Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's just you. I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in Podcast one eleven productions iHeartRadio Media and iHeart Podcast. I am joined by my intrepid crew Daniel Romo, Susanne French, Tarra suit Amy Sugarman, bon Voyage. The final episode, Season seven, Episode twenty two Bank Dave Dos, Wow, Wow Wow.
Speaker 3: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We're all wearing our sweatshirts. Check us out.
Speaker 2: How many times.
Speaker 4: Did you cry?
Speaker 5: Who me?
Speaker 1: Personally? I listen, I held up a bunch of times.
Speaker 4: You know, it's wearing his Luke sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: We love it.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Hang on, let me let me check this out. This is a nice sweatshirt. It's ninety seven degrees out where I am. I'm wearing a sweatshirt. So I got the air conditioning cranked up, and my wife is like, I got igh schools dripping down her nose.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like to Scott my fans, I mean, you're right down the road from me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like, what the hell, what about a T shirt? How about a T shirt?
Speaker 4: You're wearing my Gilmore Girl's T shirt. Can you see it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're nice and cool. You're nice and cool at Walmart. I think sweating it out degrees.
Speaker 2: Team jest.
Speaker 1: Look at that? Look at that represent the dragon flying.
Speaker 5: On And I have my Laurel Life and I have.
Speaker 4: My I have my Gilmore Girls slipping from the Warner Brothers store. No, I wish that would be cool.
Speaker 1: I have my I Am All in Rock?
Speaker 4: Where'd you get that? What's an I Am All in Rock?
Speaker 1: It was a fan senate. They threw it through the window. It hit me on it.
Speaker 3: What this is?
Speaker 4: But it's like a little Luke smug and there's a button. I think it's supposed to do something.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I mean you guys want to want some memorabilia? Oh my god, I'll go, but I'll go into the vault.
Speaker 4: Oh guys, I'd never seen this.
Speaker 2: I was shocked when you texted that.
Speaker 7: I didn't realize sent it before on the podcast.
Speaker 5: You watched it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you, like you never watched it when it was live either.
Speaker 4: Oh, and I know why I didn't because I'm sad, Like in my mind, I think by not watching it, I sort of was like, oh, but now that I've watched it, it's like it's over.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: I've got to say for my own self that David Rosenthal hit a massive home run with this episode. This episode could not have ended the series with a better tone. It was a miracle of an episode. It was wow.
Speaker 4: I mean I cried.
Speaker 1: It was a very very smart, emotional appropriate ending to it. I think maybe David had an inkling that we'd better write something that's going to tie it all up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he must have, because it does.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Because there's maybe at that point there was a very slim chance that it was coming back. But I knew, you know, we were all negotiating, right, We had all you know, even started negotiating negotiations for then, and there were rumors going around as I recall, that some negotiats were going very well and others were not going very well. Because our contracts were up, so they had to bring us back for a season eight, so that required a negotiation, and you know, we were all in kind of a friends type position where we could pretty much I mean, it's a CW and it's a lower you know, it's a lower rated show, comparatively to NBC, A Friends, something like that. It wasn't this monster show, but it was. It had a big fan base and the CW really wanted to come and make it, have it come back in the advertisement.
Speaker 4: Seen DVD money at that point too.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yeah, absolutely, And I can tell you I won't say it, but I know what that number is and what it meant to the studio, and it was significant. And so we were all in a position, you know, to say, not necessarily name our price, but to get significant.
Speaker 7: I was going to ask you, like, when you've filmed this, you didn't necessarily know it was the series finale because you're still in negotiations right, so correct after filming it, where did you maybe process? Because for me, this is a series finale and it is so through and through a series finale. When you shot it, did you maybe think, oh, they're tying it up this.
Speaker 1: Well, I knew from my attorney and my reps that, you know, the advertisers that support this show and buy ad space on this show, we're putting a great deal of pressure on the network to bring this show back for multiple seasons. Yeah, And that's information that attorneys get, so they have better leverage in the negotiation. Well, you know, we we know that this is going on, so Scott needs this number, and you know, Lawrence and Lexiss and everybody's rep said the same thing, you know. So that's just how goes unique position to be and took us seven years to get their actors. You rarely have that kind of power where it's like, hey, you know, you either give me the number or else I'm not coming back. You know, I'm not doing this, And especially for Lauren and Alexis, I mean, they really had power because it's you know, it's their show girls.
Speaker 3: Without the Gilmore.
Speaker 1: Girls there certainly is not right.
Speaker 4: So when did you find out you weren't coming back?
Speaker 1: I was in Toronto on the set of a film and my manager called and said, what are you doing? And I said, I'm just sitting around with the cast and chopping it up and waiting for the next setup to be ready. She says, well, I've got bad news. They canceled the show.
Speaker 4: How you feel, like, how did that hit you?
Speaker 1: Well, honestly, I wasn't that surprised. Yeah, I wasn't that surprised. You know, I just thought I was in it. Every time in my life I get in a situation where it's too good to be true, it usually isn't. It's like, damn almost, It's like you know, the there goes the vacation home. You know, we it's but I listen, and it was such. I knew at the time what a special job it was. I lived five miles away from the studio. I had my own parking space with a name my name on it. We were all working in town so that we could have real lives and real families. Right, it doesn't matter how many hours you're putting in at the studio. You get to go home. It's a ten minute drive.
Speaker 4: Right, you're home.
Speaker 1: And you know, most jobs are not in La anymore. They're way you're traveling. I'm traveling thirty six hundred miles tomorrow to go to my job, and it's gut wrenching to leave my family. I mean, my attorney at the time was so upset that the way that he had heard the negotiations going that he actually begged me to get certain people into his conference room so that he could convince them that lightning does not strike twice and that make a deal. Keep it going, ride this wave, because it ain't gonna happen again. You know, it's just too rare a gem to toss back into the ocean. So I don't know. I mean, I do know the details somewhat, but I'm not going to reveal them on the podcast, you know, just to preserve people's privacy. But you know, things being what they are in Hollywood, and people just chose to, you know, move on and listen. It's I think it was a perfect time in retrospect, now that I've seen all the episodes, I think it was a perfect time to move on. I really do. And as much as that disappointed the fans and at the time, and it's still I understand that. You know, if you want to have something that special, a show this special, then I think one hundred and fifty three episodes is enough. Not that there isn't more life in it, right. I think if there was some really unique way to bring everybody back and do another round of Netflix episodes, I think.
