Speaker 1: Episode five hundred, a new era for Frugal Friends.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Frugal Friends podcast, where you'll learn to save money, embrace simplicity, and live a life here your hosts Jen and Jill.
Speaker 1: Wooo, Welcome to Frugal Friends podcast. My name is Jen, my name is Jill, and that intro ain't gonna change, but a lot of other things are about to change for Frugal Friends podcast.
Speaker 3: Buck up, babies, because it's five hundred episodes.
Speaker 4: It's seven years that.
Speaker 3: We've been coming at you, and we've got a lot to update you on. But first, this episode is brought to you by new shiny, Bright, Hopeful, promising Alluring on Marred.
Speaker 4: We love new.
Speaker 3: Things, especially so when it's not things at all, but ideas, action steps, encouragement and friendship. Like our new Weekly Money Move Every Monday, we're posting to our new Instagram account. Follow us at Weekly Money Move about one small step you can take that week to improve your finances. So we're also letting you know about the Weekly Money Move in the friend letter, so absolutely get that at frugalfriendspodcast dot com and we talk about it in our Sunday Reset, which is on YouTube Frugal Friends podcasts on YouTube, but get the Weekly Money Move. Follow at Weekly Money Move on Instagram. Get all the things.
Speaker 1: It's very funny. The first one came out yesterday and you were not going to want to miss these videos. We didn't cheap out on them at all. They are good.
Speaker 3: We started just recording them like we were gonna teach something, and then we realize we can't do that because it's not If it's not for fun.
Speaker 4: No, if it's not fun. If it's not fun, it's not for your price.
Speaker 1: And that's not going to change. I think we're only going to emphasize that moving forward. But every year we like to do an anniversary episode or like a milestone episode. So last year we did episode four hundred, our sixth anniversary special, and it was you and me and Eric and Travis going through our one star reviews.
Speaker 4: Oh that was fun, so fun.
Speaker 1: So definitely head back and listen to that. But we are excited this year now with the publishing of Buy What You Love Without Going Broke. We've been so invested in that for so long, and now that it's out into the world, we can start thinking about new things and we're just very excited to reveal all the things we've been working on behind the scenes so that you have a clear idea of our path forward and you can get on board or you can go elsewhere. We're so we know that when change comes, some people are going to be excited about it and some people are here for a reason, and if you don't, and if you deviate from that, then they're going to find another place to get the reason they came. And that's totally fine. But I think based on the Mega Survey, which we are going to go through those results and kind of like say why we're making these changes based on the results of the Mega Survey, that's how we are tailoring this new era for frugal friends.
Speaker 3: Because we need to stay titillated over here ourselves. You know, oh wow, we need to be motivated to keep doing what we're doing. And you know, seven years happens and you want you want something fresh. Okay, we're still studying to get for Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Mom and mom are staying together for the kids. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: We just need to spice things up a little bit.
Speaker 1: And I think you'll see it's not just our need to spice things up but it's our identification of where the market is moving and wanting to stay on the pulse of it and wanting to progress with it and not stay stuck in what we started seven years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, let's first go over what all we've got going on so that you can know where to find us and what you're going to get on that platform. So this year, back in March, we started the Sunday Reset, So that is videos of us in our studio that exists on YouTube. They're about thirty minute video YouTube episodes where Jenna and I go over the weekly money move that we put out that Monday, and then we talk about what we made that past week. So we're talking about recipes food that you can cook like the recipes we've already made so we know they're good, or we're going to tell you the different ways to make substitutions to make it even tastier. And then we go through a listener question, so that's something that you all can submit. There's a form that you can submit questions on the YouTube video itself, so that's a great place to subscribe to us, especially if you just want a little extra of us, if you want to see our faces as we talk, because we are pretty expressive. I realized in watching it, Yeah, how much when we're recording podcasts is communicated through our hands or our faces. We do ye and you get to see that. We've gotten such good feedback from it so far, people commenting that it's like their new favorite thing to do on Sunday nights.
Speaker 4: So that's super fun.
Speaker 3: And like I already said, we've got a new Instagram account at weekly Money Move, where that's all we've got listed is just on Monday, there'll be a new video posted of what the money move is for that week and giving you a little bit deeper of an explanation on how to make that money move for the week. And that's going to be the same money move that we talk about and in that Sunday reset the day.
