Speaker 1: Welcome to Ravens Press Pass. The Baltimore Ravens were defeated by the Buffalo Bills twenty seven to twenty five in the Divisional round. Here's what coaches and players had to say after the loss. First up quarterback Lamar Jackson's.
Speaker 2: First half. I had two costly turnovers.
Speaker 3: Me not r holding the safety, me just knowing the cover, me knowing it was a man throw a BS intercession game. We h it was seven seven at the time. I believe they scored after that battle back, UH fumble, She's not tryna make something happen. You know, couldn't throw up. It was like a a RPO place, so I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't really throw the ball to uh likely.
Speaker 3: You know, the officers line was down the field, so I was trying to make something happen. Tried to squeeze the ball and slipped up. My man n Meta picked it up, got some yards. I think that led.
Speaker 2: To points for them.
Speaker 3: So it's a team effort out there. You know, he been busting his body making plays happening out down NFL for us. UH came up short and like I been saying all season, every time we had situations like this' turnovers play a factor. Penanties play a factor today, Twell, tonight to turnover can't happen, you know, And that's why we lost the game. Cause, as you can see, moving the ball wonderfully, it's hold on to the fall. I'm sorry for my language annoying Todd.
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 4: I mean, you you go through the whole regular season and you're one of the best quarterback to repelling Cary versus m Little. It's not that many, boss.
Speaker 5: Seriously, then obviously last week uh a great game in that regard as well.
Speaker 4: Is there something different about today or is it just healthy cool?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just how things row.
Speaker 3: Like I said on the UH, I seen it was a man coverage. I just didn't get my eyes on the safety. Finally got my eyes on the safety. It would have been no interception at night, you know. But going back to the fumble, I still got to hold on to the ball. When bass O hold on to the ball, just go down.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: It's a playoff game. Me knowing that spit second. I'm just tryna make something happen, you know, But just go down.
Speaker 4: Martin moved back here before taking things which season movie.
Speaker 2: To the next one?
Speaker 7: Learn you f like as a whole when you take now from the season, this is this skame moving in the next n to change.
Speaker 3: And protect the ball? Ruh, like protect the ball. We was driving like I said, we were driving the ball smooth all game.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: I don't even think we planted tonight. It was the three turners got us off the field. So we protect the ball. We're not even having these conversations.
Speaker 2: Wen.
Speaker 3: You guys don't even have those type of questions for me. You know, we gotta do a better job by protecting that ball. And what would be out with in the right track.
Speaker 4: What about the position where you.
Speaker 5: Guys got down to the buffalo I think three or two was the word was a bunch of beads?
Speaker 2: You did that?
Speaker 4: Oh that's SSI.
Speaker 2: S uh tryna make something happen.
Speaker 3: Uh they actually we we we call like a man beater and it was in zone, so couldn't force not and just protect the ball.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I felt like we did a great job in that situation. Taught got us three points right there.
Speaker 4: The exchange between huge job, chet from the g and keep sure with yourself?
Speaker 2: What what that exchange was excering us with Josh? Oh, Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man, just you know, we we competing. We competing, don't get me wrong. But hats off to him, me, hats off to meet. That's what we said to me. You know, great players, you know, recognize greatness, and we both recognize each other.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: But I told him, Man, gonna get something, Gona win something, man, you know, MVP super Bowl, do something. H I want him to be successful.
Speaker 8: You know, Homar, what did you.
Speaker 4: You've taught to Mark after the game? I know you guys are really close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I talk to him on the side lone, But I'm m I'm just as hurt as Mark. You know, I don't his fault, Like all of us played a factor in that game. You know, it's a team effort. Uh, just not gonna I'm not gonna put that on Mark, bro cause he been battling all seasons. He been doing all the great things he's been doing all season. It don't always go our way we wanted to, but at the wrong time, it's like it's not going out the way.
Speaker 2: We need to figure that out, you know more.
Speaker 7: What more, we know how it's kind of focused in luck to you always are and trying to get to do that shoot for Yeah, I difficulty, that's it's after this stun Tell it's gonna be another year before you can beget.
Speaker 2: In a pursuit for that again.
