Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Yetty, a Yale psychiatry fellow, told MSNBC it's okay to cancel Thanksgiving plans with relatives who voted for Trump, also endorsing the effort Trump voters, Yeah, psychologist says, or therapist says, got the whole world of therapy seriously, Oh my god. Therapists say it's okay to cancel Thanksgiving if you don't want to be with Trump voters, all right, go go live your weird life. What percentage if the whole therapy world's a scam?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a scam, but is worthless eighty to ninety percent in my opinion, And I have spent many thousands of dollars with many, many people. There's definitely some helpful good stuff out there, but there's a lot that's not, which is so unfortunate because there are a lot of people that need help in all kinds of different ways, and they think they're gonna get it that way, and man, you.
Speaker 1: Are not unless you get really lucky.
Speaker 2: Wow, dang in your marriage and your kids and all the things you're and you usually call somebody when you're in a crisis, and they are so unlikely to help you.
Speaker 1: It's just so horrible.
Speaker 2: Just to make it cleary, yours is not a knee jerk dismissing. It's got an observation of the execution, the actual law, you performance of it. I have got decades and maybe six figures worth of bills over the many years with therapists, and it is it is mostly a waste of time, with exceptions that are incredibly valuable. That's one thing that keeps people, you know, trying and going back because the ones that work are amazing and very helpful. But whoa anyway, didn't mean to get off on that. There is some way myself breaking news. The hush money case is going to be delayed for some reason, which sometimes means on these cases it's going away and you'll never hear about it again. I don't even remember which one this was. I mean, I remember it's Stormy Daniels and the sex and all that sort of, but I don't remember. Alvin Bragg thirty four Felonies et cetera, adapting paperwork misdemeanors up into felonies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is one Vershanya.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, wow, And I'm disappointed because I want this appeal appeals court to treat it like I almost said, Aaron judge, but he's a loser. Hey, Hanson, just want to jump in he real quick. Noah Rothman is on Fox talking about this right now. Can you grab some of that hands, And I'd love to hear what he's saying on this result, because if this turns out to be like you just said, this will be the nail in the coffin of the proof that it was just law fair, It wasn't just an attempt to bring the guy down. I just wanted it to be so inescapably clear nobody could could deny it anymore.
Speaker 1: Although there's such cultists.
Speaker 2: I mean, they would accuse the judge, the appeals panel or whatever that overturned the verdict of being you know, maga or whatever.
Speaker 1: So there's no getting through to these people.
Speaker 2: So here's something I came across that I thought was darned interesting, and it looks to me, without a tremendous amount of research on this, that the Free market plays a big role in this graph. So it's a graph of things that have gotten cheaper since two thousand. So this century things that have gotten more expensive since two thousand and the difference is amazing of their list. You know what has gotten more affordable the most this century. TVs have become more affordable almost one hundred percent cheaper than they were beginning of the century, followed by toys, which.
Speaker 1: Has got to do with I don't know, Chinese crap, cheap, Chinese crap correct.
Speaker 2: Cell phone services have gotten have gone down forty one percent since the beginning of the century. Who even thinks about their cell phone bill?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: I was trying to explain to my kids on how I only called mom and dad every so often because it was expensive long distance phone calls. You know, you had to think about what time of day, what day it was, and how often you called and how long you talked. I'd keep an eye on the cloth, think, oh god, it's been ten minutes. I better get off the phone. Nobody thinks about that at all anymore, which is cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, I just had a memory.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, there I am at my fiance's house and her.
Speaker 1: Quite a bit older.
Speaker 2: I grew up just barely post recession, not recession depression.
Speaker 1: Dad, who was extremely frugal.
Speaker 2: I called my parents to let them know something, and it was like not a long distance call, but a toll call in the judy's dad. He called me on it, and I'm like, really, really, that call probably cost thirty eight cents.
Speaker 1: Here's a buck.
Speaker 2: Keep the chance. Closest I ever came to a spat with my in laws. My godling me up a little bit. Did you have that tone of voice or were you just thinking that? Or you know what? The human memory is a funny thing. I would like to hear the audio of that. I was trying to keep it cool, but I suspect there was just a bit of edge in my voice saying I'll be happy to pay for it. Is different, fan, here's a buck keep the change.
