Speaker 1: So the election conversation continues. Celebrities are dead silent. I don't know why people go out on a limit make these grandiose statements about moving fleeing the country. And it occurred to me yesterday, I thought the combined social media followers of the people that supported Kamala is two billion plus. Now that is global, and there is some overlap. So let's cut it in half. Let's call it a billion plus. And you could say that half of the country votes one hundred and fifty million people, but really five hundred thousand votes decide the election. So now you're talking about over a billion and pressions not to mention media impressions not to mention the entire cast of the view CNN. And yes, I know there is media on the other side, but most of the entertainment vehicles are pro Democrat, pro Kamala. If you've ever been in the entertainment industry or any sort of media coming out of LA, it's all pro Democrat. So what we learned, undeniably is that it's a flex it's spinning wheels, it's useless, and it's a poor use of advertising dollars to use celebrities, and it seems disingenuous. So Cardi b you could see it's getting to her. Jennifer Lopez is notably silent. And I have nothing against these people. I'm not really talking about them. I'm talking about the effort. And it seems and I know she pulled it together in a couple of months, so you got to.
Speaker 2: Give her the credit for that. The view did give her the credit for that.
Speaker 1: It's just that it's not not only that it may not work, it's that it may deter So it's like using an advertising or marketing tactic strategy that doesn't work, and it feels like a course correction and a reset. And someone would say, well, if Trump could get all the celebrities, he would have done it too, and that's correct, and that it wouldn't have worked for him either. I mean, if it's some celebrity like Scott Bao that's been aligned with him for years or Kid Rock, I guess it seems authentic because they have been pro Trump for years. Joe Rogan seems pro Trump, Tim Dillon, you know, but when you're talking about someone that the day before the election, Jennifer Lopez comes out crying for Kamala when We've never heard her talk about Kamala. It doesn't land and think about the power that Taylor Swift has, like her endorsing Kamala was such a big disruptive moment. George Clooney being a big Democrat is such a big impactful moment, so everyone thinks. But it's the self importance, the sanctimoniousness, and the out of touches of Hollywood and industry that really believes its own bullshit. It really does. And I know this because I've seen in relief work the celebrities that talk the loudest and complain the most and get on social media and talk about a disaster, they donate the least. It's very There are very few celebrities that put their money where their mouth is. Billy Joel would be one of them that would be one of the only ones that donates in a significant way. I can think of a celebrity that actually is on the Kamala supporting list that asked me to do things and send ppe to people and called me for a million things, and this person donated fifty thousand. I think of another person that got involved, big name a list person and just asking and pulling focus and wanting special attention and wanting, you know, to get a lot of attention for the work that they were doing. And they donated I think it was eighteen thousand dollars like the like I said, Billy Joel and Matthew McConaughey and his wife, they've gotten very involved. They put their money where their mouth is. So and also, for whatever reason, when you go on Fox News, money flies in. You go on it's CNN.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. I don't know what that means. It doesn't. I'm just telling you that I know the numbers.
Speaker 1: So when there have been times when I've said to my partner, oh God, if I go on Fox News, they're gonna kill me, right, He's like, Bethany, that's where the money really comes in, because he's looking at the sheet and I'm like, fuck it.
Speaker 2: You know, you know.
Speaker 1: And And the thing is, I've said that it was like hard to tell an opinion. I said, I'm gonna take credit for being the first one to bring up the celebrity thing. Not now, but when Hillary Clinton took a picture with Chris Jenner the day before the election. I've talked about that during the past year. Think about me and my position and how difficult it is to open my fucking mouth because you get killed. So I posted a picture of myself with Hillary Clinton when I had her on my podcast Lose Time, one thousand followers. I talked about Trump conceding the election, lose ten thousand followers, to talk about Israel, lose ten thousand followers.
Speaker 2: Gaza, you're helping both.
Speaker 1: You lose ten thousand followers, Like, it's not easy to open your mouth, and yet what am I going to be a bubblegum swilling person who never has an opinion? But then why would I be put in this position? You know, And it's not that easy to vocalize your opinion because you get killed. But you got to figure out a way to do it. And I went and I was on Alex Cooper call her Daddy. I think she's great. I think she's smart. I think she's on the pulse. I think she has an impact. I think it's great. So I was there and I met her husband. Great team. I think his name is Matt. They're a great team. You can tell that, like he's the man behind the woman. They're a great partnership. And he said, you know, we got called we said we'd interview both what we got called and we're going to interview the vice president or we just did, or we're going to And I thought, that's great. Of course, that's amazing. Good for you, like to talk to either of them is amazing. Tim Dillon, a friend of mine, talked to Vance, all of it's great, that's a gain. You'll have a relationship with this person. It's just a great conversation. Like, and everyone's having different conversations. I said, And this doesn't mean I'm sure. I mean, Kama is an impressive woman, she said, an impressive career, and it was not easy to pull this thing together in a short period of time. And you don't have to, like, it doesn't have to be a zero sum game. You don't have to like bully somebody because they lost or because you voted for them, you didn't vote for them, Like you're not gonna not be impressed by a woman who got themselves to the position where they're running for president of the United States, no matter what it is.
Speaker 2: And it's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: It's NonStop, it's not sleep like, let's not act like everybody could do it. And Trump makes a lot of stupid mistakes too, and he you know, he didn't make a comment about that Puerto Rico comment. And I think Megan Kelly was right in saying that it was a bro fest at his rally. Both things can be true. You can have an opinion like don't you have two friends that you like and you can say something positive and negative.
Speaker 2: About both of them. So I said.
Speaker 1: Publicly, I did not think Kamala stuck the landing on call her Daddy and in doing it, and timing is everything. Her first big public interview was call her Daddy.
Speaker 2: I love Alex. I think it's great that she did it.
Speaker 1: She's a gangster, I thought it said, Hi, I want to be cool, I want attention. I want to get this vote. But people now are so they're so in tune to nuance. It's why Blake Lively was getting canceled for going on a red carpet talking about florals and selling hair care and alcohol in a domestic violence event that might have worked before. People just take celebrities and their handlers and what they push forward as at face value. Social media and authenticity has changed this. Sorry, you're welcome. You can't just go as Kamala Harris sit down and call her daddy and have everybody think that that's like natural or that like that's going to do it. It's just people wanted to hear something different. And it doesn't mean that if she said something different it would have worked. You know, there could be a million reasons. Trump is more disruptive to begin with, and he's more intelligenic. Like him, hate him. It's not that she's not a press savvy. It's just we're in a world where disruption and polarization happens to sell in cases. I can't explain it, but it's a fact. Years ago, when Hillary was running against Trump, I was on a New York Times panel and I was sitting with Dennis, my ex, at a restaurant, and I said, I thought he was gonna win because he's disruptive, and he's running a reality show that the mainstream media can't look away from. They can't take their eyes off the train wreck. And he's getting more impressions. Therefore he's more famous. Therefore someone's going into a booth. They're going to vote for him. They've heard of him, they've heard of his buildings, they've you know, not the people hadn't heard of Hillary, but he was like a celebrity. He was on the Apprentice, he had like an audience. There are a million reasons why things work. And Kamala though, coming in with like a last ditch effort, and she had everything going against her too, because she did have to cram for the exam, so all of a sudden, the first seat she sits in is Alex Cooper, call her daddy, and you're like, okay, but it just feels like, let's get on meet the press, Let's get on something legit, you know, let's not just try to get the cool vote. And it did seem like a lot like the Kamala Mamala on SNL. And yes, Trump was doing it too, Yes he was doing it too with Joe Rogan and with Theo Vaughn And I know, I'm it just wasn't he seems more like a.
Speaker 2: You know, like a mainstream entertainment that's just more him.
Speaker 1: It just it just I don't know why it didn't land. It just didn't land to me. And also it read wanting to align with celebrities. And the question isn't whether or not it helped. The question is whether it hurt, Like I was shocked to see cannas Owen's chiming into my post saying that she believes that it deters. Now you're gonna say, you don't like Candace Owens, so you like Megan Kelly, you don't like or you know, Anderson Cooper, Andy Cohen.
Speaker 2: This is not a party thing.
Speaker 1: This is just the discussion on marketing, business, human behavior and being allowed to have an opinion. And now everybody's super quiet on the Democratic side because they're you know, it's not a great week, and celebrities aren't speaking out, and it's just so extreme. And you know, I also said I didn't like the menu.
Speaker 2: With the election. I got in trouble for that too. Well, tough shit. You have to pick.
Speaker 1: I know you have to pick. I know you have to vote, and you have to pick. You're allowed to have not liked the lobster or the stake on this menu. You may not have liked this election. You may not have liked the choices. You may be very pro Kamala you because you know, you may be very pro Trump.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It matters what works, what doesn't, and what's going on in society now, and certainly celebrity and the mainstream liberal media does not possess the power that it believes that it did, and they were showing the data of this election is fascinating watching people in small rural counties that had not voted since the eighteen hundreds coming out to vote for Trump. Why, Like what is the reason? That's what a big company would do if they were analyzing sales. So there's a lot of you know, you can't just water board, and you never can do a fight with someone, and like they just want to keep shoveling their opinion down your throat. That's what many people have been doing during this election, shoveling your opinion. Won't listen, won't have a conversation, and it's like they have they think like if they close their eyes, that they're closing their eyes and you can't see them, you know, And it's just like what, be open minded, be open eyed, figure out what has been going on. People have been so nasty. I lost so many followers just from having an opinion, just from saying like this is what I think, Like this is what I observe.
Speaker 2: What the hell do I know? It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I'm allowed to have an opinion. So everybody's been now praising me millions of views. Thank you for saying what you said. I didn't say much. I just said celebrities don't have the power. Also, sorry if it's unpopular, But from every person who has over one hundred million followers, they're mostly bought and bots. These aren't real engaged followers. So we're looking at data and making people more famous than they actually are. How engaged are the followers? Like, what's really going on? The whole thing is about connectivity. How are you connecting with your audience? Do you know your audience? You having a real conversation or you're just pushing what.
Speaker 2: You want on them?
Speaker 1: And again, it's the age of authenticity, it's the age of citizens journalism. It's the age of listening to what people want. And it's not easy to have an opinion. It's impossible. You get completely destroyed and it's very scary. And believe me, people around me have been like, shut up, don't say anything.
Speaker 2: You don't need to talk about the election. The day after, like what am I gonna do? Who am I?
Speaker 1: Why do I have a daughter? Why was I born? Why was I successful? I can only talk about and I watch all these Fredi cats. They'll only talk about Miss Scaa or like you know, they're just terrified. I get why they're afraid. I refuse to be afraid. I would when I started doing this podcast. I remember I said, I checked my balance.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Here's the other thing. Everybody I know is so afraid of celebrities. Why they're not doing it. No celebrities doing anything for me. No celebrities paying my bills, no celebrities donating to my charity, No celebrities gives a shit about me.
Speaker 2: No celebrities coming on here.
Speaker 1: You guys, more people listen when we have just like me talking about fucking tuna fish than having someone famous. You guys don't care, which says a lot too. I've had really famous to be people on here. Me talking about the election does better than me having Matthew McConaughey or Hillary Clinton on here. Think about it that you just don't care and you reflect a real audience. So, like I said, I check my balance, I'm good. It's the same thing with Chanel. People went crazy and the biggest views millions, no how many hundreds of millions of views on my Chanelle content. Why because Chanel is like a celebrity, Who's ass? All these celebrities do kiss tagging Chanelle, ho pick me let Chanelle, see me. Channel doesn't give a fuck about any of us. Chanell did let me in. Chanell doesn't care if I tag them. They're not sending me a free dress or free clothes. They don't want me. They want to call Kidnean wearing Chanel. They don't want Bethany Frankel wearing Chanelle. So who Why the fuck am I protecting Chanell? Why am I protecting celebrities? Why am I kissing the ass of anybody? You're not paying my rent? It's free game. So this election showed everyone that they're in the upside down and it really stifled a lot of people. And if you ever watched the Housewives episode on the election, there was a woman on my show and she was acting like a only happening to her the stress. She was too stressed, she has to stay home. Like it was like you know when you talk to someone they asked like they're more tired than anyone else another mom, Like they're just more tired. They're going through a different experience, like this is a different election.
Speaker 2: They get two.
Speaker 1: Votes, I only get a half a vote. It's an elitism. It's a I'm smarter, I had a better job, I'm richer, I have better teeth, I have a better house. It's the belittling of middle America and the low income class. And Trump is a rich, possibly billionaire with goldlyf faucets and for whatever reason, and he's not a minority, he's not a woman, he's not black. For whatever reason, he spoke to the person who lives in a trailer in a rural community, for whatever reason. You got to think about what the reason is he spoke to him. Obama went out and spoke to black men, and they didn't like the way he spoke to them, as if he was the authority of who they had to vote on. He came and he told them what to do, and they didn't like it. So not unlike a celebrity that didn't land either. This was the upside down. Obama is beloved in many ways, and certainly by black men and women, as is Michelle. I think if she had run, she probably would have won. But Obama is beloved by many. He came in, he's a black man. He spoke to black man. We need to get them voting, and they he repelled them, not unlike celebrities. I think George Clooney, all the celebrities and Obama did the campaign a disservice. I said what I said. I don't care if it's popular. Obama is not paying my rent either any more than Trump is so popular or unpopular. I no longer can care. That's why I was given this platform, and you would be surprised. And I voted differently each time. Okay, who I vote for is my business, and also you don't know who I voted for. You don't, and it's my business, not because yes, it provokes people and makes them fight in my comments, but because I vote. I've voted differently at different times based on what's going on, but also because it is my business and it's your business. And you've shown that it's not a safe space for someone to talk about who they vote.
Speaker 2: For either way.
Speaker 1: When I tell you, if I help Israel and Gaza both, if I send money to any person who's suffering, I lose ten thousand followers if I talk about Kamala and something she did negative, and if I lose ten thousand followers if I talk about Trump something he did that I think is negative. I lose ten thousand followers if I say I'm going on Fox, I lose ten thousand followers. If I say I'm going on CNN, it doesn't matter. And you'd say I'm getting them back.
Speaker 2: But it's both.
Speaker 1: It's polarizing, and you know what, until there's a safe space to speak, and habot sometimes you don't know until you're going in that window. And hab sometimes you change your mind one week to the next. And I were texting, I had things to say about what I thought about Kamala. He said he was advising her and he had a lot to say to me, and I had a lot to say to him too. I texted him yesterday to say sorry, I know you worked really hard. He hasn't responded. It's the first time he hasn't responded to me in years, So he might be upset with me because of some of the things I've said about celebrities. You know, but again, I love Mark Cuban and he's smart and we have a good relationship. But he's not paying my rent either.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I have to have my own grown ass opinion. I really do. And by the way, it's why some people are a little bit afraid of me sometimes, I've heard because their stay just don't know what I'm going to say.
Speaker 2: So anyway, that's what I think.
Speaker 1: I said, what I said, and godspeed bye.
Speaker 2: Got to do to take out the Tan