Speaker 1: Before, the day before it's the the money move will come out Monday, and so the following Sunday, six days later, we'll be talking about what we did for the money move, because theoretically we'll have had six days to complete it, though we will be doing this a little earlier because we are recording it.
Speaker 3: And that money move will also come out in the friend letter that that same Monday, so it'll go live. The video will go live on Instagram. The quick little understanding of how the money Move works, how to do it. Then we write about it in the Friend Letter on Monday. So also make sure that you're getting that Frugal friendspodcast dot com. You can subscribe to the friend Letter that's free. You're still getting that to your inbox every Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Monday is going to be the money Move. Wednesday is how to save money and Friday is you're a little bit more like money psychology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're super excited about the Weekly Money Move and the reason we started a new Instagram account for it is we're also going to be collaborating with our Frugal Friends podcast Instagram account, so you will see it there. But we wanted to have one place to organize all fifty two money moves so that they wouldn't all get lost. So if somebody comes in in week sixteen, they don't have to go through all the podcast stuff to find weeks one through fifteen. It's in the Weekly Money Move Instagram account. So that's why we put it there. But we're really excited about that because so many of you want to you're not just worried about saving money. How do I save money? It's how do I invest? How do I organize my financial goals? How do I do all of these? There's so much to manage with money, right, but we believe it can be broken down. If you just do one thing a week, then you're going to be able to manage your money. Fine, you're going to be great if you just do one thing a week or batch it and you do, you know, four weeks in one week, and then you're only doing once a month or whatever. So that is why we are super excited for the Weekly Money Move. If you have seen Weekly Home Check on Instagram, it's going to be very similar to that, but maybe a little bit more unhinged because you know us in that we're really trying to teach you to do something. So this one we put out yesterday was emergency fund, so we're you know, a quick how do you decide how much to have in your emergence? See fun Because sure we've got to start saving, but where do we start, how do we progress? And how do we know three six, nine, five hundred one thousand. So that's kind of what we're talking about in that short social media video, and then also we have it in text in the Monday front letter. And then let's move on to our new podcast format.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love this one.
Speaker 1: So we are staying true to all things Frugal Friends, but I think we're getting truer. When you come to Frugal Friends, you want to learn more about frugal living, and so much of that is about saving money on particular things. We've spent the last two years really diving into values based spending and spending psychology, and we are definitely not leaving that, but we want to dive back into a lot of the how to save money on X I think especially in this season that we are in, and I don't think it's I don't think we're leaving the season anytime soon. Things are getting more expensive, budgets are getting tighter, and I think there's a real need that we revisit some of the old ways of saving money on and we dispel whether those old ways are still applicable or not. And so we are going to be diving into all these ways. We touched on it in our last episode, which is essentially how to Save money on Groceries, and we found so many new ways to save on groceries, and a lot of that was through AI. So for the past seven years we have been using Google to kind of lead us in our search our research for episode topics. From the very first day, our format has been very consistent. We're googling our top and then we're finding articles online and we're telling you what in this is accurate, what is fluff, and what we just downright don't agree with because so much of writing seven years ago was to appease an algorithm more than it was to help people. Now we're seeing that when we are searching for topics, we are not getting anywhere near the quality of article we used to. We are getting a lot of Reddit posts, Kora posts, we're getting AI like explanations or you know, also found on the web sort of things. And it's the quality of posts on the first page has just gone way way down. But it's not gone down with AI and and I honestly, I think the reason it's transition to that is because of all the money and staffing going to AI building. And so instead of being mad about it, we're going to go. We're going to go in the way that technology is going and look Okay, how can I make AI work better for me than Google even did? And so we are eliminating headlines, We're eliminating articles. We're no longer going to be going through those, and instead we are going to be creating outlines based on our own experience, our own research, and using AI to answer and guide us. We're also going to be teaching you how to use AI like chat, GPT or claude. We're going to be teaching you how to craft prompts that help you save money.
Speaker 3: It's so exciting. I think it'll be just so stinking helpful.
Speaker 1: It has the articles or not the artists. The episodes that I have crafted outlines for so far have been extra dreamly.
Speaker 3: I've learned good like who would have thought I'd still be learning out of say And.
Speaker 1: I'm learning And it's the thing is that So our biggest criticism of Google articles was that they weren't looking for new things. They were looking to regurgitate what was already out there. They would always use the first Google search result. They would recreate that and just add more text. It would be the same thing, but a thousand words longer. So that's always been our criticism of Google and with AI, AI is scouring the whole web.
