Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's the final hour on this Thursday. Comedian David Spade will stop by here in a little bit more of your phone calls as well. Have a new poll question for you. Ninety nine days until the start of football season. But who's counting? Who has the most pressure going into this year's NFL sit?
Speaker 3: We're nice and early on this topic.
Speaker 4: Good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I figured i'd jump right in lay claim to this, todd Oh quick with the hand.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, Josh Allen and the Bills.
Speaker 6: It's been so close and they're flirting with it, and how much longer before you start getting that oh oh, the windows closing on the Bills.
Speaker 5: In Josh Allen?
Speaker 2: All Right, Marvin, how about you your recommendation nominee for the most pressure.
Speaker 7: The Detroit Lions. They've been on the cusp for a couple of years now, that'll time for them to step up.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, have we moved past the San Francisco forty nine ers with being on the cusp here and brought Perty just signed a new deal, so you've moved past your Niners. No pressure on the Niners, but you got most pressure on the Lions.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 7: Well they've gotten to a super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so they're good.
Speaker 2: I okay, all right, Paulie. The most pressure going into the NFL season, it starts in ninety nine days.
Speaker 3: Those guys took the top two. I'm gonna go slash John Harbaugh, Lamar Jackson. They have to advance deep. They have to make a Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: That's the correct answer. Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: Wow, you and you could say, yes, I have the answers to the test right here. Yeah, I already got it from the Commissioner Seaton. Do you have a nominee for most pressure this upcoming season? I was gonna say, Lamar Jackson, Well, now that you know the right answer, it turns out we both got it right. I'm gonna say, how about Tua and the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 8: Okay, there was a little bit of a indo there, but that is closing. People are heading for the hills. No one knows what's gonna happen with Tyreek. He I think two has got a very short leash there this. They have to do something great this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's on Lamar, because okay, are you going to vote for him for MVP again even if he has the best season, knowing that they flame out in the postseason. And John Harball. John Harball and Mike Tomlin are similar. Their careers are very similar. I think their resume is winning won Super Bowl. But John Harball's had the MVP at quarterback. Mike Tomlin hasn't had a quarterback, And I think the pressure is on hard. I think the most pressure is on Harball and Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: Yes, point Seeden mentioned Miami. Mike McDaniel, fun story, likable guy. You know two years ago he had the second ranked offensive football. Last year they were twenty second and they didn't make the playoffs. You missed the playoffs again and don't improve. It's a chill on him. He's cooled off.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 2: I think this would make or break break year for him to keep his job. And I think also with Tua, although they did sign him to that big contract here, but and and look, he can put up great numbers, but you just you got to see postseason success. You've got to get to the postseason. Yeah, yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 8: I mean, they invested in that team and they're not doing anything in the postseason. You got to you got to get some return for it. And I understand the Buffalo part of this. At some point you have to break through, you have to get to the super Bowl. But I think we looked at Buffalo.
Speaker 2: We underrated Buffalo last year, and as a result anything that they did, we're like, man, they're a lot better than we thought. Uh, still a dangerous team. And maybe the pressure is more on Josh Allen if he wants to be the best player in the NFL, or recognize is the best player. Trying to think if there's anybody else that comes to mind, I think there's a little more pressure on Joe Burrow than you would normally think, because he did say to management, I got to have those guys signed up. I gotta have Jamar Chase and t Higgins. And I would I would think, Okay, we did what you asked for, Now make the postseason. Yes, yes, Tod, I would.
Speaker 5: Put the pressure.
Speaker 6: I'd stay with that group, but I would say the team, specifically the defense. Joe Burrow put up some great numbers, and on many cases and many occasions throughout the season, the defense let them down.
Speaker 5: The Bengal defense specifically better step up for that.
Speaker 4: Team, Yes, Bowley.
Speaker 3: I'll also throw in there as a contender, maybe not a first ballot. The Pittsburgh Steelers, Mike Tomlin and their general manager. They've had a rough offseason perception wise. And if they do Land Rogers and they don't get better. They were ten and seven last year. They weren't awful. But if the Bengals get better and they go the other direction, I don't know how many years Mike Tomlin can get away with this if they don't make the.
Speaker 2: Playoffs, because okay, there could be pressure on the Steelers and on Mike Tomlin if they get Aaron Rodgers, and then if they don't get Aaron Rodgers. Like either way it's different pressure. It's like why didn't you guys get another quarterback? Why didn't you draft a quarterback?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Why didn't why didn't you take Shador Sanders or Jackson Dart when you could have. But if you get Aaron Rodgers, it's like, Okay, this is what you wanted, this is what you waited for, this is where you you bowed down to him, You acquiesced to Aaron Rodgers. Now what are we going to get out of this? So I would throw the Steelers. Mike Tomlin in there as well. Yes, Marvin, a question for the room. A second tier pressure team. The Houston Texans they cooled off because they were hotter than fish grease the year before.
