Speaker 1: The volume. The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yas four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: The CD Lamp season is over with two games to play.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys opted to shut him down On Joe CD is dealt with a sprain EIGHTC joint and it showed us as November third lost to the Falcons, and he's aggravated almost every week, and more scans this week has showed that the injury had worsened. Oh, Joe, you know I didn't say you can't make it any worse. No, you ain't always tell you about the injury where they want you to keep on playing on Joe. Oh, you can't do any more damage to it? To it? Well, if that's the case, why I keep on art and there. Yeah, if I ain't gonna need no surgery, if it's as worse as it's gonna get, why you tell him i' go dee surgery. Yeah, I can do more damage, man, That car ready beat up? Yeah, well I could do still do some more damage to it. Let me run into another wall. But when the Cowboys eliminated from the playoffs, the team has decided to see this number one receiver, and the statement of the Cowboys said he's not expecting to knee surgery and should make a full recovery u through the process of treatment and rehabilitation.
Speaker 4: He's Oh, he's over a thousand yards right, Yes, okay, okay, be good. Go ahead and shut that down. Yes, go ahead and shut that down. Get ready for next season. You know when you get back ready, you and you and Dak get in the lamp, you and that getting a lab. Matter of fact, you're gonna be ready for Mini caamp. Matter of fact, you're gonna be ready for training camp. That's another duo. Yeah, y'all need to hit the ground.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: But they weren't, Joe, They're not.
Speaker 1: They weren't on the level that I thought they were gonna be on considering what they were last year.
Speaker 5: But they couldn't be. They couldn't be.
Speaker 4: You know that chemistry it ain't like listen, that chemistry has to be built back up.
Speaker 5: See the lamb missed all the training camp. Yeah, I agree, we're gonna get a deal done. We're gonna get a deal done.
Speaker 4: You playing around, you playing games, man, if you're serious about actually winning, do right by your team, do right by your players.
Speaker 5: Have everybody in the building when they need to be there. That why you think, why you think?
Speaker 2: Why you think?
Speaker 4: God damn Michael Parson said what he said earlier. He playing the seed right now. Don't play with me when it's time they can be my money because I want to be at mini camp.
Speaker 5: I want to be in the off at the off season program. I want to be at training camp. I don't want to be holding out like every player has to do when it's time to get goddamn paid.
Speaker 4: I think they just like the fact that they got us out here begging, waiting, and I got damn money. I think they do it on perpose because the numbers are what they are, the numbers of what they are. What are you waiting for to pay these individuals. Ain't nothing magically gonna happen. Ain't nothing magically gonna change about the market.
Speaker 5: You know what it is, You know what he's supposed to be paid. Just get the shit done. Get it done. How you plays in there?
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, here's something that came out of nowhere. DeShawn Jackson is finalizing the deal to become the head coach of Delaware State.
Speaker 2: Yeah you back, Pete Fammel.
Speaker 1: He did an on campus interview in recent days, and the sides are expected to come together in the near future. Per source, It's always been a dream of Jackson to coach out an HBCU. That dream could could become a reality in the near future. We saw Mike Vick take that direction. Eddie George?
Speaker 2: Is that Tennessee state we saw coach Prime? Was that Jackson state? Eddie Robb? Was that Grambling? Yeah? Norfolk just went to Norfolk? Eddie Rob Was that an Alabama state? A ground? Oh?
Speaker 5: Eddie Rob Jr?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh you know what that played the Titans? He played the Titans and the Jags. Oh, okay, okay, yeah, he played in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. What do you think about Joe should I like it. I like it.
Speaker 5: I'm about to hear it.
Speaker 4: I'm gona here, d Jack too, Listen. I just want to intern. I want to intern. I don't I don't want to coach. I ain't never been to Delaware. I don't know where Delaware at. If I look at the map right now.
Speaker 5: I couldn't tell you. I couldn't tell you where Delaware was at.
Speaker 2: But you know, we saw you at the Globe. We saw you in the globe. We tried to put out new countries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, listen, I know d Jack there, and I know if I asked D Jack. Listen, let me come into intern. I actually want to talk to the receivers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, D Jack, but you can't go. You can't go there because you don't know where Delaware is.
Speaker 5: I know, but d Jack gonna get me. I got GPS, I got GPS and my intern.
Speaker 4: All I want to do is I want to diversify my portfolio and have intern at Delaware State on my resume.
Speaker 5: That's all I want to do. That's all I want to do.
Speaker 4: Listen, I got fifty eleven goddamn jobs and to be able to have boom intern at Delaware state as a consultant and assistant to the head football coach.
Speaker 5: That would be DJA.
Speaker 4: That looked good on my resume because you never know what the opportunity to go to be presented.
Speaker 5: To me in the future.
Speaker 2: I thought you didn't want to coach, though.
Speaker 5: I'm not coaching. That's why I said intern.
Speaker 1: So what oh no, but you said presented for you in the future. What opportunity is going to be presenting you intern?
Speaker 4: To listen, The opportunities I'm speaking of and speaking about isn't gonna have anything to do with coaching. It just having it on my resume. Based on what it is I want to do. I might want to ender the corporate world. I might be the CEO of goddamn Amazon at Google, a c COO.
Speaker 5: Mhm, a CMO. Because I listened, I talked to Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 2: And we what about or oh what's that there?
Speaker 5: You get?
Speaker 1: They'll let you use your head as well as your hands. They put a hat on your head in a broom in your hand.
Speaker 4: Sweet Wait, listen, I ain't got no problem doing janitor janitor's janitorial services. You ain't got a problem, hey, because my fee is high, my fear is have you willing to pay my goddamn fee.
Speaker 5: I'll sweep any motherfucking that ham.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I already know you clean some nast areas before.
