Speaker 1: What's that as.
Speaker 2: Spooky?
Speaker 3: Hey Jukie, I'm really sure, said he's coming this way way, said I loss mondayses, Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by ros Hernanzaz, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I am so excited to share this episode. It's Wendy McClendon Covey. You, of course know the wildly successful film Bridesmaids. She, of course the star of the TV show Goldbergs' Reno nine one, one one of my favorites of all time. Clementine Johnson Honey. Now she's got a new show called Saint Dennis Medical on NBC and she's the coolest person I know, like truly so cool, so nice and loves the paranormal. And this was recorded back in early December. I believe we say the date on the show, you know, as always with our episodes, we record them, you know, sometimes like a month in advance or so, so we talk about an event occurring at the time. Who knows, if you're listening to this in the future, did it happen, did it not? I don't know. She was on in twenty twenty. You can go back and listen. You'll hear some more of her stories. I should also know, like, so now we are entering the sixth year of the podcast, or seventh. I think it's the seventh year of this podcast. And I know a lot of times when people find this podcast, they go back to the very beginning, and I think that's great. I will say the show has changed a little bit over time. I have changed a lot. So every once in a while people will send me messages asking me questions about this thing and that thing from twenty nineteen, and I'm like, girl, I don't I don't know. I don't remember what was said. And some of those episodes don't even exist anymore for a variety of reasons. So keep that in mind if you do go back and listen, that they were a long time ago. Yeah, but there's a lot of these episodes. And as I always say, the stories, when people share their ghost stories, those they don't have an expiration date. A good story you can always go back and find. Speaking of good story, I got one sent to my email. This one's from Leonard. Okay, Leonard writes that they've got a story that's amusing. Here we go. The amusing story is about my first husband, whom I lost to cancer in twenty thirteen, and they write, that's not the amusing part. Okay. We had been together for twenty three years. He was a funny guy, life of the party and was also always joking around. About six months after he had passed, I hooked up for the first time. It had been a few years, and I had a itch I needed to scratch, if you know what I mean. So this guy comes over to my place and we decided to take a shower together. Leonard, Okay, good for you. Once things started getting heavy the shower, my smoke alarm starts to go off, but it was like someone was pressing the test button repeatedly. I got out of the shower and it stopped. I got back in the shower and it started again. It had never done that before. At this point I knew it was my deceased husband trolling me and just yelled, all right, knock it off, and it stopped. I knew it was him because for a while, every time I mentioned his name when friends were over, lights would flicker or turn on and off. After we were done scratching that itch, my gentleman. Caller asked who I yelled at, So I told him this guy couldn't leave fast enough. I laugh about it to this day. And then Leonard writes, oh, and I left this part out. When I saw a medium, she confirmed that it was my deceased husband trolling me. I told no one about that story. And at one point during the reading, she asked me, so he's showing me a shower and what I think is a smoke alarm and laughing. What's that about? Woo Leonard, Oh, Leo, I believe you go by Thank you, Leo for sending me that story. Actually, Wendy also has a story that involves a psychic and a deceased loved one, and we'll get into that here in a moment. I only have one show coming up right now that I know of, once again in San Francisco. Man, San Francisco, Honey, if it wasn't so expensive, I should just get a place to live up there. I'm constantly up there doing shows, but I am doing for sketch Fest, the Iconic Comedy Festival. I am going to be doing two shows on the seventeenth, that's January seventeenth. It's a split Bill, me and another comedian and we're both doing thirty minutes of stand up not about ghosts. So if you want to see me there, I got the link of my bio on instagramlinktree, dot com, slash ros Hernandez. Okay, so here's my conversation with Wendy McLendon Covey on with the show. Oh my god, I have the pleasure of once again being joined by one of my favorite actorresses in the entire world. Wendy McLendon Covey.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, my darling, and Matt say, you look absolutely gorgeous today.
