Speaker 1: This is Frost Tips with Lance Bass and I heard radio podcast. Hello my Little Peanuts, it's me your host, Lance Bass. This is Frostit Tips, so me Lance Bass. Happy holidays everyone. I got drewpe with me today. Okay, So I'm excited to have this man on. I keep running into this guy a lot over the years, and he's a part of this kind of nineties entertainment family that you know, you just you know, we're not I wouldn't say that we're close friends. We don't call each other and hang out, but when you do something like as big as family matters and beyond TGIF and then of course my group and seeing comes out at the same exact time, Yeah, you kind of have this bond without even really knowing each other. I kind of said the same thing with Liam passed away, you know, a few weeks ago. I never met the guy, But you just have this I don't know, you just feel like this little family. It's like going to the same college or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, when you meet some from your hometown, you never like know them.
Speaker 1: But that's a perfect example because there's a couple of people like Mary Elizabeth Ellis, you know, uh, she's on sunny in Philadelphia, married to Charlie Day.
Speaker 2: We're from the same hometown, Laurel, Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Never met her in Laurel, but here in la when I got to meet her and we see each other, it's this bond we have.
Speaker 2: You know, we're just like shared experience. It, yeah, shared experience.
Speaker 1: And especially when your childhood because you know the same you know bakeries, you went to the same Christmas parade that you would do with your family. I just always feel like family when I see Julil I see.
Speaker 3: Him on lots of things. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. I've seen him in interviews and some on the view recently. He seems that he's made it out of that childhood stardom and and seems grounded and normal.
Speaker 2: He seems like a nice guy. I look forward to talking. Yeah, great family man.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you know what I'm gonna do this whole interview. What's that I am going to go a whole interview with jillil White without saying his character's name from Family Matters, Not gonna say it one time because I know he's probably so sick and tired.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about that character.
Speaker 4: We all know it.
Speaker 2: We all know what he went through. I will take that bet.
Speaker 3: Okay that there's no way in heck you will go the entire podcast at the cast without saying.
Speaker 2: All right, what do I win. We're gonna figure that out.
Speaker 1: I'll go to Towny Bagel and figure, oh, thank you, it's our favorite babel place here in Palm Springs.
Speaker 2: A little playing plug. Good luck getting in the lines of block around yeah, around the block. Yeah. But yeah, So I can only.
Speaker 1: Imagine I enjoy talking about the instant days, right, but you know, there comes a time where's like, Okay, I'm so overtelling that exact same story for the last twenty five years.
Speaker 2: So I get it.
Speaker 1: He probably gets a little like, Okay, there we go. There's another interview. I have to talk about everything. So let's see how long I go without saying the name. I look forward to hearing it, and I'm proud I still haven't said it. But not even not even in the intro here have I even brought it up.
Speaker 3: You know, I wanted to talk about the fact that you just recently hosted the the Grove Tree Lighting. Yeah, and this this they do it annually.
Speaker 2: It's the twenty third annual and you just got done hosting it.
Speaker 3: I saw it all from behind the scenes, got to help out a little with the script.
Speaker 2: But you were a great Drew was over there like, yeah, yeah, I was. I was really in between commercialaces. You ready for this? You want to try this one? Making changes on the fly?
Speaker 3: No, but but but what I realized was that that whole situation with the tree lighting was a huge which is a huge ordeal.
Speaker 2: They had like six or seven performances. Huge. I've never been to it.
Speaker 3: I lived in I live in Los Angeles since before the Grove's creating.
Speaker 2: I've never been to it before. It's the twenty third year it's been going on.
Speaker 1: And to me, because you know, I've been to this lighting before, because it is to me, the most beautiful Christmas tree lighting in the country. I've done Rockefeller, I've done all kinds of little towns out there. This one's special because Rick Caruso and his old Cruso team, they build beautiful spots. So if you've not been to the grove here in Los Angeles, Uh, there's the What Americana. Yeah, there's all these different malls they build a different properties at the Hills, Rosewood hotel in Santa Barbara, gorgeous hotels, over the top experiences and just really beautiful places of our family friendly.
Speaker 3: Well and they and they broadcast this thing all across the country on box stations all and they're broadcasting it over and over again. So this is what I'm saying, is like, not only was it Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Eve and all of that, but it's gonna be around Christmas again, Eve.
Speaker 2: And Christmas Day ever. You're all over the place. It's fun. It's really fun.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, after this experience, Uh, you know, I loved you know, obviously I love posting, and especially if it has anything to do with a holiday.
Speaker 2: So it really is kind of like my perfect gig.
Speaker 1: So I'm actually talking them about doing this again, maybe next year, but making making it bigger.
Speaker 2: I mean, this year was big.
Speaker 1: We had Ryan Tetter, Rachel Platten, uh, we had Schalea, we had the girl who won American Idol.
Speaker 3: I know, when once you started listing people, I was like, we don't have a list.
Speaker 2: In front of us were a lot of really it was great, beautiful.
Speaker 1: We had we had dancers that looked like the Rockets, but they weren't the rockets because we're in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Uh, it snows.
Speaker 1: One of the coolest How they get it to snow in Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: Spoiler, it's so so it's true. I know it is. I'm sorry to burst your bubble. It wasn't real snow. I knew it wasn't real snow. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I just taught you something like that snow would melt Los Angeles. And it's actual that it wasn't real. It was real snow, but I didn't know what it was. Okay, But here's the coolest thing about the show. Not only is it the Santa is a man. Okay, this is like the legit Santa people, Uh it was this one?
Speaker 2: Is this this is.
Speaker 1: The guy if you saw the Thanksgiving Day parade Macy's, yeah, that was him. Yeah, so this is the legit, the real one, all right, And we got him at this tree lighting ceremony. But you know what my favorite part was you singing No, it wasn't that part because that was like a karaoke moment. Next year, if I do this my real moment next year, I'm not going to do a little little sing along karaoke moment.
Speaker 2: Good, but you want to do something serious. It's Christmas.
Speaker 1: Christmas time is my thing because Christmas music it's for crooners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm a crooner. Yeah, you know, I get to use my basy voice.
Speaker 1: So this is this is my I was gonna say, this is my Christmas.
Speaker 2: It's my Christmas. I don't know. But what would you do? Would you do like fantasy Baby? No? No? Hello?
Speaker 1: Did we just go over to the fact that I'm a I know, but I Sinatra Dean Martin?
Speaker 2: Yes, like, oh yeah, you got to you know, fun Crome, Little Elvis come on. Okay, So yeah, so I think about anyway, the Drone show was the best. That was crazy.
