Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony door Set, de Montree More, and Newly Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Players Lounge right here at the w SBC podcast studio at the Star in Risco, Texans show headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys. Got Anthony dor Set, former NFL player here, Trey More form NFL player Dallas Cowboy Barry Church for player Dallas Cowboy here.
Speaker 3: I knew his Scruggs ain't play multi. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, I wake up out.
Speaker 3: They ain't got no hurts.
Speaker 4: Like y'all, just the smarter way.
Speaker 3: One thing I found when I went to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, that there's your bus and they need to put like what ligament you gave up out your body? Because everyone when I saw these dudes with gold Jackson, everybody had something.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hurting, man. Everybody was hurt. Man.
Speaker 2: I mean you you weren't in the Hall of fame unless you gave up something in your body. Like, man, I'm just I'll just watch something that's true.
Speaker 3: It is something.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I remember the first time I met a bunch of Hall of Deacon Jones, a bunch of people in that l.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 3: It was great. But man, I just saw just hit.
Speaker 5: I know he got them D Line fingers that they talk about. Oh, I don't know about it.
Speaker 3: Handshakes were scary.
Speaker 4: It's different, like you got two fingers going this way.
Speaker 2: Like if you ever get to see Anthony Muno's former Cincinnati baby, his.
Speaker 3: Finger goes way. I mean it was way. Oh man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the handshakes when you meeting Hall of famerus is very different, especially D Line because their hands are they're mangled, they are mangled.
Speaker 6: Baldinger, Yes, every body, Yeah, Audie hands Jack Yeah.
Speaker 7: Audio NFL Network with your figures.
Speaker 4: Without corner right now, I got eyes on all y'all.
Speaker 3: It is it is so all right.
Speaker 2: Finally the week is over. Okay, two Monday night football games. Baker Mayfield and company go down the field and they make the game in Houston.
Speaker 4: Was baking. Three of you all.
Speaker 3: Had it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Trey, you had a twenty four thirteen Tampa Church. You had a twenty four fourteen Tampa dor set and you had a twenty seven twenty fourth Tampa. I went with Houston I had, I had a twenty one twenty.
Speaker 3: I thought I was looking good too.
Speaker 4: It was almost got you.
Speaker 3: Miko Ryan's defense, that's no pass rush.
Speaker 4: Though they was missing some many time. Will was getting around there a couple of times.
Speaker 7: I'm talking on that last ride, last round, they wasn't making that.
Speaker 4: It was gas.
Speaker 3: Then it wasn't good.
Speaker 4: It wasn't good.
Speaker 3: I'm you're at home now. Now Houston's going too.
Speaker 2: And you know, I sit around here and think by the Cowboys being one and one and one and.
Speaker 3: One owing to the whole different type.
Speaker 2: Of hole in this league, in this league of what it is you're fighting through. And it was a home game for Houston and you had a lead at the end.
Speaker 4: But if.
Speaker 5: I'm not mistaken, I believe the in in my in my good brother Demiko, because you know that was my doggie coach and played against him. In his defense, I want to say, since he's been a head coach, they started oh and to uh every time since he's been there, and they made the playoffs. So if from Houston, I ain't just gonna jump ship yet. I've been seeing a lot of like, hey, what is Domico doing?
Speaker 4: What is CJ. Stroud doing for him? If if if.
Speaker 5: I'm him, I'm telling the team we've been here before, we know how to do this. So it's not the panic button. But for other teams that haven't been in there, have been to the playoffs in a while, you can't afford to take those steps.
Speaker 4: Back, like isn't Casey? Oh and to right now is Casey?
Speaker 2: I was gonna bring that up next to next two for the Texans, They've got they got to go to to Jacksonville, So going to that September game in the heat, as you know, playing that that is not.
Speaker 3: An easy game.
Speaker 2: And then they host the Titans at home, so they got two divisional games coming up at Slops.
Speaker 5: Is not no Slops, but Jacksonville. If I'm there, I'm saying this is what we're getting at licked.
Speaker 7: Back man crazy.
Speaker 6: The Titans is known for digging a hole in Jacksonville the Titan period.
Speaker 5: And I'm talking about Jacksonville from what I've seen from them and their gameplay and the way the team was like dull, like you got your players over there, sit over here, like I would be like, hey man, it's a turmoil.
Speaker 7: Going on, NA.
Speaker 6: But I'm just saying that's that's a divisional game, like you said, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I've been a part of that, that rivalry.
Speaker 6: If you want to call in that division, and yeah, that's gonna be a good game. But at the same time, I'm you know, here I go again with my heart right.
Speaker 4: They don't do it man or in the last place right now.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, cam Ward is actually doing the decent job and.
Speaker 4: His first touchdown pass, yeah he put on the dot.
Speaker 2: You're speaking to Kansas City there on Sunday night football this week.
Speaker 3: They've got the Giants. They're going to the Giants, So you gotta get that.
