Speaker 1: And now move the sticks with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.
Speaker 2: Welcome to move sticks.
Speaker 3: I am Bucky Brooks with my man lance Z joining me feeling and for Daniel, Jeremiah and Elz, today is a fun day because we got the playoffs ahead. But rather than do a traditional playoff preview that everybody in their mom is going to do, we want to preview the playoffs by using the quarterbacks kind of as the lynchpin to who we believe is going to have an opportunity to go far in the tournament. So what I want to do is we're going to talk about the fourteen quarterbacks that are in the playoffs. We're going to rank them in tiers. So we have four tiers. We have Tier one being the elites, Tier two being Jeff shat greatness these quarterbacks and knocking on the door of being elite. Tier three they're hot right now, but can they handle the playoff pressure? And Tier four unpredictable with some question marks. And so Lance I'm gonna let's throw out a quarterbacks. Let's talk about like in the AFC, we got Pat Mahomes, we have Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, c Shrowd, Justin Herbert Russell, Wilson, and bow Nicks. In the NFC, we got Jerry Goff, Dalon Hurts, Baker Mayfield, Matthew Stafford, Sam Donald, Jaden Daniels, and Jordan Love and so overall, what are your thoughts on the quarterbacks that are in the postseason tournament? Do you have a strong field or opinion all the guys they meet?
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: If we're gonna turn this out, you know, the elite quarterbacks to me, there are three and they're all in the AFC, and they're all one, two three. I know this hasn't been Pat mahomes best year, but out of respect, there's really nothing else that you can do but expect Pat Mahomes to show up at big moment. So I would say, you know, Mahomes, Seash Allen, and Lamar Jackson are in that tier one group.
Speaker 4: Is there anyone that you would add or.
Speaker 2: Some dreamy and saucy.
Speaker 3: So when we talk about the elites, the guys that are there, I agree with you in those three have my homes. Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson certainly is there. If there is someone that I would say is kind of on the line, This is tough because I go back and forth between like Justin Herbert and Jerry Goff. And the reason why I say Justin Herbert being the guy that I kind of put on that line is take the numbers.
Speaker 2: Away from this year.
Speaker 3: We've seen in previous years that Justin Herbert has played at that level. We've seen this year when they've had to rely on him to make plays, he's done it. I will put him in that Tier one category and I'll fight anybody else who says he shouldn't be in there. I just feel like talent wise, he has all of that and this is going to be a showcase opportunity for him to join in that conversation as being one of the elites at the position.
Speaker 1: One means that you can put the team on your back, though, right, yeah, go full great Jennings and put the whole team on you.
Speaker 4: You got that ability.
Speaker 1: You're good with him, Okay, because I know the other three can do it.
Speaker 2: The other three we've seen we've seen do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, look, okay, so you know what, I'll drop Herbert down to tier two. But if we're talking about the criteria for being elite is putting the team on the back.
Speaker 2: And then that means Jayde Daniels come on into the to the room.
Speaker 3: Because if that's the criterion, we Jayde Daniels has to come because we saw Jaydon Daniels put the Commanders on his back. He's looking he's Deck of the year. He was in the conversation for most of the season about being MVP until he hurt his ribs, and then at Lance when he got back healthy and they needed him, he's done that. I mean when I look at this commander's team for the elite players, I mean when you talking about Terry McLaurin, he doesn't have to really run into blackfield. The offensive line is an elite I mean, look, this dude is is kind of pulling rapids out of hats. So if anyone deserves to go in there, I would say that there are four guys those three that you mentioned in the AFC that.
Speaker 2: Mahomes, Josh and Lauren Jackson and then j Dands. Yeah, Jay and Danis has to be in there.
Speaker 4: I remind you my quarterback C. J. Stroud, he's in Tier four right now. Yeah, and that man was up having the same time.
Speaker 1: We were having the same conversations about CJ last year headed end of this year, and now CJ's in the unpredictable.
Speaker 4: With question marks. I mean, and I'm getting real, that's what that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's where he is.