Speaker 2: I think it could be.
Speaker 1: It would be incredible. Yeah, but boy, what a what a nice ending that was, and what a nice end.
Speaker 4: Now I can't wait to talk about the whole episode, because it really was weird watching an episode for the first time, Like I know now, Danielle, what it's been like you because it was so awesome.
Speaker 7: This finale hits though because I've seen it. I saw it three times. I saw it again right before this, and I'm just like, oh my god, that.
Speaker 4: Was so good.
Speaker 3: It was so good good.
Speaker 1: It hits deep, it really, it really goes deep.
Speaker 7: I think my favorite part is especially in the last like or in the party scene where everyone's under the tent. You see the everyone that made the show.
Speaker 4: You know who was you, but you're missing Paris. I definitely I didn't see Michelle Kim. I never saw there was no missus Kim because we knew she was finished and it was a bummer to not figure out how to have Paris in there in the finale, but she could.
Speaker 1: I didn't even notice that. I don't think. I don't think it affected the scene at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't make sense because she's not from Star's.
Speaker 1: Hollows Hollow and she's not you know, she's not that person that cheers on. That's that kind of generous part, you know. I mean, maybe she is deep down, but yeah, I think of Paris there is there. It's more of a distraction because then you expect something kind of intense to happen during the celebration.
Speaker 2: So no Logan.
Speaker 4: So he really like finished with just.
Speaker 1: What would you have done if Logan had popped up again looking Forlorn with a limousine and say, Rory, it's time, I'd like to check your.
Speaker 4: It's it's just so like, oh, I just beautiful.
Speaker 7: The town was doing what they do, and that's as part of.
Speaker 1: Full on stars Hollow. That's when you realize what a what a great character Stars Hollow is. Yeah, I mean that's full force stars Hollow.
Speaker 2: And there were so many notes to like the first season, and like little things that I noticed throughout, like like the shot, the very last shot of it zoomed, yeah, and like all those things. It was like it felt very nostalgic to watch it because you're like, oh, I've been through seven years with these people.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The very the very last shot pulling out is the same almost the same shot as the pilot episode's final Yeah, yeah, yeah, pulling out like that, except I.
Speaker 2: Wasn't you know.
Speaker 4: I had a weird thing where Alexis looked younger in this episode than she had the weeks before. I was like, what's happening that kind of was. I don't know why. It just was like, Oh, she looks so young again and she's going off to work, which I love that. It's how much it holds up about Barack Obama. It's like literally at the convention and everyone's peaking out. It was a you know, pretty like, uh, aged good call to give her that job.
Speaker 1: So it's funny because I was flipping around my Netflix and I couldn't find the show because I finished the series right the two nights ago, and then I wanted to watch it again before we came on, and it wasn't there. So I started watching, uh the episodes by accident, and I just turned it off immediately. I didn't see anything. I didn't see anything. I didn't say anything. I saw them.
Speaker 4: Go back to the first season.
Speaker 2: No, he's talking about the movies you into the episodes. The same thing happened to me because I was like, what is this because it starts with I'm not going to ruin it, but it starts with something where you're like, what am I watching?
Speaker 7: And the episode season one, episode one, oh no, straight back to episode mine went straight to winter, and I was like, what are these voices?
Speaker 2: Happening.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: But anyway, but I finally got back to it because I had to go through that, you know, I had to search for it again and then you know, go all the scroll down to episode season seven and scroll down to episode twenty two and turned it on. But I didn't end up watching, and I hit the thing by mistake, and I watched the episode one, season one, so I saw the first part of the pilot. I watched that first scene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're are you right?
Speaker 1: Rory didn't aige really because in that scene when that guy's hitting on Laurel, I like, oh no, that's my daughter, So really you know this kind of thing. But that's one point. Another point is what a brilliant beginning of a series with that great song and Laurela I walking down the street, coming in and Luke giving her the coffee and you're a junkie, and then the guy hits on him, and you see how close to mother and daughter are. You see what great wit you're in store for. She's a little snarky with him, and when he says, well I should get going, she goes so soon you know, it's just like yeah, yeah, Okay, here's something snappy, here's something smart, and this is going to be a nice ride, right.
Speaker 2: Doesn't make you want to watch all over again?
Speaker 6: I kind of do.
Speaker 4: It really does make you want to start it just all.
Speaker 2: Over, especially with like all the like pumpkin spice latte things coming back.
Speaker 5: I'm like that time.
Speaker 2: It's like that all the memes where it's like Gilmore Girls is defrosting again, right, exactly.
Speaker 4: You want to start it again?
Speaker 5: Gott you did exactly what the rest of the fandom does. You finish season seven, episode twenty two, and then you turn right back around and stuff episode one all over.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm hooked. I'm fascinated. I am fascinated to watch it again because now I have new eyes, I'm a little better educated about it. Yeah, gosh, wouldn't it be something if we just did this again. That's crazy. That's crazyness. That's craziness. Craziness, right, Amy, isn't that craziness? That's crazy?
Speaker 4: Be a wild idea, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, what a wild idea that might be.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't even bring it up, you know, I shouldn't even bring it up. Anyway. Let's send op size. What do you think huh.
Speaker 4: We gotta go through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta go through it. Man. We're twenty minutes of Tangent City, which I think some people enjoy. These are good, by the way, that's the new podcasts. It's Tangent City, Gott Patterson. We're just going to talk about stuff.
Speaker 4: I am all tangent.
Speaker 8: I'm all right, guys.
Speaker 7: This is season seven, episode twenty two, bon Voyage Air date May fifteenth, two thousand and seven. Rory summer plans are thrown into disarray when she has offered her dream job, leaving Loreli to contemplate life after she moves out. Luke steps up in a big way with the stars Hollow graduation party, and finally we get our answer to if Luke and Lorli will finally be together?
Speaker 1: Wow, all right, can we talk about this opening?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: To go through it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, finally after seven years of talking about.
Speaker 2: Her, it was a nice touch.
Speaker 1: It was she did a good acting job. I thought she did very very well. That's hard to do if you're not an actor. But she's I guess she's used to be in front of the camera and.
Speaker 4: That she's still going strong too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Yeah, she's got a great great presence.
Speaker 2: Great presence that y'all got her.