Speaker 6: I mean, when y'all see games like this, Okay, like since since Cowboys just played the Giants and then the case by playing, do y'all ever like say, measure the teams off of how they play against that team too as well? So like we're gonna look at k C and say, okay, like if they played them like that, could the Cowboys maybe beat k C?
Speaker 4: Do you do stuff like that. I can't.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's former players. We can't do that no more because I haven't been my rookie year. I was like, oh, that team beat them. We're historically better than them. I know, we look better than them. And then all of a sudden, that team we were just looking down upon what they say any given Sunday.
Speaker 4: Is so for me as a player, I don't look at it like that.
Speaker 5: I do take some measurements and I say, hey, if you're playing your best and then you do them like that, then yeah.
Speaker 8: But no, no, it's all about matchups, man. For me, That's how I always looked at the game. I mean, like, you know, when you're going against their you know, line might be transed, but they got skilled positions everywhere, and they be like, man, it's gonna be a tough matchup for us in the secondary and vice versa. Maybe their wide receivers and tight ends aren't like that, but man, they offensive line is like that, so we're gonna have to be covering a little bit longer.
Speaker 9: So to me, it's always about matchups in the.
Speaker 4: National football He'll come in hot.
Speaker 2: Bart Scott us always say that to me. Why I wanted to radio show with him for it for a place. Styles make fights, Yep, exactly, Styles make fights. Who says you have to look at that? And then when I read Bill Belichick's book this summer, The Art of Winning, he said, what you says, you can't do it because when do you play someone matters?
Speaker 3: You know, is it your health? Where are you at, what are the conditions? You know?
Speaker 2: We talking about Florida, going to Florida in September, and at the end of the year, it's different.
Speaker 4: Man, win.
Speaker 5: They say, you got two hours to yourself throughout that two hours. The good vests, they get their team together, like I will never forget been in New York all the vests, justin Tuck Introil Rose. They brought all the rookies together and was like, no, you're getting the ivy right now, Like we're gonna we need you, Demontre because you're playing and we know how much you do this, so we're paying for your IVY. And I didn't realize the importance of it until like you got down there. You played for Jacksonville's Miami it is it is mucky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you look.
Speaker 2: During during Bill Belichick's tenure at Miami, I mean in New England. Winning at Miami was hard for him. And I remember the great eighty five Bears the game they only game they lost was December in Miami, and they talked about, hey man, you know you're getting in that it matters. So so that's why the thing is just who do you play, where do you play in the timing of it.
Speaker 3: What's the health of your football team?
Speaker 2: So to sit up here say hey, you know what, you know they beat them, and how do I measure it?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 3: It's a total, totally different.
Speaker 2: Thing because now if you're the Cowboys this Giants game, considering what happened with your secondary and not happened blanded, those kinds of things, what if three months later you know you you fixed it and you're good.
Speaker 10: So all of it. It just it's a week to week league. Basically, it is any given Sunday, it.
Speaker 3: Is a week to week league.
Speaker 2: The other Monday night football game, the Raiders got tore up by the Chargers. You her Trey ha Trey had the Raiders seventeen thirteen.
Speaker 3: Dorset.
Speaker 2: You had at twenty one fourteen Church and I we went with with Herb Herb justin Herbert Church he had at twenty to seventeen. I had a twenty six twenty chargers, So they got it done. Apparently Tom Brady's in the booths listening to you know.
Speaker 4: Oh Tom Brady. D was going on, he can do whatever you want.
Speaker 7: You're there, call it down.
Speaker 4: On the field. Hey, you can have these production meetings, but not on TV. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You can go talk to these people and then go up to the booth like, hey man, when they do this and they get they looking at this guy, that's crazy all day.
Speaker 5: That is what is so crazy about it, because we're talking about the go of the game. We're talking about a guy that plays the most important position on the field, Like it's your job to break down coverages and stuff like that, to play, to be a long tenured player like he is now to be in the front office on the ownership and then you see the sports broadcasting.
Speaker 4: Yeah you crazy. If I ain't over here.
Speaker 5: I'm looking like this, and then next week I'm in my owner suite. Hey I got a little tell whenever he blinked like this.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. I mean, your facility, but that's why your facility.
Speaker 5: Other people lookout, Robo broke it down when he did his first coverage and breaking that game down. You don't think Brady's doing that right now saying I.
Speaker 4: Want to win.
Speaker 8: You guys, ever been in one of those like Sunday night football Monday night production meetings? So I did a couple with Chris Collinsworth and everything, and you know they'll sit you down for about you know, fifteen twelve minutes and they're asking everything. So you know, what do you think the strengths are of your deep and you know when you are you gonna attack this quarterback?
Speaker 4: Because they used a ten bits on the broadcast.
Speaker 8: I was talking to Church and you know, when they come out of this formation, they see this, so this is how they're gonna attack it.
Speaker 9: So it makes them, you know.