Speaker 1: You are gorgeous, now, don't don't one of my favorite actresses. You were on the show. I don't know if you remember, but I gave you the jury summons to come on here. I think, Oh it was during the pandemic.
Speaker 2: I thought it was during the shutdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And we talked from home. Yeah, and we got to talk about because here's the thing about you. You've been on two of my favorite TV shows evert Rino nine one one and Celebrity Ghost Stories. And we talked about your episode of Celebrity Ghost Stories iconic. Have you had any ghost experiences since twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Since twenty twenty. Well, it might interest you to know we bought a condo in New Orleans in French border stop. That area is so filled with spirits you would not even leave it, like you just feel it. Yeah, Now, have I had any like concrete ghost encounters there? No. We went to this haunted museum, okay.
Speaker 1: In New Orleans.
Speaker 2: In New Orleans and had to sit through this nonsense about you know, oh, I have an app on my phone and they talk to me and blah blah blah, and there was this grizzly murder that occurred in here, and this woman is going on and on like she's talking to this ghost. And it's like, God, that's interesting because I feel absolutely nothing in here. You know, not that I'm an expert, but you know, you do feel when energy changes, and you do feel like when you're being taken for a ride and you're like, okay, well, I'm just going to enjoy this for what it is. I will use this at some point. But it was like, there is nothing haunted in here. I'm sorry to say.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like your sensitive to that kind of thing? Like I am, okay.
Speaker 2: I am sensitive to that kind of thing. And well I do have a weird little story to tell you about a pet that crossed the Rainbow Bridge a year ago.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I love a pet story. Yeah, let's hear it. Is it one of your cats.
Speaker 2: One of my babies, one of my kiddies. His name was Crash. And this was the first time I experienced claire audience.
Speaker 1: Look at you, you know the terms. Yeah, God, you're really a dream guest.
Speaker 2: This is my soul cat. His name was Crash. It's a ginger tabby, very sweet and always definitely took care of me like he loved my husband. But he was with me all the time, and we were moving houses and I was with him, not knowing anything was wrong. And I definitely heard the phrase I'm not going to be here much longer. But it was in my voice, which apparently is something that happens. You know, when you hear something like that, it usually is in your particular voice, which is why some people get freaked out about, well, what was that? Okay, you know a lot of times it is in your voice, especially if it's an animal or something like that that doesn't have a speaking voice. So I'm not going to be here much longer? Oh what a weird thing to pop into my head like that. Well, probably a year and a half later, it was time for him to go. It was time for him to cross over. It was very obvious, and we had someone come to the house and administer the medications right to put him to sleep, and we were despondent, like I feel sorry for the vet that came to do this, because we were complete messes. But I held him the whole time, and because I was not whenever one of our animals has to go, like I We're with them till the end. Okay, I will never just drop off an animal and say put him down, forget it. So all that happened, we did it outside under a wind chime and blahbady blah all the woo woo things, and then he was taken away and we were given his ashes back. Well, after a while I started seeing flashes of an orange tail stop in the house and I'm like, okay, well now I'm in psychosis. Now I'm in psychosis because I want him to be here, Therefore he is here. But it was like in my peripheral vision or sometimes I would just be walking and I'd see a tail that would just disappear into thin air, and I finally had to tell my husband. I said, Okay, I think I'm going crazy because I've seen Crash a whole bunch of times. He said, okay, I'm glad you said that because I've seen him too. And this is my husband who does not believe any of this crazy. So he's still here in the house, which makes me so happy.
Speaker 1: You know, when's the last time you saw him.
Speaker 2: I swear I saw him right before I left for New York a week ago, just you know, little flashes of tail or whatever. And in the middle of the night sometimes I feel like a whisker on my cheek or something. Now again, I've got a lot of cats. It could be any of those, but it isn't when you feel that and then you're like, oh, there's no one near me. Oh okay, oh my god, I gotta believe it's Crash.