Speaker 5: Hey that that that's one thing about it. If you don't white too good, I finished with my tongue.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, Joe, Eric b enemy. We just spoke about him the other day. Every be inge me.
Speaker 5: Would he going back to Kansas City?
Speaker 1: Young joined the Washington Huskies coaching staff as an offensive analyst.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's very being and me being shut out of the NFL.
Speaker 5: No, I wouldn't say being shut out. I wouldn't say being shut up. But you just you just got fired. You just got fired.
Speaker 4: The NFL season is headed into the playoffs. I don't think any NFL teams want to bring on air being to me right now. If there's a team that's going to bring them on, it would be the candidacy chief next year, Andy Reid and Eric Being to me. I'm sure like this, I'm sure I Patrick mahomes as the case. Why not just wait till the season over?
Speaker 5: I know, but maybe maybe you want I don't know, you can't ask me.
Speaker 4: Maybe he wants to to not not be sitting around on the on the sideline, or be sitting around at home and he just wants to work, he wants to do something. But I'm sure for the opportunities that are present itself, it would be with the Chiefs, probably not anywhere else. Just being honest, because you know how, you know how that coaching thing is the coaching thing in general, the friends always continue to make sure each other have jobs.
Speaker 5: Always, I agree, always.
Speaker 4: So if Eric being to me is going to get a job, to getting in the NFL, it will probably be with the Chiefs at some point if there's there's always room because they can change the they can change the name or what they identify you as they always feel you in in something in some type of spot.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad I don't want to be a coach because I know I can get me a job because the Shanahan's got too got too many on that coaching treat You got h tall the floor. Yeah, you got McVeigh, you got O'Connell, you got McDaniel, and you got Shanahan.
Speaker 2: I get something.
Speaker 1: I get me an analyst, I get something, tidy coach, assistant to the head coach.
Speaker 2: I get me a job. Yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I ain't try to put in the kind of hours. No, no, because I know the kind of hours I put in as a player studying.
Speaker 5: Oh, the coaches is worse now, the coaches coaches worst.
Speaker 2: You gotta tell me.
Speaker 4: I think about I think about some of the teams. Let's think about the team this year, the teams that haven't losing season. You know the kind of hours coaches put in.
Speaker 2: I've seen it.
Speaker 4: I've seen mar but I've seen you. I've seen Barbara Cowsey sitting there all time tonight. I'm like, y'all ain't going home.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: They got pillows and they got blinkers in it in the office.
Speaker 4: They they ain't going home.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. And then I think about this.
Speaker 4: I think about all the teams that haven't losing seasons, like the Raiders or like the Giants, and I'm thinking about the coach staff. I'm thinking about the hours that they putting in. You're not seeing your family, not seeing your kids, you're not seeing your wife. And not only are you putting all those hours as a coach, then the goddamn record and the work you're putting in the hours you're putting in getting the goddamn results.
Speaker 2: Oh hell nah, coach?
Speaker 5: Who man, I'd rather play, Maddie.
Speaker 1: You got to tell me, does it? I want no part of it. That's why I say what I was done with football. You exhaust all of that. I want mob parts of football. I talk about it. But as far as like put those kind of hours in to go into wee hours at all time of the night, Oh hell.
Speaker 5: Nah, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm good. I appreciate that, and I don't mean.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to be rude. And it's not about the money. But coaching don't pay enoughing. I'm just telling you, not not compared, not compared. I ain't no disrespect. It don't pay enough the hours you put in and the chances of you not getting the results for all the hours and work you put in.
Speaker 5: It ain't worth the pay.
Speaker 4: Unless you one of the big boys, unless you're the Mike Thomas you know, or unless you' the Andy Reid's you know. Those that have been in are in great situations where you're gonna consistently win over and over. You know, NFL owners they got a three year grease. You only get a three year grace. Yeah, up and move and you don't win in those three years.
Speaker 5: Now you've got to go. Now we're supposed to do with your family.
Speaker 1: Like being in the military, ojo or being a being a Pentecosta minister.
Speaker 2: You know you go, o Joe.
Speaker 1: You know you going to move. You know it ain't no situation because look at coach Saban. As great as he was. Coach Sable was at Toledo, he was at LSU, he was at Miami Miami Dolphins, he's at Alabama.
Speaker 2: As great as he was, he moved over. Let me take that back. He was the DC at Cleveland with Belichick.
Speaker 5: Belichick was there was saving too, right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coach coach Belichick with the head coach, uh coach saving was the DCA. But what about what about these what about these coaches? Though cho Then that's been you know five.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. And then ain't no guarantee because they about you.
Speaker 1: The offer the court, they might find you because offense they're looking good, they might fire the defend the court that because he's not looking good. The DV coach, the linebacker coach the d like, ah, hell.
Speaker 5: Now see what happened?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: You you make me uproot my family all fifty eleven goddamn thousand of my goddamn kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm let's say I'm I'm in wherever coaching. I'm off as the cordinator on my head.
Speaker 4: Coach, and things ain't going well, you know, because I ain't got no goddamn quarterback, So I don't know what you want me to do. I don't have no quarterback. And without a quarterback, you're not gonna within no goddamn games. And you talk about the owner to about you finna fire me for the fire who you think I'm gonna go? Tell my wife you find me. And we got up and move back to Miami. Man, run me, run me, run me my failu yo, run me my faith right here, right here on the spot.
Speaker 2: And the thing gives o Joe.
Speaker 5: We gotta squabble.
Speaker 1: You know why I know why I couldn't coach Ojo because I really can't go out there and physically do nothing. All I can do is instill the training and the knowledge I can and the players and the side of my hands. Yeah, and I felt that you got I felt that when you played Ojoe, you felt you can have some impact on the offense, that you can help I felt I can have the impact on the offense and we could.
