Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from coast to coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Man, welcome back to George Noory along with Rich Valdez as we talk about demonology. Which have you ever been concerned as a demonologist that you'll bring one of these demons home with you?
Speaker 3: You know, I actually experienced that was actually possessed unfortunately, because shortly, i'd say about two three months after I had helped my girlfriend out, we were just getting ready for bed and I noticed that same glazed look over her eyes, and I knew right away that it was back, and I was caught off guard, and all I remember doing was praying. I started praying, and the rest was a blackout according to my girlfriend, which I guess when it left her went into me filled me in on a lot of strange things that I was doing that I don't recall. And even the scriptures speak of that, where it states that when a demon is cast out, it goes on to dry places looking for a refuge, and it finds none. It comes back and it notices that where it was cast out from it's been swept clean. And then it goes back out and finds seven more wicked than it to take over. And that's pretty much what it felt like. Because I don't recall a good forty five minutes. I was blacked out. She had to fill in the blanks for me.
Speaker 2: What do these demons want with us?
Speaker 3: The demons, basically from what I've researched over the years and studied, is that they have this. The reason they rebelled, at least according to the Judeo Christian faith, is because of jealousy that God had actually placed man above them. And you see, they were created before we were. And when they heard or they found out that, you know, God was imparting upon us favoritism in the sense that we were created in his image, and they didn't want to be serving God or us. That's the rebellion. So they what they try to do is they try to take over and literally take as many souls as they can away from God. That's their life's mission is to ruin us as human beings because we've been created in His image.
Speaker 2: Are they the fallen angels?
Speaker 3: Rich? Yes, yes, they are.
Speaker 2: Headed up by Lucifer.
Speaker 3: Well, Lucifer being the I believe he was the first angel created. He was I would say God's right hand for the longest time and all the angels when they rebelled. In the scriptures, it states that a third of Heaven and Lucifer fell that day to Earth. And there's a lot of misconceptions a lot of people that I believe that has a lot to do with Hollywood and depictions over the years that they felt to Hell, but in fact they fell to Earth, and I think that's where they wrote more than anything else.
Speaker 2: What percent of the possessions do you believe are related to mental illness or actual demonic possession?
Speaker 3: Well, to clear the air, and I'm glad you asked that question, there's more I've in my thirty six years and going thirty seven years now that I've been dealing with demonology, I have found there to be more mental illness and also misconceptions as to what's going on, and in fact ends up being a haunting or a very you know, as you were in life, so shall you be in death. Human spirits that just are very malicious, but very far in few between I've actually been involved with I would say nine or ten actual authenticated demonic situations.
Speaker 2: What invites the demon in.
Speaker 3: That is a tricky question, and I'll answer to the best of my ability. I think when your defenses are down, it could be illness, it could be depression. If you play with the black art occult things that invite darker spirits to come through. That opens the door. But believe it or not, George, what I've noticed is the ones that are attacked the most. And this is not only from what I have actually literally taken note of, but this is something that many that I talk to within the theological community. The ones that are attacked the most are people like us, the ones that are faithful to God, the ones that do the work of God, because those are the marlins, the ones they want to catch, you know, those are the big ones. See I just took one away from you God, kind of you know, shoving that in his face.
Speaker 2: What do we need to do to prevail ourselves rich, to keep these demons from getting to us?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I've always stated and to me, I'm a very very open and eclectic individual when it comes to faith. I respect all faiths. I strongly urge that whatever faith a person may have, be very very close to your faith, be at one spiritually, be at one with whatever you feel is your hierarchical deity, God, and lead a very good life. Do unto those what you would have them do unto you. And if you find yourself struggling, then reach out to people that can actually guide you in your faith, because I've seen many many people that fall away due to depression or loss or whatnot, and it's just a matter of actually getting back to that. You know, the habits you had at one time and getting back to that. And if you need guidance, just reach out to whomever you consider to be your spiritual guide.
Speaker 2: Does the possessed person know they're possessed?
Speaker 3: You know, oftentimes they may not know. I have actually witnessed possessions that happened quickly, to the extent to where, you know, my girlfriend being one of them, and three other people where within hours they were taken over. Sometimes it's a progressive thing and they may not know. They may think. That's why the Paranormal Clergy Institute exists because we incorporate the use of paranormal teams to go out and investigate on the behalf of the paranormal clergy. They report back to us what their findings are. I then go over that evidence and decide whether there are signs of demonic activity, or if this is possibly just a human haunting, and oftentimes it really is just a human haunting or something that's just misunderstood.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had a clergy you remember, rich that just did want to go back again?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, it's not I wish, I wish they'd understand that. And I've discovered some of these that, and I've dealt with many that choose not to go back or even identify anymore after an actual case that has been deemed demonic. They really never had the calling for this. And if you do have a calling, you stick to this and you draw from your faith and that it's not you, it's God that's working through you to cast this out.