Speaker 8: Seem better in the booth what you understand and you and you're and you're Brady, So you're gonna be in that Collinsworth seat asking these questions. So when they play the Raiders, gonna be man, you know they do this, This is exactly what it's gonna be. Like.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, but do you but do you does he get a little bit of leeway because it's like even with him doing all that, y'all still lost, but he said, you're still lost.
Speaker 2: No, Like no, because when we understand this is the first year programming that making changes, but it also becomes over a perception of it.
Speaker 5: He personally, I agree with y'all wholeheartedly, but as a as a Raiders fan or Tom Brady's gonna be bla bro.
Speaker 4: What am I doing? We lost? Like we're good.
Speaker 5: Because back in it's gonna come back to help you. But I'm just playing Devil's advocate. That's wow, it is it is. And then they kept flashing to him like, hey, you see Tom said on.
Speaker 4: The fact that even said that.
Speaker 5: During the middle of the broadcast, they said, yo, Tom sits in these meetings, and we talked to the coaches saying thank you because of the way that he's showing us the game. It's a whole different perspect.
Speaker 6: Because you hear how Pete Carroll came back like I just saw it before we came in here. Pete Carroll was on there just correcting some things because I think it was I can't remember which coach was saying that. Yeah, we talked to Tom. We go over game playing and everything else.
Speaker 4: With you peek.
Speaker 6: Carro was like, nobody, don't hey, smart guy. Right Carroll came back. It's like, now you know, he's just in the building. He's a great resource to us. Let me clean this up right now before we get in any any trouble.
Speaker 5: With what the levy's break, because it's like they do have a microscope on meal, Like that was a big knock. It's just crazy how big of a knock this was before the season even started, when people were like, Hey, how's he going to call games and stuff? And now that we're actually here in real live time, it's radio silent, like you don't hear as much.
Speaker 4: I thought this morning I would have got up and hurt.
Speaker 5: And maybe because the Raiders didn't win, that's why a lot of people weren't talking about it as much, but I thought it would have been bigger headlines overall.
Speaker 2: You have to be very cautious if you're Jim Harball, you know, and Brady's doing a game for you somewhere down the road for Fox, because you're like, wait a minute, man, you know you're in my division. I don't want to sit around here and give you in and then so so you're the head coach of the player and give this do nothing.
Speaker 3: And that's that's that. That would be what I would tight.
Speaker 6: So I got a friend of mine, who I think Terry Kills might be the first former NFL player that's actually an official now right, play with me with the Titans. Also played for the for the forty nine ers two as well, and talking to him, they wouldn't allow him to do games for teams.
Speaker 7: That he previously played for.
Speaker 6: So he couldn't do a forty nine game, he couldn't do a Titan game. I think like eventually schedule end up changing because they had to do something with you know, just different officially officiating teams.
Speaker 7: But yeah, initially he couldn't even do any of those games.
Speaker 3: Conflict of you're trying to prevented.
Speaker 4: Really you're you're a detailed oriented guy.
Speaker 5: Do you know like the nuances of like in his contract or what they let be put out there what he can do, because I know there were certain games that Brady couldn't call, or at least they mentioned that.
Speaker 4: Is there any restrictions?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know, I honestly I don't know, but it's just just it was the perception, and that's what so much of this comes down to the perception. And then just when you go into these meetings, because I've just even at a collegiate level, haven't talked to different coaches at times that when these other coaches get let go and all of a sudden, now they're here, that sometimes they're even guarded about. Hey, you know, because the coaching industry, everybody's friends, and some people closer friends than others. Or hey, I got fired, but I used to coach for so and so and such and such. They're in these production means wondering, Okay, man, these are your boys over here. What are you going to say? And people can get upset at times and say, well, you're questioning my integrity.
Speaker 3: But we know coaches are the most.
Speaker 2: Superstitious dudes out here, secreted guys out here. So those meetings and just who's in there, man, that stuff, that stuff matters. But on that college level because they get rid of so many guys. And then we also know this, we seeing it too many these college coaches get fired and want to go TV. They burned dog going around here. They waiting to talk to the A D, the president over that universe, Hey, Howard, things on I'm just I'm just doing this, so.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Here you go.
Speaker 2: I was I was waiting on Josh Hoover outside and we were keen of staying with Carolina again with pro TCU and no, no, they were coming off the field. It was Jimbo Fisher who introduced himself to the president at tc U, the chancellor.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know a d they're shaking hands and everything.
Speaker 10: I was laughing as I would say, to hire them, because you want some of that money back?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I want. Hey, you're talking.
Speaker 3: About somebody offset money.
Speaker 4: Yes, get some of it back. So I just I just let and you want Jimbo purple tie that? Boy? Good? That boy? Hey? Hey hey Church, what you say? Boy? You gotta give me that?
Speaker 7: You see that look good?
Speaker 4: And purple tie on?
Speaker 3: Do I have on purple? It was, you know what I said.
Speaker 4: But they say work smarter, not harder. I'm not opposed to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boy good?