Speaker 3: So I've seen the tier ones are the guys that we talked about having super hero powers, Pat Mahomes, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, and then my bonus fake is gonna be Jane Daniels. He gets into it. So now let's now let's go tier two. Because I talked about just Herbert, but I'm gonna put justin Herbert in tier two.
Speaker 2: Who deserves to be in that tier category.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go, I would say Herbert Golf. I mean, I take tier two very serious. So I'm gonna say Herbert off. I think you have to go Stafford out of respect for the game.
Speaker 4: And the game that.
Speaker 1: He can play like he can have those big games. And then I got to decide if I'm going to put hurts are Love there, and I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say, you know what, No, I'm not putting anyone else there.
Speaker 4: I'm done.
Speaker 3: Okay, So so we have Herbert, we have Golf, and we have Stafford.
Speaker 2: Those are the three. Those are the three that we have in Tier two.
Speaker 4: So Tier two.
Speaker 1: Is defined as it has been defined Tier two. Just these quarterbacks are knocking on the door of elite status. Now, obviously you can't really say that about Matt Stafford because he's an older quarterback, But in terms of can he rise to the occasion to have an elite game, because that's what we're talking about in the you know when once you get in the playoffs, I think he could still put together a big game. Yes, I think Herbert for sure is there. You have to put Jared Goff there.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Some people would argue with me about Stafford versus Love or Stafford versus Hearts, and I think it's a legitimate argument.
Speaker 4: I think it's a legitimate argument.
Speaker 2: Now, look, I think we're good.
Speaker 3: So like I think Herbert, Golf and Stafford, I would say yes to all of them.
Speaker 2: And in fact, I know.
Speaker 3: We could talk about Mayfield playing Gray, Sam Donald playing great, but then we're talking about being elite. Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with it. I think it's I think it's really tight. I think I think that's it. I think we it's debatable about the others. But if we're that means you ain't in the category because it should be clearly obvious. So all right, So we have four guys and Tier one home Mahomes Allan, Jackson Daniels. Tier two, we have Herbert Golf and Stafford Tier three, which is I mean.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm gonna switch it up.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna switch it up.
Speaker 1: Let's do Tier four first and then everyone else left is tier three? Okay, because I want to see I want to put you to the test and see who you believe is.
Speaker 4: The definition is unpredictable with.
Speaker 1: Question marks like where do you put where do you put CJ. Stroud, Where do you put Russell Wilson, Where do you put Sam I'm thinking Sam Donald's going to be Tier three obviously the only he played.
Speaker 4: Who do you think is tier four? Those guys that you think.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna unpredicted that you're gonna have them mad at me. Now I'm gonna get shouted out after the game. They're gonna be they be talking to the sideline reporter.
Speaker 2: That's a game.
Speaker 5: But Brooks, looky, I saw you handle that guy from U c l A. Back in the day after he stared at you. I'm not worried about you. I'm not worried about you. I've seen you deal with those guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see, all right, So we're talking about the unable. Look, so Russell Wilson has to be there, based on how they're playing right now.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 3: Stroud has to be in that conversation. Unpredictable with question marks I'm putting.
Speaker 1: I'm putting Nixon there, man, I don't know what.
Speaker 6: He put it down against the Kansas City Chiefs. I'm putting Nickson all the Kansas City Chiefs, they put it down. They barely even suited up for that game. All right, it gets there.
Speaker 4: We had to get the Bengals up out of there, all right. So we got two dates. Okay, so we c J.
Speaker 2: Straw, Russell Wilson, bow Knicks.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, bo Nicks, I don't know about you.
Speaker 5: Bucky, but i'm gonna say I haven't seen them playing this kind of rookies in these big games.
Speaker 4: It's rough, it's rough. And where does he go?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm?
Speaker 4: All right, old weather Buffalo?
Speaker 2: All right, So we got bow Knicks in force. And now what we're saying is the guy.
Speaker 4: We don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm to make it out I'm coming with you. Hey, hey, hey, no no argument, no argument for me. But I'm just I'm just saying, I just want to make sure because I'm putting this out there for the universe, and I want to make sure you feel okay about when they when they start, they start me and Muggy you and they start talking about and Zarren wrote this.