Speaker 4: Super cool. I love the whole I'm in my pajamas because she didn't believe her mom like it was all a good bit.
Speaker 1: Well, they called me to call her because they knew she was a big fan of Luke, and I pulled a Frank Underwood on her. You know, I said, listen, you don't show up. No, I didn't do that.
Speaker 6: I didn't do that too.
Speaker 4: I still think it was like, I get why she would do it. It's cool for her to be on Gilmore Girls, that's what.
Speaker 2: And she was mentioned. She was mentioned so many times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have to Yeah, you really good. It was great. And then she gave Rory her business card, which I like to r.
Speaker 3: I p business cards.
Speaker 4: Well that's my cab, gotta go.
Speaker 2: I feel like only people still have more like doctor's offices and stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah I have business cards.
Speaker 1: Do you.
Speaker 5: I have a box of like five hundred that I think I've given out one.
Speaker 2: I heard the people, now.
Speaker 1: Some did you get some coffee business cards?
Speaker 4: No? Your card should say coffee, coffee, coffee. I am all in, Yeah, you should have the pod on the card.
Speaker 7: Oh saw some presidency. Oh language on there.
Speaker 1: I have to cover up my cell phone number.
Speaker 4: We won't show it. Don't worry, no one would call you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Nancy.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like the green.
Speaker 5: That's a good.
Speaker 1: And then there's like on the back.
Speaker 5: Nazzy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I only have about a thousand of them.
Speaker 4: Okay, So after the credit, it's just for old time sake.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always skip.
Speaker 2: You're like, I've seen this.
Speaker 1: I like to get right into the action. I like to get in the action.
Speaker 5: So Lorelin and Rory are planning their making their summer plans for this. This is awesome fun. It really did.
Speaker 4: It really really did.
Speaker 5: And then the rocket makes an appearance and didn't need the rocket.
Speaker 4: I was fine with that. It was a nod to logan we needed that, and she kind of acknowledges how she It's like she's not just over it right. She says, it comes in waves close, you know, rough waves close together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not unexpected. And then so the the big thing for me in this scene was when Laurel I says that she thinks that she and Luke are done because she tries to be vulnerable and he doesn't respond. I don't know, what did you guys think about it.
Speaker 1: She said it in a very casual, a matter of fact way. It wasn't you know, this deeply emotional scene. It was just like, you know, I didn't.
Speaker 4: It's like she's done because she thinks she's done, right, It's like she was really done.
Speaker 5: I just felt like maybe I was reading too much into it. I felt like she was trying to make herself be okay with it even though she was.
Speaker 1: I think I think you're right. That's a good reading of it. I think very accurate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So then we go to the diner and Luke's.
Speaker 4: Sorry, sorry, tread so hard to mute, thank you.
Speaker 5: Luke's ordering all the food for the party, and the guy keeps trying to pawn off brought worst.
Speaker 4: At a party. I have the call back later where the person's like, you don't have any brought works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually really funny.
Speaker 5: That was good. And then we see Liz with Doulah, and Luke was cute, like he's all uncle Lee and he was excited to see me.
Speaker 4: He so casually says like hi Doulah, which it is the second or third time it's happened, and every time it cracks me up because it's just like that's her name, that is her name.
Speaker 5: They talk about the necklace, so we know that's kind of on his mind too. That was cute.
Speaker 1: And it was funny because she tried to sneak out, like he's like, do not sneak out the front door.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's good, good, really good scene and great to have is in the finale.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then we have our final Friday night dinner, which.
Speaker 4: Was so sweet. Definitely after drinks, you know, after dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was when my first tear shed. That was I feel like I cried every other scene.
Speaker 3: Richard got, oh, yeah, we'll talk.
Speaker 2: About that well.
Speaker 4: And then she gets me with the your father and I you know in the in the in the in the in she's trying to we'll get there. She's trying to hoodlin for the dinners, not realizing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because the at the dinner, Emily was kind of snotty because she's like, I don't understand why Rory is taking time for this cop whatever, just like chill out. And then that's where they first suggest adding the spa and all that. But then Rory comes in. So more cute blue dresses in this episode, like the dresses the last episode, cute blue dresses in this episode, and then we find out Rory got a job with Hugo Gray, So.
Speaker 4: She did set out all those envelopes, which I did see the people commenting because I didn't know she did that because I'd never seen this episode.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's a good call.
Speaker 4: On the pavement there.
Speaker 5: In the where they're talking about the roller coaster, she's like stamping her envelope after envelope, which was the last time anybody did that. But okay, so okay, Friday night dinner and then back to the diner. This was a cute town diner scene. Everybody's upset that they there's not going to be it was there. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: You kind of it that you're like, oh, the diner's packed with towns people that we know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was. It was a great scene, I thought, And they're all very upset because they were promised to reenact it.
Speaker 2: I like the little like fakery enactment.
Speaker 5: Super cool, Luke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was actually super funny. It was quick and it was like everyone was on their toes and it was That was really great.
Speaker 2: But then when they panned back over to like be beet and stuff and they're just like not impressed two background actors.
Speaker 4: That was kind of interesting too. They made sure the background actors were looking fake eating, they were up and looking and they.
Speaker 5: Were in the town too, so yeah, right, Yeah, it was just a good scene. And then the very end when they after they leave, then Luke kind of gets a look on his face and you can see his wheels are turning, and then he shows up at the Dragonfly and we find out he's been he's decided to throw the party. Anyways, I loved that Suky saw right through him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that she like called it out. She wasn't even like trying to fake it.
Speaker 1: He kind of admitted to it too, because he yeah, he just didn't want to go there.
Speaker 4: He's not super close with her though, as we've known over the seven years. It's not it's casual with a hint of formal, like they aren't just buddy buddies, but they're friendly without being like bestie friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean there's been some conflict between them before, so it was it was it was nice to see them I kind of come together.
Speaker 4: They have a scene just the two of them, which we don't get that much.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the chemistry is really great. I love working with her.
Speaker 5: Yeah we uh okay. So then Rory and Lrlai are walking around town with Rory's packing list of random things that she's gonna need, and then I had the book light. The book light.
Speaker 4: Mike was at the Lost and Found at the end. Yes, like, what is the proper amount of time before You're like, just take it.
Speaker 5: That's a good question, like a couple of months. I think, yeah, I think so. And then they go to the I started to say the diner, Miss Patties. That was great with everybody likely so they can't she can't see them and they're standing there in the dark.
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 4: Ye, yeah, totally.
Speaker 5: And then then it goes to the inside of Miss Patti's and they turn the lights on and they have their little unofficial town meeting. And Taylor was typical Tailor. It was. It was perfectly in character for him. You know, he's all concerned about permits and all like everybody's starting to plan a fun party and like steamrolled Taylor.
Speaker 2: They were like, yeah, but that said something like if this is an unofficial meaning, then everything is unfit like something like that. You're saying everything you're saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Luke tells him to go comb his beard, stay home and beard. Okay, So everybody kind of gets their their assignments, and then then it cuts to later that evening where there by the Laurel and then that whole group of people like sneaks up behind them and then realize who it is and then the whole group.
Speaker 7: Sneaks Almost good if I had to have one flag, it was like, you guys would have seen them a lot sooner.
Speaker 5: I loved thats Lorelai kind of looks like she.
Speaker 1: Looked at the end.
Speaker 2: How many times did you guys have to do that?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't remember very all those. I think we probably had to do it two or three times.
Speaker 3: I was impressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like choreographed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was perfect.
Speaker 6: It was perfect.
Speaker 5: It was thought.
Speaker 1: It was hilarious and yeah, you wonder if those two have peripheral vision issues. But still as a gag. As a gag, it really because if they cheated too much, the camera wouldn't have looked realistic. So as a gag it worked beautifully because because because the audience is like, they've they've got to see them. Oh when are they gonna? You know? So the tension was sick, so it was really great. It worked up. Yeah, very fun.
Speaker 5: They didn't do a ton of visual gags like that in the in the series, so it was unexpected. Which man funnier?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 5: Okay. Then we go to Lane's porch. Okay, who else was surprised to find out that Dave was not Lane's first kiss.
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: Well, no, wasn't it the I who she randomly just kissed?
Speaker 4: And remember she felt his hair? Remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wasn't it that guy?
Speaker 5: No, there wasn't the same name.
Speaker 2: Oh, she had.
Speaker 4: That boyfriend too. Remember she had the boyfriend.
Speaker 3: That forget his name?
Speaker 4: Well, she had Dave Ragalski and then she had that other one.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, they.
Speaker 5: Never went out because they never could plan. There was all the logistics in trying to get together, that's true.
Speaker 2: I did like the mention of.
Speaker 4: Yeah we got ah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I liked this scene because Rory finally showed a little humility. She had been into this. She was so cocky in season seven about you know, she's going to get the fellowship and all that, and it was kind of nice to see her be like, well what if I fail? What if I'm a really bad reporter? I kind of like to see that from her.
Speaker 4: Finally, yeah, I agree that it was, and she's nervous and like the whole thing. I was happy about that, right.
Speaker 5: And Zach tried to get them to wrap it up because they need to set up in the square. And then Zach's like, okay, I get it. I'll tell them you're done.
Speaker 4: When you're done the old like cordless phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, those were the days.
Speaker 4: Every single scene is great, like it is not like there's not a lot for us to argue about talk about, because it's just like yep, great, yep, great, yep great.
Speaker 5: Exactly like it was also how we like feel.
Speaker 4: About it ending. But we'll get to that. And then I do have one little note that I want to ask, but I it will probably have to wait till after the movies.
Speaker 5: But no, ill, I did like the next scene so as the mother of a twenty one year old, and when Rory was like asking, like, why why are you so okay and Laurel I was saying, well, it's too soon, Like if I think about it too soon, I'll fall apart. Like I could totally relate to that when your kid like goes off to college totally. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was so many people are going through that right now or their kids. It's like they got the job.
Speaker 1: We dropped off Nick this morning for his first day back at school, and it was emotional then. I mean, the parents were most of the parents were inside the classroom taking video and the teacher said, he's not.
Speaker 4: Even like he's not kindergarten.
Speaker 1: I got a video of a blue whale going here, get all the way.
Speaker 2: What grade is he in?
Speaker 1: Four? For it?
Speaker 5: Wow? You know, yeah, it's but I yeah, it's It was a good scene. Like it just hits home because there's always like you spend your your parenting time preparing your kid to leave you, and then they leave you.
Speaker 1: And you're like, yet you're the one that's not prepared right exact.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of good about to cry moments, you know how, like when you're welling up with tears. There's a lot of that in this episode and I was like, oh, pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of that.
Speaker 2: I made the mistake of starting this on my flight home this morning because I flew back from a work trip and I started tearing up, and I'm like, I'm going to be crying on this forty five minute flight. So I finished it when I got.
Speaker 5: You don't want to cause a big scene on the airplane.
Speaker 3: Seven I am airport.
Speaker 5: They have the Marshalls waiting for you, and you get there.
Speaker 1: We've got a crier. We've got a crier. He's out of control.
Speaker 5: So then it's goes to the time where they're setting up for the party. Luca's in charge of everything, He's directing everybody. I thought that was great, Like he had this vision in his head of you know, what was going to look like, and it was giving everybody instructions. And they woke up eastside Tilly to get the table cloths. And then Sally Struthers, she.
Speaker 2: Goes the way she runs like runs to Luke.
Speaker 4: She say, like, my hair sometimes gets it right of my ankle.
Speaker 3: Girls of her? Is anybody?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the best comedic actress of maybe one of the best comedic actresses of all time. Do you know what it's like to stand there with a legend like that and go back and hit the ball over the net with somebody like that? I mean, it's thrilling, It's oh yeah, I'm sure. I mean, just think of how great my job was. I got to hit the ball back and forth with Lauren, with Sally Struthers, with Melissa McCarthy. I mean, we're talking about three of the greats, you know, and that that's what I got to go to work and do. And as I was watching this episode, especially when He's tethering together Luke's tethering together the targets, yeah, you know, I had this moment where I was like, man, did you ever get lucky? Because you can only hope that writers put you in these kinds of situations where you can just shine. But it's the circumstances. It's the situation. It's not you know, yeah, you're adding a little bit to it, but man, they're set in the stage for you, and it's just it doesn't happen a lot. You know, people are always in these sort of typical situations, but in this show, you are in some unique situations, and they really set up their character beautifully. I thought, really, really a privilege to play that role, just got luckier and heck, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He gave all the sort of regulars and not like more of the miss Patty's and the babettes some good things to do in this episode, ker Lane. Everybody had I could have used a little more gypsy, but she got a little in there, Taylor, everybody got something pretty cool to do.
Speaker 1: But Sally Strauler's with her. You know, yeah, I watch that Harry Walker. You're a fan of Harry Walker's looking so it's just you know, Rosenthal finds some really funny moments between characters and allowing allowing Sally to do her comedy bit. I mean her bouncing around and running so funny.
Speaker 5: It's really good.
Speaker 1: It's so great, it's gold Man.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Using the set, we really got to see a lot of stars hollow. We had that open where you really see the Gilmore as if I remember you see Rory and Lorelei's house really clearly.
Speaker 1: Right, But have you ever seen a better use? They've used that gazebo and that area and really effective way. So whenever there's the gazebo involved and the town center, it's it's you know, it's something great, it's going to happen. But I've never seen a better use. I mean, stop me if I'm wrong, and if you have another another show, no but that, but but that scene, that celebration scene that prepared you know that dance, all the dancing and the music and all the great stuff and all those great weather.
Speaker 4: Will say is I guess they wanted it to rain because then you have to figure out how to make the tent. But it wasn't raining, and that was it was very clear that it wasn't actually raining.
Speaker 3: It was super sunny too.
Speaker 5: Sonny in the background was.
Speaker 1: Dumping another torrential downpour in Bourbon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when Rory gets out of the car, the door doesn't close.
Speaker 2: But I read, Yeah, that is so drop on them.
Speaker 1: When they walked over, they were dry, but they had umbrellas.
Speaker 4: Just leave the jeep there like kind of in the middle of the road.
Speaker 1: They had umbrella escorts. Like they pulled up to the Four Seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was like in that kind of rain you usually get wet.
Speaker 1: No, they're not gonna then they're not going to put wardrobe and hair and makeup through anything wetness in that situation. No way.
Speaker 5: Did you notice that it was there both of their best friend's husbands with the umbrellas, So to get them.
Speaker 7: From the car, that was that's like a very interesting choice for Zach and Jackson.
Speaker 3: But then who else would it be? You know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was cute. It was good. Yeah, and we missed the one before before we get to the raining part, there were the two scenes that had no dialogue. The one was where Lorlei goes to Rory's room while she's sleeping, and it.
Speaker 4: Was really amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was really good. And then immediately after that it cuts to Luke's diner where he's sewing together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those were brilliant scenes.
Speaker 5: Those those were both. I love how they paired those two scenes together. I thought that was good.
Speaker 1: That's that's great, that's that's film. That's yeah, that's moving pictures, telling the story with pictures.
Speaker 7: I will say, is I feel like like, at this moment, Luke has his summer canceled because April can't come right, She's going to her science fair. Lorlai is letting her daughter fly, you know, fly the nest, so to speak, and it's like now that they finally have room for the two of them, you know, like they finally can focus on the two of them, which I don't know, seeing all these scenes and stuff, it's like Luke is like, I need to put effort into this, you know, and he wants to, and he cares about her and he loves her and and we'll.
Speaker 3: Get to it later, but he's like, I just want.
Speaker 7: To see you happy, you know, And it's just you realize that they had all these obstacles, but they are truly meant for each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Luke has always expressed his affection in actions more than in words. So the whole you know, putting together this giant tent overnight is that was such a look thing to do.
Speaker 7: And even during the party, he's like going to the store the diner to get the coal and like bringing the coal out and you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: He's like, it's actions speak louder then, right, I mean there it is writ large.
Speaker 5: Okay. Then the sash made from Kirk's mother Nike. Again, that was so perfect, like a subtle.
Speaker 1: Kind of yeah right right, and then he tells her to Neil Neil before me, Like, I.
Speaker 5: Mean you said that it amy that. Like everything in this episode was just perfect, Like I have.
Speaker 4: Nothing to talk about, like it's kind of like a boring podcast episode because we're just like loved it, loved it, loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, getting any controversy on this.
Speaker 5: One one one nitpicky thing that I didn't like, although it was completely in character when Richard was exactly well, when Richard was trying to pay Lorelei a compliment and Emily was having none of it. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, that's typical Emily, Like, that's why I don't really like her, But seriously, just shut up for a minute and let your daughter get some praise, like it kills her to let him say something nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I did like that he kind of was like, no, let me say this, and he finally just I think it's.
Speaker 5: A little bit of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it met more.
Speaker 4: I think also, if I will say, we're meant to be irritated by her. Yeah, so that the payoff of when we realize what she's doing is that she wants to keep Lorelei coming to Friday night dinner and she was just being all sugar and sweet. We wouldn't We wouldn't enjoy that payoff as much. That's my take on.
Speaker 1: She has to be the character that's has to do right.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Character To your point, it was good to see Richard finally take Laureli's side over Emily's because that has not happened in the past seven years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think watching this part back, just knowing that he has passed away and like what the movies come. I think it was like harder to watch. I don't know if that's how you think. You're the only person who's seen it before, but like it was I think like it was really hard for me to see that part, just knowing like what comes in the movies.
Speaker 3: And yeah, but at the.
Speaker 5: Same time, like you're so glad that he got that in.
Speaker 1: Yes, but but but the amazing thing about that scene and Richard's speech was that it proved that Laurel I was right all along to leave, and it proved to Richard and Emily that they were wrong, that they acted in a less than supportive parental way when she was sixteen, because look what you guys have in your life, and now look what I have created on my own, well with your help. Okay, granted you paid for the chiltern and and not Yale that was fixed to her, but that they that that Laurel I is vindicated here in the end, and it's like she's not hitting them over the head with it, right, She's the message is so positive for community and family, such a powerful moment. Yes, because now they are continuing for the right reasons. The Friday night dinner because Laura I wants to right, because she wants to spend time with them now because now she's respected. Finally took all this, It took all of this.
Speaker 5: Look at the.
Speaker 1: Warmth of these people. They love Rory, they love you, and by extension, hopefully they love us. And maybe we were wrong with all of our money and our power and our influence and our educations. You know, there's there's a better way to live life, or an equally as powerful way to live live a life, you know, and just beautiful message in that.
Speaker 7: And Richard don't have this, you know, they're like it's very not that it's bought, but it's very.
Speaker 1: Like status conscious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't actually care about each other.
Speaker 1: You know, they don't in a competitive way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's all very superficial exactly.