Speaker 1: Well, I believe that was the verbiage and the tone is different. Accounts accounts very.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my god. So clothing has been roughly flat. Trust trust me, this is about to get interesting. Clothing has been flat this century. New cars are up twenty six percent since the year two thousand. This is all ingested for inflation. You realize cars are up twenty six percent, But what has gone up the most. I'll skip up there, childcare and nursery school. Why is that up one hundred and thirty two percent? Why is childcare up so much? Is it all the subsidies that drove it up and that's part of it? And just I think demand? Why is there so much more demand? I just I would like to know. I would like to hear a smart person explain all that.
Speaker 1: More and more women in the workforce.
Speaker 2: But here's your top three. College textbooks are up one hundred and fifty four percent since the year two.
Speaker 1: Costs of paper and ink.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, yeah, we all know that printing.
Speaker 1: Books is so much more expensive than it used to be.
Speaker 2: College tuition and fees up one hundred and eighty five percent since two thousand, and they were expensive in two thousand. Yeah, there's been a five percent increase in the number of students, and what an eighty seven percent to increase in the number of administrators.
Speaker 1: That's funny, it seems to correlate.
Speaker 2: I would love to have a bunch of policy makers and economists take on this chart and argue with each other over the ones that have gone off a cliff in terms of prices and the ones that have shot up like a rocket in terms of prices, and explain the differences in you know, policies and the sort of things they are and everything, and why this is justified but this doesn't make any sense, or what we could do to change this around because some of this stuff is nut So the college tuition and fees, I think we mostly have a handle on that. The one we don't have a handle on because nobody fully understands it. But it's all kinds of government intervention. It's the opposite of the free market. Hospital services two hundred and forty four percent since the beginning of this century moving up. And I don't know about you. I mean, I didn't have kids till twenty ten, so I spent a lot more time at the doctor than I ever did in my life before. But oh my god, it's expensive to go to the doctor with anything now.
Speaker 1: It's horrific.
Speaker 2: And I've been reading a fair amount about this and trying I'm struggling with how to present it to the show. Maybe we ought to have Craig the healthcare Guru on again, but because of the unholy uh marriage between alleged free market companies and the huge amount of regulation, which is government officials decreeing how the market should operate, and the bribes that go between them at every stage of healthcare. At every stage of getting your prescriptions, for instance, there are multiple players who are reaping huge profits and squeak any competition with the blessing of their government overlords. It is an enormous scam and the consumer is getting screwed. Bad dishonesty in Congress is a big part of it too. I got some bills the other day. It has gotten to the point now where I used to with my kids pretty much knee jerk, something big happens, We're going to the doctor. I'm really gonna hold off unless it's very very clear that going to the doctor is a good idea.
Speaker 1: Because it's so flip and expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Johnny, you've still got one arm left. Let's just see how quick the bleeding stops. Let's be cup is half full, people here, You've got an arm. Hospital services are up two hundred and forty four percent since the beginning of the century, and you would need one hundred economists and policymakers to even get close to explaining why, and then the solution would be more complicated than that. Dang it. Yeah, the general overview is not that complicated. So it's similar to we've been talking about on our local news because we broadcast out of California. They're about to add another sixty five cents a gallon to our gas in California, which if you're from other states, you know California has by far the most expensive gas. It's just insane. They're gonna add another sixty five cents. The goal is to make it so you won't drive a gas powered car anymore. You'll either ride the light rail, or ride a bike, or buy an electric car. They're trying to force you to change your lifestyle. The goal with for a lot of people, some of it is just greed and making money. But with the whole hospital thing, plenty of policy makers they want to get it so expensive that people throw up their hands and say, yeah, full government healthcare, sign me up.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And at some point you can understand where you would get there, think, well, how much more expensive could it get it? At least I wouldn't have to fill out all this paperwork and everything in the same way in theory. It's not the way it actually would work, right right, I was just doing some quick math. Yeah, one two hundred and thirty fifth of the world's population making meaningless green energy gestures is really going to help with the climate change. It is just so dumb and frustrating and angering. Democrats have the advantage of it. They can come up with policies that make things so expensive they convince people to go their direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whether it's has any meaningful impact or not, what do you want?
Speaker 2: It's not the point. The point is whether they feel noble or not. Anyway, speaking of the prices of things, I found this so interesting. It's an article in the journal about luxury goods that they cost a lot more these days with no improvement and quality to make up for it, and sales are starting to dip among some of the luxury brants. I want to hear about that basic cotton T shirt at Christian Dior. How much are you paying for your basic cotton T shirts? Well, at Dior it's one thousand dollars. Whoa Gucci's plainest black horse bit loafers. We're gonna have to start with the term horse bit. I mean, does a horse like chomp on it and that leave teeth marks? Is that desirable? I don't even know what they mean. It's a little gold thing on the top of the shoe. Looks like the bit you put in a horse's mouth. Okay, I'm enlightened now Their plainest horse bit loafers ringing at nine hundred and ninety dollars A Brunello Chucinelli Cardigan is eighty nine to ninety five. And I don't mean eighty nine dollars now, I mean nine thousand freaking dollars, nine thousand. I want to discuss this because I saw some of this in Vegas over the weekend, and the whatever goes with that, the culture, whatever, and the price sensitivity among different groups for luxury brands.
Speaker 1: That's when it gets really interesting.
Speaker 2: Are we going to talk elasticity? It's another elastic prices Tuesday.
Speaker 1: It's right to.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show. So Marco Rubio, senator from Florida, who I'm a fan of, is going to be our secretary of State. I like his hawkishnists, and Bremer tweeted out that Mike Walls and Marco Rubio, Mike Walls is going to be the national Security advisor, I guess and Marco Ruby are both serious and credible on foreign policy. US allies around the world feeling more comfortable with both of these announcements. I don't know how concerned I was with how comfortable the rest of the world was with Trump's picks, but doesn't hurt. And it's an interesting thing I've heard people say throughout the years. You know, if your president asked you to serve, you serve. But Marco Rubio is a pretty young guy still in his forties. Could have been a senator for another forty years from Florida, which was pretty good.
Speaker 1: He tried to get out.
Speaker 2: He's announced he wasn't going to run anymore, and the Republican Party convinced him to run again. I think he's a little worn out by could be the whole legislative thing anyway in DC, but because he's got a maximum of four years of secretary say and then he's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, interesting move. Interesting move.
Speaker 2: So back to our discussion of prices and inflation, luxury brands and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I just found this interesting.
Speaker 2: Psychologists who study consumer behavior point out that people buy designer goods mostly almost entirely for emotional reasons, because you can get to be mid priced goods that are extremely high quality. Obviously, the main one is to separate themselves from the crowd the poor people and signal where they sit in the social pecking order. And luxury brands spend billions of dollars a year on advertising to make sure their products become totems of wealth and success in people's minds. Some of it's in your own mind, and then that nobody will even know, like the T shirt exam but who's going to know you have a thousand dollars T shirt? Some things like the shoes, other people in the know will recognize that. In the room, you'll and you'll be able to connect on that level that oh, you're one of us. Sure watches are a big thing among men, and that sort of thing too. Some luxury shoppers like to telegraph their riches more than others, though, and here's where it gets interested interesting. People want to make a statement, gravit toward labels with bigger logos to send an obvious signal.
Speaker 1: I hate logos.
Speaker 2: The ultra rich, on the other hand, don't tend to shout about their wealth as much. They buy the costliest but most discrete luxury brands and they list some, but I don't know from these brands. One study found that this is the part I love. One study found that for every five thousand dollars increase in the price of luxury goods, the brand's logo shrinks by a centimeter. In other words, the guy wearing head to toe logos is unlikely to be one of the luxury's biggest spenders. Right there, you're kind of wealthy. I want everybody to know how wealthy I am. Type right, so you see a super rich guy no logos, That stuff probably cost an insane amount of money's or in ten thousand dollars pants or something, right exactly because the consumer's value luxury goods the STATS symbol as willing to pay huge premium. Luxury brands routinely charge a mark of eight to twelve times on the production costs of their goods. This makes the business is selling luxury very, very profitable if you can become one of those brands. Top luxury labels have margins, in other words, profit north of thirty percent, compared to around seven percent for your GAP or H and M for instance. Well, I've talked about grailed and eBay before these are websites. Those very Gucci shoes you mentioned, you could get a new pair your size, probably three to four hundred dollars, completely new, unworn, you go slightly worn. You talking like two hundred bucks. So you know, if you're a discrete shopper, you can do it that way. But maybe that takes all the emotional fun out of it for those people I don't know well, and I wonder interestingly, luxury brands have an inversion of usual consumer laws. The higher the price is, the more business they'll get because the ultra rich perceived that has separated themselves again from we the poor people. I got a book for you. It's called the Bible. I had the needle. You might want to look up that the whole phrase there.
Speaker 1: Huh oh what I suggest? How much is this leader?
Speaker 2: Arn't Trump and getty?
Speaker 3: I made two separate videos before the election. One of the video said I was gonna vote for Kamala Harris. The other video said I was gonna vote for Donald Trump. And I just wanted to see the mixed reactions from people and how people would react. Because I do a lot of work from my hometown, do a lot.
Speaker 1: Of work for my community.
Speaker 3: I work with young boys, and I never said who I was voting for. But I made those two videos because I want to show people how they are in reality. I made the Donald Trump video and I made the Kamala Harris video. Under the Kamala Harris video, you definitely had some Trump supporters like, well, we understand that you may have a different opinion or whatever, but we still support what you do. Maybe you'll wake up one day, et cetera, et cetera. You know things like that. It wouldn't nothing, vow with't no bad comments or nothing. I made the Donald Trump video. I got people to unfollowed me. I got people saying they can't support nothing I.
Speaker 2: Do no more.
Speaker 3: I got full calling, y'all types of names, et cetera, et cetera. But what's crazy is all of the Kamala hair supporters have become what they accused Trump supporters of being. When you say you support Donald Trump, y'all be ready to kill them, y'all ready to hate to burn them at the stake. You call them all types of names and unfollow them. You don't care what they're doing for their community. Now, if you support Trump, if you, I hate you so much, et cetera, et cetera. But all the people under the post, all the Trump supporters, when I said I was going to vote for Cavolo, it was all love anyway.
Speaker 1: It was like what we said to make you you can fade him down.
Speaker 2: Now, that's a young man by the name of King Randall, who is he explained, as an activist in his local community, working with young boys and that sort of thing. And he just did that as a social experiment. And it's funny that came under my radar screen like thirty seconds after this stead and this is Nate Silver, legendary, Nate Silver Polster. And he said, even though our forecast was near fifty to fifty for almost the whole election race, there were certainly periods that were relatively better or worse for Harrison Trump. Our narrative content followed accordingly, with about an even mix of newsletters that presented optimistic cases for Harris and Trump during the ups and downs of the campaign. We all remember that the post convention bump and that sort of stuff. So I essentially got to perform a randomized control trial on how partisans in both camps reacted and could in bad news, and there was an asymmetry. Republicans are generally happy when you agree with them part way or half the time, admittedly, and then he goes into some of the details. But Democrats, however, and here I'm not referring so much the Silver bulletin subscribers, that's this newsletter, but in the broader universe online often get angry with you when you only halfway agree with them. And I really think this difference in personality profile tells you a little something about why Trump won. Trump was happy to take on all comers, in other words, engage them, talk to them, disagree with them, argue with them, even whereas with Democrats, disagreement on any hot button topic, say COVID school closures or Biden's age, will have you cast out as a heretic. That's not a good way to build a majority. And now Democrats no longer have one. And Nate Silver's definitely a non partisan guy. That's just his observation. Well, that's clearly true. I mean, how many different venues did Trump go into where he knew he was hated walking in there? Kamala didn't even go on shows where she's mostly liked. Yeah, other than notably the Brett Bear interview, which was intentionally shortened. Right, she showed fifteen minutes late for him. Yeah, yeah, But anyway, I just I think, in building toward a point, well, why don't we just work our way there? So came across a Twitter thread that I thought was quite good. Rachel Wong was behind it, and she costs a lot of different people.
Speaker 1: It's why.
Speaker 2: It's one of those why Trump won, why Hair's lost things. And she goes into a lot of reasons spoiler alert. She says they aren't racist, sexist, or stupid, and she mentions, and this all includes quotes and links and videos and stuff like that, but patriotism, prosperity, policies, positivity, and she quotes Constantine kissin the Russian British he's not British comedian talking about you know, most Americans love America. They feel positive about it, and they think the American dream is fine and they're still trying to grab it. But among elites that that is just incredibly unfashionable. Uh, common sense versus nonsense, free speech versus censorship.
Speaker 1: She has another person she quotes.
Speaker 2: Yet I want to jump in real quick on that because I know I hear that portrayed to all the time because Trump says things about America in its current state very negative. And then I would see on your lefty channels like MSNBC he continues to bad mouth America, how can he expect to give vote for Well. The difference between the left's bad mouthing America and Trump's bad mouthing America is Trump was bad mouthing the current state of things, which seventy five percent of Americans thought we were going in the wrong direction, so that would resonate with But he wasn't bad mouthing the Founding Fathers, where the Founding Principles or the Founding Principles are the fact that we exist on earth, whereas the left is trying to take all the names off of your schools and thinks that the world would be better if the United States had never existed. Those are very different versions of bad mouthing America. I'm criticizing because I love or I just hate it top to bottom.
Speaker 1: Very different thing.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said that she mentions backlash against anti mail sentiment and a better vision for boys and men, and I would love to get more into that. Then she says the obvious, every regular, everyday folks who want regular everyday things, food, clothing, shelter, privacy, respect for boundaries, sex based rights for women's and women and girls, women's spaces, women's sports, child safeguarding and not indoctrinating them, porn in schools. And you know some of the people the Trump surrounded him with, and she it's it's very good in detailed and will include a link. But the main thing I wanted to get to, because it hasn't really crystallized in my head until recently, is her point number three. It has more to do with the repudiation of totalitarianism than with Trump as a person. And you hear totalitarianism and you think of Oprah's ridiculous, you know, predictions and everything about the Handmaid's Tale and there will be no more elections and that sort of thing. And Michael Madison Square Garden is reminiscent of the Nazis, and it was just like the Nazis.
Speaker 1: You remember the Nazis, Yeah, we remember the thing Nazis.
Speaker 2: But on the question of totalitarianism, put aside your polypide class his three book version of totalitarianism and harken your ear if you would to one Michael Schellenberger, Michael will start with sixty five and go from there.
Speaker 4: These results are nothing short of a massive political realignment that should put to bed once and for all the corrosive myth that Trump's coalition is driven by white supremacy or fascism. And so, if anybody really wants to understand why so many of us, even if we have our criticisms of Trump, feel relief and vindication as victory, they need to consider that it has more to do with the repudiation of totalitarianism than with Trump as a person, or even as policies. Wokeism or whatever you want to call it, progressivism, identity politics, radical leftism has been rampaging through society for roughly the last decade. Literal sometime between Occupy Wall Street in twenty eleven and the first Black Lives Matter protests in twenty thirteen, seemingly normal liberals and Democrats started to lose their minds. Everything became racist, everything became suspicious. Nothing was more suspicious than not agreeing one hundred percent with the official woke democratic agenda. Trump's election put wokeism on steroids, suddenly a word that in the past, only extreme radical leftists had used to describe a Republican president. Fascist was now being used by very serious people like the New York Times columnists, establishment Democrats, and the previously sober Foreign policy establishment.
Speaker 2: There's a fair amount more jack unless you want to jump in right there. Here's where he really brings it home.
Speaker 4: From news and entertainment media to schools and universities. These institutions encouraged and participated in the mass condemnation and cancellation of heretics, which became known as the Great Awokening and was really a new witch hunt. Ordinary and otherwise decent people behaved cruelly. They accused people they had known for years or decades of bigotry or racism, or of wanting to genocide trans people, or wanting millions to die from COVID. Diverging from progressive orthodoxy in any way became enough for people to not only end friendships, but to insist that the transgressors be ostracized and excommunicated.
Speaker 1: Ah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Those who had made a great show of being courageously, open minded and tolerant became intolerant, incurious, and cowardly. We were asked to pretend that the people carrying the pitchforks and torches to go witch hunting were in fact well intentioned and just cared a lot more than the rest of us. They didn't. Behind the tautalitarianism were individuals who had given into base motives like hedonism, envy, dogmatism, self righteousness, prejudice, snobbery, psychopathy. Reconciliation is the higher road than revenge. But such reconciliation cannot occur until we confront the lies and reveal the full truth of the tatalitarianism that we all just went through. We must not let the abusers gaslight us into thinking that what occurred was anything other than abnormal.
Speaker 2: The point being, there was great energy on the left, and a lot of you have suffered for it, materially in punishing anyone who dared dissent on a variety of topics, A wide variety of topics, not vehement disagreement, not even shouting and wagging fingers.
Speaker 1: But I will ruin you.
Speaker 2: I will end your career, I will dox you, I will call your employer on everything from boys and girls sports to COVID policy to all of the other things he mentioned Me too, going way too far right right, and then near's I came across another thread. Jake, who is a professor of classics at a university, says, I'm fifty three years old. The last four years I'm out to the most repressive totalitarian era I've ever lived through. This guy's in academia, so he believe me, he knows what he's talking about, and he quotes a thinker Noem Dorman. If the general atmosphere of fear we live in as people who want to speak and live freely, if all that change in American society had the fingerprints of a particular leader on it, that leader would be a fascist. And then they go into a fair amount of detail about the fact that, as he says, it was not a fascist leader, but a society wide culture of totalitarian intolerance that made me watch my words like a hawk for half a decade. It was fear of retaliation from the left that made me lay awake at night, terrified that a student might have misinterpreted something that I said in class and initi initiated a cancelation campaign against me. It was not a fascist leader, but left doing culture of retribution in the face of which tenured faculty and college administrators, coward wielded by eighteen year olds that ended the career of a colleague of mine because she read out loud a word in an anti racist comic book. Yes, students, with the complicity of an entire college staffed with cowards whose fear was nonetheless rational, actually ended her career for reading an anti racist comic book. She must have said n word, even though it was in an anti racist book.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was not a fascist leader, but a left wing culture of fear that generated countless whispers among faculty in the halls of my college and others. Every professor afraid to tell any but their most trusted colleagues about how students had stood up in class to accuse them of traumatizing or harming them for teaching basic facts or failing to teach the subject from the now mandatory ideological perspective of Afro pessimism, or of teaching material unobjectionable just the year before that was now inherently white supremacist. And he goes on quite eloquently about the maoist culture on college campuses. Well, that ain't over, like you said, it's the end of the beginning or beginning of the end or whatever it is. Yeah, and that ain't over on the college campuses.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But and once in a while, I admit I fail to give the American people enough credit for noticing what I'm noticing. Right. I'm shocked, happily shocked that people were onto this, and they might not use the fancy words, but they understood, Wait a minute, there's a force in our society that's making it impossible to disagree or you get punished. And they knew in their hearts. Even if again they didn't know the terminology, they knew that was ugly and wrong and unfreaking American. Nuff said. Quick word from our friends at Warrior Foundation Freedom Station. We've been talking about them for years, the wonderful work they do for our warriors when they need it most, including at holiday time, sending them home to be with their loved ones. Yeah. This Veterans Day Week, Warrior Foundation's gonna hopefully raise a bunch of money with your help to help fly our heroes at home for the holidays, ill and injured Marine soldiers and sailors home for the holidays, and you can help.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This year, they're building their third transitional housing property designed to craft a sense of community from recovery and cultivate independence for our warriors, and big part of that is making sure they're home with mom, Dad, bro, and.
Speaker 1: Sis at the holidays.
Speaker 2: Consider making a donation this week at Warrior Foundation dot org during their annual giveth on. Yep, just go to Warrior Foundation dot org. The official giveth on is Thursday, but I imagine they accept money pretty much any time. Sure and make sure you get the name right. It's Warrior Foundation dot org. Warrior Foundation dot org. So Trump is starting to appoint cabinet members, which are interesting look into what the administration is going to be like. But one of the big Trump court cases has had a major development today we can tell you about. Also, some people are calling this the worst answer in the history of Jeopardy. That's a high bar or a low bar, depending on how you look at it. We'll have you listen and see what you think.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned.
Speaker 2: So I'm starting we are very suspicious of a lot of c that go viral that the people did it on purpose. You know, you slipped on the ice and you had somebody there with a phone and you I don't know if you just enjoy the clicks, or you think you're going to become an influencer, or what I'm wondering about Jeopardy? Now? Are there really this many stupid people around? Or has Jeopardy figured out that if you have somebody make a Wheel of Fortune? I'm sorry, I got the wrong game whee intellectually completely different games. Wheel of Fortune has figured out that if you have somebody make a really really stupid guess, it goes viral and you get more attention for your show. I don't know. I'm going to tell you ahead of time that the solved puzzle. First of all, like every letter was up there, but like two, I mean it was basically the phrase was up there, and treat yourself to a round of applause is the correct answer. And Ryan Seacrest sets it up here he's the new host. I'd forgotten that Ryan Seacrest, who doesn't have enough money and enjoys being on TV. I guess the host of Wheel of Fortune. Listen to how a round of applause? Treat yourself to a round of applause. Here we go, six.
Speaker 1: Couple of f's.
Speaker 2: I like to buy you, well, you're gonna get three US.
Speaker 1: I like to solve the puzzle.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let's hear it. Treat yourself a round of sausage. I'm sorry, that's not it, and then the next person solves it because it's all there. But like one letter, I do enjoy a round of sausage.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: I might answered that way too, It had been on my mind. I don't need applause, I need sausage. Oh god. I was chatting with a buddy of mine about the escaped monkeys in South Carolina day and he saw news report that involves some local who is out hunting and saw some monkeys.
Speaker 1: Guy with a fairly thick accent.
Speaker 2: I guess, And my buddy said, and he's not like super a media guy, but he said, you could tell the guy was really laying.
Speaker 1: It on sick.
Speaker 2: He was trying to go viral. Oh so, so you know that's the whole I couldn't believe what I saw.
Speaker 1: You know, that's purposely outrageous.
Speaker 2: I saw the monkeys over there, and I just know that they're planning to take over the state.
Speaker 1: Show many monkeys? How many monkeys? He's enough? Right, Okay, you're outrageous, right.
Speaker 2: So the people that do that is it just like the gratification of getting a thousand likes just among you know, or or are they hoping to become up an influencer or something A.
Speaker 1: Brand, A brand, I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean, is there nothing join me? I don't know, because I got we got this radio show, so I get.
Speaker 1: A tremendous amount of gratification from that.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what it would be like to not have that and then all of a sudden have something funny on Instagram and you get two thousand people see it. Maybe it's very, very pretty heady, it's a Russia cool Maybe maybe we'll talk about this more later. But Trump is starting to fill out his cabinet. I feel like it's faster than administrations have done in the past. Have you heard anything about that. I mean, we're at a week today, fast and public.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But he named Marco Rubio is going to be a Secretary of State, which is I'm happy about, other than some of the hedging Rubio is done on Ukraine lately. I have a feeling Rubio was angling for this job knew where Trump was on it. Although I saw a clip from just the other day. This is like two days ago. Rubio was interviewed and they got on the topic of Ukraine and he said, look, it's a stalemate and there's no breaking it being a stalemate. He said, the Biden administration, if they were honest with you, what they're saying behind the scenes is this is a stalemate. Ukraine is not getting that land back. That was the argument I was just about to jump in with. So how are you going to turn the tide without this point, without fully getting invested in the war which nobody's in.
Speaker 1: Favor of, right right?
Speaker 2: Could it be Trump comes up with a truly creative solution that grants some of what Putin needs. Warm water, port, blah blah blah. We'll have to see, but continuing on the current plan doesn't seem to make any sense. The Rubio is a heck of a China Hawk, and I like that from our new Secretary of State Armstrong and Getty