Speaker 2: Win the game. I can't do ish. I don't like giving up that kind of control. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing about you know exactly what to do.
Speaker 4: You can coach, you have the knowledge of it, so you're teaching, critiquing, trying to be technical from a standpoint so they don't get it wrong. So you can go out there and perform at your best. So I can get the most out of you based on what I know. I'm giving it to you.
Speaker 5: This is what it should look like. You're going through film.
Speaker 4: You break it down, tapes, You got your game planning, and they get out there and don't execute it, and they got you looking bad. Because players get coaches fired. Yeah, for sure, players get coaches fired.
Speaker 2: Get himself cut, get the coach fired.
Speaker 1: Yep, and you I don't want no part of that, oh, Joe Xavier Leggett Buck brought Raccoon to the locker room for everyone to try. I listen, and I said, I've never seen it like that, the way my grandmother and everybody that I know that that I've ever seen prepare Raccoon.
Speaker 2: Normally, they cut him up. They get a nice medium sized raccoon.
Speaker 1: You don't want him too big cause you know, look, you're gonna put him in vinegar anyway and soak him over night. But anyway, so you're gonna chop him up. You're gonna get you a pan with loominum full. Y'all call it ten four. We call it loomin them full. And you cut him up. Oh Joe, you get your bell pepper, you get your onion, you get your some celery.
Speaker 2: You put him down in there.
Speaker 1: Hey, okay, you put that tenfold over the top of him, and you let him stand up of him for an hour or so, but probably about an hour, about ninety minutes.
Speaker 2: Let in bake. Now you want to put some barbecue sauce on it.
Speaker 1: Put that barbecue sauce on it, slapping the ass back of the other for about another fifteen minutes. Now you got some I've never seen it like that with rice, I've never seen it. I'm not saying you can't prepare it like that, but growing up and I've seen a lot of people prepare it, I've never seen it prepared like that. Now, that's maybe that's a South Carolina thing. Maybe that's specific to that region. You know, but I've never seen it like that. Now with squirrel, I've seen it squirrel fried, smother fried. I've never seen squirrel baked. I've only seen it fried and smother fried. Raccoon, I've only seen it baked. I've never seen it like chicken and rice. It's almost like cause it looked like it was he had it with rice now, but I've never seen it like that. I'm not saying you can't eat it like that, but my grandmother all the time, I saw my grandmother prepared, my great grandmother.
Speaker 2: Prepared, my aunt's prepared, my sister prepared. I've never seen it prepared like that. Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I wouldn't eat it. I'll try it, just see what it tastes like. But I know the way that I've eaten it growing up. Yeah, I like that way better. I can already tell you. But that doesn't mean it's all it awful. It almost looked like budhan who like.
Speaker 2: Booty?
Speaker 5: No Oh okay, I'm I was okay, okay, you got it. You gotta pronounce it.
Speaker 2: You can bet oh u d i m bou dhan.
Speaker 5: Okay, I thought you were talking about something now Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Hellad so, but hey, hey, like I said, it's for a while, but I tried.
Speaker 2: I mean, I done tried.
Speaker 1: You know, look, God, you have to understand when you grow up, and I think it's situation is kind of similar to mine. He probably didn't have a whole lot. Guys, you're not getting no ribs, You're not getting the I was just talking to my sister the other night. Oh kay, we got fried chicken on some on Sunday. That's the only time I've ever eaten fried chicken. I've never had fried chicken on a Monday or too now. If it was left over, my grandmother was gonna smother fry. You're gonna get that fly with water and make and smother fry. But on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I never had fried chicken on those days unless you got it from a like the hen House. That was the place after I had graduated and went off to college. They had what they call it crispy chick. But as far as eating at home, we didn't get that. You got chittlings, you got raccoon. Somebody come by, Hey, boys, y'all want a raccoon? All they wanted was to hide the firm, so they'd already have the raccoon cased out, or.
Speaker 2: That's what they called it.
Speaker 1: When they take the hide off on your head him, bust down, but they make you leave a foot on it so you could tell that's not a puppy, that's a raccoon.
Speaker 2: So he would already he would already be dressed.
Speaker 1: By the time you get him. That's what they call it. When they're gutting him, take the head off, take the frog, they call it.
Speaker 2: And they have it. Hey boy, y'all were yeah, we'll take it.
Speaker 5: They called it a bust down, like a bust down, like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: When they when they've already got the hide off him, they take the hide off him, because that's only that's really the only valuable part.
Speaker 2: That the hunt.
Speaker 1: The trappers won't because they trap them. You trap them or you get dogs to go hunt them and tree them. So you had a black and tan, you had red bones, you have blue tinks, you have bloodhouse, you had a tree and walker. You had dogs that go hunt, and so you turn the dogs loose and you after while you hear them.
Speaker 2: They got some tree.
Speaker 1: Now you go a you get your rifle because you couldn't shoot them with a shotgun because you messed the hide up. So what you want is a twenty two rifle small caliber. Hit him in his head, boom. You don't pu punk in the fir the.
Speaker 2: Hide, so that's it's now a squirrel.
Speaker 1: Ain't no value, ain't no value in the squirrel hide, So you ain't raccoon, I mean a squirrel. You use shotgun or fourteen, twelve games, ten, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: You get that.
Speaker 1: You know you hurt quail, you know, you use bird shot something that sprayed, because because once you hit the fuck them they go at you, but they're gone, so you gotta you gotta, you know, turn it fire, so you won't shot that's spread right now. If you hunting deer, you use a shotgun, but you're gonna use you know, you might use a slug or you might use buck shot, but.
Speaker 2: You don't care.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you got to be close enough. How are you gonna use a shotgun on the deer? You gotta you're not close. You got to get for that to hit.
