Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Dat enough He Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 2: Marcus is just sleep.
Speaker 3: Biden may be keeping a strong face. The headline from Axios Harris stiff arms Biden in the final stretch. Days he's kept open to hit the trail have come and gone, the campaign reportedly saying we'll get back to you.
Speaker 1: I've done a lot of sorts. If we talk all the time, I'm they're asking me where they think I should be to help them.
Speaker 3: Most Evidently those calls aren't coming from Harris. The New York Times reports she is gingerly peppered people who are close to mister Biden. How do you think he's doing?
Speaker 1: She will ask.
Speaker 3: Biden's allies say he's concerned the campaign is underestimating his appeace among working class voters in the rust Bell.
Speaker 1: That's a non story in my opinion. It's just, you know, it's an old man whose feelings might be hurt. That he no longer is relevant to the question. But George W. Bush didn't campaign with McCain back in two thousand and eight because he wasn't popular at the time, and he said, yeah, that's fine. I realized I'd be more of a drag than a help. Maybe Biden's hurt by this, I don't know, but Biden would be a drag.
Speaker 4: Characterized it quite accurately as a sad old man who can't accept that he's now worse than irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Which has got to be tough when you've been relevant for fifty some years. But you know it happens to all of us. Trump is over an hour into a press conference. Over an hour. Can you imagine Kamala Harris standing there with major press taking questions for over an hour? No, neither can I. It'd be the end of her campaign probably if she right. Yeah, so, uh. Trump doesn't get enough credit for that. He takes on adversarial press more than anybody I can remember in modern presidential history, and has the whole time.
Speaker 4: Part of the reason is because virtually all of the press is adversarial. I saw it actually claimed the other day by CNN or somebody. The Trump has done a number of interviews almost entirely with friendly outlets, which is just given the context of Kamala that is just shame shamelessness is kind.
Speaker 1: Of their their way of doing business. So here's an interesting thing I saw develop yesterday. And Katie, you can weigh on this as the only woman or I'm sorry, a chest feeding person, vagina owning person. I don't know what I'm supposed to call you. I don't want to get on the wrong side of history.
Speaker 4: That wasmit worthy. Bonus hole, that's right. I forgot that was the actual term.
Speaker 1: Ei the woke, that's right. Oh, I forgot for a cup of coffee. They seriously were saying that this emerged yesterday. I heard it a bunch of times, the hesitant Harris voter around abortion. So there's the hesidant Trump voter, which seems to be true several cycles in a roll where Trump does better than the polling, with the idea being their Trump voters are afraid to say it to pollsters or something. I don't know. I've never quite understood. It doesn't make sense to me that why you'd be afraid to say anything to a polster. But anyway, he has performed better than the polls. There's belief that there's a hesitant Harris voter. Women in specific. They now have ads mentioning this. It's getting mentioned in all kinds of surrogate speeches. Women, Michelle Obama. We should have the clip of this Obama saying this the other night. Women, we know your husbands might get really angry if you go and vote for Harris, but remember you need to stand up for your you know, protecting your body and women's rights and your daughter's rights and all this different sort of crap. It's basically saying, there are a whole bunch of women who are so afraid of their husbands that they're claiming they'll vote for Trump, but in secret they're Harris voters. But I guess they feel like their husband's gonna beat them.
Speaker 4: Up or something.
Speaker 1: I don't even need to stand it.
Speaker 4: We need to get the Michelle Obama clip. But what she said was, your husband isn't going to be in the booths with you, right, boyfriend won't be in the booth with you. You can tell them you voted for Trump, but you should vote for Harris to protect yourself.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: She said this Friday night. And now I've seen a whole bunch of different Sarah Goods and Kamala herself and all kinds of pundits saying Yeah, there are a bunch of women out there who, you know, if they were allowed to, they would have vote for Harris, but they're not allowed to in their household. What are you trying to say that there are thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, of millions of Harris voters who live in households that are so oppressive. I mean, I have never had a relationship like that. I don't know if you have, where you would be scared to say your opinion out loud or how your vote. I don't even get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a specific poke at the Trump voter, not just their their relationships, but that you know, these women are married to these Trumpers, and you know, I don't know, they've been trying to paint men that are for Trump like monsters this whole time.