Speaker 2: But I didn't right back and all that. I just want to make sure you're okay, okay being the coming after you.
Speaker 4: I've already I've already got that Matt Jorden.
Speaker 1: I'm his enemy for life because he thought I had a bad scatter report on him. Supposedly Juju Smith huesh Or retweeted him running for a long touchdown. I circled my scatter import and said he didn't have long speed, which he doesn't and didn't.
Speaker 2: I was right.
Speaker 1: And then I've got dk Metcalf, who I gave the highest grade of anybody like in the whole draft to sphere. He's got my weaknesses cut out and put in his locker. I'm used to Bucky, Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm not you'd be getting to smoke from folks talking fucking bad about it.
Speaker 2: You're getting.
Speaker 1: Hey, once you put out one mock draft on NFL dot com and the NFL retweets it, you will never.
Speaker 4: Have most more smoke in your entire life. You know that you're right. I feel comfortable putting I.
Speaker 1: Feel comfortable putting Sam Darnold and and and uh Baker Mayfield in the third category, the hot players. I feel comfortable with them being I think they're a perfect fit from tier three.
Speaker 4: I'm curious though, on like.
Speaker 1: Love, once we get to love Hurts, who else whom I'm missing here loving Hurts?
Speaker 4: I guess Love and Hurts?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Are they tier three? We bump them in a tier two?
Speaker 3: I can't put them in. I can't put them into two. I can't put them knocking on the door to delete.
Speaker 4: So I don't either. If that's the definition, I can't do.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't say they knocking on the door. M hmm.
Speaker 3: Man, I look, I think I think that's where we act though. I think we have to put Hurts Love in that category, like they've been high. But then we got to see how they're gonna handle the playoff freshure, right, I mean unless you unless you're trying to drop them down to unpredictable with some question marks.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't really have some you can't. I guess you could try to make that argument if you want.
Speaker 1: Some people might argue that for Jalen Hurts because you know some issues in the playoffs at the time.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do that right now.
Speaker 2: So you've heard Love overhears or hears, so.
Speaker 1: I would personally put well, I think Love can control the game potentially with passing, but I think of the two teams, I feel better with how Hurts doesn't have to do as much.
Speaker 4: So it's that I think.
Speaker 1: Because you don't just like Justin Herbert doesn't have to do as much as he used to, which has made him a better quarterback.
Speaker 4: Josh Allen, the running game has.
Speaker 1: Improved this year, so in a weird way, it's taken a lot of pressure off of him.
Speaker 4: He still performs at a high level.
Speaker 1: He does the same things he's always done, but he didn't feel that same pressure.
Speaker 4: I think Jordan Love feels a tremendous well.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he feels the pressure, but it's there, like he's got to do a lot for them to win, and I don't think you know the team that he's playing. I don't think Hurts has to do as much to win. So I think Hurts can kind of free stroke it out there. I think he can play loose and free, and I think with Love, Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna put him both than three though, but I would put Hurts above Love just for this playoff run.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we got Bakery. We got Baker Mayfield in there, right, we feel good about.
Speaker 4: We got Baker's gonna be Bakers. Who would you put ahead? Okay?
Speaker 1: So if we're ranking them, so we're ranking the top four, how are you ranking those.
Speaker 2: Four quarterbacks the top four?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And there in group three, we got Hurts, we got Love, we got Baker, we got Sam Darnald.
Speaker 4: How you how you sack.
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Baker's is right on the line because I think Baker is Baker's smoking right now, like he's bumping up against the tier two situation. So I would go Baker first, then Sam Murs, I think.
Speaker 2: Then I would say Love and then Hurts.
Speaker 4: Baker really is playing well that that Lion's game shaped a little bit with Sam.
Speaker 2: Donald, He's blowing leaves.
Speaker 3: Me in fact, man, when you really look at the season that Baker had, Man, you can talk about you can talk about Baker being right up in Tier two almost man like. He's I mean, the way he's played, he's, you know what, Baker like. I think I'm gonna move Baker up to Tier two. I think I'm gonna move Baker. Baker had forty five yard I think I think I think.