Speaker 1: I've seen some drone shows on television before, but to see it in person, it was incredible. Well, how do I still understand how they can do this?
Speaker 3: Anyway, if you want to watch it, just search the twenty third annual the Grow Tree Lighting Celebration on your dirug TV or wherever you watch TV and you will be able to see mister Bass host the show.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: I mean, and again, next year, if I do this, we're not gonna wing it as much we there were, because we did have a good rehearsal the night before, but there were parts I didn't even know we're gonna happen, especially the ending. Yeah, I had we didn't rehearse the ending. I had no idea how the show was going to even end. Didn't know what I was supposed to say. And then all of a sudden, I'm on stage with this amazing choir and all the the artists come out and we're seeing Dry Carrey's you know whatever, her song, and I'm having the best time.
Speaker 2: I'm like, wait, I didn't I don't even know what to do, and we're supposed to light the tree. I don't really know how I was supposed to do that. Santa did it? Uh singing? I was supposed to end the show ended it a color. You should not be talking trash. You're gonna want this.
Speaker 1: Show, but this show is all about an insider information on how the television works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the show.
Speaker 3: I saw you on that stage when when everything was the fireworks going off, and you're kind of you you managed to sort of figure it out, like Okay, I can stand here, this is where I can hang, and so on.
Speaker 2: It's over.
Speaker 5: You know I'm going wrong and strong the run through went so long the night before that they didn't really tie up the loose end that is the ending, like one of the most important parts is definitely the ending.
Speaker 2: But somehow it worked. Magic. It was magical, well was it was Christmas matchic. It was Christmas magic. It was Christmas magic, all right.
Speaker 1: Before we get to Jalil, we do have to touch on Wicked because I haven't seen you guys in forever.
Speaker 2: Let's just say it.
Speaker 1: It's the best movie we've seen in a very very, very long time. And it's not a bandwagon thing. I don't care if you like musicals or not. You go see this movie. I dare you to say you don't like this movie.
Speaker 2: There's a trend.
Speaker 3: There's a trend on TikTok straight guys doing doing long soliloquies talking about their love of this musical that they don't like musicals in general, they don't whatever, And and they're like, you can scroll and see a bunch of straight guys talking about for some reason, and they act like Wicked just came out of nowhere, that it has have been around as a musical for twenty twenty years. They're like, what is this song defying gravity? This is my new workout song. Like you can scroll on TikTok and C Street.
Speaker 2: They say it's their new workouts. Yeah. No, last night I was scrolled. I'll start sending.
Speaker 1: One guy says on his way work Now, all straight guys, you're speaking for all straight guys telling you.
Speaker 3: There's a trend. It's crossing. It's a four quadrant movie. Okay, if you know the lingo and the business. We don't no one listening right now, everyone's four quadrant. Yeah, all right, anyway, it's incredible. Congratulations to everyone.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 1: But I've never told you this. This is gonna sound way more fuller than it is. But I shadow directed John cho once. What did you say a minute the director director? You shadow directed him or you were in his shadow learning how to direct same thing?
Speaker 2: No, well I don't think so, because one sounds like you taught him. No, no, nope, he taught me.
Speaker 4: Uh no.
Speaker 2: It was uh and it and it didn't even really dawn on me until last week. I'm like, wait a minute, I know, John Chu it was Step Up three.
Speaker 1: So our friend Adam Shankman, who you know, directs the first Step Up and like, I mean, all these major movies Step Up three and two, John Chu, he had an over the director directing, uh baton to John Chu. And so it was on Step Up three that I asked Adam Shaneman because I thought he was going to be directing, you know, these scenes. I was like, I would love to shadow you know, direct you, I mean, because I want to learn. I want to shadow him, I want to shoot you. I want to learn how to like do directing. And so when on set and it was John that he introduced me to. He's like, oh and so he like started teaching me all kinds of fun stuff. Only spent one day with him, so again it sounds way cooler than it was. Uh, but yeah, so we uh you know, I got to spit a whole day with him and like watched him do his thing on Step Up three, and he is a lovely, lovely man, he seems gets So go see the movie over to the other let's get let's get you a little oh and by the way, a little more shout out Ariana Grande and Cynthia Rigo. Oh so incredible. But I am so like a proud father of Ariana Grande because for as long as I've known her, She has talked about wanting to do Wicked. Originally actually Alphabet she always wanted to play off of.
Speaker 2: But but I'm like, you are good, Duck. You are good lind Duck.
Speaker 1: And for as long as I'm known her, she has been so obsessed with if they make this into the movie, I.
Speaker 2: Have to be in it.
Speaker 1: And she turned down so many roles just in case she would get this role. And it worked out and I'm so proud of it.
Speaker 2: It could not be a better part.
Speaker 1: All right, go to your little kitchen over there. We're gonna take a little break and we come back. We're gonna have the one only Jalil White and uh yeah, you know you.
Speaker 2: Know the game I'm playing with myself during this interview. I'm not gonna say it this guy, mister Jalil Wise, how's it going, buddy? What's going on? Shades? How you doing? We're gonna get my shit home? Hello? This is what we're doing, Helo.
Speaker 1: This is this is the first I'm doing the podcast outside. So yeah, you're gonna get shady lance today.
Speaker 2: Is this why we're doing? Nice? How have you been?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: I'm doing fantastic. Really, it's been an amazing year.
Speaker 1: For you, boy, Nice, Well, you know last time I saw you, I think we're at the UCLA Bruins game, the basketball game.
Speaker 2: Now you went to UCLA, didn't you graduated from there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I went to u c LA from ninety five to two thousand and one. It took me about six years.
Speaker 1: Nice, what attracted to do to u c l A. Of all the colleges you could go to, which.
Speaker 2: What was U c l A.
Speaker 4: My dad went to u c l A, and it really was only between U c l A and USC, and quite frankly, U c l A was also closer to work for me, so I could get to Warner Brothers more easily from UCLA. Just take the canyons and Leslie moved as Bill Cosby wrote my letters of recommendation.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. You know, I will my neighbor, you know, uh, my neighbor of Maryland. She's like she owns the neighborhood. You know, she's in her eighties. Like the first thing I knew when I moved in, she's like, you're coming to an u c l A game with me? And apparently she she graduated from USC but her when she married her husband, he's a big u c l A along and she had to denounce USC ordered for her.
Speaker 2: To So she's to that game that I saw you at.
