
Speaker 2: We know that as adults. But I'm saying that's not what the campaigns say though. So that's what made people be be scari.
Speaker 3: Like voter well listen, voter voter morale and voter fatigue because there's some people that I know that have voted since Obama and midterm elections and they want to see a change with the police situation, they haven't seen anything. If anything, they've seen it get worse. So if you have voter fatigue and you don't have that voter them around. I'm gonna do it because personally, my parents, I mean, my people and Salema got holes down and bit by dolls. So I'm always just vote some assets or type stuff. Right For other people who've been voting since twenty two thousand and eight to try to change something that had the needle hasn't moved any at all, I'm just trying to get motivate them to do it.
Speaker 5: And I totally appreciate two things I want to make sure are concrete, especially for black folks. We've already experienced what it's like to not be able to vote. Yeah, right, we know, like we can go into history book and be like when was it that black folks couldn't vote, right, and what were they experiencing when they couldn't vote? And so this idea that withholding my vote or not voting is going to get me something, you know, Like that's a mischaracterization of what of how voting works.
Speaker 9: Right, I get you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And my thing is like just on a pure apples the apples kind of comparison. Right, you have this thing the vote, where you may get something for it, versus not voting where you're definitely.
Speaker 1: Not going to get something.
Speaker 2: And anything about it. I ain't saying like I'm against voting. I'm just I'm just speaking at the end of the day, before we could vote, who ran the votes? Okay, so once they let us allowed us to vote, do you think they're gonna allow it to count.
Speaker 9: That's how niggas think. Y'all was over some ship and y'all gotta let us in. Y'all gonna let us in.
Speaker 2: So far that's what electorian all that ship come in, right, So I will say college.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So it's like, really, I'm just speaking from what I hear people say.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is, if you're just taking on the presidential level, they are clear cut examples of just the threat of black people voting. The most overwhelming election in the history of our manorittor our country was nineteen sixty four, before the Voting Rights Act was even passed. Right, this is where Lyndon Johnson ends up I think getting over three hund you know, the electoral votes you got to get the two seventy. He ends up getting like three twenty.
Speaker 1: Can you bring that down a little bit too? The electoral college so people.
Speaker 7: Could between the electoral college vote in the popular.
Speaker 5: Vote, right, So you know we'll jump in there. I just want to cite this example is like he won overwhelming numbers of states, especially states where there were significant black populations that he had never anticipated winning before. This is states like Michigan, states like Pennsylvania, states like.
Speaker 4: You know, Illinois.
Speaker 7: States.
Speaker 5: Well, they're considered swing states now, but you got to remember in nineteen sixty four, the South couldn't vote, right, but there were these black populations in Chicago, in Philadelphia who are now saying, this dude's passing civil rights legislation. I'm rocking with him. So I'm voting for him because he's delivering on the things that I need him to deliver on. And so that's where you get overwhelming. Prime example again two thousand and eight, Obama's first go around, when people got excited, got motivated, got into the idea of hope and change, Boom, you get overwhelming. He was right under lynnon Johnson in terms of level.
Speaker 4: Of overwhelming support.
Speaker 5: But to your electoral college question, it's a vestage of slavery. Let's be clear, right, what I mean by vestas of slavery is that's where it comes from it was white slave owners concocting away so that certain states with bigger populations would not have outside power over smaller states. Right, So you calculate these electoral votes to kind of do it. So now it gives Wyoming an outside advantage over California, even though California is considerably bigger, right. And so that's something you always have to be be hyper aware of in these things. And I think a lot of people are like, well, you know, Georgia's red or Florida's read, why should I vote in a presidential And it is the importance of a the popular vote be the potential to shift the electoral vote because in most states, whoever wins the popular vote gets all the electoral votes. You know, there's a couple where you get like a split, but the overwhelming number of states say, if you win the popular vote, you win all the electoral votes, no problem.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So, and there's only been four examples where that's been thrown off, and it's been recent. So a lot of people get.