Speaker 7: And I feel like Rory and Lorela have the community as their family, you know, yeah, right, yeah, because they have like this huge social circle.
Speaker 5: But not anybody that would, you know, drop what they're doing and come help you fix your flat tire or.
Speaker 4: Something right right, right right, or sell turs together.
Speaker 1: Very poignant moments, Very poignant moment, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Very good. Did you notice that alexis had a huge band aid band aid.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what injury she had, but I did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she had it in one of the in the diner scene earlier too, So I don't know some sort of.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's an old saying from Auto Premager, the film producer director Guy. You know, you know if when in out write a scene with somebody walks in the room with a gun or has a bandage.
Speaker 5: Okayce.
Speaker 1: It begs questions.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Freddy and my dinners are going to continue. Emily does have the nice line about it's an honor to be your grandmother. Yes, that was good speech. Taylor's speech with the birth and elm.
Speaker 3: Hilarious.
Speaker 7: I was like, thank god, I needed that humor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was Emily and Richard who are like this is really weird, Like I'm so creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And it's all the more it's all the more hysterical because you don't expect that from right. Yeah, he's always so prim and proper and appropriate. Right, but you know maybe the original Ken versus the Karen, right, but that was that was so vile, that was so gross, That was really weird. But about somebody doubling down on an analogy, I'll tell you, yeah, he saw it through. Oh God, just great writing. You get to sit through that and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, beautiful stuff.
Speaker 5: And then so we at the end of the scene, well towards the end of the scene is where we find out from Suki tells Laurel I, Laurela I thought Suki had planned the party.
Speaker 2: Ya.
Speaker 5: Sukie's like, no, it wasn't me, It was all Luke. And then Laurel I was like yeah.
Speaker 4: And then we have that kind of her walking and seeing townspeople, but like with her on what she knew what was happening.
Speaker 3: She was ready, Yeah, she was.
Speaker 1: She was ready.
Speaker 3: She was ready to land a smooch like she was.
Speaker 4: I'd seen I'd seen that before. I think I'd seen that scene on YouTube. That was the only scene I'd actually seen before.
Speaker 1: Boy, that was like movie magic stuff. Man, that was heavy stuff.
Speaker 5: That was such a good scene.
Speaker 7: That was honestly maybe one of my favorite scenes in this whole whole series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just not look on her face when she was walking up.
Speaker 2: The payoff of that felt the same way that I felt with their first kiss. Yeah, yeah, maybe, yeah, I think the first kiss is a little more special, but this is like right up there.
Speaker 1: Would you call this the last kiss? Maybe in the series, yeah, in the series, yeah, wow.
Speaker 4: The last first kiss, the last first chi.
Speaker 1: And that song that came up my heart's doing flip flomps or And that's another aspect of the show that's so brilliant, the marriage of picture, an emotion and a song, because really, the Carol King theme song is so powerful. Children get triggered when they hear that, you know, babies like oh mama, you know you know that song is very powerful. But the use of music in this is just brilliant, just especially in.
Speaker 7: This I had that moment too, when Lorli and Rory were walking into the party and there was that the song.
Speaker 1: That's right. They know when to use an old, you know, punk rock song, they know you. They know when to use a cheesy seventies dance tune, they know when to use atmospheric song and all that great Sam Phillips stuff, you know, her songs. They just they just know when to drop them in. It's magical.
Speaker 6: It's just magic.
Speaker 4: You sort of have the moment after the kiss you're like, is it over? But you knew, like it can't end on that because yeah, yes, but you kind of realize that the show is about two things, ultimately her relationship with you, but even more so her relationship with Rory and then the three of you. So we can keep talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll try telling that to the PR department back then, that's not how it.
Speaker 5: So I have a little easter egg in the kiss scene, so I don't think I don't think it was an intentional easter egg because you kind of have to use your imagination and a little bit of wishful thinking. But Jackie, do you have the screenshots or.
Speaker 3: Should I just take off my headphones?
Speaker 5: No? Keep them on? Okay, so this is this is the scene I'm talking about. Look at the lights.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 5: It's an L and a heart and an L. Do you see where Jackie's like Luke and Laura? It's like L heart L.
Speaker 4: Can you say that's a bit of a stretch.
Speaker 1: That's a real stretch, right.
Speaker 4: I don't take any credit for this.
Speaker 5: I saw it on social media like five years ago, but now I cannot unsee it every time.
Speaker 2: Well, heart L, but it also could look like a butterfly.
Speaker 5: On the camera starts moving. Then you lose it.
Speaker 1: But I was saying, I don't think the production would do anything intentional to distract anybody from this kiss.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't think it was intentional at all, because you can see when the camera starts moving, you can see it in three tom and it doesn't look anything like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I could see that, But.
Speaker 5: Somebody pointed that out. I think it was on Twitter, like I don't know, five or six years ago.
Speaker 1: And now it looked like he was looking her that he was taking They were falling down to the street.
Speaker 4: Looks like he's really holding her neck a lot.
Speaker 1: But it's like, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Okay with it? He's like, don't you move on?
Speaker 1: Cue there, Let's just go down to Chinatown right now? Yeah, I mean, what's going on? You? I know that the camp operator the boom is rising up, but it looked like we were actually sinking down. That was kind of cool.
Speaker 5: But how cool would it have been if the like the townspeople right there all turned around and saw them kissing. No, I know, I thought that would have been great.
Speaker 4: The walk up is just.
Speaker 1: So good, it's so it's so it was so right to just keep the camera on her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah right right, look at that delivering so cool and it.
Speaker 4: Looks like guys, it makes me so sad. I can't talk about this.
Speaker 1: Look at us, we're both like breathless.
Speaker 2: And you know what. I love this show. This episode was just as much about Rory and Lorelei as it was about Luke. Like, I feel like it was perfect, like equal, and I like I had literally no notes when it ended. I was like, it was perfect. It was a perfect way to wrap it all together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't stop my heart from turning. Wow, just perfect.
Speaker 4: I was a bit happier of a person before I watched this because now it's over, I was happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was just gonna say I was happy after that scene because we have been waiting all of season seven for Luke and Lorelei to get there, you know what together, And I was glad that they didn't like leave it hanging, like did they get back together or didn't they Like I'm glad that we got to see that and have that reality, because yeah, there was so much in this show that it it does kind of sometimes you wanted to see something you didn't get to see it. So I was glad that they likely gave us that.