Speaker 4: They take that serious. You know John Tercian who runs h Wood, Oh yeah, definitely right. Like I finally confronted him one day about this stuff, and I was like, you fundamentally dislike people who attended UCLA and he was like, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but do you need therapy? Therapy, dude. It happens all the time.
Speaker 1: I mean, especially like going back back in the day when like above Dublin's and all that. You know, growing up in la Ah Dublin's, but you know there was Pantera, Sara, you know who worked there, and if you didn't like what she liked, you're not getting in. It didn't matter who you were. If you weren't you know, if you didn't say n Synct was better than Bakshi Boys or Brett fab was the best quarterback of all time, you literally would not get into a club.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's uh LA is all about those common interests in common bonds and if you ain't coming.
Speaker 2: You out exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, it is the holidays right now. Happy holidays? Do you celebrate? Like what is your tradition for the holidays.
Speaker 4: Hell, yeah, celebrate the holidays, man. I married a woman a Greek family who is very They are very serious about the holidays. They take their holidays more serious than any family I have ever met. All of the children who are all grown, descend upon the family home and by carriage and horse drawn buggy decorated by her mom and uh. And we're there for about a week and we do everything from you know, Christmas Eve dinners to.
Speaker 2: I mean you name it, to your family.
Speaker 4: Workouts to the same Chinese restaurant we go to every year the night we land.
Speaker 2: I just love it. It's a great time for family.
Speaker 4: Uh, to appreciate family, kind of answer the phone a little less, you know what I'm saying, like check the emails less frequently, and just diving to helping out making pancakes with.
Speaker 2: My father in law in the mornings. And I love it. I'm such I'm such a holiday dude. Man. And watch movies too, like last year, and you never know what you end up watching.
Speaker 4: I remember last year we had the kids in the room and we were watching Thanksgiving the horror movie, and it was like, this is not appropriate for them at all. But somehow it feels very holiday.
Speaker 3: Julia, do you are you an open presence? By the way, I haven't met me yet, but I'm close to the.
Speaker 4: You know, I actually have to criticize Lands for that. What a terrible effing host. You've just been sitting here the entire time, like like you're waiting to take our order or something.
Speaker 2: Thank you for saying that.
Speaker 3: And you know what, it's finally it's time that somebody put Lance in his place on my behalf as my bad.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, sometimes I just think, you know, everyone that's been all the.
Speaker 4: Show that comes on in sunglasses, all right, he goes, hey man, sorry, I'm late. Good and just treat you like you're his handler.
Speaker 2: I know, but it's thirsty. You'll bring him something to drink.
Speaker 3: Well, that's true. I'm used to it though, But but no, I wanted to ask you. Are you a open presence on Christmas Eve?
Speaker 2: For Christmas Day? Family?
Speaker 4: We are definitely an open presence on Christmas Day family. I grew up as a kid opening my presence at midnight. My parents were very strict about that, so I would stay up until twelve oh one to get at my gifts. But now that My daughter is fifteen years old and she ain't caring about that. She gets up in the morning like everybody else. But but all the kids are up the other the my laws and that my cousin's kids.
Speaker 2: They're all up at like six am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember those days. We always do the one gift, you know, the night before you know, Christmas, do you.
Speaker 2: Do do the one gift.
Speaker 1: It's always, you know, especially when the parents pick it out. It's always like it's pajamas. It's always pajamas.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: I'm just happy I'm past the age of needing the toolbox as a father.
Speaker 2: That that hit me sideways. Like my daughter was like.
Speaker 4: Four and we unwrapped all this stuff and she's like yeah right, and then you start unopening opening something. You got all these instructions and freaking nuts and bolts. And my dad just goes to the garage and he comes back and he plants a toolbox in front of He's all right, get to work. And your child sits there and looks at you like you're somebody that she hired at outside of home depot who ain't working fast enough.
Speaker 2: You like yuppel.
Speaker 4: My day is trash, Like this is so happy to be past that those years.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, and I'm just getting started with that. See my kids they just turned three, so oh dude, they have no memories yet. So okay, yo yo, let me help you out, dog.
Speaker 4: Seriously, Like, if you have stuff that's gonna need to be put together, just take it out of the box now, start putting the crap together and then let them open the box, wrap the empty box and they'd be like, oh, and then you bring it out it's already put together.
Speaker 2: That is brilliant and I will be doing that for sure.
Speaker 4: Otherwise your Christmas is trash playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like being prepped. Like if you're if you're a cook, you know you love, you know, making food. It's all about the preparation. If you're slicing onions and you have people in the house and you have to have dinner on the table in an hour, it ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You've gotta be you got.
Speaker 4: Assistance, handyman, people that do stuff for us. Yeah, that all goes away Christmas morning on your own jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun. You know, now that the kids are three and they're starting to really kind of get what Christmas is, they now know who Santa Claus is?
Speaker 4: Who is Santa Claus? Who is Santa Claus?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: But it's you know, I feel I feel guilty, you know, because using Santa Claus is so great to really kind of like whip them into shape. They now get that, like, oh, I have to be good. Oh he's actually watching. Oh there's an elf on the shelf watching how we do. And there's something in me that feels a little guilty that I'm like kind of no, no, no kidding me.
Speaker 4: I wish I could go back to my daughter being three, four and five. Their minds are like plate on. You can just have fun with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And it's fun. It's fun to start those little traditions, you know.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: One tradition that we started last year is you know, we we we put wrapping paper all over like the entry to the living room where they're going to celebrate Christmas and Usenna came and so they get to bust through the wrapping paper like it's one big present.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we're trying little things here and there. So I don't know what's going to stick, but we're trying little things.
Speaker 4: Every year.
Speaker 2: It's going to change, that's all I'm gonna let you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're at that point now where they're not really asking for anything, and I have so much stuff still when they were born. I have presents that you know, people gave you when they were born that they couldn't even use until they're three, and it's just been sitting in the garage until now. So I have all these presents I got from three years ago that I'm just repurposing for Christmas because they're old enough to be able to use it now and they'll never know, so I don't really have to buy Christmas presents this year, which is amazing.
Speaker 4: Game making the people at home feel bad. And man, it's so rich. He's backloaded in Christmas presents.
Speaker 2: He's just go get some stuff off the show and wrapped it up for me. It's so rich.
Speaker 1: But every parent cann't understand when your kid is born and then someone gives you a gift that they can't use, so they're three years old, and like, what am I going to do with that right now?
Speaker 2: Well, now I know Christmas three years later. It happens in one of the guest bedrooms.
