Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Almost Famous listeners. It's been here jumping in for some breaking news. Lots of stuff out there on the internet right now talking about bachelor. Grant ellis, yes, our most recent bachelor. Obviously, there's been a breakup from his season already, not a very long lived relationship, but a relationship. Nonetheless, he's been out quite often now talking about moving on since his engagement ending.
Speaker 3: Now, I do have a perspective on this. I have been in this in a very similar situation on the show.
Speaker 2: A bachelor, have a breakup, try to get out into the world however you can. But let me give you a little background here, just in case you are unfamiliar. Grant got on Instagram. He did a live answering questions just from listeners as they came in. We reacted to this live, obviously, we jumped on, we talked about it. It is a big deal. It is a big headline. Anytime there is a relationship or a relationship ending, it does make headwaves. And the thing that stood out to me was he said he wasn't heartbroken. Now that feels odd to me, So I mean, I don't know their situation. Obviously, we didn't see even a lot on the season. There wasn't a lot of buy in from the audience. And if you want to come at me on that, well, look at the ratings from the season, look at the response from the season, looking the kind of the news from that season. There just wasn't a lot of connection with the contestants or with Grant coming off of that season, which some would claim is probably why The Bachelor is still kind of in hiatus at this point and they've moved on to announcing the Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 3: Instead, But.
Speaker 2: So's I guess. My point is it's hard to really understand what's going on in this relationship behind the scenes. But what I do know is when a relationship ends from the show, there is heartbreak. There's heartbreak for a lot of reasons, especially when you go into a show hoping you can find love, hoping that maybe this environment, no matter how weird it is, could bring you your forever partner if you go into it with the mindset of, hey, this could be the avenue in which I find my forever love. When it doesn't work out, there is heartbreak, There is pain, and then you have the obviously the dynamic of the public pouring in their opinions, pouring in their comments, and there is more pain because typically when there is a breakup, sides are chosen. You pick one side, you pick the other. Nobody really sits in the middle, just not the way reality television works. And so there's pain because you're getting hit from both sides. Well, so I think for Grant, I think right now from watching the live and then obviously kind of listening to Ashley and Trista's reaction to it, I think Grant is in a season of protection. I think he is trying to protect himself. I don't think the reality has hit him yet. Of this is the ending to his kind of one thing that came from the show. If we're honest, this was his big moment. This relationship was going to be the thing that maybe sustained from the show. But with this ending, a lot of doors will be closed. It's the way breakups work. From the show as well. They love you as a couple. When that ends, you're just one of many who haven't worked out from the show, and that's fine, but you have to get to that reality as quickly as possible. So he's kind of in this sea enough protection. I think they're both doing the best they can. It's not you can kind of read through the lines on Juliana's and his post that there was trouble in Paradise. They're both kind of claiming that it was all fine and they just didn't work out, and that's hard to believe when both are kind of moving on quickly and sharing these messages, little messages that seem the point that there was a little bit more trouble than what they're leading on, and maybe we'll get to the bottom of that over time. I don't love when couples break up from the show and they immediately come out kind of bashing the other person. Breakups happen, they do not everybody gets along. That's the truth of the matter, that's relatable for all of us, and so I don't love when they bash right away. But I do love when we do get to the bottom of the story over time because we've invested so much in their relationship.
Speaker 3: Here's where things get interesting. Giving you the background.
Speaker 2: After Trista and Ashley spoke about his Instagram live and shared their thoughts, both positive and critiques, we posted on our Instagram. The Almost Famous Podcast Instagram a video of Ashley and Trista talking about his Instagram Live Well. Grant commented on the post. He saw it and commented, now this post that he made has now been deleted. I don't think it's an unfair post for him to make, but he deleted it. Anyways, this is what it says. I'll read it to Grant Ellis posts on The Almost Famous Podcast Instagram. He says, everyone is criticizing and I get that I did everything I could to try to.
Speaker 3: Make the relationship work. So did Juliana.
Speaker 2: He says, I am able to distance my feelings when something isn't for me. A lesson learned over a heartbreak any day. Again, I don't think this is an unfair comment for him. It does to me. Now this is my personal opinion. I want to be clear on that it comes off a little cold if just a few months ago we were watching not even a few months ago, we were watching them come out publicly. They were asking for the public support of their relationship. They were talking about their futures together, they were talking about moving in together. They were claiming that the reason we haven't seen them together is because of the distance, but that was going.