Speaker 1: There was like a four season weight to the first kiss, and then there was like maybe a two season weight through two seasons or a three season this one right.
Speaker 5: And then mostly because earlier in the episode, laurelized like, Eh, I'm over him, he's over me, Like we're just going to move on, and so then you know, until this point in the episode, you're thinking, Okay, they're just going to leave it there. So I was glad that we had that that little closure on that. And then then it goes to Laurelized house and they're getting ol of Rory's stuff ready, Like I'm this whole time, Like I start getting choked up at the kiss, and then I'm getting more choked up as I'm watching them packing her stuff and then everything I need.
Speaker 7: I feel like I remember my mom doing that. I mean, not the same thing, but when I was leaving for college, she was like.
Speaker 3: Did you pack this? Did you pack that? Are you sure you have this? Are you sure you have that? And it's just lore life stalling.
Speaker 7: She doesn't want her, you know, want to leave yet.
Speaker 2: Because even when when she went to Yale and she was chill, like she was an hour away, she'd still see her all the time.
Speaker 4: She's never gone that far away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was. It was great. I remember when I went to college, only I only went forty miles away, but I remember my mom driving me up there and she had me read I can't even remember now which play it was, but it was Shakespeare and it was Polonius's advice to layer tees when you said to thine own self be true. Like she had me read that whole section from I forget which.
Speaker 1: Place that's Hamlet is a Hamlet?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so I just will always That was, you know, almost thirty five years ago, I guess, yeah, thirty five years ago, and I still I still remember that pretty cool, So that's cool. It was. It was cool. So that's why I liked that. That scene in the show where Laurela is like giving her the advice and you know, don't wear shorts because your seats you're right.
Speaker 2: Right, which was which was a callbacks this episode one in the shorts, right, the Jeane shorts. Oh that's yeah, I forgot, that's how That's what I took from it. I was like, oh, yeah, the Jeene shorts on the first day of school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well let's give it. Uh, I think we.
Speaker 2: All we still have the last scene.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, sorry, all right.
Speaker 5: Such a good scene, just like the very first scene in episode one. Now we're going to finish up at the dints.
Speaker 4: The men us, and it'd be better with pictures on it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you have to acknowledge that Laurelas wearing the necklace.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, and Lucas I take all the time you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, just pounds while I look at it.
Speaker 4: She's likes and bacon.
Speaker 2: We don't want to let go.
Speaker 4: I think we have to give this the episode a rating and the series a rating that we'll do.
Speaker 1: We'll do both, but let's do this last scene. Go ahead. It's a big build up to the last scene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Luke says, take all the time you need, the little smiling moment, and then it's just it just kind of ends with the little like mother daughter banter about you know.
Speaker 7: The pancakes and the eggs in the house, right right, right right.
Speaker 5: It was it was just it was just the perfect ending scene.
Speaker 1: I thought, the way you could have ended it right, there's no clever button on it, there's no cheesy kind of smiles going back and forth acknowledging that this is the end. It just it's just like, yeah, it's just everyday little pitter pattern between and.
Speaker 7: After seeing the scene, I was like, all as well.
Speaker 1: All yeah, right, all as well, Like a.
Speaker 5: Lot of that anxiety of season seven was just gone because I know that it like kind of okay, everyone's in a good place right now. So I think it was to your earlier point, Scott, it was a great way to end it because it does look and feel like a series finale, but it didn't have to be like you could also picture it going on from there into a season eight. So I thought it was really well.
Speaker 1: Done, right, And you know, given all of the trauma from the master storytelling for seven seasons of character trauma and trials and tribulations and failures and getting back up and succeeding, and the tension created and the family dynamics and the falling out and the screaming matches, all of that stuff, in that very last scene, I thought, Wow, we got through it. We all got through it and were better for it, and everybody's happy and it all came together and you can't but in such a subtle way, in such a such a great like they didn't shove it in your face with it just brilliant, absolutely brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 2: And I can't state it.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't. Yes, that's exactly, thank you, Amy. It was understated, classy, classy, classy. I can't wait to start watching it again. I don't, you know, can't. I'm gonna. I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 4: We'll see, we'll see about that.
Speaker 7: We'll see what I get into the movies, guys.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't. No one agrees with me, but I like the movies.
Speaker 5: I like the movies.
Speaker 1: Did well, we're gonna result see.
Speaker 4: I've only watched the movies once, so this will it'll.
Speaker 2: Be interesting, how I feel.
Speaker 1: I've only seen Winter because I was forced to watch it at the premiere.
Speaker 2: I was at that premiere.
Speaker 1: Were you really?
Speaker 2: I was, And I'll send you guys pictures, but I was. Yeah, it was crazy how many fans showed up. And then the next day was they they transformed an area of U. C.
Speaker 8: L A.
Speaker 2: Into Stars Hollow and I got to get no way. Yeah, I'll send you his pictures because they Yeah, it was yeah, because it was in It was at the Westwood theater. So then like part of the premiere again, I think the after party was there, right, Scott, And then the.
Speaker 4: Next theater just went out, like there's theater's gone now just like very recently.
Speaker 1: What a shame?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that was like an iconic movie theater.
Speaker 1: Is that the Bruin Theater.
Speaker 5: Street?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, there both are still there.
Speaker 1: Thousands of fans were there. I mean when I you know, they send nice suv to get you in, to take you in, and when when we got out of the car, I was shocked. I mean we saw all the fans, but when they but when when each actor got out of their cars.
Speaker 6: The fans erupted.
Speaker 1: I mean it was just it was really like I thought, what did we just walk into a Tom Cruise movie? Did we make a wrong term somewhere? I mean it was something. All right, So let's uh, let's rate the We're going to do two ratings. We'll go through the show and then then we'll come back and we'll do this series rating. All right, So who wants to start us off? Say any want to start us off with the show, this particular show rating and your measuring stick please, So for.
Speaker 5: This particular episode. I have to give it a ten really large tents.
Speaker 1: Ten really large tents, Tara.
Speaker 2: I will give it ten. Of course, necklaces that Luke gave Laura Lai.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Uh, Danielle, I think you're muted, Danielle. Daniel was sorry, but you created some real tension were Oh god, she really did.
Speaker 7: I would give it ten out of ten. Nightgown sashes nice.
