Speaker 1: Coming up on a Get Loud podcast. Look, well, look, we'll.
Speaker 2: Look back at the game. We have to. We have to, and we're also going to look back at the season and we're gonna look at that as well.
Speaker 1: What's next, TEIs will Oh, that's the offseason.
Speaker 3: The off season, and you never want it is to Get Loud podcast for everybody see Geek the Official check any partner of the Washington Commanders, Red Smooth Michael Jenkins.
Speaker 2: I know I'm hurt. I know the fan base hurts. But it's a good.
Speaker 4: Pain because to feel this pain, you had to get to the NFC Championship.
Speaker 2: Like to feel this pain.
Speaker 4: You have to have a winning season. To feel this pain, you have to have a Rookie of the year at quarterback. To feel this pay you had to win fourteen games in the season, which hasn't been done here and never I think, like since seventy seven fourteen games, fourteen games, ninety one.
Speaker 2: Ninety one.
Speaker 4: So it's like, this is a privilege to feel this, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Jenks, No, it's tough.
Speaker 1: Because when you when you're in it and you think you can win.
Speaker 2: Because I thought we were gonna win.
Speaker 1: I believe that I know this team believe that it's you got to give it a little time and kind of let the hurt sink in and then kind of fade, and then you can say, but also, we won four games last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been this was a hell of the ride.
Speaker 4: I want to start off and think the ownership head coach's players, Adam p The.
Speaker 2: Hell of a ride you've taken us on this year, very unexpected. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When you say here going a rebel, which coach said it wasn't. No rebuial, re recalibrating. Well, when you see a recalibration, you think, okay, let's be patient. Yes, And I got to ask you this question. Jinks were calibrating this quick? Have they set the bar too?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 4: I don't, But you know what, maybe because you gotta realize next year you're gonna have a first play schedule.
Speaker 1: And also it's hard. Look, winning in the NFL is very hard, is very hard. Going to back to back championship games is hard. Yeah, I'm not saying it can't be done. I just think that the big picture is something you have to keep in mind. In perspective base this is one of the greatest turnarounds ever in NFL history.
Speaker 2: That's not exaggeration.
Speaker 4: But they've seen it happen two years in a row. They've seen the Texans do it with a new coach, new quarterback.
Speaker 2: We thought c J. Scraud was we never see this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ups come Dan Quenn coach queen in Jedi five. Yeah, and they break it even more, they break it wide open. So now that the standards are here, what's the realistic standards?
Speaker 1: I think the standard is now is that this is a perennial playoff team, right, This is a perennial playoff team with a chance every year to get in the tournament, to get in the tournament and go all the way.
Speaker 2: So now not just a tournament team with a tournament threat. Before before it was can we get it the playoffs? Ye, can get the tournament.
Speaker 4: Then we used to get in the tournament be like yeah, this is probably last week exactly like we want to done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Probably, But now I think it's we got that guy, and I think we got that guy. Come on, watching the second game yesterday, watching Kansas City versus the Buffalo Bills, I feel so bad for Josh got because he's in that Peyton man in window you remember Peyton was stuck and get paid.
Speaker 2: He just had Tom right there, just one person.
Speaker 4: That's all Peyton needs to be was one person, while you had Brett Farv and the rest of these guys Gallivan and over here in the NFC.
Speaker 2: He could not get passed that dude.
Speaker 4: And it seems like with Josh Allen, Patrick, Mahone, Jess, the.
Speaker 1: Chiefs are always and it's Here's the thing I was talking about this earlier, is that there's a reason why that when you talk about Lamar Jackson, you're trying to get off topic here, and he has at that narrative that Okay, he doesn't get done the postseason, but that doesn't belong to Josh Allen, because Josh Allen plays high level football no matter what game. It's just that the Chiefs are always a little bit better. Patrick has maybe a little bit better, the teams better. Andy Reid is one of the best to ever do it.
Speaker 2: Haven't you learned? Just don't give him the ball?
Speaker 4: Last, Like, at what point do you game plan for him not to touch the ball. I'm sitting here watching this game and I'm like, I've seen this before. And the one thing I lived by Patrick Mahome all regular season.
Speaker 2: He goes the whole.
Speaker 4: Season as a strictly pocket pass right playoff start, and all I see is him wading down the side right all the time. He like, I'm a timely unleash these weapons, and it's just unbelievable to watch him continue to play at such a high level.
Speaker 2: But early pickings, Now I'm a bad man. I think Philly winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I mean they're looking yesterday. And I do want to say more thing about Chiefs, their little secret sauces. They have a top five defense and have had a top five defense the last two seasons.
Speaker 2: Another thing Buffalo doesn't have.
Speaker 1: I know, we focus on ma Homes and he's great, Andy Reid, but that is a complete Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Chris Jones, Mississippi State World. He takes over the play. He's as good as he gets, good as he gets right there.
Speaker 4: So, But like I said, if I'm a bad man, I think Philly has the most complete roster.
Speaker 2: Well, we saw that on display against the Commanders.
Speaker 1: On paper, we knew Philly had more talent, right, Yeah, I mean that was that was the case.
Speaker 2: The Mohart.
Speaker 1: Yes, this team had had come together and had the right, attitude had the better mentality. But we knew if you're going to turn the ball over four times against Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: He turned over one time, right.
Speaker 1: I know what happened early in the seas when Jentlemen is out there was a whole five turnovers and all that. But in the playoffs, the one thing the Commanders had not done up until this point was turnover the football.
Speaker 2: And that'll just that'll be Jane hurts his props.
Speaker 4: He came out, he bawled. I should have knew he was gonna ball when he pulled up. I should have known then it was gonna be a violent game for us. I'm gonna tell you when I knew, I was like, damn, we might lose the game. When I saw Nick Foles in the stands, Oh big Nick. When I saw Nick, I was like, the last time Nick was in this stadium, they won.
Speaker 2: He had that magical year. Man.