Speaker 4: I don't have time.
Speaker 1: To do that, and neither do you, which is why we were only going on the first page. And so it scours it and it finds things that are actually new.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh so great.
Speaker 3: And you know what else is going to be so so great and I think actually helpful is our other YouTube series called The Spending Intervention. This premieres on YouTube on April sixteenth, So if you're listening to this episode the day it comes out, you just have a week and a day to wait for our very first Spending Intervention.
Speaker 4: This is again Jen.
Speaker 3: And I in studio on video with a guest, but not just any kind of guest, a listener guest, someone like you, a real person spending real money in real ways, and we're able to talk to them about how they're spending money, being able to look at what's going well, what's not going well, what are their goals, what do they want to improve as it relates specifically to their spending, Because if you remember, a lot of what we're talking about on our podcast and especially in the book is teaching the skill of spending money that many of us have not actually learned how to spend, and we've been sold this binary of you're either a spender or a saver, when in reality, we all do spend money and we all should be saving money. But how do we spend our money? Well, how do we spend our money guilt free and knowing that none of us has arrived there? But how do we bring in more voices, more experiences than just Jen and I. We will talk about how we spend money, but you're only getting the two of us, So bringing in you all, if you're in the same pen area, I mean, this is definitely an opportunity for.
Speaker 1: An email because we want to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So these are about hour long episodes with a real person where we are going through their ninety day transaction inventory, talking to them about how much money they spent in different categories, how to rein in their spending, and maybe some categories where they're spending impulsively or they don't even know how much money they're spending. So that's another reason to subscribe to Frugal Friends podcast on YouTube is so that you can watch our spending intervention as well as the Sunday Reset series.
Speaker 4: But oh, I.
Speaker 3: Can't even tell you how thrilled I am. We have a couple of these recorded already, so we know that they are fun and that they're just good content. Who doesn't want to watch somebody else tell the rest of the world about what they spent on the last ninety days lawyers.
Speaker 1: Everyone's a vayar.
Speaker 3: But I think too we can find ourselves in these various people and their stories and no, yeah, I do spend on that, or yeah, I've always wondered about that type of transaction. How could I shift it? So you can kind of get even more real time digging in the weeds. Just thoughts from the frugal friends on these various types of spending and ways to improve but also be encouraged in different areas. If you do find yourself like, oh, yeah, I do really well in that category, or I'm doing that same thing that they're talking about recommending.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, if you loved our book by What you Love Without Going Broke, and you are attracted to the values based spending spending psychology content that we have done for the past two years, this is the series for you. It takes the concepts that we are talking about and applies them to real world experiences. So we're going to be doing less expert guests and more real world listeners. And the expert guests we do have on are not necessarily going to be from the money space. They're going to be kind of like Kevin who is talking about e bikes. We want to learn how to save money in a certain category transportation. What do we think is the next you know, big thing or radical middle and transportation e bikes. So we found a special you know, an expert in e bikes, or we're going to have an episode coming up how to renovate your kitchen on a budget, how to save money on your kitchen renovation. And so we found a DIY kitchen renovation expert and we're talking to her about, you know, what to do and what not to do when you're painting cabinets, where to skimp, where not to skimp. So that's the type of expert you'll be able to expect, and that's typically what we've done in the past. But that, like Bears repeating that that in particular won't change. We'll just be doing fewer guests and they'll be predominantly like that. So and you'll also in another thing that's changing in the podcast is that we're going to bring the video version of the podcast starting in May, so we're kind of soft launching all of these things. But starting in May, if you're subscribed to the YouTube, you'll also be able to see the videos of these episodes on YouTube, so that'll be great. And we're going to format these episodes kind of based on what you wanted to hear based on the Mega survey. So let's get into our megasurvey results.
