Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look now at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepgar with Lizzie Burton. We're joined by Bloomberg Report, clomb A Ley. Good morning, So it's a really big day for earnings and results, but it's actually added Das that has seen the biggest share price reaction, so that's where we're going to start.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very upbeat results from Adidas, so very good momentum in its apparel division, so that includes things like athlesia or retro football jerseys as well. So just in terms of anecdotal evidence of how popular that is with the younger generation, my brother was begging for a ninety five re edition over Liverpool FC jersey for his twenty fifth birth day, which he got and he was very happy.
Speaker 1: So that's definitely very popular.
Speaker 4: And Adidas also so very strong momentum and it's running and training product, so it was of course in the news very recently because marathon records were broken with Edida's shoes, and so and as are saying that Edidas is seeing really really strong demand and that is really rare in what has become an increasingly fragmented and difficult sportswear market. That's obviously a sector that's been dealing with a range of challenges including tariffs, including currency headwinds, and then also of course a much weaker discretionary spending recently. But it seems that Edida is really managing to rise above those challenges, and the Football World Cup this summer is also going to be an additional boost. It's sponsoring teams like Argentina and Germany, Spain, Mexico, some big ones. Yeah, if you want to get under two hours on a marathon, get yourself some Adidas trade.
Speaker 1: Seems to be the conclusion of the weekend.
Speaker 3: Look, it's a similar positive story for a Mundy Curry also on the move.
Speaker 1: What's jolting investor is there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's interesting for a Mundy because the expectations going into the earnings was that the geopolitical uncertainty of the recent months would mean more muted markets and therefore more muted performance for asset managers. But Mundi actually reported the biggest quarterly inflows in more than four years, and so that was primarily driven by a demand for extra for ETFs and for index products as well, and it seems that this demand was really not impacted by.
Speaker 1: The war in the Middle East at all.
Speaker 4: So the CEO said that inflows were truly exceptional crisis or no crisis, but she still remains a little bit cautious going forward because clients could potentially start holding back the longer that the conflict goes on. But for now, though, she said that the company needs to monitor the situation closely, but that they need to also avoid falling into excessive pessimism. So it's a pretty good day for a MUNDI in quite bright and positive outlook.
Speaker 3: Okay, Deutsche Bank, though their share price at falling took us through the market reaction to that news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a bit more of a mixed picture for Doutschebank. The profit and the revenue were better than expected, but then that was overshadowed by rising provisions for bad loans and then also a big miss on a key metric of capital strem.
Speaker 1: So let's start with the provisions. It said that it.
Speaker 4: Had a single name exposure commercial real estate that had really pushed up provisions to five hundred million euros. And so before the earnings actually some analysts had already started kind of sounding the alarm over some of that commercial real estate exposure, that private credit exposure as well. For Deutsche Bank, it's one of the most exposed in the banking space in Europe. And then on capital strength, the CT one capital ratio also fell by more than expected. So overall that means that the war in Iran and the impact on economic growth is starting to make it a little bit more difficult for doutsche Bank maybe to enact its strategy of boosting investor payouts and boosting profitability as well. And so now Deutsche Bank is the worst performer in among all of the European banks.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to the Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.