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jones with some things to say on his radio show on Tuesday, especially about the secondary for people.
Speaker 4: Who have some questions too.
Speaker 3: Let's dive into that next with Barry Church.
Speaker 2: Tray More Anthey Door said on New Correct this is the players on Dallas Cowboys dock.
Speaker 3: Hey they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 11: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 4: Off the reels.
Speaker 11: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem.
Speaker 11: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 12: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 4: Rule twelve, no crinkle.
Speaker 12: Cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules. Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: Crownroyal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com.
Speaker 3: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: To the players loud.
Speaker 5: The Countdowns game day starts with the Rally Days presented by seat Geek. Get behind the scenes look at at and T Stadium. Meet the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, alumni, play games, wins, prizes and more. Get your tickets at eight ante stadium dot com Slash Rally Days.
Speaker 3: Thank you Trey.
Speaker 2: Here, I see good Boy, Good Aristocrat Gaming sponsors show got Anthony Door sat here, Barry Churches, Trey morean NEWI Scrunch. Jerry Jones does his radio show every Tuesday N one O five three M and Jerry said they don't have much interest. When asked about trying to sign former Dallas Cowboy free agent corner Stephan Gilmour, he spoke about how Doron Bland and rookie Shavon Ravel are on the way.
Speaker 4: What did you say last show?
Speaker 5: Knew if somebody said, if you want to know cooks, if you want to know, go to the show.
Speaker 3: Not yeah, So he said, blad Mike, Blad.
Speaker 5: Mike, that's crazy for are you But are they rushing him back? Like I asked these questions and that's.
Speaker 3: A legitimate question. But the owner said, you know, it could be.
Speaker 5: What he said goes we all know this around.
Speaker 8: Doctor Jones played you can't gilly a.
Speaker 2: He didn't say play this week, but he just said on the way he's on the way, I don't matter.
Speaker 5: You need somebody here yesterday? What are we talking about? Did somebody throw up four of them things on you? Like, like to disrespect somebody a player that's already been here, that is a proven perennial pro bowler and still has something.
Speaker 4: Left in the team. You can't. You can't, all right, you can't discredit experience.
Speaker 3: So here here's something.
Speaker 2: And I love this because I got it from Mickey Spagnol who works over here as well.
Speaker 3: What's the cost? Because all day long this is true.
Speaker 4: You know this is true.
Speaker 3: Stefani just coming there from a million dollars.
Speaker 7: He no, he's not anywhere.
Speaker 5: He's not gonna come for a million because, first of all, his VET minimum is way more than okay.
Speaker 2: But but he's got you got okay to get to get you off the couch, to get anybody off the couch who's been a defensive player of the Year with a resume like that, dude ain't just coming up here for niggas gave.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Like the need. I'm sorry, I don't mean to get too frustrated about that, but you gave Clowney this money coming off the couch. That was a dire need for a dire situation. Four of them things over four hundred plus throwing your You don't need him.
Speaker 7: Well if they need him in here for for he can teach.
Speaker 4: He could teach, he can coach, and he can still play, and they need to pay that right now.
Speaker 3: Diggs was following this man when he was here.
Speaker 4: He exactly.
Speaker 3: So I'm not debating you on that.
Speaker 2: When I'm debating you on when we have when we talk about these things, you always have to what does the player want? Because Clowney came here. I'm good right now. You know what I really meant. The number ein't what I needed to be. Next thing, you know, Russ dropping bombs over the back.
Speaker 5: Then hey, you're gonna come meet that number hunh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got it, what found it?
Speaker 10: We got him, got gonna be calling in five minutes. I told you, you show me the money. So so I mean and and looks just look at Gilmore's career. He like climbing and he played for free. No I got I got he got a real.
Speaker 5: They do, but they did South Carolina, so you you don't. But but when you got situations like that, you know there's a diar need and you're trying to get back in there. We all know that your homeboy hits you up. Man, just take a little bit of a discount. It's gonna be good over here. We chicken, bro, you can come do your thing.
Speaker 3: He done that.
Speaker 6: But the whole thing is this, though he says that he wants to play like he's he he's publicly said that.
Speaker 7: He wanted to play.
Speaker 6: And if you don't have a lot of people knocking on your door, you know you're gonna take what's what's coming down.
Speaker 4: To pack that number, that number is gonna go down a little bit, just a little bit.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't know, Like that's you have that many options, right, That's what I said.
Speaker 4: Like who I think he has options? Like you said.
Speaker 5: I just think the number is not what it wanted to be. Like who's gonna who's going to give you in first? Like I'm giving you all my numbers. Somebody's gonna meet this number. And I think it's the way.
Speaker 9: This is also a man that's made a ton.
Speaker 4: Of money, a ton of how does his body.
Speaker 8: And so is he gonna sit there on the couch and be like Yo, nobody's called, but Cowboy's coming in for one five.