Speaker 3: T Man, I just gotta get over this, you know, Uh, cause we raped there and I'm tired of being raped there. We need to punch it in. We need to punch in that. We need to punch in that ticket. But bro t about Uh, well, let us get right off season, man, get right off season?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 4: What what do you feel like you need to do to avoid those things?
Speaker 9: I know simple was pulling all the ball like you said was, but what do you what do you feel like you need to get to to take that in?
Speaker 4: What do you guys need to do to take that next step?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't even know how you wanted to answer that question, man, Like you basically said that I and I said it protect the ball. We not having this convo. You're not asking that question, you know, cause we protect the ball. We still on the field, and I I believe we driving the ball down the field. We pump points. I don't care if it's a field goal touch down. And it was three opportunities that those guys had on on their defense that they made for their team to win. We didn't do sh We didn't do what we supposed to be protecting the ball. That's the number one priority. We didn't do it. Especially me, I'm the leader. I gotta protect the ball. You know, some hot two more offs are.
Speaker 4: Protecting more part.
Speaker 7: Any thing you saw are different from obviously earlier in the season you played the bells for there anything you pleased me that you saw that different?
Speaker 2: Num Nuh.
Speaker 3: They had different players on the field, but not really they do anything spectacular more what the what?
Speaker 4: There obviously a lot of things to differently from be different guys.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what do you see as the potential going forward for this team?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: Guys who was here? Uh, hats off to all the guys man our unit. Man that the players who was all on his journey together. Man, cause some pieces was added to the team.
Speaker 2: Lad.
Speaker 3: You know, gods stepped up, stepped being guds went down. Guys came in and helped us be in a situation. Unfortunately, some of the guys won't be here next year, but hopefully the guys who are returning had that had that steed from this this game.
Speaker 2: You know, to enter next season. Alright, thanks so Lark. Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: Hear from head coach John Harbaugh after the loss in the Divisional round.
Speaker 6: Proud of our football team, proud of the season. I told these guys in the locker room that hold their heads high because they did everything that a football team can do to be the best football team it can be throughout the course of the season. The resilient team, a tough team, the team that faced every challenge. I just fought and stayed together and worked hard and made the most of every single day. They were a joy to be around every single day and did everything they could do to be the best they could be. So I'm proud of them.
Speaker 2: We didn't win this game.
Speaker 6: Disappointing, of course, that's a big game.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: We didn't end up doing the things we needed to do to win the game. We played well enough to win, but we didn't make the players or we had the circumstances. And UH give the Bills a lot of credit uh for the uh the plays that they made. What questions jab John?
Speaker 4: Obviously Mark Andrews has done so much with the sperranchise over the years. What do you say to him that you know that DoPT point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm the same thing I I would say to to all the all the guys like Mark, I mean Mark, there's nobody that has more heart and cares more and fights more than Mark Who's we wouldn't be here without Mark Andrews. You know, that's that's what you say to him. So you know it's it's uh, it's like anything else. I mean, destiny is is a decision that you make. It's a decision is how you handle you know, what what what come, what comes in your life, you know, and and then Marko handle it fantastic like he always does. Cause he's a cause he's a high character person. He's a tough person and he's a good person. So proud of him, just like I'm proud of all the guys. Coach.
Speaker 7: Uh obviously, you know, turnovers and could be seemed to be the business maker of his game.
Speaker 2: What was it about the about the Mobile's team that you saw that kind of had your team unsettled.
Speaker 6: I didn't see that. I didn't see that part of it.
Speaker 4: Tell Us are something they were doing early defectively, the tur or of the adjustments they made against the runs.
Speaker 6: Early in the game, yeah, I thought we made some great adjustments. I mean they were doing a few things in terms of, uh, the way they were playing it, loading it up a little bit. And I thought our coaches did a great job, uh, especially at half time, even towards the end of the second half, and kind of cleaned it up a little bit and we started running the ball really well in the second half.
Speaker 9: Trying to work with conversation in message from Damar and uh after.
Speaker 6: Work we say it again, d the conversation or or a message from Lamar and after the game, Uh, Lamar said, hey, we we just get back to work. That was come up in the locker room. Yeah, yeah, that was a message we get back to work, alright, John.
Speaker 7: John, I mean is there is there a local I don't know with how to you know, how how would your frienders job.
Speaker 10: Where all year you've done so well at Whiting Day?
Speaker 6: Was I you you she was take aways in teen the street versus turnovers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Turner Dome chort. Uh you know how how is it when in the game like this, what it g was un characteristic?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How how do you kind of get well?
Speaker 8: I mean you handle it?
Speaker 6: I mean, wa, what what what? What can you do. It's it's uh, it's it was uncharacteristic to have turnovers like that. There are opportunities for us to uh to not have those, but they they we have, you know, so you try to bounce back from That's what you try to do in the course of a game. You can't take 'em back, you know. They once they happen, they happen. You try to make the next plays. Like I just said about about, uh make a decision. You make a decision about how you're gonna handle things like that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: We have not been a team that turns the ball over. I'm proud of our guys. We had a great job with that all year. We did turn it over this game. Uh, but you know, uh, you gotta try to go make the next this next score in the next play. And that's that's what you That's what I judge it on. And we look at ball security, well look at all the details and the techniques and certain things like that, of course, but uh, but really the the the mark is if you wanna make a judgment and you wanna make an evaluation, that's what you make it on. Okay, So what happens next we come back, We fight, we go all way down the field, we score. I mean, that's that's that's the answer that our team makes. I'm concerned about our team, you know, And that's the answer that our team made. That's why I'm so proud of these guys. That's why I told 'em. I love 'em.
Speaker 2: I love 'em.
Speaker 6: I'm proud of 'em.
Speaker 10: Uh I.
Speaker 6: I've nothing but admiration for 'em in every single way, and and and it says how I feel about.
Speaker 8: It, john Na.
Speaker 5: These play up losses, I mean, having more turnovers than your clonents kind of than the.
Speaker 4: Come right in the last few years, does it?
Speaker 6: You mean the two losses that we had in the playoffs, not not the wins obviously, Yeah, but I mean just just.
Speaker 4: He's you know, going back and think frankly into Lamar Jackson eraw, you know, turnovers that kind of been a type of thing. I'm not saying they're all large, but I mean, does it feel like a cotter?
Speaker 2: No, No, it does not.
Speaker 6: It's football. That's how football works. I mean, you wanna draw some big cosmic thread, you know, he draw it for every single team in the league except the team that wins. You know, you t it's tough to win. It's a it's a big challenge. It's one of the chiefs. You gotta admire what they've done. I mean, it's tough to win playoff games. It's tough to get in the playoffs. Then it's tough to win playoff games. Now you gotta stack four playoff wins to win a championship. And when you don't win it, then you go, you gonna start drawing threads. You know, there's no thread It's football. That's football. You know, Uh, this game went the way it went. You talk about all that. There's plenty of playoff games that we had, we didn't turn the ball over. You know, usually win those. That's just the way it goes. So that's football. So you know, I think people like to talk about what they want to talk about, and they want to draw conclusions because you know, it's it's cool, it's good. I understand it. That's where talk. People love football and you should be talking about all that. But there's the men who play this game deserve to be respected, and I know you do. I know you respect them. And because it's tough out there, it's a hard fight, and whoever wins whoever wins the Super Bowl, Man, they earned it because you gotta stack. You gotta stack a lot of big wins against really good teams in tough environments, you know, And that's that's how it goes. That's how it works.
Speaker 8: To stop today.
Speaker 6: Uh, we gotta stop for most of the second half until like the last uh couple last drive, but then we got stopped on you know, in the red zone, which I was happy about. But uh uh, I thought we did a lot better than the second half of we did the first half.
Speaker 2: Sixteen russion the tips with Derrick Henry.
Speaker 8: Do you feel like you could wie some movie?
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't second guess any of that. We did what we try to do to win the game. Anybody else, alright?
Speaker 9: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Safety Kyle Hamilton discusses the loss.
Speaker 4: Oh but you're obviously watching the last few minutes of the game.
Speaker 7: Can you talk about the swing of emotions for you where it seems like, you know, Isaiah gets the touchdown.
Speaker 2: You I'm guessing your head, you're.
Speaker 4: Thinking, you know, go to the hide the scheme and then uh, obviously just like can you just don't got a swimming emolutions theory?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 11: Holding them to three on that second and last defensive drive, it's a huge just give our op offensive opportunity to go, you know, tie the game.
Speaker 8: And I think everybody on the sideline wasn't surprised with what happened.
Speaker 11: You know, they go down the field and score a touchdowns just uh, at the end of the day, chips and follow away. But uh, we have upmost belief for everybody on both sides of the ball, special teams, coaches. So I mean, that's just the way the coin was flipped today. So I mean, it's a nothing really more to say.
Speaker 5: Call you you mean Joab was obviously talking about the second high performance of the defense.
Speaker 4: What when you were in the whole room at half time, what was the jump fand what was said? What do you can kind of turn around for you?
Speaker 8: That's the true.
Speaker 11: I mean, it's not really any adjustments being made. It's just you know, you gotta do your job, you know, just be more physical. You can draw up all the players you want to. If you don't have dudes going to hit people, then that's not gonna work. And I didn't think we were physical enough in the first half. Second half, Uh, I thought we did better, coulda done better, uh, throughout the whole game. But you know, I think they ran in the same duo play like ten plus times a night, and that's honestly just not a good showing of what we can do as a defense. You know, I feel like that's somewhat disrespectful and for us to allowed to do that, you know, that's just out of.
Speaker 8: Character for us.
Speaker 11: So you know, we can ten point different things that happened this and there. At the end of the day, you know, it just wasn't enough to get a job done.
Speaker 4: How you you been around part games time out, how much.
Speaker 8: Do you kind of you can have doing that?
Speaker 10: Do?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I mean, you know in this league and.
Speaker 11: You know I dropped the pick earlier in the year, and you know, people don't turn on one another. You know, we go through so much from fall camp to now. One player doesn't define anybody. He's all time leading touchdown receiver in Raven's history. So for anybody to say anything about him, you gotta look in the mirror and really evaluate your thought process. What he's done for this franchise, what he will do for this franchise in the future. Just you know, he's been a consistent beacon of success the whole time he's been here, and for everybody to take anything away from from him and his working I think every think.
Speaker 8: It's just unfair.
Speaker 4: How are you, guys, you know, best leader?
Speaker 9: Do like really well second half of the season, that's the play well do and have a game where different turnovers, where.
Speaker 4: Your couple of kids a big lead.
Speaker 9: How would you describe I guess a level of frustration, which.
Speaker 11: With that, I mean uhh high uh high frustration levels. You know, this is nothing that we plan for. It's a shocked everybody walking off that field, definitely.
Speaker 8: Me and for it just be over like that. You know, we feel like we have the team and the mentality to win the super Bowl. Super Bowl every year we come out.
Speaker 11: So obviously it it's easy to say that, and you know every team says that, and we gotta just go back to the drawing board and find out what we need to do to get to that point.
Speaker 2: You two more kind of how how highly did you think of this team's potential come company?
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 8: But very high? I mean, I I think.
Speaker 11: You know, we kind of set ourselves back earlier in the season and that therefore, you know, we gotta come on the road and stuff like that.
Speaker 8: But you know, it doesn't matter the environment or whatever the peg who we have. We I feel like we can go up against anybody and get a win. And you know what, Lamar quarterback, we got road leading defense.
Speaker 11: Uh it's really not more much more that you need you you gotta put people around them and uh with the right mentality. So I mean, it's not a personnel thing, it's not a coaching thing. You know, it's just didn't execute at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: How you've been a part of two two pious teams that have really high level though the jit regular season wins got you know, playoff wins.
Speaker 5: How how daunting does it feel kind of thinking about going through this process again.
Speaker 4: To get back here or what? Do you kind of feel like everything's attact if you can.
Speaker 8: I don't think it's dawn't take at all.
Speaker 11: I think I'm I feel like every year Business League, every time we lost in the playoffs, up just more eager to get back to it. You know, these losses hurt, but it adds fuel to the fire coming in the next year. So uh, save that for them. You know, let this sink in and you know we won't forget it, but at the same time, I'm ready to get back going.
Speaker 8: Let's go Preptre sire y'all.
Speaker 1: Linebacker row On Smith discusses the end of the season, bro.
Speaker 8: Like you know, e literally going off.
Speaker 7: You know there's only one team ultimately, it's just celebrating the season. But does it hurt even more? Or when it ends this abruptly, when you know it happens when you're looks like you you have a chance that I ain't this her again the way the game end, If.
Speaker 10: This is hurt more than any tradulark, I would say absolutely. You know, at the end of the year, there's obviously only one team that's uh hoisting our trophy, But personally, I'd rather get my heart ripped out every time at that game we're compete for that. So uh, at the end of the day, any loss sucks. And obviously you know on this one, knowing to this, you know the last time that each and every guy wuld be in our locker room uh together and you know, uh that's what life's about, creating memories, and we didn't play good enough to create more memories uh with each other, And so thinking about that and that's just you know, it sucks. I guess it's life at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: R what won't you with the cloud set uh about being physical going out?
Speaker 8: Do you agree with that?
Speaker 10: Do you think there was an issue in the first half, uh the first half? Yeah, Uh, I think honestly, you know, hats off of those guys. Uh, but when y when I J looked at it, uh coming over to the sideline, everything that they got was self inflicted, and I feel like that's all that's that's the case most of the time. But you know, hats off of those guys for making those plays and uh capitalizing.
Speaker 8: On the things that uh we didn't do uh so great.
Speaker 10: And that starts with each and every person uh doing your uh one to eleven, including myself.
Speaker 5: A lot of obviously this keeth that's really changed a lot in terms of this performance in after the the bi weekue and you know that five and over run. What do you think the cheep that's had to do this year.
Speaker 4: To think I kind of get to that, but where you almost or you don't play.
Speaker 10: The years that Chenior you Yeah, absolutely, Uh. It's never about how you start, but it's about uh how you finish at the end of the day. And I think it's just a testament to uh, each and every guy on the defensive side of the ball, you know, going through uh the face of adversity and you know coming out whichever way you know, opinions wanna say in a sense, and I just think it goes to you know, the guys that's in the locker room.
Speaker 8: And obviously we.
Speaker 10: Didn't play good enough to get the dub uh today, And that's all that it it is to it and gotta play better if we wanna win. And it's not pulling the fingers at anybody. It's about each and every person looking themselves in the mirror, because not anyone that was on defense played a perfect game. So it's about doing your one to eleven consistently enough to be on the winning side.
Speaker 8: What marshally, I couldn't marsh today.
Speaker 10: Uh always ruding with eight, you know, rode or die, regardless of the situation. So I'm always backing him. I'm always gonna be there for him. Thought, UH play a good game, uh, And you know, at the end of the day, we didn't play good enough as a team to win, And that's what it's all about it's always a team game. It's not an individual game at all. If it was that, it'll be one person out there, not eleven. So when you think about it from that perspective, I'm around him to the wiels fall off, and if the wheels fall off with your own metal, we ride that out as well. So whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: Two more from mine, you back back, kids, you know, playoffs, back back, play off.
Speaker 4: Just where do you see this team going before?
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 10: Uh, well, obviously this team's gonna be different next year, cause at the end of the day, no team is ever the same. So it's about using this. It's more fuel to the fire and feel short. And you know when you fall short, it always eager. You're eager to uh get back at it. And I know each and every guy's pissed off because not one person did enough to get us over to hump this game, and like every person should take that person on. If you don't, you're not a a ultimate competitor. And that's how I'm looking at it. So I got a few, I gotta I gotta do things better as well. So it's just more few to the fire and just gotta continue to get better and it's got to enjoy the memories that we all created together, because hey, you only get you don't get one t chance to play this game this season, and that's.
Speaker 4: It for us.
Speaker 2: But it is what it is, right thanks for.
Speaker 1: Ravens players will address the media again tomorrow from locker room clean out after the conclusion of the Baltimore Ravens season