Speaker 2: A I always as politician, just like just off camera, but I'm gonna ask you on camera.
Speaker 9: Do you I'm here for it?
Speaker 2: Like politicians really come in with a good heart and go and just get turnt when they get in. You know what I'm saying, Damn, I really I thought I could make a change, but I can't. Damn, Damn, damn, and they just become.
Speaker 5: I will break it down in a couple different ways, and I'll be very, very very blunt about it. Right, politicians are regular people. Insecurities falls in the whole nine yards. I remember when I first got elected. I think I went into the cafeteria and this lady out the blue is like, hey, represented a bullet. Now, I ain't never met you, right yet you know my title and you know my name. For a lot of people that's intoxicated like a drug, this idea that somebody's treating me with a higher level of respect than I've ever had, and so they get kind of caught up in the titles, get caught up in the prestige. You know, That's all it was. She was Magga spaghetti, so there's nothing to it. But I would also be mindful of the holding people fountable, right. I think a lot of times, especially in our community, we get somebody who had the same hard look story that we had, came up went to the same high school.
Speaker 4: It was just like, oh, they know me. They got it. Now you got to check in with those folks.
Speaker 5: And the other example I would give is that in the state of Florida, I'll use an example, there are three thousand registered lobbyists in the state of Florida just for state legislative stuff. Really, we only have one hundred and sixty legislators, so that is.
Speaker 7: Almost as a lobbyists after register.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean actual lobbyists. You can advocate for free, but if you're gonna lobby the state, you have to register. So think about that. That means thirty people for every one person who's getting a vote, our lobbyists, right, And then take it a step further of that, you have less than one hundred black lobbyists out of three thousand.
Speaker 8: So explained, So this is what I wanted to know about that too, Like always, Okay, So when it comes to the whole like lobbying thing, what part of lobbying is legal and what part is illegal?
Speaker 5: Well a very state to state, but like I use Florida as an example, we have what's called a gift law ban, right, so you can't accept anything over twenty five work over valued over twenty five dollars as a gift in the state of Florida, which means and they pass that because they don't want people just actively briden, you know, people for their vote. But the flip side is you can contribute to my campaign right.
Speaker 7: As a lobbyition.
Speaker 4: But again it husbands how you angle it right.
Speaker 5: And so this is what I mean by the balancing out voting versus money, you know, an activist work, which I do. Now, we say that power is organize people are organized money. So you got to move one of those two to activate anybody. Folks up in these up in the state legislature, folks up in the city council see organized money all the time, special interests, different things. Falcons want to build a new stadium, you know. So the question is what is the organized people? Because if organize money is motivating people, because that's what there's it's tangible, then that means that you also got to be able to mobilize three hundred people to the city hall, you know, or use a platform like the one you have here to say, all right, these politicians ain't about shit. Let's call them out and let's hold them accountable until they get it, Until they knock on my door saying, stop stop dogging me out on the radio. But like, I'll stop dogging you out when you stop dogging out the community.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: And so that's the kind of agitation that we need. But a lot of people again conceive power to people who they presume to be worth it them.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, so, why do you think is separate like Democrat Republicans?
Speaker 9: And why you think it's separate one?
Speaker 5: I mean it could be. I actually think it needs to be more than two parties. Let's be clear, because you look at all of our other neighbors, Great Britain, Canada, you know, Mexico, they all have multi party systems where people can find their political identity somewhere and then they get what's called coalition governments. So you got ten parties. Whoever can get to the fifty percent then controls the government, The picks the speaker, does that thing. And I think people will be more excited about politics if they knew they could do stuff like that. The problem that we have with the current two party system is you got a lot of people who say I'm not feeling the Democrats, a lot of people saying I'm not feeling the Republicans, and then you got all these people in the middle who are just like, well, I'm not registering for any party because I'm just not.
Speaker 4: I'm not caught up.
Speaker 5: And so now we got this polarization happening across the country where people making assumptions about these parties and what power they hold, or what power they wild, or who they represent, which can be some bs.