Speaker 4: I'm good, like, it's not worth it. That's what I said. You gotta gotta those injuries.
Speaker 2: When I was doing radio show bar Scott, that was the same thing. It's like, hey man, I'm not playing right now, he said. And I've had offers, but I'm not coming for that exactly. And he said, I because automatically. And I loved how Bart thought about whatever number you tell me, slice it in half the taxes right now, and he said, is it worth my body and what I'm going to have to give and the way I play for this? And nobody made him that offer, said he never went back and play. Once he stopped, He's like, nah, it's not worth it to my body. And so if I'm I'm imagining Gilmour, who has a Hall of fame resume exactly, a hall of fame resume, not getting off the couch for any old Nichols and dimes. That's that's how I would perceive it without talking to him, Without talking to him, and he has a legitimate case.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I can see.
Speaker 6: Them trying to offer him less than they gave Clowney Like I like that that he now look.
Speaker 3: I don't thine what say you said he had?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: But the only thing I'm gonna say what that is, who's more impactful that cornerback or that pass rusher?
Speaker 4: You go overpay for that pass rusher right in that cornerback off if you're going bargain hunting and fifty yards, man, it's true.
Speaker 2: So I also say, that's that's why you talk about Clowney versus Gil. You've seen what Gilly can do and you've you've seen it up close and personal. You saw the impact he had on Digs, So so what he can do and what he's in known quantity, So I would I would think put that as a check mark for him that Jerry should look at it. Here's something else that Jerry said, cool as much as anything, it's buying into the scheme. You've got to handle your responsibilities. You can't just be out there trying to make a play. Make sure your responsibilities are covered first. That's Jerry's talking about the whole defensive issues with the team right now. So I asked all of you, is this the product of three straight defensive coordinators and three straight defensive schemes of people trying to.
Speaker 8: Figure out what I believe it could be and when what you always say is it talent or technique, and a lot of those blown coverages, to.
Speaker 4: Me, it was technique.
Speaker 8: You know, bad eyes, you know you're in a deep third, but you're still looking in the backfield, slow black pedal, you letting you know, guys go by you.
Speaker 9: You're just not really understanding the scheme. So a lot to do with that.
Speaker 8: I don't think it's just these guys are just out getting out skelled, like they're just out there getting routed up. I don't think it's like that. I think in this coverage you just had, you know, your technique is bad bad eyes, and these are all things that are coachable. So I feel like you got to understand your personnel a little bit better as well. With all due respect, Dominovan Wilson is not a deep player, like a deep half safety, a deep you know, deep coverage type safety. He does most of his damage when he's in the box, or he's that kind of rap player where he's just reading and reacting coming downhill. Laying people out like that is his willbox. That's where he's gonna make a lot of his money. The deep part of the field I think should be primarily where Hooker plays. I mean, he's used to that back in Indianapolis when he first came as a first round pick, he was a dog back there, red line, the red line, all over the place, covering people mistakes. So for me, I think they've got to get a better understanding and eba Flus has to do this of what makes your putting your players in their best position to make plays. And having Donovan Wilson back there at that deep kind of cover safety is just not not where it needs to be a map posite, but.
Speaker 4: They do it.
Speaker 6: To me, it still boils down a lot to this. Evira Flues thought he was gonna have Michael Parsons. He thought he was going to have the racer in here, and and and that right there being said that he does not have that no more like and come on, they based a lot of that off.
Speaker 7: Of the pressure that he was going to be able to produce, you know.
Speaker 6: And so with that being said, you know, like this defense is not being run to the capabilities that it is supposed to be, like what you guys have been talking about, Like I heard you, it's guys gonna be going here they're gonna be doing this and that it ain't happening.
Speaker 7: It ain't happening.
Speaker 3: You're point taking, But what's your job as a coach? Cover up the warts?
Speaker 4: Gotta make it work, you gotta figure out.
Speaker 2: Hey, Chuck Dailey, for a great basketball coach, said, your job as a coach is to cover up the where are they stick a band aid on it and cover it up and keep it covered up as long as he can before somebody pulls a band aid off and explosives and so whatever Flues thought he was getting and White Cotton thought they were getting, it's not there. They did have opportunities in camp because he wasn't out there a lot so to figure it out. And so let's see what it is. And clearly bringing in clowning was well, we always gonna have a little bit more.
Speaker 3: We don't. So you're trying to help it, but I don't.
Speaker 5: This is the least me me myself personally. I think I don't think it's more so the Mica thing. I think it's more so what Barry is saying. And to break it down a little bit further, this is if you play for Flus, Like I said, this is a very simple defense, Like it's not like you're doing too much. So with it being simple, you should be able to play your technique to the best of its potential. I think during the preseason a lot of people were doing that. But y'all know as well as I do. When you get that opportunity and it's like, hey, you potentially go out there and make one good play with a name that's not here, there's a lot of unproven stuff. It's guys that you got that are playing the role and saying, hey, I'm gonna do my part. But when I get out here, oh I got to make this play, I'm an bite on it.