Speaker 2: Amy out of ten, Christian alm on force good one.
Speaker 1: Uh, I am gonna give it uh ten Babbetts swollen ankles.
Speaker 4: All right, So now we're doing the whole series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Suzanne, if you please?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, all seven seasons?
Speaker 1: Now what was so? Wait a minute, So we're measuring Gilmore.
Speaker 4: Girls as a series.
Speaker 1: As an entire series versus your experience growing up watching every TV series that you're aware of.
Speaker 4: Correct in your life that you know of so far.
Speaker 1: So Time magazine named Gilmore Girls from the top one hundred series of all time. What is Suzanne, French magazine?
Speaker 4: Yes, that is exactly right, Scott Well said.
Speaker 5: Okay, So am I giving it the number of out of like? Is it ten out of ten? Or am I saying it's number X out of the hundred series.
Speaker 4: Let's go ten out of ten, because that's what we've been doing the whole time.
Speaker 1: Well wait a minute, no, no, I think that's interesting though. I think that's interesting because.
Speaker 4: I means so much work. If I'm like, where does this compared to Walking Dead and The West Wing?
Speaker 1: And no, I think try put it maybe in your top fifty. What do you think let's do.
Speaker 4: Let's do a top fifty, all right, throwing me a curbo, I mean.
Speaker 5: Really, I'm gonna have to put this as number two in my.
Speaker 4: Top Well, now I have to number one.
Speaker 5: Number one? Is I Love Lucy?
Speaker 1: That's a classic. Okay, all right, Tara.
Speaker 2: I'm not just saying this because it's a show, but it's probably my number one because I think it's the only series that I will go back to in any time, like anytime of the year. If it's on, I always stop to watch it. So yeah, I think it's my number one.
Speaker 3: Danielle, I'll say top five.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, but you have to be specific, I'm sorry, in order to qualify number five, number five, So who's one through four?
Speaker 7: And I'm trying to think, I'm trying to think, you're really throwing us an assignment here that I'm doing on the fly.
Speaker 1: This is so like was one of mine.
Speaker 7: Okay, I can watch Loss like it's nobody's business.
Speaker 2: Give us one more.
Speaker 1: What's Laguna Beach?
Speaker 3: Lagoda Beach might be like three?
Speaker 1: Is that a reality show?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Really good that.
Speaker 1: Paned thighs and ripped abs and Laguna Beach b Yes, Amy, Amy, I mean, oh.
Speaker 4: It's definitely top ten, definitely top ten. It's bordering on top five. I'm kind of like, I think West Wing Walking Dead. I think those are like brilliant unique. I have to give the Brady bunch in there just because of like nostalgia for me that I just watched every episode growing up. Like you know, I might say Friends is in there somewhere.
Speaker 3: In the city. I'm surprised you even said so.
Speaker 4: Sex and the City is my number one. So my number one is Sex and the City by far. So that's kind of bumping. Gilmore likes position six seven, so I'd say it's probably top eight if I to stay honest about it.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, Okay, I feel like I need to make my list now I know.
Speaker 7: And now that I'm thinking about it, I haven't really seen many series that are unscripted or that are sorry that are scripted?
Speaker 2: That what about like Gossip Girl? OC, No, you didn't watch those, They don't watch them.
Speaker 1: All right, So I'm gold an.
Speaker 4: Order could be up there for me Svumber one.
Speaker 1: The question was specific to your experience growing up watching your shows as you grew up.
Speaker 4: Ten Top ten for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's a very subjective poll that we're conducting here. Yeah, okay, so for my money, you know, the best shows I have, I'll compare it to the best shows I've ever seen. The Dick Van Dyke show, gets Smart. You know, there was some because you know, the Jackie the Honeymooners, the Jackie Gleason show. This, I mean, I'm dating myself, but you know who cares because it combines a big heart with a big brain. You know, even something like Bewitched really smart.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say Happy Days. It's not up there for me, but it's like it's in the top twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got brains and heart to that theory, because Gilmore Girl really has brains and it's really got heart. So and those shows are iconic and I love Lucy as well, right, I mean, and they're all started in black and white? Did I age myself? So I'm gonna put it in my my TV watching experience and series televison. You know, Gosh, I think I'm gonna put this in my top six because it's you know, you gotta you gotta make room for Star Trek, you gotta make room for Jackie Gleason, you got to make room for Dick Van Dyke. You got to make room for those shows. So I think I think number six for me in my experience. So there you go, there you go anyway? Uh that.
Speaker 4: So now we've got the movies. So we've got four movies.
Speaker 1: With Winter, We've got Winter. We're gonna we're gonna do Winter first.
Speaker 2: That's the first one. You have to do it in order it comes in. So when they start with Winter.
Speaker 7: Right an hour?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So then are we doing.
Speaker 1: Like confiscate your clicker.
Speaker 4: I'm probably gonna have to split them up into part one and two.
Speaker 5: But watch it.
Speaker 4: I'll watch it as one watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of have to, Yeah what what watch the whole.
Speaker 4: Watch wind like watching in yeah yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We can't jump ahead and watch no no.
Speaker 4: No, no, just Winter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So your assignments I gave you guys before, watch it twice, like, watch it once just to get it all in because it's not going to be don't expect it to be like a continuation of season seven, right right, Watch it just to get acclimated, and then watch it again, blowing.
Speaker 1: My mind, blowing my mind away. Okay, yeah, it can be a.
Speaker 5: Little jarring the first time, but then you watch it again and then you like it better.
Speaker 1: Jarring jarring.
Speaker 2: Pay two.
Speaker 4: Because we do have our pop culture, we still have to do the pop culture for this episode, so later this week you'll see the pop culture.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's going to wrap it up, everybody. Uh, thank you so much for taking the ride with us through season one through seven, one hundred and fifty three episodes until you know, I thought we did twenty four episodes season one, but I see we only did twenty one, and then we did twenty two episodes season two through six, So grand total of one hundred and fifty three episodes. What a ride, what a team, what a ball club. Thank you ladies so much, and we will see you next time. Best fans on the planet of which I am now one and have been. Thank you all for your your loyalty and your fandom and your love and and your criticism as well. Because we loved it, we love to hear all sides of it anyway, All the best and remember we and die am all in.
Speaker 6: Stay safe, everyone, everybody.
Speaker 1: And don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com