Speaker 1: True, That's very, very true. It might be a they might actually have this view because they have such a distorted, hateful view of anybody who would vote for Donald Trump, which has more to do with inflation and the variety of other immigration than it does any of the stuff you think racism and misogyny. But so their evil view of Trump voters as yeah, women just go along with it because they they live in a Trump household, where you have to do with the been once. Have you ever know anybody within one hundred miles of that portrayal?
Speaker 2: Have you guys seen one of these ads that they're talking about.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: As Yeah, I just I just saw one on YouTube a second ago, actually before you guys started talking about it.
Speaker 1: We'll play it at this hour. It's it's really visual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll get the last clip, but it's it's it's definitely showing like the woman would be in some deep s if she didn't vote for Trump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you that it's a fairly repugnant idea, but I don't I'm not sure I can go as far as you and saying there's nothing there. I think, given the closeness of the Swing States, if you could reach a few suburban women and convince them, hey, say you voted for Trump, just vote for hers. It's it's it's perverse and sick, but I don't think it's totally crazy.
Speaker 1: But out of fear, like they're physically afraid of their husbands, or they.
Speaker 4: Just don't want to get to hear the guff they don't want to hear it. Strategically speaking, it's not insane.
Speaker 1: I think they believe it. I think they think that Trump households are like that Handsmaid's tailed, all that crap that they've been talking about for a decade now.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, craziness. You're just looking for a dozen votes wherever you can get them. At this point, it's scaring people into voting, and you know, well, I think powering them to defy their oppressive husbands.
Speaker 1: I guess I would say. I think it's another example of you're doing more harm than good. You're making me think and a lot of people who could I would never vote for Kamala Harris, but people that can't quite handle Trump, who would think? A few people and know that's what I'm like as a Trump voter. My wife doesn't have the right juice what she wants to screw you? Yes, a pattern of never ending condescension, Yes, never ending condescension. The Armstrong and Getty show. It used to be one of our liners. No, never worked for us. No, people didn't like it.
Speaker 4: Eh.
Speaker 1: So ah, what a heck of a croosing argument. You women who are so scared of your husband's vote. This way.
Speaker 4: The drumbeat of that idiot comedian's idiot joke is the most important issue in America.
Speaker 1: Continues five five stories in The New York Times Today about it. Five that seems like plenty Byron york Is taking a look at Playbook DC from Politico, which is kind of their inside the belt Way every morning. You got to check it if you're a Politico thing, And virtually the entire thing is about that stupid joke or too by that ill advised comedian who took the stage an hour and a quarter before Trump. That's that's crazy ore exit polls. Do people believe in exit polls? I don't remember eh much lately.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I would love to know if it goes Trump way, either direction it goes, I would like to know what actually what stuff actually mattered and what didn't. I find it very hard to believe that this comedian from Sunday Night is going to be a deciding factor for anyone. Yeah, I got this.
Speaker 4: Note from Bob that I thought was pretty good. You act as though the comment about Puerto Rico was the catalyst of something in an outrage that wouldn't have happened if they weren't set his point is the left was going to be outraged about something and this is just what they chose. But it's unquestionable, Bob, that we're just reporting on what the lefties are trying to get going. But he does point out that, you know, if you combine the two worst jokes three, there's maybe forty seconds of a six and a half hour event.
Speaker 1: It was long before Trump took the stage. It was six and a half hours long. Were you expected to be there the whole time? I don't know. Wow.
Speaker 4: Uh, the media is all in for Harris. They'll spend things no matter what media creation. The worst part is that the people from Puerto Rico agree they have a massive garbage problem, as I was describing the other day.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I guess Trump was asked about the rally during his press conference today. If he said anything interesting, we will we'll pass that along to you. So Joe Rogan apparently on his podcast today talked about why Kamala Harris, why that interview fell apart. He was going to interview both candidates. Remember there was like a week there where the talk was she was going to do Joe Rogan. Trump ended up doing Joe Rogan for two hours. The only headline I've seen out of this is he said she wanted to limit to an hour, and he said.
Speaker 4: No, and that he had to come to her well, and she would laime an hour, but then she'd show up twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Late, right like she did with Barbara. Ask Brett Berringer, she wouldn't travel to Austin to be on the show. Nope, what is that?
Speaker 4: Well, then she wanted it to not happen, and right, that's what. Get an hour and you got to bring your crew with you? Yeah, no's that's a poison pill. I think that the hour thing, I think could have just been a we can't have her out there for more. For that long, we're doomed, but you have to come to us. Sounds like a poison pill, Like he won't agree to that, so then we won't have to do it.
Speaker 1: I would agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to do Rogan as Rogan does all his guests would have been a disastrous idea. They were smart to find an excuse not to do it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that would have been a terrible idea with a with a ten days left at the time, No, that would have been yeah, and they didn't let her. Smart strategy by David Bloof or whoever pulls the strings.
Speaker 4: And as Trump is doing an hour and a half press conference in front of the hostile media as we speak, there will be no backlash to her chickening out on Joe Rogan, not a bit.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not so. Jeff Bezos, second richest man in the world, owns the Washington Post. Kids, Jeff, that's the fellow was born in nineteen sixty four. He gives me hope, gives me hope that we might get some dominant, dominant media that tries to restore our faith in journalism. And a piece he wrote in his own paper today, we'll share that with you this hour.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: One of the few advantages of age is a little bit of wisdom, you'd like to think, including recognizing, Hey, I'm an outlier on this.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can live with that.
Speaker 4: But that's why, you know, the world doesn't go quite the way I think it should. For instance, the Wall Street Journal with a very good piece about where all the places where childcare is on the ballot in America, subsidies for childcare, taxpayer funded childcare, that sort of thing. And it's just interesting because it is, as usual with the journal, very well written and researched in a bunch of quotes from a bunch of different people, but they never ever mention that. I think every single woman who is quoted in this piece as unable to afford daycare for their children is a single mom. Is raising their kid without a partner, without a man, or a one or I don't know, a talking dog or whatever. It doesn't matter. And the fundamental question which is unspoken, And this is not a value judgment on my part, This is me looking at it almost from a political scientists point of view, and this is one of the failings of democracy. You can't hurt people's feelings and like give them the facts. But we've gone from a society that was vastly, vastly two parents raising a child with all the benefits thereof, to a society that sends the message quite consistently. It's perfectly fine if you, as a single mom or single dad, want to have a child, and I'm not talking about a situation of divorce or being widowed. You never intended to have a partner that puts you in the situation where you cannot afford care for your child and work in many cases because you don't make enough money. Therefore tax payers should pay for that child's care. It's an interesting way to describe how society should work. Maybe it's a good idea, maybe it's not a good idea. The interesting part to me is that the questions never asked. We pretend that that's not the question that we're trying to answer.
Speaker 1: Well, how many of the journalists who would ever write a story are in the camp of not having two partners raising a kid? A lot right, right?
Speaker 4: And it reminds me of that big study that was done to ascertain whether the hormone blockers and puberty blockers helped kids, and the answer was a resounding no. So they didn't publish the study because they didn't want their enemies to quote unquote weaponize it. And I think the journalists would say, well, I don't want to see you weaponize that against single parents. I'm not weaponizing anything. I just think when a democracy isn't even asking the questions, that the policy is addressed much less answering. Though, Well, all right, you're gonna get bad policy anyway. Moving along unless you have more on that topic. Hunger crisis, food banks and key swing states reporting increase in demand all over the country. They're featuring swing states in particular Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin reporting an increase in demand from people waiting in lines for food and also being forced out of their homes because they can't afford them anymore. It's all inflation related.
Speaker 1: Because I got anything to do with the credit card limit thingy. People have maxed out their credit cards because those numbers are astounding. There's got to be some birds that come home to roost on that one. I would think, sure, yeah, it doesn't mention that, but that makes sense. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, and then just a semi related topic to that, I was reading and I couldn't find it for some reason, it escaped me. In the Reno area, where the Armstrong e Getty Show has enjoyed a great deal of support for years and years, and we're more and pleased to be on Reno sparks, they mentioned that it's now very purple. It's a fifty to fifty metro area politically speaking, and the primary reason for that, which amuses the hell out of me, is that so many Californians have moved to Reno. Wow, now let's go through this. You left California for a reason right. It was part of it affordability. Now you're in Reno, prices are skyrocketing there, but you're voting for the same people you did in California, which you left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't get it. Happens over and over and over again. Speaking of things, you just have to accept. People don't understand that elections bring policies, and policies bring results. Is mainstream media about to make a comeback, possibly.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: So the Nazi rally the other night Madison Square Garden, two thirds of Israelis in the latest poll are in favor of Trump winning. It's not a very good Nazi rally if two thirds of Israelis are for Trump over.
Speaker 4: Hairis in which side has been rife with anti semitism line Okay.
Speaker 1: Also speaking of the Nazi rally, I was in the arena in Milwaukee when Hulk Hogan gave his speech and ripped his shirt off to show his Trump T shirt tanked up and the crowd went wild. It was a funny moment to be you know. Therefore, But anyway, he struggled somewhat that day. Well, I didn't see him Friday night at Madison Square Garden. But he did the same thing. When he went to rip off his shirt, he like, couldn't rip it. Dude, you're seventy one. I think you got to give up the whole ripping the shirt apart thing, unless they're gonna make it a crepe paper or something. Because he can't stand up. There's an old man trying to tear apart your little shirt. Look, you got to get a new tear away t shirt company. Yeah, that's not a good look. It's just too long to struggle to rip your shirt open. Uh. You probably know if you're into talk radio and all that sort of stuff. That the La Times decided not to endorse Kamala Harris. They didn't endorse Trump, they just failed to endorse anyone. The daughter of the owner says it's because of Harris's stance on Israel. Maybe that's true, maybe it's not. I don't know now. Then later that day, the Washington Post announced that they were not going to endorse Kamala Harris or anyone, and that caused a huge backlash among readers and people that work for the Washington Post. A bunch of people in like the uh in the editorial room quit and according to NPR today, two hundred thousand people have canceled their subscriptions of the Washington Post. That's eight percent of their subscribers have canceled over.
Speaker 4: That for just saying we don't endorse candidates anymore. We didn't used to. We did for a while, We're not going to anymore. So that's one of the reasons that there's an op ed in his own newspaper today from the owner Jeff Bezos, the world's second richest man. It says the hard truth, Americans don't trust the news media. A note from our owner, and it says underneath Jeff Bezos is the owner of the Washington Post.
Speaker 1: So this comes out on the heels of the Kerfluffel on Friday, but it sure sounds like he's been thinking about this for a while. Jeff Bezos writes in the annual public surveys about trust and reputation, journalists in the media have regularly fallen near the bottom, often just above Congress. But in this year's Gallup poll, we have managed to fall below Congress. Our profession is now the least trusted of all. Something we are doing is clearly not working. Man. When you're below Congress in terms of trust, you are at the bottom. Let me give under how I wonder.
Speaker 4: How the newsroom would react to that simple assertion, that simple indisputable assertion. Well, that's because Americans are stupid and they're Nazis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to we need to be leaders. Maybe we're not on popped, maybe we're not popular now, but we'll be leaders and convince people or something. That's a principled stand. Anyway, back to Jeff Bezos, he right impressed. Let me give an analogy. Voting machines must meet two requirements. They must count the vote accurately, and people must believe they count the vote accurately. The second requirement is distinct from and just as important as the first. Likewise, with newspapers, we must be accurate and we must be believed to be accurate. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but we are failing on the second requirement. Most people believe the media is biased. Anyone who doesn't see this as paying scant attention to reality and those who fight reality lose reality, is an undefeated champion. Love that line. It would be easy to blame others for our long and continued fall and credibility and therefore decline and impact. But a victim mentality will not help. Complaining is not a strategy. We must work harder to control what we can control to increase our credibility. By the way, he doesn't mention it in this piece, but The New York Times reports that Bezos is saying they're going to hire more Republican conservative reporters and opinion writers, which obviously has to happen.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm interested in becoming a Wall Post subscriber already am for professional reasons, but that sounds great.
Speaker 1: To the specific about the non endorsement, here, writes, presidential endorsements do nothing to tip the scales of an election. No undecided voters in Pennsylvania are going to say, I'm going with newspaper a's endorsement. None. What presidential endorsements actually do is create a perception of bias, a perception of non independents. Ending them is a principal decision, and it's the right one. Eugene Meyer, publisher of The Wappo from thirty three to forty six, the same, and he was right by itself. Declining to endorse presidential candidates is not enough to move us very far up the trust scale, but it's a meaningful step in the right direction. I wish we had made the change earlier than we did, in a moment of further and and in a moment further from the election and the emotions around it. That was inadequate planning and not some intentional strategy. So him saying this is our new philosophy, I wish we had done it earlier is important, gets into a kerf fluffle. I didn't even know happened. Must have been an internal thing. And then I'll get to this. While I do not and will not push my personal interests, I will also not allow this paper to stay on autopilot and fade into irrelevance, overtaken by unresearched podcasts and social media barbs. Not without a fight. It's too important. The stakes are too high now more than ever. The world needs a credible, trusted, independent voice. And where better for the voice to originate than the capital city the most important country in the world. Oh, and I like this part. To win this fight, we'll have to exercise new muscles. Some changes will be a return to the past, and some will be new inventions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'm looking at the long list of wahpoh scribblers and editors who are screeching in indignation and have resigned or whatever. And it's just it's, you know, the bubbled left media elite utterly convinced that, well, there are folks who actually use the term my truth with a straight face because they have attempted, to, at least in their own minds, erase the line between opinion and truth, and so if it's their strong opinion, that's the truth to them. And they are saying they're deeply disappointed. What steems me is oh there it is, will not be making any endorsement. Dot dot dot were furious. I mean, if you don't have the ballstone a newspaper, don't, one Post Opinion employee told this writer. Another said an endorsement. The non endorsement was an outrageous abdication of responsibility and a form of craset consent to a fascist whims that's so crazy, I'm sure, well right, yeah, I'm sure Jeff Bezos would say, y'all and that Opinion have been in charge. You lost seventy seven million dollars last year, seventy seven million dollars. So tell me again why I ought to defer to your opinions.
Speaker 1: Why well right, and his thing about I don't want to be you know, overtaken and become irrelevant to podcasts and other social media barbs. Yeah, that's exactly the case. If nobody cares what your paper thinks, you're not actu doing anything, you weird woke reporters. So what you What apparently they'd be happy with is having a very small number of people who agree with everything they say, and then they go to cocktail parties and out to eat and congratulate themselves. They'd be perfectly happy with that. Yeah, absolutely true. Let's see, I gotta scroll down. Who's this darcy person.
Speaker 4: There's a bunch of you know, media insider heavyweight to do his name. I don't know, but I love this. This is the defense, and the prosecution will rest after the defense, which is doing a better job than I could, she said. On one side is an Adolph Hitler praising autocratic wannabee who is vowed to seek retribution against his perceived enemies should he find himself in the back in the oval office. On the other side is a relatively run of the mill democratic politician who respects the rule of law in American Democratic order, right, that is their neutraless of the race.
Speaker 1: I reach my case, your nuts if you actually believe that. Yeah, well, it's it's a problem the first year you don't endorse, because it's pretty easy. I don't. I don't think this is what he's doing at all. But it's pretty easy to the first year the newspapers don't endorse, to think, Okay, you're for the other side. You just don't want to say it out loud. But after a couple of years it'll become more clear. No, our policy is just we don't endorse, because that would be dumb. Our job is to report the news. If we endorse, by definition, we are more interested in one side the other than the other. How obvious is that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bezos himself for expressed regret that they didn't do it sooner, not only because it's a good idea, but this close to the election it feels different.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, when I when I heard the La Times didn't endorse Harris, my first thought was, Wow, they actually prefer Trump, fairly or unfairly. I think it's important that the two richest people in the world. More importantly, they're both Americans. The two richest people in the United States, Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos seem to be hell bent on more free speech and trying to play it down the middle. And the people on the left think Elon's full of crap, and the people on the right are going to think Bezos is full of crap. But I think they're both closer to that than not of what they want to accomplish.
Speaker 4: People were putting out that both were men of the center left, only you know, two years ago.
Speaker 1: Right, they both recognize that the country's doomed. If we don't have some shared news sources, if we all just go to our own podcasts, radio shows, you know, social media followings and stuff like that, we're doomed. I run into people every single day left or right, who say, hey, did you hear about the whatever? And I haven't because they're following some crazy website reporting something that's not true that I haven't even heard of in the many hours of media that I take in every day.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, back at the wah Poe, let us know that democracy dies in darkness. Karen Attiya, who's a Post columnist, said, quote, keeping in mind that the WAPO endorsed the Democrat every single time. Of course, it is since they started endorsing presidential candidates in nineteen seventy six, every single damn time. As Bezos pointed out, nobody cares anyway. She said, today has been an absolute stab in the back. What an insult to those of us who have literally put our careers and lives on the line to call out threats to human rights and democracy.
Speaker 1: You put your life on the line by writing what everybody in your newsroom and everybody who reads your paper agrees with. Yes, I'm you're.
Speaker 4: Taking the courageous stand of agreeing with everybody around you.
Speaker 1: Yes. Wow. And then you go places I'm sure where everybody pat you on the back and agrees with you. Also, how brave of you?
Speaker 4: And if you don't have the ballstone and newspaper, or don't Apparently having the balls to own a newspaper includes putting up with the suicidal policies of your employees to the tune of nearly eighty million dollars in red ink per year. I don't quite see your point, you whining communists.
Speaker 1: So what is the story? So Bezos owns the paper? So who are the guys he hired from Britain that came in. They're the Rubbisher, the publisher. Anyway, it's a ceo anyway. I remember when the CEOs came in and said that. In the newsroom was complaining and they said, look, nobody's reading your stuff. To me. That was the boo yah kill shot boom goes to dynamite. I mean, there's nothing to say beyond that. If you keep going the direction you're going, you're completely irrelevant. What's the point.
Speaker 4: And that's what's so interesting about the newspaper business. If this was a record company, there's no way that the owner would allow the producers or whatever to continue putting out records nobody wants to listen to.
Speaker 1: Or we think polka rap is the most important music. Nobody's buying it, nobody's listening to it.
Speaker 4: If it John Deere, all the shop foremen were insisting on building like bicycle tractors that you have to pedal, and the firm that keeps falling off of them, and nobody freaking wants them, and huge majorities of Americans say that's crap, that's worse than Congress.
Speaker 1: But John Deere's owners would say, well, what can we do?
Speaker 4: Our shop foremen will want to build the bicycle tractors.
Speaker 1: That one example where this could possibly exist because the employees are saying, you don't have the balls to run a tractor company. You shouldn't be doing it. Dude. You didn't get people something they don't want.
Speaker 4: This is my truth here at ja Lied. We believe in making razors that don't cut whiskers. All of us on the shop floor agree, and the owners have to say, well, okay, I guess we'll.
Speaker 1: Keep bleeding money.
Speaker 4: Seriously, sometimes I slapped my forehead. I think what colors does this kai in your world? What does reality look like in your world? So it could end up being a big deal in a turning point. I hope it is that in a matter of what two years, Elon bought Twitter and Bezos decided that at the Wappo they need to fix everything.
Speaker 1: I hope. I hope it matters. We will finish strong next. So I made steak and corn last night for me and Henry, kind of a you know, go to sad single dad sort of meal. Steaks on the grill, corn on the cob on the grill, and some bread. That's so fantastic. Yeah, it is fantastic, except if you can only make three things. It gets a little repetitious. But so we bought. We didn't have the corn holders, so we bought the cow. That's right, it's cone. We bought the corn holders. You know, the little things that are shaped like a corn. Huh, how clever is that? And they have the little metal poky things in there and you jam them in the edge of the corn.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I was having trouble getting it in the narrow end of the corn, and I was pushed on it and it slipped and I jabbed it into my other hand, into my finger, deep into my finger. I still have the wood. I have blood squirting out of the two holes, and it's swollen up. Today. I got some sort of corn tetanus going on. I think corn juice tetanus. I don't know if that's a thing. Oh, it can't be good for you. It hurt shockingly much. And as Henry pointed out, you have salt in your wound. I did. I'd salted the corn already, and so I got salted there good. It was just uite, the quite the off putting thing to have happened right at the dinner table. Are you up to date on your Titanus shots. I was wondering about that. How long do they last? Oh, it's been, like I know at least how long it's been because the last time I got a tetanus shot, I was drunk and tripped climbing over a rusty barbed wire fence, so I had to go get my tennis shot. But I haven't had a drink in eighteen years, so it's been at least eighty. Yeah, keep an eye on that. If my Josh Arsenal lock up and I talk like this, let me know. I don't think there's any curing you. At that point, you'll be dead. Look for the barcessities, the simple fair necessities, like final thoughts to end in the other show in the Mancessity Mother Nature's recipes, like final thoughts from our host Jack and Joe.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's a ukulele. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 4: Let's get a final thought from everybody and the crew to wrap up the show. There is our technical director, Michael lead us Off. Jack.
Speaker 1: Is it true I saw a tweet that you ate a tower of donuts? Yeah, we got the donut tower at Red Robin the other day. That thing was freaking good. We were all shocked at how those donuts where they're hot and fresh right off the griddle.
Speaker 4: The donut tower and architectural marvel Katie Green are esteemed newswoman is final thought, Katie All.
Speaker 2: I responded to that tweet and I said, dot dot dot, but a bag of chips is a step too far.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, speaking of the donut tower at Red Robin, usually we get the ort, the onion ring tower, which we call the ORT, and it is caught on at the restaurant. Now the other waitresses called the ort. But the donut tower comes with hot caramel to dip it in or hot chocolate to dip it in. Fudge. Oh man, that's some good eating.
Speaker 4: Later today, I'm looking forward to eating a cake condominium.
Speaker 1: Wait, no, I'm not.
Speaker 4: My final thought is reading the comments on that Jeff Bezos opinion piece is so revealing. Every single one and I'm like, fifteen comments in every single one is an ad hominem attack, an attack on Bezos is a bad person or a billionaire.
Speaker 1: Not a single damn one addresses his arguments. What would that's revealing? What would your argument be? Armstrong person? Armstrong in getty rabbing him another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 4: So many people who think so little time go to armstrong e giddy dot com.
Speaker 1: What a great hot lengths for you?
Speaker 4: Pick up a hot Dogs Are Dogs t shirt and wear it to the Zan Jose State Women's volleyball games where they have a dude playing.
Speaker 1: I can't keep my weight down. Must be my metabolism or something we'll see tomorrow. God bless America. I'm man enough to enjoy it. I'm strong and getty.
Speaker 3: I've been thinking that we really all need a trim and hug.
Speaker 1: About I'm gonna stop you, so let's go with a buy it. It's like a did he freak off. It's they're all.
Speaker 4: Oiled up in their own unctious lesty morality slash ideology, and they're all having like intellectual orgy sex with each.
Speaker 1: Other that I know. Thanks you all very much, Armstrong and Yetti