Speaker 3: If you all are subscribed to the friend letter, then you remember there were a few weeks where we were really pushing this survey to all of you, our faithful listeners, to hear what do you have to say about what we're doing, what you want to see in the future. Who are you right? It's been seven years of this podcast. We believe we've gained a lot of new people. We've probably lost some people who no longer need this type of content. We believe that we believe that listeners will probably stay with us for about a year or two and then be able to kind of graduate into other types of content that's going to serve them maybe in a different life season. And so we wanted to see who are our listeners now today, and how can we best serve the majority of you who are listening. So we want to share the results with you so that you can also get an idea of where we're going with our podcast this year and all of our other efforts and kind of know what to expect from us to recognize, yeah, kind of where we're going to fall on the types of content that we're putting out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So one of the questions we asked is, in regards to your money, what are you most interested in learning about in twenty twenty five? And the choice that was and these were multiple choice could you could choose as many as you wanted on the list, And the one that was chosen most was buying quality over quantity. And that's something in twenty twenty four we really emphasized we wanted we've always wanted to get away from how can I get whatever I want for the cheapest price possible and not inspect why I want it? Right, So we've we've always wanted to get away from that and be like, how can once I am confident that I want to make a purchase, how can I buy the quality version instead of the cheapest version. So that's how we're going to tailor these how to save money on X episodes. We are not you know, in our kitchen renovation episode that we did, nowhere in there did we say cover your your countertops with like paint, paint or what it was that paper, the sticky paper that some people do, right, So never do we offer cheap options like that. There are options other than quarts if you don't care about quartz, right, So we're offering more content on how to save money on quality versus quantity.
Speaker 3: The next thing that you are all interested in learning more about is retirement planning. So you're definitely going to be hearing more about investing for retirement here on the podcast, but also in the Sunday Reset series. And so another thing I want to mention about the Sunday Reset that we're doing on YouTube every Sunday, as the name would suggest, is that if there's a topic that we do want to cover but don't we don't have forty five minutes to cover it, like we don't need that amount of time, then that would be something that we talk about in the Sunday Reset where we're giving maybe ten to fifteen minutes to a topic, like you know, something maybe ancillary or niche about maybe retirement or investing for retirement. So keep that in mind that if you've ever asked us a question or you gave us an idea for the podcast, we might end up using that in the Sunday Reset. So that's a reason to kind of watch both because it's not going to be the same content. We're going to be talking about different things in the Sunday Reset than we talk about here on the podcast, and usually some of those more niche down themes that only take about ten to fifteen minutes for us to cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll try to title the videos based on the listener question too, so you can know what you're getting at because you know the money move will be the Monday prior, you know the meal plan will be food. So the variable there would be the listener question. And so that's for the most part where we're going to try how we're going to try to title and thumbnail the Sunday resets.
Speaker 3: The next question on here was, or the next question that we asked in the Mega survey was what is your annual household income?
Speaker 4: So I know that this was.
Speaker 3: A little bit of a vulnerable question, but it was taken anonymously, and we learned through this mega survey where close to five hundred of you responded that fifty five percent of you have a household income of over one hundred thousand dollars annually, so a little more than half are earning six figures for the household. Seventy percent of you earn over seventy five thousand dollars annually, so you will be hearing content that caters to households bringing in around that amount seventy five to one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Now we want to say.
Speaker 3: Still stick around if you earn less than that, because again like our formatting, our new formatting suggests we want to go through how to get things for free, how to get them low cost, how to get a deal, and how to spend guilt free. So our content will still be applicable at kind of any level. But we do want you to know that we are now operating under the assumption and really have been like that. The majority of our listeners do have a degree of margin their finances, whether or not it always feels like that. We do have some additional money, but we need to learn how to allocate it the most efficiently in the best way possible, and maybe ways to find even more margin or surplus in our monthly money.
Speaker 1: Now you glossed over it, but you highlighted the like a big deal. Something that's kind of changing about how we craft the podcast episode and how we are making each episode accessible to every income level. But we're going instead of through headlines, we're going through filters. And we've mentioned it before, but I'll just like expound on them a bit. Is that our filters are free, low cost deal guilt free. So that free would be how can I get this for free? And so we're going to be exploring ways how do I get food for free, like genuinely free, So one hundred percent discount low costs would be over fifty percent. So that's generally going to be the second hand or the like we talked about flash food in last episode, so that is fifty percent off fresh groceries because they're almost expired. Deal would be less than fifty percent off, So it's these rebate apps, coupons, ways to just save like twenty to thirty percent on something, and then guilt free is the option where how can I spend on this at full cost and not feel guilty about it because it's based on my values. And that's another issue that we've seen a lot of our listeners have is that they've optimized and now they've identified their values because they've read bioe Love without Going Broke, and they still feel guilty for spending on their values because they've been conditioned to optimize and get the lowest price on everything. So that's why every episode is going to be accessible to every income level, because we're going to go through each of those filters. I think it's important for everyone to be acquainted which with each of those filters on every topic.
