Speaker 1: The regular season is wrapped and the NBA Playoffs are finally here, and there's no better way to cash in on high flying hoops action than Prize Picks, a preferred partner of the NBA. Every basket, every dive, every win means more when you're playing on Prize Picks, So don't pass up the net shot with Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. Do it live twenty twenty six NBA Finals week Stick Alert pick live squares during the NBA Playoffs and you could win a trip for two to the NBA Finals. To enter, you just make a five dollars lineup with at least one live player pick during any part of the twenty twenty six NBA Playoffs. Live player picks are picks made after a game is already in progress. Prize Picks is simple to play. You know this playoff season, I'm all in on La Always, Lebron, Lebron, Lebron more more more, Get in on the action. Prize Picks is now available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Florida, and Georgia. Download the Prize Pick app today. Use coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in line ups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. Prize picks a preferred partner of the NBA. Boy, we had some exciting games tonight. This is what the NBA is all about. Not that bullgye that we saw the other night. This is what it's about here. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite unk, my partner in co hosts Liberty City's own Bingo Great that is Chad O Josenko Johnson and the seven time NBA All Star from the Atlanta Hawks. University of Arkansas lum that is Iso Joe Johnson. Yeah, you've been tweeting all there he goes. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys for your support and your continue support is nights like this that we greatly appreciate your eyes, ears and your word of mouth. So again, thank you for your support and you continue support. Those looking to purchase a bottle of Shade by Lapotier head over to La Portierkannac dot com if it's aren't currently unavailable and they stay or sitting near youth. Remember as a premium vsop kanyak that drinks more like an x sole. But what you should do is try and compare it against other kanyacts you may have tried, are looking to try, and you'll see we have the best tastings to mooth this kangjact on the market. Please please drink responsibly and stay safe. The Wolves head into Denver and tie the season. Excuse me the series at one one. Rudy Gobert. I thought this was the first time that I've actually seen someone actually bother Nicola Jokic. Rudy Gobert bothered tonight, Joe and this was one of the reasons that they won. And Rudy, a last couple of games, you only had two points, but your presence were greatly greatly felt.
Speaker 2: Ant man was that man jew Randal did with Jude Randal? Does I mean?
Speaker 1: They just got an all around team effort tonight And that was the difference in the ball game is they go in and get a one nineteen, one to fourteen victory over the Denver Nuggets, and now, Joe said, the series doesn't start to the roll team wins a game on the opposing team's court, and both road teams two of the three road teams tonight won on the opposing team hit home court. Joe, how to Minnesota do it? They were down by nineteen in the second quarter, and all of a sudden, you look up and they're tired at half.
Speaker 3: Heymen, he there may no dogs over there, Ojoe. They got some young wolves over there. You and me, ay, amen. The resiliency that they showed in that first half to get down by what eighteen nineteen points and then come back and fight back and take the league and from there, you know, pretty much manage the game throughout. I want to give a huge shot out to Rudy go Barr and the challenge that he took making Yokis take them tough shots.
Speaker 2: That's what it's about.
Speaker 3: Not only that, but you see what Minnesota game plan is, Yokis, You ain't gonna let your ass rest on defense. Now we're gonna seek you out in this picking roll. We're gonna go at you every time. You're gonna have to guard and you're gonna have to score, assist. They making him work. Man, Hey, them boys look good tonight.
Speaker 2: Man. I thought what it did?
Speaker 1: I thought in the first in the first half, guys, yo, just watching him. He was really trying to get everybody involved. Joe, he really wasn't doing anything. And then all of a sudden he didn't shoot.
Speaker 3: He didn't take his first shot to about three minutes in the first quarter.
Speaker 1: And then you go, look at Rudy getson foul trouble in the third quarter and they bring nads read in and all of a sudden he started honting. I think he scored sixteen seventeen points in the third quarter because he started hunting. No, He's like, oh no, no, no, you got no chance. You ain't got enough bricks in your back pocket. Even though Rudy might not have bricks in his back pocket, he has length that could disturb me, that can bother me. You see the night eight of twenty one of seven from the three you can live with that, You can live with that in your hand. He only had eight assists. So if I'm gonna make you a subfision, and I'm not gonna allow to have double digits that meet. Other guys are getting clean easy looks. Yeah, I can live with that. I just got one question, Joe Ojo. Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what Jamal and Murray was thinking. They're down three, he gets to pick from Yokic and have a shot at a clean three. He passes it up to walk inside and take her two. He had to be confused and thought they were down by two. There is no other way to explain what he did. Yeah, I think he was. I don't know what he was thinking on that play, honestly, but man, he looked. He looked great in that first quarter, obviously shooting eleven for twenty five.
Speaker 3: If I'm Minnesota, I'm gonna live with that. As you know what I mean, we making all of them, were making them dudes work man, We limiting everybody else. Hardaway came off the bench and gave you great production. But for the most part, man, you just got to handle them two monsters. And if you can collectively have guys from the Minnesota Timberwolds step up. Nast reed. I like the Desimo kid from UH from the Bulls. I love the energy that he played with. You know what, Hollywood, good tonight bones Hollow was big because he was the key.
Speaker 1: He and the uh they were the key in the second quarter to getting them back in the ball game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, life.
Speaker 4: I mean shit tonight game. Goddamn Wood the Blue Wolves. The Wolves played really good.
Speaker 2: Unk.
Speaker 4: They were down, they were down back hell a whole, a whole heave of a lot. You know, in the first half, I thought it was gonna be one of those game, Jo, I'm gonna just be honest with YOUHNK. I thought I was gonna have to turn it off. And then, you know, in the second quarter, I thought it was it was gonna be a blowout. Not only were they losing by seventeen eighteen at one point, Yogis wasn't even doing nothing. He wasn't eve involved. He was just facilitating. He hadn't even inserted himself into the ball game yet. Hell I get up, I go to God damn waffa house. I come back. But hey, Joe, the game tied up. The game is tied up. Let's talk about you know the word you use for resiliency. I can't even spell it, but I know how to say it. And that's what the Bulls working night. Goddamn ant Man is gonna always be ant man. The Vincenzo Well, he came to play ball. Goddamn Judis Randall came to play ball. Listen, Rudy Gobert didn't did nothing on offense, but defensively, using that length to to dishrupt everything that got Joka wanted to do was phenomenal. Now we can get him to play like this every goddamn night. You know, maybe now on the defense end. Going on the defense end always make a thing difficult for Yo Kics. I think they got a good chance, maybe not to win the series, but to take them young Bulls the goddamn seven.
Speaker 3: And you don't think Minnesota got a chance to win, Yeah.
Speaker 4: The series, Joe hold On, I understand what you're talking about. Now. One of the missing pieces to night for the guy damn nuggets. Now, Aaron Gordon, we need something from you that baby, Aaron, Aaron Gordon, we need, we need more from you outside of nine goddamn points nine.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, I seen I seen a lot of warves to night.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm talking.
Speaker 3: About dudes that were just relentless it was like almost on some on some real debo backyard basketball type.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like for real, Joe. You know, like I.
Speaker 3: Always tell y'all, you know, in the playoffs, Bro, we already know your plays. Now, we just got to master this energy that y'all got. Oh, you know, playing in Denver, it's tough. It's up there, the hands on knees. What I'm talking first quarter, first quarter, you be gassing for air. So I know, I know, I know what it takes to go in that building and win, Bro, and man. Denver a tough team. But the timber Wolves, this is what I'm talking about. When you had the other guys step up, when your bench play like that Hiland or something, move and read, all those guys chip in with ten, eleven, twelve point and you got your big gun man leading away.
Speaker 2: Minnisola gonna be tough to be Bro.
Speaker 1: If I can make, if I can make Jamal Murray and Yo Kic Shooter combined nineteen or forty five, yes, I can live with that. I know they had fifty eight points, but it was the inefficiency in which they shot the basketball.
Speaker 2: I live with that.
Speaker 1: Yo's gonna have if Yogi's gonna give you twenty four points on twenty shots, I live with that. If Jaman Burry's gonna give you twenty five, gonna give you thirty points on twenty five shots, I'll live with that. But I can't have Yokid giving you twenty four or eleven shots. I can't have Jamal Murray going to the free throw line and shooting seventeen eighteen free throws.
Speaker 2: So they did a great job. Remember Joe, he shot sixteen.
Speaker 1: Well, with sixteen to sixteen, he was two or two for the Yeah, So Finch like, hey man, if we keep his ass off the line, if he makes tough shots, we gotta live with that.
Speaker 2: Gotta live with that.
Speaker 1: Got too, got too he hit, I mean, think about it. He had two and one threes in the first quarter. They had three and one thres in the first quarter, and they were stood there. Valentouna's if you notice, Valentini's didn't play anymore after that bull drive.