Speaker 4: We were done with Baker. The league was the league was done with Baker.
Speaker 1: He was just they somehow scraped him off the sidewalk to play for the Rams and he pulled pulled that Rams went out of his out of his hat.
Speaker 4: Two years ago.
Speaker 2: I remember that body.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was like for Baker, good for Baker.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: And that is the lesson to be learned when we talk about the quarterbacks and those things. Hey man, that thing is not easy, and sometimes you got to give guys opportunities to find their way to other situations. And Baker found a home and it's really worked out for him.
Speaker 4: Let's let's look at that eighteen draft again.
Speaker 1: Now, two years ago, we would have said, Josh Lamar and a bunch of trash. What you're saying, is Josh and Lamar guys. Baker Mayfield, what a resurgence, what a what a good quarterback he is. And look at Sam Darnold. He just needed to have right play caller, the right pieces around him.
Speaker 4: And now you're just.
Speaker 1: Left with Joshua what's his name, Josh Josh Rosen. I mean, Josh Rosen's out. But those other four guys now, all of a sudden, the twenty eighteen quarterback draft. So it looks a lot different, doesn't.
Speaker 2: It looks a lot different, And it tells you about a couple of things.
Speaker 3: He tells you about the patience that you need to have for quarterback, but it also how important the environment, the situation is. Right environment, right situation, right play called, all these guys can have success.
Speaker 1: But I do think that Alan, I think Josh Allen and Lamar, I think they transcend. I think they transcend where they are, like, I think they could be these guys wherever you put them. Eventually, as long as you put decent pieces around them, I think those guys are going to be special. There's very that to me, those are the guys that should get paid the biggest money. Like right now, the NFL has a mode where they next up. I guess you're just next up to get fifty million.
Speaker 4: Want to operate that way. Baseball is like, no, if you're not that good, you don't get paid like that.
Speaker 1: Realistically, the guys at that stat at that level that can succeed through adversity, can succeed no matter where they are, that are special. I mean, I know we got three of them for sure that are all playing in the AFC. They're in the AFC playoffs. I think maybe you put both. You maybe have to put Joe Burrow there, as long as he's healthy. Joe Burrow looks like he's got that special. We're waiting to see it on Jayden Daniels. You made a case for him. I got to see it happen for for two to three years because I'm worried after what happened with CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud this year. But it just goes to show you that, man, you can want those.
Speaker 1: You can want the next Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: And everyone loves to throw Josh a dray may he can next Josh Allen. You could also be chasing a unicorn. So there's not a lot of those.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of Josh Allen's running aund There's not a lot of Lamar Jackson's. There's definitely not a lot of Pat Mahomes running around. And so we got Jayden to Lamar, we got I guess Drake may maybe to Josh Allen would be the comparison. And then we had the Caleb Williams and Patrick Mahomes. Those are rough comparisons, man, that's a that's a high, high bar.
Speaker 7: You gotta and so if you're gonna set that bar, you better help them coaching, help them with offensive line, and help them with being patient.
Speaker 4: And that's the lesson of that eighteen draft.
Speaker 1: But no one's given Baker Mayfield five six years, like no one's given Sam that must say. It's just if you're in a bad situation and you can't do it, gotta go, gotta go.
Speaker 3: That's the way it is. Is It is such an interesting thing. That's fascinating. I can't wait to kind of see how it plays out. Interesting conversation. So Lance, we'll come back after the break. Let's talk about the NFLPA All Pro lists, all right, Lance, So the nfl PA just release their all pro teams for the twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 2: On offense, we'll go through it.
Speaker 3: Lamar Jackson, you have Brock Bowers, Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, Takwon Barkley, Cal's you check, Tristan Wirfs, Joe Touney, Benna Sewell, Chris Linstrom, and Create Humphrey. On defense, the first team features Christ Jones, Jalen Carter, Trey Hendrickson, Miles Garrett, Dexter, Lawrence Roklan Smith, Fred Warner.
Speaker 2: Any Cayle Hamilton, and Pat Sortan Any.