Speaker 4: It's c J.
Speaker 7: Strausbroky year. Then they got hot, then they cooled off. Now what do you think about them going into year three?
Speaker 4: Well, they had injuries.
Speaker 2: Why you know that they're wide receivers, Tank Dell, you know Stefan Diggs. That situation, I guess see Jay Stround maybe a little of was it a one hit wonder? Can you can you try to reclaim that?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you know, second tier pressure. We've created a new category, yes, Paul.
Speaker 3: Second tier pressure on Michael Pennix taking over the Falcons. Light, second tier pressure.
Speaker 2: I would sprinkle light, smattering, yes, smattering of light. That would be a light beer. I think it's not a stout. It's sud you know Guinness. Yes, Yes, Tom.
Speaker 6: Pressure on Jane Daniels to prove it was not some kind of fluke, that he can do this consistently the next year.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm going to give him a Hall pass for this upcoming season. I think there's gonna be a little bit of a letdown there, I do. But I'm not going to go, oh, you know he's not who we thought he was, because I do think he can. He has the potential to be a special quarterback. You know, the league gets another shot at you, understand what you do, tendencies how to beat you. And I keep bringing this up. They won I think seven games in the last possession. While that's great and you love having that ability.
Speaker 4: To win those games, that's not sustainable in the NFL. Yes, PAULI, here's some.
Speaker 3: More level two pressure, and it could be level one. Okay, Trevor Lawrence at this juncture, he's not the young star anymore. He's the veteran whose team was four and thirteen.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's secondary pressure. I don't think he's in the second tier first tier. Yes, yes, he's getting paid like these other guys are big time money.
Speaker 4: You got an offensive.
Speaker 2: Minded head coach who did a great job with Baker Mayfield. Now I got to see something and I would put him. I'd lump him in there with the tier one pressure group here. Yes, mar did we just invent.
Speaker 4: A new game?
Speaker 3: Tier one pressure, Tier two pressure.
Speaker 2: This will end up on Nick Wright's show on Fox Sports one this afternoon, because he loves to do those tiers, you know, different different levels there he has pauling.
Speaker 3: Imagine during OTA's the Jacksonville media is there and I'll said, excuse me, Trevor, I don't know if you've heard you're on level one pressure quarter to the Dan patchow your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Todd.
Speaker 6: When we put Justin Herbert and the Chargers kind of in no man's land, he wants to be considered and many do an elite quarterback, but how they got to go a lot further than they have to be considered like a great quarterback.
Speaker 2: Well, Jim Harball has already come out to say, Trevor Lawrence is a Hall of Fame quarterback or going to be a Hall of Fame quarterback. And meanwhile, you're a coach who loves to run the football. So you have a Hall of Fame quarterback, but you you're gonna choose to play like you did at Michigan when you had JJ McCarthy as your quarterback, but you still ran the football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pauli, it's very interesting with Justin Herbert. Last year they didn't do a lot in the postseason but they were. He was eleven and six as a starter. He had both the best season and the worst season his career. His stats were all down, but his efficiency was up. His interceptions were down, his completion percentage was way up. He's a very efficient quarterback with not eye popping numbers.
Speaker 4: Well, this is what Harball wants, you know.
Speaker 2: You know JJ McCarthy was drafted in the top five, but if you watch Michigan play, they never it felt like, relied on JJ McCarthy to win a game. And maybe that's what Jim Harball wants. They're going to play great defense, run the football, and then you're gonna pick your spots for Justin Herbert.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: On the opposite end, you said the Washington Washington Commanders are on scholarship. Is there anybody else in the NFL that's on scholarship this year?
Speaker 2: M oh, you know Nick Sirianni of the Eagles. Let's say he's on scholarship. You know, Caleb Williams is another guy who is gonna have that I would say level one, that tier one pressure. I think, Okay, you got a better team here. You want to be in Chicago, now prove it. So I would say that that would be level one.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure. Who do we have a level three? What pressure?
Speaker 3: Is it pressure? If you are at level three, that's a good point, right, So that would be.
Speaker 2: A Russel Wilson. Russell Wilson have level three pressure on him? Or is it level two?
Speaker 3: He has level two career pressure to finish up strong ish, no pressure to raise up the giants, right.
Speaker 8: Okay, however, in order to save his career he needs to raise up the giants dichotomy.
Speaker 4: But this is level two pressure, career pressure with a potential level one payout for him.
Speaker 8: But shouldn't you know career hanging by a thread pressure be more significant than two. That feels like a grade A number one type of pressure.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if people look at it that way with him anymore. I think in Denver maybe we looked at it like, all right, let's show Seattle why they made a mistake. And then we realized and then.
Speaker 4: We got to Pittsburgh and we're like, Okay, let me see what he can do now with the giants. You're like, you know, you had a pretty good career, yeah, Paul.