Speaker 1: But a lot of times people hunt from a stand, so you for the tree stad yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Or you use a thirty thirty thirty out six. You know you use rifles, damn man, if you do, uh, you.
Speaker 5: Know how to do the process of skinning, the process that takes.
Speaker 2: My brother can't know.
Speaker 1: I was young, my brother, my brother watching my uncles do it right, and so he would go hunting and he do it. He killed a cool he coming case him out of himself. Yeah, he could do it. Oh yeah, my brother, my brother, My brother killed a deer, an eight point buck with a sick with a with a single shot rifle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He came home. He came home running. He was huffing at puffin. My uncle didn't believe him. He said, oh, he said, James, I killed the dinner. He said, man, he said, what you kill it with?
Speaker 2: He had? He had a single shot rifle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Mom would say, bro, you ain't killed no deer. He said, come on, let me show you went back. Then may we call him dragging that deer out of there? And they're probably weigh you know, one hundred, one hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 5: That's a big boy there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big but that's what Oh Joe, you ate those things when you got hog.
Speaker 1: Somebody might come home and They're like Mary, we got so they bring you the feet, they bring you the tail, they bring.
Speaker 2: You the head. Now, oh, you thought you were gonna hit the rim. You thought you're gonna hit the shoulder. You got the hog, mam.
Speaker 1: You got the chitlings, you got the heart, you got the liver, you got the feet, you got the tail, you got the head. You cut the ears off and you can make pigear sandwich. That's what you got with the cow. You got the tail, you got the tongue. It wasn't getting no good cuts of meat. So what y'all thought we was gonna eat? Right now, think about oxtail? Oxcale is a delicacy. No, people wouldn't eat oxtails like that back in the day. Not not our counterparts. They eat it now. He know you can, You can't be you can. You try to go you try to go to the salt food restaurant. They ordered up all the ox tails.
Speaker 5: Now you know how expensive oxtail it is right now? Yeah, I know how expensive they are and stop playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what you ate. But that's what you ate growing up. So you ate alligator. I don't know you alligator turtle?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: They look like they got they gotta uh gotta tail like a little alligator, and they got the ridge on the back. So we hey, we catch them as big as a number two, a number two wash we call them wash tubs. Some people call him ten tubs. It all depends on where you grow up at. But if you're in the South, you know exactly what I'm talking about. A number two wash tub or ten tubs as big as that at the bottom, you're talking about something like a eighty five even one hundred pounds. Oh we coming, Oh, you coming home, my granddy. We're gonna cook you for sure, even the soft shell turtles with the like I said, if you're from the South, you know exactly what I'm talking about. But oh yeah, I don't know what y'all thought we were gonna eat. You ate possum, you ate rac cooon. I had a great uncle. He ain't Arma dilla. But see that's why I draw the line now with yo. I mean, I got some pride. Sometimes you just got to say no. Look, hey, like Cat said, sometimes you got to tell him nolla.
Speaker 2: What's wrong.
Speaker 1: Now I tell you this, o Joe, Now you're talking about some pretty white meat a possum got some of the prettiest white meat you'll see when you get him dressed right. But hey, them old folk eat tear him up. You think somebody snapping him? Hey, you think somebody snapping their finger, that's lipt popping.
Speaker 5: But y'all, you better than me.
Speaker 2: You know what you ate it, what you're gonna do. Like Look, I mean, I listen.
Speaker 4: If those my circumstances were like that, like you, then I wouldn't have no choice.
Speaker 5: But he didn't. I would be used to it. But the fact that I didn't grow up like that, the chances to me even now, yes to say I'm eating no, I ain't.
Speaker 1: That came with my grand Let me tell you, hey, my grandma ain't really telling what we eating. My grandma just set the plate on the table. You ain't got it you you ain't gotta eat it, Hey, grant, I don't want this, Okay, do it out, mayor porters.
Speaker 2: Ain't do it out.
Speaker 1: The people cross the river where they say across the river, that'd be overseas. They ain't got nothing to eat, my girl, Hey, kicking you got the neck? You ate everything on the chicken though yourself. The first and the last part to get on the fence, the beak and the button. You ain't eat the beak, but some people eat that little fatty part. If you're from the South again, you know what I'm talking about, that little fat the park right there. People eat that right there.
Speaker 2: But you got the back. You ate the back. There ain't nothing chicken next. You ate the gilsons, you ate the livers.
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody woke the breasts in the wing who would have no no, no, no, no no, you better get them next to them backs and get on the p out of here. But I but I would to make a long story show on show. I definitely would try that raccoon. I would try it that way because I've never had it that way. It'd be interested in the taste. But I know my sister that hey put that thing in that pen with them Onion and Celery and Bell Pepper chop man cover that thing up.
Speaker 2: That ten fall over it while I.
Speaker 5: See now now you got me hyped.
Speaker 4: Now you talking about it, you talked about I'm talking about that guy that you just mentioned.
Speaker 5: Oxtails. I'm thinking about ox tails now. I'm thinking about two of them too.
Speaker 2: I got something. I got some in the freezer right now, real. Yeah, see it's look.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes you gotta go to the butcher because it's the butcher. They'll cut it like you want it they get. Sometimes you go to the store. They gave him a little ol thing. No, no, no, I want to think like fist.
Speaker 5: I don't like big boys. Yeah, man, see, I don't see you don't come to Miami often.
Speaker 4: Right from Kevon Webster, Kevon West Yeah, Kvon got a spot out here right here, a nice spot, real nice spot called Smith and Webster. Now Webster, I get the goddamn ox tails. Yeah, look like a goddamn fist. There's another spot my homeway out there in the city. What do you got, man, Listen, he said, the goddamn ox tails and gris. You hear me, Hey, called, I crave I love some gris you got, man, Listen, you can get. You get the shrimp, the tail, the grit you get, the shrimp, you get, you get the waffle, get the pancake, you get the chill.