Speaker 1: This is beautiful. I'm obsessed with pet ghost stories. Yeah, I've talked about this a few times on the show. But I had to do that horrible thing of holding the dog, my little dog when it was awful. But this bitch has not made a peep. He knows what I do for a living. He knows uh huh that I need the content. Yeah, nowhere to be found?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah, have you tried making a little altar to him in his favorite place?
Speaker 1: I do have an altar to him, but it's high up, Okay, So I don't know if maybe maybe that is what I need to do. Yeah. But then I started fostering this dog, and on day one he went into the room that was my old dog's room and Scooby Doo style ran in place to get out of there. So I'm like, maybe the dog is like, get out of my room. Oh, I don't know. I'm hoping that could be. Yeah, I forget that you're you have like crystals and stuff like right, you're I remember you telling me you didn't you have like an entity removed in Sedona or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, And you know, if we're going to believe that that's true. Sure, there were a lot of things in Sedona that made me think, Okay, you guys are just like pandering to, you know, people that want to have that full experience. I mean, I remember on that trip, I had booked myself some meaningful massage you know, that was supposed to really trip me out. And make me feel in touch with my whatevers. You knows, some white woman reading from a pamphlet shaking a turkey feather at me. It was very dumb.
Speaker 1: There's this episode of the brilliant TV show Hacks where they go to Sedona and there's a woman that does their taro and h takes an aura photo of them. I can't remember who the actresses, but I'm like, yes, that's so, that's so it when I go to Sedona, I've never done like the aura photo thing, right, but I want to at me one of those cameras and do like meet and greets with an aura photograph for people.
Speaker 2: That's a brilliant idea. I love that.
Speaker 1: Apparently they're really hard to get your hands on. I don't know, you know what I was thinking about with you. It was actually funny because it just came into my head as I was driving over here. We had the lovely one of our favorites on the show, Patton Oswalt, came on and he was talking about when you guys did read on nine one one, the QAnon one what was the title, Yes, hunt for QAnon, Hunt for c and on, which I'm obsessed with because oh, my god.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we filmed it on the Queen Mary.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, that's what I'm getting at. So he was telling me that when you guys were shooting on the Queen Mary, the iconic haunted boat the other Long Beach Queen, of course, Wendy being number one. He said that there was at least one moment that he recalls where they were like who's that person? Who were there? And there was nobody, like who's in the shot? That's nobody? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember that. I remember that, and believe me, ross between takes, like when I wasn't shooting or whatever, I would take my ass all over that ship. I'm like, come and get me. I'm open to seeing whatever. And yeah, there was a time when they were we were shooting against a staircase and there were two mirrors on either side of the staircase, and everybody was like, okay, everyone, back back up, you're in the shot. I see one person. You're in the shot. Come on, move, we're trying to film. They ran up there and the figure in the mirror was not visible when you turned around.
Speaker 1: They're like that nineteen twenties person, get out of the shot.
Speaker 2: Exactly you old timey sailor what are you doing? That happened? And then I went into there's like a stateroom that's like the most haunted place on the ship. Yes, of course I went in there and sat didn't feel a thing, but I was I was ready.
Speaker 1: I went in that one too, Yeah, and did not experience anything.
Speaker 2: But the only the place where I did feel like, oh I got to get out of here was the engine room.
Speaker 1: I haven't been there, but that is they say, a real creepy one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then we couldn't get into the pool area because I hear there's like a vortex in the ladies changing room or something there that a lot of you know, so many people have reported things in there. You can't ignore it. But I didn't get to go in there. It's a beautiful ship. It's just a gorgeous part of history, and they've really let it go to shit unfortunately. But yeah, there's there's a lot of paranormal activity there in that engine room. I felt like, literally like, oh, I got to get out of here.
Speaker 1: But you like this stuff, like you do want to experience a ghost?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am. I am interested in you know, like the thinning of the veil. I mean, this can't be all there is, you know, this.
Speaker 1: Plane, it better not be.