Speaker 3: Just to clarify, level one and great a pressure is the same correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, O got it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, they already got the videos of Russ too. It's like there's like four quarterbacks all throwing. Only one of them is in like a full uniform.
Speaker 2: Of course, Russ probably goes to bed in the football uniform. He's always like EyeBlack, he's ready to go, short shirt, except for one guy. He's in his game pants.
Speaker 6: Oh our bon Nicks Seowan painting the Broncos on a mini scholarship because they got a lot further than a lot of people thought.
Speaker 5: Having been win maybe six to seven games.
Speaker 6: The fact that they just made it to the playoffs even though they got blown out by Buffalo.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say, yeah, you're on a one year scholarship. There, I do. But I think they surprised us.
Speaker 2: And then they made the playoffs and then they got blown out by Buffalo.
Speaker 4: So do you a great ton? I don't know.
Speaker 6: I hope that's not their mindset going in that, like it doesn't matter how great we are this year we got to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: No, you asked me, this wasn't I'm not thinking about the Broncos, like, of course they want to make the playoffs again.
Speaker 4: They can't go.
Speaker 2: Guys, don't worry about it. Dan Patrick said, we're on a one year scholarship.
Speaker 5: I think I think I.
Speaker 6: Think they're on a mini scholarship because of how well they played and how Boat played in his first year.
Speaker 5: If things don't go well, at least they had this past year.
Speaker 4: All right, yes, Marvan.
Speaker 7: Then we have the rest of the team's Tier Ruble, the Titans, Dang Teerable Colts, the Patriots, the Jets.
Speaker 2: Any pressure on Mike Vrabel in New England that tier tier three pressure question mark.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's got the one year legend Hall pass, though the classic one year legend player coming back to save the day Hall pass. Mayo didn't get that big of.
Speaker 4: A Hall Yeah, but they didn't even give they gave Mayo a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rabel's New England legend. He gets the one.
Speaker 4: Year Hall pass. Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 9: See.
Speaker 8: The problem though with Rabel is that he's already coached before and did pretty well. There's expectations on him. He's at GIROD. Mayo was coming like, all right, let's see if he can do it. Uh, turns out he can't.
Speaker 2: How much pressure is on Bronc Party Level one Level two level three pressure, level three Yeah, okay.
Speaker 8: I don't see any pressure on that line.
Speaker 4: Same, I would see you what about well you're a Niners apology.
Speaker 7: But he's also gotten to a super Bowl and the other guys we talked about haven't.
Speaker 4: A team friendly deal. It's a boss. He's a hero. So nobody.
Speaker 2: Nobody thinks rock Perty is under pressure, you know, tier one or tier two pulk.
Speaker 3: I think tier one slash too if I could be somewhere in between though.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, sorry, that's not how it's one or two. I didn't see the like in or ol No, I just created Okay, I would say that tier two pressure for brock Purty because now a failed season is on him, not others, and injuries won't matter.
Speaker 5: Yes, tod Mark Sanchez was just texting us.
Speaker 6: He loves this segment mini scholarship, tier two light pressure. He's just loving the phraseology but coming up with going into this season having.
Speaker 4: A ball, Thank you, You're welcome, Thank Mark.
Speaker 5: He listens every day.
Speaker 6: He likes to, he likes to kind of check in, but he loves these phrases we used to describe the levels of pressure.
Speaker 8: All right, He had that New York Jets pressure. He gets it.
Speaker 4: Okay, again, he did he have tier one pressure?
Speaker 8: I think he played his way into tier one pressure. He had some a couple of good years there. They beat the Patriots a couple of times, they take a couple.
Speaker 4: Of title games.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he played his way into expectations.
Speaker 3: He had the team traded up to get me pressure. I think the Jets trade up at least ten picks to get Mark Sanchez.
Speaker 8: That's pressure.
Speaker 4: That's pressure.
Speaker 8: That's Tier one pressure your day one, Tier.
Speaker 4: One, tier one market. Back us up on this, all right, let me take a break. Just getting started, by the way, good morning for you're watching Sports Emmy the folks. Okay, are we on tier one pressure for next year Sports Emmy or tier two?
Speaker 8: Where did we land with Russell Wilson against the same Yes, kind of career with a squeak out, a win without a super bowling.
Speaker 4: That's exactly who we are.
Speaker 3: Damn crush that man.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you don't want to know the answer to the question you're asked, yes.
Speaker 6: Yes, Tom Sanchez says he was under tier one all Caps pressure.
Speaker 3: Wow, caps pressure, cap?
Speaker 4: What are you the president of the United States?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 4: Mark, all Caps, no cap.
Speaker 2: So we're so We're Russell Wilson going into this next Sports Timmy.
Speaker 8: Season, Russell Wilson post Steelers.