Speaker 2: So if you blew or red, like just save for instance, if you blew a red and you are politician, and you and you're a politician and you really really don't agree with your side, how does that work?
Speaker 4: You vote no? Listen? I was listen, I was a no voting full up in the legislature.
Speaker 9: Right, How does it work afterwards?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 9: Do you gain off?
Speaker 5: You got to be prepared for them. But what I would say is, and you know, I won't call out, won't call our names, right, but the problem is, like the party in power, Let's just say the Republicans were in power and up in our state capitol in Tallahassee. And of course that being like, all right, I need a democratic vote, so it can seem by partisan. So they gonna come, They're gonna schmooze you. They're gonna be like, let's go to dinner. I promise you this, I promise you that. And so those folks end up saying, well, they said, I'm get one hundred grand from my community. So I got to vote with them on this statement that's actually gonna hurt my community. And people hear about those stories all the time where it'll be like, you just sold up, you sold us out on a vote that was just that of the third my you know, my notion was you not going to play me, You're going to respect me. So my no vote sometimes will be more powerful than a yes vote for one of my Democratic colleagues, because you know, just put it.
Speaker 4: They gave up the booty too quick, you know what I'm saying, that's it.
Speaker 5: I mean, like you let them buy your dinner firsus something like, you know, put together a playlist.
Speaker 4: To say, like you know what I'm saying, like that's ways to get romance.
Speaker 5: And and the thing about these folks is they'll go in there and be like, oh, you said that it is, let's go and they'd be like, well, thank you for this.
Speaker 4: I didn't even ask for but you just gonna give it to cool.
Speaker 9: What about friends and politics?
Speaker 2: Like do you think they there's like a conspiraence on a lot of votes, Like, bro, what you're doing, what you're doing?
Speaker 9: What you're doing?
Speaker 4: Like that?
Speaker 2: So ask the question again, like this saving me and you friends and both of us was like had our votes count together, you know what I'm saying. You think it'd be friendly votes? Like I call you the night before, like, which are you going?
Speaker 5: You know, we'll be around, We'll be in meetings and be like here's our strategy. But sometimes, and that was to be the thing that will mess me up is I used to be the Democratic lead on many of my committees, and I'd be like, we gotta go down on this. We got to vote knowing this.
Speaker 4: Ah, you know I can't.
Speaker 5: You know, I got some things going on, just like it ain't going It ain't gonna kill you to vote no on this bill this time. They you know, I got friends of mine now, especially the black women. Shout out to black women because y'all really be holding it down in these in these spaces, because the brothers be out here punking out, you know, just just like you know, like some of these folks will say the most slanderous, racist, misogynist things to a black woman in their face, like on the floor, being like, you know, y'all need to go back to cooking and cleaning, like you know, stuff like like just real nasty stuff. And you expect in that moment that a brother on the floor gonna be like whoa, whoa, whoa. That's not what we're gonna do right now. You know, I got colleagues friends of mine, you know, who are black women who will be like them dudes being just shrinking, cut the mic off. My name's been and I ain't in it. And she like, I'm out here getting slandered on the floor by these people. The one person I thought would happen my back you over here like, well I don't they promised me to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what I was asking earlier, Like some of them come in with ambition and good. When they get in there and get around power, do they think power? Then they bitch up, right, But it's also perception of power. And this is what I'm saying is like black folks don't work too hard too long to get through what we got to act like we ain't got no power.
Speaker 4: And that's what I hate about us.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it is like we feel as though white validation is power. You know, like if they if they if they become my friend, if they tell me I'm smart, you know, if they if they congratulate me for this thing, and that's and I get it. It's like it's psychological, right, you know. We don't come up hard, difficult, this, that and the third. But that's the thing about checking our people is sometimes you don't know who's getting elected, who's operating from a place of all I want is white people.
Speaker 4: To like me. Damn.
Speaker 7: So let me ask you this.
Speaker 8: How many how many people senate or otherwise in different legislatures, settings or whatever have you seen that, like Black said, came in with ambition and the best intentions and you know, plans to really try to make a difference.