Speaker 2: Love some gris. Man.
Speaker 1: If I go somewhere, If I go somewhere, I'm trying to find they got some grits. Hey, man, I love me some grits.
Speaker 2: So Joe.
Speaker 1: Now, if I go to a soul food restaurant, I'm looking up there. They got oxtail, I'm probably go get dogstail. But if they got neck bones, I'll probably go try the neck bone. If they got port chop fried or some mother fried, I gonna get throw turkey wings. Okay, how you got the turkey, I'm gonna get that. You got some dressing, probably go get that too. I like to go out and I might not have but a bike or two bites up, but I want to try it all.
Speaker 2: That's how I am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, hey, listen, oh man, God, And now you got that's what that's in the morning, That's what I'm going. See you don't you don't. You don't ant me up, I'm going I'm going in the morning. Yeah, going to give me some ox sales and the grists in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, I love I love some gris gris and eggs. Baker. Whoo oh Joe, check this out.
Speaker 1: NFL viewership of Christmas Day game peaked at twenty seven million. During the Beyonce halftime performance for the Texans Ravens. NFL games cast reads a record breaking sixty five million viewers in the US. I know Lebron said, Hey, I know, Lebron said he loved NFL football. But Christmas the loan to basketball? Know it?
Speaker 2: Don't know it?
Speaker 1: Don't You could take jackson You could take Jacksonville the Giants and put them on Thursday and you putting them on head to head against any NBA game and they I'll draw, absolutely absolutely one is not for one with the NBA.
Speaker 5: It ain't got damn playoff time.
Speaker 1: I don't care if his playoff time. Ain't nothing touching, ain't nothing touching the NFL.
Speaker 5: No, Hey, so what was what was it?
Speaker 2: What was the viewers?
Speaker 1: When when Beyonce was performing twenty seven million a halftime man, listen, man, that she did.
Speaker 2: A thing too.
Speaker 4: Now, old cowboy Carter, Well, you ain't got to tell me, You ain't got to tell me. You got to remember. Now, I used to be a backup dancing. But Beyonce about ten years ago, so I already know what she could do. So I understood what the performance was gonna look like. Twenty seven million. That ain't nothing from Beyonce.
Speaker 2: You hear me.
Speaker 4: We talk about the greatest performer, We talk about the greatest live performer since Michael Jackson, and anybody.
Speaker 5: Want to argue left, we can argue about that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: There are other great performers and entertainers out there, but we talk about the greatest of all time outside of Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: The thing that I love about Beyonce, Oh Joe, is I know what I'm gonna get.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get Consistency's gonna give me two hours, and it's gonna be non stop, and it's gonna be A's gonna she gonna do what she do every time every That's all. That's all I can ask for. I don't care if you see it in Sweden. I don't care if you see it in the Staples. I don't what he can't do Staples. I don't care if you see her at so Far. I don't care if you see a Mercedes Ben's Done. I don't care if you see it at Caesars in New Orleans. I don't care where you see this woman. I know what I'm going to get when I see Beyonce. No Carter, And you know what the problem is.
Speaker 5: You know you know you know the problem. Another problem the time.
Speaker 4: It don't matter how much Beyonce tickets costs. It don't matter because it's worth the price of fucking admission. Yeah, because you know what you're getting. You ain't just getting Beyonce. You're getting it's all about an experience. It's an experience. It's an experience that you're gonna be able to talk to years from that, you be able to tell your grandkids about. Yeah, when Michael Vick played in Atlanta, it wasn't about no football game man.
Speaker 5: Experience. When you go watch Beyonce, it's an experience.
Speaker 4: You won't understand it watching videos on Twitter, you won't understand it watching videos.
Speaker 2: You got to see any person.
Speaker 5: To understand what it's all about. And until you do that, you'll never get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish, I wish, of all things I could have done, I could have seen Janet when she was at her height, because a lot of people tell me Janet did within her bag.
Speaker 2: We know, Michael.
Speaker 1: Look, and this is not a disrespect on anybody, But until somebody can come out on stage and don't move a muscle for thirteen to fifteen minutes and people start fainting, don't talk to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, don't talk. Hey, you know I had I had a few faint over me. In kindergarten.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, don't put it, but beyonest, look, I know what I'm gonna get. And that's what you that's what you hope for with anything, you hope for consistency. And she did that thing last night, Cowboy Carter. I didn't know a whole lot of it. So, I mean, I know, like a few of her songs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I listen, I know the routine. Yeah, I know man stopped playing.
Speaker 2: When they brought out what you call it, when she brought out her daughter. I like to see that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I know the whole routine. Shoot you talking about man? Cowboy? Oh show shit.
Speaker 1: It's being reported that Beyonce was paid twenty million dollars to perform the Netflix halftime show.
Speaker 5: Worthy of it, worthy of every penny and the change.
Speaker 1: And you want to show. I mean, look at all I mean, look at all the people, all the dances. I don't know if that was that Texas southern band that she had most of the time it is. I think it is Texas. I think it, yes, like local local band. Hey they did they think they all of the cow Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey? She did she did what she.
Speaker 1: Did, She did what she did, did what she supposed to do. Did what I expect. When I see Beyonce, Uh, she was, she was insational.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I go back out, like, man, I wish I could have saw, like I said, had an opportunity to see Prince. But I thought the tickets that were like one hundred and twenty one hundred and fifty dollars, they were being scouted for three thousand, and I was like, man, that's too much. And that was like a Friday that he performed, and then the following week he was dead right, And so I know, you never go You're never going to see that, never gonna see it. Got a nigga to see Michael because by the time I had money to probably go see Michael, he wasn't tour like that.