Speaker 7: Wait, no, no, we might be Mark Sanchez. We've gotten to a couple of title games. Now we got to get over the hump.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, Yeah, By the way, if anyone wants to know how this show is done, we in no way playing that segment even a little bit. I think on my screen that you see Dan, I put ninety nine days to the NFL season and that was the only jumping off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was it crushed the natural raw, natural talent. Yeah, you know what I'm about. A round of applug. All right, we'll take a break. David Spade, our buddy Well Jonas coming up. More of your phone calls as well. This is the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 12: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 11: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discus. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 12: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 11: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 12: From five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific.
Speaker 11: And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: David Spade stand up special Dandelion can be seen right now on Amazon Prime also has a podcast with Dana Carvey. It's called Fly on the Wall and learn more about his upcoming tour dates at Davidspade dot Com. Great to see you again. We were just talking about there is a moment. There's a clip that's been viral for a long time where you're sitting with Chris Rock and you're at a Laker game and Rock is talking to Kobe trying to win. What was he talking to Kobe trying to win? What was going on in that seo?
Speaker 13: Well, it was It all happened so fast, man.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, you can get our agency had these great seats in the old days. They might still be bumped right up to the Laker bench, and it's very odd. I felt bad for the players because you sit right next to them, like arm to arm, and you've just got random idiots whoever's got some heat on them. They're sitting next to you that game, and they're sweating there in the middle of the huddle, and I'm like, we maybe.
Speaker 13: We should try a sucker trap, you know, But and.
Speaker 9: It's just it's it's a drag because they're there. But Kobe sat there and and uh, half the game we'd switch, you know, so we got to sit and pull it. But they were all nice, all those players. But then you know, in the heat of the moment, I think Kobe. It was just a very odd situation where the camera's panning over from Kobe and Chris, I think is.
Speaker 13: Talking to him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And then I was laughing because I could tell it wasn't clicking because Kobe was mamboed.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 4: But okay, so what is Rock saying to Kobe?
Speaker 9: What he's saying is we don't know, but I know he's saying a lot and he's just going on may. If he's talking to me, I couldn't hear us aloud, and if he's talking to Kobe, Kobe was worried about something else. But it all looks funny. I like it all.
Speaker 2: Okay, But how do you get those tickets with your agency? Like first Come, First serve?
Speaker 9: You just have to ask and say, hey, can I come to one of these games? Or sometimes I'll call and say do you want the tickets tonight? And you know it's a little bit of a hassle. They're so good, but at the last second sometimes they're like, oh, Mark Wahlberg fell out. But sometimes you know, Rock is in town, and last time I went to New York, I said, I maybe went to the Knicks or maybe when he came, we went there. But usually they can shake him up, shake it out, if that's a term.
Speaker 13: And it's super fun. When I did a.
Speaker 9: Curb Your Enthusiasm episode, Oh thanks, a couple of people remember.
Speaker 13: The joke with that Larry. Because NBC has two sets of tickets.
Speaker 9: They have those down on the floor and they have some of the rafters and Larry asks for tickets and they go, sure, sure, and the head of NBC gives them tickets, but they're in the rafters and he goes, I one of the other tickets, and then I'm with the guy on the floor from NBC and he's mad because he says Seinfeldt was bigger than just shoot me.
Speaker 13: Why do I get the floor seat? Which is a good argument.
Speaker 2: But there is a pecking order of tickets that if Mark Wohlburg wants tickets, that you're not getting the tickets.
Speaker 13: Well, I wouldn't make it that simple.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think a little bit, but no, I would say I would give them Wahlburg.
Speaker 13: Yeah, or I'll sit with Wahlberg, you.
Speaker 8: Know what I mean.
Speaker 9: They sometimes go there's four so sometimes the agent's usually you know, and then they'll bring one of their clients or someone there courting, or someone's got a movie coming Sometimes they say, you got a movie coming out, Let's put you on the floor here, let's put you here at the UFC fight. Let's pepper you around, sprinkle you, and then it's just more promotion.
Speaker 4: I guess, right, do you start it next to a Kardashian.
Speaker 9: No, I saw Kimberly at the fiftieth SNL and I never see her.
Speaker 13: I never see any of the Kardashians.
Speaker 4: Shockingly, how was that event?
Speaker 13: Well, then let's look at a clip. No, it was.
Speaker 9: I thought it was a lot of fun because because we had.
Speaker 13: Everybody there, I thought the rehearsals were more fun. It was three days this time.
Speaker 9: The fortieth was pretty quick, but this was three days of rehearsing with different people and just walking around and you know, it's your turf a little bit, because I was honest, and I'll so you can go up to almost anyone and go, hey, how's it going, and they have to give minutes. But everyone's usually pretty like because there's no plus ones either.
Speaker 13: It's just all it's all raw dogging.
Speaker 9: Just everyone is there alone in the audience and stuff.