Speaker 2: It better not be. God, what a bore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need that veil to thin down. Get that veil on some of zempic and let's see the other side, honey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you go places like can you think of what's the last time you went to a place and you were like, someone's in this room, someone that I can't see is here.
Speaker 2: Let's think about that.
Speaker 1: Is this like a like a daily occurrent or like often you go places and you can just feel it.
Speaker 2: Not often, but sometimes you're like, Okay, I feel a certain way and that can't be nothing. There are places in New Orleans, of course where you feel things, but it's never on the tour they've taken you on. You know, It's just it's going to be in a random place exactly.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of fake lore that goes along with that city.
Speaker 1: I want you to do a show where a travel show where you go to these places and you have a woman throwing a turkey feather in your direction and you have a New Orleans ghost tour like this is I'm obsessed with you telling these stories.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what. Okay, So last summer it was during the strike, but I was able to do this thing because it was a reality show, okay. And it was old houses that are so stuck in time that it would be a shame to ever bring them up to date. So one place was like a four story Victorian house that shaped in an octagon. Whoa, it's in New York. It's in like the sleepy hollow area, haunted, haunted, gorgeous house, I mean, insanely beautiful house that this family has had for decades and they've made it their whole personality. Okay, is the octagon house. So they were telling us, oh, yeah, there's this there's a ghost of a maid that lives here. And I'm like yeah, yeah, yeah. A couple hours go by and I start to smell flowers really strongly in the kitchen and they said, oh, that's her. She smells like lilacs.
Speaker 1: Oh. It was like, oh, okay, well it could be worse.
Speaker 2: Taking the sense of lilac in here, or there is an actual ghost and rested.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's not a bad if she she can help tidy up all. But I wouldn't mind a maid.
Speaker 2: Mind a made ghost As long as I there's some rhyme or reason to where she's putting things, I don't want to like lose things in the house. Exactly, have her hide my keys?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Do you do you believe in aliens?
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting that you're asking that on this day in particular, because December third, today is supposed to be a day when there's going to be some kind of extraterrestrial activity according to TikTok. What which is never wrong? The people on TikTok are always on point, and they never exaggerate, and they're always telling the truth.
Speaker 1: That's we very much believe in, uh, the most reliable news sources on this podcast. And if some random lady on TikTok just wants to start saying things, welcome to ghosted, come on, yes, share it for the world. So they said that what the aliens are coming down or they're coming out of the ocean.
Speaker 2: There is supposed to be some sort of episode today that was predicted by some boy. The story's really heading up my ass. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I'm waiting with baited breath for whatever extraterrestrial thing is supposed to happen today. Now, what's it going to do? Is it going to take care of the disappointing election that we just had? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ooh, only a.
Speaker 2: Big crater in the earth and then take all of our toilet paper? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Okay? I found Newsweek This article says futurists aliens prediction for December third takes off online. Okay. Someone named Cliff High, a computer scientist and linguist, wrote in a YouTube video about this prediction, known as the thirty nine Days to May Lee, that set a battle between humans and aliens in the sky would occur thirty nine days after a trigger incited the incident. Hmmm, So should we be scared? I don't know that I feel like reading anymore, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, should we be scared? Or is he going to be the new Secretary of Transportation.
Speaker 1: I'm always on the side of the aliens. Yes, I say, do what you need to do. Yeah, they're the ones I have to look at us. I often feel like it's one of these situations where they're like, we got to look at your ugly house, you gotta fix that roof, you gott to mow your lawn. We're sick of looking at it, get it together, or we're going to do it for you. Yeah, that's how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't believe we're alone in the universe.
Speaker 1: Now, do you think they live in the ocean? Because I know that that's the other one that people keep saying. I've said it for years because I believe octopi.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: They say that octopi are the closest to alien intelligence we have because they're so far off from anything else. The fact that they can change their colors, their geniuses, they can morph the little bodies. There's a lot going on with those things. So I think that those are aliens.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not going to disagree with you.
Speaker 1: So what do you think about past lives? Are you a past lives lady?
Speaker 2: You know, I wasn't brought up to even consider that, but in my old age, I don't see how we haven't had past lives. Mmm, you know, okay, because everybody is born knowing certain things, and how do you know what you know? So I do believe, especially like when I was fifty years old, I met a new friend and I felt like, oh my god, are we siblings? I know that sounds crazy.
Speaker 1: It was like a deja vous almost or something.
Speaker 2: He said my name in a certain way once and I was like, oh my god, I've known you forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, we're like buds to this day. And I do feel like at some point in my existence we were either best friends in another life, or I was your mother, or we were siblings.
Speaker 1: Hmmmm. It's crazy when it's right, it's right. Yeah, And I do believe when it comes to like the idea of synchronicities and things being meant to be, Like, I really do think that there's something I don't know if the word is paranormal or whatever, but about the people that are in your lives and that you connect with and I don't know, jobs that you get and places that you live, Like, I really I think that there is something there. I think that there's like a reason that these people come into our lives.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, you've had that experience then, haven't you of feeling like, oh my god, we I've known you lifetimes.
Speaker 1: No, I never have, but I'm just kidding, of course, of course, of course the gourds. I mean, I always I love the feeling of when I meet people that are also into like the most random, weird things that I'm also like that feeling of like I found my family, like where have you been this whole time? Or people that you meet and you're like, wait, you lived here when I lived here ten years ago, and how come we never met and now we're meeting for the first time, Like what is this? Why is this happening? Now? I love all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you went to like a psychic.
Speaker 2: Ah, probably a year ago. I also have a really good astrologer.
Speaker 1: Really yes, Now, how often do you consult the astrologer.
Speaker 2: Once a year? Oh, it's like to get the weather report for the year.
Speaker 1: Oh great, so like every January.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I usually do it in July for some reason. So she does evolutionary astrology and she helps you make sense to yourself, like she gives you the weather report for what your whole life was up until now, and you're like, oh my god, yep, that all makes sense. Ah, that all makes sense. So again the weather report. You have free will, so of course you're gonna affect the outcome. Nothing is really going to happen the way she tells you. It's gonna She's just gonna say the conditions are right for this if you wanted to pursue X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: Okay, that works.
Speaker 2: Now, whether or not you do it is on you. So I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, a psychic, I.
Speaker 1: Oh, you you went to haven't you done Long Island Medium?
Speaker 2: I did Long Island Medium and then I did Tyler Henry.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, I remember we talked about Long Island Medium. Did we talk about when did you do Tyler Henry? Was this before twenty twenty? Maybe we did talk about it.
Speaker 2: It might have been before twenty twenty, but he solved a big family mystery for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I remember you telling me about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you, if I'm not mistaken, are one of the people that every time I've every time I've talked to someone that went to Tyler Henry or Teresa Caputo, They've always told me it was the real deal. Yeah, And that was your experience.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, because what we were talking about was ungoogleable. Yeah, And it was stuff that just my family stopped talking about him like it had never happened. It was a suicide of my uncle that happened when I was two years old and everyone just kinda I remember them talking about it for a little bit, and then when I was maybe ten years old, it just no one spoke about him anymore, and it was weird. So it came out at one point at some family dinner. My mom mentioned her brother, and my mother in law said, wait, what you have? You had a brother, And that was so sad to me that he had all but been erased just because everyone it was too painful for everyone to talk about. And I started investigating certain things, and Tyler Henry, without any prompting whatsoever, explained everything to me and I verified it with my mom and it was like, oh, oh, okay, he committed suicide because he was gay and he didn't feel like he was part of the family and he couldn't live like that. It was really really sad, really really so so. And this is another weird thing that hopefully your audience won't find crazy, but other people find crazy when I tell them. But like, he does contact me now really yeah? For instance, probably well, a few weeks after we moved into this current house and we've only been here two years, I felt like he was trying to contact me, like certain things would become very prominent to me, like, oh, there's an owl. Owls are a thing for me. Oh. I keep hearing the name Kenneth coming up on TV or whatever, and so I just set out loud, Kenny, are you trying to get in touch with me? I open a box. In the box is a picture of Kenny just beaming up at me. So it's like, Okay, you are trying to get in touch with me right now?
Speaker 1: Hello, I mean the spirit of like a gay uncle. That's beautiful. Yeah, and also a gay man to be like Whennie mcclennan Covey is my niece, I'm hanging out with her. That's where I want to spend eternity.
Speaker 2: Well, also like, don't forget me, I was a member of this family.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, and I definitely it definitely feels like you are honoring him. Yeah, that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I love him and I have pictures of him around the house. And I have a friend who when he comes over sometimes he'll look at a picture of my uncle and just start crying. Hmmm, because I don't know why this picture makes me cry, you know, I don't know. It's so interesting to me. People pick up on those emotions and or again, I'm totally in psychosis and that's where I'm choosing. I don't know, but these things that have happened, and I gotta believe. I gotta just follow those breadcrumbs.
Speaker 1: Right, absolutely, So you're definitely the type of person and I think this is the fun way to live life, is like finding the meaning in different things that happen throughout the day. Because I'm like that too. I'm always like, I just saw this number three times. That means that means something. I gotta figure out what it means, you know. But I think it's fun. It's like it's all just a mystery that we're in this whole time. And yeah, I don't know. I gotta keep it interesting over here.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's so much more fun to believe that every time you see a certain number it's that your spirit guys are saying hi to you. Or every time you know, you see a butterfly it's a relative. I mean, that's more interesting to me than just saying, oh, I was harassed by a butterfly today.
Speaker 1: You know, do you believe in the Lockness Monster? Well, this is no joking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I don't not believe in NeSSI who knows what's in those lakes? I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what about Bigfoot, Bigfoot, gosh, mothman, mothman?
Speaker 2: What were those there was some other big thing in Mexico that they were the giants that come out of the mountains. Hell, yeah, you know, listen, I don't not believe in them. But have I seen any credible sources, you know, showing us that they are real? I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is one of the episodes I want for your TV show. Is you going out Bigfoot hunting?
Speaker 2: Bigfoot hunting? Absolutely know what. I think I'd be the person to find Bigfoot. I make some rice crispy treats and just say, hey Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they can never find they never find him. Yeah, and I think that's part of the problem that they don't if they had you there, I listen, I bet you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yes, And I wouldn't doubt that Bigfoot has at least seen Bridesmaids. I mean, everyone saw that movie.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's one of his favorites.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, so he's going to come out and go this is my moment because that is wonder.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think you're onto something. I think what it is is that people are not trying to find these creatures coming from a place of love.
Speaker 1: Ros Oh, that.
Speaker 2: Out a nice spread that they would enjoy eating, play some fun music, wear a nice outfit, and they will come out.
Speaker 1: Listen. This is my theory with ghost hunting. When I go ghost hunting, I'm like, I want to dress fun. Yeah, I want to look a little cute. I want to have a good time because if I was a ghost, I'm like, who do I want to hang out with some nerd with a little machine that's like, talk to me now, I don't want to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Say something, Say something interesting for content.
Speaker 1: Purposes exactly, And like, if you're going to come here in my home where I am invisible and I hang around, I need you to have some cute shoes. I need you to crack a joke, yeah, check your lipstick, make an effort, yeah, exactly, make it worth their while.
Speaker 2: Bring a gift.
Speaker 1: Sure. You know what do you think about haunted dolls? Well, like, do you think an item can have like a human ghost inside of an item? Well?
Speaker 2: I don't see why that would occur. You know, if you're in the afterlife and you're able to kind of scoot around all over the place, why would you choose to confine yourself to some haunted toy.
Speaker 1: Well, we have a segment on the show where I look at haunted eBay dolls, and every week we feature one, and it is such a common occurrence that there is always a plethora to choose from every single week. So it must be happening.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, it is selling them. That would be false advertising, wouldn't they exactly?
Speaker 1: So my theory is you're given three choices when you die, Heaven, Hell, haunted eBay doll. And these are spirits that have found themselves in a haunted eBay doll. It's time for the dolls are living? Okay? So Wendy, Yes, I go to ebe type and haunted Dolly. I never know what you're gonna get, but this week who we've got Loretta? And Loretta is going for thirty six dollars? Jeeha, Can you show us Loretta you got it? Rose? There she is, Oh my goodness, Loretta. She is a blonde, she's got a blue eyeshadow garage door over her eyes. She's got a winged liner Honestly, she wears makeup like me, pink lip. She looks very nineteen sixties.
Speaker 2: Okay, Loretta, the haunted doll looks like a woman named Loretta that I used to work with. I mean the clothing, the hair.
Speaker 1: Where did you work with this Loretta at.
Speaker 2: This shitty hotel near Disneyland?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I will never forget you telling me and Sam the story of your horrible coworker at.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, and this is this would have been my boss. So everybody that's watching this like this is ninety percent of the problem right here. So we think she's we think she's being advertised as haunted.
Speaker 1: Yes she is. And also one more thing to note is that she's she's got the mascara somehow is all over her under eyes. Oh. When we pull out the photo, Okay, she's wearing a faux fur something I feel like I've seen on QVC, or something like a shrug of some sort or I don't know what you'd call that. And she's for some reason got a skull in her hand. Not terrifying. She comes with a short little biography from the person selling her. It says the haunts continue to infiltrate the farm. I'm trying to keep up here. This is Loretta. She came here undressed, so my stepdaughter dressed her up. Okay, so they add all this. Okay, Loretta is a nasty piece of work. She murdered because she did someone wrong. Loretta lived as a grifter and conned many people, mostly men. She was in her fifties when she died. Loretta has been breaking things around the house, eggs, plates, drinking glasses, and my eyeglasses. She swears like a sailor. So far she has only directed her rage and fury at me. She was okay with my stepdaughter. I figure a man must have did her in.
Speaker 2: Well, I believe one of that story, and the only thing to do is sell it, not burn it with fire, sell it on eBay.
Speaker 1: Well, and then the other sale I want to make is you as Loretta. Yeah, you doing the Loretta biopic would be amazing now that I hear this, this backstory of this woman. I want to see you as the cussing like a sailor lady.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, and breaking her eyeglasses and plates with a with a little plastic skull in my hand. Okay, So have you ever actually bought one of these things and then returned it because it wasn't haunted.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I have not. I have had many offers of people wanting to buy them for me. My lovely talent manager recently bought me one for my birthday and it was sent to my home. And it's a little clown doll named Jeriff. And I keep it in a box with everything I've ever been told will keep away a demon. And I don't know what to do with it. But it hasn't bothered me yet.
Speaker 2: No, but clown dolls are terrifying anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had it for about a month and a half and nothing has happened. Jeriff, Jeriff, Yes, and I've traveled with it. I'm about to this week. I'm going to New York with it, So just be grateful you're not in the same plane.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happened.
Speaker 1: Can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: I would love to hear some ghosts.
Speaker 1: It's time for EVP or ev pase. So here's what I do. I go to YouTube. I look for EVPs, which are electronic voice phenomenal. Okay, so this is anytime we hear a ghost speaking on a ghost hunting show, A bunch of ghost hunters on YouTube TikTok whatever. They post these voices. So I'm going to play you two of them. I want you to tell me what you hear, and I'm going to give you an ABCD with the correct answer being what the person that posted it believes it's saying. Okay, So this first one was posted by the Queen of the Paranormal, which is not me, somebody else. Okay. This was in the Queen's kitchen in their home. What is this go saying? Did you hear that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh you can't tell what it says. It's super clear, Wendy.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 1: That's okay, Okay, it's one of these. Did the quin of the Paranormal think it was a.
Speaker 4: A happy meal B on Happy Street? C? I hate this place? Or d I have to p Okay?
Speaker 1: Let me play it again, okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: To me, it sounds like why not Chicken? So none of the above.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I do hear that why not Chicken?
Speaker 2: Well, what's it supposed to be?
Speaker 1: She believes it's on Happy Street? I mean, yeah, it could be a lot of things. I like why not Chicken? Yeah, here's one more. This one was posted by somebody named berry Berry. And this one was recorded at the restaurant that used to be Liberaci's restaurant in Las Vegas, Liberaci's Tivoli Gardens. Okay, and they suspect maybe it was Liberaci speaking. They don't know, Well, what is this ghost saying?
Speaker 2: I can't make that out at all?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's real soft and short. Do they think it was a Let's rock, b hey, bud, C good luck or D cute top? Okay, let me play it again.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say. I'm going to say C good luck.
Speaker 1: That is what they believe this ghost is saying. Now that we know that, let's listen one more time. Good luck. I mean maybe maybe that's Yeah, that's not going to be in the next LIBERACEI biopic. I can tell you that.
Speaker 2: I so no, No, these are fascinating.
Speaker 1: Wendy, You're fascinating. You are you really are like the perfect guest, the fact that you are into this kind of thing and have so many experiences. I just saw someone walk behind you.
Speaker 2: That was a ghost.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just want to confirm.
Speaker 2: That was super husband Greg Coubby.
Speaker 1: Oh God, amazing. Tell him.
Speaker 2: I said hello, I sure will.
Speaker 1: And you're on a television show once again, I am, which is where we all love to see you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: St. Dennis Medical on NBC eight pm. Hell yes, and Peacock and Peacock the next day.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we lucked out.
Speaker 1: We do like listener episodes in the show, and sometimes I get medical workers, hospital workers their stories of the paranormal. I just have to ask, because sometimes when you do these shows, you actually film at hospitals. What's the situation and are their ghosts on set? Listen, because either you do that or you're filming in some sid stage that at one point a light fell on somebody in nineteen twenty two probably and now they're wandering around. So any goes around the set of Saint Dennis Medical.
Speaker 2: So when we filmed our pilot, we filmed it at an abandoned hospital in downtown LA called Saint Vincent's Perfect and I think they opened it back up for the pandemic, but then shut it down again, so all the stuff is still there. That's the weird thing about these abandoned places. It's like what you think the rapture was, like everybody just left and all their stuff is still there, all the equipment still there.
Speaker 1: Oh God.
Speaker 2: And so you know, we film on a sound stage now, but back then we were filming at this hospital and the site rep saw me wandering around because I love to you know, I'm nosy. I like to open doors and things, and she said, yeah, don't wander off. I never believed in spirits until I had to be here by myself and I hear voices all the time, and there's no one here. Okay, duly noted.
Speaker 1: Those ghosts are trying to get their SAG card. They're trying to get on, trying to be extras.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to get an under five, get their SAG cards.
Speaker 1: Well that's incredible. I love that little tippit. Thank you, Thank you. Well, Wendy, is there anything else you'd like the people to know?
Speaker 2: Just that Roz is awesome, Wendy, and you should listen to her and support the show. Thanks Wendy, and do whatever she says.
Speaker 1: Ah, that is what I love to hear. Yeah, I am going to start a cult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I will. I will join and I will just tell me what to wear and I will show up.
Speaker 1: It's going to be that faux for outfit that Loretta had on that's okay.
Speaker 2: People can be wearing an aqua eyeshadow.
Speaker 1: Absolutely every day. Always. Well, Wendy, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me wrong why not chicken.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Wendy. She's truly just the greatest. I feel so fortunate to have her on the show. That was phenomenal, and so are you. Thanks for listening to the show. I love you well, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came on. This has been an exact write production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the Eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine Chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the Terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spookky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.