Speaker 4: You can't score on you cannot score on that. You don't think we score well, we're not scoring on that.
Speaker 2: D So let's let's let's talk about Let's talk about the offense first. So Lamar Jackson gets.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, wait, wait, wait, this offense is pretty strong.
Speaker 2: I mean you were talking about that he scored. I'm like, what you mean, I can't.
Speaker 4: I need I need to see that game. I mean I need to see I want that. I want that game.
Speaker 2: I mean looked at the fascinating things.
Speaker 3: So the first thing that stands out to me, Lance, how about rock bout you know, doing the draft process. I know we always talk about like best player available, and for a lot of us, brought powers was one of the two three best players in the draft, and he drops goes out up ten. But then he comes and he plays. He is everything that we talked about. What do you think about his season in Las Vegas?
Speaker 4: Incredible?
Speaker 1: It's not like like you knew Brock was going to get the ball and it didn't matter. He went in there, and then we have to have those conversations about where your draft tight ends and the value of tight end is not good in the first round, and you know, and then he comes out and has over one hundred catches, over a thousand yards receiving, He breaks all these rookie records.
Speaker 4: He arguably is the offensive Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 1: He won't win it, but I mean, if you want to just go by numbers, rock Bowers is your winner, it's gonna be Jayden, and I think Jayden deserves to win it this year. But you can make a case for Brock and have no problem. Brock is an all Pro. Brock is an all role and he's not gonna win Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 4: Let that sink. My man is the one in the league.
Speaker 2: He is, and win in the league.
Speaker 3: And you're right, And I made a case a couple of weeks ago on my notebook on NFL dot com.
Speaker 2: Dad, Look, he should be certainly a contingent, he should do it.
Speaker 3: But the end that Jayden Daniels reappeared, and Jayden Daniels just does the thing. I mean, he put the thing. He put the whammy on the Eagles to clinch your playoff berth. And then he comes back to knock up to the Cowboys. He continues to do his thing and went healthy. This dude is dynamic.
Speaker 2: And look, man, we can.
Speaker 3: Talk about Lamar Jackson all the wonderful things that Lamar Jackson was able to do, but the rookie Jaye Daniels was more polished as a passer and playmaker than Lamar Jackson was at this stage. And I love what ja Lamar Jackson was able to do in terms of his dynamic playmaking ability. How he may be a three time MVP if they look at the numbers as opposed to the story that has been the field good story that Josh Allen has been, It's going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: Saikamon Barkley, Look.
Speaker 3: I think it is fascinated that he is up there two thousand yard season. They sat him out the last game, he potentially could have broke the record, but to Eric Dickerson's delight, they sat him out and so Ed is able to hold on to the record. But look, it's just fascinating. And we talked about the lineman. I mean, Tristan Wurston missed some games, but he's up there, benne Sewel, Chris Linstrom, Greet Humphrey, all of those guys are in the mix.
Speaker 2: Defensively, though, we talked about that man, Jalen.
Speaker 3: Carter and what he's been able to do for the Philadelphia Eagles, the fact that he is an All Pro. When we throw grays on players and we talked about those top five, top teen grades. We're throwing those grades forecasting that those guys are going to be All pros early in their career. Jalen Carter has been all that in a bag of.
Speaker 4: Chips right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has Trey Hendrickson, you know, Miles Garretts, Miles Garrett's he's one on one. I mean, he's you know, he'll go down as one of the great pass rushers of all time. But Trey Hendrickson has was unbelievable and you know, you and I will be doing draft stuff down the road, but it just goes to show you. I mean I remember watching Trey Hendrickson at the East West Shrine game and like, man, that dude's got a nice spin move. Hey, he just kind of knows his way around the pocket. He's got feel as a rusher. They come from anywhere, They come from everywhere. Chris Jones was the late first, Jayleen Carter was a dude, Miles Garrett was a dude. Extra Lawrence was a dude. Trey Hendrickson was like a fourth rounder. So they can come from anywhere. Max Crosby, who did not make the list, I mean, he's kind of like Trey Hendrickson. You know, those dudes are built a little different. They just their mentality is different. They're talented and they just play with like just a tenaciousness as rushers that you know you match it with the skill and uh and you can go find guys. But it is it's interesting. I look at both the offensive defense like it's a mixture of dudes coming out and then guys like there was no doubt on Saquan Lamar, Well, Lamar had questions, but Saquan Jamar, Chase rock Bauers Tristan Wurf like Piney Sewel.