Speaker 13: But I had a lot of fun. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: So there's nobody you're nervous about walking up to and saying, hey, oh yeah.
Speaker 13: There was I mean you just randomly. I saw Miley Cyrus, who I think is great.
Speaker 9: I saw Jack Nicholson, who, uh, you know, everyone will give you a few seconds, it's nice. I mean Bill Murray was sitting next to me in the audience and on the chart, and then I.
Speaker 13: Saw him back stage.
Speaker 9: I said, I think I'm sitting next to you, and he was obviously overjoyed.
Speaker 13: And then when we got out there, beat filler, the seat filler the whole three hours, I'm like, what's happening. He never came out.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 9: He said they're eating like cantalope cubes they had cut up in the back.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that because you went up to him, that maybe that was the reason why he didn't come out and he had.
Speaker 4: A seat filler spooked him. Maybe.
Speaker 13: I don't know if I spooked.
Speaker 9: Him down, because I'm an alumni on cast member number three eight four seven, six' two, one and uh that's.
Speaker 13: What says on my membership. Card and, no they they set it all up and Like i'm over.
Speaker 9: Here there's one SCENE i did in the end the show WHERE i had to run in the audience and sit, down and we did a rehearsal AND i forgot the audience is.
Speaker 13: Empty.
Speaker 9: REHEARSAL i have thirty, seconds SO i run out of the sketch and run the. Audience and then There's Jane curtains in my seat In Chevy chase and they're, like, hey can you.
Speaker 13: Guys And i'm, like no one plans this ahead of.
Speaker 9: TIME i have to scoot these legends out SO i can squeak in and do my little. Bits that's, humor it's Fund it was.
Speaker 2: Funny, Yeah, dandelion the stand, Ups Why, dandelion.
Speaker 13: Look at this banana in my hotel RUN i get seen better. Days this is not off the. Presses this is what they give. Me, Man, Man i'll make some banana. Bread, Uh danli sorry to. Interrupt go go, Ahead, daniel.
Speaker 9: Don't look at this last first and, Knife i'm In. Omaha you have An, Omaha, Dan, YES i.
Speaker 13: HAVE i THOUGHT i tricked.
Speaker 9: You, YEAH i got three cities In ohio next. Week did you know there's three cities In?
Speaker 4: Ohio then There's, Cleveland columbus And.
Speaker 13: Cincinnati nice Try, newark.
Speaker 4: Oh oh you're going to Play. Newark. Wow, YEAH i grow up In. Ohio, David, YES i.
Speaker 13: DID i know nothing about.
Speaker 4: You, yeah why don't you? CARE i know this is like.
Speaker 13: A sports morning show or. Something this is like.
Speaker 9: Region why don't you stand at your desk like some of those other, guys.
Speaker 2: Because i'm not on a power. Trip because, okay whenever you go On, letterman remember how High letterman's chair. Was because it's a power. Thing it's a power thing that you. Know he looks he's already six,' four but he he. Has to he's talking down.
Speaker 4: To.
Speaker 9: YOU literally i never figured, that out and it was on every show they would turn and let, him go and what are?
Speaker 8: YOU doing i?
Speaker 9: Need HIM but i hurt, MY neck i hurt my c five trying to look at him and tell him.
Speaker 2: My bits He's A, david, spade, actor, comedian Writer pod.
Speaker 7: Just.
Speaker 3: Move on are you In?
Speaker 13: Happy?
Speaker 4: GILMORE dude i am in A? Happy gillmore? Yes? Too yes or is it? A? Secret, don't, No, No no i've talked. About it i'm.
Speaker 13: In it exciting that's gonna be A mom Are you are you? In it i'm not. IN it i wasn't in the, first ONE but i was excited to hear, about.
Speaker 9: It, AND uh i wasn't in the first. ONE either i was trying to GET anyway i was trying. To get.
Speaker 2: Do you drop a Hint, with, Sandlert, like sandman what kind of role do you got?
Speaker 4: For me For A Happy?
Speaker 9: Go?
Speaker 4: More, too no that's.
Speaker 9: TOO thirsty i just the way he works on all that stuff is talks about something like a. Year ahead, he, GOES hey i might, do this might, do THIS.
Speaker 13: But i didn't even see anything and Have?
Speaker 9: You GOMORE and I was i don't KNOW what i, was doing but it almost didn't cross my mind unless people, would go are You And Happy?
Speaker 13: Go more, I'M like i don't. THINK so i wasn't the. OTHER one i wouldn't even KNOW what i.
Speaker 9: Would do plus he's got SORT of i did think it'd be great if he had all these fun golfers, in it and so it would be FUN because. I golf but the truth is, people go, you golf you usould Be and, i'm like?
Speaker 13: Who cares.
Speaker 9: JUST pretend, i mean you don't have to be that great you think you KNOW what? I mean they just show they Could Have lindsay loan out there hitting nine hundred.