Speaker 2: He wasn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I had uncles them and that honestly saw the Jackson five when they came to the Civic Center. That was in the seventies. But you know, but I've seen Bruno. But I but you know, I want you to be honest. I like to sit down the chill, I like, I like I like to go see. I like to go see like uh I saw or see earth winding fire and I saw ND I read and I see uhh, yeah, I saw. I saw Frankie Belly and Maids. I saw ND I read, I saw Seal. You know, I saw Boonie James.
Speaker 4: I got more for you that I've seen Lenny Cravis in person, I mean in in in concert a few times. Lenny Kravitz, I just saw him. When you saw him, please say if you saw Anthony Hamilton in concert too?
Speaker 2: You know what. Anthony and I we we DIDMM a lot.
Speaker 1: And I've been I've been trying to get be somewhere where he's close because I want to see him. But I did see Lenny Cravis and cans. He was performing at at an event, whether it might have been Google or YouTube, and he was he was performing. So I did see Lady Kravitt.
Speaker 5: Anthony Hamilton is nice.
Speaker 1: Wait music soul child, I wrote. I wrote down the plane with music soul child, man.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: But you know now my thing is like to go back and like all the big bands that show that I grew up, the Ohio Players, the barcades, the stylistics of Lakeside heat Wave, Ohio Players, I've seen, I've seen, Uh, what's the what's the group Earth Winding Fire. I've seen them bout four or five times to see I want to like go back and see the thing.
Speaker 2: What like what I grew up on?
Speaker 5: A music that never be the same like that.
Speaker 1: Nahnah, They don't know, no, I mean look Maxwell, now you.
Speaker 5: Fo Maxwell.
Speaker 1: I've seen Maxwell probably like eight times. Yeah, man, but not Joe would take them, you know he got them.
Speaker 2: He take the beer. Man? Would he take these things out in here, old Joe and just get on the boy and Lord have mercy, Max.
Speaker 5: Maks nice. But Maxwell and D'Angelo had a nice little run.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 5: Oh ye have timeless music.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, check this out.
Speaker 1: Miami head coach Jim Larnaga resigned mid season a mel amd in IL dispute. Jim Larnaga on when the turning point for him towards retirement. After we went to the twenty twenty three Final four A players wanted to transfer or seek better in IL deals. They told me they loved it at Miami but wanted to seek better deals. Lar Nagel told reporters he felt he couldn't say successful navigate the whole new world that I was dealing with. The university needs a new leader. Of the program, one who is both the depth act and embracing the new world of college in athletic intercollegiate athletics.
Speaker 5: Jordan the pressure list of pressure bus pipes.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 5: You gonna player, You're gonna fold it.
Speaker 4: You gonna player, You're gonna fold And understand the landscape of the way things are now in college in college football, basketball, whatever it is that you do play, in order to compete, you gotta play the win.
Speaker 5: You gotta pay. You gotta pay the win. That's just the way it is right now. And you can't quit. You can't quit.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 4: You get in the field and you do what's necessary to put together a competitive program.
Speaker 1: But how many times have coaches gone to the national championship game or had an outstanding season and the college go to them, give them a new deal, and none of the players quit. Now the players get a little bit bread, they want some money, they want their fair share. Nah, I can't navigate it. Yeah, Oh so damn, Yeah it ain't it ain't.
Speaker 5: It ain't so funny when the rabbit got the gun. Yeah, it's different. It's different. Now you got your you gotta actually do some goddamn work. There, it's there.
Speaker 1: They are is this, but but you see what apples. There's an African proverb that says, until the lion learns how to write, the hunter will always be glorified. Until he can write his own story, were gonna always glorify the hunter.
Speaker 6: Now, all of a sudden, the lions have learned to write, which is the stud which is the student athletes. They're learning to write, and now all of a sudden.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, that's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Now that would that would nasty a chat? Somebody in the chick send me that that exact quote. Just tweet it to me real quick. Yeah, I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 2: Oh you will use that with O Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna use that one.
Speaker 2: You remember it? You remember it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that the chat? The check canna remember it for me?
Speaker 1: Until the liar learns how to write, the hunter will always be glorified, Oh Joe, check this out. Scientists predict women will be having more sex with robots than me, and by twenty fifty, I won't know nothing about it.
Speaker 5: I show them either, because I thought I won't know nothing about it. I'm gonna be in an upper room.
Speaker 2: I won't know a thing about it. Ain't no sense to be lying to you.
Speaker 1: And besides, by the time I get that agent, it won't work anyway, so it won't matter. But that's the only way I'm gonna quit. I ain't gonna quit till it quit.
Speaker 5: Twenty fifty out. How will I be in twenty fifty?
Speaker 2: It all depends what you what you forty four now?
Speaker 5: Six?
Speaker 1: Are you forty six now? So you add twenty five years to that? O Joe got be seventy one.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm still be up, not knocking her, knocking them, I'm knocking her down.
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Hey, you know, oh oh shake, oh shaby, hey boy, we had a good run.
Speaker 2: You know, i'd o Joe, but we had hey oh sha't had to hang it up?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey all, I'm gonna do is all because at that point in time, would I be you know, hey, I'll be twenty five, I'll be eighty one.
Speaker 2: So at that point time on, Joe ain't nother memories.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, you'd be good eighty one because a going on? Oh yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't even know a row. I don't even know a roe. Can help me by then, Yeah, I don't know it. Roe the boat row the boat sparks to help you.
Speaker 4: Boy, by this, you gotta understand by the time twenty fifty twenty fifty video, you have to understand that the advancement and technolologies to help men.
Speaker 5: In that in that specific area.
Speaker 1: Right into my veins. Come on, I'll be in that wheelchair. Hold you, I'll be there. Come he come on, come on, come on that. Oh, don't go there, come ahead. Oh hey, my daughter have to come get there. Younna say uh uh call my daughter said, you have to come get your father.