Speaker 3: The next question was how do you have kids at home? And fifty four percent of you do not have kids at home, So again a little more than half no children. And that could be because you're an empty nester, it could be because you are choosing to not have kids, and you know, maybe you've got a spouse or you're single, no kids, So there's a variety of reasons that somebody that you all might find yourself in that scenario. But it is sounding like it's kind of half and half between who has children who does not have children. So we are going to be doing some episodes tailor towards those who do have children at home, but not a ton of it, and also episodes like like the one we did with Jay Zigmont on you know, finances when you're child free on what do finances look like when we don't have kids at home? So being able to look at both since it sounds like we are really kind of split down the middle there on like what that life season is like, what our circumstances are like. So you're not going to get a ton of content about having kids.
Speaker 1: We did have a lot of requests for that, so we will do some and your hosts are fifty to fifty. I have right like I have two kids and Jill does it. So everything we're going to talk about is going to be applicable whether you have kids or not. But we will keep our kids specific content to maybe a couple episodes a year on the podcast, and then maybe if you have specific questions, submit them as a listener question for the Sunday Reset because that's where we're going to keep it. And if you're really in a stage of life where you really need more like honed in family with kids content, marriage, kids and Money by Andy Hill, Good Friend of ours great podcast also on YouTube. Then that's going to be a great podcast for you to add to your lineup.
Speaker 3: And then the last question that we want to highlight is what do you enjoy spending money on without guilt? And you all said, my landslide these top three categories experiences, travel, family, and honestly that's probably all one category. I want to have fun with my family in my hometown and abroad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we.
Speaker 3: Want to do episodes on how to save money on these things, being able to say spend money on family, spend money on travel, spend money on experiences without guilt. And we also are going to be prioritizing working with brands like this who kind of operate in this space of experiences, of travel, of opportunities with family, so that you all have access to discounts that those brands may be offering. So you'll probably hear a little bit more around those categories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we are going to be trying to work with fewer brands this year, so we're going to balance. In order for us to do this full time, we have to make money, right, and we want to be able to offer this to you for free. So we have relied on advertising dollars to do that, and we would like to be more intentional about the brands that we work with so that we can do more with fewer brands and again offer more discounts for you. So we're going to do everything we can to do that and to offer set what might be a drop in income from advertising. We are going to be offering some products that we think our listeners will benefit from and are also missing from the market. Not all missing from the market, but I think we are uniquely positioned to offer. So one of those we already offer is our monthly Money membership. You can get Oh, I forget, I totally forget the link to that, but it's a monthly So one of the biggest factors to people not following through with their financial goals is the intrinsic motivation is not there. External motivators will only last for so long, but we need internal motivators and one of those strong internal motivators is gamification. So what we've done is we've created monthly challenges that correlate to money that drive that intrinsic motivation. They help you save money. These challenges are designed to help you save four thousand dollars in one year, and you'll get a new one every month. And that is you'll also get access to past challenges too, so if the current challenge is not when you want to do, you'll have access to others possibly. So we've got that.
Speaker 4: Do you have the link to that?
Speaker 3: I don't know it yet, but we are gonna we are going to link it in the website. If you've used at a Frugal Friends podcast dot com.
Speaker 1: And you go to the top bar memberships right or monthly challenges or something, it's right there. Uh. And then we also will be doing spreadsheets. So you know, Jill has been a budget spreadsheet girl forever and so we're going to be selling not just her budget spreadsheet, but a really robust and mobile optimize spreadsheet. A lot of the Google sheet and Excel spreadsheets. They're beautiful on desktop, but they're not as beautiful on your phone. And so we are in the process. By the time this comes out, No, not yet, we're in the process, and later this month our budget spreadsheet will be available. It'll have about it'll have a sheet for every month, but it'll also have like an annual progress dashboard and a bill tracker and a savings tracker sheet so you'll be able to do this and it will all be optimized for mobile, so that you can go into your May budget and the first thing you're going to see is this list for your transactions, and then you just scroll over to the side to a bit and then you'll start to see the graphs and the progress. But we want to make it as easy for you to stay on top of your budget on a spreadsheet. Make it as easy as possible. And we always recommend if you're in your first year of getting your finances together, getting you know, becoming frugal as we like to say. I don't know if we've ever said that before, but if you're in your first year of this journey, manually in putting your transactions is necessary, if not consistently sporadically throughout the year. And then once you've spent a year in it, then you can go to a an app like Monarch or you know, any of the other one's wine ab stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we're not getting rid of though in our formatting, like what's not changing whatsoever?