Speaker 4: Listen like, this shows you that it's about getting hot at the right time. And I thought we was the team that was hot at the right time, and then the Philadelphia seemed to be limping in. Yeah, but it just shows that we got a couple of more holes in this roster.
Speaker 2: That don't need to be filled. We just need to upgrade.
Speaker 4: Then we need we need a higher elevied talent in certain places. But it was a great indication of where we trying to get and where we at. We played a team that's in a Super Bowl woman, and we just starting to lift the wind to.
Speaker 2: Down yep, right, so it's it's right there. I thought Jalen two was.
Speaker 1: I thought he was gonna We talked about whether or not he was going to be one hundred percent or not. We didn't know the health of that need that is they they did because he had designed runs. He was all over the place. He looked as good as he's looked.
Speaker 2: A trick as all.
Speaker 4: He might wear a brace, that's what they lead to the men he sure did. He won't one that practice. Listen, this mass he's been limited. This yeah, limited, It.
Speaker 2: Didn't looked limited to me. He rushs for three testdowns? Right? And what can I say about Saquon bark that ain't no already been Listen, he's special.
Speaker 4: Like the best thing we got going for is right now? Jaque is what twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Like? He's going to get old.
Speaker 4: It's the only the only thing that's working in our favor, right, Yeah, that he's eventually going to get old.
Speaker 2: Like other than that, it is sickening.
Speaker 1: Do you think we're gonna see it? Feels like this is It's always been a big ribbery. It's no questions the NFC East. But doesn't it feel like now it's the start that it is the start of a more intensive like few years because Philly and.
Speaker 4: DC, because it can only be a rival when both teams win exactly all right, now they're seeing us and we look like a younger, hippo version of them. All right, y'all gotta running quarterback they can throw. We gotta throwing quarterback that can run, y'all Like we our office line. We're starting to build that young office line. Were starting to get that tool kit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet you.
Speaker 4: When Philly looks at it, they say, y all right, for the next ten years, Washington's gonna be, Yeah, we gotta be. It ain't the Cowboys, it ain't the Giants, it ain't the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: It's washed.
Speaker 4: How your dms doing right now? My dms are sick like Philadelphia fans. I don't know what's wrong with y'all. Do y'all not know how to love do y'all have y'all never got loved on? Are y'all just prohibited? Valid people?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with y'all?
Speaker 4: Like for some people to take the time they took out to come in my DMS with some of the stuff that they said. I'm like, my god, y'all been glad that I'm just so callous to it because I played in the league. But come on, like, what do you want me to because say you want me to last back out? Oh yeah, I refuse to last back out. But I've got people like, don't you ever speak on Philadelphia?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with y'all? At one point? Is it just a game?
Speaker 5: At what point is it just sports? Like you can't let that be your life? It ain't that serious? Jinx, Well that's what I'm like.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you're projecting because whatever's going on with you is not good. Look, I understand I get passionate too, but I would I have never would never be like it's time for me to go online right now and tom someone.
Speaker 4: No, you know what, I remember what Fred Smooth said a week ago. I'm finna go attack him. Matter of fact, I'm antack him with a whole synopsis. Why he ain't nothing.
Speaker 2: I was like, what are you doing? Come humans? Be human?
Speaker 4: That's all I ask Philadelphia fans. Fan is short for fanatic. Just because you're a fan, you don't have to be a fanatic, all right. And just because you're a fan, don't give you ownership in that team, all right, you don't have You don't have to get it tattooed on you.
Speaker 2: And after you get it tattooed on you, you still don't own those steaks in this team.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: All right, this is a zapple jigs. Let's reverse the script.
Speaker 4: Let's say we beat Philadelphia fifty five to twenty three. Okay, our fans would have left out of their indignity.
Speaker 2: That's right. We have a very dictified fan base, not seyety fan base.
Speaker 3: Yes not.
Speaker 1: Our fans would have said, tipping the cap, good serious, this good effort today, handshake, good luck, moving forward, We'll see you next year, we says.
Speaker 2: Of luck. Not like these dudes.
Speaker 4: These dudes are vile, yes, like, and then I think one of my dms was from like a twelve year old.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was like, how you even on?
Speaker 1: I g.
Speaker 2: I'm practicing Philly fan I'm ready for that, Like, my God, take my job. So it's just it's vile, but it don't bother me.
Speaker 4: Like I'm literally at home last night at like eleven o'clock having me a drink reading these dims and I am laughing, like they just.
Speaker 2: Showed you what type of idiot? I am, like, I can laugh it off.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I know these people can't be this serious, And I was like, maybe they wanted me to be sad.
Speaker 2: They want you to react in a way that makes them feel like they got to you. I'm never gonna do that. You're the NFL quarterback like just I mean, like Twitter doesn't bother me.
Speaker 4: Gen doesn't bother me, because I know most of y'all won't even say it to my that's the truth.
Speaker 2: You won't say it to my faith.
Speaker 4: So I'm not gonna stupid level to your level and come back at you, because guess what you win If I come back at you, all you're gonna say for the dick five years I got.
Speaker 2: On the fredh smooth skin. Look at the DM he sent me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, show it to everybody, short to everybody. So if you want to, you want to d M me, you got something to say to me, save to smoke what I'm saying, I block you.
Speaker 4: I can got the time, I can take it. You can take That's fine, man. Like my feelings don't hurt because I ain't got none.
Speaker 2: I'll be upset. I'll be like, listen, somebody this guy want to stadium.
Speaker 4: Doesn't like and be like, you know, Jinks, you're not that good on the radio. Plus your hair you're terrible. You know it looks awful. But you get a haircut the stylus, you will probably lose your mind. I probably would, don't.
Speaker 2: You gotta be build emotionally sturdier than that. I know, man, I'm see. That's why we're a good balance. I'm a lover, man, I'm lovering this show.
Speaker 4: You know, sometime lover's gotta fight for what they That is true, that's all. And one thing I got to say is Philly is a fighting fan base.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 4: I had to say some of the disturbing stuff I seen last night on social media, and it's.
Speaker 2: Here by the way, Oh hi, sorry everyone.
Speaker 4: When it comes to Philadelphia, did you see the dude with the grocery cart with the roasty pig on it. I did not see that it was a grocery cart. He put Choco's at the bottom. He made this middle part so you can see the fire burnie and he put the pig on top and he's roasting the pig.
Speaker 1: I saw the dude climb what the phone pole? The phone pole and had a book like he was a j Brown had the book upside down.
Speaker 4: Yes, Philadelphia, it's Philly for you. So we happy y'all go into the super Bowl for the sick time three years.
Speaker 2: You know, still got one trophy.
Speaker 1: You know, Well, let's give our own commanders and fops here because when we take a look at the big picture, and I know everyone, I am not saying, just for the record, there are no moral victories.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you can both things can be true.
Speaker 4: You could be upset about the loss and also a passion about the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's that's a.
Speaker 1: Hard thing to reconcile when you're sort of in you know, it takes a wall to come out of that fog.
Speaker 4: Well, Jinks, is only two teams left, That's what I mean. Before this weekend started was fourteen four. Man if we was in the final four. So, man, if you want to talk about right there. Yeah, Like, I know some people wish.
Speaker 2: We could have woke up this morning and be like, I can't believe it were going to.
Speaker 4: The super Bowl exactly exactly, But guess what, it's all right though it happens.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about what we saw the season.
Speaker 1: Dan Quinn most wins in his first year as a head coach in Washington history, first conference championship game since nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of fans out there you've never seen anything like that. JD five, Jedi five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most touchdowns and yardage ever by a rookie quarterback. And the thing that gets me is we had more playoff wins as many playoff wins one season. Yeah, this season as we experienced in the last twenty four previous seasons.
Speaker 2: So while it hurts, this has been one hell of a year by any mass And didn't.
Speaker 4: You think about the ride that these youngsters has taken us on. We started off the year with a dud and temple bounce back with a five six field goal game against New York then like so the season started to take its shape right then. Then the trip to Cincinnati to introduce the world to Jade Daniels like, so we've had these Come on, we won the last six games on the last player of the game.
Speaker 2: This has been one of the most exciting years of all time.
Speaker 4: Like one thing I could say this year revitalized a fan base.
Speaker 2: And we got respect around the world.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say that, because before, if you'd said I'm a Washington fan, you have gotten a shrug. Even day Quinn talked about that, it was like, you're just dismissed. It's not even worthy of a conversation. And now you told people, oh, yeah, I'm a Commander's fan, I represent DC.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, oh, you guys got something. Yeah, I got we America's new team.
Speaker 4: Like we got America's new I found more people pulling for Washington this weekend than any other team that was in the playoffs. Yeah, we became America's darling. Like people wanted to get on it. Slow that bus down, let me, Like, people wanted to be a fan of this team. It's unbelievable what these kids have done when it comes to this city. It's so funny how sports, when it's going good like this, people treat people a little better.
Speaker 2: I'm so shocked at how it makes people discasalvanizes at.
Speaker 4: It makes people disposition a little bit more relaxed and not as tensions.
Speaker 2: The only people made with cowboy fans. That was it.
Speaker 1: And you know in twenty twenty five theres all sorts of division for different reasons. But when you have a team that every one can get behind.
Speaker 2: A unifier, he brings everyone together.
Speaker 1: Everyone's got that in common, and especially this city, which has such a rich history, to finally have that team come around and start doing big things again passive for the Sirea.
Speaker 2: I can say it was massive for the city.
Speaker 4: And it also gave us the youth movement back, like I haven't seen so many kids ripping the commanders in decades. So it was a lot done this year to restore the mistique of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: And I think the one guy I'm happy for more than anyone, thank.
Speaker 3: You is you?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Jason, You and Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 1: Listen, because what a good dude, as everyone says, hell of a player, better person.
Speaker 2: And he before j E. Five had gone through ten different quarterbacks and not saying not one word, didn't say a thing.
Speaker 4: I didn't see him reading the Bible on the sideline. I didn't see him. I didn't see him being a deva, right, just work pale whoever my quarterbacks so be it. He very Centana Moss in that way. Yeah, and you got to appreciate that. And now that he got a quarterback because if people always was asking the question is he a true number one? How do we know unless I give him a true number one quarterback? Right now, you give him a quarterback. And he turned the league upside down just causing the fact that's the reason I didn't play wide receiver too dependent. Yeah, Like, not only the guy do I got depend on the quarterback? I need to depend on the officive line. Really, I need to depend on the office of coordinator to call the play, to throw it to me. It's just so many, so much dependency. That's why I wanted to be Like this wide receiver was so dominant. He only don't it because he had one hundred and fifty tries to burn us this year likely fifty cat to mean attempts, Like, how do you know this guy not good? He only had twenty attempts this year? Like, so it's one of them positions. Once you get the roll in that it. If you get some luck and have a quarterback, you could be a Jerry Rice. But most of the time you don't become Jerry right, because it's just all the things don't line up for you.
Speaker 1: And if you need any proof that, Tam mccloyd just always kept it on the level. Just a few weeks ago, A J. Brown was unhappy with the Eagles and these dudes were winning games handle or fists, but he wasn't getting the.
Speaker 2: Ball of yet. And he's got Jalen Hurts' quarter.
Speaker 4: And this this diva Tendencys and its finest. We're winning, but but I'm not getting money to get my right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so fun. I guess you're a team player.
Speaker 1: I guess guys want to hear from you. Seven o three seven two six seven four one nine. The jingle has been popping.
Speaker 2: Husband's a Bangerwes.
Speaker 1: Also you hear Anna Andna I have to ask a question. Yeah, people want to know because I'm not responsible for this. Anna, when are you going to be on camera? People want to see you.
Speaker 6: Oh, I know, TVD, TVD. I'm still still TVD. What if I have a bad hair day? Like these are things I think about.
Speaker 2: And then well Jinks never has a bad hat. You have to come on screen and compare him to be ready.
Speaker 6: You know, maybe maybe one day, I don't know. It's not out of the question.
Speaker 2: It's not out of the question, the possibility you got to do your first read today anyway, I do.
Speaker 6: I do have an ad read today, spreading the wealth here. Sweet.
Speaker 2: We'll have Cayla kind of like I know, eventually.
Speaker 6: We'll have Kayla doing an average I know. I love it when Keyla gets a shout out, it is much deserved.
Speaker 2: She kills it. She keeps yes.
Speaker 6: Fred and Kayla's laughing in the control room right now. She's like, you are ridiculous. You should see look on her face right now. Keep she saves us today. We don't deserve away.
Speaker 2: Attached to it, saying she keeps us together.
Speaker 7: People.
Speaker 6: Fred will walk in and he'll like compliment you, and you're like, what did what's wrong here? Because normally you're a trash talker, and that's it's a good thing. It's an affectionate trash talk so when it's actually nice, Yeah, you're trying to get into our heads.
Speaker 2: See, I thought you said like she keeps it together, like she's barely holding up saying she keeps us to give.
Speaker 6: She does, that's true.
Speaker 4: Find she can't come in and say nothing, am not coming in like fresh fresh kicks, fresh shoes.
Speaker 2: Leaves come in from now and to go fresh kicks. Yeah shoes. They'd be like, oh, what's wrong with my shoes?
Speaker 6: Something feels off. I'll just I'll just say it something feels off.
Speaker 1: At three before one nine, or you can email us Washington get loud at gmail dot com.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, keep sending your emails, guys, we appreciate them. I'm trying to figure out what to do because you guys are always sending us cool fan art or your man caves slash fan to see it all.
Speaker 2: All the things that we might need to rank the man Cave.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm thinking, or like fan or something, because people just send so much creative stuff.
Speaker 4: People are sending your man cave and tell you who's really the royalty of man Cave is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we get Washington inspired songs all the time. So thanks guys for sending your stuff. We appreciate it. And we're we're currently thinking of boys too.
Speaker 2: I slept with my left hand up last night, even.
Speaker 6: Though it's a true true supporter. Yeah, I got you, all right, So we'll do We'll do two voicemails now and then hit some commercials and then we'll hit the rest of our voicemails. So be sure to stick around, guys.
Speaker 7: Fred Jinks is Willy from Sensus counting Man.
Speaker 2: Willy will blows uh first.
Speaker 7: I gotta said, man, great season.
Speaker 8: We definitely saying the expectation this year.
Speaker 2: I like the direction we're.
Speaker 9: Going in with dan Quinn and his staff.
Speaker 2: Open Cliff and.
Speaker 8: Your Witch team continues to build the offense and the defense.
Speaker 7: It definitely hurts.
Speaker 8: But me, as a long living Bergland gold red and Man's washing a football team fan, I've seen, oh my god, what haven't I've seen.
Speaker 7: Hap for his team and we just ran into a bus all to night. Great learning experience for the.
Speaker 8: Coaching staff, the owners, the players, everybody. But fely new this is gonna be a battle for the next fifteen years.
Speaker 7: Heir to the commanders.
Speaker 2: Willie smelled the field. I was gonna say, you know, Willie, Willie smelled the field up.
Speaker 7: His name.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Listen, you know that's my nickname, Willie Smith to Phil he's on it from you. Yes, sir, my homeboy that called did. That's why he did that because he knew y'au was gonna say so, because it'd been my cold name Willie Smith the phizzil.
Speaker 2: You have a check into a hotel with a fake name Willie Smith the zeil one. Is there a friend Smith here? No, no, nicko Willie Smith. He's right here, sir. Yeah, we got to here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we his name in here.
Speaker 2: Just come mat, I mean, you're right, Willie Rachel buzz Saw. That's all right, but for the long terms.
Speaker 4: Already and they play off window in the Super Bowl windor right, yeaw our window just starting?
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, Okay, next one. Sorry, I realized one of the voicemails got deleted, so I'm just gonna move on to the next one. I know it's from our friend, see Michael Henson who wrote our jingle, So shout out to him. Sorry deleted, but shout out thank you for leaving your voicemails every week. Okay, next person. You guys know how this goes.
Speaker 7: Then Jenks calling long before the game happens. So gone for two reasons. One, thank you regardless of what happens in the game. For all the great vibes this year. And second of all, I'm just kind of curious why.
Speaker 9: And says there's no online evidence of your Heisman campaign because you type in Fred Smooth for Heisman. The first thing that pops up is an article about memorable Heisman campaigns featuring probably the greatest fopot quote of all time, which is water cover seventy percent of the earth. Freds Smooth covers the rest.
Speaker 7: So I'm not sure why she's acting like it's not on the internet.
Speaker 9: Fred, don't let her lie to you.
Speaker 7: HiT's right there.
Speaker 9: First thing that pops up on Google, and other than that, Hills and Commanders, this is Riley from Cleveland.
Speaker 2: By the way, thanks for your great work all year from Cleveland. That's why didn't pop up.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Brian, yes, yes, yes, this one a f and keeping it real goes right because he understood the challenge.
Speaker 2: He understood that Hanna just went around at that time. Okay, when I was young.
Speaker 6: I defend myself here. This is what I have to say. As a journalism major at the University of Colorado, esteemed.
Speaker 1: The junior university, worst academic societies and club.
Speaker 6: You have to cite your sources Okay, I saw that same article and then I proceeded to look up more information in fred I'm sorry there was nothing else there.
Speaker 2: It was nineteen nine, two thousand.
Speaker 6: The internet really.
Speaker 2: Things down then. The internet was fairly new.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: I also asked members of my library club, and no one else could find another verifying source.
Speaker 4: Friend, but I was being college at that time. Yeah, yeah, Santana remembered it. People remembered it. Back in my day, you had to use the Dewey deskines. That what I'm talking about. We went to the Playboy American thing. I wanted the best players there.
Speaker 2: Maybe All America was a big thing back then. Yeah, what are you talking?
Speaker 4: You could.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying I didn't see anything enough on the Internet, and that's why I said no. But that being said, I would have been very excited for you to be in the running.
Speaker 4: From the beginning of the Internet, information was at a low. You had to actually read it out of incyclopedia. You know what the psycopedia is.
Speaker 6: Of course I do.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking you had to go to a Geocity site. Yeah, find the result.
Speaker 4: I remember the acquire knowledge you had, the extra professor. You remember that maybe you referenced An.
Speaker 2: Almond that I was just somewhat.
Speaker 6: I will say I would have taken me forever to write papers if I wasn't living.
Speaker 4: In the same the last paper, let GPT switch a few work, you know, do it now with the future? AI like how they're going to assigned homework when I could go home and ex alexa.
Speaker 1: I know they have to have programs in software that is integrated that can decipher whether or not you've used an a program in order to write they hide out.
Speaker 6: While I was there too, they were always like checking for plagiarism and yeah, they have tons of that software. It's impressive.
Speaker 2: It's obleik future I truly.
Speaker 6: Truly, truly well so anyway, Smooper Heisman, yeah maybe, yeah, maybe I doubt you.
Speaker 4: Friday, I noticed sw Springs was never up for the Heisman, That's true. The only people in here London Fletcher, Big Bubble. He wasn't up for the hide The only two people it was on this team we got it was up for the Hive. It's me in Santanna m true true, I love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll have to bring Sean onto the show soon. We'll have to bring it.
Speaker 2: You'll pay some bills.
Speaker 6: I'll kick it off.
Speaker 2: I'll kick it off the pay right.
Speaker 6: The Getloud podcast is brought to you by Bet three sixty five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with the Bet three sixty five app. Craft your own personalized bet slip with parlay, access thousands of games with live streaming. Place your bet before the match, or bet during the game. It's up to you. Download the Bet three sixty five app today and join eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler. Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Colorado TOLDO Prime Time for no reason.
Speaker 4: In Colorado, you got Texas in Mississippi State Academics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I never got to buy that much.
Speaker 4: WAA. We don't travel to escape life. We traveled so life.
Speaker 2: Don't escape us. We dream of any place in the world, and then the blink of our we're there. That's the wonder flight.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is decide where to Dudes International Airport. Let your imagination, sword book your adventure today at Flydulles dot com slash none stop. And I just thought I was gonna meet a stampede of Washington Commanders fans in Dulles International Airport next week as we went down to the Super Bowl together, as we heard it down there all right. Now, when this season started, I dreamed of a beltway battle, that's Baltimore versus Washington.
Speaker 2: Yep. I never would have thought that Washington got closer than Baltimore. I would not have guessed that.
Speaker 4: So this just shows you how enlightening this season was. Like any bid man would it said, No, the Railers ain't the one that they are rebuilding, No way they can make it to the NFC Championship.
Speaker 1: Also, isn't there a beltway in Baltimore too? Like don't they called the Battle of the belt Ways because Baltimore has a belt way?
Speaker 2: Say it's the DC beat they got six ninety five. Yeah, yeah, I guess it is.
Speaker 4: But our belt ways connect through ninety five correct, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And like I think when it.
Speaker 4: Comes down to the closest cities to have NFL teams, we are the two to have two stands to be right, different teams in different cities. So we're not talking about the New York Giants New York Jets. Yeah, that's yeah, we're not talking about that, We're talking about two different cities. Yeah, we're the closest. Yeah, it has to be out of everybody or l A. Well not because La to La Teas. It ain't like it's La and San burn A Vegas. No, Vegas ain't close to La.
Speaker 6: Houston Dallas.
Speaker 5: Dallas is actually like three and as too far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been saying that is Houston.
Speaker 6: How far is Jacksonville from Okay, I'm sorry, I first.
Speaker 4: Train Jacksonville is closer to Tampa, but yeah, Stey Baltimore is closer to Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: Then then then Tampa and Jacksonville. Sorry, how far is it from Mobile to Anchorage? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Where am I right?
Speaker 2: Right now? I'm trying to get on that as soon as I can. So moving forward, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of salary cap money next season, some positions that certainly need to be a field or tightened.
Speaker 2: Up plus million. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Put it like this, and I think this is why coach Quinn was kind of hurt yesterday because he understands no team, no matter what year it is, it's ever the same team. That's right, meaning personnel wise, it's gonna be some upgrades, might be some downgrades, might.
Speaker 2: Be a youth moving in up you'll keep everybody you just don't. You can't keep everybody you don't want to be the same team.
Speaker 4: Uh So it's them things where you and The best thing we could have took away from that Philadelphia game is it was a measuring stick game to show us that we got some room to go. We got some places to grow in. But I like to say I don't like to go and say what we ain't got. I like to talk about what we do get. We find out we got a playoff coach, we got a franchise playoff quarterback.
Speaker 2: Uh we got a left tackle, we got a number one.
Speaker 4: Receiver, we got linebackers, we got special teams, we got pieces.
Speaker 2: Now where do we need to be upgraded? I would say.
Speaker 4: You need some more dynamic players on the offense. I think to really unleash Terry. Yeah, you're gonna need to kind of do what they do in Philadelphia. Even though they got aj Brown, they got Devontae Smifts.
Speaker 2: So we as a.
Speaker 1: Defense, can God say what if you gave I mean, I know turning some if you give Jaden some help that what I'm saying, God, So.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, when you got a full plate like they have, I have to play generic on defense. When you have a play that has its main course and his untrained right here, I can put all attention to Terry. Who else gonna beat me? So getting Terry a running mate, you gotta ask yourself, do I want to be more dynamic in the in the offensive backfield? Because you saw what a Sa Kwon Barkley can do. You've seen what a Jamir Gibbs can do to an offense. So you got to ask yourself, do I want to get dynamic there? You're getting We're getting a little long in the tooth, even though Ertz had a living catches. Yeah, you know, you gotta ask yourself about the tight end position. So it's questions to be answered. Sam cost me. You don't know when you're getting him back. Yeah, gotta get some more line depth. So it was a it was a It was a gut check that says, on your way, still got more build thing to do.
Speaker 1: I think the thing I'm most excited about is just the mentality here, which I know may seem like an obvious thing.
Speaker 2: To say, but you can.
Speaker 1: Tell listening to those guys after the game and knowing that they've all bought in, like they know, like, all right, we could have had this, we gave it away based on turning the football.
Speaker 2: We've got something. Well, no, we're gonna carry this in the next year because we know what we can do.
Speaker 1: And sometimes it's that motivator that pushes you to the next level once you bring a new talent.
Speaker 2: We've seen this time and time again.
Speaker 4: The upstart group gets hot, goes on the run, get beat by the person that's in the championship. Wonder, you got to get there to taste the NFC Championship before you can get to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Like we did what we got. We got a taste of how it feels, and they don't like it.
Speaker 4: It tastes foul in their mouth because they lost. They feel like they let a lot of people down. They raised a lot of us up, all right. They raised a fan base from the dead. They rejuvenated a fan base. They've done great things. They they exceeded their expectations to the level nobody will have thought of.
Speaker 2: But now that they got a taste, they gonna want more and more. Him more.
Speaker 4: And now you got to understand Jaden is gonna need help to beat a team like that, Like you can't go in there and play a perfect game with a team like that, because that's what you have.
Speaker 2: To do with the Boston we have.
Speaker 1: And also you have JD five, Like you have a quarterback who is already an elite quarterback in the NFCU quarterback quarter NFC will only get better. And I hear a lot of people and I don't really like the comparison, say, well, this is like c J.
Speaker 4: Stroud, he took a step back. I think they're different quarterbacks, and a lot of them personally thinks CJ took a step back. I just think he put the boss so yeah, like rebound into that bar.
Speaker 2: This is what we do, all right?
Speaker 4: Did people say Pat Mahomes took a took a step back this year because.
Speaker 1: It's that show and the season was compared to previous seasons, not because he set the boss.
Speaker 4: So high, right, But this is actually to him his best season because he felt like he had to get out and good check wins the whole O year to get here.
Speaker 2: So what what scale are you going on? A grain on? Like CJ? Scrab I don't think they just loaded the table.
Speaker 4: They said, all right, we got a young quarterback, let's go get and then guess what everybody got hurt?
Speaker 2: Right, Like the main thing you loaded up on wide receiver.
Speaker 4: He ended up having one guy when the year was over with the team with more players available at this time of year usually wins the game. Philadelphia came in there with a full dick. Like everybody was there. I mean, this is their time, this is their one though. It is this is their one though. We just tried to creep in that window and crack it, but no, this was their window.
Speaker 1: What is it like when I mean, whether it's college pro, whatever it is, when you've had a season where you have that disappointment and you have to live with that during the off season, Like, how much does that motivate you to.
Speaker 2: Keep it going and to be better?
Speaker 4: That pain motivates Honger motivates the reason a lot of us here because of wont to. Like you wake up every day as a young child wanting to be in the league. Think about that. You wake up every day as a nine year old just yearning to be in the league, knowing you got ten more years of just period development. Everything you got to do for the next ten years, it has to be for free, and it has to be for a dream, meaning the dream might not happen. So after you go through getting up every day living that life and one that when you get a taste of something like that, it only rewires you the same way to go back that year and say, whatever I did last year and much wasn't good enough.
Speaker 2: I need to add something else.
Speaker 4: So it makes you self check, It makes you self evaluate, It makes you say, what.
Speaker 2: Could I have done in that NFC championship game?
Speaker 4: Like Marshall Lattimo will be like that this offseason of pain because he couldn't play.
Speaker 2: Would be like, could I make a difference in this game? Could I have help us win this game? John Now?
Speaker 4: Like so everybody be pouring the finger at theyself saying what else could I have done?
Speaker 1: And dirego that that what drive you in officin and even Jayden himself, you know he cursed and apologized for Cursor, but he was saying, like, for a guy who's always so poised, you could tell pain, You could tell how hurt he.
Speaker 4: Was, and that he never wants to be in that situation and guess what, It's only one way not to be in that situation, and that's the win. Like you can see it in Josh Allen's voice, like I just felt for Josh, like felt for because I'm like he in that Peyton man in Wonda, he and that Peyton man in Wonder to Tom Brady and Peyton.
Speaker 2: You remember Peyton couldn't get over that hump. It was like it wasn't his fault. It was like Peyton was just.
Speaker 5: It just I can't beat him, Like he's like, I know he playing against my defense, but I just can't figure.
Speaker 2: So people been here.
Speaker 4: It's like basically, golfers that played in the Dynasty of Tiger, it ain't that you wasn't good, right.
Speaker 2: It's just played in the wrong era. It's just like if you played with Michael Joyce.
Speaker 1: It's gonna say, like think about the jazz teams back in the day, Patrick like.
Speaker 2: Charles Barkley would have a ring.
Speaker 1: But it's like, right, it's like, but I can't get past this dude and this team and by the way, one of the greatest dynasties ever. And even if the Chiefs lose the Super Bowl, we'll talk about the Super Bowl the second. They're already known as a dynasty when you went back to back Super Bowls. When you have the level of success they've had, that is a dynasty in the National Football League. Is Josh Allen just happens to be going up against dynasty just like Peyton Manning dead?
Speaker 4: Is this seven consecutive AFC championships any sure?
Speaker 2: Is now remarkable?
Speaker 4: One was with Alex Smith, right, yeah, when Patrick was on the bitch when they drafted and did start him, Alex made it to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he made it to the AFC Championship. I don't remember, honestly. It's just unbelievable. It's right, what they're doing is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Because you would have thought, especially the last couple of years, the AFC has had the quarterbacks, right, yes, right, they've had the quarterbacks, and you would have thought, if not Josh Allen, Lamar, if not Lamar, like somebody can't be bow knicks, right, you would have thought somebody would have threatened Patrick Mahone's supremacy by then.
Speaker 1: But it's Andy Reid and like once' That's the thing too, is that Andy Reid is such a great head coach and was so close in Philly. Remember that used to be the narrative with him. He can't get over the hump, he can't win it. He can't win it. But when you have a Hall of fame head coach and a Hall of Fame quarterback, same thing with Belichick and Brady, like.
Speaker 2: That mind meld that they have marriage. Oh man, that's just really tough to break through. No, it is when you have.
Speaker 4: That's why they say it's this is the ultimate team sport. Like, that's the best thing we got working for us right now. We got top of the line GM, top of the line head coach, top of the line quarterback.
Speaker 2: That gives us a chance to win any season, no doubt, any season. Go pay some.
Speaker 1: Bills, then we'll talk about Super Bowl a little bit before we get you out of here.
Speaker 2: Commanders fans, well, the season might.
Speaker 1: Be over, but Seek is here to help in every single way you can experience all the action in any sport. They make it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of every single celebration this season. It doesn't matter if you're buying or selling tickets to Commanders football games.
Speaker 2: Because the next season is going to be here before you know it, or any other live event in the DC area.
Speaker 1: See Geek is the place to do it, the official primary ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders the most disruptive idea and ticketing a ticket that works, expect the expected.
Speaker 2: Seek Geek and I read it next time. I'll take a break sept my.
Speaker 4: Coffee, yeah, you know, take it away. We had a big discussion about should I coffee be a thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are out coffee.
Speaker 6: You're a hater. Fred.
Speaker 4: I like coffee the proper way, Like I don't know if I'm you know, I'm like the English and I like my earl a certain way.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying, blowder smooth. I like coffee. Put the folges in my cup. Like you're being all high fliving your coffee. I'd like some folges.
Speaker 4: It's nothing like walking into a wild wire and shmelling that coffee.
Speaker 2: You got to say, oh yeah, come on now, walking into a sheets and that coffee over there, you get the burger, the monster. How do people walk up there?
Speaker 4: Like anytime I'm in there and people are like, yeah, give me an iced coffee, I'll be like.
Speaker 2: First of all, if my coffee gets cool. I don't want it no more.
Speaker 4: I want it because it's hot. It's zesty. It says aroma, say get up and go your butt to work. This is what that one cup of coffee says. That cool cup of coffee said, you've been up. You've been up for a while. That's me and I've been sitting on the shelf over here. Oh and I should not be drunking any one.
Speaker 1: See I get up around four ish every morning, right, yeah, do a show, and it's always hot coffee.
Speaker 2: I gotta have, howk I'm not gonna have start my day with ice coffee? Like I like I smell the all is ice coffee needed?
Speaker 1: Because when my day is over, I'm like, I gotta go do this pod with friend smooth. I need extra caffeine, but an extra it's a reda. I just got an extra shot of Espress. But like, I gotta keep going normally. I'm napping right now.
Speaker 4: Even the ice getting coffee and don't know there like why, I just it's no cold.
Speaker 2: You tried like different types of ice coffee.
Speaker 4: Though I have never tried ice coffee. It's an oxymoor run. It's one of those things that if you say it out loud. You're like, don't you like me saying, you know what, jinks, I'm going to the dry water park this weekend.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, you're such a grandpa. Grandpa, a water park.
Speaker 1: Is win, right, But if you haven't tried it, you know this runs me. This is like the iPhone android argument, because I have an Android.
Speaker 2: I got both. I got both.
Speaker 1: And you would be amazed at the number of people who have had an iPhone for so long that they can't imagine another phone can do the same thing.
Speaker 2: I had someone say to me, can your phone? Can you text pictures? I'm like, what are you out of your mind?
Speaker 1: I was at the doctor and the girl walks in and she, you know, puts up the whatever it is, the little checkout thing, and so I tapped my phone, tapped to pay.
Speaker 2: She goes, wow, it's really cool you have that on your phone.
Speaker 9: I was like, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Do you think this? Is this a BlackBerry? Like?
Speaker 1: You going but it's like but I was like, I bet you've never had a different phone, so you can't fathom what it might be like.
Speaker 2: We're the generation that has sidekicks. Oh the psyekic was hot. Yeah, phone yeah, like we the generation that has seen it. Oh, we are vc R. Do you know what a VCR is?
Speaker 6: Then that's that's a video that's a video like videotape like what that you have to put it in the video.
Speaker 1: Video cassette recorder's and that's a video video.
Speaker 2: That's a tape thing you know in the in the player.
Speaker 6: That's not a DVD.
Speaker 4: This was a little we used to have a rewinded he stacked up on the wall. It was like it was like a thing to show off your collection. Oh yeah, but now everything fits in.
Speaker 6: I had like VCR when I was little Andy, Like I remember when Blu Ray became a thing. I feel like I got a little bit of the VCR I did.
Speaker 4: I just think you was living in the woods in Colorado or your dad and they had to give you something.
Speaker 2: The hard mom was cutting her hand. Yeah, like I don't even care. Come on in here, random damn supposed to have been ours. Oh my god, it's supposed to be our. Here we go.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to have been the Hours. But now it's Philadelphia, Kansas City. And this is something I have always done because I played majority No, I played my whole career in the NFC.
Speaker 2: I never played for AFC team, so anytime.
Speaker 4: A team goes from the NFC, I used the cheer for the NFC, and if it's the NFC East team, which is our division, our cheer for this division because we are the only division in football that every team has a Super Bowl trophy. We're the only division in football that has that claim to fame. And now the only team with just one Super Bowl, which is the Philadelphia Eagas. While they talk so much trash, you would think they've been the crown jewel. You only got one super Bowl, all right. I want them to get their second Super Bowl. I don't want to see the three pete happy. I love dynasties. I grew up doing the joy in Dynasty, the Tiger Woods Dynasty, the Magic Johnson.
Speaker 2: I love Dynasty's. I don't want this one to be it.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know. I don't know if I can share for either team because I feel like I'll start the game we were like, all right, I hate the Eagles. I want the Chiefs to win and then they'll cut away to like Taylor Swift with their buddies for like the eightieth time.
Speaker 2: Why do I got to take something of the Texas about Taylor Swift. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Then they'll and then I'll be like, all right, fine, I'll cheer for the Eagles. They'll cut away to some maniac fan. He'll be like punching a baby or something crazy.
Speaker 2: But they'd been women football fans that hate Taylor Swift. I don't get it. Well, I don't hate Taylor Swift.
Speaker 7: No me neither.
Speaker 2: I hate saturation of anything. It's why the same thing with the Chiefs, like I don't have any real reasons.
Speaker 4: And we were having this conversation about their relationship when they first started, and people were like, it ain't real, and I was like, it's real.
Speaker 2: It's real. So you're on board with the whole Kelsey Swift marriage.
Speaker 7: Yes I am.
Speaker 4: I'm boy witty. What's wrong with that? People being happy? Like, think about this, For the first time in Taylor swift life. Not only does she get some sense of being a regular person, she not always on the spot no more because Trev gone a lot of attention to so like last night she hit the game, it's all about Trail. Now she gets to share her life with a person that brings normalcy to her.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you're a swifty. I'm not a swifty. I'm a people person. I'm not for I would never wish any well.
Speaker 1: I hope they're happy, but any saturation of anything like it's the same thing with the Chiefs, Like I said the same thing about Patrick Mahomes, Like I'm tired of hearing that voice, and I'm tired I'm seeing that face like I want something else to see. Like it's not a hatred personally or wishing ill will, it's just that it's just like when the Patriots were winning all the time, I was tired of looking at Tom Brady's handsome face all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and jesse L too.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is when it comes to Swift, because of her popularity and her success, we have seen success send people into solitude.
Speaker 2: You've seen what it did to Michael.
Speaker 4: Jackson, seeing what it did the Prince not true, they couldn't come outside, man, And to see her.
Speaker 2: Look at bubbles where is heself? And Florida by himself.
Speaker 4: So what I'm saying is to see her with some normalcy I applauded, and to see him happy, and to see her happy what's wrong with it.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with them being happy.
Speaker 1: I'm not suggesting that, although you mad, you make a good point about being famous and living in solitude. Like I saw it was on YouTube is an interview with Lady Gaga and she was somebody asked her about not being able to go out any longer because of her fame, just to walk around, and she started crying and she was like, I just I just miss people, Like I just I just can't go around and just be a normal person to have security after have detail. There are cameras everywhere, and she was very sincerely. She was just kind of caught her off growd, like I just missed people, and she was crying. I was like, with fame comes the price, there's no question, and what I still take it, Yes, but.
Speaker 4: Guess what So when I see people with just over the top fame and them still having normal That's why I like Jedi five for him to be put up on a pedestine.
Speaker 2: Hears if you come around here, you will never know it.
Speaker 4: You will never know it. He don't give off that HIGHLFE quarterback vibe. He give out I'm just a dude. And Trev Kelsey is just a dude. Jason Kelsey has shown you I'm just a dude. I'm just sexy and chunky. Like I love that Mama Kelsey. She the whole Mama city of Kansas City right now. So I enjoy that. And for Taylor to be alone for this ride in this very popular family, I'm sure she feels like one of the gang instead of the game.
Speaker 2: She feels like a person.
Speaker 4: And I don't know why females hate so much that Taylor swifts at the game. Is I'm like, I get ticks out of time. Why is Taylor there because other people are there? Do you not see mcconaugheye that I game? Do you not see people that I game? Come on, man, apploud people when they happy. Man, this is how I know it's the off season. Man, the off season is full of fact.
Speaker 6: I just get tired, Travis.
Speaker 2: I just get tired of people being Debbie downers. That's what I.
Speaker 4: Like to poor, for people to be happy, because I think happiness is the best if you want the best out of people in Americas.
Speaker 2: And whoever happy is the way I am. I love to love, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm not gonna hate on someone just because they're experiencing happiness.
Speaker 2: Like that's that's the worst.
Speaker 1: That's the most miserable existence you can live, is to make yourself feel better by demeaning someone else because they're happy for no real reason.
Speaker 2: I guess what we see kill joys all the time. I refuse to be one.
Speaker 4: So onwark with the Taylor Swift story, I'm just saying, as much as I hate the city of Philadelphia, but you're you're cheer for Philly. I won't feel it to win because I want the NFC East to win. Yeah, all right, so I'm going for Philadelphia, all right.
Speaker 2: A J.
Speaker 4: Brown is a Mississippi boy, all right, So I got you know. It's reasons why. Yeah, it's reasons why.
Speaker 2: I feel like I don't know what I'm gonna do, man, I gotta think about it. I just Eagles fans are going to be insufferable. They already insufferable, Like, come on, some of the stuff they like.
Speaker 1: I think I'm cheer for the Chiefs because, look, I've talked some Chiefs fans.
Speaker 2: And look, chief fans are nice fans.
Speaker 1: They are nice fans, but at least they don't have to be around they start winning a lot, you know what it is, which I'd be the same way. Look, if you're winning a lot, you got to ride that out and enjoy that as much as you can.
Speaker 2: So I get it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just don't want enough the championship to go to the AFC either. So that's what I'm saying, NFC for life. So therefore that's what it is. I'm with the blue team, not the red.
Speaker 2: But blue. Yeah, NFC is blueing Oh okay, okay, I got dropped to the Eagles. I was like, Oh, you're with the logo NFC is blue in the Pro Bowl. I gotcha. That's a good call, man. You got me on. Now look at that Sea You're blue. I'm read.
Speaker 4: Look at this.
Speaker 2: This is what I'm saying. All right, that's gonna do? What to get left? Podcast presented by Sea Kick. That's my guy for ITTT Smooth. I'm Michael Jenkins actually being with this. Okay, I great week.
Speaker 1: You see. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.