Speaker 5: My kids, my kids better not put me in no home.
Speaker 2: Don't listen.
Speaker 5: They put me home when I when I get old. But whoever, whoever that, whoever at home and that that would not hospital.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's it's it's the Sister Assisted living facility.
Speaker 5: Boy is through everything in that bitch bay.
Speaker 2: Hey what I'm telling They're gonna have to come get the Hey, you have to come get your daddy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, it's time five final segment of the evening. It's time for Q and eight.
Speaker 5: Hey, that god damn nap, that damn knapper wonders by got.
Speaker 2: You can't go on and say it unkin O Joe, I'm tired.
Speaker 1: The Bears only need to fire everyone from the gym to the entire coaching staff if they if they were if they were up there burning fries and the concession stands, they will fire them to I'm tired.
Speaker 2: Hashtag bear down. I know how you feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Joe, you don't look at the end of the day. Look, you're gonna be wholesale changes. They're bringing in the new staff, and you know what happens when you bringing it. When you bring you know, the head coach gone, everybody's gonna be gone. So they're bringing a tired new staff. You probably should have did that last year once you got rid of Once you got rid of Justin Fields, and you had it, so you should have had somebody else coach Caleb Williams, because you saw a lot of the.
Speaker 2: What happened with Justin Fields. You saw that happened to Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: And so I just think at this point in time, yeah, obviously you're gonna make a lot of changes. And anytime you know, coaching staff come in, see you want to get his players. So you're gonna have some turnover there. But King, I don't I don't think you don't have that problem. I think they're gonna be a lot of I don't know if the GM is gonna be gone, but the head obviously the head coach.
Speaker 2: You're already on the.
Speaker 1: Infrum head coach, and he hasn't done anything to warrant keeping that job. But there's gonna be a lot of changes going on.
Speaker 2: X ex coach sanity.
Speaker 1: The Bears haven't been the same since they fired love Smith after twenty twelve season fresh Hot. You're right, they fired What would the Bears give right now to be ten and six? They fired that man after a ten and sixth season.
Speaker 5: You know you know how they man? Let me stop.
Speaker 1: Sometimes a man can make his destiny on the very road he took to avoid it. You did everything you possibly could after the man went ten and six to try to improve, and guess what you did.
Speaker 2: You met your destiny.
Speaker 6: Mm.
Speaker 2: Sometimes ojo, a man can make his destiny on the very road he took to aboid it. That's that day.
Speaker 1: That's two in the road now for unking Ochoe. Could the night Game be one of the worst of all time? Or the last few seasons. Boy, can you imagine if they had that game on Christmas? I thought they didn't grinch bad?
Speaker 2: Please that was a bad game. Yeah, that was sixty three.
Speaker 1: First of all, you know, at first, at this point in time, with the season in Chicago, you kind of weather it's gonna be bad.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 1: Oh chose this Chicago, This is the Midwest. You probably thought you was gonna get snow, but worse than snow. It's cold ass excuse me, cold ass rain.
Speaker 4: But listen, Seattle shouldn't have no problem with that, because what you think Seattle get half the time?
Speaker 2: Oh rain, rain?
Speaker 1: Yep, we did. We had a great Christmas. Elijah, hope you had a great Christmas sauce, So Bro hope you love the Bears. Bears did everything to lose this game. For the draft, Capitol is still nearly one. If I'm Seattle, I'm worried about heading into the playoffs. No I'm not, because guess what I'm trying to win. I'm heading to the playoffs Bears going home. The Bears are bad. I mean, it ain't no way around it. They're bad. They're not a well coached football team. I think they got great players that's not coached very well. They make a lot of mistakes. Well, didn't the guy jump off side? They had it fourth or something and the guy jumps out side, Like, bro, what the hell? Oh m m hm hmm, Philthy mcnafty, happy holidays, unking o' jo's staff and the chat question, what are your I'm hearing moments in the NFL career?
Speaker 2: Thank you for all you do. Keep smelling o Jo fly Eagle fly.
Speaker 1: Uh. Catching a touchdown in Kansas City my first game, I got an opportunity to play, really got an opportunity to play. Started split me out wide, caught a touchdown on on on k Rock here going to the Pro Bowl. I belong, I belong. I knew I belong. I knew I can make a I can make a damn good living now once they moved me to tight end. And you know, all my teammates, Dennis Mills, who was one of the great safety he's in the Ring of Fame, called Mecklenburg, Simon Fletcher, all those guys, SA, man, you can make the Pro Bowl like huh like, ain't no tighty a can move like you. I guess say, I think wayde feeling for that because I was the biggest wide receiver and so I played tight end on the scout TEAMO Joe, Yeah, cooking, cooking, man, I'm talking about I'm a combination of Jamar Chase, Travis Kelsey. Oh, I'm them rolled up into one. I'm catching the ball, putting the ball in the woods, scoring touchdown, spiking, I'm doing everything I'm talking about. I'm cooking everybody, ain't nobody had no chance? Wayn't Philip Blue that Wilson to say, Dad put his answer in the game and let's see if they can cover it because we can't right next week in the game.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was that was what it was.
Speaker 1: Actually it once I got in the game, because I had been, you know, was making plays. But once I got in the game, ohoe and caught a touchdown on a proven player, Yeah, man, you couldn't hit me? And asked with a red apple, I beloaned. I be loaned.
Speaker 4: I think my belonging moment once I once I kind of kind of figured I was obviously my first touchdown. Never forget against the Charges. Rodney Harrison and the d played for the Miami Hurricanes. Ryan McNeill, my first touchdown was on Ryan McNeill. And once I got once I caught that touchdown on him, once my confidence got there and said, hey, I just settled in a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well that was all.