Speaker 2: How well does prayer holding up the crucifix, invoking the name of God and Jesus does that work?
Speaker 3: It does, and I strongly urge that it be people that are formally trained to do so. But if a person has no other choice, it's all in the intent and their faith that they have in God. If they don't believe that holding up a crucifix, and I always urge that people that have crucifixes make sure it's blessed by a man or woman of the cloth and make sure that you do have faith that whatever you're doing, whether it's holy water, anointed oil, a crucifix, Rosary and prayers that you are doing, you have faith that God is the one doing the work, not you.
Speaker 2: Do you think this is a field that people should get into on a whim.
Speaker 3: Oh oh no, no, no, definitely not. That's as I stated earlier when when my pastor actually approached me with this, he stated, after I said yes, he said, so, now you know this is your calling. This is a calling. This is not something that you wake up when they say I want to be a demonologist, or I want to be a priest or I want to do this, or that you don't do that. This is something that takes time in prayer and you really have to think to yourself, is this my calling or not. I know there's a lot of people out there that love to think that this is like the very popular show Supernatural, where you just go out there demon hunting and you do your thing. But no, this is a calling. This is why I refer to this as a theological calling.
Speaker 2: Just in the United States orch how many demonologists are there?
Speaker 3: I would have to I'd say that there would be maybe around there should be around three four thousand. Really have many, Yes, I really do believe so, because the Catholic Church has a lot of demonologists, and not only that, you have to count all the others that you have to count the non denominationals, the Baptist, Presbyterians, Angelic and so on. And they may not be called demonologists, they may have other titles that they've given to them, but they specialize in this.
Speaker 2: How many people do you think may have demons possessing them right now? Just in the US, There may be many.
Speaker 3: I've always believed that, and this is where it gets very, very tricky. Mental illness has a lot of the same symptoms of demonic possession, but then again you have disassociative personalities, and that in itself is when it gets really tricky. That's where the testing comes in. But they can hide and camouflage behind a person that has been already categorized as mentally ill, when in fact it may be possessions. So I'm not saying that all of the mental health hospitals are filled with demonically possessed people, but possibly people that have been misdiagnosed.
Speaker 2: Probably lots of them have been misdiagnosed.
Speaker 3: Oh definitely, yes.
Speaker 2: What do you do personally to cleanse yourself?
Speaker 3: Well, you mean after a case, correct, Yes, So before a case, I actually go through a lot of prayer and meditation. I have to prepare myself and prepare whoever's going in with me. During I'm constantly praying, and afterwards I literally have to do confession. This is before and after I have to do confession, and I never go in without my bishop or priest that i'm working with praying for me. And what I do is I take a lot of time to meditate, walk clear my thoughts from what just happened and what I experienced. If and when it is an actual authentic demonic case, but like I said, they're very far and few between.
Speaker 2: You enjoy doing what you're doing, though, don't you.
Speaker 3: You know, if I was in heaven right now, let's say I was about to be sent down and they were offering up jobs, I would not take this. But I also know that this is my calling. I've suffered a lot over the years due to a lot of the cases that I've had to take on. What I feel when it comes to doing my job is that at least I know I'm helping people, and that in itself, to me is the most important thing. I'm helping people that are in need of assistance. They don't know, they're scared, they don't know what's going on. And the best job for me, the best part of the job, I should say, is when I'm able to tell them this is not demonic. Because let me tell you, if I was in their shoes and I was scared that there's possibly a demonic infestation, oppression, possession going on, I'd like to have that demonologist or clergyman come in and say, you know, I got great news for you. This is not you know, demonic. It's like a doctor coming in and saying, I got great news for you. This is not cancer.
Speaker 2: Too bad, there's not some special spray you use or something like that. Whenever you're going through a situation.
Speaker 3: Oh, that would so help.
Speaker 2: What would you call the perfect possession?
Speaker 3: The perfect possession is a person that has consciously decided that they want to be demonically possessed. They have actually welcomed demonic activity to reside within their body. They're very far in few between, but when you do find them, those are the ones that, unfortunately you cannot help because they have made a conscious choice and decision to not you know, be on the side of God, or stray or stay away from from something so dark. That's when it becomes an actual perfect possession. That's why what we call a perfect possession.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for yor