Speaker 4: But then you run into Chris lin Linstrom who was the second round guard, and you run into Joe Toney, and then you know the Trey Hendrickson. So you know Fred Warner. I remember watching Fred Warner.
Speaker 1: Like, man, this guy, I'm gonna put him in a fourth I bet he could be a good backup and maybe.
Speaker 4: An eventual starter. I really like him.
Speaker 5: And then you know he has he has a good backup to eventual starter.
Speaker 1: I thought he had a chance to become an eventual an eventual starter. Instead he's the most dynamic linebacker in the game today. And then you know, I think it's another interesting point is it's Patzertan who me was the cleanest corner that I've written in ten years since I've been doing this here at NFL dot com. Then you have Derek Stingley, who the Singly Sauce thing was getting Houston was ready to run Nick Caserio out of town because you have sauce.
Speaker 4: Look how good sauce is. Now fast forward.
Speaker 1: You know, three years, and Derek Stingley right now is the better player of those two guys, and he's playing at a ridiculous level. And of course Kyle Hamilton, who I had as the number one player on my board, just ahead of Aiden Hutchinson. Kyle Hamilton has been an unbelievable difference maker over there.
Speaker 2: He has been an unbelievable difference maker.
Speaker 3: Making the move to free safety has been everything for them, you know, in terms of just giving him a stability and what it shows you lance. Like a lot of times when we get into the comment and we start working about we start talking about speed and length and all of these things that are measurable and you have to have those. Sometimes it takes away from what we fall in love with on tape. And Kylar Hamilton was a top five player on tape and we got caught up in the workouts and those things, and he was a top five player on tape at free safety, and when they moved him back to his natural position, he's been nothing short sensational and it's one of the reasons why this.
Speaker 2: Defense has played better down the stretch.
Speaker 3: He's given them that impact player in the middle of the field and it's worked out for them.
Speaker 2: And it's just a lesson.
Speaker 3: When we talk about like the draft and the tape and all that I'll say this and we can't technically do it, but we should do it. Put your pencils down before you get to the combine because everything that happens from combine through the workouts only influence you. It takes away from what you really believed when you watch the tape. So if you're one of these guys that loves to do the work and all that, get all the work done before the combine, because after the combine, the numbers can influence you to believe one way or the other. Did the player is not as good as you think or is even better than you thought based on watching the tape.
Speaker 2: Watching the tape first, don't let the numbers way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great point because the numbers the workouts have, you know, they have created doubt with people. It happened to uh despite the fact that he looked like a Greek god and ran really, really fast, there were people who convinced himself the DK Metcalf's three condrill was the end of the world.
Speaker 2: Look got bad.
Speaker 4: This guy's three condrell is he will never be a good wide receiver.
Speaker 1: And then the list of wide receivers who got drafted ahead of.
Speaker 4: Him was criminal uh, in some elements, you know, in some regards, so yeah, you gotta you gotta, you can't be.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing, scouting with your ears. That's a big problem too. When you have a belief and you start getting different input than what you're thinking, you have a tendency to.
Speaker 4: Kind of challenge your own thoughts and it's sending it.
Speaker 1: Funny, Bucky, how often we go back a year or two later and said, I knew I was right on this guy.
Speaker 4: I knew I was right.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It is funny how they goes like you know you're right, you don't trust it. You talk to so many different people, you can't get swayed by the group I think. You know, it takes you off of the players that you truly to believe in. But man, sometimes you have to write these little things down on note cards and put them away and tuck them away before the combine and then go back to them the week or two leading to the draft. The guys that you love, the list of players that you really love, because ultimately the ones that you fell in love with on tape are gonna be the ones that you uh fall in love with again. When we started seeing them at the NFL love mm hmm.
Speaker 4: It's interesting because Chris Jones was that guy for me. I watched him against.
Speaker 1: LSU and I saw him do things against LSU that I thought this humans shouldn't be able to do that, But he didn't have you know, there wasn't a lot of There wasn't a lot of And plus I love the traits, but he's a little upright.
Speaker 4: When he played, his pad level was a little high.
Speaker 1: When guys do things that are freaky against good opponents, it's real. I mean it's real when Darius Leonard aka Shack Leonard, when he fills up every statistical category known to man, but then he gets heard, doesn't run a forty or whatever and falls in the draft and him becomes an All Pro his rookie year. Now granted, you know, I mean he's he's I think he's out of the league completely right now, as as in Devon White too, so his linebackers don't last as long.
Speaker 4: But man, when they burn, they burn bright, they.
Speaker 1: Burn really right, especially if they played and ro Colan Smith was that guy in college.
Speaker 4: Can't believe Ryan Bowls in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Let him go, like you know, he's He's one of those alphas that you want in the middle of that defense. And look at what he's done for the Ravens. It's almost criminal. How the Ravens pickoff player like that, It's unbelievable. Kyle Hamilton, ro Kwan Smith in years past, Halloding Nada, they get their hands on Lamar Jackson by trading to but they don't look into it.
Speaker 4: They're just good. They're good at what they.
Speaker 3: They're good at what they do because they stick to the conviction that is created by what they see on tape. When you look at the Ravens over time, they have been one of the teams that have always said we stay tried and true to the tape. They don't get swayed by workouts and those things, and it's one of the things that has helped him consistently pick good players. And they have been able to pick good players at every level of the first or whatever round.
Speaker 2: If you just go back and look at their history, they're able to do it.
Speaker 3: And to me, Lance, when you look at them, just remember the conversation that the center from Iowood Lindstrom, you know, and everyone talks about all his arms are short or whatever. But when you watch three years of tape, he's just dominating people at the point of attack. They go and get good football players, and good football players tend to be really good football players when they get to the pros.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tyler Linderbaum, Yes, yeah, yeah, he's he was. Yeah.
Speaker 1: His arms are a little short. He runs like a four six forty. What are you talking about? This man can get to any angle on the planet. He gets you hooked.
Speaker 4: He's tough.
Speaker 2: He was a.
Speaker 4: Wrestler, like, you're right, And that's the other thing.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you got to make sure that you don't fall in love with the body types like it's important. But I'm just looking through this list like it's really important looking through the list.
Speaker 4: But brock Bauers didn't have that. He wasn't a money type.
Speaker 1: Now, Lindstrom was just okay, not not a special you know, physical specimen. Trey Hendrickson is kind of squaring off, doesn't look you know, he doesn't have the Miles Garrett now. But a lot of these guys, really it is. It is amazing though, when you look at this trades matter. I'm looking at the list right now, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, whoa.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jamar Saquan Chris Jones, Jalen Carter, Miles, Garrett Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 4: I mean, hey, trades matter, Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 3: It certainly, it certainly matters. And when you have the traits and the tape, that's when you go. It's when you mess it up one way to where you go too far to the traits and the tape doesn't match, or you go too far on the film and the traits are not there. You have to have some requirements and some minimums, but you are seeing that it plays out. So that was the nfl PA All Pro Lists, some commentary on those guys.
Speaker 2: Then we had the Tears.
Speaker 3: I'm already getting blown up because I tweeted out some of the Tears stuff and.
Speaker 2: People are mad at me.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: They mad about the Jade and Daniels thing. They're mad about the Jay danisty that's my pick, Jaye Daniels. They're mad about it.
Speaker 4: These don't tell me you added me.
Speaker 3: Please, don't put you on that won't match you, because they would get mad at you.
Speaker 1: Because I've got.
Speaker 2: To get this. One would be on you about the c. J. Stroud thing.
Speaker 3: But now we spared you, We saved you. Thanks Station Jumping in but DJ this was moved the sticks. We will talking to you guys next week after all the playoffs