Speaker 4: That was all she wrote by the time I got to the middle of year or two and I started talking a little bit.
Speaker 5: And I figured it out. Boy, it wasn't be hell for the next nine years.
Speaker 1: Tomika, Jason Unk and Ocho. What can my things do to get back to winning next season? Man, y'all didn't doue for a major overhaul. Y'all got a lot of guys making a lot of money that's not producing. M You gotta keep your quarterback healthy. He has to play with more consistency. And that's kind of been Derek carr uh. He he played great sometimes and then you're like, bro, have you ever seen a foot or ball?
Speaker 2: But they're gonna they look it's not good man, They not oh Joe.
Speaker 1: I think for them is that they like they had drew and they kept going for it and they didn't re really like replenish the roster, and so they got some older guys. Now they got them have to make some decisions because they got some guys that's making a lot of money.
Speaker 2: O Joe, that's not giving them a lot of production.
Speaker 5: They're gonna.
Speaker 1: Or move along, Trew said, O Joe, will you cover your betting table if you sign a picture I got I got on you for about late Oh, I'll cover the betting town if you signed the picture I got him, you and my late father.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I'm not gonna let you do that. Drew, I got you. No, you don't. You ain't got me, Drew.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna see you in New Orleans, Broy, I'm gonna see you in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: You see me all the time. Ain't Brooke Bread yet.
Speaker 5: I ain't seen you yet, you said.
Speaker 1: The Homiesay recently brought a Bingo cat named named him Ojo. Can I give y'all say and his cat Ojo a shout out? Yes?
Speaker 2: Say what up? Got a cat named Ojo? A Bingo cat nam Ojo? I like that? I like that? You like cats?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I like it that cat?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: And they be purring me out at you, y'all. I like them. I don't know about what you're talking about, but yes, I do show do show do?
Speaker 4: I like I like I'm talking about the specific cat that he's talking about. I don't like cats, like domesticated cat. I like bangle tiger cats.
Speaker 5: Yes, I like cat.
Speaker 2: I like keaty cat. You know what I'm talking about, what I'm talking about. I don't know what you're talking about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I ain't trying to get in no trouble, but I hear what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Aaron Owen says, I've been a historian of the NFL since I was eleven.
Speaker 2: I love the game.
Speaker 1: It's what I would like to be ray Nisky lunching and the room with the best of the bests. I wish I could experience that. Yes, an unbelievable feeling, the Raynisky lunching, Oh Joe, is that that's the first time that all of us, all the Hall of Famers are in there, and the Hall of Famers and the new guys that's going in they don't speak, but the veteran guys that are in the Hall of Fame, they tell you what's expected of you once you become a member.
Speaker 2: So you look around. Obviously, when you take the pick, you take the photo first, and so you.
Speaker 1: Look it around because you're in the front and you look around and you see Joe Green, you see lt you see this one?
Speaker 2: Do you see that one? You like? Damn, I grew up watching them.
Speaker 5: Mm hm wow. That's a great feeling, this one and that one.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the greats or the greats and you're like, I'm in this room. That must be mean. He told me. Yeah, boy, that's an unbelievable experience.
Speaker 1: And then to go back in that room the following years and then you get an opportunity to speak, and the other and the incoming the rookies listen to what you have to say. But it's a great feeling. It's an unbelievable feeling. It's unbelievable honor to be in that room, Oh Joe. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. Guys, please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and do it a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. I don't really need to tell you who I am, but I will. I'm your favorite on Shanna Shark. That guy is the Liberty City Legend, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Arter Reed, the Pro Bowl of it All, Pro That's chad O, Chosenko Johnson, and every subscriber counts.
Speaker 2: We thank you for your support.
Speaker 1: You guys showed up for us even after this game, when there are a lot of things you could have been doing, like watching paint dry, watching a worm fight.
Speaker 2: Well, hey aa, even for the last time. Maybe go get some.
Speaker 1: Leftover, But you chose to come and share it with Ocho or not, and we greatly greatly appreciate that. Make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier. We have it in stock. The holidays are here, what better way to celebrate than with a battle of Shave by Laportier. And unfortunately, if you cannot find it any city or state near you, just order it and we'll ship it right to you.
Speaker 2: And do me one more favor, please drake responsible.
Speaker 1: Go check out my media company page on all of its platforms that Shape Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four b spelled out. We had our latest drop just last month, with shirts and sweats as well as stocking stuffer such as beanies, cooses, and mugs. Quantities are limited, so please make sure you grab yours wild supplies last. Everyone receiving their orders hopefully you got Monday, Tuesday. Obviously, Wednesday was the holiday, Thursday and Friday, so hopefully everybody will have their shipment to them by Friday. Let us know that you received your order and what you think of the merchandise that you ordered. Tickets for the Super Bowl Show in New Orleans, our first spring tour stop on sale now. The Lincoln's pining at the top of the chat February sixth in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Be there great lineup of guests. You don't want to miss it.
Speaker 1: We've been nominated for two sportscasts two sports podcast awards, the Best American Football Podcast and the Best Sports Comedy Podcast.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you go vote.
Speaker 1: Give us a vote for us and the link that the chat pin on our social pages add in all of our social bios. We'll see y'all Saturday night. Can't wait to see you Saturday night. And what't very interesting? But hey, we gotta say it again. The Seahawks beat the Bears by the score of six to three, half a game back of the Los Angeles Rams. Uh. The Rams all right home the final two games to get the Cardinals on Sunday, and then the following week they played Seattle with the winner.
Speaker 2: Hey take it going winning on.
Speaker 1: So Seahawks win sixty three with a chance to stay up stay right behind the Los Angeles Rams. The Rams played the Cardinals on Sunday and then followed up with the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us. We'll see you Saturday after the game.
Speaker 1: The volume