Speaker 3: But you know, I will say, because I was at a baby shower or two when the kids were, uh, we're about to come into the world lands. And I will say that even not just your baby shower, but other everybody gets lots of stuff or gets a handful of things, some of which is actually useful in.
Speaker 2: The beginning, and some of which isn't useful. So it's not just about being rich. It's also just you know, people are very.
Speaker 3: Generous when when you're having a kid, and I think it's kind of smart to kind of hold some of that stuff back and say, we ain't gonna use that right away. Let's let's just put it on the back burner. Let's put it on a shelf, and we'll wrap it in a few years when it makes sense. That's that's that's just that's thinking, that's thinking a little bit smart there for stimulation.
Speaker 4: The first two years of my daughter's life, I wasn't even completely aware of where her clothes came from. It was just like a closet materialized.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: The clothes is a whole other story, because they outgrow them every you know, two weeks and then I'll go into and there and I see this amazing, like I've never seen this, this is so great. I put it on and it doesn't fit. I'm like, well, I didn't get one use out one that was a waste. Yeah, you know, it's always, you know, always donate, always, you know, going on to the next there's so much wastefulness and like children's stuff, toys, clothes, so much waste.
Speaker 2: But I digress. All right, let's get into the good stuff, Jail.
Speaker 1: Now, you've done so much since family matters, and I'd like to know, like share one project or role that you were especially proud of that people might not immediately know about.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I love that question.
Speaker 4: Man, See that would come from a guy like you.
Speaker 2: You get it, you know what.
Speaker 4: Total Blackout was a show that I hosted in twenty twelve for the Sci Fi Channel and it was fantastic. It was honestly one of my favorite gigs just being a host of that show. We would put people in pitch black darkness. They couldn't even see their hand for time challenges like they'd have to guess the weight of crocodiles and stuff. They reach down there, they feel the tail, they freak out because it's pitch black darkness. And that was It's a fun, fun game, and I didn't realize that that actually kind of put me on a path for more hosting. It's taken a while to even get back to an opportunity that was the equivalent of that. I'm a host of Flip Side now, but you know, probably took about shoot, yeah, twelve years, so I did a lot of game shows in between.
Speaker 2: But Total Blackout I'm so proud of.
Speaker 4: And I just wish Freemantle and and Sci Fi had been able to come to terms that made sense because we didn't go away because people weren't watching. Everybody was watching, like we licked Twitter up. But I was doing Dancing with the Stars at the time, and everybody was like, what the hell are they doing to these people? They fell in love with the game show quick, but business stuff behind the scenes was tearing us down.
Speaker 2: So there's that. I'd have to say.
Speaker 4: Dream Girls was really special because of the size of the cast. You know, I remember the moment I met Jennifer Hudson in the in the makeup trailer, and she's this fresh faced girl that you know, was on American Idol, and I love how they try to take credit for what she did and Dream.
Speaker 2: Girls and they had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: But I knew when I saw her and the performed just once on the stead, I was like, oh, she gon't get nominated, and uh, you know, obviously blew all of our minds when she won. So that was really cool because I've never been on a set that powerful before.
Speaker 2: But those two jobs for me, like, you know, those were those were me getting my grind on and and you know, and the business kind of rewarded me a little bit. It is nice going to a set that, uh just has a budget. You know, you're like, oh, bro, bro.
Speaker 4: They had all the moneys, they had all the money, They had a separate base camp just for everybody's black mercedings.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You you you said something about trying to take credit for Jennifer Hudson, you know, and she was.
Speaker 2: She was still really fresh and new to the business at that point.
Speaker 3: And I wonder if you recognized that at because you saw versions of that maybe in your own life or in other young actors that were coming along, Like is that is that a typical kind of behavior that these executives come along and they try to own something that they have no business owning, such.
Speaker 2: As the talent that you're bringing to the situation or what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: You know, I just think it's about blombing onto what's hot and attached and what's trending, you know, and you know, maybe no just assigning yourself some undue credit quite frankly, where it's like, you know, she was on the show, she got eliminated, she didn't win, you know, and it was nice having a nice life and you know, looking for this very very needed character of Fie White in dream Girls, they discover this girl named. The producers of dream Girls, not American Idol, call and said, hey, we want to look out, you know, on this real get.
Speaker 2: Out of here.
Speaker 4: You know, she lands this plumb role that's getting a lot of pressed and of course the natural thing for American Island News we just covered her first.
Speaker 2: You know what it is, you know what it is to put it in fun of your terms.
Speaker 4: It's like when you're ex brags to everybody that they knew you after you win something really.
Speaker 2: Cool and oh no, oh no, I know him. Back years ago we dated.
Speaker 4: Inter just didn't work out.
Speaker 1: You know, I want to go back to like the hosting thing, because now people hosting game shows and they're all talking about it's the thing. You know, it's like this is like the thing to get, you know, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Hudson. I mean everyone's like just buying to do these talk shows and game shows.
Speaker 2: Really like back in our.
Speaker 1: Day, you know, the nineties, two thousands, that was down upon, like you would never even go out host a show like that.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that has changed? Why do you think that people now.
Speaker 1: Accept actors and musicians doing these roles of you know, of a hosting that would just normally go to, you know, a certified host.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, you know, you got to look past the manipulation. And you know, so when I say look past the manipulation, I'm saying like a lot of top tier A list actors, you know, award winning actors, they've been doing commercials and stuff for years, and and the smart ones, the slick ones, they would do them in Europe and Japan, they wouldn't do them here in America.
Speaker 2: But they pick up their bag.
Speaker 4: And once you get to a certain level of earnings, you know, there's certain things that you have to entertain that may not necessarily come with prestige. So I think what's happening with social media is now. The social media has created almost an even playing field for what is considered celebrity.
Speaker 2: I think you, all of.
Speaker 4: Us, are better off finding organic ways to connect with large audiences that serve our dignity and serve the audience. You know, what I love about my game show is like, look, I'm a father first, Guys like, I got a family, I gotta I got, you know, a fifteen year old daughter who's running me ragged with volleyball obligations.
Speaker 2: And you know, you know, I like make I like having fun online, you know, but I also.
Speaker 4: Don't like feeling like if I don't if I don't record myself cooking in my kitchen for TikTok, I'm not going to have a career. I don't want to feel I don't want to your freaking lands mask dog like.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to feel that way either, So, you know, begetting the jobs.
Speaker 4: That keep you in front of people, or at least a good audience of people where you don't feel like you're forcing them yourself on them. People love gang shows, bro, they love talk shows, and and so as times change, those just become ways that I think traditional media personalities can can remain visible working and our brains are fired.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense a little bit? It totally does.