Speaker 2: So what about last year because we heard some of the same stuff with Zimmer, and Zimmer kind of admitted it afterwards, like, yeah, I should have done some things differently my defense, But like who's buying into the defense some times?
Speaker 6: And this is a question we all noticed as players, Like some coordinators, are they creative enough to make changes like that or are they just stuck in their ways and it's their.
Speaker 7: Scheme more so over with the players they have oh right, So.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, And so that's what I'm seeing, you know, Like basically, as a coordinator.
Speaker 4: Just like what you said, you got to be able to.
Speaker 7: Work around the talent that you have.
Speaker 6: And if that scheme that you put in ain't gonna be able to work for the talent that you have, you have to get creative enough to be able to go outside the box and still make some changes and hopefully get successful with what you're doing.
Speaker 5: And I think, and like I said, I might be biased because I played for him, I think Evrafous is creative enough to do that. Like he sticks to his fundamentals as far as the flour wide system, but he's had success here at the Cowboys when he was the linebacker coaching he was calling the plays to when he left here and had the success with Indy. You had the same defensive scheme, but you had completely different players. You had a from Michael Parsons over here dominate when you came here or when you come back to where you got the Forest Buckner over there that's doing his thing. You have multiple Like you've had guys like what was the Shaq Leonard that was the linebacker over there when he was here?
Speaker 4: He had Uh there you go.
Speaker 5: You got Sean you got Sean Lee, you got you got guys like Kenny Moore, who playing style is completely different from Trayvon Dick, so I would say that he's had success in all those It's just about, like you said, are the players really going to buy into it? And then eventually a lot of this is on this on the players, like nobody told like Donovan, if you know that coach is putting you in a bad situation, I think that's where the veteranship and this is why I would think Gilly would be a good factor is don't put yourself in in the bad situation. You know you're not fast enough to come down here, give yourself an extra little little cushion there, Elam, you should not be over here trying to press somebody and you only a buck talling not even six flip in cleats like and trying to go do somebody like this like you made up Barry, y'all. And like I said, I'm a defensive lineman, so we see stuff like straight and narrow, y'all tell me as a dB because y'all got to pay for it. Y'all gotta pay attention not only to the quarterback the receiver, and y'all are more reaction based, so you have to prepare better as far as being the reactor versus the react the reaction, if that makes sense.
Speaker 8: And that's why to me, film study was such a big thing in my book because I was never you know, the fastest, quickest, didn't have you know, the hips and all that. But if I knew what the offense was going to do pre snap based on the formations, whether it's two by two, three point.
Speaker 4: One, it allowed me to play from.
Speaker 8: A four to six to a four to four on there because I knew what was coming and ahead of time. And when it comes down to putting your players in the right position, it's it's a real delicate process, especially at the safety spot because you know there's guys that they don't want to be in the middle of the field all day every day.
Speaker 9: Like I'm sure Hooker's like, man, let me get some action down there.
Speaker 8: But you know what made Seattle so great and they're too ten back there because her was like, I'm a middle of the feel safety, I'm gonna make plays being in the middle of the field. Cam Chansen was like, I'm this box boomer, but I've been in teams where it's like bro, I've been in the back all day, Switch me up, let me get some burn down there.
Speaker 4: And then that's when things happen. Man.
Speaker 6: So I w Rod Woodson came to the Raiders man and shout out to Rod when my player, Yeah, got all time favorite players, one of my football heroes.
Speaker 7: But like, we were in a place where we were able to just rock and.
Speaker 4: Roll with it.
Speaker 6: And that's why who that's what rock and roll is. That's like whatever the defense calls for. If I'm already on the right and he's already on the left, whatever it calls for it, if I got to go down or he gotta go down, we were just rock and roll.
Speaker 4: We just switched each other's position. This guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's good to be able to have safeties back there and players like that who can manipulate that.
Speaker 5: But they got a wait that your your decade or not your decade, but you're when you play. I felt like people were inter changeable versus where when I first came into the league and them, I was like, oh, I'm gonna play both sides because I got von Miller sean Porter when I got to the league and I told.
Speaker 4: Him, yeah, I can play this side.
Speaker 5: It was new to me, because which side do you want to play when you earn that right to be on that side? Like you said, it's some guys that will say, I'm never moving out to spot er.
Speaker 4: This is me right here. Let me get some burn.
Speaker 5: And that's where I think we do ourselves as athletes coaches. As a disservice is not making a defensive and I'll break it down even further for a defensive line.
Speaker 2: So Jerry Jones says he wants to pay the kicker when the owner says he wants to pay you as a player, how much of that do you believe, especially saw Michael Parsons, Well, ask the crew next right here.
Speaker 3: This plays lounges on Dallas Conboys dot Com.
Speaker 14: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 4: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 14: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge.
Speaker 4: Smoothie King has the fuel to.