Speaker 7: And then they get in and.
Speaker 8: Continuously get shot down or whatever happens, and they get discouraged and just give up on their entire job.
Speaker 5: I mean, it happens all the time. Burnout happens all the time. But you know, some of it, we just gotta we gotta stand in the paint.
Speaker 4: I use.
Speaker 5: You know, one of my good friends in the Wisconsin legislature, there are. At that time, there were five black people in the entire legislature, two senators, three representatives.
Speaker 4: All from Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: Right, that was the only black people in the entire legislative body. That can feel like overwhelming when you got that many white people all the time doing the thing.
Speaker 4: But still, you.
Speaker 5: Know, fuck those five pepeople used to lock horns with those folks because what a lot of people don't know is the most incarcerated zip code in the country is Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Speaker 9: So you gotta you gotta be.
Speaker 5: A country like disproportionately, like eighty percent of the prisoners in Wisconsin come from one zip code in the hood in Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Damn home girl from Milwaukee. Let me ask you something. So you gotta be clean as bleached you goddamn stands absolutely not absolutely about be blucket.
Speaker 9: I don't think.
Speaker 5: So here's what you have to be honest with yourself. Because here's the problem, like anything in life, right, if you are here keeping secrets, somebody gonna come. Fact, don't come find out you got a mistress. You gotta you got some money you've been holding on to high all the things. But one of the things, like people used to ask me all the time when I first ran for office. You know, you have people who are just like, you gotta dress this way, wear these shoes, say these things, talk this way. And I was like, I came from public school teaching, and I was like, the most honest assessment that I ever received was from sixteen year olds too, because they're gonna call you out for your bullshit, right, and so walking into the legislature.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm not going to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not gonna say so. It was like I'm making wu tang references. I'm playing biggie, I'm you know what I'm saying, Like I get it. We gotta wear a tie.
Speaker 2: Type of clean about like clean clean, like you can't have no like not record like just say buddies that that that may be, you know what I'm saying, like certain type of friends, but.
Speaker 5: Curtain back, that's what I'm saying, Like part of the appeal, you know what I'm saying, using Trump as example, part of the appeal of Trump for a lot of people, including some black folks, unfortunately, is the fact that he just doesn't care translate that to any other politician. And this is what I'm saying, is like, how many baby Mammy's you got don't matter at that point if you're being honest about the fact you got them. You know, being where you're from doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: From the streets. Came from the streets, like you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, Like tangled up, but.
Speaker 5: Don't get tangled up. Like when somebody slides you a briefcase with one hundred thousand dollars, you're not supposed to be.
Speaker 4: Like, you know what, this is my briefcase.
Speaker 2: Right, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm saying, so that's clean whatever it is. He had to because you're going to be up on the microscope with his skin cover.
Speaker 4: So but illegal, you know what I'm saying, Like it's wonder Obama, I'm sure that's what I meant.
Speaker 9: You can't get no little money on the side or none of.
Speaker 5: That, but this is what I'm saying. And like even Obama in his book was like I used to, you know, smoke a little weed, little coke. He said, like this is what he said. Everyone knew it.
Speaker 1: He got in front of it.
Speaker 4: Everyone knew it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, And so it's just like no one was like, oh, well, you know what I'm saying, like and yeah, the person we saw presented, you know, was clean to a degree, but we're talking about south side Chicago.
Speaker 9: Smoking.
Speaker 5: He said he have a hard time to Yeah, he was a say it was a two pack of day cat before he ran for office.
Speaker 10: He was just like that ran in DC that Marion Barry came back.
Speaker 5: And the thing about you asked anybody in d C who the best mayor was, who's over the age of fifty, They're gonna say Marion Barry. It being like the dude to smoke crack. Mary and barryheads.
Speaker 7: Are some of the best people you've got back. They just smoked though the FI.
Speaker 4: They got skilled. Listen, they know math. Really, I mean.
Speaker 10: Listen, So is.