Speaker 1: And it will It is probably the foundation of our whole business.
Speaker 4: Pretty much all of you love it.
Speaker 3: We've only gotten like two complaints about it, so it's staying and it's the villa of the week.
Speaker 5: That's right, It's time for the best minute of your entire week. Maybe a baby was born and his name is Williams. Maybe you've paid off your mortgage. Maybe your car died and you're happy to not have to pay that bill anymore. Buck bills, Buffalo bills, Bill Clinton, this is the.
Speaker 4: Bill of the week.
Speaker 6: Hi, jenn and Jill, this is Billy out your bill of the week. I'm calling you today to tell you that I loved your book By What You Love Without Going Broke. Jackie Cummins, Costky, my co host, and I have catching up to five. Are so excited to talk to you tomorrow on our show and tell everyone our world what they can do to be frugal with value spending. So see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 4: Oh, I am Dad, I'm shuck, I'm Shagan. Ever happened before? A ground break breaking?
Speaker 1: What a what a a fresh start start this new era with a goal that we've had for seven years, finally coming to fruition. I feel like I've been at this standstill, like holding on and I can finally let go and be free.
Speaker 3: This is a breakthrough for us because we have been asking for if your name is Bill call Us and some of you have delivered in part because you've called in and shared a bill about a person named Bill.
Speaker 4: That you know on behalf of Bill. That that's great. We do love those.
Speaker 3: We love people named Bill, but never in the history of Frugal Friends podcast have we had a person themselves named Bill call Us and Bill, you did it Bill from Catching up to five. So they're a great podcast. Feel free to give them a listen. We were interviewed with them. We interviewed with them recently.
Speaker 1: That show's already out, it's been out out.
Speaker 5: Bill.
Speaker 3: Thank you for sharing yourself with us, not even sharing your bill our mil You just shared some of your person.
Speaker 1: She's broken. I think you broke her, Bill.
Speaker 3: I'm literally what a better way to celebrate five hundred episodes and seven hundred we have the release and the blessing that we needed to move forward in our new era and still highly favored. Oh okay, how where do we go from here? Okay, here's where we go from here. We keep going and you know, if you want to submit a Bill of the week, if your name is.
Speaker 4: Bill, and you just want to keep a good thing going. Call us. If you know a Bill, call us, if you paid off a Bill, call us. If you've got Bill's call us.
Speaker 3: Frugal Friends podcast dot com slash Bill, leave it for us, and now it's time for.
Speaker 1: What are you most excited about in this new era?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Jen, Okay, you said something like this at the beginning, and I'm gonna I'm gonna rephrase it for myself. People were asking me what it felt like to have our book published, like it's out into the world, now, how do you feel? And I've been saying I thought it was gonna be anticlimactic, but it was actually the most climactic thing ever. It was a very exciting few days. And what also surprised me is how much of an actual release. I felt like the book was physically released into the world, So that happened, and I felt maybe more of a metaphorical release, but it almost felt physiological, like it did feel like this weight lifted. I've loved the book process. I love the book that we wrote. I truly believe it is and will help people. But it's also been so top of mind, so all consuming for the past two years that now that it's out there, there's no more to really do with it other than to keep telling people about how great it is.
Speaker 4: Going broke. That's it.
Speaker 3: And it truly felt like freedom to pursue other things, not that this wasn't a good thing to pursue. I'm so glad we pursued it. It's out Keep keep doing it. By by that thing, please by what.
Speaker 4: You love book.
Speaker 3: But I truly felt and the word I've been using this year maybe it's my word invigorated, Like it truly felt like this book was released way is lifted all of a sudden, these new ideas poured in. What did help us is we got an office. So we are not working out of either one of our homes anymore. We have a studio in an office space. Jen and I are spending believe it or not, even more time together so where we would typically record in person, but any other work that we did for the podcast we did separately.
Speaker 4: Now we are side by.
Speaker 3: Side day in and day out, sharing ideas like encouraging one another, making such fun content like just laughing. We are that we did choose an office. That's kind of like back in the corner of the building because we're like.
Speaker 4: We are going to be loud.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 3: They wanted to put us outside of the nap room and the meditation room in this office building, and we were like.
Speaker 1: Oh ma'am, they don't go like, we can't.
Speaker 4: Go there because we do loud.
Speaker 1: Now we are across from the podcasting room. It will never use it because this is our podcast.
Speaker 4: Built our own studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which again you can see our studio if you subscribe to our channel on YouTube. So for me, I think I'm most excited about how invigorated I feel about things and just the hum. I know we've been using the excitement so much, so I'm going to switch to the word hum. Of all the different things that we're launching, but yet it doesn't feel like too much. Each thing feels like it blends and marries with the other. But the core of it for me is content that is helpful like that has been such a huge driver for me, even as I've been creating videos on our Instagram, which also, by the way, we're putting a lot more time and energy into the Frugal Friends Podcast Instagram account, so feel free to follow us there for even more just videos on how We're making frugality fun, been editing videos and just like this like energy will come over me where I'm like, I just love doing this because I know that this is gonna help somebody or like inspire them or hopefully be invigorating to somebody else. And it's just been so great. So I'm I'm excited about all of it. But I'm excited about helpful content.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is exciting for me to see you be so yeah.
Speaker 3: Honestly, the marketing of the book really took me out.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie. That was my least.
Speaker 3: Favorite part of the book process.
Speaker 4: I did not enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I knew it wasn't gonna last long, so I hung in there like that little cat poster. But now it's a new dawn. Yeah, and new energy is flowing through this I know.
Speaker 1: I am also excited to to just create because we're we're passionate about so many things regarding frugality, and so I'm excited to get back into diving into the.
Speaker 4: Other parts of it too.
Speaker 1: So me too. My thing that I put though is the spending interventions. So there is again our our gripe with Google for the last decade has been that the first page is always the same content, just from different websites, and it's always the same websites too, right, So it is so undifferentiated, so replicatable, and I really feel the spending interventions. My favorite thing about them is they're not replicatable. You will get something new every single time because we are talking to new people and if it's good, we don't know if it's good. We really need you to get up in those comments and tell us what's good and what you would like to see different. If we miss something, tell us. We really want to make them as helpful as possible. Right, once we make it really good, some other creator can't just go in and replicate what we did. That is so exciting to me. AI can't go in and spit out what I just published because it's video and it's super original. And I love using AI to speed up and aid in saving money and doing tasks that would take me a while. I love AI for that, and I really think it's the future of search engine. But as a creator, I want to create something that AI cannot replace me as and that I truly believe is it's video, and specifically video like this where we're not speaking to the same expert that ten other people have added on their show. But we're speaking to like people who this may be the only podcast they ever do in their life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't just spit out somebody else's spending behaviors. We are all nuanced, and so we want to show you all of the nuanced through the Spending Intervention.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh shorted.
Speaker 3: So again, that first one comes out on April fifteenth, sixteenth, sixteenth, Wednesday, April sixteenth. Yeah, they will come out every other week on Wednesday, So subscribe so that you know when the next one is available so you can binge that.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening, and eventually we will have the audio from these YouTube videos in the RSS feed, but we are definitely investing in video first for the reasons I just said. So that's yeah, we want you. We want you to go there, and we would love to get a rating and review from you on Spotify on Amazon for the book. It truly helps us expand, kind of like this one for the book from Hey this is the personal finance and mindset book of the year. Disclaimer, I do work for Frugal Friends, so I was able to read the portions of this book prior to release, but I did sit down like everyone else and read the book in its entirety upon release date. Jen and Jill have the popular podcast Frugal Friends, and that has seen countless episodes, dozens of interviews, and growth over the last few years. If you're looking for a step by stuff plan to pay off debt, this in the book. But what this book is about is community spending and saving in accordance with your values and looking at the whole person and big picture so we can form good money habits for the rest of our lives, not just for the short term. Kim, now that I read and I know that it's Kim, not just Ka. Thank you. We so appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Really appreciate it. Kim.
Speaker 3: Thank you all for listening. If you enjoyed the book, please leave a rating and review for the book. If you enjoyed the show, leave a rating and review for the show. It just helps us keep staying invigorated.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, we're so excited for this new season. We'll see you there.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 4: Frugal Friends is produced.
Speaker 1: By Eric Sirianni.
Speaker 4: Okay, we got a meeting. We gotta go. No no, no show.
Speaker 3: In the after show, sorry folks, but subscribe you'll get more from us there.
Speaker 4: Go to YouTube, follow us on Instagram,