Speaker 3: To be a solution here soon.
Speaker 2: Ashley, my co host, had, just like she does oftentimes, she had made the assumption that things weren't good between the two of them. She'd said that publicly to many people's criticism.
Speaker 3: Even though she was right.
Speaker 2: So if you're one of those people, you've got to go apologize to her. This comes off a little cold, but I don't think it's an unfair comment for him to make. Again, I think he's enough season of protection. He is trying to move on past this, to try to figure out what life looks like beyond the relationship and beyond the Bachelor. He is trying to get back out into the world and date. Why his fire is still burning from the show and goodness, gracious, we've had this conversation on almost of his podcast. How quickly is too quickly to move on from a breakup. I don't know if there's any amount of time that it's too quick. Once you call it quits. Goodness, you can get out there and and date around. So I don't blame him for trying to get out there and date, but I think where the public is getting upset and probably why he deleted his post because the comments on it weren't super positive. Is because we are still invested in his relationship with Juliana. There was one thing to come from that season where we were frustrated because of the disconnection with the show in itself. We still could have a connection to Hey, this couple could work, this couple could make something happen, and we would be really excited about that. So once that ended, we're like, well, what was all this for?
Speaker 3: What was the point?
Speaker 2: We had a season that we didn't connect with any of the contestants. Really, we had a season that felt like the Bachelor didn't want to be there half the time, and it was many months of our life and a really critical season for the show because it was coming off a Joey season which was such a success in so many ways that it frustrated us because there was so much missing and now what we missed from it is any love story at all. Anyways, as I made he did delete the post, so he obviously was feeling that the comments were not going in a direction he appreciated. I kind of have the standard of once I put something on in the public, it stays out in the public. I want people to hear my thoughts, even if they would disagree, but he does have the right to delete it, and he did so. It leads us now to this moment where the shows producers have asked me to share any advice I have.
Speaker 3: For granted, I don't have a lot of advice.
Speaker 2: I don't love to give advice into situations I'm so oblivious on I guess my words of wisdom would be this.
Speaker 3: Too shall pass. But also.
Speaker 2: My words of wisdom would be you were the Bachelor, which comes with a weight of people investing into your relationship and into your life. You agreed to that, if nothing else. You agreed for people to have a microscopic view for a period of time into your dating and into your relationships. And if you wanted to do this show for the right reasons, you wanted people to invest into you so that they could root for you, they could invest into your future, into your love, and so kind of sweeping this under moving on so quickly in a lot of ways, feels like a disregard for a fan base who was rooting for you. And so maybe take a step back and realize that it doesn't sit well with an audience that watch you to fall in love for you to just brush it under so quickly and move on so quickly.
Speaker 3: It's great that you're.
Speaker 2: Able to disassociate your feelings when things don't work out. It doesn't mean that the people who have supported you and rooted for you can do the same. You owe them nothing. I think that would be a lot of people's commentary. You owe them nothing, But you did agree to be the Bachelor, which means that you did agree to open your life up to a world of all of these things for a long period of time. And what I want for Grant personally is for him to take away from this experience the doors that have been opened for him and pursue those things that enhance as the advice that was given to me enhance the life you already had before. But also to appreciate and respect that this franchise invested a lot into him and to their relationship, and understand that fans might not just be okay with this nonchalant, I'm all good, back out in the market kind of mentality so quickly after telling all of us that you were moving in with Juliana. It's hard to move on that quickly for us. So but you know, I hope for both of them that they can take a step into whatever love looks like now, but also to realize that, yeah, to realize it won't be easy because people still remember you from being engaged on a show. We hope to hear from Grant. I'd love to talk to him. If we don't get to talk to him, I'm sure you can find him on Instagram live. Well, that's the breaking news, Grant Ellis has commented on the Almost Famous Instagram. That comment has since been deleted if you out looking for it. It sounds like Grant is trying to protect and that makes sense. It's a weird time to have a public breakup. It's been Almost Famous podcast until next time.
Speaker 3: I've been bed.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.