Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg.
Speaker 3: Data, let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move. We can do that with Bloomberg's John Tucker, John.
Speaker 1: What do you got? You know we like size and scope here at Bloomberg. So here we go. Deutsche Telecom discussing the possible combination with T Mobile US. This is its American arm. This is a move that would create the world's biggest phone company and also set a record for M and A. I should point out the companies they've actually considered a closer tie up on and off for years. Deutsche Telecom already owns a fifty three percent stake in the US business. They are in early stage talks, according to our sources, about the creation of a holding company that would make a stock bid for both companies. Share is. The new company would have a single, simplified corporate layer. It would control Deutsche Telecom and T Mobiles operations and be jointly owned by the current investors. So this would bring Deutsche Telecom full circle after what it acquired the T Mobile Operations listed and then rebuilt the stake in T Mobile of what the last quarter of a century.
Speaker 4: What is this going to mean if I'm a T Mobile customer here at US, That's what I really want to because you know they've been losing customers. They were on a roll for a while with all those free perks get We'll get you this, you know streaming service and that streaming service for free. Now out here they're going to start charging at least.
Speaker 3: For want to see the wireless business in the US again.
Speaker 1: Advice is call up your provider and say I'm leaving. Give me the best deal.
Speaker 4: The worst thing they'll do is say we have no deal for you, but they may try to negotiate with you.
Speaker 1: So this will top China Mobile, which is currently the leader in the space two hundred and thirty four billion dollars. Boeing out with results. Among the takeaways the headline here, I mean, the one that grabbed me was the fact that they've regained the lead over air Bus in terms of delivery.
Speaker 4: Edit, given all they had to come back from in the PR nightmares.
Speaker 1: Bowie reported the lower that expected cash outflow cash burns, it delivered the most aircraft in the first quarter since twenty nineteen. So the recovery, it looks like, is continuing. With the output the cash burn in the three months one one point four to five billion, that's less than the estimates by a considerable amount. The ramping up output of their cash cow seven thirty seven family commercial aircraft deliveries rising ten percent. That's actually when you count the one hundred and forty three planes, pushing revenue up by about fourteen percent. Kelly Orberg pointed out he's the CEO ponent out of a message to the workers. He figured all the milestones they should be proud of, including the Artemis two moonshot launched this month by the Boeing built space launch system Rocket Risk. Also, he pointed out ramping at production and deliveries. Boeing for what the past decade has gone from one crisis to another exactly. They're forced to fix about twenty five of its seven thirty seven Max aircraft, discovering that a machine had damaged wiring. Some of the deliveries of the seven eighty seven Dreamliner also delayed because of a shortage of seats and cabin interior.
Speaker 4: So I think I guess quality control has improved greatly at Boeing the under the space stadio.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it. At this point they have had a number of My question always for Kelly Orberg, why did they move from Seattle? Was in the Chicago and now they're where they're the front offices.
Speaker 3: They go closer to their biggest customer, which is the US and government. My personal opinion, personal opinion is that they lost their engineering mojo when they left Seattle. That's where the heart of the engineering, that's where the talent is.
Speaker 1: Right. Okay, let's finish up with this. I gotta admit, like a few months ago, if you asked me what a TPU was, I'd give you a blank. Now I'm an expert on now Sure Alpha its Google Cloud division, unveiling the latest generation of its tensor processing unit, the TPU, a homegrown ship that's designed to make AI computing services faster and more efficient.
Speaker 4: It's how can we do it faster? How can we do it more efficiently?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So this lineup comes in two versions. The TPU at tailor for creating artificial intelligence software. The TPU EIGHTI is designed to run AI services and they've been created. This is a still a stage known as Inference to you.
Speaker 2: Inference eight I this stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 4: Four