Speaker 1: If you could design, you know, because all of us, you know, entertainers, we have dream projects. So I were like, I have this idea, but I have no one to really bring it to life. If you could design that dream project, if it's acting, directing, producing, whatever, it would be, what would that look like?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What what is your dream?
Speaker 4: I mean I have a couple of them, you know, one this darn book I just put out when they comes out, Growing Up Herkle, and I just I love the nineties man, like I have a real I just have a timeless crush on that decade. I feel like my entire life, I'm still chasing the summer of nineteen ninety five for multitude of reasons. Everybody asked me about reboot stuff, and I just it's not selfish at all.
Speaker 2: I just know the reality.
Speaker 4: I'm like me with Laura and some kid named Steve Erkle Junior is going to get the entire country.
Speaker 2: To watch once.
Speaker 4: Then they're going to go to comments and ready threads and stuff like that to say how terrible we are. Oh he doesn't sound the same, he's older, He doesn't even look the same in those type bands. And you know, I'm like, it's amazing to me in our business that because of social media, we get invited to ruin our lives, like by email every week, you know.
Speaker 2: So for me, the show that I think other people.
Speaker 4: Would enjoy that would benefit the children involved is us playing those kids working on a set making that show in the nineties and all of the things that happened that we collided with. You know, I was there at MTD rocking job the first time Marking Mark dropped his draws and I'm sitting there on the sideline like, yo, this guy's gonna get in so much trouble.
Speaker 2: Trouble. Next week he had a billboard on sunset and he was even more naked. He was right. I'm like, my childhood runs.
Speaker 4: Through that stuff like a train man. My graduation day of high school, ojay, We're driving right beneath the Bonaventure Hotel and everybody was rushing to the window to see this white Bronco pass by on my graduation day and I'm arguing with the bartender, can you please put on the Knicks versus Houston? And he's like, I'm sorry, everybody wants to see this.
Speaker 2: And it's like, who's gonna care about this? It's a stupid white truck.
Speaker 4: That's a great line of dialogue to put in, you know, a seventeen year old actor's mouth and make a really awesome family show that I think.
Speaker 2: Gives us the wonder years that we deserve, which more than nineties.
Speaker 4: So that's one dream project that I have a bunch like it that it doesn't just benefit me.
Speaker 2: I'm not even the star of that. A new kid is the star of that.
Speaker 4: But I think that kid would get invited to some award shows that I didn't get invited to.
Speaker 1: I love that idea, I think, and I think you should. Yeah, write it. Let's do this and we'll see this all.
Speaker 4: We'll see we started with the book, we'll see where that takes us.
Speaker 2: How was it writing this book?
Speaker 1: You know, I've written a couple of books now, and you know it's challenging. People don't understand how stressful it can be, especially when you have deadlines and all that.
Speaker 4: How the deadlines damn deadlines?
Speaker 2: Writing this book? You know that doubt?
Speaker 4: Wow, I can't ignore it because you brought it up. You know, writing with the deadlines are It's tough because it doesn't stop for life. And you know, when when life happens to you, you still have a lot of people screaming at you on email the next morning, like where is it?
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: The good news is that it it forces you to keep going. And I think that's really what life is all about. And that's partially actually what my book is all about. It's just perseverance and not everything's gonna go the way you wanted to go, and there's gonna go through entire years of your life where things ain't going the way you.
Speaker 3: Want it to go.
Speaker 4: And that can be really frustrating because you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. But boy, this year, man, I'm really experiencing a light at the end of the tunnel. Even my background, I made it space because Skeleton Crew came out this week and you know, we've waited two weeks for that. I mean, sorry, we've waited two years for that to to hit the hit the Disney Plus platform. Uh, And I'm so excited for I'm excited for those kids, like they're older, you know, the stars of the I'm like, yeah, they're they're dressed there. Our dressing rooms were next to each other, and uh, you know they're they're significantly older. But that was all delayed by pandemic and striketh. So you know, I don't know, I'm just more grateful now. But the writing the book man was very challenging with the dead, but I had a great editor and uh, and I just want to give everybody to feel the eighties and the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's lands.
Speaker 3: It feels like we maybe should option his book and start developing the show that he's talking about here.
Speaker 2: I feel we'll talk we'll talk about Well, I'm definitely team in sick.
Speaker 4: I'm just letting you know I'm team in Sick.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we wouldn't have you on here if you weren't you little I mean, I mean in your book also, I mean you must have great performers out there, you know, starting at you know, so young, uh, and growing up in the industry. What is that one piece of advice that you like to give young actors or anyone starting out business.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, be humble, but be aware.
Speaker 4: You know you got that, you got that guiding light inside of you that starts it starts rather laid inside when you know you're being treated a certain way, it doesn't feel right. But also, you know, be careful how you're treating other people because now we're really living in the age where I know I went out of my way to be kind to a lot of people because that was just always my natural nature anyway, So when I see in a random comment section.
Speaker 2: Then I met that guy at the mall in Orlando, and he was so cool.
Speaker 4: You know, that actually really warms my heart because we never would have thought that we would reach this zenith point where people that you had minimal contact with, you know, would have such a loud voice and in crafting who you really are and letting people other people to see who you really are. So be careful how you treat how you treat people. And uh, you know it's okay to be humble, you gotta be humble.
Speaker 2: But be aware.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it must be hard to stay grounded, you know, through the family and you've been in the public eye since you were a kid.
Speaker 2: What's uh, what's the one thing you do or keep in your life to stay ground.
Speaker 4: That partas my wife and my daughter are unimpressed by any aspect of celebrity pretending to me, it's just something that's probably holding us up going into a building or getting into a car. So they're they're unimpressed from that standpoint. I'm such a family guy at heart that everything I do is for them. I really believe the Lord gave me a daughter just to keep me going in the business. You know, without a family, I'd be in Columbia.
Speaker 2: Somewhere doing doing other things that I probably shouldn't be doing. But Plumbia is a fun country, by the way, it's a fun country. It's wonderful.
Speaker 4: That's a good but but with but with a family, man, I just I'm I'm so accountable.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I would never do anything to embarrass my daughter.
Speaker 2: I would never do anything to embarrass my wife. And uh you know it would It would break me like any guy. So yeah, and how old that she's seven?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: No, my daughter's fifteen.
Speaker 4: Playboy she fifteen?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Okay, so she is this generation that has rediscovered I heard.
Speaker 1: The T G I F World and the whole nineties explosion? Are you doing that from her and her friends that they're like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my daughter, I'm a mean to my daughter that maybe her friends might send to her to get on her nerves every now and then. My daughter was indoctrinated with with with with family matters when she was four years old by my mother over a couple of weekends, and.
Speaker 2: She had the Aircle doll and you.
Speaker 4: Know, it was cute for a few weekends. Then she got hooked on Fuller House. She was off of us, got hooked on Fuller House. Everything's generational. You're gonna see though, you know, lancing with your own kids like you know, they like, they love and like everything for six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they're honest, I'm new, it is true.
Speaker 1: I mean we're right now, we're on Gabby's dollhouse. Say you got one, but we're all all about Gabby. You know, two months ago it was all about Frozen. Before that it was Mawana.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yes, oh, don't get me started with Frozen. I can't listen. My daughter, as the year Frozen came out, it was blue dresses everywhere in the streets.
Speaker 2: Told me, I think it's the entire world right now.
Speaker 3: We consume things so quickly and then we move on and it's happening faster and faster and faster. It's hard to actually have some staying power. What's interesting is that you two do kind of represent some people that managed to sort of stay in the zeitgeist, which is a very hard thing to do over decades. And I'm not certain if it's something that's really going to happen as much, just because everything is so consumable and thrown.
Speaker 2: Away so quickly.
Speaker 1: Very interesting, though, I think we were maybe part of that last generation of entertainers that you know. I mean, it was a very finite amount of channels you could watch and shows you can watch. So I might look at Tral you had to be there. Everyone had to watch that show, and you had to look at those ten artists, and that was it.
Speaker 2: Now you have all these.
Speaker 1: Platforms for television and film and music, there's so much competition out there that it's hard to stand out. And yes, it just it keeps on going to the next. Look, we're all in a Wicked phase right now. Next week we probably won't even be talking about Wicked, and it's the biggest movie of all time right now. So it's just it's crazy that, you know, it's it's hard to stand out, but I think it does. I think we were lucky to be in that kind of last generation of entertainers that is very familiar with people because kind of everyone was forced to watch us like you had to.
Speaker 2: You had to watch us.
Speaker 4: Nostalgia's not going anywhere, Lance, So I'm very interested to know what will be the nostalgia for tomorrow. I'm curious, what do you think it will be?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 1: I mean, I have no idea because after the year two thousand, it all lived together for me, every decade was so specific.
Speaker 2: Then after two thousand, it's like, I don't know where.
Speaker 1: Katie Perry began and Taylor Swift and uh, Sabrina the Carpenter. It's just like, I don't all it all blends in like I would say, Sabrina Carpenter came out two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: I had no idea they lens together. Yeah, Uh, you know we do.
Speaker 1: I feel like we have uh you know, we're part of this family, you know, this kind of like late nineties, early two thousands family of entertainers. Uh, you know, and every time I run into people like yourself, you know, we kind of have this kind of bond, you know, and I love that. And one bond that I always find is the Dancing with the Stars show.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: It's something that no one will understand how freaking hard that was unless you were on that show. And I've never had such a family like I. I haven't met half the contestants on that show, but if I saw them on the streets, I'd be like, give them the biggest hug, be like I know, I know, you know God.
Speaker 2: So how is your experience on that show? And do you feel the same, did you you feel like are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: The you know, Dancing with the Stars? I have a chapter on in my book. How can I ignore it? Be a hypocriticf I ignored it. I lost sixteen pounds during that show, and it wasn't a particularly fun period in my life because I was going through a lot of custody stuff with my daughter, and unfortunately that show was weaponized against me and in family court. So you know, that's again something that you would only be able to empathize with if you understand what family court is. I don't know anyone. Family cord lands on your butt like a freaking house on Dorothy's feet in os and you just deal with it and you get yourself out of the hole. So but as the show itself, it's just I came prepared to dance. I'm like, I'm an athlete, I'm gonna figure this out.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna dance.
Speaker 4: And the show is about so much more than just dancing. It's really it's really the greatest reality show that's ever been on American TV. And understanding how to film a good package for that week and then but get your reps in and get your rest. Also because you're filming, spending more time filming your package than you are rehearsing, And that was really frustrating for me because I'm like, i don't mind being here as many hours as I'm gonna be, but the audience at home thinks I'm rehearsing and I'm not. I'm like, when can we rehearse? So that was really freaking me out behind the scenes because I'm a big rehearsal and repetition guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I agree.
Speaker 1: That's what I always complained about, was, you know, those packages you have to to record, they show up your house at six in the morning because that's the only time you really have. You're so tired, and they're constantly like cooking at you, like wanting you to say something, you know, to show some drama or whatever. And then there'll be moments I'm so tired of you, like, listen, what do you want me to say?
Speaker 2: I'll sell tell me what you want me to say. So yah whoa yep.
Speaker 4: When I go in, especially the day after interview, after you you perform and they sit you in the room with the black cloth and everything, and they're feeding you questions, but really they're feeding you answers.
Speaker 2: I was just, you know, I just I just felt beaten.
Speaker 4: Down and I'm just like, guys, I don't want to I don't want to argue with anybody more, just telling what you want me to say. And then like literally the girl behind which just she would say she would give a question and then she would say, well you could say something like and then I would just basically say everything that after like back to her and we do this for over an hour, and I'm like, that was I hated the interview portions though after you performed because they were just so inauthentic. They wanted what they wanted to cut what they wanted. And you know, I'm not bashing the show. I'm just giving the reality of what we go through. And the show has been in enough cycles that people need to know that. You know, it's say, everything is coming out of our mouths on that show isn't necessarily what we want to say or how we're really feeling. But you know, the one thing I can say is all the dancers are incredible, Like they are really that good at what they do, and that's really cool to see.
Speaker 2: You I'm close and personal.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so intimidating to be around people that are so good. It's like, oh my gosh, I feel inferior, like this.
Speaker 2: Is Oh yeah, I mean it was.
Speaker 4: I mean, but again, like so I was brought on the show when they when they when they when they bring you on the show, they bring you on the show for a character reason, and they thought that I would be like there for comic relief. Yeah, and you know, hey, I always be light and funny whatever, because that's just you know, who I try to be. But I'm not Andy Dick. I'm not flopping around all over the floor like a fish, you know. I'm I'm pretty coordinated, dude. I love sports. And so when I wasn't turning out to be that character, me like, well, we already have our hunks and our guys did with our shirts saw we need him to be this. They found that a bit frustrated, and so they took my storyline in certain places that I didn't necessarily find so comfortable, and I had to just I was dancing for my survival, and I remember it. He was like Week one was my favorite dance and Week five was my second favorite dance. I did the Cha cha and it was the reason why Week five was my favorite was because Kim Johnson and I got to go to New York because I had to do press patrola blackout, and so we were alone in New York City and they rented out a dance hall for us to rehearse, and we were like superstars. Wherever we went, all these women who were fans of the shows were just like, you know, oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know they had to tape up.
Speaker 4: Our room, our rehearsal room and everything. But it gave Kim and I a chance to just get away from the somewhat manipulative ways of filming that package and just be in New York rehearsing, having dinners, getting better. And when we got on that plane, we were like an NFL football team showing up to Whoop somebody you know on a road game, and that was great, man, it was. It was my favorite two weeks with Week one to five.
Speaker 3: You know, I have a background in producing reality TV, and I actually I had to get out of it because I did not like being on the other side of those interviews that you're talking about Jillille. And you know, I often thought as a person, especially who has like background in writing and scripts and those kinds of things, I often thought reality TV is the is the idea that you're getting that you're that you're documenting real behavior. But in reality, what you're trying to do is you're trying to stitch together a narrative, you know, utilizing sound bites from people.
Speaker 1: And that's where people don't realize. It's like, you know, scripted and unscripted. Right, script there's a script, you stick to it done. Unscripted is you shoot it and then you write it after. So you take these sellvis and then you write the show after.
Speaker 4: So it's funny you guys bring this up though, because I really feel like legally shows like that should not even be allowed to be marketed as reality TV. For your mental health, I think people should know this is scripted this is unscripted. Now you draw your conclusions based on that, but to but to tell younger people, a younger generation of people, oh, this is reality TV. This is real you're telling me, you're selling me, this is real life. This is authentic. And I think legally that that I would be satisfied enough if that change ever took place, because you're not getting rid of the medium, and the medium has a space and it belongs there. The Bachelor and all these shows whatever, they're going to be there, and people love them. That's fine, but you have to remind people. It's almost kind of like you know, when you buy a pack of cigarettes. Uh, this is what happens, though. We just got to remind you enjoy yourself with the Surgeon General says.
Speaker 1: And you know, the repercussions for the people starring in it, and especially people that weren't entertainers that get into unscripted that you know, they don't know what they're getting into, and then all of a sudden, these storylines are created around them about something they might have said here but they didn't really mean that. But they know that they're going to get to that six episodes in and then they'll be you know everything we rectified, but that person has to really live in the real world and have to deal with people coming up to them thinking a certain way about them that wasn't even true. I mean it really affects their real life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's hard. Three would you ever do reality? I don't think I would ever do reality. Well, here's here's the one exception.
Speaker 3: Maybe my partner and I would do like Amazing Race or something like that, just so that we could travel all around the world.
Speaker 2: And do that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: But but I think I, well, I know that I would know going in that you know what, they're gonna stitch this together. There a million different ways. I get a free trip, I get an experience that I'll never ever have again. They get their show, and I need to be able to just live with that. I think that's about it.
Speaker 1: I think Amazing Race is pretty much the only show that I think would be fun to do, you know, just go and travel around. I love My Big Brothers, my favorite show of all time. I would never do that show.
Speaker 2: That it's your favorite show.
Speaker 1: That's why I know twenty four to seven, you are on camera and you're gonna say some dump that is gonna get you in trouble, you know, in order to get and taken our car, there's no way. So I feel like something like Amazing Race. There's so much going on that, you know, they couldn't really manipulate you that much, and it would just be fun to do. Jalil, is there a game show that you would like to do?
Speaker 2: Like any kind of game show from Will Fortune to Amazing Race? What's your show?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: I mean I crushed Family fewd So I took my family on Family Few and I got the highest score ever on Family Few with one hundred and ninety one in the bonus round. So my my aunt all she needed was nine points to win and joint.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait wait wait you got one ninety one in fast money. Yeah, I got one. Let's compare that to my experience. I got all the number one answers.
Speaker 1: So I go on Family Few with my family, which we think we're really good practice. We're going against Kelly Pickler. I'm like, we got this, Jalil, zero points, the whole entire zero z. It was the most embarrassing and the answers were so stupid. I'm like, that doesn't even make sense. I answered the better you had a chance to win it. It was crazy, but yeah, Zra, I.
Speaker 3: Mean you guys did have you definitely had a couple that were like, well that that is really a wild, wild way to answer that question.
Speaker 1: There was a few.
Speaker 2: There was a few that I was like, what happened there?
Speaker 4: I get that on flip side sometimes, to trust me, I get some real head scratches, And as the host.
Speaker 2: I got to be like, all right, better nuts next time, I just can you can you tell us? Can you tell us a little bit about flip side? Because I love game shows.
Speaker 4: So flip side we asked one question to one group of people, let's say flight attendants, and then we asked the flip side of that question to the opposite group of people, and that would be like passengers. And it's always gonna be some type of tenilating and provocating question, you know, like what's the most annoying thing that that flight attendants do before the plane takes off? You know, make you put your seat up, make you buckle up, or you know, make you put things in front of your chair, in front of your seat in front of you. Which which one do you think is the top answer that people pulled and uh, and then after that we have a dish or that round.
Speaker 2: That's my face.
Speaker 4: That's as easy as just our Cheetos and Doritos and Chick fil A or Popeye's. And whoever moves on from that round goes onto our bonus round. Just totally easy. One question, ten possible answers. Got to pick the top five. Before you get three strikes, we give you ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Clipside. That would be fun. I love that. See those are the games I enjoy. And speaking of this of that, let's play a little this or that with you right now? What's up? They hit me? Let's throw something at you? Basketball or football? Oh? Basketball? To play football? To watch okay? Good? Stand up comedy or sitcoms. Oh, stay up comedy okay.
Speaker 1: Voice acting or on screen acting on screen acting okay. Nineties fashion or modern trends ninety fashion okay.
Speaker 2: Holidays at home or travel abroad boom, holidays at home okay.
Speaker 1: Playing a hero or a villain a villain, yeah, Reading books or listening to audiobooks.
Speaker 2: Listening to audio books okay. Attending live sports or watching at home? Mm hmmm, how good are my seats? Yeah? You got a box at so fun attending. Do you get to go to a lot of games here in Los Angeles?
Speaker 4: I go to a lot of games. I go to a lot of Chargers games in particular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I do the Chargers games too.
Speaker 3: I was with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people, just a couple of weekends ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's always like a lot of fun group they I don't know, they always put a bunch of people together, and I feel like it's always like nineties people together because I had some of your co stars and tailing matters and they're like, but it was fun.
Speaker 4: Well you didn't see me because my seats were better.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Hosting a game show or in a drama boom. I mean we talked about mount of times hosted again show.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then the last one classic cars are modern vehicles? Classic cars? All right? Sweet? Okay, see you are good at this, this or that in it i'd I score. That's literally, that's get that's the third round for flip side. Just lifted it from my show. Great, we could have invented the show, Drew, Yeah, you could have done it. The only difference is we put you on a clock for thirty seconds. That's my problem.
Speaker 1: I don't like any shows where there's a ticking clock. I go crazy, like I'm not thinking of anything except the ticking clock. I did h when Watch You Are My God?
Speaker 2: Who is it? Who wants to be a millionaire?
Speaker 1: Came in and they did like the first one where they had like different celebrities come in and do a whole week of that, and they had the fastest fingers, which they don't even do anymore. I couldn't even get past the fastest fingers because I just that the clicking. No, no, I'm just freaking out.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 2: I need time to think. I need some time.
Speaker 4: Let you cool, dude, you know what I'm saying. Cool do to wear shades on podcasts?
Speaker 2: You know they can't be rushed. Yeah, thank you. Let's play a little game before we have to say goodbye. So I got I got a game. It's called the Mash Game, not the match game. And you two are gonna be contestants again like Mash where you do like mansion Apartment shot. I'll let you know. I'll let you know.
Speaker 3: Give you a clue that combines two ideas, one from pulp culture and one from everyday life into a single phrase. Your job is to figure out the mashup. For example, if I said a boxing champion and an ice cream flavor perfect for travel, the answer would be.
Speaker 2: Rocky Road. True God, Okay, this is gonna be hard. All right, let's see how shop sharp your pop culture brains are. Here we go. Let's see this one. Here's a good one.
Speaker 3: A web slinging superhero hero and a cozy spot.
Speaker 2: For a bear or Batman, spider cave, spider.
Speaker 3: Cave and a coach spot for bears. Go ca, Well, what's the what's the spider Man cave? There you go, spider Man cave Man cave.
Speaker 4: Spider Man ca goy it man? K Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Here's one.
Speaker 3: Here's one Julil, a fast food burger and a late wrapper known for his self care.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I need to be high to answer this stuff.
Speaker 2: Guys, this is.
Speaker 4: No a fast food burger, fast food burger, whopper double doube. Well, what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Big Mac?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: And then a rapper known for his hit self care.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Mac, it's Mac something, Big Mac Miller, Matt Miller.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be a tough one like you should have gotten that, you should have jumped in on him from the music bass.
Speaker 3: Come on last, All right, here's another one. Here's another one. A rocket man and an unidentified male. Oh Stranger, Elton Stranger, Elton Elton, rocket Man. Okay, Oh Elton do John John Doe Elton, John Doe. There you John Doe, Elton, John Doe Elton, John Doe.
Speaker 2: Okay, come on now, A.
Speaker 3: Controversial rapper and a Broadway musical about rival gangs.
Speaker 4: Well, then, first of all, that's that's west Side story.
Speaker 3: Aye, west Side story. So that's the answer. That is Kanye West, Kanye West. I didn't even get the West part.
Speaker 2: Wow. You know these games never go well, they never know Well, I'm telling.
Speaker 4: You, Drew, it's it's it's really hard to come up with games that just click and and everybody can catch all. We have to stop our game to explain things, and all of a sudden, like they'll start asking me questions certain contests.
Speaker 2: Like oh, legal and illegal.
Speaker 4: Legal guys come out and have to start talking these contestants.
Speaker 2: It's not easy. You know.
Speaker 3: That's really interesting, you say. I. I've been on a couple of game shows and the amount of stopping. You know, you think that these shows just flow and that it's just gameplay. No contestants will sit there, stop the game, make make mistakes.
Speaker 2: And you're right.
Speaker 3: There's all these standards and practices regards to game shows that you.
Speaker 4: Cannot Oh man, as a host, I'll get tricked and we'll start. I'll start, you know, getting along with some some contestants. We're having a little chet and I realize, oh, they're walking me into legal deep waters with their questions.
Speaker 2: And then they'll be like, please step away. We're gonna send it legal.
Speaker 1: When it's about money, there's some major rules. Do you want me to just give us one more?
Speaker 2: Okay? Come on, cause that Kanye Westwood made me mad. We should have got that.
Speaker 3: You should be able to get this. An NBA legend and a director known forget out.
Speaker 2: Oh okay. So it's like, oh, Michael Jordan Jordan Pill, Michael Jordan Peel got that together. I like that ending for sure.
Speaker 4: It's the mashup.
Speaker 2: I like that awesome. Well, well, jlil, it was so great to catch up with you, my man.
Speaker 1: Please tell everyone how they can stay in touch with you, how they can watch the shows, how they can get your book give us the rundown.
Speaker 4: Yes, Growing Up Eurkle is available on all book buying platforms Amazon, Barnes, and Noble. Just and go to my Instagram. Actually a white click on the link. It's right there.
Speaker 2: I do the audio.
Speaker 4: So a lot of you.
Speaker 2: I know you don't want to be bothered reading all those pages. I'll read them to you.
Speaker 4: Thank you to anybody who has purchased my book. It means a lot to me, each and every person. I just see you different. It's a different accomplishment in the literary world. And check out scaling them through on Disney Plus and have a happy holidays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thank you. So you're amazing. You're a great person. You're an amazing father. And hey, yeah, wait to talk to you again. We'll get together next year. We'll have to have it back on the show.
Speaker 2: But in the meantime, have the best Christmas with your family and give them money.
Speaker 4: I'm run to you six times a year, and the more I run into you than the more I know my career is popping.
Speaker 2: All right, Jela, thank you so much. Man. We'll talk to you later. Hi you doc Hi.
Speaker 1: That's all the show we have for you today. Thanks so much for listening out there. Everyone, have a great holiday, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza uh hankkah now is I think the twenty six this year, so it's right after Christmas and happy New Year all that good stuff. Be good to each other, don't drink and drive, take care of those animals, and yeah, until next.
Speaker 2: Time, Save Frosted.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Follow us on Instagram at Frosted Tips.
Speaker 1: With Lance and Michael Turzinari and at lance Beast for all your pop culture needs
Speaker 3: And make sure to write u review and leave us five stars six if you can see you next time