Speaker 13: Yard drives it's.
Speaker 2: Movie magic The podcast fly On the Wall With. Dana carvey You, know, dana, RIGHT yes? I, do, okay good very, Very, talented yeah.
Speaker 13: Very talent.
Speaker 9: He's fun we do a podcast like you know what they Told me my walls are too blank in my Podcasts and danas. Are worse looks like he's in some. Goolag prison but we just do it from home and you have a lot. OF chotchkeys i, like it maybe, too MUCH but i do like. Having, SOMETHING.
Speaker 4: Yeah i lead the league, in CHOKE but i.
Speaker 2: LIKE it, i like, you know if if The story i'm telling isn't, that interesting maybe you find something on the desk and then, you go oh.
Speaker 4: That's, interesting yeah maybe that's that's what.
Speaker 9: You, need also, you guys deputy, go ahead do?
Speaker 2: You guys So you're fly On? The wall are you dishing about things that Happen on? Saturday?
Speaker 4: Night long?
Speaker 9: Is? That WELL we i mean that's how, it started and. We did we probably did two hundred, of those but. We do we're going to all, VIDEO now i mean right now. It's audio one of, them's audio and it's like. The newspaper you got to get a little. Video going so we are getting with we're catching up to twenty eighteen and we're gonna be on video and then and so it's on. YouTube also but, it's fun. You know we talked, to whoever a lot, of comics mostly, comedy people but sometimes we branch out because we've kind of buzzed through a LOT of S and. L people it's definitely fun.
Speaker 13: To do data. Is funny we just. Screw off.
Speaker 2: He's great when you pick a location of film with spec like what goes into you picked?
Speaker 4: That city how much though?
Speaker 13: INTO that i, would think how WHAT cities i do? Well in what cities are good?
Speaker 9: Comedy cities denver IS where i did this one is known for being good.
Speaker 13: COMEDY.
Speaker 9: City u my last One, was SEATTLE and i really, liked it but it WAS. During, covid No, not seattle it Was. In minneapolis it WAS, during covid so we had problems filming because we had to move It from austin because. Of masks AND then i didn't realize the reason we moved it was because we had to wear Masks. For netflix so, not me but the crowd was a little muffled because There were it wasn't ideal for, doing comedy you KNOW what, i mean if they're, Like GOING and i was listening to the back of MY open i, was, on going are they this is A tough i don't want a tough crowd on my. Own special AND so i went OUT and i didn't even know because it's, so bright, you Know because i'm like lives Of. AN laam i go there like, that cabaret, you know with the, bright lights and and later, they're, like yeah they, they're laughing but you can't.
Speaker 4: Hear them how do you know when you have a? Bad, crowd.
Speaker 13: Oh, YOU know.
Speaker 5: I had one the.
Speaker 13: OTHER night i don't blame. THE crowd i mean it might it's.
Speaker 9: Me TOO but i was at the comedy store practicing for, this RUN and i kind of want to give them.
Speaker 13: A big razzle.
Speaker 9: Dazzle SHOW so i go practice stuff because it's very hard to remember, an hour and OF course i mix in new stuff that's in the special and that's not in, the special and so it's.
Speaker 13: Very TRICKY like i got lost in the middle of something.
Speaker 9: LAST night I think i was Talking About bill BELICHICK and i can't remember Even what. I'm saying so THE crowd i could, blame them but sometimes it's really It's just i'm missing the connective tissue of jokes and what goes Into the it's it's harder, THAN seems.
Speaker 4: I guess so you're working On A bill.
Speaker 9: Belichick, GIRLFRIEND well, i mean it's an expirational bit that will work for if it works, at all for another week and. A half, but, Yeah okay well we could watch something of the news and, you, GO hey i saw the interview where his girlfriend is, off CAMERA and i don't even care the, age DIFFERENCE but, i thought, you know because she wore like a big sweatshirt and, NO pants, i THOUGHT and i thought that was an interesting look when there was a crew there and then she, you know interjected and she's walking On like Winnie the pooh looked like a shirt with, no pants, you know but it could HAVE been i don't know what, it WAS but, i thought what do you saving the pants for? Sixty minutes and then And, then bill of course he's not going to the.
Speaker 13: Met either he's got like an old sweatshirt down with.
Speaker 9: A little throw up, on it and he's, just, like well we're Going, to cleveland and they're asking him, there, like hey who's? This chick and, he's, like ah because he's never been asked a non football question in twenty, seven years and.
Speaker 13: So like what's going on here with? This skeezer and, he's, like uh we're going. TO rehearsal i know that's not that's a. LITTLE harsh i was, just saying that's. THEIR words i wouldn't.
Speaker 14: Say, that.
Speaker 4: Yeah but you date, Young TOO so i.
Speaker 13: Don't know if we need to interject.
Speaker 4: That rhythm i'm working.