Speaker 2: He pulled it in the second quarter and it cost him the game.
Speaker 1: Late in the ball game because when yok was on the bench, they couldn't get it.
Speaker 2: Off into rebounds.
Speaker 1: They couldn't get any rebounds so now they keep it now the second chance points started to pile up all because they had lost confidence in Valentunas because he was liket there bull driving around, get picking up dumb files, getting technical calls. He would just do it on some bull drive and he didn't see the floor again. Hey, I'm giving I like Jaydon Daniels.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you why even him and Rudy Gobert are very keys uh to Minnesota winning this series. I'm gonna tell y'all why because of that length of both long and great defenders, and if they can stay disciplined like they were disciplining a night Ocho, not going for a lot of them pump fakes and all that contesting late, making Yoga shoot all them tough shots, hell making, making Murray take over twenty five taking twenty five shot some more.
Speaker 2: Bro, you're gonna be to live with that.
Speaker 3: You're gonna make it work because remember now Murray got off to that hot speed, yeah twenty three in the first half, Joe, Yeah, but in the first quarter here he was hottest. He's the first quarter. That's that's why Yoga's really was shooting. He's seen how hot he was. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I thought, I thought Jay McDaniel's kind of wore him down too.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm That's.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying by chasing him, uh, making it tough for him picking him up. And that's what you gotta expect when it comes late in the games.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: That extended pressure is what's gonna help you prevail if you got guys who can play that type of defense.
Speaker 2: For forty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: I thought, I thought Aaron Gordon took for some fourthsome shots and threes. I thought Jamal Murray, Uh, the frustration and the fatigue started to mount on him, and they took some really tough shots.
Speaker 2: That was on called.
Speaker 1: There's no way you taking a double pump clutch a three point shot. You can't tell me there's not a better shot to be had than what you just did. Jamal Burrah ain't nowhere in here, eric I airBaltic. You can't tell me there's not a better shot to be had if you swing it one more time. Ay, maybe swinging and it comes back to you. But I thought, look, and it wasn't. Even though you can say okay, yoke and Murray didn't play well where there had to be a reason. Okay, what was the reason that they didn't play well? Minnesota timber Woods. Now you look at Rudy and people go like, y'all keep talking about Rudy. The man had two points and no blocks and he's a four time defensive Player of the Year. But all those shots that he altered. You look at Yoki Yo Kis felt his presence. All those guys going to the lane, they felt his presence. Sometimes it's not about blocking the shot. Sometimes it's about making you think, nah, I ain't got nothing that let me pull this thing back out. Whereas before Jo Kisch was having his way with Rudy Gobert, and the better part of his career he's had his way, but not tonight.
Speaker 2: Rudy.
Speaker 1: Rudy deserved a gay Joe, you said it. Jude Randall played well. He was seven or four team Jay McDaniel's seven to fifteen, Dante Ji Vincenzo, that big three that he pulled up from like twenty four to twenty.
Speaker 2: Five was huge. He had sixteen big points.
Speaker 1: Ad Man had thirty, nas Reed had eleven, Bones Highland at thirteen, But Rudy Gobert those two points.
Speaker 2: What you able to do against Jokic.
Speaker 1: That was the key the difference in the ball game because if you let him be efficient.
Speaker 2: He took twenty shots, so.
Speaker 1: If he shoot his normal fifty seven percent, that means he's gonna make thirteen or fourteen of those. Joke, So now all of a sudden, twenty four, it's gonna be thirty two, thirty four. Yeah, fifteen and eight. Now we might be having a different discussion, but simbable. If y'all dug deep, y'all showed me something that take a quarter.
Speaker 4: Now, now listen, we talk about them digging deep, obviously, and you look at the series being tied one one. If I'm not seeking, I think both of y'all, if I'm not mistaken, correct me if I am wrong. When we talked about this series, I could have swore both of you picked the Nuggets to win, because I forgot that might have been you gonna say, I'm not betting a getting joke if if I'm correct me, if I'm wrong, I'm not better, I picked the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: Now I don't. I don't think. I mean we have to run the tape back.
Speaker 4: Okay, it might have been. I'm just saying after seeing the game to night after seeing the way the timber Wolves played, does your decision on the goddamn Nuggets winning this series? Does a change now based on the way the Wolves played?
Speaker 2: What you think?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 1: No, because I don't believe Rudy Gobert can play like this three more games?
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's yet to be a scene, I think.
Speaker 3: But but but that is questionable. Can can can Minnesota? Can they? Can they carbon copy a game like this?
Speaker 2: Again? You know you got home court advantage? Now?
Speaker 3: So can you throw home? Protect your house at home? That's basically all you need to do now? Okay, yeah, yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: You look, but I think the figures you gotta be careful because if you're not careful, you have a let down. Say oh we got we did we we did what we came to do, which was still a game and get home court. And I been damn if you don't go home and let your guard down and they take it right back. So the thing is now and tells what you do? You break serve? Can you consolidate it? You break somebody served?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Can you win the next Service game? Now?
Speaker 1: And you put pressure on them now if you let them if you can't consolidate it, what have you done?
Speaker 2: You let them take home court right back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the thing, that's what you don't want to do because you know when you hey, when you're playing.
Speaker 2: On the road, it's just you and your team, as.
Speaker 3: You feel me like, you know, it ain't nobody else out there with y'all. It's just y'all. So you know you got that you feel me. Ain't nobody really in your space?
Speaker 2: You know what you mean?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, meaning like your family, maybe your wife, your girl, your kid, is all that. But man, when you get back home, you know, all that's now.
Speaker 2: You know, now.
Speaker 3: You're back picking up kids from school and you're doing all this extra stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm keeping it real, bro, And.
Speaker 3: Then you start to let your guard down a little bit. And now in game three, like damn, we did all that for.
Speaker 1: Now, you let your guard down, Joe, because you know why you at home, you're comfortable.
Speaker 2: You done got comfortable. You know what I'm saying. When you on the road, that ain't your bed.
Speaker 1: Hey, you get your ass up, you walk downstairs, you eat breakfast, you know, you go to shoot a round.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. On the road.
Speaker 4: But now you and your whip, you drive.
Speaker 1: It to the stadium, listen to your tombs, You do it all the stuff that you don't normally do on the road. So you done got comfortable, whereas before you weren't comfortable. And so they come in. They flipped the road. They're uncomfortable, they're desperate. They know that they ate in order because now Minnesota said, all we gotta do is just hold serve. We ain't got to win another game in Denver. All we got to do is whole serve at home and we good. Hey boy, can I can see I can see Kevin gar.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, Jo Joe, Joe, Joe, you on it. But Joe, you know something, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been trying. I've been trying to.
Speaker 4: Tell you that one thing about it. But Joe, what what game?
Speaker 2: It's just a guy?
Speaker 3: What We We got more games to talk about. But this, yes, just one game, but we end up the playoffs start.
Speaker 2: Enough team wins.
Speaker 4: When a team wins away, Hello, I'm with you, Joe, with you. We got some bad we're playing a Joe. Matter of fact, Hey, you you smart, but you know somethingbody, this thing it almost acts like you like you played before.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, hey, hey listen, listen, I don't have my fast show with you.
Speaker 2: I kind of I know a little something, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: It looked like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you and the whole too.
Speaker 4: By the way, I wait, I wait, I wait, go ahead, I wait.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I just thought. I just thought.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was thinking the same thing everybody was thinking. They got out to that great start with it'scored thirty seven, thirty nine points in the first quarter, thinking of nineteen in the second quarter, and then all of a sudden, Uh, you get bones highling, you get the soul mold, you get those guys come in and they chip away, and before you know it, the nineteen and all of a sudden it's eight, and all of a sudden it's four, And all of a sudden, you're like, hold on, they don't care. Back of them talking to lead Now the nuggers got a scrap back the ty thing up to going to the alf. Yeah, I'm like, what damn.
Speaker 2: But Valentuna's boy, you pull your pants down tonight. Man. That was awful. Think about it. He played three minutes. There's a reason why you playing Yoki.
Speaker 1: He's supposed to be come in because he's a big that can score if need be, he could. Hey, you can set great picks, he can rebind the basketball.
Speaker 2: What was that man at that playing picked them too quick? Faith Ay? Three minutes down for.
Speaker 3: Hey, if I'm if I'm a man and Drew Randall, boy, I'm thinking I'm thinking the bench, Niles Reed, Bones holand to some more, I'm thinking Rudy Gobercaus. Listen, the dudes won you that game today. Now you know we're gonna need him and man to step up. You go home, your big guns gotta fire for you because your role players did what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: On the road.
Speaker 3: Joe Man, Man, Hey, that was that was huge bro. Hey, But but you do. But I do expect the road guys to play a little better at home too. I know this is a good game for him, but I expect one of them to. I expect nas Reed to have a twenty point twenty five point game in one in one of these in one of these games is seriously.
Speaker 1: Aaron Ojo Aaron going got to give him a little bit more. Spencer Jones. Spencer Jones got some good cardio in there tonight. Ten minutes, no points, no field goal attempts. He did get to rebounds, but he has some nice cardio so he don't have to do any conditioning after the game. Joe plays nice and loose about hardware. When you played well, bro, bro, how you how you go perfect from the three point line and you miss.
Speaker 2: Your free throws? Damn free throws.
Speaker 1: They got they got beat on the glass. I mean other I mean because you know, normally is giving you thirteen to night. He gave you fifteen to night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, hey, look they can't good good. I mean I thought there was a big game from Tim Hardaway. They get some pretty good contribution from guys played well. Joe, yeah he did, he did play well. He didn't play well. But I just believe in in Minnesota bench more than I do the Nuggs. Then the Minnesota I'm real, man. They got some guys who you can get to. They can go get your bucket for real, like them boys A listen showed me something, because who are used time for? Who you saying? Oh yeah, you know he came from them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you ain't hit the bulls. When he came in in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, he felt like they sliding him on there. You know they gonna get his best.
Speaker 4: They let him here a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, no, yeah, but uh, you know he wanted to play well. He did hit some big threes, four or five.
Speaker 2: From the uh uh from the.
Speaker 1: Field, uh, two or two from the free throw line. But yeah, I mean you look at that bench. They gave you thirty three points. The bench gave you thirty three points, outscoring them by plus ten. They out rebounded them, out assisted them, had more still than they worked on.
Speaker 2: It was just after the first few minutes went for the for the Timberwolves. The guys played well.
Speaker 1: And I think the thing is when you when you're on the road and you down it's easy. Crowd is going crazy. You've all been on the road and the home team get off to a great start. They jump out on us show. You know, ten nothing, fourteen nothing, Yeah, everybody going crazy. But ay, you just he all of a sudden, you get to make a play, defense gets a turnover, you get a score, and next day you know, the defense stops them. You back on the field and now we got to talk part of top ball game. Okay, let's play once once Minnesota got that thing even Okay, now let's play basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they set it in. Sometimes all you gotta do is all you gotta do is relax, take a couple of deep breaths, bro. And that's what it seemed like happened, because once they made them subs, and them subs came in and got to it, they got right back in the game, bro, And from that point on, it was neck and neck. I mean they took they took the lead, you know what I mean, went up by like six at one point. I think it was probably, but they shocked me. I ain't think they could keep the pace off o Jo. When they came back, I said, boy, them boy doll tied out there. They steaded bending over, grabbing they short. I said, hell, I ain't no way. I said, fourth quarter, I said, that's when them we're gonna they gonna jump down on them, the boys chopping.
Speaker 1: If I'm if I'm the Nuggets, I'm looking at Aaron Gordon, I'm looking at Spencer Jones and Valanchouna like two. Park was standing at that locker they over that where they close that Luger took down right there, looking at him.
Speaker 2: That's how I'm looking at it.
Speaker 4: In jukes in Jukes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good boy, that was back.
Speaker 1: Ain't no way you're supposed to lose that team with those two guys running the show. You won a championship and those guys probably that well, we know Yogi is gonna be a Yo Kic Wimby and and and and Shade probably gonna be unanimous All first Team, all the NBA selection.
Speaker 2: Absolute. Man, you hit the nineteen point lead. You got to be able to hold that. Yeah, you gotta be able to hold that.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's it's it's a tough matchup for them, for man, because of Minnesota's length, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, we talked a lot.
Speaker 3: About Minnesota, how great they are offensively, how good Yoga is offensively, but defensively, Hell, he could be a liability out there.
Speaker 4: Joe, Hey, they pay Hey Joe, they put a uncle Joe. They put Yogic in that goddamn blenda and that guy. I mean, I called it picking roll of blendo. And you know you putting the big man in the blended man having got him turned like a goddamn Merry Go round top. She ain't ain't none nigga.
Speaker 3: Do now, Hey, listen, they were seeking him out at times they were just I It's like it's like if he was going too, I thought it too.
Speaker 1: You gotta go into your bag, you gotta go with him. That seemed like what Minnesota's game plan was. It was like, man, look, we can't let his ass rest on defense, so he gonna play in that. They switched him off ju Randall and put him on McDaniel and Aaron Gordon said, Aaron, go and you deal with it cause you know, hey, you gonna put his head out. He's gonna put that cross over on you. He gonna get to that left hand and he gonna let it up. Yes, sir, you already know what you're gonna do. Hey, I like I like Julius Randall energy too. He gotta keep that same energy.
Speaker 2: He can't.
Speaker 3: He can't be out that deferring man. He gotta be aggressive when need be. You feel me, you know what I mean? And man gonna be a man.
Speaker 2: He gonna do his thing.
Speaker 3: But I think when he has another guy, meaning Drew Randall. I like even McDaniels, when he starts to be aggressive sometime offense is going and his man, Man, don't let none of these dudes rest, bro. Hey, they got a nice squad, bro, they can really do something. They do and they played, they played, they played well tonight, Joe.
Speaker 1: The Atlanta Hawks left for just three percent of the game, but it made it count escape in the one o seven, one oh six victory in Game two over the Knicks, CJ liked the gag got away but anyway, roll victory stunned the fans of CJ.
Speaker 2: McCullum port.
Speaker 1: In thirty two points, he outdued Jalen Brunson the Knicks, while even in the series one one, the Knicks had been forty and one in the postseason since the advent of the shot clock era, which happened in nineteen fifty four to fifty five. When leading by twelve more points in the third quarter after three quarters, the only loss we were the Regi Miller scored twenty five points in the fourth quarter in Game five, the famous in the nineteen ninety four Eastern Conference Finals. Joe, how are your Hawks able to pull it off?
Speaker 2: Luck? Hey?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, o chow to win you had to win in the playoffs some how you need a little I'm with you when you're right now? Hey, But but but I don't think this was luck I think, uh, you know, without Brunston. I know he kind of you know, he kind of he kind of had it going early. But for the most part, man, we kept everybody at bait. It wasn't like, you know, I know, they got up on this a little bit before. The most part. When we came back in the second half, it's like everybody started to get a little tight, you know, coming down the stretch, and I just felt the Hawks just kind of stuck with it. We kept getting turnover. It's big plays at the big plays, big threes, and I just wanted to stay close. Within the last five or six minutes, man, I'm telling you, I think CJ just was a hell of a pickup Uncle Ojo. When y'all watch him out thy, y'all see the poison patience that he plays with. He's under control. The boy got a real bop on him. He almost made Brunston touched earth one time. He hit that ball with that him. He you feel me, Hey, a CJ in a great spot, bro, because these young dudes they looking for him to leave. And although we got a superstar Jalen Johnson, he's still learning.
Speaker 4: On the fly.
Speaker 3: You feel what I'm saying, he's still learning on the fly up. He gonna play a lot better.
Speaker 2: At home, Joe.
Speaker 3: Like I tell y'all that Joel, hold hold on. But this is this is what I was telling y'all, Ojo. I'd rather first start on the road so these guys can really see what playoff basketball is like. The atmosphere CJ been, he'd have been there. He played against champions, you know a lot of them, them battles he had with the Warriors when he was in Portland. But we got some guys who are very inexperiencing in the playoffs. So but you know, they're eager to learn, and I think they're gonna play a lot better at home. And I think it was great to have CJ on the road lead these guys down to charge. I'm talking about from the from the start to finish. I just felt CJ was consistent. Uh, he got others involved, and when it was time for him to step up and make big plays, Ojo, he did that. Now he got to meet me at the practice of tomorrow. He got a he got two hundred, got.
Speaker 2: He got that.
Speaker 4: Pressure on that HEYU that joke and he kept saying it, and it God damn interview.
Speaker 2: He kept saying my free almost I'm gonna burn my money.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, jam we beat him up the other night. The guy that got them back with come on Now.
Speaker 1: Coming on the floor, Cominga put his head down and he had an unbelievable job because when they went small and took the.
Speaker 3: Congo out, he had the guard cat. That man had cat out there. I told y'all, man, hold on the block, cat, damn yo Old. I don't know, I don't know why, I don't know why you do it. Listen, bro, I told y'all Comminga Cominga is not a little bitty dude.
Speaker 2: Bro. He can fight cat and they don't take money. Sure, yeah, but what I'm saying is what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying is, yeah, can't make get him a couple of times, that's cool, But for the better part of it, he'll cat down to the You know, I feel like he just got more endurance.
Speaker 4: You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And when we played small like that, you see how how Kminga was just coming in attack and being address.
Speaker 2: That's how he got to play from now on, That's how he drive. You remember that we're not running no plays for you, bro. You got to get it. How you get it?
Speaker 1: We pass you the ball up ahead. Hey, you you get you get on the attack early, and that's what he did. You see that he got a couple of a ones early because he attacked early. Bro Right, now, that's not your game where we're gonna let hey you just high got you what you is, what you are if it put your head down and he'll with the float or get to the rim and flush.
Speaker 2: That's what you are. And that and we just talked.
Speaker 4: We just talked about that Joe the other night when they didn't win. What is Cominga's role. We didn't know what his role was, or the fact that he didn't have a role. But uncle, you said just the right way. Once you get in there, just play basketball. You don't you don't need to think, just be able to read it, react and just go and do what you did tonight, obviously being able to frustrate cat again who need to do and take advantage of them being small. Get your ass down on the goddamn block in Bangalok.
Speaker 3: Listen, go ahead, Joe, listen for kaminga. He just got to continue to keep playing hard, meaning let his defense funel his offense because they really got him going. He was in the passing lane, you know what I mean, just coming up, just causing havoc on defense. That was fueling our fast breaking our offense, and we was getting easy buckers left and right. They gotta keep doing that, bro, They gotta keep applying pressure on them.
Speaker 2: Dudes. Man, they gonna hey, they gonna chow.
Speaker 1: The problem is the thing that kaminga note and probably from the scouting report, if Cat can't get that post position, he'll get frustrated and then get you going back out, just going back out to the three point line.
Speaker 2: So yeah, mingo faulty for the charge. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So now Cat gonna get frustrated and gonna get him up. He ain't looking like, hey swinging, Hey, let me repost. That's not him, that's not here. He he won You seen him out there hitting them three.
Speaker 2: He's style.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, you see it. You see it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you see. I'm like, yeah, okay, okay, just let us stay closed. Just let us stay closed.
Speaker 2: He can have it fun. Look Spike leading them over there.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, y'all know Spike Lee graduated from more House, so he gonna come down trying to.
Speaker 2: Buy all the tickets. But we can't have that. We can't have that in a we can't have it.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know it's gonna be a lot of blue and orange. Oh yeah, come on now, it is it is is but yeah, yeah, the Hawks. The Hawks played really well. I mean you look look at the Hawks. He had one, two, three, They had four guys in double figures. Jonathan led by Jonathan KAMINGA. I thought he played really well. Uh he played excellent seven or twelve, one or four four six for the free free throw line, four rebounds and assists.
Speaker 2: The steels he had blocked.
Speaker 1: He played really really well and had he and Christburgh tied for the highest plus minus at plus ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this is that's Kaming. A tough matchup for the Knicks, especially, like I told y'all, you put him at that four of the fives by him, Him and Jayalen Johnson. That's a tough combination to have to guard.
Speaker 4: And you know, you know, you know who didn't give you really nothing to night to, uh Joe. That imagine especially when they get back home and they play at home, NI kill Alexander Walker. You know he's gonna play won the game to Night with CJ. McCullum dead obviously, God damn Jayalen Johnson showed up to the party, But ni ki Alexander Walker ain't even he ain't come to the party. He ain't show up. He show up.
Speaker 3: He Hey, look he played and he played hard. Yeah, he made the ball game. He made some big time plays. That rip off, that strip that he got on Bronson. I thought he played.
Speaker 1: And you know, when you play and you got to play that of minutes, it's gonna take some of your offensive game away. That's why you always try to put your one of your best offensive players on a weak defensive player. It takes a special somebody to be able to dig deep on both ends, give it to your offensively and still be able to take one of the one of two or three best opposing offensive players and try to shut them down. So I thought he did a fairy good job because look at Bronson. Brunton had twenty nine points, but he took him twenty six shots.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can live with no. Look youre going to twenty six, Joe, I can live with that. Yeah, Hey, listen, I like Alexander's energy. I think he just made the most threes in franchise history in the season. So I know, O Joe, he gonna play a lot better at home, and we needed his contribution. Listen, if we can hold the Knicks to one hundred and six points or less, man, that's in our favor every night, bro, you know what I mean, Like we we can't have it up there in them and them hundred and thirties and hunting and forties and hundred now.
Speaker 2: But see we got the damn Joe. I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I'm a let Broughton shoot twenty six times because guess who ain't sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Cat had twelve shot. Yeah, oh g had four. Josh Harden had eleven shot of TIMPs.
Speaker 2: Cat, I thought we played something he can't he get that's a high volume of shots. He ain't.
Speaker 3: I don't think he got enough stam stamming of the able to get money like that. I'm just keep it real with y'all, not from what I I mean, because guess what you got. You got walk taking him and you got Dyson Daniels. Dyson Daniels got the left to bother him. Yeah, just wa him down, tell us, Jalen Johnson.
Speaker 1: So you get six nine, you get six safe you get probably what what is walked six fo six three six foke He might be even six five.
Speaker 3: That's at the walker. Oh yeah, he about sixty five six. Yo.
Speaker 2: Think about the.
Speaker 1: Length that we that we throwing a six foot two Jalen Brunson and were wearing him down.
Speaker 2: So now he's taking, he's taking.
Speaker 1: He's a tough shot maker now he don't get me wrong, Now I'm not, but I'm just saying, if they the Hawks can continue to make him shoot ten of twenty six, ten of twenty six, that means twenty six shots. Cat only got twelve shot at tamps. Cat got no free throw. So what does that tell you?
Speaker 4: No free aggressive mean aggressive? So we say the same thing every time we talk about it. We say the same and I know he I know it's not just us, I mean everybody say he still don't change his game even though yeah, hell, you're playing an Atlanta Hawks team that have nobody that can deal with you down there in the blocking in the paint.
Speaker 1: But you, huh change his game? How you gonna change his game? You think of crocodile all of a sudden. Don't start eating Kemp. Don't start eating you don't start eating flowers.
Speaker 4: It eat me. Hey, so cat gonna be what call?
Speaker 2: You ask him a chance this game?
Speaker 3: Now? Hey, hey, y'all gotta get my boy Congo some credit to our center. Okay oo, and he fifteen and eight. He got that splick and he got that shooting at that case.
Speaker 1: Because if you put Mitchell Robinson in the game, you drag, you brag. You bring him outside of the paint because Mitch all he wants to do is stay in front of there can test shots, get lobbed, dunk, get rebound, and give the next second chance a second chance point attempts. That's what we want to do. But when you get a Congo, Congo can knock down the three. So you just can't sit your ass up in the basketball. You're gonna take it out the net.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, I told y'all, man, this is gonna be a good series.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on that. But CJ Man I thought that shot to think about it. CJ got that ball. Hey, got to his spot and let it go.
Speaker 3: And he had a stretch down there for he was getting get talking about he had them dudes at his mercy. Bro the way he run the pick and roll, uh Man to the young hoopers out there who want to who want to become a pretty good basketball player. Man. You Hey, the NBA is a pick and roll league. Bro, We're gonna always seek the mismatch, whatever it is. We're gonna pick and roll you to death. And so you gotta be great in the pick and roll. And CJ got that thing down to a science.
Speaker 2: You hear me.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about getting in his spot, shooting his floater, shooting his mini and then it's bob bop game. So nice boy, I'm telling you bob brusting a few times.
Speaker 2: Hey, what you call it?
Speaker 4: That bop bop?
Speaker 2: That bob bob.
Speaker 3: You're gonna you're gonna see. Youre gonna see I'm talking about. Don't worry about it coming. It's coming to a place near you. Hold on, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm talking to you. You're gonna you're gonna see what theop.
Speaker 2: I know you move.
Speaker 4: I explained your move to you already, Joe, and whatever you see.
Speaker 2: C J.
Speaker 3: Ot there you see how he had brush.
Speaker 4: Hey Hey, hey, hey Joe, that's five on five, Joe. That had nothing to do with one on one. That bop ain't gonna work.
Speaker 3: Oh, they got Hey, they got pastor. Troy gonna be here for Game three. Man, turn turn this thing up. In game three passage, he.
Speaker 4: Troy, now as long as he played vice versa, Hey, he.
Speaker 2: Goes vice versa.
Speaker 3: We read y.
Speaker 2: Roof.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, Joe, you're going to the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going with Joe. Okay, Yeah, Hey, hey, Joe available, you go. I got the last ticket? You did, Joe? I mean you gotta last, Joe. No, no, no, me and my people is going on your people. Hey, but.
Speaker 1: You you don't know, you don't know. You see it, Camel, you'll see you going. No, I'm going to the Lakers game tomorrow. I'm going Legers game tomorrow. You too, are your are your team? Your team?
Speaker 3: Ain't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miami, Miami ain't mak it. Oh, I'm sorry. Listen.
Speaker 4: That's fine, that's fine, that's fine. Y'all can make fun of me. Hey, it's one thing about it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: God said, don't kick no man whilely down, And y'all y'all stilly kicking.
Speaker 2: You ain't down. Yeah, but we try to put you down.
Speaker 4: So we can't kick you.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: But Atlanta showed me something tonight. Yeah, they showed me something tonight they did. Bro they did.
Speaker 3: That was tucks because you know, the Knicks was, you know, pretty much handling us, and I just I felt we could fight back. We seemed like we would get within a few points and next thing you know, you know, Nicks is going a little mini run or something happened then. But when the fourth quarter came, it's like everybody got tight for the Knicks and c J. C J was like, he y'all, just chill out. I got this, don't worry, I got don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: You see, Bradley played, Remember Quinn knows it. Quinn had him in Utah.
Speaker 1: A big body, somebody that can bang, somebody that can bang with Mitch, somebody that can bang with Cat, because Cat was Kat was killing him.
Speaker 2: On the glass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. A shout out to Tony Bradley because I was on that team in Utah when Quinn was coaching. I played with Tony Bradley, So he gave us some great minutes tonight, you know, a which was much needed because they did.
Speaker 1: Man, they did. They needed that. But I thought the Hawks played really well. They got Quinn should be very proud, the team should be very proud. But don't relax. Now you won a game. You you you took home court for him. Now you got to go home and serve like the battlefield. Okay, we've advanced now, but don't go, hey, don't go and give your advancement up. Hey, hey, uh, we got to practice on seamen retention. Don't go buck, don't go home.
Speaker 3: Try and get all that moved shoot from your lady and all that we need. We gotta have them legs, baby, you got the way down, man.
Speaker 2: You know, I got to hit the corn when I get hold of Hey, I gotta wake up. Hey, come on, come on.
Speaker 4: Home and Joe, Hey Joe, them boy, them boys down in Atlanta, Joe.
Speaker 3: I mean, we just need a little disciplined, O Joe. We just need a little disciplined, O Joe.
Speaker 4: That's like being in Houston, talk about you need a little discipline, like come on now, well we.
Speaker 3: Ain't we, oh Joe. We really got the type of players. A lot of our players married, bro, like they you know, I'm just saying, okay, yeah, we got we gotta, we gotta. We got a pretty good with you when you're right, yeah, yeah, Hey, Hey, I've been I don't have been.
Speaker 4: Away oh, you know about a week right right, right right?
Speaker 2: We got two big games, Joe. Unless you got a visitor in town. You got to get it.
Speaker 4: Hey, you let you let catch up stop you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, all let's do with that.
Speaker 4: Oh I know, hey, I know. Let's stay on the top of basketball. Let's say that for the back in back in the show.
Speaker 2: You already shame of yourself, but that's the back of the show.
Speaker 4: Let's stay on top of basketball right now.
Speaker 2: Uh, the big fan went on with from F Trey Young to F c J. You see, uh Trey Young left his twenty nine point two Uh, and c J is right there with him. Damn j right there with him. Ain't then, Hey, ain't then? I run it. Hey, listen this thing. He'll gonna be cranky.
Speaker 4: They win that game, Joe Wednesday, I mean Thursday, Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, it's gonna be jumping. Hold on, hold on, hold on, Joe, hold on, Joe, what you hold on for?
Speaker 4: Let me see something what you're looking for, because I'm probably I'm finn I'm finnitel Hey, Joe, have you see me at the game? Broight? Just how let your boy?
Speaker 2: Now you playing on coming down there? You sure, is this Thursday? Yeah, it's Thursday.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, hold on, watch this.
Speaker 2: If I see you in that, if I see you in there, I come speak to you.
Speaker 4: But hey, Joe, hey Joe, you got here with that church hand?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What church hand?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You got You're in the church. You see somebody? Yeah yeah. Go on the road.
Speaker 1: So the last to the last two road teams win the ball game. The Hawks wear one of those seven one o six and Minnesota goes on the road and take down Denver.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But no such luck for the Toronto Raptors.
Speaker 1: Donovan Mitchell scores thirty, James Bardy scores twenty eight, Evan Mobley has twenty five. The Cavaliers had at least three players to score at least twenty five points in the fourth postseason game for the second straight season, the fourth time overall. Cleveland never trail and won twelve straight playoff games versus Toronto thanks to goat James could goat Jake, they couldn't win nothing. Nathaniel over go and tired the NBA postseason record consecutive.
Speaker 2: Wins over a single opponent.
Speaker 1: The streak began in twenty sixteen Eastern Conference Finals, when the Cavaliers took the final two games. Cavaliers swept Toronto in four games and the second round in twenty seventeen and twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: Hey, I got a question.
Speaker 1: Somebody need tell me what's going on with what going on with Brandon Ingram? So the score was one fifteen to one oh five. You get great production. I mean, look at this efficiency.
Speaker 2: RJ.
Speaker 1: Barrett twenty two points on ten of thirteen, Scotty Barnes twenty six points, e eleven to nineteen. You get Colin Murray Boyles seventeen. Sandro had twelve five of eight. B I had seven points three or fifteen. Now he was talking about the guy had him in the pick where they got me senting picks. They got me senting picks. Okay, you ain't saying no pics tonight you three or fifteen?
Speaker 2: Come on now with it? Come on now, all them?
Speaker 4: What to say? Man? That God damn Mobley and Harden. I understand they had twenty five and twenty eight, But look how fishing them boys was from the field though, and with Donovan Mitchell and playing like that. If you got Mobley, Harden and Mitchell playing like that with your two bigs, hell, Joe, they could damn there, just if I beat anybody coming out the East. If them three them three them three, Spinhead and Musters play like that every single night. Now, I know it's impossible to do every single night, but if two of them come along and the rest of your supporting cast, just give you something, especially on the defensive end with them big boys down there.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, listen, I see what you're saying. But I also know unks saying too about brandon Ingram.
Speaker 1: If he gave you anything tonight with the bench playing brandon Ingram gives you anything, you got too. They got two points from y'all portal, Yeah, Jamal she brandon Ingram maybe seven points, so you got twelve points. One guy played thirty eight minutes, the other guy played thirty six minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell to them. Yeah, no, I agree with you. Brandon Ingram gotta be better.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he knows that, Uh, three for fifteen ain't gonna get it, not against his CALVS team in Cleveland with Donovan and James Harden and and them guys mobiling them, playing the way they playing. Sh y'all, Hey, y'all ain't giving no resistance, bro, like you know, you gotta you gotta be better than that. Uh, And I'm sure he'll be better turn down all over when they go home. Hey, I got him winning. I got him win him again. I got him winning the game or two in this series. Yeah, I don't got him winning the series, but I got him winning the game. But yeah, it was a great fight, man, it was a great fight. I just felt Cleveland came out hereting on all cylinders from the jump he did.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe the boy putting ahead and you seen that god damn step back three from uh from Harden with that was that was a foul? Well, I mean we opened up, opened up with a little a little bit with his hand.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't that. Yeah, he come up through it when you put your but he went back and fell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't put your hand in the cookie, Joab that every time did you go they see the hand like that, they're just going straight up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Hey, look that's.
Speaker 3: Why the game different now, because you can't touch nobody. Soon as you touch them, they started, you know, flailing, getting them fouls, foul baiting. But Cleveland, Cleveland did what they're supposed to do. Bro, protect your home court now, We're gonna see what they really made of.
Speaker 2: Can they go to.
Speaker 3: Toronto and uh get a win or two? But I got Toronto winning the game or two in this series.
Speaker 1: In Game one b I had seventeen points, Game two he had seven points. On three or fifteen, he had a team high five turnovers. He's averaging almost twenty two points a game in the regular season, but through two games he has just twelve points, averaging twelve points a game, and he's the second highest paid player on the team at thirty eight mil per season, and he's been an All Star.
Speaker 2: So he was Alltide this year, Wasn't I think he was? I think he was?
Speaker 1: Yeh, all, yeah, I had two guys. All he's either your baby player or your second best player. It all depends you're talking about Scotty Barnes or whatever. But they were. They won a want to be whatever however you want to rank it. You gotta give me more than that. I can't have three role players coming off the damn bench playing ten less minutes than you and got and got more points to you. Yeah, Jakobe Walker fourteen points to your seven. Murray Bowles has seventeen to your seven. Sandro had twelve to your seven. Now that happen, it just can't out. Yeah, it can't.
Speaker 2: For the win on the road that he.
Speaker 3: Can't play like that, You make it away with you make it win a game at home with him playing like that. If the rest of these guys, if the other guys play like this, yes you can win. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah on the road. But on the role it's gonna be your big guys need to come through. But it's your role players that eventually win you the game. But if your big guys don't come through, I don't know if the role players can do enough. Now, if you get somebody to go off, give you thirty, some role player, give you thirty, thirty five.
Speaker 2: Hey, you got a chance.
Speaker 1: But he ain't very often that you're gonna find a role player get numbers like that, Joe, especially in the playoff game.
Speaker 2: That might happen in the regular season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in the playoff game, the likelihood of a role player going off and getting thirty, it's.
Speaker 3: Happened, but of w yeah, yeah, it don't happen a lot, bro, And you got to be come from a different clause, boy, to come out. Listen to to to be a role player or to come off the bench and win a game, meaning the playoffs, to where you know you're hitting on all cylinders, because man, the game plan be so precise. Okay, oh yo, Like I always tell y'all, we already know what plays they gonna run. They already know what plays we gonna run. We know who the shooters are and the nine shooters. Bro we gotta we gotta play it to the team and see who make a mistake first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, baby dinosaurs, y'all down? Oh two?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Toronto gonna be lit. Drake gonna be at the game. Hey, we got some good matchups coming up, fellas. Yeah, yeah, it's gonna do tie. The table's gonna turn what they.
Speaker 1: Have to they have to, Joe. I mean, look, you you lose three to one. Now, look, Donovan Mitchell does have a problem, have a problem. He's lost having three one lead, having two old leads, and he's lost. And that's kind of been the knock on him. Last year. What Indiana did to them was oh that was embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they they did that the area damn by the last year in the playoff, yeah, they wasn't. There was undred dollars in every series series?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what they beat the Knicks, beat the Celtics, Calve beat the what they beat the Calves in the first round? Then thought what they got the Knicks and didn't they didn't they beat what you call him in the fire, beat up what you call them? They they beat the Knicks to go to the fighting. Maybe they did, yeah, because I know, I know they started off with the Calves. Yeah, yeah, they went from the Calves to.
Speaker 4: It was I got damn had Halle. Halle was on goddamn fire. Yeah, calla hitting game when out here he were going crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who else? Didn't remember who? Yeah? Cause, like you said, they were underdogs and every in every matchup, but they found.
Speaker 3: Was it Milwaukee?
Speaker 2: It was Milwaukee?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or they played Bucks in the first ROUNDE did Cleveland and then the Nicks oh yeah yeah, and they were underd dollars and every series. But had they had Damnar about four five game winners.
Speaker 4: Oh that boy, and he got that funny, funny release on his shot.
Speaker 3: Joe straight water that thing cash. I ain't gonna even lie to y'all when Indiana traded for him. I ain't really see what they've seen in him when he was in Sacramento playing with Fox. I'm like, they must think this little, this little dude hell can play. He needs who's your point guard? Fox and him? Yeah, I ain't see I ain't see this though. I ain't see him. I ain't see him putting it down like this.
Speaker 1: Then you you let him go and he gets a big that he could throw lib two. I mean he still you know, like I said, he can make the three? Can he penetrate? He's bigger than your face, like six five, big ass point. Yeah, but you know, I'm looking forward to seeing him back next Year'll see what they do in the draft for where they can trade they can make because I think they need another big. I don't think they have enough right now with Pascal and they gave up Matt Burn. Nim Hard is still there. I just don't think they Obie top It is okay. I think he's a solid role player, but they need a big. They need a big way the worst way. But they got their work cut out for him. They got their work cut out for him because Cleveland isn't either an easy victory. So and they played really well, as you guys saw the night twenty five Mobile on thirteen shots, he's eleven or thirteen. Harden had twenty eight on nine or fourteen, and then Donovan Mitchell had thirty on thirteen twenty three. So when you three big guns are going off like that and you let them shoot the percentage like their shooting, it's gonna be hard for you to beat them. It's gonna be really, really, really really extremely hard for you to beat them. When you turned the ball over twenty two times, they turned it over ten times. That's not that's not a recipe for success. So Cavaliers up to Oh, Nuggets t Wolves one one, Hawks Nick one one.
Speaker 3: We got we got a serious we got some basketball going on now.
Speaker 4: Fellas, Hey, jermy feeling good now, Hi Joe.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, start playing making video?
Speaker 4: He making videos all on Instagram tagging you know he my black business, and I get it.
Speaker 2: I get an alert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey he making an all type of Hawks sound hey like he called from Martin. I'm like, okay, hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 2: I almost burnt my money.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: When I said the first video, he come down now and smoked them two free throws.
Speaker 1: I said, oh my god, yeah, you know you can't do it. Oh yeah, Joe, what you call they traded for us, didn't he That's how the Matt Burn ended up in the Clippers, and I like, I thought was getting better and better and better he played. I liked it when he was with the Lakers and Lebron. I was shocked that Magic gave him up for Lord have mercy for that what he gave him up for. Uh, he gave us, That's who he traded him for. Yes, he traded with the Clippers for Mike Muscala, and Mike Muscala was a marks shot three shot three really well, except till he brought his ass to the Lakers to play with Lebron and he couldn't throw.
Speaker 2: It into the amn ocean.
Speaker 4: I forgot. I forgot.
Speaker 1: We have something we've never had before, a unanimous defensive Player of the Year, and he's the youngest player of the year. Victor Wimami wom bin Yama wimby Uh, as expected, was announced the winner of the Defensive Players Year.
Speaker 2: He was second and voting last year.
Speaker 1: Thought he could have won it last your favorite this season until the medical condition end of the season prematurely then left no doubt. At twenty two, he's the youngest defensive player of the Year and he's the first to win it unanimously.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, Ray, y'all can see that, Hey, Ojo, the next five, maybe seven to ten years, he's probably gonna win this award.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised because of you know, his unique.
Speaker 3: Bill being seven four seven five, with that lone wing span like that, and moving the way he moved, you know, having great timing and shot blocking and just altering shots.
Speaker 2: Bro it ain't gonna be nothing like him over the next twenty years.
Speaker 1: It ain't nobody really to challenge him, because you got to realize that the nineties, Joe, you had Mark Eaton, you had the Ken Babe, but Tumbo, you had Elijah want you had Dvid Robinson, you had Eing, You had guys, and then you had Jordan and so you got Robinson, so you had guys that were really you had Gary Payton, so you had it wasn't no situation like oh man, no, hell no, they were They played defense defense. And so now with Wemby, really, when you look at it, it's really only too big to play defense.
Speaker 2: It's women and Rudy. I mean, when you look at it, Joe.
Speaker 1: When you really really bring it down when you look at big okay chat chants in there. But if what it's not like it was in the nineties when you had a I mean, think about it, David Robinson Defensive Player of the Year, a key defensive player of the year. You had Mark Eaton, you had I mean, you had guys, and you had you know, George, you had to the guards were legit, So you might you might be right, Joe, there might be a string.
Speaker 2: Where he could get four and five years.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna be probably the first guy to win five of them because he's wonted so early in his career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't be I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 3: And and you got to look at his state of mind where he's at, bro. He's trying to do something that's never been done. He understands the position that he has, and he's so locked in on his craft, trying to better himself day in and day out, like he's looking to be the best bro. He he wants to be the face of the league. Hey, he want to carry that torch. He ain't tripping, he ain't tripping by nothing, how you know me? However, he come so I think you're gonna have a guy who is you know, and God's willing. Bro he stayed healthy. He gonna string a few of these together, and you might be right. He might be the first one to get five, you know, because his shot blocking ability.
Speaker 2: Is just crazy. And if we don't he don't block the shot. He makes you think. I don't even want to try to lay up. I'm good, Flow up me going out here to the three.
Speaker 1: Hey, get a three on what you know? They get a three on what you normally challenge. They pulled that bag.
Speaker 2: Let's go back here.
Speaker 3: We ain't got nothing. We ain't got nothing going on down here. Win me up under the basket. You're you're right, man. Don't nobody, Hey, don't nobody want that smoke? Man?
Speaker 1: He he is a matchup nightmare. And the thing and the thing is, we love guys that can play offense and defense. That's what you loved about Jordan because he gave it to you on both days. You love that about Kobe, you love that about Dream, You love that about those guys Johannis.
Speaker 2: Hey, but when you look at all those dudes you just name, none of them.
Speaker 4: Move like no.
Speaker 2: No, I was sixteen.
Speaker 4: This guy, this guy seven inches seven inches taller than Elijah.
Speaker 3: One and and I'm talking about but I'm talking to Joe that what I'm talking about. It ain't it ain't like he just shot blocking like he really handling the rock like a real small guard man out here seven four seven five.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like some of the.
Speaker 3: Moves that he making. You know, Janni's are downhill.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 3: He ain't got no East West. He ain't got none that high.
Speaker 2: He ain't got that.
Speaker 1: He gone straight downhill, straight through. You give me, man, Winny got some wiggle in his game. That's this is why that boy I don't understand about the old guys is that we're not taking anything away from you, but these guys are more skill than you. Name one guy that played in the played in the eighties and nineties that can do what Wimby did. Name one guy that played in the eighties and nineties that can do what Kevin Durant did.
Speaker 2: You don't. And it's okay. It's called evolution. It is yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys get bigger, faster, stronger in the NFL. They get biggy because they see what you did. And so that's the standard you guys. I mean when when basketball first started. Look at this, Come on, man, guys win the MVP shooting forty percent. Yeah, real talk.
Speaker 2: It's different now, and it's it's okay. I'm not saying I just believe that there are more guys to do what the really good players could do. Back then, that's all. Oh yeah, oh yeah, and we ain't think about it.
Speaker 3: You know, back back in the day, un ocho, if you was six five six six in like high school, you know, they'll.
Speaker 2: Put you They'll put you under you know what I mean, you're four.
Speaker 3: Nowadays, Yeah, nowadays, if you that height your guard meaning you doing all guard skill work. You feel what I'm saying, Even if you sixteen, they ain't just putting you up under the goal telling you shoot jump hooks. Due to George, Mike and Drill. They ain't telling you just do all that. You feel me, It's like, hey, look, we're gonna work on this bag even though you tallering everybody. And that's just kind of how the game has evolved. And now you got guys like Wemby at seven four seven five, bro, he doing stuff we ain't never i'ma be honest with y'all. His handle is uh is immaculate. For a guy his size to be able to move the way he moves, dude, dude, especially.
Speaker 1: Since the guys, because they're working on it now, Joe. These guys got trained man, guys got trainers, yuays. They have no trainers.
Speaker 2: Back then.
Speaker 1: They figured all that stuff out of their own from watching, watching, reading magazines or watching stuff. These guys now they see all the stuff that Jordan did. They see what Kobe did. They see what all these guys with great handles did. They just replicating that. Now you look at go on TikTok, go near to that. Go on YouTube and watch the I j Watch these young kids how they handle the ball, even the young ladies, the girls five seven years old.
Speaker 2: Pat in the rock.
Speaker 1: They ain't playing bro. It's okay, been there. It don't just because someone is moving advanced to the ball. That don't take away from what you did. I don't care somebody win ten championships. Jordan won six. He's still Jordan. Kobe went five. Run a kd uh. Step they don't do is what you guys did. Sometimes I think when guys somebody does something, people asking me that, well it no, no, no, it doesn't. I don't give a damn somebody. I don't care if somebody catch two thousand passes for a career, it don't diminish my what I did, because I did what I did when I did it. Right now, if he catch two thousand passes and somebody else in that era and the next closest got to got fifth, got a five hundred, now we're talking about something, Oh Joe, When you that far ahead, it's kind of like what we give Jared so much credit? Is that look at when Jared played, and look at what everybody had done number four with everybody else, right, ain't nobody got seventeen thousand receiving yards eighteen thousand, nineteen thousand, twenty twenty one, he got twenty two every thousand yards, nobody within forty touchdowns of it. That's what you when you clear the era and you forty touch downs clear of everybody else.
Speaker 2: Different years, even different. But these kids now today, Joe, I mean, hey, I don't know what the next winb is. I damn sure don't want to see him. What are you gonna be? Joe? Eight foot tall?
Speaker 3: Hey man, listen, Maybe I don't know, but you know it's some little dude out there right now boy working on this game and he don't even know what he.
Speaker 2: About to be.
Speaker 1: Robert Wadlow, the tallest man never lived. Eight for eleven. Somebody coming in to eight for eleven. Hell of the ball like that.
Speaker 3: I tell you what now that if Lebron and Katie and them are on their way out in the next three to four years, two to three years, the game's gonna be in good hand. Yeah, for sure, the game always in good hand. Oh oh, I don't know what's gonna happen with Magic and Bird retire. Okay, helck up, Jordan, here, come up, Barclay Malone.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know whether Okay, here come Kobe, Lebron, Guardian Davinsky, d Wade, Kobe. Yeah, yeah, the game was the.
Speaker 1: Game ain't stopping for nobody, Montana, Brady Lway or Peyton. Man, it don't matter. Yeah, the game's gonna be just fine. Same thing with baseball, man, I don't know what's gonna happen. You'll see. Keep watching, that's what's gonna happen. Receivers boatloads of them. Oh yeah, yeah, boatloads of them. Because guess what what O Joe and I didn't have we have no damn seven seven o seven camp? What and you went to You went to a football maybe if you have had a little money, you went to Florida State, or you went to Florida or you with the uh do you? Or you went to South Carolina or Georgia or whatever the college was. You went to the head coaches camp. Man, they got man, they got set, they got try.
Speaker 2: I was in seven o seven now, oh Joe, Yeah, we didn't have that, but he ain't you a basketball not Joe? Yeah, that stuff helped.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, listen, when I was coming up, we ain't had no trainers. All we did was hoop, you know what I'm saying. Like, we met at the gym, We met at the park. We was over somebody house hooping in the backyard. You feel me sharpen than our tools. We ain't had nobody telling us, do no one to dribble, pull up, pump, fake spin, right standing on one leg for two seconds and shoot that. Joe. We ain't have all that, bro because they didn't know. Didn't nobody know? Yeah yeah, we just competed. We com competed, and we played day in day. I'm talking about how damn feet was hurt so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but congratulations victor of Women and Yama the first of minute. He's the youngest at twenty two years of age to win the dp O Y and he's the first guy to win this award unanimously. You don't get a whole lot of unanimous is anything? I mean, you know, I think David Robinson won the It was David Robinson unanimous. I think David Robinson been the first unanimous. He might have been, boy he was as the unanimous Rookie of the Year. He wasn't a unanimous step is the only unanimous m v P. Shock finished one vote short. Lebron finished one vote short.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I'm saying Dave Robinson never won a defensive player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it wasn't unanimous.
Speaker 4: It's always a a It's funny, has always one voter, huh, one voter, Yeah, got always one voter. Want to play around.
Speaker 1: I forget I think the guy I think I think it was Fred Hickman that denied Shack and I think a guy voted for Carmelo. I think he's out of the New York market that ended up voting for Carmelo the year. Lebron finished one vote short.
Speaker 4: Hey, you give you give it, you give it. You give people a little power, Joe. You see how they abuse it.
Speaker 2: You already know.
Speaker 1: And that'll be different than man. I mean, look it happens. Hell, people left Kim Geary Junior off the Hall of Fame ballot. So Kevin Durant huh, I said. Kevin Durant went through the high about a half of practice Houston practice on Monday and would be a game time decision Tuesday. Accordingly, I made Udokah KT missed the Rockets Gay Game one loss due to a knee bruise he suffered in practice on Wednesday. Reports have come out that he suffered the knee injury diving for a loose ball and bumping into a teammate. And well that's one thing, uh we didn't do. Now, we could dive in the game, but Mike Shanahan, we're gonna have you down for ish in practice.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: That's hey, that's why pat Riley makes you what knee pads? Oh you got you gotta past where knee pass and practice when you get down. Yeah, yeah, we'n be working.
Speaker 2: They don't work like that, Joe. They don't. It's a different and I get it. I get it. I get it.
Speaker 1: It's so much money involved. You don't want to get guys hurt. Oh Joe, that's what you see with us. I mean they don't have no two days in practice. You only get eleven practice padded practices, and I think you only get three like the last six seven.
Speaker 2: Weeks of the season.
Speaker 1: It's a different time, and I understand it. But the thing is, Damn Houston. They had this long break because of the playing, so they had that week where they weren't playing. So if you ain't playing in that week, you have to find a way to kind of rive it up at least for a day or two. Oh Joe, we just can't go out there cold Turkey and we ain't got our heart rate up like we gotta. We gotta bump a grind a little bit.
Speaker 3: And it's just just this is just one of the unfortunates that happened when you're practicing before the playoffs.
Speaker 1: That's what we had to do because like we might have a playoff or we're gonna sit out, we'd have to take we'd have to take scout team reps. So because we weren't gonna get in the game reps, so we had to take scout team reps.
Speaker 2: Cool, I'm cool, I'll cook it doing your thing. Sure, Yeah, coach de courting teller, Well they tied in.
Speaker 1: He ain't shutting sharp, he ain't no Pro Bowl, all pro Well, he might get y'all the way y'all playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, but I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it, And it's it's very unfortunate because KD played seventy eight of eighty two ball games and here it is a freak incident and now.
Speaker 2: I missed the game. There's a potential of the possibility I might miss the game tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and could potentially cost him the series. Hey, because y'all know momentum. Hey, I tell you, man, it's a fine line between winning and losing and the postseason. And you know, Lakers build this humongous confidence and they go up too old going into Houston, y'all know, Lebron probably gonna have he gonna have one of them games, one of them games, he's gonna he's gonna at her full the opportunity for us to go on out there to Houston, see old Gold out there, and you know, Houston, you know what I'm saying, Oh, you're.
Speaker 2: With Joe y'all will go to age time. I'll be down for that now, may y'all.
Speaker 4: Y'all scared, y'all want to go, you know, and school and say roll are hey, Hey, the Lakers play Houston in LA tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Right? Yes? Okay?
Speaker 4: So the next game? That mean the next game?
Speaker 3: And what two games or being Houston three and four? Being Houston games three and four?
Speaker 4: I mean y'all wanted y'all want to play a little trip down? Now you just said you want huh? Okay, you can't go anyway? What what happened? Why I can't go?
Speaker 2: Man camp on? Hedn't let you go nowhere?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she'll she'll let me go. I mean, we don't run no prison.
Speaker 2: Let me halfway house.
Speaker 4: It's not that it's about that.
Speaker 2: You ain't trying to do no.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, if you if y'all go, I go, I go.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Listen? And now, oh sho we call bluff anything sho?
Speaker 4: Didn't you Joe like trip? I damn, I damn.
Speaker 2: You ain't think I damn you ain't think you was a.
Speaker 4: Hey, you gonna be the first one anytime I got an opportunity to hang with y'all boys, man, listen, go ahead on with that. You had the opportunity to hang with Joe anytime I got an opportunity to hang with y'all man, It's always love, man. I'm everybody know where you fake left right. I rearranged my life, y'all man, Yet me, I arranged my life.
Speaker 2: Chat y'all know your fake left go right? Hey, y time.
Speaker 4: I rearranged my life for y'all man, you hear me.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I'm glad I learned my lesson earlier.
Speaker 4: And Joe, I'm with you when you're right, Joe, Joe, Joe, with you when you're right, Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, we have to guess we have to see damn my goddamn heat man.
Speaker 4: We sitting here talking basketball the name about my heat man, man, about you.
Speaker 2: Heat them all gas time.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, I don't get I'm just the fact that we talk about all these other teams. I just can't wait until you see the moves that pat Riley and Mickey Arison, Mick you know, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talking about that now. We talk about the upper exchellon team teams that got you, Joe.
Speaker 4: I understand, I understand there's certain things that I can say, but I sprinkled it out there a little bit, you know, like like partially I sprinkled out there a little bit. And you know the fact that I said, when I do say it, most of the people don't believe me. But when it happened, he was like, oh my goodness, Oh tell you is right. So a small example of me knowing what I'm talking about, but nobody really paying attention and got damned in February, I told you what he When did I say? And I'm sure we got the video evidence that we can pull back and we can use this proof. When did I say A J. Brown was going when they gonna trade him? What team?
Speaker 1: I said, we're going to Yeah, two months ago, Joel. I've been telling him since what October I said, Oh he out of there? What you're talking about all you try to do? Man, That's what I don't like about to put this is what I don't like about because he think you know everything. Come on now, I ain't not one person. Cause we can go back and pull it because we still got the comments with Joe and I was talking about because we got it. If we can go to comments, you don't know what you're talking about. All you do is think you know everything. You don't know everything. I said, man, y'all have had this man talking. They ain't winning the ball. They winning games. My thing without it came back?
Speaker 3: My bad.
Speaker 4: They so they traded no Joe's post June first, Yeah, posed you for But Joe, listen, I was saying this two three months ago, right football season was over. They were happy, they were having discussion and talks about them going.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 4: The first thing I said was, listen, young bull, want to get up out of there? If you acted back? And why you in season? And then I'm thinking what place would make sense for a j Brown to go for him to still be able to flourish. Hello, go back with your coach you was with and god damned Titnis. I mean correct, went Tennessee with coach rabel So I said right away, I said, yeah, he going to the patrios. I mean, it's it's common since that point, you know. And this was damnitarre two three months ago. Everybody talking about man, shut up, he don't want to go nowhere? What you talking about?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: I don't think y'all don't understand how you say.
Speaker 2: Oh everybody knew you get traded?
Speaker 1: You alive, you alive, because all y'all don't don't come now, oh man, no, no, no, no, no, no, we won't. Y'all just like y'all with Ojo and I wrong and y'all want Joe and I admit that we was wrong, we got it wrong. I need y'all to do the same thing. I want y'all to run it with the same passion, with the same conviction that y'all say.
Speaker 2: Uncle.
Speaker 1: Oh, y'all don't know what the hell they talking about. Ain't nobody a saying he wasn't going nowhere? They say that what go traded?
Speaker 4: Run it with the same passion, And I got all the tweets saved too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when it actually happened after June first, we're gonna go back and we're gonna pull about fifteen of them, So you better go take them down because we like the job cause we use all called tweets against you. Yeah, cause y'all just knew, Oh, he ain't say that. He said they didn't want to go nowhere. They said that what go tradeed? Okay, what ain't go?
Speaker 2: Fans?
Speaker 1: Where y'all at? I know we got some Eagle fans. Yeah, I know we got fans because I told you during the season they're gonna trade it. I mean, he wants to get out there, and you know what, it's best for them. It'll be a best the best thing. Sometimes when you have irreconcilable differences, let's go ahead and make this thing up amicably. That is what y'all wanted to hear. M Oh, you just trying to No no, no, no no no no no no no no no no no, no, no, no no. I won't y'all what y'all normally do with all Joe and I are wrong. Oh man, just admit you was wrong. Now I want an Eagle fan to come on.
Speaker 4: With it and and the funny thing, come on with it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good thing.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a good thing.
Speaker 2: Let them old people say, Joe, let me get a piece? Is so hard? Candy, Hey, hey, my grandma cancel can and help hers? Hold on?
Speaker 1: The man catch a touchdown in the Super Bowl. He's a second team All Pro, He's a Pro Bowl player. He led the team and receive it and yards. I don't know what else you can get, and he was unhappy.
Speaker 4: You remember two.
Speaker 2: Years ago, oh Joe, he on the sideline reading the book the Keep from Blowing the top?
Speaker 4: What every got to do to keep you calm?
Speaker 2: It got so bad they had a meeting. The owner and AJ had a meeting.
Speaker 1: He said, I understand your frustration, probably with something like I understand your frustration, but can you not be so public? And I said, I don't have a problem because I'm firm believering. You don't accept anything. In a win, you wouldn't have lost. I said, but you gotta keep it behind the scenes because people are gonna view you as selfish.
Speaker 2: You're winning. You had at one point you had the best record in the NFC. I said, you're winning.
Speaker 1: I said, people are gonna look at you as being selfish because they're gonna look at it. It's like now you just want your stats, and then if you drop a past or something happens, people are gonna become overly critical of you. Yes, I'm just trying to Yeah, I ain't tell you what somebody told me. Ohcho and not speaking from I got fourteen years, Oh Joe got eleven. So that's twenty five years of NFL experience, being in the locker room and seeing how things work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 1: Nah No, No, don't talk. I don't never meant nothing. I need you to admit, don't talk. This ain't about unknaw went up wrong again? Commit I tell you what if Sexy DEXI go out there and ball out. I'm saying, you know what, that was a good trade.
Speaker 2: You were right.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, it's it was a good trade. I'm telling it's gonna be a good trade. Because anytime we talk about football and I say something ahead of time, it's always right. It's always right. I'm rarely wrong when I say this.
Speaker 2: You've been talking about your bingles. Your bingas ain't been to the playoffs since. Okay, that's just that's one thing.
Speaker 4: That's just one thing. That's what hey, hold on, hold on that. Don't you do that. Don't he a brother cowboy? Don't you do that down there? That's what You're not gonna do that because I chime in say thank nah. Nah, I'm just saying we talked about us not being to the playoffs. I mean, were in the same goddamn boat. Now, you know, Hey, if I'm rolls.
Speaker 2: Then you Jack.
Speaker 4: Now, don't don't act like that.
Speaker 2: He