Speaker 14: Help you go all out, build muscle, and boost to recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator Smoothe available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kat.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 4: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 11: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 3: With the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: Raising Cane presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast, or cravable Cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation.
Speaker 9: And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to their game.
Speaker 12: Face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers one.
Speaker 4: Love Go Cowboys. Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 11: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 4: Off the reels.
Speaker 11: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat. A Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys Gambling Problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 9: Back to the players, Loune, Are.
Speaker 4: You a Cowboys super fan?
Speaker 5: The search is on for the twenty twenty five Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan. Now through September twenty Nominate extraordinary NFL fan, dynamic duo game changers who wrapped the Cowboys with pride and turn every game day into an unforgettable adventure. You could be sent to Super Bowl sixty yet super Bowl sixty. Enter to win an NFL dot Com Slash Fan of the Year two day.
Speaker 3: All right, Tyler Smith got paid over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Give him a bag right now, so Tyler spid ninety six million dollar contract extention, so.
Speaker 3: So good for him.
Speaker 2: Hide the okay in the fold and uh, you know, hey, young man, they drafted.
Speaker 3: Uh this is where you should put your money.
Speaker 4: Into people when you draft.
Speaker 2: And now that they're not paying Michael Parson, somebody's got to get a bag. And so Tyler Smith got a bag, bron Bland got a bag whose name Aubrey is apparently up neck got to me, he got it.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Jerry, get it over special.
Speaker 2: Jerry told one to five three the Fans radio show today, he's certainly coming.
Speaker 3: We'll be looking at that.
Speaker 2: Probably had communications since the kick and uh, he says, but it certainly in the future.
Speaker 3: So Jerry wants to pay him.
Speaker 2: But now, if you're a player considering, Jerry did say he wanted to pay Michael Parsons. Mike Parson get his money, and Brandon Aubrey is not settling for anything less than the top market as the kicker.
Speaker 3: If the Tyler Smith.
Speaker 2: Gonna get it as a guard and that go get as a quarterback, I mean I shouldn't say I should as soon there will be no discounts.
Speaker 8: Can't be no discounts on this this is the best kicker in the national football and head and he said, and we were interviewing him, he said, look, I'm built for this moment. And I was like, man, you know what, You're right about that man, because he went out there sixty four yards. I don't care if it's a dome or not, game on the line nine the screen.
Speaker 4: He just rocked it in there winner.
Speaker 8: And he's been doing this consistently for the past what at least two three years. So to me, we always talk about I know, you always say, you know, Jerry never lets one of his guys go.
Speaker 4: Michael Parcels was the first.
Speaker 8: But to me, this is this is an offensive weapon and you you can't let a bona five three points. You don't even have to get the midfield, you just got to get to the forty five on your side in order to be in his range. You can't let that that type of automatic points go.
Speaker 4: And I believe they'll get the job done. Well.
Speaker 8: His contract be as high as you know Parsons or or Tyler Smith.
Speaker 4: It won't kick. It's not gonna be that hot. He's going to have a record, got to get it in.
Speaker 5: He be real, he's going to have a record breaking contract and the market, he's gonna set the market. It's always somebody that got to do it. On top of that, you got an owner that actually, like you, publicly have said it with no disput that's been going on, and I'm gonna have to go back to one of the major facts that we've been hearing a suit all season from Newie, Jerry don't let his guys go. And with that being said, he let one go. That's a defensive player. We all know that defensive players are the step childs of the league. You can let them go, but what what offensive First of all, a guy that is the best, not arguably the best, but the known best in his position. And then like you said, he's a kicker, but he's an offensive weapon. What offensive weapon? Knew he You've been covering the Cowboys for over twenty plus year. What offensive weapon has he let Jerry has let go that's been in his prime. That was the only way, yeah, product, that was the only one. But what about that? But there was also, if I'm not mistaken, one of their stuff about off the field stuff.
Speaker 9: You let him go, which was it was the right decision. I mean, he was running back it's kind.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, DeMarco had a great season. Yeah, I never thought he was a great running back.
Speaker 5: But this is a great kicker. We're talking about, like like your offensive lineman. They're going to play at least fifteen to twenty years of we got this, Like, I can't help but think of Genakowski, like him doing his stay for as long a's like, you're going to be here, why not keep him in his prime?
Speaker 4: So I don't personally see him letting them, okay, but we can do. So.
Speaker 6: I think he's I don't think he's going anywhere, and I think he's only going to get better with time.
Speaker 7: You know, like.
Speaker 6: We're used to kickers who have been kicking since footballs since elementary high school, pop warn or whatever. It is, like this dude only been kicking footballs for like how many years now.
Speaker 9: He's because he was you know.
Speaker 6: I mean, so, I only think that he's going to continue to get better. And then, just like you said, to be able to have a weapon that you don't have to cross the fifty yard line to actually get points on the board.
Speaker 4: You need a touch. You can get a touch, man, you already after twenty five, like you know, two first down.
Speaker 6: So that being said, like I believe said he's gonna set the market, and he's gonna he's gonna set that market. But I don't think there's another kicker that's going to even come close to it right now after he sets that market.
Speaker 2: So the market was set by Harrison Bucker of Kansas City.
Speaker 4: He just missed one other day, four years.
Speaker 2: Twenty five million dollars twenty five point six million, and UH produce Chrispy says it was seventeen point seven million of that guaranteed.
Speaker 3: So there's there's the bar.
Speaker 5: So it goes twenty six eighteen years, Jaricho give him this quick here, matter of fact, I mean twenty six cents a plus?
Speaker 3: I mean, why why not? I mean, this is this is fair.
Speaker 2: It's more than this is if he If Jerry goes in there and says four years, twenty six million, eighteen guaranteed, that's that that right there, if you Bucker sell it, and this is you guys played, So you guys would have this better understanding than me.
Speaker 3: Bucker's from here. There's no state taxes.
Speaker 4: Here, yeah, he gets none.
Speaker 2: To me, that seems like I wouldn't want, you know, right, that's what I would assume.
Speaker 5: Then you also got an owner that loves to be flashy, that loves to be the guy that Hey, I pride myself on doing this, so like to even it up a little bit with the kickers. And you got the best one here, let me go ahead flex and pay him like that. It's pennies on the dollar, so I mean compared to what you could have been. You got all this extra money with Michael gone. Now you see everybody else getting the bag. Why not lock up all my toys so I can go get my new toy.
Speaker 2: This isn't once again, this is paying the best player. I don't and this is my opinion. I don't think you can argue it. Tell me that somebody's a better kicker right now. Randon Aubrey in the game in the past two years, Like this is pretty I thought on the broadcast had a great thing when they said Dave Boll said, if they get, if the Cowboys get, if they get past the fifties, you're in range for you got chip shot his rangers passed. Once you half to fifty, you're in his range. And what an awesome weapon for Shati. If you're a play caller you've got a fan. Hey, we don't have to do much. I go back to the Philadelphia game. If Sanders doesn't funnel, they just get three right there at.
Speaker 4: The end of the gay three minutes to go.
Speaker 2: It's a whole different way. You're calling the plays and getting down the fields. It's a whole different thing. So the ability to sign the weapon and all three of you got in this league by playing special teams. When you made your major bones, you're winning the special teams game.
Speaker 5: And that whoever the special team coordinated, like anywhere around the league, they're gonna be sitting there standing on the table. You don't think the coach is like, Jerry, please don't let this one go.
Speaker 4: Please don't let.
Speaker 5: Me out as a special team coordinator. I'm trying to make sure he gets paid because my job is secured. If that man is on the ross by.
Speaker 3: The way, still Turpin, you know had to leave the game.
Speaker 4: They haven't anywhere. I was just about to say, serignificant.
Speaker 3: You know, there's still kind of day to day came.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that that's another thing going in Chicago is he affects so much of your roster. If you don't have a Cavante Turpin from what he does in the return game and how they were using him as an offensive weapons and maybe maybe maybe Jay and Blue.
Speaker 4: Done that.
Speaker 5: At like, hey man, hate to see her still going. Well you're going there to day before the game and you hit them and be like, hey man, I know it's been a strong week.
Speaker 4: You think he's gonna make it back.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, so if you if you get the news, Turp, you know, dudes out here kicking feeling punts extra out there.
Speaker 5: What you're gonna have guys that ain't even return to kick but they returned to their sophomore year in college. Hey, coach, I can do this right, do it, coach, Hey coach, I'm just trying to help the team. Whatever you need more value.
Speaker 6: Like hey, my first my first touchdown in the league was the kickoff return, and I never got to do it in college, and I never got to do it no more after that. But nothing is like I got put the guy there, took it back nine nine yards.
Speaker 4: Hey man. We got mail grade for that.
Speaker 6: And then I had got slick anyway before because I knew I could do it. My first touchdown playing Pop Warner was a seventy five yard kickoff. Ever, so I'm already knowing I could do kickoff return, So of course I put that incentive in my contract with like if I take back two kickoffs and do this and do that.
Speaker 4: Y'all you ain't getting that, you got one. Go ahead, Chill brother, I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: That's good stuff.
Speaker 2: It's different, bro, that's good stuff, all right, man, fun show today.
Speaker 3: Cowboys are off today.
Speaker 2: They'll they'll get ready tomorrow with their Wednesday practice tickt. The Chicago Bears, who are oh in to this game, will be in the Windy City. Matt Ebraflus, the defensive coordinator, will be returning, returning home.
Speaker 3: To uh to where he once played.
Speaker 4: You know he went three for I gotta dor set.
Speaker 2: To Montrait Moore, very Church Newly Strugs for Chris Beam and everybody involved right here, Dallas Cowboys dot Com thank you for checking out.
Speaker 7: Just the Way Play, Just Play.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club