Speaker 1: What's up, friends, and welcome into Leading Off right here on Fantasy Pros. I'm Chris Welch. That is Casey Bubba. We are here for you on a baseball Friday to get your prep for not only today this weekend, but next week as well. And Leading Off is brought to you by our friends over at Bet three sixty five, where you can bet five dollars get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Sign up today, download the app, check it out. Use promo code leading Off. That's promo code leading Off at Bet three sixty five. If you get a gambling problem called one eight hundred bets off or one eight hundred gambler. Terms and conditions apply. Casey Bubba back in the house for us rocking some good bets.
Speaker 2: Last week.
Speaker 1: We got a few that are going to be coming up here in just a tiny bit Casey Bubba. Casey sounds weird calling I call you Bubb. I don't know why. It's actually very similar to when someone they someone was doing this the other day and they were saying Chris, and everyone was like, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA What are we talking about? Don't say Chris. That sounds weird and I feel like I'm my mother, is you know, getting mad at me saying the full name or whatever? But were you a part of yesterday's big barrage of it was kind of an awakening for some reason where everyone was like, whoa, Jackson Cheerio is really good? And I was chatting with somebody via text about the irony and how hilarious it is, but how it's all rooted in this hatred that had happened for rookies. Because everybody was very excited because people like me and stuff. Hey, you know Jackson Churio, Jackson Holiday. The failure set so many people up to do the thing that they always do. Oh, these guys are garbage, they'll never work out, blah blah blah. And then all of a sudden, everybody is presented with this greatness greatness and air quotes or whatever. But Jackson Holliday has been absolutely dominant, Jackson Merrill has been one of the most valuable players this year, and Jackson Cheerio has been an absolute freak. He went three for five yesterday, two home hitting three fifteen in June, three seventeen in July. Are you on the bandwagon? That Jackson Churio is a beast.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. I've been talking about it on my shows for a couple of weeks now at different shows. I do just because the dudes was hitting two a seven to start July. He's hitting two seventy seven on Friday. That's ridiculous. He's sitting over four hundred over the last two weeks. It's amazing what you know, a little time and you know going through struggles a young player can do. You mentioned Jackson holiday. We talked about him on Monday. Jackson Merril Turio' is awesome. One of the big conversation points I've been having with my co host Ryan Bloomfield is where does he go in draft next year? Is this a top hundred pick? I think it is. This is a legit, you know, twenty five twenty five guy. I think he's got five homers and five steals the last two weeks. He's a beast like I like him a lot, so I am on board with you. It is fun. Like you said, to see the quote unquote Twitter verse just all of a sudden start to acknowledg him and everyone tweets about him at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean and something like sure we can, we can figure this out next year. Do we need to speak more about the ups and downs? I feel like we try to. We try to have these up explain like, hey, by the way, these guys can you know, kind of go through the motions and you need to maybe prepare better. The nice thing about this year was, regardless of the rookie, the cost didn't really like go nuts, you know what I mean, Like Holiday Cheerio, I mean like holiday didn't work. That clearly didn't work. He was sent down. He was a disaster. But Cheerio was the one where it was like all year long, people are like, no, no, no, I don't know. I might you know, cut him? What about this guy? What about this guy? Now you're at a point. I asked Bogaman this one yesterday. Wh would you rather have rest of season Jackson Cheerio or Randy Rose Arena.
Speaker 2: It's a great question. Someone in the chat even threw that out there a little bit ago a wild you know, yeah, if I missed it now, but for the rest of the season, I'd have Cheerio. Like and I'm a huge Randy Roseraina fan. He's on Pace for twenty five, but he's hitting like two thirty, which is crushing you. I'm Cheerio through and through, and that's why I'm really really looking forward to seeing how he finishes the year and where we go from here, because the talent is undeniable for twenty years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. I mean, you know, technically on a run of three straight months of hitting over three hundred. He's had every month if we're not hunting March, but every month of June it's been multi stolen bases, and he's had every month but may be multi homer months, and it's just taken a little bit of time to start connecting and get going. But underlying stats, they're in a decent spot. You know, hard hit rate, great, K percentage low. His expected batting average is actually at just a notch better than his current The only thing he's got to do, like a lot of young guys, is that he's got to start turning. Not Lawrence Butler, but you got to start turning and beryling. And he's not one hundred percent bareling, but that's going to be the consistency. There was something about Randy Rose arena in that he's already almost twenty twenty, and he's hitting like two twenty that it's like, oh, if the regret, the positive regression starts to come into play, you could see where the big counting stats are. But Schurio is creating himself as a baseline player. The strikeouts are lowering, the averages staying up. He is getting those big counting stats. He might easily just be a twenty five to twenty five guy into the near future and just walk right into it. You know, maybe the floor is old school Starling Marte and the ceiling is going to be God knows, you know, God knows where it's going to go. But Jackson Curio, everyone's awakened. The awakening has happened to Jackson Curio August ninth for some reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty wild. He feels like what we want Kyle Tucker to be. But Kyle Tucker's been hurt. This is your guy now.