Speaker 13: On It, you, well hey THAT'S why I said i have a problem with.
Speaker 9: THAT part i don't know a problem with any. OF it i just have to think of stupid stuff. Talk ABOUT but i, will say since literally everyone's younger, than me NOW that i guess that is, The case.
Speaker 13: I'M not i look. Twenty two I'm.
Speaker 6: Not dan.
Speaker 2: If you got rid of, the, mustache YEAH like i think you think the mustache makes you, look, older, beard. Yeah everything if you just clean shaven you probably you could probably pass for about.
Speaker 4: Twenty nine.
Speaker 9: You KNOW when i did The, wrong, missy oh, thank you my. Maid's AN when i did The, wrong missy she. SAW it i had to. Shave everything SOUND like i had to. Shave everything actually is kind, of MIGHTY because, I go i'm supposed to. Be now, you know no thought goes, into this that's what. You THINK but, i, Go oh I'm. From portland i'm, a Businessman like i've. BEEN working I said i would be pale WITH a i wouldn't have like a beard trying to.
Speaker 13: Be cool schwartzon was, ONE dude i got on.
Speaker 9: A beard, i'm, LIKE why i don't want.
Speaker 13: TO shave, i go? That's why is? That Why so, adam goes shave?
Speaker 1: Your?
Speaker 13: Beard anyway. We can't by, the way this is a. Side story first STORY was. I shaved i. Look gross the second story is. His sworts and the night before.
Speaker 9: We're shooting we're walking on and Me and Adam see nick and, HE goes i thought you're.
Speaker 13: Gonna shave you're shooting in, The, morning nick go cram. Your lions we got, seven. PAGES moke i.
Speaker 9: Got this he's, always angry he's always like fake am ad at all times, and cool you know what. He is.
Speaker 13: He's grousy so the next day he's an hour late and he has. His beard, I'm, Like nick, he's like what did we? LAND on, i go we all said you're shaving it for. Two, Weeks anyway this IS what i, Deal.
Speaker 9: With dan it's not all fun and games like you with the. Fire plays you're rolling where you feel like it action blah.
Speaker 4: Blah sports That was that was quite a payoff for.
Speaker 13: No payoff TO the.
Speaker 9: I made i put the do not, disturb on, you know for the Whole time, i'm here and then they always want to get in to see what they're, dealing with.
Speaker 13: You know so, she goes that? Was cut? What's that then she she knocks and goes did? YOU knock, i GO did i knock to?
Speaker 9: You? Outside no and then, she, GOES well i, got you and then she tries to summarize how bad it's going. To be you want me to get, in there AND and, I go, i'm good and, she goes maybe get those towels off the ceiling.
Speaker 13: For, you go you want to me give me to help me dispose of that body.
Speaker 4: Back There, david spade.
Speaker 13: Stand up i'm midbid and you're looking at.
Speaker 4: YOUR paper I know i was trying to.
Speaker 2: HELP you i got a hard, out HERE and i want to see for Tonight in omaha.
Speaker 13: And we're going Live to Stefan diggs on. The Boat? What's Happening.
Speaker 2: David spade stand Up special dandelion can be right Now On amazon Prime and fly On the wall Podcast With. Dana carvey and if you want to Run Into, david spade You Can david spade.
Speaker 13: Dot com, oh yeah buzz over to.
Speaker 9: My, Website dan, thank, you BUDDY and, i joke but it is fun to.
Speaker 4: Come on, Thank. YOU david, i joke but it's nice having. You on.
Speaker 9: All right thanks to the crew Of the. Dants there they piped down on, this one but they're very.
Speaker 2: Nice guys they're they're all waving to you, right now, waving goodbye.
Speaker 13: Thank you well after, Hanging up i'll probably stay on for a Thirty Kision.
Speaker 2: David, spade actor comedian writer podcast here and the new stand Up.
Speaker 4: Special, dandelion wow let's take, A break let's call for phone calls what we learned this day in.
Speaker 1: Sports history right, after that be sure to catch the live Edition Of The Dan patrick show weekdays at Nine am eastern Six am Pacific On Fox sports radio And THE.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio Wap ryan cranston on the. PROGRAM tomorrow a couple of phone calls, In here Andy And rhode island we'll give it Another, Go andy Good.
Speaker 11: Morning dan i'm Going, On, dan dan DON'T evenson I.
Speaker 10: Included dan this IS because.
Speaker 14: I Feel like Paul and seating don't, get ENOUGH and i feel like people are treating them like that tant THREE.
Speaker 1: And i don't, Like.
Speaker 14: That dan but just to get THROUGH what i need to DO in i want, to ask because you know you're just welcome a. BEAUTIFUL grandchild i want to Ask This Wiston.
Speaker 15: Patrick junior?
Speaker 4: The third is that what he's?
Speaker 15: GONNA be i just want to throw, That, Out dan.
Speaker 2: Thank, you andy. Thank you nobody's referring to The dan nets as a. Tier three there's tier one pressure on.
Speaker 4: THESE guys i don't know if they, feel it but they should.
Speaker 2: Feel it THAT'S what. I expect it's tier one pressure. In, Here Yeah winston patrick is. My, grandson uh Fresh, In, milwaukee hi fresh MORE.
Speaker 10: Than dp this is Fresh. In milwaukee here to play a. Little game i'd like To call king Of the heel if it determined some things. About bird SO if i give you a Name Like bernard King Versus, chris mullet who do?
Speaker 4: You like depends on what kind OF team.
Speaker 14: I have we're just determine the best out of the small forwards, right.
Speaker 4: Now but what?
Speaker 2: Is best mully was a better Passer Than. Bernard King bernard king was. MORE unstoppable i don't know if defense was in, their repertoire, but yeah. It's It really it kind of depends on what you need out of. That position mulley was more of, a deep deeper Shooter Than. Bernard King But bernard king, was, unbelievable. Unbelievable unstoppable he really. Really WAS so i don't know if that answers.
Speaker 10: Your Question nar King Versus.
Speaker 4: Larry, bird No It's, Larry, Bird.
Speaker 15: Okay arry Bird Versus.
Speaker 4: Julius Irving, Larry Bird.
Speaker 10: Larry bird as king of.
Speaker 2: The heel thank you in that in, THAT group, i mean, you KNOW doctor j. Was unique larry was a better all. Around PLAYER doctor j. Was spectacular Aaron, In pennsylvania, Hi, erin.
Speaker 15: Hey, good.
Speaker 14: MORNING everybody i WANTED to i wanted to introduce the Level one tier one name SAIL if. I. Could so my Name, is AARON but i SPELL AT E R. I n i've lived with that for fifty.
Speaker 15: Five years getting male addressed, To missus, aaron wrote and different things, like THAT so i would classify that as a Level one, tier ONE and i wanted to give the, other, guy Uh, MISTER ship i would name your kid based off of me having an effeminate name for my. Whole life i'd call the Kid either Razor, or blade so, that way when they did last, name first it Would Be. Ship razor but THAT'S all.
Speaker 4: I had, Thank, you aaron E r i n wow.
Speaker 15: That?
Speaker 4: And, Stuff, Hi aaron oh you're man? My bad h E r i. N uh who's Got the? Knicks tonight? Paul Okay front, oh, Okay, well fritzy You're a.
Speaker 6: Nick's, apologies NO but i think they're gonna step up and not want to Let the pace of celebrate on the garden floor so they win.
Speaker 4: One, more oh that's why.
Speaker 6: They're going that's why they're gonna make Sure the paces don't celebrate on their courting and they'll lose game six Back in new.
Speaker 7: All, Right Marvin lenny Kravitz And, edie falco they're not going to Scare the.
Speaker 2: Knicks random they're going to be at the, game Tonight front row. PROBABLY okay i just hope they don't get thrown off their game as they look over and they see all those great stars there At the.
Speaker 4: Knicks, game paul you Got.
Speaker 3: The, knicks, Yeah well i'm always, like you rooting for. SEVEN games i don't care who wins this as long as it.
Speaker 5: Goes seven.
Speaker 4: All right how about this day in?
Speaker 3: Sports history nineteen, seventy seven the GREAT.
Speaker 4: RACER.
Speaker 3: A j foyt Won the indy five hundred for the. Fourth time that guy. Was awesome Nineteen Ninety ricky henderson stole base eight, ninety Three Passing. Ty, cobb yeah.
Speaker 4: Your boy.
Speaker 3: That brings up a great memory Of When ricky henderson was last on, the SHOW and, I, said seaton you should put him on hold to Talk, to Dan and, Seaton said, seaton's very very glad To have ricky on the snow in. Third person.
Speaker 2: That's fine seaton went third Person, with Ricky. B ricky it was on this date nineteen Seventy Six joe nicro hit his only home run of his twenty two. Year career he hit his home run off His. Brother philo that's, Pretty. Cool todd would you learn today.
Speaker 6: Your, Second, grandchild winston came into the. World yesterday, congrats again.
Speaker 4: THAT'S awesome i ain't. Seed No connor patrick family has. One, more yeah. It's great mom and baby. Are, healthy, Yes yes marvin leglu was a baseball PLAYER. At Tilsa, Larry, bird paul.
Speaker 3: We just invented adding tears to, Football.
Speaker 4: Talk todd WHAT did?
Speaker 6: I learn You Believe lamar Jackson And john harbor are under the most pressure going INTO this, Nfl, season well.
Speaker 2: We learned brought to You, by maco get your car back, to life affordable paint jobs like. Collision repairs, uh oh Better. Get maco have a. Great day we'll talk to.
Speaker 4: You tomorrow