Speaker 2: Uh Kamala the best candidate for the job or she's the best look for the job?
Speaker 5: If we're gonna make it a binary choice between her and Trump, She's hands down, no, she's the better candidate.
Speaker 4: Let's be clear.
Speaker 5: Like you know, and I'm not saying that felons should not be a thing, but we're talking about a dude who's been civil case for sexual assault. So he did it, right, you done done something that violated you know, some part of that woman. Right, we're talking about what eleven bankruptcies. He's not allowed to actually run a business in the state of New York currently, Like that was part of the settlement from the New York trial that he lost. So you're talking about a dude who couldn't open a lemonade stand in New York. Today we're about to give him the nuclear codes and say he's running the economy. That's the thing that blows my mind about the whole Trump conversation is this notion of his success. Show me a Trump company that was successful.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 8: They can't even show where he has worked to earn or build something from scratch outside of his father's inheritance, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I listen, if anybody here got thirteen million dollars given to them, I'm sure you can make some magic.
Speaker 7: You can start.
Speaker 8: And then another thing too, I how to cut you off, just to speak back to what you were saying about the period, the period in time, the period of time like before we were able to vote. A lot of people don't even understand the scope or the magnitude of the twenty twenty five plan that Trump is trying to implement, which is going to take us direct back to those times as soon as he is elected into office.
Speaker 7: God forbid if that.
Speaker 4: Should happen right straight rollback.
Speaker 5: You have people who are just who've gotten on TV and be like women should not be able to vote, like doubts. Who's who are actively saying like that was the worst thing to ever happen, was women getting the right to vote, like in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: But you would But this is where we are.
Speaker 6: I will say, I think I think the problem Trump is the world saw him when he did The Apprentice, and I think that's what they think that they're getting.
Speaker 4: They equate the name with the success the world.
Speaker 10: That doesn't mean you can run the country.
Speaker 3: But I will give him from a marketing standpoint from.
Speaker 9: Hentro trolling, he's p T.
Speaker 1: Burnham.
Speaker 5: But but just to give credit, you know, I don't want to make it all about his downfalls for for VP Harris, people don't give you know, and we already know that misogyny is a thing and women kind of get downgraded. But we're talking about from an experience standpoint. She's been a district attorney, like elected district attorney in San Francisco, State Attorney General of California, which a lot of people. The only department of justice bigger than the State of California's Department of Justice is the federal government, So she was in charge of the second largest department of justice in the country.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like basically not such off again in Layman's terms, for people that don't understand what you're trying to say. If we're comparing the presidency and the government and what you're saying to like a fast food chain, if the government where she's worked is being compared to like McDonald's. She's run the register, she's run the fry machine, she's flipped the burgers, she's made the fucking breakfast Sam.
Speaker 9: Just exactly.
Speaker 7: Trump, It's just Ronald McDonald exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: You just I just I just I feel like with this election me personally, I just feel like it's more about I don't see. They touch on sometime what they're gonna do their policies, but I just see it's like a fight, like what they don't vote for her because it's a don't vote for him because it is I don't see like what y'all actually saying y'all gonna do.
Speaker 5: For the votes what I mean and This goes back to the educating thing. Like everyone wants the president to be like, I'm gonna do this, and this is what's gonna gonna be done. Most presidencies don't work that way. You know, the president can do an executive order, series of executive orders that might give you something, but in terms of moving money, Like even when people talk about the stimulus check, that wasn't the president's call. He didn't snap his fingers and be like, get this sixty hundred dollars out the folks.
Speaker 4: It was Congress. He put his name on it. Real.
Speaker 8: The only reason he put it marketing, because market marketing Trump.
Speaker 9: If I got it, it looked like Trump gave it money, right, And the.
Speaker 5: Thing about it is was it President Obama got out there, He's like, I sent y'all money too, but I sent an electronic transfer.
Speaker 4: But I was because because I put it directly in your account.
Speaker 7: Because you didn't have contact.
Speaker 5: You're gonna find me because I did you. I gave you direct deposit. This dude sends you a paper check. And I was like, whoa, look what he did for us.
Speaker 2: You think January one hundred percent It was a modified clan rally because and people down.
Speaker 5: People down play it. Uh my brother's in the Capitol police. He was there, right, and he was like, nah, bro, like if he's like understand, had they kept coming, we was gonna we was gonna have to give them all the smoke if they if they kept doing it. The only thing that kept us from going, you know, full deaf Con three was the fact that the President of the United States wasn't giving authorization. But they were like, we were fighting for our lives. Like he was like, we had to move people, and we had explicit instruction that if they crossed a particular line, they're gonna have to get it. So we're lucky more people didn't die. But let's be clear. If you look at the documentary about January sixth, there were armed folks trying to enter the Capitol, trying to find individual members of government, including the Vice President of the United States, and we're threatening to kill him, like and we out here like ah, it was just they were just marching pleasantly. Don't equate the march on Washington with doctor King where we're having January sixth.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 9: That how you think it is, how you think it's gonna go. If it go the other way.
Speaker 5: I mean, folks gonna be upset. Folks gonna be upset. But what I want to remind, especially black folks, you know we stay ready, so we don't have to get ready, right, We've we've done this before, good battering different whoever gets elected, were gonna survive. We're gonna try and make it do what it does. But I don't want us to be active participants in our own demise. To your point around Project between twenty five. That's a nine hundred page playbook of what they want to do because they understand that America is becoming browner, that black and brown people are getting more power, and we got to do something to stop it, to make sure we get control back.
Speaker 4: That is what project is.
Speaker 8: The most mind blowing part about the shit is that this nine hundred page playbook that you're speaking on is publicly available.
Speaker 7: Like they're not trying to hide it. They don't give a fuck.
Speaker 5: No, They're like, we don't do it. And the thing about it is that a lot of people don't. It's not even about Trump. At the end of the day, they gonna find some new pawn Trump loses, he doesn't run again, they gonna find Jdvance, they gonna find somebody else to.
Speaker 8: Be like he let's not even talk about him and how fucking despicable he is.
Speaker 9: Like so basica, the vote not at all.
Speaker 6: But you see how she's informed. That's how every voter should be in front. That's why you go back to say why shouldn't I vote? She's the reason why she's taking the time to educate herself and understand what does this vote mean? How does this affect me? How does this affect my community?
Speaker 8: But I feel like if if if a lot more people just took like a little bit of time to kind of just understand what's really going on, then they would understand and without a shadow of a doubt, like do whatever needs to be done to get themselves, along with whoever's around them, to the polls so that we can at least start trying to make some kind of change or prevent some of this ship that they're trying to put for from happening.
Speaker 5: And I'll take it a step further because what I love about us and I hate about us at the same time is when Kendrick and uh and Drake was going through they thing folks could tell me what Drake ate on a Tuesday, like they had that kind of detail, like you know, he can't come back because he had a filet mignon last night, and that there was giving me all kinds of detailed understanding about why these peoples going so deep. Nine hundred page document been online for not one year, probably twenty twelve has been out for two years. That means that if folks wanted to just pick it apart twenty pages at a time, they had nothing but time.
Speaker 3: Every indict right come out on rappers or anybody that got an indictmingd read the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know they found in the YSL case, like what's happening with Slim that we got to know. Here's a man who just got hit with thirty four felonies and people are like, well, you know, gotta give him a chance.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, wait, I must I'm confused. You got me confused. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You got the da, you got you got da Willis on the stand, you know, for what she was doing and who she was sleeping with all.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, But we're giving a.
Speaker 5: Man a pass. He out here talking about other man's penises dead man's penises. Oh oh, you must have missed that part.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump was up here talking about the golfer, the dead golfer, Arnold Palmers. Since you play golf, right, the legend the goat Arnold Palmer, not.
Speaker 7: The lemonade and sweet tea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the actual person talking about. Yeah, when he was in the locker room, people were in awe. When they would stepping the shower and.
Speaker 4: See people like what are you? He said.
Speaker 9: They were in a speech during one of these rallies.
Speaker 5: Man, the man is losing it on live TV, and people out here like, let's give him the presidency again.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the Latino thing took me up.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna tell you what it is. Nigga in real in real time, bro, Niggas just don't give a fuck for real, that's real.
Speaker 2: That's just all it. Niggas like Project twenty five. And they showed me that.
Speaker 9: They kind of made me cant. Well, I ain't gonna say count.
Speaker 2: It made me give a fuck, especially because I got a lot of people that need metal care. I got a lot of people that a lot of stuff that was in there. They explaining it to me, I'm like, damn. That's that's that's fucked up.
Speaker 9: But other than that, I didn't give a fuck.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 5: I just want to remind black people America is they fuck around and find out country and we have.
Speaker 9: We don't funk around and found that already.
Speaker 4: But clearly memories that got short. And what I'm saying is right.
Speaker 5: But I don't think people get it because you know, we come up in a generation when we went to school white folks. We you know, like so a lot of folks don't get it, get it right in terms of what it was like when you had to go to a different bathroom when you had to you couldn't look a white person in the highes.
Speaker 4: They didn't.
Speaker 5: Get lynched, and people people think that's like people think that's some distant history. I was telling somebody literally yesterday, my dad when he graduated from high school didn't have the right to vote.
Speaker 1: Right, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Like my dad, like the guy, like I can call him now, call into the show and be like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But people out here just like like it's always been this way.
Speaker 4: And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Man. When this ship was separate. It was better when we.
Speaker 2: Started trying to do all that. Let vote and go to school with them. Nigga death when it got worse, people money and it was on play of time.
Speaker 9: Man. I mean, this ship was totally different.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: My grandma had listen, my grandmother had had a beauty Scelana Auburn.
Speaker 4: Auburn was like sweet.
Speaker 2: That ship was like Rodeo for black people. Like I'm telling it was different.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 2: Now when you start trying to get over here, doctor King did all that, like niggas one. Really I hate to say that, but niggas won with that shit with doctor King Witt in Atlanta and on Auburn and shit like, Bro, we ain't trying to get into that.
Speaker 9: We with you, but we ain't trying to be with them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I feel like I feel like just to speak on that, I feel like you're absolutely right with what you're saying. But I feel like two things. Okay, you know how they say, like you what am I trying to say? Like you can never understand heartbreak until after you've been in love. Like basically like Auburn was booming and sweet Auburn was sweet Auburn because you know it was separated and it wasn't integrated or whatever. But at the end of the day, those people at that time that were on Sweet Auburn thought it was sweet because they didn't know any better. They didn't know anything else. They didn't know like.
Speaker 7: The other opportunities and the things.
Speaker 2: That were It ain't no opportunity, bro, growing We were black people growing their own food.
Speaker 9: We were doing everything independently. Bro. Now okay, what about mister Jordan.
Speaker 7: Were still getting beaten.
Speaker 2: Not really like that, bro, not really nigga, buddy. I think we just be seeing the ship we see on news, some nigga with bucket when going for that?
Speaker 9: Am I right wrong?
Speaker 4: To a degree?
Speaker 9: Way, y'all stay out of our way?
Speaker 4: Yes and no. I'll give you an example.
Speaker 5: So the Sweet Auburn equivalent in Miami was Third Avenue are Black Wall Street. The Klan will walk down Black Wall Street, bold black neighborhood. You know what I'm saying, because they could at that point. And this is what I'm saying, is like the degradation, the disrespect, the dehumanization. Although we were getting money, although we had black wealth all the way, we had black banks.
Speaker 4: It's the fact. It's the it's they.
Speaker 5: It's the psychological trip, the idea that you thought your lemonade wasn't sweet enough, and that's the problem that we had.
Speaker 2: But you just said earlier, bro, it's just like we trying to adapt everything they do straight hell from the lady was sexist, fucking them fro to me when I look back, like everything we try to adapt to them is what making us lose us and we.
Speaker 9: The special ones.
Speaker 4: But now that's just shifted into a self love show. And that's.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but that's say Is that what you what you're saying? I received, but what is their way? Because the first example was Black Wall Street and Black Wall Street was exactly what she was talking about, and they burnt it down literally.
Speaker 2: Apologetically somebody while we don't go charged. It's so many two survivors can't get no reparations. It's so many black wealthy people. We just got behind the right man that can do it, a black man. If the black votes matter, they push us somebody up through.
Speaker 3: Them, They will try, They will try.
Speaker 8: That is like you're saying, shit, we got to convince the niggas that got the money.
Speaker 4: That's number one, but out, But I get more basic and I'll use the Atlanta as an example, and people can say.
Speaker 7: What they people can say what they want.
Speaker 4: People say they want about Mayor Jackson. Right.
Speaker 5: But when if anybody's ever seen the documentary Mainard, the thing that stuck out for me was when he decided to build the airport, to expand the airport, and the white folks is coming to him saying, we can't find black contractors to do X y Z.
Speaker 4: He asked a simple question.
Speaker 5: You're telling me you can't find a black person that can cut grass. He's like, because the airport needs grass cut, right, So you're telling me you can't find a single black person that cuts grass in all of Atlanta. And they were like, well, when you put it that way, and that's the problem is that we could still have a sweet Auburn, We can still have multiple sweet Arborns.
Speaker 4: We can also get black Wall Street.
Speaker 5: But a lot of folks can't get out their own way right and can't ask the simple question.
Speaker 4: Instead, people will sit.
Speaker 5: There and use legal ease and all these other languages to spend the whole thing and be like, no, no, no, I need a restaurant here is there's somebody who cooks chicken that can go in this in this vacant space to become a.
Speaker 8: Restaurant, wash dishes color that can bust the tables.
Speaker 4: Like we're talking about black economics.
Speaker 5: What do you do well? I want to put you here to do that thing well, and you do that thing well. But because we've gotten so far away now we want to be we want to be crypto raiders and we want to do this and we want to be tech bros.
Speaker 4: And it's like we already got it.
Speaker 5: We see the example over and over again. Atlantas duplicated it more times than you can think of the face so so deaf record like you've taken this thing and blown it up. And there's constant examples of our of our self sustainability. We just got to get out of our own way and stop thinking that the grass is green on the other side.
Speaker 9: That's all I'm saying. That's all I'm saying. Stop chasing their dreaming and chase our own.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying to turn into the civil right meaning or nothing. I'm just saying I don't. I don't get it, bro, I'm trying.
Speaker 10: Is I had a I had an old boss.
Speaker 6: Stop me one time white guy, He said, Roy, do you realize the average kid that's between the age of twelve and twenty five want to be black?
Speaker 4: Fact?
Speaker 10: When we realized.
Speaker 6: That, that's when we're walking on in facts man like, Well, I don't taking my call to the white folk.
Speaker 9: I ain't let any nigga look on my.
Speaker 5: First shout out to the Shade Tree Mechanics. Still putting it down for it's in a six pack of beer.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you pulling up man. Let everybody know about your company, how they could tap in. What y'all you know what I'm saying, and you're welcome back on the platform anytime.
Speaker 5: I certainly appreciate thank y'all for for letting me cross the border from Florida into Georgia. Florida Rising is a state based nonprofit in florida're trying to do the work to remind people that they have their own power. We got other organizations here in Georgia and across the country trying to build that same level of power.
Speaker 4: So I would definitely encourage people to tap in.
Speaker 5: It's not about political parties, it's not about culture, personality or these individuals. You have real people doing grassroots work. You know five, ten, fifteen minutes from where you live that are trying to get people organized and mobilized.
Speaker 4: So checking with them so we can build.
Speaker 1: Appreciate y'all brothers, Thank you. Check them out any bank, crazy
Speaker 9: Extra, it's big fact, don't cap bitch,