Speaker 1: It feels like, yeah, we're going to talk about Kyle Tucker here in a little bit. Laddie Junior missed out on the cycle by a single. I actually didn't think I would ever really say that, Yeah, that it was going to be on that front so far twenty three homers seventy six RBIs in one hundred and fourteen games so far this year. Vladimir Guerrero Junior. We think the value looks like on him next year. He was a big bye and a lot of the videos that I was doing early on in the year second half player I really bought into also, like everything was screaming at you outside of him getting the ball in the air and he started to do. So, what do you think the value is going to look like?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is he done enough where he's gonna keep doing this thing where it's like, hey, top fifteen again, I'm right at like fifteen to twenty. He's gonna do that mid second round thing he always does and then struggles in the first two months and builds it back up.
Speaker 2: Yes, I believe. So he's gonna jump over metals and I think he's going to be in the peat Alonzo conversation. It's going to feel like twenty twenty three all over again with flag Guerrero. Who would you rather have?
Speaker 1: Pe Alonzo? Verre flat did that now that you just.
Speaker 2: Thought, I'll take vlad Because I'm a big Pede Alonzo fan and I always thought his bad and average wuld be better. It's just not improving. The skills are still undeniable. But Vlad at worse is going to hit for average more often than not because of how hard it's the ball, even on the ground, And like you said, everything pointed to positive aggression. Just get it elevated. He still has over a fifty percent ground ball rate and he's doing what he's doing. Just imagine if he just fix another minor like five percent tweak like, he could be a forty plus guy easily in the home run department. The sky's the limit for Vladi. So I'm becoming more and I've been an anti Vlad guy for a long time, so I'm just my my brain is starting to work into a let's appreciate who he is and the talent he is.
Speaker 1: Remember that debate, we'd always see where it was Vlad or Jordon Alvarez, like do you think that how close do you think that is?
Speaker 2: It's Vlad all the way from me because I was nervous with jord On because the dude just can't stay healthy. It's great. I compared him in preseason. He is the Greg Odin of the MLB.
Speaker 1: Craig, I mean, that's a little bit dramatic, like, but's done stuff, but you have.
Speaker 2: To take in the first round, so you got to be dramatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I suppose you're right. You're not wrong about that one. Kevin Gossman has been the topic of a ton of stuff here so far this year, just really and also I would say, just my disbelief in him being able to like really turn it around. He could be decent, but not the Kevin Gosman of old. He limited the Orioles to two runs, three hits, eight innings, getting his tenth wins so far this year, but just two strikeouts. Very strange season, lots of inconsistencies. Do you trust Kevin Gossman rest of this year going into the playoffs? And when I say trust, I mean you're not gonna worry about matchups, You're not gonna worry about maybe benching him or something like that, Like you're just gonna blindly throw him out.
Speaker 2: Now. A couple of weeks ago, I took the l on this one. I was loving the discount on Gospen because he was heard entering the season, but they said he'd be fine all these these things. And it's been so inconsistent a couple of months, a couple two, three weeks ago, I fled out said he's a spot starter based on matchups. I had him benched last night in my weekly leagues. He was benched and like the aightiens is great. The two strikeouts doesn't help me at all. It doesn't do it. So he's strictly a matchup dependence. So to your question, do you just lock and load? No, you do not with Kevin Gospen the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think so either. I mean the overall stats still they just you know, they're in the stinky range. I'd have to look over his last couple of games if we've seen a little bit more implementation. His slider's up to like seven percent usage, but it's been mainly fastball. It's been mainly ineffective. That's been his big thing. Strikeouts are way way down, his expected era is still over five. And I hate these type of guys. And you know what hand up for the preseason because I was a big like, oh, I can get a discount on Gossman and I did it. I did it in a couple spots, so that's l for me. But I've turned and I turned a while ago that I don't even think like in smaller leagues where you were able to make a move off of him, I would have made that move off of him already. And I hate these type of guys. It's brutal, like where it's like, all right, you know, I think I can get to go Oh nope, you know they're crap. All right, put them on the bench and then they go out have eight. Now you're gonna feel compelled to put him out in the next start, and then that struggle comes back. One of those guys, you always make the wrong move. It sucks when you always make the wrong move on a guy. Some other news and notes. Walker Bueller allowed one run over five and one thirds of an inning on Thursday in a minor league rehab assignment in Triple A. That means we are super close, Walker Wheeler. You start him off of his first start back. This is always like my big thing with any of these guys first start back. Are you putting him out there?
Speaker 2: No? I'm not, because I still think he's broken. He was a shell of himself before he left. He pitched great. He's going to face Milwaukee, one of the hottest offenses in baseball. I'll sit back and watch and sadly we'll see River Ryan go back to Triple A.
Speaker 1: I know, River Ryan's been so good. I'm gonna agree with you speaking of you brought him up a little bit earlier. On Kyle Tucker, the athletics Chandler Rome reports that Kyle Tucker was progressing to more explosive movements such as sprinting, and that was it. That's all he said. Such a sprinting, which they're hoping is going to move along the process. It doesn't feel like you're going to get Kyle Tucker back at all this year, and if you do, it's probably going to be more relevant or the most impactful two head to head leagues where you're playing in the playoffs at Roto at this point, you know, maybe you get him back to the final two weeks. I'm not sure where that puts you over, but in a head to head, if you got him back before the playoffs, that can be a complete game changer. But he doesn't seem right. They're literally calling his explosive movements sprinting. We haven't got into games. We're not getting into like live sessions, BP, swinging bats, anything like that. It's August ninth. I feel relatively adamant you're not getting him back. It's not that you should go cut him or anything like that. If you have il spots, you should put him out there. But I don't know if people would need to make that hard decision. I do not think we are going to see Kyle Tucker. I really don't even know. I don't think we're going to see him at the rest of the regular season. I'll hold it at that.
Speaker 2: I think if we see him at all, it's the final two weeks, kind of like Christian Yelich last year at the back injury. Get him loosened up, get him ready for the postseason. That's all the Astros care about right now at this point. So for fantasy purposes, I'm with you. I've said he's a hold as long as you can hold. But if you have no one else to cut and you don't have any al spots, then you move on from Kyle Tucker unfortunately, but you hold as long as you can and just don't expect much.
Speaker 1: Oh what do you think that's gonna do for you? For his value next season? Like you're not looking at it. I haven't started my ranks to next year because I'm not that psychotic, but like you know, he's always he's been first round for a couple of years. Let's break it down like this. Let's start here, Kyle Tucker first round next year.
Speaker 2: I'm still leaning yes, but.
Speaker 1: Really I thought we were going to keep going.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I still think I'm hoping a full off season fixes things, but it has been a weird injury obviously. I actually start my first draft on August twenty first, the one we start every year, that fifteen of us start our early draft Champions Draft, so we'll find out real quick through in fifteen rounds that night, out of the fifty, so we'll know for sure.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be mid second, and I wouldn't be shocked if there's some thirds in there. You do have to remember not trying to be dismissive of him. You do have to remember, like he was awesome, he was an MVP candidate before you go yeah yeah, yeah. So like you know, that doesn't take away from the overall production. And August will be interesting because I don't think that'll be out of people's brains. But come November that'll kind of washed away and people will be able to do it. But you know, I think there's some other guys that have jumped up obviously, like Ellie now owns a first round pick. I think some of the younger guys, like a Jackson Merrill, Like I haven't even decided, Like where's Jackson Merrill gonna go next year in fantasy, because like he's gonna pull up on a Kyle Tucker type season, healthy and playing in the outfield.
Speaker 2: Do you go, Jackson Merril, Jackson Cherio. That's a fun conversation.
Speaker 1: It is a fun conversation. I mean, and like, are both of them that far off from Kyle Tucker?
Speaker 2: Because aren't they better than Michael Harris who was a second round pick last year? Like these are the things that make then there's your Kyle Tucker comunit. Like maybe they do jump him and he moves back into the second or third. There's only so many spots. There's only fifteen spots, twelve spots, depends on your league. So that doesn't make a good yet it does.
Speaker 1: Uh, Hey for knows, I was watching the chat here and I was starring, as we call them, on the back end of our stream yard. Here is a starring some questions. So we love to answer the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks, So we're gonna answer some of your guys's questions. We're also gonna be looking at some two start streamers here in just a minute. So I saved a couple questions. Bub, I'm gonna fire them at you. Matt Flood dropped a Conforto or Kelnick for this weekend. I say Conforto because Kelnick has been.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. Kellen Nick's been rough, Conforido coming off a good road series there, and they get the Detroit Tigers this week, and so give me Conforto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I picked up Conforto in a league as well, like kell Nick has been just not even justifiably startable. Shane says Netto or Tovar rest of season.
Speaker 2: I've been I actually rostered both those guys in a lot of leagues. I'm gonna go Neto. I've been a big Neto guy preseason. I thought he was a twenty twenty guy, and we're seeing it now. Tovar is good, he has cooled down a bit. But give me Zach Netto.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I was about to say say his name again you're going to Netto Nickto. I said it, you said it straight, you strung it, then you went Netto.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like I feel like Bogman late nights uh in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what does that mean? Particularly I would go, you know, it's funny. We did this debate yesterday on IL and it was Tovar and Tyler Fitzgerald, which is a wild one because you know, obviously like Fitzgerald has been absolutely going ballistic and by the way, we're gonna talk about him a little bit, all the stolen bases yesterday and this makes this might kill me. I picked Tyler Fitzgerald the rest of season. I did it yesterday too, before the game over. Tovar and Tovar has been good. He has been like I feel like we've had a lot of negative stuff around Tovar because there's a lot of underlying expected stuff. If we're being frank, he has one of the worst looking baseball savant underlying pages. But he's defying that, you know, so good for him. Good for him on that. There are always players that are going to defy it. But he has like literally the worst face rate in baseball. It's like forty it's the bottom one percentile of the league. It's like bottom ten percentile, Like you know, expected slug da da da da all that. Yet he still is hitting like a good average. He's got like eighteen or nineteen homers. He's at a decent, decent season that he's defying that. Do you feel like you're waiting for the shoot to drop? Tyler Fitzgerald not only is on a hot streak and not only has a great compliment of power and speed, but a lot of the underlying things are telling a really good story. Like he doesn't hit the ball really really hard, but his barrel numbers are up, he's getting the ball in the air, and he's making really good decisions. And then he rattles off three stolen bases yesterday. So I think I might. I think I would go Netto in that as well, But I think I would take Tyler Fitzgerald over both. Right now, I'm I'm drinking the Tyler Fitzgerald kol aid.
Speaker 2: It's good kool aid, welcome to the party. And I've been saying his speed's better than his power. I've been waiting for him to run. So, like you said, we'll get to it, big Thursday for Tyler Fitzgerald.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Michael says Hudeck and Michael, by the way, was shaming me earlier, saying I'm not punctual. Hey, Michael, there's stuff in the background. We Bobba had to get the audio. I got to set the things.
Speaker 2: So we were doing the stuff and things.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go and count how many times we started at nine thirty or twelve thirty one Eastern with Joe on the show, Michael, who to cut when Julio returns? Cowser, Burlson, Doyle or Pasquantino.
Speaker 2: What a group?
Speaker 1: This must be a ten league.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, that's a league I'd like to be a part of, because that is a tough first world problems there. I think it's Oh, it's probably Burlson. Unfortunately it's between Burlson and Doyle. But that's tough. That's real. I go Burlson, but it's real tough.
Speaker 1: It's not Kowser, no.
Speaker 2: Fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Doyle probably for ballpark and stolen bases. So I would say Burlson too, but I do not feel good about it.
Speaker 2: I love Barlson, So that's that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, Barry says, should we be worried about Taj Bradley. Taj had been rattling off great starts across the board strikeout numbers and then walloped walloped the other day. Didn't look good at all, just the overall stuff, Like there's these guys. Dylan Ceese is like this. I know there's been comps to Todz Bradley where sometimes you watch a start, it always weirds me out and you're just like, holy crap, this stuff is unhittable, like the way that they're sequencing and the end the command and it's like, oh, this guy will not get hit at all. And then they just have the most hittable stuff ever. Dylan ces does it and you could tell it in the first inning where you're watching this game you're like, Oh, this is gonna be garbage, Like they're not going to strike out guys. This is going Todz Bradley has that same thing where like, especially as a better when I will bet like on strikeouts, I can usually tell in the first inning like, oh, this is how this game is going to go early on, like I don't feel like he settles in like Dylan Cees is that there are some guys, you know, they get rattled in the first inning and then it's four innings. Zach Allen can be like that where there's four innings of you know, no hit and blah blah blah, but the first innings stunk. Ta's Bradley and Dylan Cees. Those aren't guys that really. It's like, this is what you're in for for the whole start. So are you worried at all about TODs Bradley?
Speaker 2: Now this is who he is. He'll get better. He reminds me a lot of like Hunter Green in the last few years, not this year, where he did the same stuff. He knew it right out the gate. If the command was off, it was over. Bradley's been very good and I'm not overly concerned at all.
Speaker 1: Matt said. Is Shane Bosworth keeping rest of season?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Unless you're in a fifteen team league. He's not going deep into games. I'm just I'm not there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll look at this, Mike. By the way, he says, at least well shows in August. Yeah, damn all right. Yeah, I was looking at all the other questions, so I didn't see all the other stuff in here. But yes, you are right. I am here in August. I'll only be here a little bit in September. A little bitsy bit, little baby bit. Don't worry about that. We'll talk about that at a later time. All right, let's talk about some two start pitchers for next week. Presumed two start pitchers, so caveat always put a little asterisk on this. These can change at any moment. These and there's lots of different places. We have it at Fantasy Pros. The CBS one is another good one that you can check out for presumed two start pitchers for next week. Now, I've got five and I want to get a yay or nay. Any breakdown you want to throw to it, please do. But I got five guys that I think are most likely going to be available in leagues. Now I will give you the one caveat. The first player. I'm gonna give you seventy eight percent ownership on CBS, so that might not be available in some of your leagues. None of these guys might necessarily, but we're gonna go down in ownership. So first up, and by the way, there's phenomenal like Trek Scouble, I think Chris Sale, George Kirby. They're all scheduled for two starts. We're not talking about the no brainers friends. We're talking about the guys that might be available. And we're gonna start with Ben Lively, who is lined up for two starts next week. Seventy eight percent ownership on CBS Bubba. He would be going up against Chicago at home and then at Millwaky for Frankie Montass. The start percentage is a little bit lower. Yeay or nay? Are you starting Ben Lively? Do you want Ben Lively for the two starts?
Speaker 2: This is a guy I keep waiting for the other shoot to drop on. It just never does. So I think if you've rolled him this long, you roll them again, just buckle up for the Milwaukee start.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Maybe, Yeah, I get what you're saying. Just from the offensive standpoint, I think I'm cool. I'm good with this one. This one is a go for me number two. This might be the best of the available ones. Because I didn't put Brandon Fought on here. I think that's another good one. I would roll out Brandon Fought next week because you know I'm me. But this one actually might be available in some of your leagues forty percent ownership in CBS, which if you translate that means like twenty five percent on Yahoo, four percent on ESPN or something like that. Paul Blackburn, with the New York Mets next week, has got the Oakland A's and Miami both at home Ross strippling Max. These are all the perceived matchups that are going on, but if he gets the two, it would be the A's and the Marlins. For the most part, you couldn't ask for a better matchup. Throw the White Sox in there then to replace maybe the A's. You couldn't ask for a better set up. Paul Blackburn must on the two start. Yeah your name, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's one of my favorite targets this week in the fab Worlds. He's thrown two starts for the Mets, six innings, one run, six k's. I believe in each start he's been outstanding. He's worth keeping longer to stream throughout the season. JP Sears was this guy last week. He two starts, two starts. Blackburn's awesome. He's the tough one to add this week.
Speaker 1: Yes, sneers is Stears is sneaky. I can't say that even once. Tyler Phillips next week forty two on CBS is going up against the Marlins and Washington. We don't know what the starter in the Washington side is, and I believe both of those are home games for Philly. So if he is starting Tyler Phillips, yay or nay.
Speaker 2: Two things. I'll say nay because we've seen that production kind of come down. Strikeouts have been an issues, more of a pitch to contact guy. The other part is Taiwan Walker' is supposed to be back next week, so that might mean the end of Connor Phillips in this one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, And I'm not sure about that one either way. So like I'm I just sign off on Lively, I'd sign off on Blackburn. Funny enough, the next guy has half of the percentage owned as Tyler Phillips, and I think I would take the risk on it. Number four is Trevor Rodgers, and I know Trevor Rodgers has not you know, blown the doors off or anything, only twenty four percent ownership. He's got Washington and Boston both home games again next week, so yes, offense is a little bit tougher, but obviously his offense supporting Trevor Rodgers, would you make that move for the two start next week.
Speaker 2: Not a chance, not for me at least. I'm not a Trevor Rodgers guy at all. And Boston is the best offense in baseball SINCETI life first, so I'm staying far away from that one, all right.
Speaker 1: And then the final one here with a little bit higher ownership over Trevor Rodgers, Tyler Molly has got Boston and Minnesota. As fun as the idea of Tyler Molly is, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: That's a chance. His first start back he showed he still has a lot of rust on that arm and those offenses not happening.
Speaker 1: That's a note for me, dog, No, thank you, sir. Three up and three down, Pete Alonzo yesterday three for five, two homers, three RBI stacking up homers. We mentioned our boy Tyler Fitzgerald two for five with three stolen bases, Baba. We were joking when you were on What the hell were you on Monday when we did the bets. You took the two and a half over hit run RBI first, he let off, he got done it, and you just text me and I was like, good lord, we already locked that up.
Speaker 2: Said you're worried about it just takes one swing, well just sticks one swing.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, And the only worry ever is like the two point five. But to your point, but to your point, why the hit run RBI is such a fun one, is that like they could get it all on the RBIs you know, like he could have one hit and you know he can lock this up, or he get have three sack flies and still get it. For the hit run RBI, it's just usually the juice isn't good unless you get a two and a half. So that was really really sneaky. And do you think do you think Tyler Fitzgerald, even like ninety percent of him is going to carry over to next year as far as value, Like the way he's pacing out, dude's gonna be a top one hundred player next year. I don't know for a lot of the people that have started to check out, Like will Joe piez Apia be on Tyler Fitzgerald as much? You know what I mean? Like, well people understand the legend of Tyler Fitzgerald. If he finishes out strong, Like where do you think that'll line up to like next year's value?
Speaker 2: He'll go too high next year? Because he's like, he's a two seventy two seventy five guy with good power, good speed. He's a good ballplayer, a very good ballplayer. I think he'll go. He should be going on Willia Domus just where I maybe a little higher than Williadomis's right, heave them, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: In the same range. Also in the three of Tyler Anderson, six innings, seven strikeouts, I was calling for the decimation and it just hasn't happened. On the three down, speaking of getting absolutely shull ACKed, Charlie Morton two and two thirds, eight earned runs, gave up four homers. He has been rough. Charlie Muten Charlie nest Cortez four and two thirds. I didn't want to do any more of the bit nine hits and six earned runs. And how about this one, I just want to throw this at you, Joey Luperfito Ohver four with three strikeouts. He now has seven straight games of two or more strikeouts. That trade has not done him any favors. He is the biggest nothing of nothing's on the injury front, got quite a bit here. Aaron Boone told reporters that X rays came back negative on Anthony Volpi's left foot, So I guess that's good news. I don't know what the extent of this is going to be, maybe like a couple days off or something like that. Cody Bellinger is currently dealing with that left hamstring soreness. Pretty big disaster so far this year. Julio Rodriguez ran the bases on Thursday for the second consecutive day. They call that explosive movement, Bubba explosive Julio Rodriguez movement. This is what I do want to ask you about. Alex Cobb is going to make a season debut today against the Twins. I don't know if it's the early game. It might like be.
Speaker 2: Happy game two.
Speaker 1: Oh it's game two, okay, so it's a little bit later. Really, the big question is are you comfortable starting him out the gates? He had four and two thirds last Saturday in a minor league rehabit assignment. He went, he ended up striking out five. You know, it's been pretty solid. He was a big trade move for them. Are you comfortable and are you buying in on Alex Cobb at least to start him right out the gates?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am, because I've Actually he's actually pitched really well out of rehab. He would have been back sooner. Already popped the blister on his finger to push this back. So I am believing in Alex Cobb. I'm on board with this one.
Speaker 1: Having those blisters pot that's a pretty brutal feeling too, especially if you know you had to, like you know, crow.
Speaker 2: Baseballs right, especially with sticky stuff and everything would be a little a little awkward.
Speaker 1: Can we get just can we get all the chief stuff back?
Speaker 2: I'm with you. Steroids, steroids, HD, sticky stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever, dude, give it all to me. Jared Jones, speaking of pictures, allowed two runs over two and two thirds of an inning on Thursday in a minor league rehab assignment. So he is getting closer, I would I would expect this pacing is probably two more starts. So it's like right near the beginning of September. Josh Lowe was removed from Thursday's game with a right knee contusion, and as many people have been pointing out in the chat, I am going to talk about it. Diamondbacks manager Tory Leavello told reporters that Merle Meryl Kelly is potentially going to return on Sunday against the Phillies. Now, if he doesn't, that would line up to maybe being a two start next week, if they were to do some type of push, that would be fun. But MARYL. Kelly returning to the Phillies is the biggest no thanks of all time. Even though Meryll like, I like Merrill more than I like Jordan Montgomery. Jordan Montgomery just oh, it's so humid, and what are you talking about? He's just so bad. I'm so over it. Merril's fine, I'm cool, but no Dodgers, no Padres, and no Phillies for me. I'm starting him again. So I'm not gonna start Merrill on his first start back, but then I'm good to go after that.
Speaker 2: What about you? Yeah, I'm not either. Just like e Rod, he's not really doing any rehab starts, and that always concerns me, Like I want to see him throw a little bit before. That's why Cobb lots of rehab. Meryl not so much.
Speaker 1: So I'll sit and wait, yeah, I will sit and wait. I don't know if I mentioned it a little bit earlier. It's not necessarily an injury, but boy, if we had it's not an injury. By the way, but boy, if we had a ton of games rained out and delayed, and like I said, I don't think I mentioned it, but today's game between the Rangers and Yankees was postponed and it's going to be part of a double header on Saturday. Maybe it feels like this, there's this constant rain, constant games being delayed and pushed, and we're getting double headers. We've got double header going on today, so just the chaos continues. All right, friends, you know what time it is?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. Should add to the injuries. Friday morning, Joe Ryan to the il with a Grade two latch strain or triceps strain. They said he's gonna be out weeks, if not months, So he's probably a cut folks. Just throwing that out there real quick.
Speaker 1: I think. No, I'm very glad you brought that up because he was a killer. We were backing him earlier in the week and then he got pulled from that game. I agree with you. I'm going to lean that this is good now. Obviously, if like if they can manage it, they would want him back. They need him back. But if it's months, I don't expect him back for the regular season. So yeah, I do think.
Speaker 2: It's great too, So it's at least a month, if not more. It's like a month month and a half probably that we're talking with seven weeks left.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, probably can move on, my friends. All right, we're moving over to some bets because it is time for the best bets of the day on Friday with not Joey p I. I asked for some art by the way, that is going to get a change here, but everybody could be reminded of Joe, but it is not Joe. It is Welsh and the Bubba for the best bets here on Friday. So Bubba, once't you kick it off for us? What do you got for your best bets of the day?
Speaker 2: All right? You know me, I like my prop bets at plus money, so let's have some fun here. You mentioned Vladito to start the show on fire. Give me over a half an RBI at plus one thirty five. That's all he does is drive and run, so I'll take my chances in a really good matchup against Mitch Spence. Give me Austin Riley and Cooors over half an rbitt plus one twenty five. His bat's been heating up and he gets a scrub starting in Colorado, and then a fun one here Garrett Crochet under five and a half K's at plus one thirty. Crochet has not thrown more than four innings since the start of July, so he has to be extremely, extremely effective to get over five and a half against the Cubs, which he could on Friday. But I'll take the under at plus money.
Speaker 1: That's a really, really sneaky one. I think I like that one as well. I have some action in that game as well. All right, my best bets. The one of the best total base props on the betting Pros cheat sheet popped up and I am into it. It is could tell Marte total bases over one and a half. Believe the number was ten of fifteen. He has hit this now it is Zach Wheeler on the mound, but Wheeler's had his moments. Katel hitting at the top of the lineup. He has been hitting this Marker. I really like this Katel Marte plus one thirty five for over one and a half total basis. I will also tell you personally it's gonna feel risky, but I'm in on Ryan Nelson's strikeouts for today. Ryan Nelson. Three of his last four games he has struck out seven or more, and he had a couple of nine strikeout performances in there. Phillies are tough and the Phillies get to him early. This is this is ain't going to go. But if he is on, this is a five strikeout for plus money. It's actually even money.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I almost hit that plus. I almost went on that one too.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Okay, cool, Yeah, So that's one I just personally did. I'm just letting you know. It's not a part of my official three bets, but I did bet it. I am also going speaking of the Garrett Crochet Chicago full on nurfy, So give me the tie on versus Crochet, no runs through the first inning at minus one thirty five Chicago and the White Sox no run first inning, and then I'm just doing a little moneyline parlay. Give me Baltimore and the Dodgers combine those together. I'm taking their money lines that pays around one and a half. It's like plus one fifty eight or something like that. Zach Eflin and Jack Flaherty pitching for both of these guys, So I've got Kittel total bases over the Chicago's Nurphy and Baltimore Dodgers on the money line, Bubba's got the Vlad Guerrero RBI at good plus money, Austin Riley over on the RBI, and Garrett Crochet under strikeouts at five and a half getting vede Vetty Sneaky on the Best Bets of the Day, brought to you by bet three six y five and are Friends, which people are probably watching this as well on betting pros. The home round contest, Bubba, uh oh, you know what I think I have. I want to get your home run call. I did get a board. I completely forgot to download it here because the anticipation for everybody is Joe gone. Has Joe been kicked? Is even kicked from the island, And the official word is he has not been kicked. Unfortunately he is there. Sorry for all that break, I'm trying to get that going here. I did get two homers from Anthony Santander the other day. I want to point out I believe that puts me Forre a dinger. If you're there, it's a twenty seven twenty eight maybe because I also did have a Royce Lewis Homer built somewhere in there, So I think I've got a twenty seven or twenty eight. If I'm at twenty eight, I'm there next week. I'm gonna get in there. But Joey P's at the bottom of the list with thirty Wonky is up at fourteenth on the list at thirty three. Your leaders though, el Scale and South African g both at thirty nine, Silent Dragon and Whips at thirty eight, and then be Trot and Larry at thirty seven. That's what your top six is on the home run board. So I was able to I was able to hold it down just enough to get the board before we got your home. We're on call. Where are you going today, Bubbs?
Speaker 2: There's a double header between the Twins and the Guardians. I know I can't take both games. That would be Joey piece of po level of trolling here, but I'll go game one as the Twins face Cantillo, who is not good. Give me Royce Lewis in that one. I think he's going downtown on Friday morning. Friday afternoon, I.
Speaker 1: Guess downtown Royce Lewis. I like it all right. I am going to go into over to Atlanta, and we're going to be picking on the Colorado pitcher Tanner Gordon in Colorado. Give me the lefty, gimme madd Olson, give me Maddilson here. We're going to try to go for a couple. I will tell you, every time I think of Homer's for Atlanta, i am my brain immediately goes to Austin Riley. I want to bet Austin Riley all the time, and it has paid off for me quite a few times. Matt Olson has been a little bit inconsistent, and I'm actually not sure if I've hit a single maddalson Homers so far this year. Today we'll break that and maybe that can even get me on the board for next week. There you go, friends, I hope you guys have a fantastic week. We got you guys all set. Make sure you are subscribed to the utube because we still got lots of great content and subscribe. On the podcast side, you can find Bubba at b d Intrich. You can follow me at izitthe Welsh and we're back again next week. We got Joe Rico on Monday. Bubba's back on Wednesday. We will be doing answering your questions. We'll be doing some streamers. We're also going to look at some of the big pickups on the shows, and we'll see where the home run contest gets us. Bubba, you have a fantastic week. All of you guys have a fantastic week, and thanks for hanging out with us right here on leading off, we out peace out see you. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros A subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB