Speaker 1: What's going on? Everybody? Welcome into Leading Off the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast. We are presented by Bet three six five Bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use that promo code Leading Off only with our friends over at BET three six five. Welcome back everybody. It is the Joe and Bubba Show here once again on Leading Off. Joel Rico taking the spot behind the mic here with Casey Bubba. You can find over on Twitter at b d En Trick Bubba. I have the graphic switched around and I was in your square, you were in my square. So we're off to a roaring start here. How you doing today, my friend?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. We could share squares. It's okay. We're all just one big, happy family around here. So doing great. It's Friday. We're trickling tours, you know, three weeks after this, so baseball's going but we're loving it as usual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're really getting down to the nitty gritty. You got a fun outline today with some playoff prep. I got a couple of two star pitchers for next week. We're going to discuss a couple of hot bats. We're also gonna talk about potentially picking up for the stretch run. But we're gonna get started off with some headlines today and this one is right up Bubba's Ali being in the Bay Area. Being a Giants fan, Matt Chapman agreed to an extension.
Speaker 3: Kind of an odd timing.
Speaker 1: You don't usually see them come around this time of year, but six years, one hundred and fifty one million dollars for Matt Chapman. What is your thought process on this as a fantasy manager going forward and also as a Giants fan, do you like to move for the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a fantasy manager, still a pretty solid you know, probably a top twelve, top fifteen, third basement depending on how you feel about him. I think he's done very well this year. He's not flashy, but he's gonna have twenty plus homers again, been very serviceable. As a fan, absolutely love it. I am ecstatic for multiple reasons because every offseason it's the Giants are linked to this player linked linked LinkedIn. They don't sign anybody to get that out of the way right now, big fan, big fan of that whole situation. Secondly, twenty five million year for the next six years, in about three or four years. Twenty five meals is not gonna sound like anything that's gonna be cheap the way things are going, so pretty pumped on that as well. And he just gives great defense when we already have pitchers like Logan Web and company coming through there. He's a great leader. There's a lot of factors about Chapman that he's again not flashy for fantasy. He's serviceable, very serviceable for fantasy, but when it comes to on the field and just the player that he is. As a Giants fan, absolutely pumped about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the defense.
Speaker 1: Watching him the last couple of years in Toronto, he was obviously a great defender. I think he won maybe one Gold Glove in Toronto, but the metrics weren't quite what they had been earlier on in his career. They've really bounced back this season. Fifteen defensive run saved, seven outs above average. The defense is great, the offense has been there, and from a fantasy point of view, he's thirteen stolen bases for Matt Chapman, who came into the season with eleven career stolen bases, so that's obviously been a huge part of.
Speaker 3: It as well. I like the move as well. I think this is a really solid real life and fantasy move.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see the Giants continue to add pieces in the way that they tend to, you know, they open up the pocketbooks a little bit, so I think there's a chance they could add a couple more pieces here and make this offense even a little bit. That are heading into next year, but a great move for the Giants. Parker Meadows hit a grand slam last night, go ahead grand slam off of Robert Suarez. Since his return over the last month, since August third, when he came back, he's slashing three oh one three point thirty three five twenty four with three homers and five stolen bases. Leading off a lot of the time in Detroit. What are your thoughts on Parker Meadows? Is he somebody that you're interested in down the stretch and also heading into next year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I absolutely love it that. It's good to see him getting it going, you know, high high expectations entering draft season and then it obviously didn't work out. Goes a triple A, works on a few things, comes back, looks good before the hammy injury. Now he's returning and doing it all over again leading off, giving him a little bit of power, tons of speed, hitting for average. I'm very intrigued to come next season. Like, in reality, this might be the ceiling for Parker metals, but why couldn't he be this year's the next year's Jared Duran. Why couldn't he be that guy? Like that's like maybe a high ceiling, but that's the ceiling you could like shoot for in a draft, and you're probably gonna get him ten fifteen rounds after Jared Randam. Unless he less Parker continues to finish like this, then Helium will take over. So to your initial question, very excited with what we're seeing, Very interested in him for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like the comp I really do.
Speaker 1: He's got the power, he's got the speed, the ability to hit for a high average. I think the power might even be a little bit better than what Duran brings to the table overall, So could definitely be something that comes to fruition. I really like the Tigers offense, you know, I was talking about it last night with Vlad. I just think that they have a chance to do what Kansas City kind of did this year and take that next step forward in kind of a weaker division, a lot of offensive pieces taking another step. Maybe Jackson Job comes up and looks like what we're hoping for. So I think Detroit could be a really sneaky team next year in Meadows. Could definitely be one of those pieces that contributes over there, really really good stuff. Since he's come back off the IL, a pitching duel went down in Atlanta last night. One of the sides of that pitching duel not too surprising. Rinaldo Lopez six innings, five hits, too, n runs, eleven strikeouts. He's been excellent throughout the entire season. Probably gonna get some cy Young votes. The other side of this equation blew me away. I think he was the highest scoring player of the day in points leagues. If you had a DFS lineup and you put Austin Gomber in it, you got some kahonas, but you got paid off eight innings of one run ball, six strikeouts, and he picked up a win. There's nothing to read into this, right, Like, there's no way you can trust him at all, because I can't. Right, there's a phrase named after him.
Speaker 3: You got gombered. You can't trust him.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah. I The easy answer is I stumbled trying to say this properly, is yes, you cannot trust him, but I will throw a caveat out there. Four of his last five starts, three in runs are less like He's not striking dudes out, but neither is Corbyn Burns everybody like. Actually, Gomber has more strikeouts than Corbyn Burns over his last five starts, but its three in runs are less than four out of five starts for Austin Gomber. So yes, I'm not saying run to pick up Austin Gomber. But at the same time, I'm not saying it's an automatic. No, it's very challenging. I get it. It's stressful and this time of year we do a lot of dumb things. But if you look at Gomber, he gets at Detroit next week. I know, I agree with you. I like the Detroit team, but that could be interesting. He gets Arizona, stay far away from that, and then his last couple of starts he gets Saint Louis. So he's got three more starts. It looks like coming his way, Detroit might be the best of the three. So in the grand scheme, probably not worth anything. In fantasy. But at the same time, I wanted to give him a little hat tip. He's been better, I think than most of us expect, because, like we're all guilty of saying, yep, that's Austin Gomber, stay far away from that.
Speaker 1: I mean, hell, if I'm using him against Detroit, it's probably because I really need the volume. It's a deep league without many replacements. But he's been kind of interesting. Austin Gomber and Patrick Corbyn getting you fantasy championships.
Speaker 2: Down course really good. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Cork Finn's been fantastic. He's like a top twenty player over the last two weeks. Somebody picked him up and and just got an absolute gold out of it. The other side, how did that start?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Ronaldo Lopez, he has really surprised me this season. I was worried about the innings. You know, he hadn't thrown more than one hundred innings going back five years. But he's a two to four ERA, one fifteen whip, eighteen percent strike up minus walk rate, a very successful conversion back into a starter. Does this mean we can trust him going forward? Are you going to be interested in drafting Rayleo next year?
Speaker 2: This is one of the handful of guys. I was talking with Ryan bloomfild on Bubble on the Bloom I think it was Tuesday Show and going this offseason is going to be fun to look into these guys with massive increases in innings, Lopez, even Chris phil his teammate. There's a handful of we know who was like Todd Tanner, Hawck, all these guys and seeing how do we evaluate this, because that's always the age old question. It's one thing is how many extra innings do they get each year? What about the guys take the big jumps, like Hazus Cauzardo took a big jump and now look at him this year. Is that because of the big jump in innings or is that just because hazus Azzardo's injury prom million dollar question Now if you want to pretend nown to that exists and you just want to look at a bubble of how good Renaldo's been the year and do you trust him going forward? I do. And the one reason I do is he was drafted by the White Sox to be a top tier starting pitcher. He was a very good starting pitcher prospect. It didn't work out with Chicago shocker. Stop me if you've heard that before. Goes to a team, works out of the bullpen, becomes very good again, goes to a team that knows how to utilize starting pitching, and we're starting to see it again. So I like Raylow He's going to be with the Braves again. You might have to pay a bunch for him. Like the questions would you rather have like chilling Bach or did you either have Rinaldo? That's a fun one, But yeah, Raylo, I do trust I will be slightly concerned with the ending.
Speaker 3: So man swelling Bach, I feel like I'd probably go with him. But it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, ray Loo is you know, I say, he's probably gonna get some cy Young votes. He's going to get some cy Young boats. Swelling Bach has just been so good as a lake. It's an interesting question. I'm sure it'll be something that we talk about in the off season, especially with Atlanta probably going to be a lot better next year than this year. They've just dealt with a worst case scenario of injuries. Acunia Strider, Harris Riley had it down year, Olsen had a down year. I feel like we can project a better season from them. Heading into next year, somebody who's had a great season, then we might even be able to project even a little bit better next year. I'll expand on that in a second. Is Brent Rooker a couple of home runs yesterday thirty fourth and thirty fifth of the season a one to seventy WRC plus puts them only behind Judge Soto and Bobby Witch Junior this season. I feel like the babbitb is a little bit unsustainable. But going forward, they're not going to be playing in the Coliseum, They're going to be playing in Sacramento, in a PCL park. There's a chance he hits fifty next year playing in that park. I think Brent Rooker the batting average might come down, but everything else is looking pretty good heading into Sacramento. I think in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent agree. And this is what I've talked about a lot because I grew up close by this stadium. I was in high school when the stadium was built and the Rivercats opened it. So I've been to mini games in this ballpark, and it flies in the summer because it's a consistently over one hundred degree temperatures, it's a dry heat and the ball will just fly out of that place. So unless they get like a crazy humitt Or situation going on there, that's that's possible. I agree he could be in for a big year. Do you trust it in drafts? That's tough. But it's back to back really really solid years, so at least we have to give him some critics. I think a lot of people this year thought you can't draft for Rooker, You're coming off a career year, all these things. Well, he's done in two years in a row. Now, now we've got to respect it. Plus the increased environment, I agree Rooker could be in for quite the fun season in twenty twenty five. So good Bladet and Butler and the rest of the team's hitting extremely well. It's going to be fun seeing how that cookie crumbles and drafts.
Speaker 1: With Lawrence Butler, I've gone from a place of thinking he was gonna be a huge fade for me next year. But the strikeouts have kept coming down, the swinging strike has come down. He's stealing projecting out into that ballpark next year.
Speaker 3: He's turned from a fade.
Speaker 1: Into somebody that's probably gonna be a target as long as the price doesn't get out of hand, and there's a chance the price for Lawrence Butler gets very out of hand. But I think that he's somebody that I'm going to be pretty interested in heading into next season. Somebody where I don't really know what to make of them is TODJ. Bradley, who I was a huge, huge fan of. One of my bigger hits of the season was probably a by low call on him when he was really struggling. He looked like the say young winner for a month or so there and then over this last month he is a nine to twenty ERA with a one to seventy eight whip eight nine twenty ERA from Todge Bradley for the season. Now it's a four to forty ERA won twenty one whip yesterday kind of a mixed bag. He did strike out ten, but he allowed four and runs. I don't think I trust him against the Phillies next week. I think at this point I'm fairly comfortable dropping him, which I never thought i'd say about Todge Bradley.
Speaker 3: But it's been a pretty dark road for a while now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't disagree with you. You mentioned the last seven starts near nine era over those last seven starts. It's a four to three one Sierra, so it's half the era, but it's still not ideal obviously, so I'm with you. It's tough. The strikeouts are great to see because he hasn't even getten that he's been so blown up of late. You mentioned the Philly start, We don't want anything to do with that. And then after that it's at Cleveland, who's struggled of late but still good, Toronto's picking it up, and then Boston that's a rough finish. So yeah, you can probably move on from TODs Bradley and hope he fixes things for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: It's unfortunate, but we've probably we've probably knocked enough off the price, whether it's draft rounds or auction values, that he might be pretty appealing now. And he was gonna be appealing to me, probably one way or the other. I just like the skills. I really buy into him. There is gonna be a bit of a home run problem, which could get in the way of things, but I think the price is going to be cheap enough where I'll probably invest, especially if we see a couple more of these starts the era. I mean, he had a two and a half ERA just like a month ago. It really just unraveled. This season just came apart for him. Somebody who's had a very solid season hasn't had a large sample size, but Cody Bradford another really good outing yesterday, six innings of one run ball against the Angels. He's been back for seven starts, He's got at least six innings in five of them and has not allowed more than three yearn runs in any of them. So how interested are we in Cody Bradford down the stretch. I feel like he's going to be somebody that I'm pretty interested in for next season. Not the most robust supporting metrics, but the results have been very good, good command. What's your interest level in Cody Bradford, Bubba.
Speaker 2: I'm very interested. The dude has been great. You know, even with to Grom coming back, it looks like Bradford will stick in the rotation. Garabito should be gonzo. But then Schurzer comes back and we'll see if Bradford sticks there or how that that goes. Maybe they go six man rotation with two kind of old injured guys. But I am very interested in Bradford. He's been outstanding. I wasn't even supposed to be in the rotation type guy, but he's flourished. Does get Arizona, which is tricky. Toronto, like he's already said, is pretty good, and but then he finishes against Oakland, so there is there is some good expectations there.
Speaker 1: I do like Cody Bradford. To your initial question, I'm a fan. I think I'm going to be pretty interested down the stretch. I'll probably pick him up in a couple of leagues here. I think there's probably some deeper leagues where he's still available, and I'll try and get onto the end of this hot streak here and see if I can get another start or two out of him.
Speaker 3: Let's switch to a little bit of playoff prep here.
Speaker 1: I've highlighted four two star pitchers who are kind of a little bit on the fence in terms of whether or not you'd start them or not. Going to get Bubba's take, starting with Cutter Crawford, who really just plummeted for a while there. He looks awful, but he has turned things around over the last couple of weeks. The only thing is a couple of tricky outings for him versus Baltimore and at the Yankees. You're putting Cutter Crawford in the lineups next week, Bubba.
Speaker 2: I will be not putting Cutter Crawford in my lineups next week, too, risk adverse to that at this point in time. Trying to predict ratios before the blow ups happen and Baltimore New York is not the recipe for happiness.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, I think I agree. If it's a deep league you need volume, then I'd probably do it. But in most cases it just hasn't been great. For Cutter Crawford. It started off so well, but he really fell apart in the middle of the season. And while he's gotten a little bit better recently, I just need to be starting guys that I'm fairly certain about this time of year.
Speaker 3: For the most part, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of these fringy guys, I'm not super interested in JP Sears at Houston at White Sox. The White Sox is obviously very peeling, but you got to also eat that Houston one.
Speaker 3: It's been kind of a mixed bag for seeriars.
Speaker 1: Some really good starts recently mixed in with some rather poor ones.
Speaker 3: You got any interest.
Speaker 2: Here I'm doing it. I've been using the series a lot. He should have dominated Seattle, he didn't. Prior to that some pretty good, so I'll take my chances. We just saw the Red shutdown Houston and Great America for a couple of days. Cross my fingers. Series could like at least at least just go like six and three. That's fine. Give me a quality start, give me the White Sox starts what I really want. So yes, I'm going JP series.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Valente Blosso at Pittsburgh at Washington.
Speaker 3: He's been a lot better.
Speaker 1: Than you might expect if you just look at the numbers for the season two really favorable matchups.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on Blazo there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in deeper formats, I'm cool with it. I still don't trust what we're seeing from Belazzo, but it has been good so great matchups. Can't can't hate on that. So if you want to go there, I totally understand it.
Speaker 1: It's tricky, right, Like you want to start the best possible, Guys. I think a lot of people go through this time of year, like do you go for the talent or you go for the matchups?
Speaker 3: If you had to prioritize is just one.
Speaker 1: Generally speaking, are you starting the skilled player in the trickier matchups or the worst player in the better matchups in the vacuum matchups?
Speaker 2: Give me matchups alldly long this time of year because some of these teams have tossed in the towel, so you want every matchup possible.
Speaker 3: Let's do one more.
Speaker 1: Two star pitcher Mackenzie Gore, who another roller coaster of a season, but things have looked quite a.
Speaker 3: Bit better over the last little while.
Speaker 1: At are, excuse me, versus Atlanta and then versus Miami a trickier one and then a bit of an easier one.
Speaker 3: What say you on, McKenzie Gore?
Speaker 2: Bubba Gore has looked much better in the last three or four starts. Walks are down, strikeouts are still up. I'm gonna start them. I'm gonna start them. Though then the Braves offense is not as scary as people thought it would be, and that Miami one sets up pretty nicely, So I'll start mckinzior.
Speaker 3: I think I will as well.
Speaker 1: Atlanta makes me nervous, but not quite as nervous as they would have coming into the season.
Speaker 3: I think this is a situation where you probably go for it.
Speaker 1: You might want to plug your nose, but I think I am going for it, except for maybe shallow leagues where like a ten team, or maybe I wouldn't, But I think in most cases Mackenzie Gore is probably a go one extime. My condolens is Cody in the chat, who's a regular viewer, said his father passed away. He's been missing some shows recently, so I'm very sorry to hear that, Cody, thinking about you today. Let's talk about a couple more hot performers as we go on here. If you guys have any questions, feel free to throw a couple into the chat. We'll see if we can get to some on the show. But I want to talk about four bats who have been really, really really good as of late, starting with Lars Nupar hitting three twenty seven over the last couple of weeks, generally still available in a lot of leagues. Are you trusting him down the stretches, Lars Nupar, somebody'd be willing to pick up in a lot of cases.
Speaker 2: I would for sure. Newt was a guy that I was in on in draft season. Injuries derailed most of the season. It feels like he's getting healthy now getting regular at bats. I think Newt could be in for a fun two to three weeks to finish things.
Speaker 3: Up regular bats.
Speaker 1: He's only twenty four percent rostered in Yahoo leagues, and he's been like a top forty player over the last week.
Speaker 3: He's stealing some bases.
Speaker 1: I think you could do worse than Nupar, especially in five outfielder leagues, if you're still seeing him out there. A name I didn't really expect to talk about it, and I honestly don't know if I've uttered his name on a show this year. Mickey Moniac who would have thunk it? But over the last two weeks he's batting three twenty one. Even if you stretch it out, over the last month, he's batt in three hundred five home runs in his last twenty eight at bats, playing most days, middle of the lineup. I'll be at the Angels lineup. Any interest in Mickey Moniac baba.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? I dropped this one on Bloomfield last night and he didn't. He was like, what I'm like, Yep, it's good, better than you think. Problem is he does sit vers lefties. He sits vers lefty. Still they platoon him. They faced a lot of rities lately. Next week I believe it's four righty's two lefties. So if you're in a weekly league, not ideal. If you're in a daily league, Moniac's awesome. So yeah, i'd be all about that.
Speaker 1: I think I agree there. What about Jesse Winker. Jesse Winker has just had a really great season in Washington and now even in New York. I think a lot of people at the deadline were worried about what his value in playing time would look like as a met but if you look over the last thirty days, he's batt in three thirty with three home runs. He's playing most of the time batting fourth or fifth. Any interest in Winker? I feel like deeper player specifically should have some interest here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I'm all about that. They got five rities this week in six games, so Winkers should be playing quite a bit the powers there. He's not running like he was in Washington, but whoever thought that would happen? So yeah, I'm a big Jesse Winker guy this week for sure.
Speaker 1: One last one, I'll ask you guys about ty France. He I mean, who thought anything would happen with Ty France. But going to Cincinnati, I guess that kind of ballpark can really do a.
Speaker 3: Lot for you.
Speaker 1: He's gotten four fifteen over the last two weeks, seventeen for his last forty one, with a homer and even a stolen base from Ty France. Of all people, any interest in picking up Ty France here he's playing looks like pretty much every single day there in Cincy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely interested. They just left Great American. He crushed it there. It was like the first week he was there. Is Great American, played great, went on the road. He's okay, Great American played great. They're going back on the road next week. So kind of tempered expectations. But there will be more Great Americans than I'm trying to say. So France is a good pick up. There's a handful of corner infield first base guys this week, so keep that in mind. But I do like Ty France.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I've always been a big Ty France guy. Getting out of I mean, go from the worst ballpark in baseball to arguably the best or a top two ballpark always is going to give you a bit of a boost, especially now that he's playing every single.
Speaker 3: Day, keeping it going with just for fine.
Speaker 1: No fantasy relevance here, just something I thought was a kind of a fun tidbit. Elvis Andrews is going to retire as a Ranger after debuting with the team in two thousand and nine, spending twelve seasons there. He'll be joined by Michael Young, his old teammate, on the mound as they throw out the first pitch. Ron Washington is the opposing manager, and he did coach them for several seasons, so I wonder if he's going to crouch down behind the dish and catch that ball. Not one hundred percent sure there, but just kind of a nice thing. Elvis Andrews, who was one of my favorite players there growing up. I'm going to be retiring as a member of the Rangers. Obviously there's no fantasy move there, but he did give you some deep league value as a White Sox last season, a little bit of sneaky value at times from Elvis Andrews. Let's go to the three up and three down, three up. Xander Bogarts went three for four with a home run Cal Rowley, of all people, a home run and a stolen base, giving you that combo meal. And Hunter Brown continues his redemption tour after really stinking up the play for the first part of the season. Six shoutout innings with six strikeouts against Cincinnati. On the three down, Jake Irvin, who started off just really well this season, things have really imploded for him though, six earned runs over five innings in Pittsburgh. Brendan Rodgers, who's actually been pretty solid himself, gave us a golden sombrero, and then Robert Suarez. I know I mentioned Parker Meadows earlier with that Grand Slam, and Robert Suarez was the one who allowed it, also took the loss. Very good season for him, but today he is unfortunately in the down section.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the injuries.
Speaker 1: Yoshanobo Yamamoto is going to return on Thursday or no, I wrote Thursday, but I believe it's actually next Tuesday against the Cubs, and I believe he actually lines up for a two stepper next week. We rolling with Yoshinobo Yamamoto and his first start, Buba.
Speaker 2: I'm worried that it's like the Darvish Plan's gonna get three innings and keep ramping him up because they wanted for the postseason. So it's like, do you want the Garrett Crochet treatment or do you want a guy Cause I don't think he's gonna be giving you six seven innings right out the gate, So I just temper your expectations. If you don't have other options, sure, but I'm not rushing to utilize them. The Dodgers. You don't care about our fantasy teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I wish they did. I wish all these teams cared a little bit more about our fantasy teams. There'll be no closer committees, there'd be no platoons. Everything would be sunshine and rainbows. But we're not quite there. The only league I have, Yamamoto, is TGFBI, and my ratios are just just immaculate.
Speaker 3: I don't think I can do it.
Speaker 1: Like, if you're really really strong in the ratios, then I wouldn't do it. If you're just looking to catch up in strikeouts and wins and you're hoping for the best, I think you probably just roll with it. But doesn't give you that warm, fuzzy feeling for sure. First start off of a fairly long layoff.
Speaker 3: We mentioned this the other day.
Speaker 1: We didn't have a ton of clarity on the situation, but Justin Steele was in fact placed on the fifteen dail with elbow tendonitis. It looks pretty unlikely that he is going to come back, but the Cubs are still kind of sort of in the race. Any reason to hold on to Justin Steele specifically for rodo managers because head to head managers, in all likelihood he's done for the time your season is going to be going for in a row. Is there any chance he gets one or two starts at the end of the season that you'd want to hold on for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm dropping him. I just the cut, nothing to play for. Maybe they try to get one more start out of him, but I don't think they've shut Steel down in two years ago, Like they're not worried about finishing the season on the mound, which makes us question things in the offseason. But yeah, I'm I on dropping him. I think we've seen the last of Justin Steel unfortunately.
Speaker 3: I think you're probably right somebody else.
Speaker 1: I think we might have seen the last of Corey Seger hip soreness, placed on the IL, eligible to return on September sixteenth, A lot of leagues end on September the fifteenth, on that Sunday for head to head, So if your league ends on the fifteenth, you already know what to do there. Even if your league doesn't end on the fifteenth, I don't know if it really makes sense. From the Rangers standpoint seven and a half out of the Division, eight back in the wild card. Are they going to bring back Corey Seger to play six seven meaningless games at the end of the season. I think there's a chances he might have taken his last swing in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Completely agree with you. I'll keep that one simple. I'm on the same age. I've already told people to drop him. If he comes back, I'd be shocked, and I'm not expecting much out of him when he comes back.
Speaker 1: So I think he's done something that can happen to this time of year. If somebody sees a name like that hit the waiver wire, they might just reflexibly say, oh my god, Corey Seger, I'm gonna throw a quick bit on him. They might just not realize the timing situation. They might waste some of their remaining fab use a higher priority, so you might be.
Speaker 3: Able to doope some of your league mates as well.
Speaker 1: With that, not that we're trying to deceive people out here, but you never know, could be a nice little thing that happens as well. From getting him off your roster, you get a pickup and maybe somebody else wastes a little bit of.
Speaker 3: Fab and some time on him.
Speaker 1: Louise Heel activated from the IL and we'll start today. Be comfortable rolling with Louise Heel, Bobba.
Speaker 3: It hasn't been the greatest second half from him.
Speaker 1: We're pushing up against an innings limit, worries for injury, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: How confident are you down the stretch here?
Speaker 2: I'm throwing him. It's a tough matchup verus the Cubs Redhaw offense. But the wind blowing in twenty miles an hour Wrigley, so I'll take my chances. And he was up to eighty pitches in his last outing as he rehabbed back, So I'll throw the Weis. But yeah, it has been a fall from grace.
Speaker 1: One could say, you know, I was talking to two separate people yesterday, including one of them our mutual friend, Chris Torres, who is a Yankee fan. Two of people suggested Luis Hill should just slot into that ninth inning with Clay Holmes and all the nonsense is going on there. Heel's got the injury risk, why not just give him the ninth inning for a couple of weeks if the command is not what you really want to see from a closer. But I think there's a chance, especially with Clark Smith coming back, they're going to be six men in the rotation anyway. Do you think there's any chance that he'll sees any work in the ninth inning or in relief Bubba, or do you think he's just a starter to rest the season.
Speaker 2: I think he's just a starter because I think they want to keep him stretched out for next year. But I would be one hundred percent on board with the move of the bullpit. I think it's a smart move. But we're trying to say, Aaron Boone make smart moves. So go figure that Jayson Dimingus is still in triple A. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: When you have the chance to start Alex Radugo and give him every day at bats, you simply have to do it.
Speaker 3: There's no other question. You just you just got to do it.
Speaker 1: This one is injury adjacent. I just kind of want to get your thoughts on the whole You probably saw it. Witt Mayor Field a couple days ago got hit in the head by a pitch. He was not happy about it. He started saying things that I'm not really sure what my stance on is quite yet, but suggesting that maybe there should be fines and suspensions levied against guys who throw and hit guys in the head and they end up missing time.
Speaker 3: And what are your thoughts on that.
Speaker 1: Do you think that it's reasonable to suspend pitchers for hitting guys in the head for lack of command. I still don't really know how to feel about the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think so because I don't think any pitchers purposely trying to hit someone in the head. I've seen guys try to hit people in the back the show like whatever of it. I don't think they're have a purposely trying to hit some one in the head. I don't think they wish injury to anybody. I think the bigger matter and a lot of players have spoke on this because we've seen a lot of hit matters this year, a lot without any sticky stuff. There needs to be like a MLB regulated amount of sticky. They can create the proper sticky. Players have said it's easy to create a universal sticky. Like in the World Baseball Class, I think it was a different league. They made a ball that had built in sticky and that's what everyone used game on. Like, there's so things that can take place. But of course Rob Manford, we know how that goes. But I think doing some some sort of just enough sticky for command, not for just like insanely godly spin. There's a difference there, but just for command would be tremendous. I think everyone had benefit from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's probably correct. They need to do something, But I don't know if suspending guys is.
Speaker 1: Really the way to go about it. Nobody's out there for the most part. Maybe the odd guy gets beamed on purpose in certain situations, but they're not trying to hit people in the head. I think that just the command is not prioritized like it was maybe a few years ago. On top of the lack of sticky stuff, velocity on averages up. Pitchers are coming up younger than they were before and they're throwing one hundred and two, so they definitely need to tink there with a few things. There's been too many injuries this season. We saw Corey Seger go down earlier in the year. It's not even just getting hit in the head like Bryce Harper got hit the other day again, and it's just a lot of injuries, a lot of.
Speaker 2: Broken hands, broken wrists, a lot of that this year.
Speaker 1: Danny Jansen's got a magnet on his hand. He has for the last couple of seasons. It feels like he always takes one or two off of his hand. But just an interesting talking point. I feel like that's something that we'll talk about more and more because I think Marrifield said something about he's gonna bring it up to the Players Association and maybe in the next CBA there is something that is mentioned anyway around that. But Bubba, it's time for us to move into the Best Bets of the Day, presented by a Bet three six y five Again bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty bonus bets when you use that promo code leading off only at bet.
Speaker 3: Three sixty five. Bubba, where are we starting today on your bets?
Speaker 2: Prop bets? As usual, not as not as big a fan today as I was in previous weeks, but I'm going to go with Big Willie. William Contrero's over one and a half total bases at plus one thirty five. Really fun matchup for the brew Crew today. Francisco Lindor's has been nuclear hot. Anytime I can get plus money on this, He's over one and a half total bases. I'll take at plus one fifteen. So I think Lindor there, and I think the Red Sox go to town this evening. Give me Jaron Duran over two and a half hits runs in our guys a plus one ten, so William Concerero's, Frenchy Lindor, Jared Duran all at plus money. Let's have some fun.
Speaker 3: Let's have some fun.
Speaker 1: Indeed, I also think that the Red Sox are probably gonna do pretty well. I mean we're not exactly. No serdamis there, They're facing the White Sox. But I am shaking Nick Cavetta here over six and a half strikeouts at plus money. I mean Nick Covetta, for all his fault strikeouts, are not something that he really struggles with against a team like the White Sox. At plus money, I think seven strikeouts can very easily be attained. DJ Hurts. I'm also going with I've been a big fan of his. He gets the Pirates and the line is set at five and a half strikeouts at minus one fifteen, so I will go DJ Hurris also over strikeouts and then rounding out the strikeout trio here, I've gone with Bryce Miller, and it's mostly because the line is just set so low at four and a half. Saint Louis doesn't strike out a ton, but Bryce Miller does tend to work fairly deep into games, going six or seven innings, so I feel like, just on a volume standpoint, he's gonna be able to get to five here. Sticking with the strikeouts across the board, Hurts, Paveda and Miller, Bobo going William Contreras over base, Francisco Lindor over bases, and Jaron Duran over two and a half hits, runs and RBI. We went five for six on Wednesday, folks, so we're catching a little bit of fire here on the betting side again. That is the best bets of the day, brought to you by our friends over at bet three six five. Baba, let's get a home run call before we get us out of here for the weekend.
Speaker 2: One of the hottest hitters in baseball right now, Kyle Schwarber, I think greatest see them shore bombs Friday and the rest of the weekend. So I'll go with Kyle Shoorber to probably hit at least two over the weekend. Let's put it that way. Friday, it's only two home runs from Shorebard.
Speaker 1: I'm still seeing stars from what he did with the Blue Days earlier this week, Triple Dong, Folks, Triple Dong probably won some head to head matchups just there by himself. My home run call. Also, going back to picking on those white soxx, I'm going Tyler O'Neil going up against Davis Martin tonight, who hasn't actually been that bad. But Tyler O'Neill, when he's healthy this season has been a pretty good bet to hit a home run.
Speaker 3: Not that he's gonna score anybody else.
Speaker 1: Twenty five homers and fifty RBI it's been pretty pretty crazy to think of, especially considering how good the offenses. But I will take Tyler O'Neil for today, and I will take him for the weekend, and Bubba, that will do it, my friend.
Speaker 3: This is the end of the first week of the Bubba and Joe experience. I really appreciate you joining me again today.
Speaker 2: Always Man. Looking forward to it every Wednesday and Friday, you and me taking down the show and having a good time. So I'm happy to chat with you anytime as.
Speaker 1: Usual, Always Man, Always Monday. I'm actually not sure if it'll be Bubba or I. I haven't taken a look at the schedule yet, but you'll get one of us, and you'll get our old friend Chris Welsh back hosting the show. A little bit of a return to normalcy there, so that'll be a lot of fun. We'll figure out who's hosted and one of us will be here for sure. But in any event, guys, really appreciate all you hanging out as we enter the end of the season. If anybody's not subscribed to the YouTube channel or the podcast feed, we really appreciate that. Help keep those numbers steady as football kind of takes over. Help us keep the football crowd at day here with those likes, ratings, reviews, all that great stuff that helps the show to grow.
Speaker 3: But that will do it. Guys, Hope you have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Wish you all the best of luck in your head to head leagues, and until Monday, take care, have fun.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB